• Halftime:

Philippines 66-12 Myanmar

-- edited by SlikGuy23 on May 12 2017, 08:03 PM
  • Final Score:

Philippines 147-40 Myanmar

Tomorrow will be against Singapore

-- edited by SlikGuy23 on May 12 2017, 08:48 PM
  • ano say nyo sa line up ngayon ng gilas kaya ba mag fiba world
  • ^ Para sakin Lassiter instead of Maliksi, Lee instead of Romeo, Belo instead of Almazan. The rest ok na.
  • sa fiba asia ba pwede pa ulet sila mag palit ng mga player?
  • ^ Para sakin Lassiter instead of Maliksi, Lee instead of Romeo, Belo instead of Almazan. The rest ok na.

I agree on this. Mas ok sana si Marcio, ang tanong lang papayagan kaya siya ng San Mig.
    Di ba ginanap dito FibaQT. May ubo daw ang putang *na..

Pagktapos ng torneo. PBA start agad eh naglaro agad siya. Putang in*ang yan.... Nagdadahilan lang..
  • Eto napagusapan lang din sa amin.. Medyo nagtalo pa kami hahah.

So itong katatapos na FIBA SEABA.
    Si Art Dela Cruz pinili siya, pero sa kasamaang palad eh na injury siya. GRABENG INJURY. ACL.... :(

Ngayon ang tanong... In these kinds of scenarios, who is held responsible for the EXPENSES of the REHABILITATION for the injury?
    The player is NOT playing for its mother team but then GOT INJURED..
    I am not sure if their contracts have clauses that if they are playing for the pride of the country then whatever happens the mother team will still shoulder any EXPENSES.

Sa tingin ko iyan ang isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit di naglalaro ang ibang PBA Player. sa tingin ko lang naman.
    PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.
    Nun FIBAQT si Fajardo may Injury daw, Si Tenorio may injury din, Si Marcio may UBO..

Sympre basketball is a business. kung ang player mo or sa mata ng mga team owners, ang investment nila ay nasaktan, sympre masakit sa kanila yun, dahil nasaktan yung mga players nila na hindi naglalaro para sa team nila...
  • ganyan dilemma ng maraming teams na nagpapadala sa olympics, worlds etc. since under contract pa ang mga star players nila and nainjure while playing internationally kawalan yun ng investment.

kaya mga nba players can only play golf during the off-season para iwas injury ehehe
  • Who wants to watch Fiba 3x3?

Up Next is Philippines vs France

link here:

<click here for link>

Enjoy! :)
  • Ang ganda ng teamwork ng France.
    Puros one on one ang play ng Pinas. Bawi sana tayo sa next game! Puso!
  • May injury ba si Kobe Paras? bakit hindi siya pinapasok sa Jones Cup?
  • Kulafu - AFAIK, wala injury si Kobe Paras, ayaw lang masyado iexposed ni Chot yung bata. Siguro iniisip nya, ma-scout agad ng other teams.
  • ^

Sabagay, kaso paano naman mabibuild yung chemistry nila niyan kung hindi palalaruin.

Pinasok siya kagabi pero 1 minute na lang.
  • ^erratic kasi laro ni Paras, medyo gigil pa at hindi pa kabisado yung system ni coach chot. tsaka siyempre gusto din natin manalo kaya mas pinasok ni chot yung mas beteranong players.

baka next games kapag mahina kalaban, mas madami siyang playing time

• di ba maglalaro si blatche or kahit si douthit?

-- edited by megasyxx on Jul 26 2017, 04:16 AM
  • security issue daw si Blatche... Nah...
    Maglalaro yan if Price is right, mas malaki malamang ang kinikinita niya talaga sa CBA.
  • ano kaya rason nitong si blatche hmm.. sayang naman okay na sana kung sya e ..
    standhardinger hindi ako bilib sa laro nito compare kay blatche .. medyo hindi din consistent shooting .. fajardo japeth dapat asahan dito :3

mas okay pa ravena kesa pogoy or jalalon e -_-
  • sympre pinakamagaling si Blatche sa options natin sa naturalized player.
    Hindi naman nba caliber si Standdubidubidapdap.. sadyang masipag lang talaga kaya ayos din.
  • eh si big daddy douthit? nag retire na ba?
  • matanda na yata si douthit, sayang si blatche may tira pa naman sa labas
  • security issue daw si Blatche... Nah...
    Maglalaro yan if Price is right, mas malaki malamang ang kinikinita niya talaga sa CBA.

yan ang nakikita kong problema sa naturalization, baket pa isa isa..
    dapat 2 talaga naturalized player para may 1 backup..
    tas si Douthit ni hindi na magamit or makatulong sa team after na hindi na siya kursunada ng Coach.. dapat may commitment pa rin yang mga naturalized players para tumulong sa National team kahit tapos na yung stint nila
  • Marcus Douthit sees no need for naturalized players in Gilas' future with rise of young stars

IF there’s one guy who has seen the growth and the development of the Gilas Pilipinas program, it’s Marcus Douthit.

And from what he saw during the national team training on Thursday, 'Kuya Marcus' was more than pleased with the progress.

The 37-year-old naturalized big man was back in town last week and dropped by Thursday's practice at the Meralco Gym just to see old faces and give out his support to the program which made him a household name in the country.

Now playing in the Thailand professional league, Douthit marveled at how time flies – particularly with the growth of several players like Kiefer Ravena and Ray Parks.

It wasn’t too long ago when the pair were probably two of the youngest players in the lineup when Douthit suited up for the Southeast Asian Games in 2013 in Myanmar and in the 2015 edition in Singapore.

Now Ravena and Parks are expected to lead the young bunch into battle in Malaysia and that fact alone makes Douthit feel ‘older’ than usual.

“I feel old! Naw, it feels good. We're getting older, Kiefer's 23, Ray's 24. And as they get older, they get more experience. As they head to the PBA, they already are kinda like vets because playing for the national team, you earn your stripe. There's harder competition in the international game,” said Douthit, who can’t wait to see the two in action in the PBA.

“When they go to the PBA already, they are going to make the leap. After waiting and waiting and waiting for Ray and Kiefer to join, finally the wait is over. I'm excited for them and the rest of the guys. I kinda look forward to see them play for the home crowd. They tried internationally and, obviously, home is here. I'm excited to see him in the PBA and see what he can do to become one of the top players in the league,” he added.

One major difference from his time to now is the involvement of different players in the program.

Back then, it was a struggle to form a real ‘pool’ for the national team, with them getting just enough players to complete the roster.

Now, Gilas head coach Chot Reyes has a whole lot of players to choose from, with the cadet program and the PBA players working together with several other call-ups.

For Douthit, that’s a major step in the right direction for the Philippines.

“It's great to see to see this many players practicing. Back in my time, we were like 10 to 12 guys. Now, there's like 20 of them ready to play. They're still playing with their teams as well. It's great to see that their committed to play for the country,” he continued, while also saying that with the type of program now, the Philippines might not need a naturalized player in the future.

“I'm excited to see the new Gilas pool because at the end of the day, the young guys before have become the vets and now we got young kids, seven-footers and their just 16. As far as like getting naturalized players, we could shy away from that soon.”

Despite playing, and staying, elsewhere Douthit guaranteed everyone that his heart is always with the Philippines no matter where basketball leads him.

He might not be a Filipino by blood, but because of basketball, he will always be “Kuya” Marcus to the national team.

“You know every time I’m on Twitter or I’m online, or I’m looking for a newspaper, or anything, I’m talking to Jimmy (Alapag) there’s always an urge to see how the guys are doing, you know the next tournament coming up, follow them, watching them,” said Douthit.

“There’s always an urge and my heart is always here ‘til I die.”

Source: Spin.ph

<click here for link>
  • FIBA Asia Cup na. Very first game is against the tall Chinese team without Yi Lian Jian and Zhou Qi. Our team is without Andray Blatche and Junemar Fajardo who travelled with the team. Tough tournament, but our new players who is in roster will learn a lot from this tounament.
  • Junemar Fajardo is injured with calf strain according to SMB management and need to rest for 2 weeks.

Although i'm an avid SMB supporter, nakapagtataka lang talaga yung timing ng "injury" nya, he played well against TNT last Wednesday, he was even named as the Best Player of the Game, then against Star Hotshot they sit him out coz of "injury" in which they lose the game. The same case with Marcio Lassiter previously, biglang nagka "injury" din kaya di rin nakasama sa line up ng Gilas.

When you look at it, SMB is gunning for the 2nd Grand Slam in the PBA, and they can't afford to lose Fajardo, malaking bagay kasi sya sa kampanya nila. Kaya minsan nakakainis isipin na nagdadamot na naman ang SMC ng mga players nila.

Nakakaawa lang ay si Junemar, kasi sya ang naba-bash, and for me, I think mas malaki ang kinalaman ng management dito, Junemar is just a paid athlete at kailangang sundin ang utos ng nakatataas...nanghihinayang nga ako kasi if di makakalaro si Blatche which means magkakaroon ng mahabang playing time si Junemar and we can see how he will fare against the other tall Asian team.
  • Kasama na pala sa Fiba Asia ang Australia at New Zealand.Humirap lalo
  • umabot lang sila sa semis masaya nako. dalawang malakas na team pa dumagdag yikes!