Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Run Your Race

Today’s Scripture
    "…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…" (Hebrews 12:1-2, NKJV)

It’s easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us. When we see someone who’s more talented, better looking or has more gifts, instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes we feel inferior and think, “I’ve got to catch up to them.” The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it’s a never-ending cycle.

There will always be someone ahead of us. But it’s a very freeing thing when you realize, “I’m not competing with you. I don’t have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself. I don’t have to keep up with my co-worker. I don’t have to be a certain size. No, I understand that I’m not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I’m going to be the best me that I can possibly be.”

Friend, that’s an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be, that’s when you’ll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,
    I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.
    Amen!

~Lynn Robinson
  • Prayer to Live in Sympathy with Others

Blessed Lord Jesus, who wept with Mary and Martha when their brother Lazarus had died, may I ever take your love and sympathy for humanity into my heart. As Paul prayed in Romans, “May I rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep.”

Soften my heart towards all, heavenly Lord, my enemies and my friends, my family and those who offend me. May I see the humanity of all my fellow men, rather than their sinfulness, and replace the fist of criticism with the opens arms of Christian love. By your grace, Lord Christ, I dare to ask your help in overcoming my hard heart,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture Today: Matthew 5:20-26

“For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. . . .
  • You Are Priceless

Today’s Scripture
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…" (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

A few years ago, I was having dinner with some people in their home. I noticed some paintings on the wall. To me, they weren’t very impressive. In fact, some of them looked like they had been painted by a child. They were abstract and modern, and it appeared like paint had been just thrown here and there. But later that evening, the owner mentioned how he had paid over a million dollars for just one of those paintings. I looked at it again and thought, “Wow! That is beautiful, isn’t it?”

I found out it was an original that was painted by the famous artist Pablo Picasso. What dawned on me that night was not so much what the painting looked like, but rather who the artist was. A painting gets its value from its creator.

In the same way, your value doesn’t come from what you look like, what you do or who you know. You are a masterpiece! Your value comes from the fact that Almighty God created you. You are priceless!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for creating me and instilling value in me. I receive Your love for me. I receive Your strength and power to be all that You’ve called me to be in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • For Those Who Have Died, and Those Who Mourn

Almighty God, Father of all mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal graciously, I pray you, with those who mourn, that casting every care upon you, they may know the consolation of your love and the safety of those who have departed this life in the faith and fear of Christ.

And look after all such souls, I pray, (and especially _______________), that they may be reunited with their loved ones when Christ gathers the faithful to him. In the hope and faith of the resurrection, I give all of my confidence to you and you only, oh mighty God, that you will bring all of your saints to rest, where there is neither sickness, nor sorrow, nor sighing, but life and joy everlasting.

Amen.
  • The Land of Hope

Today’s Scripture
    “...my flesh also will dwell in hope.” (Acts 2:26, ESV)

Where are you dwelling in your heart today? In other words, what are you expecting to happen in your life? What kind of attitude do you have? If your thoughts are stuck and you’re focused on what’s wrong or what’s not working, then it’s time to make a move! It’s time to pack up your belongings and move out of the land of discouragement. It’s time to move out of the “Not-going-to-happen” subdivision and move out of “Can’t-do-it-ville.” It’s time to pack your bags and move into the land of hope, faith and expectation!

Every time you catch a negative thought--instead, dwell on God’s promises, it’s like you are packing your bags. Every time you declare God’s faithfulness, you are taking a step in the right direction. The Bible says that those who hope in the Lord will never be put to shame. As you turn your focus toward Him, you are dwelling in the Land of Hope—a land where His peace, blessing and victory reside.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. Thank You for taking me to the land of hope! I choose to set my mind on You, knowing that You are faithful. I release the past and invite You to fill me with Your peace, blessing and victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for Goodness (based on Psalm 1)

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of your law, so that we might know our sin, and your Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short: Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and let me never replace the truth which you have put into my heart with the clever words of men. Through Christ I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Today's Scripture: Matthew 5:21-26

. . . So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
  • Just Ask

Today’s Scripture
    "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7, NIV)

Is there an area of your life that you need God’s help in? A lot of times, it’s easy to think that we’re not supposed to ask for too much, but the Scripture encourages us to go to God with all our needs. He longs to give you the desires of your heart and pour out His favor and blessing on you.

In fact, the apostle James said, “You have not because you do not ask” (James 4:2). When you step out and ask for God’s favor, His blessings and His increase, you are activating your faith. And when you pray, ask Him to search your heart and mind. See if there is any unforgiveness that is blocking your prayers and affecting your relationship with Him. The other person may have been wrong, they may have hurt you deeply, but there is nothing on this earth that is worth losing your peace with Almighty God.

Today, when you pray, choose forgiveness and don’t let anything stand in the way of the good things God has in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You and surrender all that I am. I ask that You pour out Your favor and blessing on me. Show me Your goodness and love and position me to be a greater blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Thinking God’s Thoughts

Today’s Scripture
    “No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit.” (1 Corinthians 2:11, NLT)

When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God’s Spirit becomes one with us and makes His home in us. His thoughts and power dwell in us. One of the ways God empowers us is through our thinking and our imagination. He wants to direct our thoughts because our thoughts set the direction for our lives. If we think God’s thoughts, we will get God’s results.

How do we know which thoughts are God’s? Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the Word of God will make it clear. When your thoughts line up with His promises, you can be sure that you are thinking His thoughts!

Today, choose to focus on God’s Word which is His thoughts. Let Him empower you through your union with Him. Meditate on the Word and confess His promises over your life. Think God’s thoughts and see His results in your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I submit my mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to align myself with Your Word. Thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and empowering me to live the life of victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Forget the Former Thing

Today’s Scripture
    "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." (Isaiah 43:18, NIV)

Too often, people spend so much time and energy dwelling on the past, dwelling on mistakes, or dwelling on disappointments. They don’t even realize that their focus is keeping them from moving forward in life. But in order to fully experience God’s blessings, you have to let go of those past hurts. You have to forget the former things to make room for the new.

God has a new beginning in store for you, and the way you prepare for it is by getting rid of the old. Don't spend time focusing on where you’ve been; spend time focusing on where you’re going. When you “forget the former things,” it means you’re not worried about the past anymore. You don’t allow it to dictate your future. You may remember past events, but you don’t feel the pain like you used to. You’ve opened your heart to receive God’s healing.

Begin today by declaring that your past is over! Forget the former things and receive the restoration and victory God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the life of blessing and victory You have prepared for me. I choose to forget the past. I choose to forgive. I choose to open my heart to You and receive everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Sunday

O God, who for our redemption gave Your only begotten Son to the death of the cross, and by His glorious resurrection delivered us from the power of our enemy: grant us so to die daily to sin, that we may evermore live with Him in the joy of His resurrection.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 1:11-19
    The Creation of the Plants and Stars

And God said, 'Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.'

And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day. . . .
  • Handpicked by God

Today’s Scripture
    "...[in His love] He chose us in Christ [actually selected us for Himself as His own] before the foundation of the world, so that we would be holy..." (Ephesians 1:4, AMP)

Before you were ever born, before the very foundation of the earth, God knew you, planned for you and chose you! He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life; maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued. But remember, God won’t ever overlook you! In fact, He handpicked you. He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself.

Meditate on this truth today: You are God’s most valued possession. You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He has given you the gifts and abilities that you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the treasure He’s placed within you.

Remember, you are handpicked by God and nothing can change His love for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me today. Help me to understand Your love so that I can show Your love to those around me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Confidence

My God, I am filled with fear, fear of the power of the world, fear of other men, fear of death; even though I profess confidence in my forgiveness and the eternal life you have promised to all who confess the name of Christ Jesus, I fear.

Forgive me for my imperfect faith, I pray; by the power of the One who had perfect faith, forgive me. And strengthen me, O Holy Spirit of God, strengthen me by the truth of your Word and the power of conviction, that I may fear only the power of God and walk through this day in perfect peace.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 5:29-30

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."
  • Dwell in Safety and Trust

Today’s Scripture
    "In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." (Psalm 4:8, AMPC)

All throughout Scripture, God has promised to be your Protector, Defender, your Strength, your Shelter and so much more. Even when the storms of life come against you, as long as you are dwelling in Him, you dwell in safety and trust—nothing can take away your peace and joy.

What does it mean to dwell in Him? One of the definitions of the word “dwell” means to keep your attention directed toward something. The more you keep your attention directed toward God, the more you will know Him, and the more confidence you will have in Him. When you focus your heart and mind on the Word of God and declare His promises over your life, you are dwelling in Him. When you lift your voice in worship and give Him glory and honor, you are dwelling in Him. When you spend time meditating on Him and connecting with Him through prayer, you are dwelling in Him.

Are you facing a difficult situation? Give your attention to the Father. Do you need His peace and protection? Focus your heart and mind on Him. As you dwell on Him, you will see His goodness, and you’ll live in peace and victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for Your promise of peace and safety in my life. I choose to give my attention to You. Have Your way in me and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
    In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
    In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
    In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
    When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
    When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
    When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
    When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
    When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
    Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.
    Amen.

~Anonymous
  • Prayer for Holiness

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, do not permit vanity, self-love, sensuality, carelessness, nor anger to rule over me and steal me from Thy love, O my Lord and Creator, all my hope! Do not leave me without a portion of the blessed eternity. Grant also that I may follow Thy Holy example, that I may submit to the authorities placed over me. Grant me the clean soul, the simplicity of heart that makes us worthy of Thy love.
    Amen.

https://dailyprayer.us/daily_devotion.php?day=4433

Scripture for Today: Matthew 5:31-32

“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
  • He is a Rewarder

Today’s Scripture
    “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

God is a rewarder! Notice this verse doesn’t say that God rewards those who “deserve” it or have “earned” it. It doesn’t say that God rewards those who act perfectly and never make mistakes.

No, God’s blessing isn’t based on our performance, it’s based on our faith—our belief in Him and His goodness. In fact, one verse says that He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness.

Spend time today meditating on His goodness and dwelling on His faithfulness. Read His Word and spend time in the Psalms. Praise and thank Him for all He is doing and what He will do in your life. Let His Word shape your thoughts; and remember, He is a rewarder! Because He is good, He wants to bless you when you earnestly seek after Him!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for filling my heart and mind with faith. You are good, and You are a rewarder. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You have blessings in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • The God Kind of Faith

Today’s Scripture
    "And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20, ESV)

Faith is all around us. People have faith in so many different things: faith that a friend will be true, faith that your job is taking you on a certain career path, faith that the chair you are sitting on is going to hold you up!

Faith is simply believing in something. But there are different kinds, or levels, of faith. I've discovered two kinds of faith—a delivering faith and a sustaining faith. Delivering faith is when God instantly turns your situation around. When that happens, it's great. But I believe it takes a greater faith and a deeper walk with God to have sustaining faith.

Sustaining faith is when God takes you through the difficulty. You are filled with doubt, anxiety, fear, and bitterness. But when you know that God is in control, and even if you go through the difficulty, you know He will take care of you. You can say, "God, I don't care what comes against me, I don't care how long it takes, this thing is not going to defeat. I know that You loved me and gave Yourself for me. As long as You are for me, that's all that matters."

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, today I humbly open my heart to You. Use me for Your glory and have Your way in my life. I choose to believe in You and invite You to believe through me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."