Forum Topic

TPC HeadFi Group (No Trading, mention of Seller/Shop Name)

• @ csdeathtrap

Buy and keep both, simple as that:)
  • tinanong ko yung forza audio works kung pwedeng bawasan pa yung 0.5m na cable na target ko pwede naman daw pero same prize pa rin :-/

ano yung MK2 cable?
  • @majingotan

mahirap ipaliwanag kay kumander na meron akong 2 headphone sasabihin lang nun ibenta mo na ung 1.lol
    to her all headphones are the same.
    that is why i dont want to buy kahit cheapo na gaming headphone sasabihin nya gamitin ko ung he400i ko for gaming.lol

now dilemma ko anong portable amp ang babagay sa he400i na hindi chord mojo ang brand.
    now im leaning on objective2 by jdm meron pa sana kay itlugan ung standard.
  • Post deleted #11596165
  • Post deleted #11596167
  • Post deleted #11596168
  • Done making JDS Labs DIYs.

CmoyBB, bumili talaga ako ng Altoid Mint for the enclosure.

O2 headphone amp, wait ko pa yung inorder kong enclosure.

Planning to buy Sony MDR-7506.
    -- edited by smooth_jacko on Feb 08 2016, 10:30 AM

-- edited by smooth_jacko on Feb 08 2016, 10:34 AM
  • Planning to buy Sony MDR-7506

Nice choice sir. Familiar ako sa sound signature nila dahil nakikinig ako sa mga recording studio (home studio) noon. They sound a lot like my AKG K712 except for soundstage and bass quality: Sony 7506 has a really deep bass that sounds like it's coming out of a well made subwoofer and I even consider the tonality deep bass much better and accurate than my K712. Baka lang ma-turn off ka sa upper midrange brightness kung hindi ka sanay sa brighter than neutral sound though at least in my ears.

-- edited by majingotan on Feb 08 2016, 11:15 AM
  • ^
    @majingotan, thanks sa input Sir. Yan din kase suggestion sa akin ng friend ko working as post production engineer sa GMA.
  • Yep: Very famous sa recording studio iyan all over the world:

Check out Yeng na suot suot niya yung headphone habang nag-rerecord ng album:

• ^ Uy oo nga noh. And he said this is one of the oldest model ng Sony hp since the 80s that is still in production today. Decided na talaga ako dito, ito talaga yung masasabi mong bang-for-the-buck na headphone.
  • ojay_c on February 07, 2016 06:50 PM #
    mga paps..

pa-feedback naman po ng KEF M500

TIA!

+1, may nagbebenta kasi dito sa amin for 10K...
  • @jacko - I also built (and sold) a few cmoyBB's a few years ago c/o the parts I sourced from various vendors (JDS Labs and Mouser). Made a few tweaks myself (used Schottky diodes instead of regular ones, reduced the overall resistance on the gain stage to reduce Johnson noise, used mil-spec resistors, gain is around 3 - 4). You can also use Newman's Own tins instead of Altoids, mejo matigas lang ng konti pag magbutas ;)

• ^Sennheiser HD238 ba yang nasa 2nd pic? I also own that open ear headphone, ganda ng sounds with adequate bass.
  • HD239, yung slight update nila

One of the more bang-for-the-buck headphones around. Ginagamit ko for commute din ito para marinig ko yung nasa labas ;)

Easy to drive naman sya without an amp, pero I amp pag naglalakad sa Ayala for work hehehe
  • Nai-intriga ako sa USB DAC/Amp na 'to. :3

Encore mDSD by Sonic Unity

Final Thoughts

I remarked previously on the AudioEngine D3 review that I was pleasantly surprised by how USB DAC/AMP sticks performed and at $149 I thought it was reasonably good value for money. Well the mDSD just killed that notion at $99. It is probably the best value stick out there now for codec handling and sound quality. I really like being able to stick this little guy in a laptop or mobile phone and start playing my DSD128 and DSD256 tracks without a hitch. It is amazing how far DSD decoding has come down in price.

The inclusion of the ESS 9010K2M, normally reserved for good quality portable DAC’s is a good move here. Badly worked chips of this kind sound thin, unforgiving with lower treble glare. This one doesn’t. It’s a neutral sounding signature with a touch of low end warmth, a sold bass response and clean and clear vocal presence. Most importantly that treble performance is good without any accompanying irritating peaks.

Power and control is also equally impressive. Noise is absent on highly sensitive IEMs and there is enough power for most mid-tier and modern planars to sound excellent and in the case of planars pretty good for the price. The Ether C hates thin signatures and this isn’t one of them.

If you are in the marketplace for a quick audio upgrade on your PC or mobile phone sound then get the D3 instead of the mDSD. The mDSD is anything but ‘quick’, it’s too good to be defined as quick, it is a serious upgrade.

Technical Specifications:
    - 32-bit/384kHz PCM and native DSD 256 decoding
    - Discrete USB audio receiver and D/A converter
    - Asynchronous transfer mode for doubled jitter-reduction at data input and over-sampling filter stages
    - High-performance headphone amplifier
    - Optical output (shared with 3.5mm headphone out) capable of S/PDIF and DoP stream
    - USB powered, no external power supply required
    - Diminutive size measuring just 2 – 3/8? x 1 – 3/16? x 3/8?
    - Works with Android (4.1 & above with OTG), iOS (with camera adapter USB cable), Windows 7/8/10, and Mac.
    - Available in silver or black finish

Price: $99 with aluminium case and $69 without case.

Headfonics review: <click here for link>

Indiegogo Project: <click here for link>

Gusto ko kunin yung 2 Encore mDSD para US$130 lang. :3
  • +1, may nagbebenta kasi dito sa amin for 10K...
    thank you paps. hindi ba mainit sa tenga since on-ear?

pa-suggest naman po dito sa 3

KEF M500
    SENNHEISER MOMENTUM
    SONY MDR-X10

salamat po

-- edited by ojay_c on Feb 09 2016, 08:17 PM
  • @Shinjoyokatsu

Nice build. I enjoyed making this CmoyBB and has nice result.
  • Just tried a minor experiment, that is, using a 1/4" adapter, I plugged my FlipEars CIEMs into my desktop amplifier (Lake People G109A).

A few notes first:

(i) I am not hearing any hiss. Mas malakas pa yung microphonics ng Fiio cable when I move my head around.
    (ii) Since the jumper inside the G109A is already set to high gain, the max sound level I can endure without making myself deaf is at 9 o'clock.

Now to the listening impressions:

All I can say is...holy [bleep]! And I thought I was already pushing the envelope with the Chord Mojo, power wise. Currently listening through the Rage Against The Machine album (yup, the original album, not the remastered cr*p. @riddler, you now have my ears when it comes to everything RATM. Hahaha! :3). Sumasakit ulo ko sa sobrang kapal ng guitar riffs ni Tom Morello and yung hampas nung bass drum. Not that the FlipEars are muddy (well..they become muddy when I compare them directly against the HE-400i); it's just that I feel the drivers are being pushed to their very limits. The sensation feels as if my ear canals are shuddering; last time I felt that was when I auditioned a well-worn HD600 with an ALO Audio RxMk3-B amp with the knob set to max, wherein the dynamic drivers were actually shaking.

This is where i truly appreciate how my FlipEars are tuned: since the high frequencies are smoothed out, di masyadong shrill yung hampas nung cymbals. Yes, I can still hear them but they're just in the background, where they should be. And then that signature Tom Morello guitar growl...buhay na buhay with them CIEMs. It's as if I've got an actual stage monitor (wedgie) right in front of my ears. Rawr! :3
  • impression of dita after a week using medium tip
    - there is cohesiveness now
    - sound sig is so natural, wala talaga siyang wow factor
    - bass quantity and quality is good, but lacks weight (even using small tip)

pairing with
    - mojo - amplified lang ang power
    - g109a - added punch on bass
    - e12a - i do not like this pairing

dita vs k3003(based from memory) - i like the k3003 highs better
    dita vs re400 - i like the mids of re400 more, mas my wow factor for me
    dita vs ie8 - no contest dita thrashed the senn phone

value for money? for a 40k phone, depends on your sound sig preference, but imho, there are better alternatives, heck i prefer my 3k re400 sometimes
    i still think that my worth pa din purchase na to, for it will compliment jh angie (haven't heard angie, but based on reviews it is a fun sounding iem)

-- edited by frozen_zen on Feb 09 2016, 12:39 AM
  • @frozen_ren

Isipin mo na lang bro, may G109A ka. You'll be able to 'maximize' its performance due to the full bodied sound of the Dita with that amp. Good thing you're not just stuck with that and the E12A. :3 Contrary to popular thinking, the Mojo won't make a so-so earphone/headphone sound great; the earphone/headphone has to sound good already for you to appreciate what the Mojo brings to the table.

Pero kung ako tatanungin, any earphone/headphone can sound neutral and still give you them goosebumps. Baka lang talagang the sound signature isn't your cup of tea?

P.S. Once you've experienced a fun sounding earphone/headphone and you've figured it doesn't violate your senses, there's no going back. Trust me on that: ever since I've owned the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10, lagi kong hinahanap-hanap yung extra weight on the lower frequencies. Yes, my go-to sound signature is the Westone house sound. But it is anything but bland. Consider yourself warned. Hihihi :3 Looking forward to your JH Angie! :)
  • sayang talaga ang tf10 na yan. i tried it once pero di ko nagustuhan ang itsura niya since parang may tornilyo ka sa tenga.. but still a legendary phone.

agree bro, walang voodoo si mojo ;)

haha, open for exploration til makita ang preference ko :)
    bdw, galing ng ciem mo, parati kang sinusurprise, gusto ko din ng ganyan, aha moment;)

-- edited by frozen_zen on Feb 09 2016, 03:55 AM
  • @frozen_ren

I don't know if this is a common trend among custom IEMs (fellow CIEM owners/users, please help me on this), but I find my own CIEM scaling rather well with better audio gears. From my humble LG G3, to the DX90, then to the CL Duet, then to the Chord Mojo, and eventually to the G109A, there's a perceivable jump in performance in each step. In hindsight, paying for "only" Php15k for a pair seems to be a bargain buy considering the gear I've owned/auditioned these couple of years. I can't wait to see if FlipEars still has anything up its sleeve (say, a five- or six-driver CIEM). As far as I am concerned, though, the triple-BA-driver FlipEars can hold itself mighty well with the best IEMs currently available in the market. :3

Once you've received your JH Angies, you'll understand where I am coming from. Hahaha! :3
  • ...or you could also get the Rosie's. ;)
  • don't know if this is a common trend among custom IEMs (fellow CIEM owners/users, please help me on this), but I find my own CIEM scaling rather well with better audio gears.

I have a UM Miracle (6 driver CIEM) but unfortunately I cannot comment on "scaling" because I only use it with my old but reliable Cowon J3 and my laptop with a Realtek chipset (which has surprisingly good sound). One of these days I might pass by the "itlugan" and see how it sounds with whatever sources are available for audition there. I'm just a casual audio listener so I have very little investment in audiophilia (aside from the Miracle, my only other audio equipment is a Westone 4).
  • @Peorth

Let us know Sir how your visit to itlugan turns out. :) IMHO, the UM Miracle is no slouch; it was among the first CIEMs who were present in the greater-than-three-BA-CIEM big bang that jumpstarted the CIEM arms race that has no signs of abating anytime soon.
  • Yup, will do so if I get the opportunity. BTW I got the Miracle as part of the UM Phils launch promo, so it was 20% off. I didn't really have any intention of getting a CIEM then but the discount was too good to pass up, so I just took the plunge. It's an excellent IEM, but somewhere in the future I'd like to get another CIEM, or maybe even a headphone.
  • Guys your thoughts on Hifiman RE600 vs RHA 750i and RHA T10i please..

I'm a bit of a basshead, I like a controlled and deep extending bass with a nice impact. I don't want them to be interfering with mids and highs though... Also I get headaches from sibilant headphones/earphones so I like mine just as sparkly and not that sibilant.. Mids is also important, I don't want them recessed.

I came from JBL Synchros S700, I like the overall presentation, but its not so portable compared to IEM's

Also I like to use mine without a DAC. Source would be coming from my iphone 6s, mostly from spotify (set to high quality streaming).

-- edited by kramnod on Feb 09 2016, 10:14 PM
  • ^ Have you considered the ATH-IM70?
  • @kramnod

A Westone UM3x/UM30 Pro, perhaps? Hifiman earphones/headphones are known to have crystal clear highs that may sound a tad too sibilant for most people. No idea how the RHA earphones sound, though.

The ATH-IM70, as @ronnel0918 mentioned, is also a good option for the price but it doesn't dig that deep in the lower frequencies, despite having dual dynamic drivers. Another option would be the ATH-IM02, if you can find a used pair since its SRP is just way too expensive.