Forum Topic

TPC HeadFi Group (No Trading, mention of Seller/Shop Name)

• @TowersCrumbleHerosDie

Bro di yan off-topic dito. Anything audio-related pwede i-post dito, AFAIK. Haha :)

Re: balanced vs. unbalanced, ala pa akong experience with balanced in/out :(

@kabutix

Grats pafs! :D
  • saan nagkaiba ang ATH-IM70 at SHURE SE215 in terms of sound quality?

SE215 - Neutral
    ATH-IM70 - Fun sounding. Warm and smooth sound signature

-- edited by officeboy20 on Jan 19 2017, 05:03 PM
  • Natanggal ung filter ng Im50 ko. San kaya nakakabili ng replacement? TIA
  • Nasan kaya problema sa tv ba o sa headphone ko. Low end lang Sony MDR-XD200 headphones connected to Sony KLV-48R552C LEDTV. Malakas naman volume kapag local channels pinapanood pero kapag nanood ako movie from USB sobra hina tunog kahit mga size 1.5gb movies. Malakas rin volume kapag nanood ako ng Youtube sa tv.
  • ^ Obviously the audio volume of the video file itself is too low.
  • @Jai

Okies sir. Here it is.

For sharing: My transducers. Obviously for different applications.

Gusto ko kasi sana ikabit yung Marantz HD-DAC1 ko (acts as pre-amp to my main hifi) with RCA outputs papunta sa balanced headphone amp (1st option is HDVA 600). Di ko lang alam kung anong may compromisation ba by electrical design kung unbalanced in (RCA), tapos balanced out sa headphone ang datingan. oh well, gotta do more research then :D

-- edited by TowersCrumbleHerosDie on Jan 19 2017, 11:49 PM
  • For those who availed the HD6xx, MD will send out a 6-ft cable for no additional charge. The HD6xx package came with only 4-ft cable as opposed to the advertised 6-ft length :)
  • @awakeruze
    kung ganun pala sir almost 98% siguro pala ng "downloadable movies" divx to 1080p quality lahat mahina audio? lahat kasi ng movies ko mahina. i have more than 2000 movies.. same sa pinanggalingan ng movies ng iba din dito na nagdo-download.
  • malaki ba difference ng ATH-IM70 sa ATH E40 anong sound sig ng dalawa ?

about naman sa Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4 kamusta sound quality nya kung icocompare sa im70 at e40?

-- edited by xTrix on Jan 20 2017, 10:00 AM
  • kung ganun pala sir almost 98% siguro pala ng "downloadable movies" divx to 1080p quality lahat mahina audio? lahat kasi ng movies ko mahina. i have more than 2000 movies.. same sa pinanggalingan ng movies ng iba din dito na nagdo-download.

Gawin mo i-downmix mo sa 2.0 channel with compressed DR using Hand Brake. Lalalakas na ang mga volume niyan pero you lose surround. Kung meron kang software na nakakacompress ng DR sa 5.1 audio, perfect solution iyon.
  • @ TowersCrumbleHerosDie

Anong speakers po iya sir?

Nice DAC BTW sir.

-- edited by majingotan on Jan 20 2017, 10:06 AM
  • @TowersCrumbleHerosDie

That setup and those HPs look very, very familiar..hahaha :3 welcome to the TPC head-fi thread pafs! :D

BTW, how much does the Marantz cost? It's a DAC/amp combo already, right?

@Ripantnow

Sir bawal po discussion ng piracy dito. This thread might get locked by the powers-that-be.

@d3rrick

Grats! At least may spare cable ka pang-balanced termination. Hehehe :D
  • @xTrix

Re: ATH-IM70 and ATH-E40, mas trip ko tuning ng E40 (a bit lesser bass, more full midrange). Problem is masyadong mahal presyuhan sa Manila. In SG and Jakarta, nasa ~4k lang (give or take a couple hundred of pesos) ang SRP. I think dyan nasa Php7k. I don't understand bakit ganun kataas ang nilaki ng premium.

Haven't heard the PM4, unfortunately.
  • @jaibautista
    yes sir kaya medyo careful ako sa wordings ko. "movie downloadable" medyo tagal na rin kasi ako curious kahit dun sa luma ko tv mahina rin sound.
  • about naman sa Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4 kamusta sound quality nya kung icocompare sa im70 at e40?

Neutral to brightish ang sound signature ni PM4

• The defective HD650 has been replaced. Hopefully, my friend will have the time to get it sent to the PH by next week. ^_^
  • guysm baka may interested, saw it in Lazada, international price is like 2500 to 3k, but 600 lang sya. good reviews online din

http://www.lazada.com.ph/jbl-t300a-on-ear-headphones-black-3720745.html

please delete if bawal
  • @xTrix

malaki ba difference ng ATH-IM70 sa ATH E40 anong sound sig ng dalawa ?

The IM70 is a fun sounding v-shaped IEM, yung E40 almost has the same signature but it is a bit more refined and smoother sounding bordering balanced armature na. Basically the IM70 is a bit more musical while the E40 is a bit more detailed.

I compared it with my ATH IM03 last Nov Hi-Fi show, it may not be as good as my triple balanced armature IEM, it compares favorably well given the price

Now the E50 on the other for a single BA is a wow
  • Post deleted #11854927
  • Has anyone tried the VE Zen 2.0 earbuds here? Is it good? Any local sellers for it?
  • @officeboy20
    @jaibautista
    @fakuryu
    salamat po sa feedback

sa itlugan lang po ba merong ath?
    wala po bang malapit sa may ayala?
    pa.pm na lang po kung meron

-- edited by xTrix on Jan 21 2017, 09:19 PM
  • Had a great time again today visiting audio shops in Jakarta (Jaben STC and Analog Head)! :3

Some thoughts (please understand that my sound signature preference is a mix of musical/reference):

(1) The Beyerdynamic DT150 only proves that a well-designed and well-engineered headphone stands the test of time. I tried searching the Internetzz when this product was first released (the period I'm getting is mid- to late-1960s); who would've thought, more than 40-50 years after its release, that it'll still sound great when properly driven?

(2) If you're looking at purchasing the Beyerdynamic DT770, ask yourself the following queries (which will help you decide which particular model to get):
    (2.a) Do I already have a headphone amplifier at home? (If so, get the 250 ohm version)
    (2.b) Do I plan to use this with my smartphone? (If so, get the 32 ohm version; if you're looking for the limited edition, you might want to start looking in eBay or buy a ticket for Japan and check Akihabara)
    (2.c) Do I value bass above everything else? (If so, get either the 32 ohm or 80 ohm version)
    (2.d) Do I value mids and highs above everything else (no question, get the 250 ohm version. There's something 'unnatural' about the midrange of the 32/80 ohm versions, as if there's a very thin of cloth between your ears and the performer)

(3) I don't have golden ears and couldn't discern any significant difference among Php150, Php4k, and Php9.5k RCA-to-RCA cables. :'(

(4) Mahirap mahalin ang tunog ng MrSpeakers Ether C (pre-flow). I couldn't imagine purchasing one at 50% off its SRP, much less at full SRP. #OpenHPMasterRace

(5) Usually, once you've stepped outside the mid-fi purgatory and head towards the foot of TOTL/summit-fi gear, you don't look back; rather, you continue the arduous, if not painstaking, climb to the top. Trying finally the Woo Audio WA3 (an OTL full tube amp), first with the Sennheiser HD650 and then with the Audio Technica ATH-R70x, made me realize that I am indeed lucky to have stumbled upon these mid-fi HPs, so much so that I am going to save up for the WA3 to pair with these HPs.

(6) If I were to rank all the 'aspirational/money-is-not-an-issue' HPs I've demoed, here's how I'll do it (from the best to least best):
    (6.a) Dynamic driver HPs: Focal Utopia, AKG K812, Sennheiser HD800/S, Beyerdynamic T1 V1/V2
    (6.b) Planar magnetic driver HPs: Kennerton Odin, MrSpeakers Ether O Flow , HifiMan HE-1k V1, Audeze LCD-3, MrSpeakers Ether O, Fostex TH-900, LCD-X, MrSpeakers Ether C

(7) Good try Audeze with the iSine 10. If only the ergonomics worked for my ears.

• ^ Jai

That's the sound of TUBES. I became a tube fanatic upon hearing a tube amp play music hehe! #tubemasterrace

Only thing I don't like is burning through my 5692 tubes that costs 5-6K PHP a pop.
  • Natanggal ung filter ng Im50 ko. San kaya nakakabili ng replacement? TIA

alisin mo na rin yung filter ng kabila para pantay :)
  • Ganyan na ung ginawa ko sir nung natanggal isa. Worry ko lang madali mapasukan ng dust open na open ksi

-- edited by nokia6100 on Jan 23 2017, 12:56 AM
  • Ganyan na ung ginawa ko sir nung natanggal isa. Worry ko lang madali mapasukan ng dust open na open ksi

-- edited by nokia6100 on Jan 23 2017, 12:56 AM

Lagyan mo na lang ng bulak. Same as filter na rin. And it improves the top end. :)
  • @majingotan

Ouch. Usually how many hours ang rated useful life ng isang tube? Isa rin yan sa mga considerations ko kaya stop-and-go ako regarding my decision to purchase a tube amp. Tapos ambigat pa. Hahaha :3
  • @jai - re: DT 770 - From what I've read the sound sig of the 32 ohm version and the Limited Edition are actually the same. Beyer didn't offer a 32 ohm version until the Limited Edition. When they stopped it's production (because it's limited. Hehe!) they decided to release the 32 ohm version. So the difference between a regular 32 ohm and a Limited Edition is the badge on the earcups.
  • Mga sir newbie question lang po. Ano ba mas maganda kunin sa mga to. i wanted a clear a crisp sound gamit ko lang kasi na player is phone.

fiio x3 2gen
    sony walkman nw -a35

tsaka kung ano ung pang beginner na dac na pwede ipartner sa mga to. salamat po.
  • @BlackSG5

Thanks bro for that nugget of info!

Sabi sa akin sa shop iba raw ang driver na ginamit for the 32 ohm version compared to the 80 ohm and 250 ohm versions. To my ears, iba nga ang tunog (if you're just starting out sa hobby you might like the sound but if you've tried/owned lots of headphones already you'd notice na medyo 'off' yung sound, hence my note on the rather veiled midrange akin to having a thin piece of cloth between the listener and the performer).

I was initially hoping to purchase a DT770 and add that to my collection of HPs (yep, you'll never stop with just one pair, right? Hahahaha :3) pero nung nasubukan ko yung Audio Technica R70x, those plans were dropped. I tried listening to the DT770 again (all three versions) in the hopes of rekindling the flame. Kaso inabutan ako nung staff member ng DT150, ayun na-itsapwera na naman yung plans for the DT770; am actually thinking of getting a DT150, even if soooooobrang luma na nung pair na binebenta sa akin (the foam in the earpads have already collapsed).

That said...I am thinking of getting first the WA3 tube amp. Kung may extra pa before I go home to Manila by August, I'll definitely get the DT150. :D

Thanks ulit sa heads-up re: the DT770 32 ohm! :D

@bobbsit1

I'd personally choose the A35 since (1) it's newer and (2) I feel it offers more value for its asking price (kahit mas mahal siya compared sa X3 2nd gen).

Lahat po ng DAPs may DAC, otherwise wala tayong maririnig na tunog.

Ano pong gamit niyong earphone/headphone? Bakit kailangan niyo po ng separate DAC than what's found in the A35? Or do you mean a separate portable amplifier?