Forum Topic

Micro ATX users here!

• Pa recommend ng white matx case na kakasya yung zotac gtx 1070 amp extreme.

Thanks!
  • Zotac GTX 1070 AMP Extreme - 325mm

F3 - 315mm
    Prodigy/Phenom - 320mm
    Air 240 - 290mm
    Hyperion - 325mm
    PS08W - 358.14mm

Enthoo Evolv - 318mm

Not sure kung makahanap ka ng white versions nila dito.
  • Pa recommend ng white matx case na kakasya yung zotac gtx 1070 amp extreme.

Thanks!

phanteks evolv matx ka na lng kasya, na try ko na before
  • Anybody here using an MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X/Z with a Silverstone TJ08E matx case?

What system temps are you getting and does the side panel heat up much when gaming?

I want my side panels to stay on and that's why I'm wondering if I can get away with using a gtx 1070 with an open air cooler rather than one with a blower fan.

Thanks.
  • ^
    I'm using a TJ08-E with an old Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 videocard which is a higher wattage card than the GTX 1070. I always keep the sidepanels closed because the case is below my desk and I need to prevent dust and pests from entering the case.

You won't have issues with system temps since the direct airflow from the penetrator fan will keep your CPU and drives cool. Also the rear exhaust fan helps prevent heated air from the CPU being ingested by your videocard cooler. In most cases all components below your videocard will remain cool. The sidepanel will also be cool to the touch.

The only issue with the TJ08-E is that heated air from a videocard (using an open air cooler) rises to the top of the case with no easy way to escape. So you will notice that the top panel is much warmer compared to the rest of the case. If you install any harddrives or SSD's on the 5.25-inch bays they will get inadequate cooling and experience higher temps. So I don't recommend it.

Some TJ08-E users rotate their PSU so the PSU fan serves as an extra exhaust fan, which can help remove hot air from the case. But in return you sacrifice PSU cooling which might be a bad idea. A better option would be to remove the PCI covers above the videocard so hot air can escape and lessens the airflow dead spot above the videocard. If you have perforated PCI covers then better.

You can use the MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X with the TJ08-E, just expect that videocard cooling / videocard airflow is not as good as other cases :-)
  • ^ Maybe a blower type exhaust fan at the uppermost slot can help with that.

• ^
    Very good suggestion.

Prob is that my uppermost slot is already occupied by my Sound Blaster Z card while the 2 bottommost slots are for the vid card. That leaves me with only one slot between the sound card and vidcard.

I don't think that blower type exhaust fan will work in between the two.
  • Looking at a photo of the TJ08-E's rear side, the exhaust fan would be too close to one of the video card's fans.

OTOH the TJ08-E has perforated slot covers, and the 180mm fan might be enough to push the hot air through the back.
  • @chert1024akaMojo
    Prob is that my uppermost slot is already occupied by my Sound Blaster Z card while the 2 bottommost slots are for the vid card. That leaves me with only one slot between the sound card and vidcard.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do with that setup unless you are willing to mod the case and add a fan mount on the sidepanel. Your soundcard can potentially choke the airflow of your GTX 1070 especially if there is not enough space between cards.

What I suggest is stick with your setup for now and just ramp up the RPM of your videocard fans and case fans. Monitor the temps of your GPU and avoid overclocking the GPU any further.

When you have the extra budget, migrate your setup to a new case like the Fractal Define C Mini. That case has better cooling and is about the same size as the TJ08-E. It also has a non-windowed variant for increased sound suppression.
  • Guysss pa help anu pedeng alternative case for thermaltake core v21? Out of stock din kase tecware carbon :(( cube type sana and hindi masyado mataas CPU clearance possible 170mm mataas para kasya h5 universal. Thank you!!
  • question sa mga cougar spike users. ask lang kung wala ba talagang cut out yung right panel (para sa mobo) if maglalagay ka ng after market air cooler? actually low profile lang naman yung air cooler na ilalagay.

and

baka may recommended kayong matx case na 2k pababa ang presyo.
  • @AceOfDozen

For aftermarket coolers that have their own backplate, you need to remove the motherboard from the casing in order to properly install it.
  • @awakeruze
    Medyo di malinaw question ko hehe. I mean may enough space ba para sa bracket ng cooler? Para kasing paloob yung nakikita kong space nya.

• Corsair 88r matx

mahal ng mems ni corsair hehe #fanboy
  • Share lang ng recent update . mAtx ftwwwwwww

• @kherzenborillo

ang ganda po ng pic ftwwww
  • @AceOfDozen

Check out Thermaltake Versa H15.
  • @AceOfDozen

Tecware F3 - 1100php
  • Fractal Design Define Mini C (windowed version) now available :-)

Sana may non-windowed version din...
  • Nakakatempt talaga Define Mini C haha linis tignan eh.
  • Pashare. Originally, sg13 gamit ko pero since dtx motherboard ko hindi kakasya ang dual slot video card. Switched to a generic case (abko ncore atom). Ok pa rin sakin size since compact. Problema ko walang intake or exhaust fans. Naka zip tie lang yung fan sa harap ng case haha. Planning to mod it para sa front yung psu tapos h60 sa likod.. May alam po ba kayo san makakabili ng right angle psu power cord?

• sa ilalim merong fan slot yan sir
  • Oo nga sir e, 80mm. Wala lang ako makitang ok na fan.
  • slim fan ang nilagay ko dyan eh. pag yung ordinary 80mm, tumatama sa mobo
  • Oo nga sir e. Wala akong makitang 12mm na 80mm fan

Cable managed. Sa left side panel lahat ng kalat. ssd and 2.5" drive nakatago. Haha

-- edited by migsvill on Dec 20 2016, 05:16 PM
  • boss migsvill pabulong naman saan k naka-score ng ncore atom at magkano
    thanks
  • pm sent sir
  • Post deleted #11834942
  • sm951 on a m-atx board :)

• Hi guys! Good pm! Sorry to disturb you, i am looking for micro atx and mini itx casing which are affordable? What can you recommend po? Will be using it for office setup. Will need atleast 6-10 casing units. Budget is around 1.5k-2k per case w psu if possible? Pa pm po sana ako if ever.
    Kahit 10inch by length x 3-4inch width And 7-8height. Thank u!