Forum Topic

Anime Enthusiasts Unite! (Trading strictly prohibited)

• Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody)

Watched 1st ep, it was "meh". I already didn't like it because of the title-- any Japanese who uses the term "Death March" so casually obviously doesn't know what it means, so it's just another reason to insta-drop it. :I
  • More nostalgia:

Before Robotech, Macross actually aired on local TV. This is the opening song I remember.
  • Watching Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These

This memorable quote hit me hard:

"Rather than solving their problems on their own, they were waiting for some superhero or saint to show up and take it all on single-handedly. Rudolf took advantage of that. Now, remember this. It is the people who create the dictator who have the greater responsibility. Even if they don't actively support him, standing by silently makes them equally guilty."

– Yang Wen-li, to Jessica Edwards and Jean Robert Lapp, explaining his father's opinion on how Rudolf von Goldenbaum came to power
  • @MrBungle

Quite timely don't you think? IIRC there's another cour of Die Neue These coming up, might get delayed though.
  • Watched 1st ep, it was "meh". I already didn't like it because of the title-- any Japanese who uses the term "Death March" so casually obviously doesn't know what it means, so it's just another reason to insta-drop it. :I

I did watch it after having finished the the translated light novel at Sousetsuka and it pretty much sucks. You're better off sticking with the LN.

Watching Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These

I've never watched an episode of LOGH but it has a really high ranking at aniDB so I figure I'll watch it one of these days.
  • I've never watched an episode of LOGH but it has a really high ranking at aniDB so I figure I'll watch it one of these days.

I recommend it, though I've only seen Die Neue These (the new anime adaptation of the novels) and not the original. In any case, the source material is great and both adaptations have their merits.

• awakeruze Send Message View User Items on 29 Jun 20 @ 03:19 PM #

@antrickle

SAO: TBH, didn't like Season 2 much. Haven't seen the ordinal scale movie. Completely dropped SAO after episode 4 of Alicization - War of Underworld, after facepalming for the entire 24 episodes of the first half. Never going back again.

I'm totality in this position right now.
    The story became flaccid on second half of season 2.
    What a letdown.

Next Anime naman.
  • Next Anime naman.

One Punch Man? Kahit Season 1 lang.
  • Done po. Will review back page later after work.
  • Shigurui... because mature anime is for mature people with mature tastes like me ;)

oh shit, newbie! you need to watch boku no pico with your wife man, its like the Titanic of Anime

-- edited by Kaoru on Jul 03 2020, 12:22 PM
  • comrade Sumire will be voicing Nagatoro san!
  • comrade Sumire will be voicing Nagatoro san!

I'm having a very hard time imagining that. Me PV ba or something? OTOH, Naomi Satania Oozora as Sugoi Dekai is just perfect.

@Lain: I just realized the central twist just recently. And to think that it happens literally in the first few minutes of the show. Realizing the implication of that scene puts the entire show in perspective.

@From the new world: If you think about it, the molerats' actions were kind of justified considering what the backstory twist tells you.
  • It's already 2020's summer anime season and I was looking at the shows when this caught my eye:

Dokyuu Hentai HxEros
    Earth faces an unprecedented threat from an invasion by the mysterious Kiseichuu. The Kiseichuu feed on human sexual energy, also known as “H-energy”, and weaken the human population. High school student Retto Enjou is a member of the hero group HXEROS, who fight together to save the earth from the Kiseichuu.

Haven't watched episode 1 yet but it seems like the ridiculous plot will be a springboard for ecchi antics.
  • I'm having a very hard time imagining that. Me PV ba or something? OTOH, Naomi Satania Oozora as Sugoi Dekai is just perfect.

None as of the moment. There was a previous PV but with Kurosawa Tomoyo

But Sumire san is a really good VA, she can pull it off.

• But Sumire san is a really good VA, she can pull it off.

With such a diverse range of roles, I agree.

Anastasia (Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls)
    Sora Takanashi (Papakiki)
    Dekomori (Chuunibyou)
    Shaltear (Overlord)
    Disciplinary Committee President (Aho Girl)
    Kana Kojima (Nande Sensei Koko ni!?)

Haven't watched episode 1 yet but it seems like the ridiculous plot will be a springboard for ecchi antics.

There is no "seems like". It's Daimidaler all over again.
  • Idolm@ster Million Live is finally confirmed to be getting an anime.

I have been waiting years for it!!!
  • ^
    Nice to hear! I hope it's better than the Cinderella Girls anime (too many characters, and not enough time to flesh them out). Also, I seem to like Million Live songs more, compared to those from Cinderella Girls.
  • Kaoru Send Message View User Items on 03 Jul 20 @ 12:22 PM #

Shigurui... because mature anime is for mature people with mature tastes like me ;)

oh shit, newbie! you need to watch boku no pico with your wife man, its like the Titanic of Anime

buti nalang, i always watch youtube trailers, still will watch parin kahit bait ito, id look at it as an ordeal. ha ha.

I recently watched a sneak preview of Miru Tights on Facebook.
    Binged watch it last night, short stories lang naman. meh lang, yung pinanood ko sa facebook yung best scene na pala. i was hoping for more.
  • Idolm@ster Million Live is finally confirmed to be getting an anime.
    I have been waiting years for it!!!

• ^ Shouldn't it be:

MY BODY IS L@DY

You'll only get it if you watched the original Idolm@ster anime (no, not Xenoglossia LOL).

Some recent Million Live Theater Days stuff:
  • GoH is what Tenjoy Tingy shouldve been and dayum, mappa is right there almost with UFOtable
  • GoH is what Tenjoy Tingy shouldve been and dayum, mappa is right there almost with UFOtable

The animation is godlike, one punch man s1 godlike. Manhwa's are taking over! Lol

@bokuben

Still a long way for the Sensei arc.
    Damn!
  • Expecting Oh Great to make a decent story? Lol

• Anong code nyan? Lol
  • DAMN IT REM! NOT EVEN 10 MINS IN AND YOURE ALREADY DOING BEST GIRL SPEECH!!!! SUBARU IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU!

-- edited by Kaoru on Jul 08 2020, 11:34 PM
  • DAMN IT REM! NOT EVEN 10 MINS IN AND YOURE ALREADY DOING BEST GIRL SPEECH!!!! SUBARU IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU!

No more rem for the rest of the season, lol. There was also a small easter egg when gluttony ate her memory.
    Gluttony:
    Kazuma desu!
  • Kazuma desu!

di ako sanay marinig boses nya na walang kaarte-arte o manic screaming

so may 15k na 1080ti sa lazada... kaso sa description iviber or whatsapp daw sila para ma-negotiate ung price? anong pakulo to????
  • so may 15k na 1080ti sa lazada... kaso sa description iviber or whatsapp daw sila para ma-negotiate ung price? anong pakulo to????

It's the new "PM is da key" scheme. Maraming ganyan sa Lazada saka Shopee ngayon. Ingats nalang.
  • ^
    so anong pakulo un? bat pa nagbebenta sa lazada kung mambabarat pa? di na lang ilagay yung mismong price? saka bat kelangan pa i-pm?!

... dropped uzaki-chan 5 mins in... i just cant. face of a boy, body of an elementary kid, boobs of a lactating mom... i just cant