Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Prayer to Be Filled with Christ’s Love (from Ephesians 3)

Heavenly Father, when I think of the wonder of your great plan for our salvation, I fall on my knees before you, who has named every name in heaven or on earth, and I pray that out of your richness of your glory, you will strengthen me in my inner being with your Spirit, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I may be rooted and grounded in love, that I may have strength to comprehend with all the saints the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of Christ Jesus, the love that surpasses knowledge, and be filled with the fullness that only you can give. In the name of Christ, I pray,
    Amen.

Scripture Today:

"Be careful that nobody spoils your faith through intellectualism or high-sounding nonsense. Such stuff is at best founded on men’s ideas of the nature of the world and disregards Christ!"
    ~ Colossians 2:8

<click here for link>
  • Handpicked by God

Today’s Scripture
    "...[in His love] He chose us in Christ [actually selected us for Himself as His own] before the foundation of the world, so that we would be holy..." (Ephesians 1:4, AMP)

Before you were ever born, before the very foundation of the earth, God knew you, planned for you and chose you! He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life; maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued.

But remember, God won’t ever overlook you! In fact, He handpicked you. He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself.

Meditate on this truth today: You are God’s most valued possession. You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He has given you the gifts and abilities that you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the treasure He’s placed within you.

Remember, you are handpicked by God and nothing can change His love for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me today. Help me to understand Your love so that I can show Your love to those around me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Holiness

All provident Lord, place Your holy fear as a guard before my eyes so they may not look lustfully; before my ears so that they may not delight in hearing evil words; before my mouth so that it may not speak any falsehoods; before my heart so that it may not think evil; before my hands so that they may not do injustice; before my feet, that they may not walk in the paths of injustice; but so direct them, that they may always be according to all Your commandments. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner.
    Amen.

Scripture Today: Exodus 26
    (Building the Tabernacle)

<click here for link>
  • Ascend

Today’s Scripture
    "Who may ascend onto the mountain of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place?" (Psalm 24:3, AMP)

Did you know that you are meant to rise high in heavenly places? You are meant to stand with God in His Holy place? But notice that in order to ascend, we have to make sure we have clean hands and a pure heart.

How do we do that? First of all, only the blood of Jesus can make us clean and new. Once we receive Him as our Lord and Savior, we have to choose every day to stand against the contaminating forces of the enemy that would try to hold us down.

It all starts in our thought life. We have to guard our thoughts by guarding what we allow to influence our thoughts. We can't just watch any old thing on TV. We can't just listen to any old conversation. We have to make sure that what we allow into our minds is pleasing to the Lord because what we allow into our minds will eventually filter into our hearts.

If we are going to ascend, we have to have higher thoughts; we have to have a higher way of living. Choose today to ascend so that you can partake of the blessing the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, today I choose higher thoughts. I choose higher living. Help me to guard my heart and mind so that I can live a life that is pleasing to You. I bless You today and always in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer For Faith

Almighty Christ, let me look into that place beyond space and time where you dwell, from where you came and to which you will return. Let me look to you and be saved: Beyond material things, beyond the insistent desires of my flesh, beyond the reach of Satan.

Give me the faith that can save me from despair, the faith that will dissolve my worry and care, the faith that can bring peace beyond all understanding. Let me move every day towards absolute faith in you, for there lies the strength I need to follow you without reservation. Let me find, every day, more and more faith, that I may have an ever-renewing vitality and power, and live in the conviction that you and only you can and will take care of me, forever.
    Amen.

Scripture for Today:
    "Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.

After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs."
    Hebrews 1:1-4

<click here for link>
  • The Power of Prayer

Today’s Scripture
    "Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." (James 5:16, ESV)

All throughout the Bible, you can see just how powerful and life-changing prayer is. The best news about prayer is that the same power you read about in the Bible is available to you right now!

God intended prayer to change lives. He intended for you to call on Him and join your heart to Him in a powerful union. Through your prayers, you can tap into God's incredible, inexhaustible power in your life, and be a great encouragement and blessing to those who need prayer around you.

James says that prayer can heal and restore people. Prayer makes a difference. Prayer affects change. Today, meditate on the power of prayer and put your faith into action. Stand in agreement with God and His Word and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You for giving me Your infinite power when I come before You in prayer. I will stand and pray. I will stay in faith and keep pressing forward knowing that You are at work in every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer: To Be Filled with the Spirit

Heavenly Father, fill me with Your Spirit until I am overflowing, as the sun is filled with light, until it spills out of me and illuminates everything it my path. Crowd out the flawed thoughts of my mind with your truth and wisdom; put so much of your knowledge and fear in my heart that there is no longer room for the seductive lies of this world. Comfort me in my pain, convict me in my transgressions, guide me when I am tested. Fill my being with energy and focus to spread your word and do your will, and, with the salvation of your grace through Jesus Christ, this will be enough for me.
    Amen.

Scripture Today: Exodus 27
    "You shall command the people of Israel that they bring to you pure beaten olive oil for the light, that a lamp may regularly be set up to burn. In the tent of meeting, outside the veil that is before the testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening to morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute forever to be observed throughout their generations by the people of Israel. . . ."

<click here for link>
  • The Reward is Set in Place

Today’s Scripture
    "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13, NIV)

Have you ever thought about the fact that a reward is put into place before anyone ever claims it? Right now, there are rewards for certain fugitives on the loose. That money is already in a fund just waiting for someone to step up and claim it. All a person has to do is find the fugitive, and the money will be released.

In the same way, God has a reward that has already been set in place for you and me, too. It’s just waiting to be released. But, there are conditions to that reward as well. God says, “If you will just seek Me, I will give you the reward. If you will just make an effort to please Me, if you will just get up in the morning and thank Me, if you will just read the Scripture, I’ll pour out My blessing.”

You may not understand it all, but God says, “That’s okay. I will give you the reward because your heart is in the right place, and you are making the effort.”Today, there is nothing more important than seeking God in all your ways. When you go about your day, keep Him on your mind. Talk to Him and ask for His direction. Seek Him because you will find Him and find peace, abundance, joy and victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for ordering my steps and pouring out Your blessing on me. I choose to put You first place in everything I do. I honor You and thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen.

(From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.)
    <click here for link>

Scripture for Today: John 12:44-50
    "Jesus cried aloud: “Whoever believes in me believes not in me but in him who sent me. And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness.

I do not judge anyone who hears my words and does not keep them, for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my word has a judge; on the last day the word that I have spoken will serve as judge, for I have not spoken on my own, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life.

What I speak, therefore, I speak just as the Father has told me.”