Forum Topic

router w/ torrent support

• ^ thanks sir! Will try the 2nd option. :)
  • Post deleted #11258941
  • ^go to tomato thread <click here for link>

see page 1 nandun yung instruction how to use transmission.
  • Guys I have wl520gu currently with OLEG 1.9.2.7-d-r3591 Firmware. My problem is wala pading Torrent downloader and I want to change the firmware to tomato shibby with torrent downloader. Anyone here can updrade/change my router to TOMATO firmware? I will pay. Please PM me how much. I live in QC. Thanks!
  • ^

Asus WL520GU R1 240 100 Mbps 4/16MB

flash memory is too small. for shibby firmware with usb support. k26 is pratically impossible to be used with usb support.

bili ka na lang ng bagong router.
  • Post deleted #11260698
  • ^as I said, wala,

you need at least k26 kernel to use optware or entware. But there a optware for k24 pero obosolete na.

pero try mo pa rin yung optware sa k24, malay natin kung umaandar pa yung repository sa k24.

or just use openwrt.

-- edited by polka on Oct 21 2014, 08:05 AM
  • buy a router that can holdbthe bigger rom...
    yours cannot
  • Guys! Question, ask ko lang if I use my Tenda N60 with Shibby FW, gagana kaya when combined with a multibay enclosures like mediasonic probox?
  • ^If your windows computer recognize it as mass storage device without any driver installation. Then gagana yan
  • Post deleted #11262822
  • none, I researched hard enough that if you want a torrent client working on that router, you need to install optware.

that router is just too outdated, and flash memory is too small.

bili ka na lang bago, kung nagtitipid ka, a Asus N10u/N10u-B will suffice.
  • How about this Banana PI BPI-R1 Open-source router?

<click here for link>
  • Ok na sana kaso yung wifi dapat atleest interchangable katulad ng gamit ko na alix board that can run all x86 based open source router os out there. I can even tranform my alix board into a freenas which can do many things and of them is to download torrents.

In short for the price. Pangit sya gamitin as open source router because it uses arm processor. Not even a openwrt or ddwrt supports it and i even doubt they will even add support for this architecture with available router os out there .
  • It will be ARM not MIPS as the future CPU for routers. Examples are ASUS RT-AC68U, RT-AC56U, and Netgear R7000. OpenWRT is actively working on ARM support. DDWRT unless it adds support for ARM will soon wither and die with no new devices coming.
  • Sure. Sabihin mo yan sa developer. Lets see what they say.

Pero generic lang naman sasabihin nila. Si shibby sasabihin lang nyan. Hindi yan broadcom arm kaya no not supported.

Hindi porket arm processor ok na. Meron mga arm chipset that is specially designed for networkin just like the models you stated. And that board uses a6 dual core processor. According sa soc documentation, designed sya sa mga tablet and other things and it missing features that is necessary for networking just like hardware nat features and other useful instruction sets that is designed for a networking.

Ang pinagkaiba lang nyan is wala syang lcd screen at capacitive touchscreen. At dinagdag lang ang switch (with switch controller by broadcom).
  • ^^^ I feel you feel threatened. Let\'s wait and see and not have a closed mind. Using the ARM chip opens the field to non-Shibby and non-DDWRT developers out there. There is plenty of competition at this level of CPU (1+GHz & 1+GB ram) power. I prefer to look beyond Shibby and DDWRT.
  • Meron po ba dito mga Dovado router users? Pa feedback naman po.

Ito po balak ko sanang bilhin para sa DSL namin.

Dovado Pro <click here for link>

Some of the features po

FEATURES
    Mobile broadband access in Routed/Bridged mode* (150 Mbps with 4G USB modem)
    Maximal uptime with SmartUSBTM and Connection TrackerTM
    Supports many different USB modems for mobile broadband*
    USB modem/Ethernet WAN automatic fail-over as backup connection
    USB Modem Redundancy (fail-over to second USB Modem/Mobile Hotspot)
    NAS Media Storage (up to 180 Mbps)***
    Supports storage drives (NAS functionality) larger than 3TB
    Home Automation***
    GPS Tracking/Positioning***
    Android and iOS mobile app for Remote Control/Statistics
    WLAN Encryption and MAC address Filtering
    Port-Forwarding & Remote Management
    Dynamic DNS Services
    SMS Mailbox/Remote Control/Notifications**
    SMS->SMS & SMS->EMAIL Forwarding
    Live Firmware Upgrade (with SMS/E-Mail Notifications)
    PPTP-based VPN Client
    PPPoE (Ethernet WAN port)

-- edited by c26alfred on Nov 09 2014, 04:19 PM
  • guys meron ba sa inyo nakagamit ng tplink-wr842nd
  • motion55 Send Message View User Items on November 06, 2014 12:58 PM
    It will be ARM not MIPS as the future CPU for routers. Examples are ASUS RT-AC68U, RT-AC56U, and Netgear R7000. OpenWRT is actively working on ARM support. DDWRT unless it adds support for ARM will soon wither and die with no new devices coming.

DDWRT will die out because of their terrible community. People there are so cocky towards newbies.
  • Post deleted #11325151
  • i got a netgear r6300
  • i got a netgear r6300

Mukang mahal ata yan sir. And mukang walang torrent downloader. BTW, how much are you going to sell it?
  • Gumagana pa ba download master ng mga Asus Routers? anyone here still download torrents using download master? May mga nababasa kasi ako na di na daw gumagana Download master
  • nagflash po ako ng openwrt sa tplink mr3240 papano po ang bridge nito kasi nagawa ko po ung bridging pero sa lan lang pero walang SSID na nkabroadcast
  • i\'m a user of wr842nd.
    i installed gargoyle firmware for the bandwidth control features.
    Pwde ka maglagay ng max speed per MAC, IP, or IP range.
    You can impose data cap, and either throttle speed or block access once cap is met. You can schedule when this capping will take effect (daily, weekly), and when to reset (hourly, daily, etc.)

i installed webcam support, so I can attach webcam and turned it into a cctv cam (no recording, only view).

Never tried installing BT client, kasi indi na kakasya ung available memory for plugins...

I have asus N13U B1 for BT chores, attached is an external hdd.
    Slightly modified to add heatsink fan (from old video card).
  • Mga master, esp master polka, i just recently bought an asus rtn18u router and flashed it with the lastest shibby for arm and was able to use it for all the fuctions including the torrent downloading. Trouble is, this has 2 usb ports. I bought this as an upgrade sana from 5354s and 5358s since i wanted to have my 4 bay enclosure attached to the same router and at the same time another single hdd on enclosures with standalone power as the torrent drive for DL new movies. Problem is i cant get it to recognize both drive and enclosure simultaneously. If i insert the single drive, it would mount and run, stream media sa minix ko and DL torrents. If i plug the 4 bay, unrecognized si 4 bay. If i unplug the single drive, leaving the same 4bay, 4 bay will be recognized and vise versa. I was wondering if may script aq dapat ilagay for both to mount sabay but still my dls go to the single drive. I doubt that its a power issue for both have stand alone powersuppiles for both. Thank you.

Eto po pla gsmit ko sa run after mounting: swapon /dev/sda1 and enable Automount
  • Post deleted #11501563
  • cdrking
  • ^wala na phase out na. kung meron pa sa branch na malapit sa inyo swerte mo.