Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• True Success

Today’s Scripture
    “...Freely you have received; freely give.”(Matthew 10:8, NIV)

There are a lot of people who are successful in this world. They’ve accomplished their goals in the public eye. But being successful isn’t just about what you make happen for yourself, it’s about what you make happen for others.

It’s when you realize, “God has blessed me not to just sit on my throne and let everybody see my accomplishments; God has blessed me to be a blessing to others. God has helped me to win so I can help somebody else win.”

In other words, it’s when you realize, “God helped me overcome this addiction, now I’m going to find somebody and help them overcome.” Or, “God has blessed me with a happy family. I’m going to go find a family who is struggling and help them get back on track.” That’s what being successful is really all about.

Today, look for ways to help others succeed. Reach back and give freely of the talents and abilities you’ve been given. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and live in the fullness of the blessing God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for giving me so much. Thank You for blessing me with talents and abilities and the desire to bless others. Show me ways to reach out and help others move forward and be successful so we can all rise higher together in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for Faith During this Day

Holy God, I am weak, and sometimes the way grows fearsome; for this world is filled with evil, hiding at every corner, ready to steal my precious joy in You, craving to destroy my soul. Help me to keep my faith today, through every trial and doubt I face. Stay close to me; Holy Spirit, abide in me and make your presence known in everything I see and do. Give me strength the whole day through, mighty God, in the name of Christ I pray,

Amen!
  • His Power at Work

Today’s Scripture
    “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”(Ephesians 3:20, NIV)

God is able to do more than you could ever ask or imagine!

But notice, this verse says it’s according to the power that is at work within you. How does God’s power work within you? His power works in you when you are walking in love.

It is at work in you when you choose to forgive those who have wronged you. God’s power is at work in you when you bow before Him with an open and humble heart. He is at work in you when you are serving others and putting their needs above your own.

Remember, God wants to move on your behalf. He loves to bless you! Choose today to let God’s power work in and through you by choosing to walk in love!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for choosing to bless me. I invite You to work in my life today. Show me how to walk in Your love so that Your power will flow through me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • I DECLARE that God is bringing about new seasons of growth. I will not get stagnant and hold on to the old. I will be open to change knowing that God has something better in front of me. New doors of opportunity, new relationships, and new levels of favor are in my future. This is my declaration.

Sometimes the very things that we fight against, the very things that we think are trying to pull us down, are actually the hand of God trying to push us into a new season. God will stir us out of comfortable situations and He'll put us in situations that make us stretch--situations that force us to use our faith. We may not like it. It may be uncomfortable. But God loves you too much to just leave you alone.

Just as God can supernaturally open doors, sometimes He may supernaturally close doors. Nothing happens by accident. God is directing each of your steps. That means if a friend does you wrong, if you go through a setback, if you lose a loved one, you can either embrace that change and God will use it to take you higher, or you can resist it and you'll end up becoming stagnant and settling for mediocrity.

Stay open for change. Don't approach change from a negative point of view. All change is not bad. It may be negative on the surface but remember, God would not allow it if He didn't have a purpose for it. He will use it to stretch you and to hopefully push you into a new dimension. You may be in a perfectly fine situation for years, but all of a sudden you will see a stirring taking place.

Maybe you thought you'd be in your job for another twenty years, but for some reason the people who were behind you are not behind you anymore. You don't have the favor you once had there. It seems like every day is an uphill battle. What is that? That's God stirring things up.

It's easy to become negative or bitter: "God, why is this happening? I thought I had Your favor." But a much better approach is to just stay open and know that God is still in control. If you will embrace that change, the winds that you thought would defeat you will actually push you to your divine destiny.

Maybe you are in a relationship, and deep down you know the person is not good for you. You know this individual is keeping you from being your best. But you may think, if I make a change I will be alone. You don't want to rock the boat. That's why sometimes God will turn the boat over. God may force you to move forward, not because He's mean, not because He's trying to make your life miserable, but because He has such a great desire to see you reach your full potential.

So at times He may cause a friend to walk away. He'll stir things up and may even allow a friend to do you wrong, because He knows if He doesn't close that door you will never move ahead. Thirty years later that person would still be dragging you down, keeping you from your destiny. God would not have stirred it up if He didn't have something better in store. Don't fight change; embrace it, and you will step into the fullness of what God has in store.

Don't approach change from a negative point of view.
  • Prayer for Physical Renewal

Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand. In you, all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul.

I am lost, but I am singing. You gave me life, and you also give me the gift of infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you’ve laid out for me. Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you’ve placed around me to help me get better. In your name I pray,

Amen.
  • Be Full of It

Today’s Scripture
    "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."(John 15:11, KJV)

Jesus came to give you joy and joy to the full! When your joy is full, it can be seen by others. Joy is supposed to be displayed. As believers, we should have a smile on our face and a spring in our step. We should be kind and friendly. We should be fun to be around. We should be full of His supernatural joy!

Have you allowed the pressures of life to push you down? Have you been more focused on your circumstances than on your God? If you’re not enjoying your life or relationships, it’s time to refocus and tap into the full joy within. It’s time to draw the line in the sand and say, “That’s it. I’m not going to live another day negative, discouraged, sour or grumpy. I’m going to put a smile on my face. I’m going to let my joy be seen so I can brighten somebody else’s day. I’m going to live my life happy and full of joy!”

Friend, when you take that step of faith and choose to trust God with your future, something changes on the inside. Your feelings will soon line up. Your faith will tap into His supernatural joy. And when you tap into joy, you tap into His strength and victory so you can live the full, abundant life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the gift of joy. Thank You for lavishing Your love and grace on me. Fill me with Your power, strength and virtue so that my joy will overflow and be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • I DECLARE I will speak only positive words of faith and victory over myself, my family, and my future. I will not use my words to describe the situation. I will use my words to change my situation. I will call in favor, good breaks, healing, and restoration. I will not talk to God about how big my problems are. I will talk to my problems about how big my God is. This is my declaration.

We need to pay attention to the things we say. I've known people who are always talking about how tired and run-down they are. They say it so much it's become a reality. The more you talk about negative things in your life the more you call them in. So if you wake up in the morning and feel tired and lethargic, instead of complaining, you need to declare: "I'm strong. I'm full of energy. God is renewing my strength. I can do what I need to do today."

A pastor was traveling a lot with his wife and they have been very busy visiting churches and his wife will say, "I am so tired. Look at my eyes. Can you see how red they are?" Her husband will say, "No, you look great. You look just as beautiful as ever." She knows her husband too well. "No, I don't," she'll say. "I know you. You just won't say it." She is right. The husband won't agree when she says she looks bad. He don't want to speak defeat. He want to speak victory. He often wonders what she would think if he ever said, "Oh yeah. You don't look good at all. You look so tired. Are you really wearing that?" He had to find a ride home! So, he stuck to talking with hope.

The more we talk about being tired the more tired we become. The more we talk about being depressed the more depressed we'll be. The more you talk about being overweight the more out of shape you will become. Switch over into victory. Don't talk about the way you are. Talk about the way you want to be.

There is a young lady who works as part of the staff at their church. She told the women's group that every morning before she leaves the house she looks in the mirror and says, "Girl, you are looking good today." The pastor saw her a while back and asked if she was still doing it. She said, "Yeah. In fact this morning, when I looked in that mirror I said, 'Girl, some days you look good but today you're looking really good.' "

I encourage you to be bold in the same way. Encourage yourself. Don't speak defeat over your life. Be bold and dare to say, "I look great today. I'm made in the image of Almighty God. I am strong and talented. I'm blessed. I am creative. I will have a productive day."

Encourage yourself. Don't speak defeat over your life.
  • Simple Prayer

God of love, my prayer is simple: Your son, Jesus, suffered and died for me. I know only that I cannot have real strength unless I rely on you. I cannot feel protected from my many weaknesses until I turn to you for forgiveness and your unalterable love. Help me to share this strength, protection and love with others.

Amen.
  • Garment of Praise

Today’s Scripture
    "And provide for those who grieve…a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

What are you wearing today? Not on your physical body, but what’s covering your mind and emotions? Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?"

If you’ve recently gone through a hurtful or disappointing situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve. It’s important to go through that process and release the hurt to God. But the Bible also says that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness or despair. He wants to exchange your hurt for His healing. He wants to fill you with His peace and joy.

Are the garments of yesterday holding you back and weighing you down? Maybe it’s time to exchange that heaviness for His garment of praise. Maybe it’s time to release those heavy burdens. It’s time to forgive those who have hurt you and begin to praise your way to victory!

Just start right now by thanking Him for the life you have today. Thank Him for the opportunities today has to offer. Thank Him for the beautiful sunrise. When you wear that garment of praise, you’ll stand strong and display His splendor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You asking that You take my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • I DECLARE I am special and extraordinary. I am not average! I have been custom-made. I am one of a kind. Of all the things God created, what He is the most proud of is me. I am His masterpiece, his most prized possession. I will keep my head held high, knowing I am a child of the most high God, made in his very image. This is my declaration.

Psychologists say our self-worth is often based upon what we believe the most important people in our lives think of us. For children most likely that would be their parents. For adults, that could still be a parent, a spouse, a friend, or a mentor.

The problem with this philosophy is that people can disappoint us. They can say things or do things that bring heartache and pain. If we're receiving our value only from those who hurt us, we'll likely feel less and less valuable over time. Sooner or later they will say something that cuts like a knife, or they will show by their actions that we're not really that important.

The key to really understanding and maintaining a true sense of value is to let your Heavenly Father be the most important person in your life. Base your sense of value on what He says about you.

When you make mistakes some may criticize and make you feel guilty, like you're all washed up. But God says, "I have mercy for every mistake. Get up and go again. Your future is brighter than your past."

Others may make you feel like you're not talented, you're not attractive, or you don't have anything special to offer. But God says, "You're amazing. You're beautiful. You're one of a kind."

People may disappoint you and reject you, even say things that can wound your spirit. If you're receiving your value and your worth only from them, you'll go through life feeling inferior, insecure, with little self-worth. But if you will learn to receive your value from your Heavenly Father and listen to what He says about you, then you'll feel accepted, approved, redeemed, forgiven, confident, and secure. You will feel extremely valuable and that's exactly the way God wants you to be.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "You are God's masterpiece." Do you realize a masterpiece is not mass-produced?

You didn't come off an assembly line. You're not average. You're not ordinary. You've been custom-made. You are one of a kind. God created you in His very own image. He looks past all those other things and He looks right at you and says, "There's my masterpiece. That's my son. That's my daughter. That's what brings the most joy to my heart."

Let your Heavenly Father be the most important person in your life.
  • Prayer for the Neglected

Almighty and most merciful God, I remember before you all poor and neglected persons whom it is so easy for me to forget: the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick, those who repel others by their appearance or personality, and all who have none to care for them. Help me to heal those who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow into joy. Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for our sake became poor, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Amen.
  • He Collects Your Tears

Today’s Scripture
    "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book."(Psalm 56:8, NLT)

Do you know how important you are to God? He cares so much about every detail of your life. He cares about your thoughts, feelings and emotions. In fact, what you are going through is so important to Him that He records every sorrow and collects the tears you’ve shed.

Why would God record your sorrows and collect your tears? Because everything that affects you matters to Him. He is your Vindicator. He’s keeping an account of every wrong that’s ever been done to you so that He can make up for every single one of them. He wants to restore to you everything that has ever been stolen. He wants to heal every hurt and pain.

Today, know that God cares about the things that concern you. He cares about the things that hurt you. He is close to the brokenhearted, and He wants to bring you peace and comfort. Turn to Him and receive His love. Let Him bring healing to your heart and restoration to your soul.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me and caring about the things that concern me. I choose to give You every hurt, pain and sorrow, knowing that You will make all things new in Your time in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • I DECLARE I am grateful for who God is in my life and for what He's done. I will not take for granted the people, the opportunities, and the favor He has blessed me with. I will look at what is right and not what is wrong. I will thank Him for what I have and not complain about what I don't have. I will see each day as a gift from God. My heart will overflow with praise and gratitude for all of His goodness. This is my declaration.

Whenever I talk to people who have had life-threatening experiences, whether from an illness, an accident, or some other challenge, without fail they talk about how they have come to appreciate each and every day more than ever before. They don't take a minute for granted. They see every day as a gift from God.

We have to realize that our lives could be gone in a moment. There are no guarantees that we will be here at this time next year. Learn to live each day to the fullest. Don't complain. Don't focus on what's wrong. Be grateful for the opportunity to experience each day.

Things may not be perfect. You may have some aches and pains. You may have some adversity. But in the big scope of things your life could be a whole lot worse. And really, you need to live every day like it could be your last.

I heard somebody say, "If you only had an hour to live, whom would you call? What would you say? And what are you waiting for?" Don't take for granted what God has already given you.

You may not realize it but we are living in the good old days. I'm convinced twenty or thirty years from now you will look back and say, "Those were some great times. I remember when I was just a young man. I remember when his brother still had some hair!" These are the good old days.

I used to play basketball with a young man, a strong athlete, who began having problems with one of his eyes. He went to the doctor and was told that he had a form of cancer that threatened his vision in the eye. As you can imagine he was devastated. He could not believe it. Then, he went in for surgery and his doctors found that he didn't have cancer. Instead, they found an unusual fungus, which they were able to remove. His vision was saved. When my friend woke up from the operation and heard the good news he said, "This is the greatest day of my life!"

Think about it. He didn't just win the lottery. He didn't just earn a big promotion. He didn't just buy a new home. He simply learned that he would continue to have the vision he'd always had.

He told me, "now every morning when I get up I look around on purpose. I stare at my children. I go outside and I look up at the leaves. I take time to pick up an acorn and I'll just stare at it." Because he almost lost his vision, seeing has now taken on a whole new meaning. He appreciates it in a much greater way.

You need to live every day like it could be your last.
  • Arise, Shine

Today’s Scripture
    “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.”(Isaiah 60:1, NIV)

Today, God wants to exceed your expectations! He has amazing things in store for you. He wants to take you places that you’ve never dreamed and do things in your life that you’ve never imagined. His glory is rising upon His people which means things are going to fall into place so that you can accomplish what He has placed in your heart. Even the hidden dreams that you’ve given up on, God has not given up on. He is going to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond all you could ask, think or imagine. Now is the time to arise and shine in Him.

Be aware, your mind may try to talk you out of it, but if you’ll listen with your heart, this truth will resonate on the inside of you. Don’t let discouragement hold you back or keep you down. Rise up every morning and declare, “Today is the day that the Lord has made.” Choose to rejoice in Him. Choose to expect His goodness. Choose to arise and shine and receive every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. Thank You for choosing me and for preparing a bright future for me. I will arise and shine. Let everything I do bring honor to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I will experience God's faithfulness. I will not worry. I will not doubt. I will keep my trust in Him, knowing that He will not fail me. I will give birth to every promise God put in my heart and I will become everything God created me to be. This is my declaration.

Every one of us has dreams and goals in our heart. There are promises that we are standing on. Maybe you are believing for a child to turn around, or believing to get healthy again, believing to start a business or to be in ministry. Deep down you know God has spoken that to your spirit. He has birthed it on the inside. But so often, because it's taking a long time and we've been through disappointments, we get negative and start thinking that it will not happen.

The reason many people don't see God's promises come to pass is because they become discouraged and give up too soon. But just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean God is not working. Just because it's taking a long time doesn't mean God ran out of options. Your mind is saying, It's over. Your emotions are saying, No way. The circumstances look impossible. That doesn't mean God won't do what He said. Just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean God is not working.

God is faithful to His word. All of His promises are "Yes" and "Amen." That means if you will do your part and believe even though it looks impossible, and not let your mind, your emotions, or other people talk you out of it, then God promises in due season and at the right time He will bring it to pass. It may not happen the way you expect it or on your timetable, but God is a faithful God. It will happen.

He will not let you down. That's what He said in Hebrews 13: "I will not in any way fail you or leave you without support. Therefore we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my Helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?' "

You need to let that sink down on the inside: "I will not fail you." God is saying, "Everything will work out. I'm in complete control. I know what the medical report says. I know what the financial situation looks like. I see the people who are coming against you. I know how big your dreams are. And hear me clearly; I will not fail you. I will not let you down. I will not let that problem overtake you. I will cause you to be the overcomer."

God is saying if we will keep our trust in Him, He will always make a way even though it looks like there is no way. He will give you strength for every battle, wisdom for every decision, peace that passes understanding. God will vindicate you for the wrongs that have been done. He will pay you back for unfair situations. He promised He will not only bring your dreams to pass but He will give you even the secret desires of your heart.

Dare to trust Him. Come back to that place of peace. Quit being worried, stressed out, wondering if it will happen. God has you in the palm of His hand. He has never once failed before, and the good news is He is not about to start now.

Just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean God is not working.
  • Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done.

Amen.
  • Joy in His Presence

Today’s Scripture
    “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”(Psalm 16:11, NIV)

God promises that joy is found in His presence, and if you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then His presence lives inside of you. That means you are full of joy!

Joy manifests when you focus your mind and heart on the Father and begin to praise Him. It doesn’t matter where you are or what’s going on around you, you can access the joy that’s inside of you at anytime, day or night.

Know this: God wants you to experience His supernatural joy and peace at all times. That’s why He chose to live inside of you and give you an endless supply. Don’t waste another minute feeling overburdened and discouraged. Let the joy of the Lord be your strength, and you will move forward in victory on the path of life He’s prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for an endless supply of joy. Today, I choose to cast my cares on You and give You the praise, glory and honor due Your name. Let joy flow through me so that I can be a witness of Your goodness to those around me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • I DECLARE Ephesians 3:20 over my life. God will do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I ask or think. Because I honor Him, His blessings will chase me down and overtake me. I will be in the right place at the right time. People will go out of their way to be good to me. I am surrounded by God's favor. This is my declaration.

A friend of mine, was working at home, refinishing a piece of furniture with an electric sander to remove the old stain. It was a tool she'd had for some time. It wasn't in that great of shape. As she was working, one of the main parts broke off and it wouldn't work anymore. So she put the sander and the broken part into a Lakewood Church bag that she'd just happened to have at home.
    She went up to the hardware store.

This gentleman came over to help her. She showed him the broken part and asked if he had it. He looked at her in the strangest way, almost like this glaze came his eyes and he said, "No, we don't have that part. We don't even carry that model." But he reached up on the shelf and got a brand-new, top-of-the-line sander and said, "Here, I want you to have this. It's our gift to you."

She had never even met the man, never seen him before. She was totally taken back. She said, "Are you sure you want to give this to me?"

He said, "Yes. I'm positive. Just go up to the counter and give them my number: 5-5-5."

So she went up to the counter almost in disbelief. There were three registers open.
    They had five or six people in each line. She stood at the back of the line. All of the sudden the lady working the register looked over and said, "Hey, lady. Come up here. I want to check you out right now."

She pointed at herself and said, "Do you mean me?"

She said, "Yes, I mean you, the highly favored woman."

She was kind of embarrassed. She didn't want to cut ahead of others, but the lady insisted, so she went up there and showed her the sander and said, "This man said he wanted to give this to me."
    She said, "Well, I don't know if he can do that. Who was he?"

"I don't know but he said his number was 5-5-5," she said.

She said, "Well, he can do whatever he wants. He's the regional manager."
    Just as she was about to leave she said to the lady, "By the way, why did you call me up in front of all these people?"

The lady said, "I saw your Church bag and I watch every Sunday. And I know anybody that goes to that Church has to be highly favored."

I believe that those who stay in faith are highly favored. You need to prepare for an exceeding, abundant, above-and-beyond life; a life where people go out of their way for no reason to be good to you; a life where you get promoted even though you weren't the most qualified; a life where you find yourself in the right place at the right time.

When you walk in God's favor, His blessings will chase you down and overtake you.