Forum Topic

Can I use Smart Money to pay for my Ebay items (paypal)

• i posted. how many feedbacks from ebay do you have? and i mean ebay us?
  • had to replace my smart money card due to damage. ayaw na tangapin ng swipe sa cash register. gutay gutay na

they gave me a new one with a different last 2 numbers. Tooka several days bago ma activate due to some equipment snafu sa smart. Once activated and linked to my phone, it only took minutes to be verified with paypal
  • baka sinasabi lang nila yun dahil ayaw nila magexpect ang smart money user na mabibigyan sila ng customer support pag nagkaproblema sa kanilang paypal
  • • Go to your Smart Money menu

• Choose Activate Card

my guide presupposes naka activate na ang card mo. Without doing the \"activate\" card step I think kahit gamitin mo sa supermarket ang card mo di aandar. syempre hindi activated. This has nothing to do with paypal, only smart money. Once na activate and pwede mo na gamitin sa supermarket then pwede na i add sa paypal

I think this is the reason why most people are unable to verify.

oh and did you notice na nagbago ang procedure recently sa paypal? before 2 steps, 1. add card. 2. verify card which costs ~100 pesos (refundable). Ngayon one step nalang and 4x.xx pesos ang bayad, non refundable. Wala na verify, wala na 4 digit code

this is my latest guide, with the new procedure and some explanation of what happened and what changed
    <click here for link>

-- edited by pcruztemp on May 30 2011, 11:44 PM
  • for me yes I needed 2 steps, activate through the phone menu and activate via call.

I strongly suggest you test your card by buying something from the supermarket (after activating it) before trying to link it to paypal
  • just bumping an old thread..

anyway, i just got my paypal verified today using my smart money which i had last year pa (na-misplace ko kasi), aside from activating it thru the menu on your mobile phone you also have to call smart comm. and talk to a csr and have it activated before you can link it to paypal and have it verified, but of course you must have at least P200 load on your smart money and P10 credit on your mobile phone for unlocking and locking your smart money account.
  • always test smart money card in the supermarket or something to make sure it works (is activated) before trying paypal
  • My smart money card expired and I renewed it and linked it on paypal. Here\'s how to do it

<click here for link>
  • hi guys! one quick question... Will I be able to purchase items online (example: ebay) if my smart money card is already linked to paypal? Of course that\'s assuming I have the necessary balance :). My paypal is currently linked to my unionbank eon card which allows me to withdraw funds from paypal but I cant add funds to it. Thanks in advance!
  • but I cant add funds to it

normal yan. if all you do is buy on the internet, your paypal account can stay zero balance forever. basta nakalink ang debit card mo sa paypal and meron laman ang debit card mo, yan lang ang kailangan.

you can link either EON or Smart money to paypal. I think you can link 2 cards but i\'m not sure, maybe you need to designate which is the primary. But as long as it is linked you can buy online. Try it. mag donate ka ng $1 sa charity like wikipedia

<click here for link>
    try it and if meron error, post the error message here

-- edited by pcruztemp on Nov 13 2011, 08:27 AM
  • really sir? lemme try this one out and see if it work and automatically deduct my purchase from my debit card. :) tnx for the info. will post feedback as soon as I try it.
  • You will see there are already two options available: MySmartMoney and the name of your card. Finish!

bakit di ko makita yung mysmartmoney option?
  • how about globe gcash?
  • @khross

does your smart money card work in the local supermarket/restaurant?
  • Hello guys quick question lang: Kakakuha ko lang ng smart money card ko pero hinde ko pa na lo-loadan. Tanong ko lang pwede ba kong mag transfer ng funds through Automated Teller MAchine? Gamit ko e RCBC atm card sa RCBC na teller din pero pag pinipili ko yung Transfer from Savings acct to other banks e wala sa listahan yung BDO o Banco De Oro sa choices, hinde ba talaga sya posible?
  • Hello guys quick question lang: Kakakuha ko lang ng smart money card ko pero hinde ko pa na lo-loadan. Tanong ko lang pwede ba kong mag transfer ng funds through Automated Teller MAchine? Gamit ko e RCBC atm card sa RCBC na teller din pero pag pinipili ko yung Transfer from Savings acct to other banks e wala sa listahan yung BDO o Banco De Oro sa choices, hinde ba talaga sya posible?

basta ako ang ginagawa ko is go to banco de oro, fill up the orange form and give the form + cash to the teller. pwede din ata sa smart centers

not sure if there are other ways. ask ka sa smart center or RTFM
  • no trading on the forums
  • Sa case ko ilang beses ko na nagamit smart money sa paypal pangbili ng items sa ebay pero bigla na lang ayaw gumana last week. Tumawag na ko sa smart, hinde daw dapat talaga yun gumana.
  • Gamit kayo EON card tapos problema google nyo lang
  • Unionbank yan paypal suported nila EON card
  • Sa case ko ilang beses ko na nagamit smart money sa paypal pangbili ng items sa ebay pero bigla na lang ayaw gumana last week

check your smart money card in a restoraunt or a supermarket if its still working and has load. haven\'t used paypal since xmas

Tumawag na ko sa smart, hinde daw dapat talaga yun gumana.

yan din ang sabi sa akin years ago when I started using smart money with paypal. di ako naniwala noon
  • 40 Days na hindi pa dumadating item ko galing ebay huhuhuhu...
  • 40 Days na hindi pa dumadating item ko galing ebay huhuhuhu...

record ko is 2.5 months (free shipping from china), and ang unang unang nabili ko online (direct sa website ng reputable company sa USA) never arrived. but since then lahat naman dumating

I suggest you contact the ebay seller and paypal. Tell them what happened but that you are willing to wait up to say 60 days

-- edited by pcruztemp on Apr 30 2012, 08:06 PM
  • ask ko lang if ever na mag paypal to paypal transfer ako from pinas to US. using smart money ano max ko daily? and paano ang charges thanks.
  • afaik walang max and walang charges if paypal to paypal.

pero unless meron laman ang paypal account mo, hindi naman paypal to paypal ang gagawin mo kundi smart money to paypal to paypal. so ang bottleneck is smart money mo, kung ano ang max daily nya.

AFAIK max ng smart money is 50k but not sure. and as usual hindi ganoon kaganda ang exchange rate ng paypal so that might make it more or less expensive than other means of payment
  • Smart Money users can now conveniently pay parking fees by simply sending an SMS when they park in the country’s first cashless and automated street parking system.

<click here for link>
  • @ pcruztemp

pwede pa ba ung smart money sa paypal ngaun?
  • last used it ~ 2 months ago. so yes as of 2 months ago
  • any other way para magkaroon ng paypal account?
  • Good day!

May nakapaglink na ba ngayon ng Smart Money nila sa Paypal? Okay pa ba maglink ngayon?