Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Sunday Prayer

God of glory, by the raising of your Son you have broken the chains of death and hell: fill my spirit, and the spirit of all the people of your universal church, with faith and hope; for a new day has dawned, and the way to life stands open in our Savior Jesus Christ.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • When Weeds Spring Up

Today’s Scripture
    “Jesus told them another parable: ‘The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.’”(Matthew 13:24–25, NIV)

Jesus is telling a parable in Matthew 13 about a man who went out to his field and planted wheat in the ground. He sowed good seed. This represents that he was doing the right thing, honoring God with his life, and being good to others. But while he slept, an enemy came in and planted weeds. The man didn’t know what had happened. He was expecting to have a great harvest; after all, he did all the right things. But the weeds sprang up among his wheat.

Sometimes, things happen in life. Weeds spring up that we didn’t have anything to do with. The key is to keep the right attitude and stay focused on the goodness of God. When these unexpected challenges happen, we can say, “It’s just another weed. I didn’t sow it. I don’t have to reap it.” Then we can keep the door open for God to move on our behalf.

Today, don’t let the weeds take root. Don’t let discouragement creep in. Instead, lift up your eyes of faith to what your Father God can do for you. Keep believing, keep praying and keep hoping because your harvest is on the way!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the truth of Your Word which sets me free. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You. Give me Your peace as I uproot the weeds and focus on the harvest that You have for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

For Joy Among the Children of God

Heavenly Father, you take no pleasure in wickedness and evil has no place in your kingdom; the boastful will not stand in your sight. You hate all the workers of evil. You destroy those who lie and defraud; you abhor the bloodthirsty and deceitful.

Bless me that I will not be among them, for I would come into your house in the multitude of your mercy. In fear of you and in the hope of mercy, I worship you. Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness. Make Your way straight before my face. Let all those rejoice who put their trust in you; let them shout for joy, because you defend them; those who love your name, grant them mercy and joy.

And evermore let your word spread throughout the world, and make me your servant in this task. In Christ’s name, I pray,

Amen!
  • Amen!
  • He Anoints Your Head With Oil

Today’s Scripture
    "You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over."(Psalm 23:5, NKJV)

In the Bible, oil is symbolic of the anointing of God. Do you know what oil does? It makes things flow. Whenever there is friction or something gets stuck, oil is used to lubricate it and make it more fluid.

That’s what God wants to do for you. He wants to anoint your head with oil. When He does that, notice what David says in Psalm 23, “Because God anoints me, because I walk in His favor; surely, goodness and mercy will follow me everywhere I go." His anointing makes things easier.

For no reason, people will go out of their way to be good to you. You’re going to have creativity, wisdom and good ideas. God’s anointing on your life will cause the right doors to open. It will bring the right people across your path. It will make things go smoother. And the good news is, all you have to do is ask Him for it.

Remember, He longs to be good to you. You can trust that His anointing will make things easier, and He will lead you into the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor in my life today. Thank you for causing me to be at the right place at the right time. Anoint my head with Your oil so that I move forward in the path You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Day

Holy God, who taught the hearts of all faithful people by sending to them the light of your Holy Spirit; Grant me by the same Spirit to be guided in my work today, and in my every thought and deed and in everything I say. Let my decisions be wise and holy, and my ears open to your wisdom. And let me always be open to change; unstop my ears and soften my heart, so that I can learn your way better and better every hour of this day. I pray in the name of my beloved Lord, Jesus Christ,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Amen
  • He Gives You Power

Today’s Scripture
    “And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth...”(Deuteronomy 8:18, NKJV)

God wants to do something great in and through you. He has promises and blessings in store for you that you haven’t even thought of yet. The scripture tells us that He gives us power to gain wealth.

Wealth is simply having abundance. God wants you to live in abundance so that He can use you to be a blessing to others. When we are willing and obedient, we open the door to His promises. In other words, when we live in excellence and integrity, when we follow the Word of God, we will walk in His blessing. Like a tree planted by the water, your leaf will not wither because you are connected to an unlimited supply line.

Notice one more thing about this verse: it says that “He gives us the power to get wealth.” See, God gives us the ability. He gives us creative ideas and inventions, but we have to be diligent, do our part, and step out and use what He’s given us. We have to sow seed in order to see the harvest that He has promised. Receive His power today and choose a life of integrity so that you can move forward into the abundant life He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for giving me the power to live in abundance. I choose to be faithful to You and Your Word. I choose to diligently follow Your commands and ask that You bless everything I set my hands to in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Dedication (from St. Teresa of Avila)

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want.

Amen!
    <click here for link>
  • Amen!
  • The Next Chapter

Today’s Scripture
    "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."(Psalm 139:16, NLT)

Did you know that God has already planned out every part of your life from the beginning to the end? He knows every disappointment, every loss, every challenge; and the good news is, your story ends in victory! God has written out a plan to bless and prosper you. Your final chapter concludes with you fulfilling your God-given destiny.

Here’s the key: when you go through a disappointment, when you go through a loss, don’t stop on that page in your life. You have to decide to keep moving forward. There’s another chapter in front of you, but you have to be willing to take the next step. Sometimes, we get so focused on what didn’t work out that we stay stuck, reliving the disappointment.

If that’s you, recognize that you’ve been on that page long enough. It’s time to let it go and turn the page to the new chapter God has in store. You may not understand, it may not have been fair, but remember, the next chapter is full of blessing, full of favor, and full of victory!

Make the decision to let go of the old so you can move forward into the abundant life God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for the good plan You have for me. Today, I lay aside the disappointments of the past knowing that You have blessing in store for my future. In Jesus’ Name. Amen"
  • Prayer for the Day Ahead (from an old Prayer Book)

Almighty God, my heavenly Father, who declares your glory and shows forth your creation in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in whatever work my hand may find today, from the service of mammon; and assist me, that I may do the work which you have given me to do, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men; for the sake of him who came among us, humbling himself to serve all who came to him and received him, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen!
  • You Are Somebody's Miracle

Today’s Scripture
    "We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us..."(2 Corinthians 5:20, NIV)

God has an assignment for you that nobody else can fulfill. You are His ambassador or representative. You are a part of His divine plan. You have something to offer that nobody else can offer—your gifts, your smile, your love, your passion.

It's easy to get focused on this natural realm and all the things that we need, but do you realize that you are equipped to be somebody else's miracle? Every single day, we have opportunities to show God's love and compassion to others. We can meet their needs, bring them healing, and offer hope and encouragement. Every day, we can sow good seed into the lives of others that will reap an eternal harvest.

Today, look for ways to be a blessing to someone else. When you step out and pour into others, God will make sure that others pour into you. Let's continue to work together to bring Him glory and build His kingdom on earth!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for choosing me and using me. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Show me ways to be a miracle to others so that my life brings glory to You in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Handfuls On Purpose

Today’s Scripture
    "And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God."(Deuteronomy 28:2, ESV)

Our God is a rewarder of those who seek Him! When you keep God first place and do your best to honor Him, the Scripture says, “His blessings will chase you down and overtake you.”

That means you will come into increase, promotion and good breaks that you didn’t necessarily deserve. That’s God rewarding you for walking in His ways. We see this principle in the Old Testament with Ruth. She was out in the fields following behind the workers and gathering up the leftover wheat that they missed. She was trying to take care of her mother-in-law, Naomi, but they were barely surviving. One day, the owner of the fields, Boaz, told the workers to leave handfuls of wheat on purpose for Ruth. Ruth came into blessings that were simply dropped at her feet.

Every one of us can look back and see times where God has left us handfuls on purpose—something that we didn’t deserve or even ask for. We were just provided for unexpectedly. That’s a “handful on purpose.” I encourage you to always keep your expectancy up. Keep trusting God and obeying His voice because He is ready to bless you in unexpected ways today!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust You as my Provider; You are the One who cares for me. I acknowledge You with my love and thank You for leaving me “handfuls on purpose” today! In Jesus’ Name. Amen."