Forum Topic

Macbook / Macbookpro Users Thread

• Alam ko basta 32 bit di na gagana
  • 1.2.3 - 11/2/2019
    Legacy Video Card Patch for dosdude1's Catalina Patcher is out! It fixes the long-present grey Menu Bar and Finder Sidebar issues users would experience in Light Mode with non-Metal video cards.
  • Anyone here use a SATA to FireWire dock/enclosure for their beloved machine?
  • I got a free one-year trial of Apple TV+ with my new MBP. Nice!
  • Nice! Also got one with my 11 Pro Max, but I’m still contemplating to activate it. Thinking I’d like to watch it on the big screen, but how? Thinking of getting an Apple TV 4K, which will include another year, but won’t be able to avail of the free streaming services on the same Apple ID with it

-- edited by pancho on Nov 04 2019, 11:58 AM
  • Just realised it may be possible to watch it on my TV, either by going to <click here for link> or by downloading & installing the app on my LG TV (kung meron na)
  • In order to try and enable Sidecar on your Mac if it isn’t on the list, follow these steps:
    Connect your iPad to your Mac with a cable
    Open Terminal from your macOS Catalina computer
    Type “defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display AllowAllDevices -bool true; defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display hasShownPref -bool true; open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Sidecar.prefPane” into Terminal (without the quotes)
    Press Enter
    Enter your password if you are prompted
    Once you have input that line of commands into Terminal, your System Preferences opens up. From there, if it worked, you see a new option next to Displays called ‘Sidecar’ and you too can enjoy the fun.

May error. Mukhang na fix sa latest update. Balik Duet app na lang muna ako :)
  • anyone here knows where i can buy the adapter that comes with the mbp? yung kasing lapad lang ng magsafe? so far nakikita ko is normal size adapters na.. too bulky..
  • Anyone need a 512GB SSD Flash Storage and MagSafe 1 85W power adapater? Kindly send PM..

• Just updated from 10.15 to 10.15.1.

This seems to have fixed the logout issue I've been having on 10.15.
    (e.g. when I do certain things, it just logs me off completely and goes back to the login screen even though I'm actively using the computer)

That's probably the best "feature" for me so far. Haven't really installed much apps on this notebook, as I intend to just use it when I'm in my study (and leave it on to keep me alive on some websites, if I could find an extension for Safari to automatically refresh tabs)

-- edited by pancho on Nov 07 2019, 04:14 AM
  • I've installed a solid state drive on this MBP last week, and the difference is night and day. Baka 'di ko na nga i-max ang RAM nito, eh. Unless malaki sale sa Black Friday.

• ^_Any tips on how to install Catalina in old model Macs?
  • ^_Any tips on how to install Catalina in old model Macs?

All you need to know how to install Catalina, on an unsupported Mac: https://youtu.be/wxFzZWqoCng

:-)

-- edited by pancho on Nov 17 2019, 06:20 PM
  • Gagana kaya ang M.2 SSD sa Early 2011 MBP, kung makahanap ako ng matinong M.2 to 2.5 SATA converter?

• Errr... <click here for link>

:-)

Salamat po kaso, 404 Not Found na yung link
  • @ Pancho - Same tayo ng specs ng MBP except that mine is 8gb 1067mhz DDR3 while yours is 4gb 1333mhz,
    So yung MBP mo, in upgrade mo lang to SSD then you were able to update OS to Catalina? Mine kasi is stock to El Capitan eh.

If I were to upgrade to SSD, swede ko na rin kaya update to Catalina?
  • @ AthlonXP2000
    @ Pancho - Same tayo ng specs ng MBP except that mine is 8gb 1067mhz DDR3 while yours is 4gb 1333mhz,
    So yung MBP mo, in upgrade mo lang to SSD then you were able to update OS to Catalina? Mine kasi is stock to El Capitan eh.

If I were to upgrade to SSD, swede ko na rin kaya update to Catalina?

Hi, sorry for the super delayed response. Pede naman Catalina kahit naka HDD, basta nasa list sha sa mga "unsupported" MBP's ni dosdude1.

I've just upgraded this machine with 8GB of RAM, and it's I'm very pleased with it. 15.1 is pretty stable, it's been running for a few weeks now. Kaka-shutdown ko lang dahil to install the RAM, pero uptime niya was since my last post here.

I'm now very tempted to install Catalina on my other unsupported MBP!
  • Kahit anong ssd brand puwede ba ikabit sa mid 2015 MacBook Pro retina?
  • Kahit anong ssd brand puwede ba ikabit sa mid 2015 MacBook Pro retina?

Mas maganda po Genuine Apple SSD Drive / Flash Storage, if you need 512GB and 1TB PM lang po, i'll be back on Dec 9 from one week vacation...
  • Meron kayo idea sa cost ng pagpareplace ng battery ng MacBook Pro touchbars Ngayon?
  • ^ anung model? sira na po ba yung bat nio? pano nio chinacharge ung mbp?
  • ^ MacBook Pro 15 touchbar 2017, always plugged in parang desktop
  • ^lumobo po ba sya? parehas po tyo ng unit BTO lang po ung akin always plug in din po kasi ginagawa ko. as of now ok naman po yung battery. 2years narin po sakin sya
  • @ tekrum

Meron battery recall program para sa mga 15" MBP: https://support.apple.com/en-ph/15-inch-macbook-pro-battery-recall

Check niyo serial number sa link kung covered. Libre ang battery replacement kung eligible.

-- edited by MrBungle on Dec 09 2019, 12:51 PM
  • @mrbungle Hindi siya kasali na check ko na.

Taka lang kasi ako 133 cycles pero 79% na lang capacity.

@cadav3r17 1.5yrs pa lang siya.
  • sakin mga nasa 20+ cycles 97% capacity
  • ^ parang ambilis din yang sayo.
  • mabilis din ba for 2 years yan?
  • gawin mo nalng sir e sirain mo yung keyboard mo. haha diko alam kung pano or lagyan mo ng alikabok yung keyboard mo para mag karoon ng repeated keys. pasok yan sa warranty. mapapalitan pa keyboard/battery at speaker mo. for free :P

-- edited by cadav3r17 on Dec 10 2019, 12:54 PM
  • Oo mabilis masyado for 1.5yrs.