Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Who’s on Your Side?

Today’s Scripture
    “...By this I know that you delight in me: my enemy will not shout in triumph over me...” (Psalm 41:11, ESV)

In today’s Scripture when David looked at where he was as the king and thought about all he had gone through to get there—King Saul trying to kill him, people betraying him, armies attacking him—he recognized that God was behind the scenes the whole time, not letting those enemies defeat him. It gave him a boldness for he knew the Lord was on his side.

All of us have some of these “by this I know” experiences. When you look back at how you survived that sickness, how you put yourself through college, how you broke that addiction, you realize it was only by the grace of God, and here you are. When you know the Lord is on your side, it gives you a boldness. You don’t fall apart when opposition comes.

Your attitude is, “You’re messing with the wrong person. I may look ordinary, but I have a secret: the Most High God is on my side.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the history I have with You and for every time You have not allowed the enemy to triumph over me. Thank You for all the times when You’ve shown me that You are at my side. By this I know that I will triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Faith and Honor

Today’s Scripture
    Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home." He could not do any miracles there…He was amazed at their lack of faith. (Mark 6:4–6, NIV)

Did you know that honor and faith work together? When Jesus walked the earth, the people in His own hometown couldn’t believe that He was the Son of God because they were too familiar with Him. They didn’t honor Him, which affected their ability to have faith in Him.

When you honor the Lord, when you respect and make room for Him in your life by following the Word of God, it impacts your faith in Him. Part of honoring the Lord is honoring the people He’s placed in your life. God works through people, and the Bible says that the way you treat others is the way you treat Him.

Choose to honor people and make room for the Lord to work in your life today. Look for the greatness in the people around you: your spouse, your children, your friends and family. Treat others with respect, knowing that God is building His character in you.

As you choose honor, you open the door for faith to grow. You’ll see God’s hand working in your life, and you will see His hand of blessing on everything you do!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, today I choose to honor You by honoring the people You have placed in my life. Show me how to love others the way You love me so that faith will grow stronger in my heart. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Live Christ’s Word Today

Gracious God, Jesus is calling me to a new beginning; to a fresh call to discipleship. You are asking me to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you. It was at my baptism that you claimed me as your child.

Today, I affirm that I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I surrender my will, my desires and my life to you, O God. I commit myself to your call to discipleship: to pray, study your Word, worship you, invite other people to a life of discipleship, encourage Christians in their life of faith, serve those in need, and give joyfully of the gifts that You first gave me.
    This I pray in Jesus’ name.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Today's Scripture -- James 4:11-17

"Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?"
  • Without Him

Today’s Scripture
    "…apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5, NIV)

The best decision of your life was to live your life with God at the center. That was the essential first step to living at your full potential. Now the key to experiencing an extraordinary life every day is to grow in your relationship with God. In this Scripture, Jesus talks about how life with God is like a vine and its branches. When a branch is connected to the vine, it receives nourishment and life. It’s able to produce fruit. In the same way, we have to stay connected to God so we can receive His strength and be empowered to accomplish all that He has for us. Jesus put it this way, “Without Me you can do nothing.”

So how do we stay connected? First, by acknowledging Him. By talking to Him. By reading and following His Word. See, when you acknowledge God, that’s a sign of humility. You’re saying, “God, I know You created the whole universe. You flung the stars into space. You tell every raindrop where to fall. I’m not here by accident. You breathed Your life into me. You made me in Your image. You crowned me with Your favor. God, I can’t do this without You. I can’t make it on my own. I need You in my life.” When you show that kind of dependency on God, there is nothing He won’t do for you. God will move heaven and earth to get you to where you’re supposed to be.”

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I choose to abide in You. I don’t want to live life on my own, so I choose to trust in You. Show me Your ways. Teach me Your love. Keep me close to You always in Jesus name. Amen."
  • Benediction

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 15:1-9 (ESV)

"You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:
    ‘This people honors me with their lips,
    but their heart is far from me;
    in vain do they worship me,
    teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”
  • Refuse To Worry!

Today’s Scripture
    "And who of you by worrying can add one hour to [the length of] his life?" (Matthew 6:27, AMP)

God doesn't want you to live worried and anxious about anything. He knows that worry is counterproductive. It steals your peace and joy and affects every area of your life, even your sleep!

Have you heard the saying, "Don't worry yourself sick?" Yes, worrying will actually make you physically ill. You won't ever gain anything by worrying, in fact it causes you to lose precious moments that you can never live again.

The good news is, God has promised to bring you victory over worry. When you make the choice to put an end to worry, God will give you His peace. Decide today to put an end to worry in your life. Don't feed worry by focusing on bad news all the time. Sure, we should be informed, but we should be most informed of the truth of the Word of God.

Choose today to feed your faith and fill your heart and mind with God's promises. Declare every day, "My God shall supply all my needs. He makes a way out of no way. He is a Restorer and Redeemer."

As you focus on God's Word, you'll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy. You'll be filled with hope and joy and move forward into the blessings God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "God, I am weary from worrying. Please help me to stop the soundtrack of needless worry that plays over and over again in my head. I want to place my fears and concerns in Your hands and live in peace knowing that You will fulfill all of your precious promises to me."
  • Prayer for Today: The Heart of a Child

Grant me this day, O God, the heart of a child,
    Pure and transparent as a spring;

A simple heart, which never harbors sorrows;
    A heart glorious in self-giving,
    tender in compassion;
    A heart faithful and generous,
    which will never forget any good
    or bear a grudge for any evil.

Make me a heart gentle and humble,
    loving without asking any return,
    large-hearted and undauntable,
    which no ingratitude can sour
    and no indifference can weary;
    a heart penetrated by the love of Jesus
    whose desire will only be satisfied in heaven.

Grant me, O Lord, the mind and heart of your dear Son.
    Amen.
    ~ translated from an old French prayer, ca. 1880

<click here for link>

Scripture Today: Matthew 15:10-20
    ** What Defiles a Person [1] **

And he called the people to him and said to them, “Hear and understand: It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Then the disciples came and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?” He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

But Peter said to him, “Explain the parable to us.”

And he said, “Are you also still without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”
  • The “I Don’t Understand It” File

Today’s Scripture
    “...Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own...”(Proverbs 3:5, MSG)

Sometimes it’s best to leave things alone. As long as you’re probing around your hurts and disappointments, trying to figure out why something happened, you’re never going to heal. You have to let it go and say, “God, I don’t understand it, but I’m not going to keep trying to figure it out. I know that You wouldn’t allow it if You couldn’t bring good out of it, so I’m going to leave it with You.”

We should have a file in our thinking called “I Don’t Understand It.” When things come up that don’t make sense and you can’t find an answer, instead of trying to figure it out, getting confused and frustrated, just put it in your “I Don’t Understand It” file and move forward. If you make the mistake of going through life trying to figure out why something bad happened, why something didn’t work out, why your prayer wasn’t answered, that’s going to poison your life.

A Prayer for Today
    Father, thank You that I can be free from trying to figure everything out on my own. I recognize that You wouldn’t allow it in my life if You couldn’t bring good out of it. I will place these matters in my “I Don’t Understand It” file and move forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
  • Prayer for Holiness of Conduct

Most holy and righteous God, by the promises made to us by Jesus Christ, I am so bold as to believe that I am among your chosen ones, holy and beloved by You. Give me I pray, and all of my brothers and sisters, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Grant that we may bear with one another and, if any of us has a complaint against another, forgive each other. As You have forgiven me, so may I also forgive.

And above all these, impel me to put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Let the peace of Christ rule in my heart, and in the church to which, indeed, we were called in one body.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 1:1-10 (ESV)

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse from the waters that were above the expanse. And it was so. And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.

And God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.” And it was so. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
  • It’s Under Your Feet

Today's Scripture
    For he “has put everything under his feet.” (1 Corinthians 15:27, NIV)

How we see our difficulties very often will determine whether or not we get out of them. When you face challenges and things come against you, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and start thinking, This is never going to work out. I’ll just have to learn to live with it.

That kind of thinking not only pushes you down, but it stops God from working. It’s going to attract fear, worry, and doubt. Many people settle for mediocrity. You have to change your perspective.

If you’re going to live in victory, you have to see every sickness, every obstacle, and every temptation as being under your feet. It’s no match for you. It’s not going to keep you from your destiny. It’s already defeated.

God is going to use it as a stepping stone to take you higher. It’s just a matter of time before you break through to a new level.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that Your Word says that You have put all things—every sickness, obstacle, and temptation—under my feet. Thank You that I don’t have to just learn to live with it or put up with it. I declare that all of these challenges are under my feet. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Benediction

And finally, may the grace of Christ our Savior, and the Father’s boundless love, with the Holy Spirit’s favor, rest upon me, and all of us, from above. Thus may we abide in union, with each other and the Lord, and possess, in sweet communion, joys which earth cannot afford.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Romans 8:18-25

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it."
  • Prayer of the Ancient Christians

I give you thanks Holy Father, for your holy name which you have caused to dwell in my heart, and for the knowledge and faith and immortality which you have made known to me through Jesus your servant; to you be the glory forever.

You, almighty Master, created all things for your name’s sake, and gave food and drink to men to enjoy, that they might give you thanks; but to me you have graciously given spiritual food and drink, and eternal life through your servant Jesus. Above all I give thanks because you are mighty; to you be the glory forever.

Remember your church, Lord, to deliver it from all evil and to make it perfect in your love; and gather it, the one that has been sanctified, from the four winds into your kingdom, which you have prepared for it; for yours is the glory forever.

May grace come, and may this world pass away. Hosanna to the God of David. If anyone is holy, let him come; if anyone is not, let him repent. Come, oh Lord!
    Amen.

(Translation of a prayer (in Greek) from @ 150 A.D.)

Scripture for Today: Matthew 15:10-20
    ** What Defiles a Person **

And he called the people to him and said to them, “Hear and understand: It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Then the disciples came and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?” He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

But Peter said to him, “Explain the parable to us.”

And he said, “Are you also still without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled*? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”
  • No Smell of Smoke

Today's Scripture
    They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them. (Daniel 3:27, NIV)

In the book of Daniel, when three Hebrew teenagers wouldn’t bow to the king’s golden idol, they were thrown into a fiery furnace. To just survive would have been a great miracle, but notice how today’s Scripture describes how God works. When He restores, there’s no sign of the fire you’ve been through—the trouble, the injustice, the bad break—not even the smell of smoke.

Isaiah 43:2 says, “When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned. The flames will not harm you.” We all go through the fire—things that are unfair, things we don’t understand. In the fire, you have to remind yourself, “These people are not going to harm me. This challenge is not going to keep me from my dreams. This sickness is not going to stop my purpose.”

You’re going to come out without the smell of smoke. Things are changing in your favor right now—healing, vindication, promotion, and breakthroughs are on the way.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your promise to be with me through the fire and flames. Even when life doesn’t make sense, I choose to trust in You and believe that You are working behind the scenes for my good. I believe I will come through without the smell of smoke. In Jesus’ Name, Amen”
  • Your Set Time

Today’s Scripture
    “...But you, LORD, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations. You will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favor to her; the appointed time has come...” (Psalm 102:12–13, NIV)

In the first eleven verses of Psalm 102, the psalmist goes into great detail listing all his troubles, telling how miserable he is. Just when you think he’s ready to give up, he wrote today’s Scripture. In the midst of his sad song, he recognized that God was still on the throne, and he knew there was a set time for favor in his future.
    God was saying to His people, “Don’t worry, things are about to change. You’ve come into your set time of favor. I will arise and have compassion.” In your set time of favor, God will step in against your enemies and scatter them. When He arises, sickness will be defeated, addictions will be broken, and lack, poverty, and struggle will come to an end. He’s going before you clearing the path where you couldn’t go before, pushing back the forces of darkness.

The enemies you’ve seen in the past you will see no more. It’s your set time for freedom, for wholeness.

A Prayer for Today
    Father, thank You that You are enthroned forever, and You have set this time of favor for me. Thank You that You are giving me power to do what I couldn’t do. I believe You are fighting my battles, preparing the way for me to step up to the next level. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
  • Content in Your Own Race

Today’s Scripture
    "…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…" (Hebrews 12:1-2, NKJV)

It’s easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us when we see someone who’s more talented, better looking or has more gifts. Instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes, we feel inferior and think, “I’ve got to catch up to them.” The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it’s a never-ending cycle.

There will always be someone ahead of us. But it’s a very freeing thing when you realize, “I’m not competing with you. I don’t have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself. I don’t have to keep up with my co-worker. I don’t have to be a certain size. I don’t have to have as many Christmas lights outside. No, I understand that I’m not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I’m going to be the best me that I can possibly be.”

Contentment is an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be and focus on running your own race, that’s when you’ll see things happen. That’s when you’ll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Stand Together in Service

Heavenly Father, make me an instrument of your grace. Weave my life together with the lives of all who confess the name of your Son, Jesus, into a holy garment to cover the world; let us be as bricks in a great lighthouse to guide the entire world to you, to your love and your forgiveness. Help us to overcome differences that come from our sinful nature, so that we may be welded together in a holy priesthood, standing as a testimony to purity, goodness, and forgiveness. Bless me and those who pray with me now, that although we cannot see or hear one another, we may be bonded in your Holy Spirit.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 1:11-19

And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.”

And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.

And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.” And it was so.

And God made the two great lights — the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night — and the stars. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness.

And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day.
  • Come to the Father

Today’s Scripture
    "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]." (Matthew 11:28 AMP)

Does your soul need refreshing today? You can come to the Father and find what you need. Are you facing challenges in your relationships? Finances? Career?

The Father wants to refresh you. He wants to give you rest. Think about that for a moment. What would cause you to rest? If you knew everything was going to work out for your good, you would stop worrying. You would rest! Even if things don’t work out the way you planned or on your timetable, you can trust that God will turn things around in your favor.

Come to the Father today with thanksgiving. Thank Him right now for taking your burdens and giving you peace. Thank Him for loving you and giving you new life. Thank Him for His faithfulness! Go out today with an attitude of expectancy. He always has a plan, and you can always come to Him!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I come to You now and give You my cares and burdens. I thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for giving me rest for my soul and peace in my heart today in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Morning

May all I do today begin with you, O Lord. Plant dreams and hopes within my soul and revive my tired spirit: be with me today. Be at my side and walk with me; be my support, that your hand may be seen in every action I take, that your goodness may be in every word I speak, and that your spirit may inhabit my every thought. Make my thoughts, my work, and my very life blessings for your kingdom. In Christ’s name I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 15:29-39
    ** Jesus Heals Crowds and Feeds 4,000 **

Jesus left there, walked along the shore of the lake of Galilee, then climbed the hill and sat down. And great crowds came to him, bringing with them people who were lame, crippled, blind, dumb and many others. They simply put them down at his feet and he healed them. The result was that the people were astonished at seeing dumb men speak, crippled men healed, lame men walking about and blind men having recovered their sight. And they praised the God of Israel.

But Jesus quietly called his disciples to him. “My heart goes out to this crowd,” he said. “They’ve stayed with me three days now and have no more food. I don’t want to send them home without anything or they will collapse on the way.”

“Where could we find enough food to feed such a crowd in this deserted spot?” said the disciples.

“How many loaves have you?” asked Jesus. “Seven, and a few small fish,” they replied.

Then Jesus told the crowd to sit down comfortably on the ground. And when he had taken the seven loaves and the fish into his hands, he broke them with a prayer of thanksgiving and gave them to the disciples to pass on to the people. Everybody ate and was satisfied, and they picked up seven baskets full of the pieces left over. Those who ate numbered four thousand men apart from women and children. Then Jesus sent the crowds home, boarded the boat and arrived at the district of Magadan.
  • A Mark of Honor

Today’s Scripture
    "It is an honor for a man to cease from strife…" (Proverbs 20:3, AMPC)

If we realized the destructive force that strife is, we would be more careful to not allow it into our relationships. It can creep into relationships by starting small, maybe through a comment or a wrong look from someone, and can then escalate into something much bigger. When we let our guard down and say things that are disrespectful, hurtful or demeaning, we’re not just damaging our relationship, we’re inviting the destructive spirit of strife into that relationship.

But when you choose to cease from strife and overlook an offense, you are acting honorably and honoring God. How do you avoid strife? The Bible tells us that love covers over many offenses. Love stops strife. It means that you give people the benefit of the doubt. You consider what they may be going through instead of focusing on how they reacted to you.

Maybe someone was short with you at the office, but they may have a loved one in the hospital. Instead of getting upset, walk in love—be patient and kind to them. Look for ways to walk in peace with the people in your life and put an end to strife!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your hand of victory in my life. Give me the wisdom and courage I need to walk away from strife so I can focus on the destiny You have prepared for me. I love You and bless You in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Work of This Day

Almighty God, thank you for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, in your praise.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 16:1-4
    ** The Pharisees and Sadducees Demand Signs **

And the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and to test him they asked him to show them a sign from heaven. He answered them, “When it is evening, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.’ And in the morning, ‘It will be stormy today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed.
  • Always Thank Him for Victory

Today’s Scripture
    "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ..." (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God promises to always lead us into victory? That means no matter what you are facing today, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is always on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Praise is putting action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party.

When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback, and you can plan for victory because He is leading and guiding you in Jesus’ name!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Teach Me to Love

Oh holy Christ, your life was perfect in constancy. You have never failed those who loved you, for your love is eternal, perfect and unfailing. You never change, never weaken, never vary. Teach me the steadfastness of your love, mighty Savior. Teach me your humility, your selflessness. Teach me to be a devoted servant.

Look with grace, I pray, on my small and tarnished loving; protect it, foster it, strengthen it, that my love may be less unworthy to be offered to you and to your children. O Light of the world, teach me how to love.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 1:20-25

And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”

And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day.

And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds — livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
  • Your Future isn't Defined by Your Past

Today’s Scripture
    "…If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31, NIV)

I heard somebody say, “Don’t let your heredity stop your destiny.” In other words, don’t let the way somebody treated you, or what they did or didn’t give you keep you from pressing forward and becoming all that God has created you to be.

The people who raised you may have had addictions, but that doesn’t have to be your future. You can be the one to break that negative cycle. Your parents may have had anger issues or never amounted to much, but you don’t have to keep letting that curse be passed from generation to generation.

You can be the one to say, “No more. This is a new day! I may have had an unfair past, but I’m not going to have an unfair future. I know God put a blessing on me before anybody could put a curse, and I’m not going to let my heredity stop my destiny.”

Today, know that God is for you! Seek Him with a humble heart and break free from the bondages of the past. When you choose to put Him first in your life, then nothing can stop your destiny!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for empowering me by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for giving me new life. I choose to let go of the past. I won’t let it define me, but I will let Your truth define me and lead me into victory in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • When Things Are Out of Control

Today’s Scripture
    "Good sense makes a man restrain his anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression or an offense." (Proverbs 19:11, AMPC)

Every day, we have opportunities to get upset, be frustrated or get offended. Maybe you had plans that didn’t work out, or someone was rude to you at the office. Maybe you were doing something that should have taken one hour, and it ended up taking three. Life is full of inconveniences, but even though we can’t always control our circumstances, we can control our reaction. I heard somebody say, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.”

We should always go out each day with a positive attitude, full of hope and expecting God’s favor. But at the same time, we should recognize that most days are not going to go exactly as we plan. Remember, we were created to live in peace. Peace is our position of power. If you get stressed because you got off schedule, or upset because your child wouldn’t eat his breakfast, or frustrated because somebody offended you, what you’re doing is giving away your power.

Instead, make the decision to release those offenses and disappointments so you can live in peace and enjoy the day as the blessing God prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, today I release every care, concern, offense and disappointment to You. I choose to keep the peace that You have given me. I look forward to today knowing that You are with me, leading me in victory in Jesus’ name! Amen."