Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• There's Power in Unity!

Today’s Scripture
    "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."(John 13:35, NASB)

People aren't going to know we're His disciples by how many times we come to church or how many Scriptures we can quote. People will know we're His disciples by the love we show one another.

The enemy tries to bring division throughout the Body of Christ by keeping us focused on our differences. When we're critical and judgmental, we build walls that separate us. The Bible says in Ephesians 4:13, "We need to come together in the unity of faith." There's great power in unity! We can do a whole lot more together, as believers, than we can do apart. Let's decide to lay down our differences and come together in the unity of our faith in Jesus Christ.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, allow the love of Christ to flow through me. I want to be a beacon of love and forgiveness–just as Christ came here to be. Remind me that when I hurt others, I also hurt You. God, use me to unify Your family of faith in Jesus' name. Amen!"
  • Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you.

Amen!
  • Focus on the Unseen

Today’s Scripture
    "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."(2 Corinthians 4:18, NIV)

Every obstacle in your life is subject to change. It doesn’t matter what you may be facing, there is an answer in the unseen. The unseen is the spiritual realm where the promises of God exist. Your faith brings those unseen things into this natural realm. When you are fixed on something, you can’t be moved. There’s a determination that fuels your focus. When you fix your eyes on the unseen—the promises of God—your faith will not be moved by your circumstances, and you’ll eventually see those promises come to pass.

Make the decision today to fix your eyes and mind on the promises of God. Meditate on His promises until they become more real to you than the air you breathe. Declare that His promises will come to pass in your life. Declare that you have His favor. Declare that you are more than a conqueror. Don’t allow fear and doubt to change what you are speaking over your life. As you continue to fix your spiritual eyes on the unseen promises of God, you will see those things come to pass in the natural, and you will move forward into the abundant life the Lord has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, today I choose to fix my eyes on You. I choose to fix my mind and heart on Your promises no matter what it looks like in this natural world. I know that Your Word is true and that Your promises will be fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Speak Vision

Today’s Scripture
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."(Proverbs 18:21, NIV)

Every word you speak matters. Something you say may seem insignificant to you, but to someone else those words can be life changing. When you use your words to lift someone’s spirit and speak words of vision and life over them, you are depositing seeds that will last throughout eternity.

It’s especially important to speak vision into our children. As a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher or friend, the children in your life need to hear on a regular basis that they can do something great with their lives. As parents, our words carry incredible weight. That’s why you should never put a child down. Don’t ever say, “You’re slow, clumsy or dumb. Why can’t you make good grades like your sister? Why can’t you hit the baseball like your cousin?” Those words are seeds. They can take root and affect that child many years later.

Too many people have been crippled by low expectations. But today, all of that can change. Today, you can start to speak vision over yourself and the people in your life. Today, you can call out the seeds of greatness in others and stir up the gift of God inside. Today, speak life, speak hope and speak vision!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I choose to speak life. I choose to speak hope. I choose to speak vision. Let me see the people in my life the way You see them. Let me see the potential You have placed in them so that I can call forth their seeds of greatness in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Turn Thy Face Unto Us

Look upon us, O Lord, and let all the darkness of our souls vanish before the beams of thy brightness.

Fill us with holy love, and open to us the treasures of thy wisdom. All our desire is known unto thee, therefore perfect what thou hast begun, and what thy Spirit has awakened us to ask in prayer.

We seek thy face, turn thy face unto us and show us thy glory. Then shall our longing be satisfied, and our peace shall be perfect.

Amen!
    (St.) Augustine of Hippo, 400 A.D.
  • To Live in the Knowledge of Christ

Dear Jesus, I can open up my heart to you. I can tell you everything that troubles me. I know you care about all the concerns in my life.

Teach me to live in the knowledge that you who care for me today, will care for me tomorrow and all the days of my life.

Amen!
  • Live in Peace

Today’s Scripture
    “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”(Romans 12:18, NIV)

There’s a tremendous strength that comes to you when you choose to live in peace. That’s why the Lord commands that we live at peace with those around us. When there is strife and contention, the enemy has an open door to move in your life. But when we are at peace with those around us, we are in a position of strength.

Being at peace with those around you doesn’t mean you have to agree with everyone all the time. It simply means you are choosing to walk in love. It means you are patient and kind, not envious or boastful. It means you are considerate and gracious even when you don’t agree. Today, choose peace, choose love, and choose to walk in the strength and blessing the Lord has commanded on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today
    Dear Lord, thank You for the gift of peace which is strength. Today, I choose to release any strife or contention in my heart. I ask You to fill me with Your peace so that I can be an instrument of peace everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.
  • Established in God

Today’s Scripture
    “No one is established by wickedness, but the root of the righteous will never be moved.”(Proverbs 12:3, ESV)

Do you ever feel tossed around by the storms of life? Have you ever seen a tree in a hurricane? The winds and the rain blow the leaves from the branches, and sometimes the branches are torn off or the tree is blown over. But, the tree’s roots are protected from the weather by being firmly established in the ground. The same is true in our lives. If our thinking is not in line with the Word of God, we become vulnerable during the difficult times. But when our thoughts are in line with God’s thoughts, He plants a righteous root within us. We become firmly established. Our thinking becomes clear so we can be strong and overcome the storms of life.

God wants you to be solid. He wants you to be steady. He wants you to have an established life and character. He wants your roots to grow deep in His Word. He wants you to be righteous in Him. Ask the Lord today to show you any areas of your thought life that might need to be firmly planted in God’s Word. As you develop your relationship with the Lord, you will grow deep spiritual roots and stand victoriously against the storms of life.

A Prayer for Today
    Heavenly Father, thank You for Your plan for my life today. Help me to grow deep roots in my relationship with You. Cause my thoughts to be Your thoughts so that I will be strong and established. Thank You for Your favor and blessing in my life today in Jesus’ name. Amen.
  • Prayer of Thanks for This Life

O God in heaven, I was born a weak, defenseless child, but your angel spread his wings over my cradle to defend me. From birth until now your love has illumined my path and has wondrously guided me towards the light of eternity; from birth until now the generous gifts of your providence have been marvelously showered upon me.

I give you thanks for every step of my life’s journey, together with all who have come to know you, who call upon your name. All glory be to you, O God, from age to age,

Amen!
  • The Gift of Today

Today’s Scripture
    "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."(Psalm 90:12, KJV)

Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how precious and fragile our time on earth really is. It can be so easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something didn’t go your way, or someone said something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to get our focus off if we let it. But, we have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss out on the beauty that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today: don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable, a gift from heaven above. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given so we can live a life pleasing to You.”

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Change Your Words, Change Your World

Today’s Scripture
    "Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth and put devious speech far from you."(Proverbs 4:23-24, NASB)

We want to encourage you today to watch what you are saying. Your words have creative power, and you can use them as a destructive force or an instrument of blessing. If you continually speak negative words over your life, then eventual defeat will be the result. In the same way, if you speak words of faith and victory, you will see a harvest of blessing not only in your own life but also in the lives of those around you.

Remember your mother telling you: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?" That was good advice. Don't give life to your negative thoughts by speaking them out. You can't continue to speak negative words filled with doubt and unbelief and expect to have a positive life full of joy and hope. You can change your situation by changing your words. Talk about your visions and your dreams. Declare that you can do all things through Christ. Declare you are more than a conqueror.

When you find yourself in a difficult situation, don't say the first thing that pops into your head. Learn to control your emotions and take those thoughts captive. When you use words of faith and victory, God will fight your battles for you. You'll overcome every challenge that you face and live the abundant life that God has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, make me an instrument of blessing to those around me. I praise You for giving me self-control to hold my tongue rather than give life to negative thoughts. I want to have a positive life full of joy. Let that be reflected in what I say today in Jesus' name. Amen."