Forum Topic

The PSU Thread: New Products and Reviews

• I just got this MSI MPG A750GF from the recent 9.9 sale for only 3.6k.

I didn't really need a new PSU, but I think an 80+ gold, fully modular PSU at that price was too good of a deal to pass up. I've read some reviews at mukhang okay naman siya. It's even listed under tier A on LTT forum's PSU tier list. It's also backed by a 10-year warranty.

First time ko rin makagamit ng modular PSU. Ang laki ng nilinis ng cables sa likod ng case at hindi na rin siya mahirap isara. Definitely worth it sa presyo niya and may 2k worth of freebies pa galing kay MSI. This is the best purchase I've made in a while.

-- edited by zenekiel on Sep 13 2021, 03:28 PM
  • ^that's a steal, I have the same and I got it for 5.9K
  • @fakuryu

CWT ang OEM pero DC-DC LLC topology, TL:DR internals are okay, so depende sa price it is a decent PSU. Its ugly though. Personally dagdag nalang ako 500php and I'd rather get:

psu, Seasonic GC-550W Gold
    psu, Cooler Master MWEv2 550W Gold

Got it, parang ang ganda kasi ng advertising saka nung 6 yrs warranty hehe.. Got it though around 3.3k @ peeceeh@b. Thanks!

Next time. Tanong muna bago bili haha

-- edited by spiralstaircase2003 on Sep 13 2021, 10:50 AM
  • if you like the 6 years warranty, seasonic alam ko 10 years 10 years. :P
  • if you like the 6 years warranty, seasonic alam ko 10 years 10 years. :P

At that time din kasi ang daming out of stock parang yun nlng din nakikita best option.

Bawi nlng next time hahaha. It does the job naman lol
  • guys ano po masasabi niyo sa Super Flower LEGION Gold GX 650W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular as of now nasa 3.5k siya sa Superflower Store sa Lazada.

as of now naka EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold ako at balak ko i-lipat sa PC ng father since failing na ang AcBel PSU sa unit niya.

-- edited by Bringer24 on Sep 15 2021, 02:20 PM
  • Corsair always my go to PSU. sobrang reliable, backed up with awesome CS.
  • guys ano po masasabi niyo sa Super Flower LEGION Gold GX 650W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular as of now nasa 3.5k siya sa Superflower Store sa Lazada.

Buy it. Just make sure to find out kung sino ang local distro so that you would know who to send it to just in case you get a lemon.. One of the best psu manufacturers ang Super Flower. Mind you, they make their own psu just like Seasonic, CWT, etc. and typically score highly sa mga psu reviews even from way back.
  • @Bringer24

guys ano po masasabi niyo sa Super Flower LEGION Gold GX 650W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular as of now nasa 3.5k siya sa Superflower Store sa Lazada.
    as of now naka EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold ako at balak ko i-lipat sa PC ng father since failing na ang AcBel PSU sa unit niya.

Super Flower generally makes excellent PSUs, for 3.5K no brainer na pero wala ata local distro Super Flower sa atin.
  • @Fakuryu

Super Flower generally makes excellent PSUs, for 3.5K no brainer na pero wala ata local distro Super Flower sa atin.

meron na ulit distro ang Super Flower dito sa atin, Fine Upgrades ang name ng distro located sila sa CEBU
  • ask lang if 550 watts ang psu kakayanin ba ng 500 watts na avr?thanks
  • dumating na yung Super Flower Legion GX Pro 650w 80+ Gold nabili ko for 3.5k sa Recent 15-17 Lazada Sale

• Recently bought MSI MPG A750GF for 3.8k

Very affordable for a 750watts, 80+ gold and a fully modular power supply which can also help improve my cable management in building my PC.

I also love how they gave 10 years warranty and a lot of rewards came with the product as well like the steam wallet and SM voucher.
  • 7 years ba talaga warranty ng FSP psu's locally?
  • @Solnex

Recently bought MSI MPG A750GF for 3.8k

Very affordable for a 750watts, 80+ gold and a fully modular power supply which can also help improve my cable management in building my PC.

I also love how they gave 10 years warranty and a lot of rewards came with the product as well like the steam wallet and SM voucher.

San mo nabili ito sir?

@JDG

7 years ba talaga warranty ng FSP psu's locally?

ang alam ko depende sa model may model may model sila 10 years warranty gaya ng FSP Hydro G Pro, may model din sila may 5 years warranty gaya ng FSP Hyper K

-- edited by Bringer24 on Oct 14 2021, 08:30 PM
  • Hee... naka bookmarked ako dito sa thread na ito for several years na... There is this TPC member here who have deep knowledge with PSUs.. Medyo hirap i back read(hanapin ko pag may time), those post are like 7 years ago, one of his highly recommended PSU brand are Seasonic. During that time Electron, PowerMax and other Generic PSU lang ginagamit ko.

I took his advise from his post, and purchased Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze...
    Unboxing Experience: I was very impressed with my unbox experience with it. I comes with small freebies like Velco, Zip Ties and bunch of screws... The PSU comes in a custom fit na foam so the unit is securely protected in the box.

Performance: The S12II-520 comes with a bunch of protection features (see the website for those details) which lacks with the generic PSUs. Through out the years, I noticed a big difference such as... minimal BSOD and HDD problems compared using the generic PSUs. Power fluctuation rarely happens in my area, but there was one time it happened... My system didn't rebooted while my wife's system shuts down -- Backstory: Wala stock ng Seasonic nong nasira ang PSU ng system ng wife ko so, I settled for a Corsair VS550 .

Warranty:
    The S12II-520 comes with a 5 year warranty... And eventually it died on me 1 month before the warranty expires. So contacting support was not so bad of an experience. After some minor troubleshooting via email, they provided me the contact info of our the local distributor and was advised that they will be replacing it (RMA). JT Photoworld was one of the local distributor and its located in Manila. So my RMA experience with them was a pleasant one. Need lang ng original receipt and original box, then they replaced it with new PSU with the same model.

With my personal experience with Seasonic, I eventually I upgraded to Seasonic Focus+ FX650 Gold and it has a 10 year warranty LOL.

A year ago, my 15 year old son got hook up with online games (Valorant & CS:Go) and binox-out na nya ako doon sa PC ko LOL. So its his PC now. Right now I am slowly build my own PC again. Since supportado ko naman ang pag lalaro ng anak ko, I upgraded his system (dati ko system) -- I added SSD, added 8G RAM and upgraded his processor from i3 4790 to i5 4990.

Ako naman bumili ng I purchased a used motherboard and temporary ginamit yung I3 4790. Buti nalang may nag kalat na RAM dito and ginamit ko yung Seasonic S12II-520 na RMA ko. Actually I am doing an upgrade at the moment. From i3 4790 to i7 4790, added 8G ram and parating na yung binili ko ASUS Z97-A. Nagiisip rin ako bumili pa nga isa pang PSU... I am thinking getting another Seasonic na 750 Watts soon since I have plans of getting a high end GPU next year (Siguro hanap ako second hand na GTX 2000/3000 series).

Overall I highly recommend Seasonic PSUs because of its warranty and performance. After some years I realized sa kunting price difference, internal component have minimized its problems and having a good PSU is an investment. The last generic/no brand PSU was used in my home was with my wife PC -- and looking back now, her system had problems caused her two 1TB HDD to go bad and death motherboard... When we have the mobo replaced, wala kami makita Seasonic yun and pasarado ang Gilmore yun, kaya Corsair VS550. I am checking the picture of the receipt now of my Seasonic S12II-520... I got it for Php 2620.00 way back 2015 from PCHub. Back then it was pricey compare with the other 500-600 watts PSU brands. The Corsair VS550 was also a good PSU, mura sya ng P200 sa pag katanda ko but 3 years warranty lang and ndi ko pa first hand na experience mag pa RMA with Corsair. :D

Anyone have a good experience with their PSU warranty and performance? Share nyo rin...
  • Guys. Seeking your help. May Corsair SF750 PSU kasi ako kaso bitin ung CPU at 24-pin motherboard. May masuggest ba kayo na quality cable extension na applicable kay SF750?

Tinitingnan ko ung Cooler Master na almost 2k php kaso I am not sure about compatibility.

Thanks in advance.
  • Corsair HX850w Plat or Seasonic Prime GX 850w Gold? 10 years din ba local warranty ng Corsair locally? Btw this will be powering a 6900XT and R9 5900X. Nabasa ko kasi sa psu tier list may issue and Seasonic Prime's sa 6900XT/3090.
  • i had hx620w before and seasonic platinum 1,200w. The platinum version gave out in 3 years without any warnings and was replaced by seasonic prime 1,300w for free despite me losing the receipt. I was not gaming so much with the platinum as I was busy with work. The prime is 2 years in, is less used in gaming as I am at my busiest, and is still okay although it is still too early to tell. If I purchase the next time around, i will get a corsair hx which I had zero problems. The hx620hx lasted me 6.5 years before I sold it.
  • Nabasa ko kasi sa psu tier list may issue and Seasonic Prime's sa 6900XT/3090.

ano daw issue ng prime? sa 3090 at 6900xt lang? si sir odellot eh naka 3090 at platinum (or prime?) dati na psu pagkakaalam ko eh.
  • MSI MPG A650GF
    <click here for link>
    This is my first time using a fully modular power supply, and I must say this is one of the best decisions I have ever made :) routing cables have never been this easy with my past power supply units. This particular MPG series from MSI is also recommended for "high end systems" which makes me more confident in using it. One of the best upgrades I ever had :)

slowly transitioning to a white pc build :))
  • forgot what page na pero di na daw talaga Seasonic gumawa ng SIII series?

ok pa ba FSP brand? will use on a 1650+3300 psu+ 16gb ram 10 hours per day po ( work&games)

thanks masters
  • forgot what page na pero di na daw talaga Seasonic gumawa ng SIII series?
    ok pa ba FSP brand? will use on a 1650+3300 psu+ 16gb ram 10 hours per day po ( work&games)
    thanks masters

Super Flower - Seasonic - FSP - top brands for PSUs...
  • @gr8guy

forgot what page na pero di na daw talaga Seasonic gumawa ng SIII series?

Just sa S12III, RSY (Shenzhen Ruishengyuan Technology) ang gumawa, nag outsource sila.

Okay pa naman ang FSP pero para sa mga PSU na 3K ang below, CoolerMaster MWEv2 (white or bronze) ang the best choice dahil sa LLC topology at DC-DC regulation. On the top of my head; walang pantapat ang Corsair, Seasonic, BeQuiet, EVGA budget options sa MWEv2, pinakamalapit na ang FSP HV Pro pero mas maganda parin mag MWEv2.
  • ^ as always, thank you for the informative feedback sir Fakuryu, cheers!
  • Okay pa naman ang FSP pero para sa mga PSU na 3K ang below, CoolerMaster MWEv2 (white or bronze) ang the best choice dahil sa LLC topology at DC-DC regulation.

Now I know. Thanks sir Carlo!!
  • PSU TIER Hierarchy 2021 List
    Can anyone share their sources for their PSU TIER listing? TIA!

-- edited by marts on Dec 12 2021, 06:02 PM
  • Don't forget to add FSP Hydro K 500W in the mix, a step higher than FSP HV Pro. Running my Ryzen 5 1600AF @ 4GHz + MSI B450 Mortar Max + Sapphire RX580, 3x140mm fans, 2x120mm RGB fans, 2x120mm CPU fans, nVME, SSD, classic HDD for more than 10 hours per day everyday for more than a year.

Okay pa naman ang FSP pero para sa mga PSU na 3K ang below, CoolerMaster MWEv2 (white or bronze) ang the best choice dahil sa LLC topology at DC-DC regulation. On the top of my head; walang pantapat ang Corsair, Seasonic, BeQuiet, EVGA budget options sa MWEv2, pinakamalapit na ang FSP HV Pro pero mas maganda parin mag MWEv2.

-- edited by ricomambo on Dec 12 2021, 07:56 PM
  • @marts

Can anyone share their sources for their PSU TIER listing? TIA!

Since wala nang Jonnyguru, I check out yung LTT PSU list with a drum full of salt, then naghahanap ako reputable review about a unit (hopefully may teardown para makita components na ginamit) I'm interested in then make my conclusion from there. Or sometimes if I'm lucky (before the pandemic may easy access ako sa mga PC hardware sa ilang shops) I get to play around with it and even test it.
  • https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Supplanting the discontinued LTT PSU list.