Forum Topic

Negative Effects of Piracy (Software, Applications, Games)

• Susuportahan ng mga tao ang pamimirata dahil sa mahal ng mga orihinal!
    In this age and time... pati mga developer susportahan ang mga pirata or give their games away for free why? Look at the mine crap (Pun intended) that was sold for 2 Billion dollars and the Yucky bird... which averages 50K$ a day!. Besides this is the age of gamers where before yung mga nerd, kanto boys, or couch potatoes lang naglalaro... ngayon gamers of all ages and all walks of life na ang andito... now... saan ang negative effects? Was I prophetic? No... I only used good analysis.
  • kanto boy, ouch >.>
  • kanto boy, ouch >.>
    Ngayon meron ng lola, lolo, beautiful people from all walks of life... playing a F2P (free to play game) and many of them are playing COC. One of the most successful, if not the most successful game ever. Millions of dollars per day revenue. Even Microsoft took notice and is now giving away their new windows 10 (without support)... You now only purchase a license for 24/7/365 day support.
  • Emcel, sino yung mga game developer na sumusuporta sa piracy? Mga big ones ba yan o mga Indie tinutukoy mo?

At yung Free to play, ok yan.
    Paano ba sila nageearn ng revenue?

-- edited by northface on Apr 16 2015, 07:22 AM
  • Emcel, sino yung mga game developer na sumusuporta sa piracy? Mga big ones ba yan o mga Indie tinutukoy mo?

At yung Free to play, ok yan.
    Paano ba sila nageearn ng revenue?

Sample si Mine crap (minecraft)...

A good read why developers are abandoning the console type of gaming...
    <click here for link>
  • http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/1sgdgj/how_do_i_protect_my_game_against_piracy/

Nice comment

I just find that piracy, and piracy prevention, are issues that small startups don\'t need to worry about. You want your game in as many hands as possible.

A nice read
    <click here for link>
  • what is the real problem?
    obscurity is a much larger problem than piracy. always has been, always will be.

From here

<click here for link>

From the same url

I am pretty sure this is how I found Torchlight. I was hearing all sorts of great things about Torchlight, and most of it from word of mouth from folks here and elsewhere, talking about how you could download it for free and there was a huge modding community behind it. Since then I\'ve bought Torchlight, and waited anxiously for Torchlight II, bought it after they released it.

Another game to add to my list of GoG purchases. I agree though, my biggest problem with games is that there are so many of them that are DRM\'d to death and I\'ve bought quite a few that I hated, so now I just buy off GoG or by word of mouth. Will need to look at Desura to see what they have.

Same as what happened to starcraft and warcraft series
  • DRM-free GOG Galaxy gaming service is almost ready to take on Steam, public beta goes live <click here for link>

• Negative what?
    <click here for link>

There's no doubt that this is as much a shrewd business move as it is a kind gesture. After all, it publicizes the game and builds up a player base that Darkwood wouldn't have obtained through sales alone. At the same time, though, it's also a reminder that the game key system has some endemic problems that hurt creators -- even those creators that have no problems giving away their work.

Analysis always trumps fear... san na ba yung tumatawa at nagagalit dati pag nagpost kami na priacy is good for developers?
  • Supercell is now valued at 2.XX Billion USD and that is a company giving it's games for free.
  • Piracy increases videogame sales, according to a report for the European Commission
    <click here for link>
  • ^tl;dr

you cant buy the thing if you dont have the money in the first place. of course the sales will not affect it, kung wala naman talaga pambayad yung tao, sa tingin mo ba kikita ka pa din? hindi.