Forum Topic

The PSU Thread: New Products and Reviews

• May Seasonic S12III 650w ako at APC BX625CI-MS 625VA, 230V ako.
    Need ko pa ba bumili ng Servo AVR at surge protector?
    Ano suggestion niyo na brand at specs na bilin ko?
  • @wakidiaz

Nagreplace na ko. Kaso nakatambak na lang yan sa bahay. Makakahoy pa ba yan?
  • @YohanSeals,
    Need ko pa ba bumili ng Servo AVR at surge protector?

No. Your APC UPS already has built in Surge protection and Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation.

Makakahoy pa ba yan?

Makakahoy, yes. Pero what for? Only ask someone who knows how to take the load off. May laman pa mga caps nyan and sobrang delikado if not done properly.
  • Seasonic Focus Gold 650FM vs Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 non modular

Ano mas maganda mga master?
  • ^
    Seasonic Focus Gold 650FM
    + 7 Years Warranty

-- edited by YohanSeals on Feb 11 2020, 01:30 PM
  • reposting to this thread..

i still have an FSP aurum s 650W (not the CM, so it's not the modular type), which is barely used. will this 7 year old PSU be able to support new builds?

<click here for link>
  • @pektus

same age as my Corsair HX650, which I use on weekends for heavy gaming haha
    specs: X99 i7-5820k, RX580, 16GB, 1x SSD, 1x HDD, 7x fans

pwede pa yan, just check the psu rails with HWINFO
  • @pektus

same age as my Corsair HX650, which I use on weekends for heavy gaming haha
    specs: X99 i7-5820k, RX580, 16GB, 1x SSD, 1x HDD, 7x fans

pwede pa yan, just check the psu rails with HWINFO

thanks @RaP

unti untiin ko mag build ulit ng rig hahahaha
  • which is better ?
    Coolermaster MWE 650W 80+ Bronze Power Supply (3,700.0)
    vs
    Seasonic S12III 650 (3,540.00)

here's my spces:
    intel g4560
    sapphire radeon rx480
    8gb ram
    APC BX625CI-MS 625VA

if may suggestion po kayo baka pwede pa comment na lang din po :)
    thanks
  • @johnny_rotten
    which is better ?
    Coolermaster MWE 650W 80+ Bronze Power Supply (3,700.0)
    vs
    Seasonic S12III 650 (3,540.00)

Seasonic S12III 650
    + 5 Years Warranty

Bias it is my PSU
  • @YohanSeals
    salamat Sir, No need na servo AVR pag ganyan PSU di ba ?
  • @johnny_rotten
    Not sure. In my case may UPS kasi ako and I will still but a surge protector.

-- edited by YohanSeals on Feb 13 2020, 06:33 PM
  • Sent my defective Corsair AX760i with 10 yrs warranty to Taiwan with a prepaid shipping label, free shipping hehe! Just waiting now for the new HX850i replacement discontinued na daw kasi AX760i.

-- edited by BCFreeman on Feb 13 2020, 10:49 PM
  • My desktop has a hard time powering on.

Whenever you press the power button, it won't turn on at once. You may need to hold it for 10, 20 seconds before it turns on. Or stop pressing it, wait for 10 seconds, try powering it on again in order for it to turn on.

Is this an issue with the PSU already? Since I use a Thermaltake 1200W Toughpower bought last 2007.
  • Napansin ko kapag naglalaro ako ng PUBG naglolong beep sound yung aking APC UPS na 625 VA / 325 Watts pero kapag other applications naman walang problem. PLDT Fibr adaptor at system unit lang naman nakaconnect ko dun.
    Eto specs ko
    • CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8C/16T 4.1ghz
    • MB | MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
    • GPU | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 570 Gaming 4G
    • RAM | GSkill Trident Z RGB 16gb 2x8gb 3200Mhz
    • SDD | Crucial MX200 250GB
    • HDD | Seagate Baraccuda 2x500GB
    • PSU | Seasonic S12III-650 80PLUS Bronz
    • ATX | Tecware Alpha TG White
  • @cstrike105

My desktop has a hard time powering on.

Whenever you press the power button, it won't turn on at once. You may need to hold it for 10, 20 seconds before it turns on. Or stop pressing it, wait for 10 seconds, try powering it on again in order for it to turn on.

Is this an issue with the PSU already? Since I use a Thermaltake 1200W Toughpower bought last 2007.

could be the board beneath the power button (case). pa diagnose mo muna sa technician.
  • @cstrike105

Try checking the power switch if it is dirty or the contact points have corroded. You might want to try spraying electrical contact cleaner underneath the power button, depress it a couple of times to work the cleaner in, then test again.

But assuming nothing is wrong with the power switch or the contact points are not dirty / corroded, double-check the Power Options settings in Windows:

Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Power Options >> System Settings

Make sure that "When I press the power button" it is set to shut down the PC and not go into sleep or hibernate mode. It might be you are setting the PC to sleep or hibernate and not shutting it down properly in Windows. So when you press the power button of your case, the PC tries to wake up from sleep or hibernate mode which can take a few minutes or fail altogether. Pressing the power button another time or depressing it for a long time will force the PC to do a cold boot and start from a powered-off state.

It also could be your PSU capacitors are not holding their charge anymore and when the PC is turned off for a long time, the PSU gets discharged. So pressing the power button takes a few seconds for the PC to startup because the PSU needs to energize the capacitors first. On some PSU's you can sometimes hear a single "tick" sound when the PSU is totally powered off or does not have enough charge. Not sure what causes it but might be some electromechanical relay or something... (just guessing).

You might want to consider replacing your PSU with a new one since it is more than 10 years old and the capacitors / components are probably working beyond their rated lifespan already.
  • @sleepygeepy
    Thank you
  • Question: Do you guys use an Automatic Voltage Regulator in your PC?
    If yes, why? If no, why?
  • Question: Do you guys use an Automatic Voltage Regulator in your PC?
    If yes, why? If no, why?

Gamit ko pa rin yung generic avr ko kasi di kaya ng UPS ko yung PSU ko. Waiting for my surge protector ext cord from Royu. Having an AVR is alot safer than direct plugin to outlet or ordinary ext cord.
  • @YohanSeals

Thank you
  • @sleepygeepy @YohanSeals
    I tried pressing a bit harder yesterday and it turns on at once. But if you don't press hard, it won't turn on at once. I guess the contacts between the switches have problems or somewhat needs to be cleaned.
  • @sleepygeepy @YohanSeals
    Just wanted to share how I fixed the issue.
    With the help of WD-40, I removed the cover of my CPUs front panel. Then since the Power button is just a tact switch, I pressed it and sprayed WD-40 on the switch as well as on some parts of the board it is connected. After waiting for some time. I tested it and its fine. Placed the cover back and it now works fine. I guess since I bought the CPU case last 2006, the switch needs to have its conductivity restored.

This solution then saved me a lot of money instead of buying a new PSU since my 1200W Thermaltake Toughpower bought last 2007 still serves me well.
  • ok ba yung thermaltake litepower 700W? rgb
  • FSP ko parang may prito pag bagung bukas mga 1 to 2 secs. Then working normal na sya. palitin na kaya?
  • @Phoenix11

yes, good entry level PSU (Tt 700w).

-- edited by leorickg on Feb 26 2020, 12:39 PM
  • Quick question lang guys, OK pa ba mag upgrade to Seasonic Prime 850W or meron ng mas bang for buck dito na comparable sa performance? Nahihiya na kasi ako sa PC ko gamit ko pa rin Corsair TX650 na 12 years na. siya na lang kasi hindi na a-upgrade. Kasabay pa niya CPU dati core2duo E6600. baka kasi kailangan ko na rin mag OC ng i7-6700K pag nakabili ng high-end Videocard.
    Thanks in advance.
  • ^

12 years, tibay ng PSU mo! Agreed din na for your peace of mind baka okay na din na palitan na. IMO medyo overkill lang yung 850w, another quality 650w PSU would be more than enough. Although if you're gonna keep it for another 10 years... Overkill could be the way to go

-- edited by DaMobsta on Apr 25 2020, 08:05 PM
  • Hi guys, nag fail na ba psu ko? I’m using EVGA supernova 650 g2
    Nag shutdown ako ng pc kaso hindi nag turn off ung unit. Ginawa ko ay unplug sa socket. Tapos nung iopen ko na ayaw na mag power on.

Ginawa ko na rin ung PSU test na kasama sa evga. Connected lang sa psu ay led strips + 24 pin tester. Gumana ung led strips at umikot ung fan ng psu. Kapag sa board naman connected ung 24pin dii na umiikot ung fan ng psu and wala rin ilaw sa led strip.
  • ^ Mobo mo po yan. Reset mo muna yung CMOS then try again. Madalas mangyari yan kapag nag-overheat yung pc mo which is typical kapag summer. If ayaw pa rin, reset CMOS, re-seat rams, then try again.