Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• What Are Your Goals?

Today’s Scripture
    "...I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back."(Philippians 3:13-14, MSG)

The reason it is so important for you to set and achieve goals is that you have a unique purpose that only you can fulfill. It's kind of like building your own house--something you had better not attempt without a clear vision of your goals and a good set of blueprints, or you may wind up with some extra doors or windows and no place to put them!

God is the architect of your life. His Word is a blueprint of His hopes and plans for your life. Trust Him to help you set your goals. If you have a problem being focused and setting goals for your life, one of the best things you can do is to start writing them down, both short-term and long-term ones. It's amazing how your life can begin to take shape when you can see on paper where you want to go.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You that You are the architect of my life. Give me the wisdom to follow Your blueprint and set goals that reflect Your desires for me in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Holy Spirit’s Guidance

Gracious God,
    Send your Holy Spirit to deepen my worship life.
    Open my heart to the gifts and cultures which surround my church.
    Open my heart to the people who are different from me.
    In Jesus’ name, I pray.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • The Great I Am

Today’s Scripture
    “God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.’”(Exodus 3:14, NIV)

We serve a great and mighty God! He is the Creator of the universe, the one who spoke the worlds into existence. He’s called the Great I AM, and He’s saying today, “I am everything you need. I am your strength. I am your wisdom. I am your protection. I am your provider. I am your way maker. I am your problem solver. I am your dream giver. I am your victory!”

David put it this way in Psalm 138, “Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me.” Maybe you feel like David today. You’re surrounded by all kinds of difficulties. You’re tempted to just settle right where you are. You need to get your fire back!

Instead of focusing on how big your problems are, focus on how big your God is! He is everything you need. He is the Great I AM, and He is the one leading and guiding you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I choose to focus on Your greatness today. Thank You for being the I AM—everything that I need to live the life of victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for Christ to be with Us

May the peace of the Lord Christ go with us,
    wherever He may send us.

May He guide us through the wilderness,
    protect us through the storm.

May He bring us home rejoicing
    at the wonders He has shown us.

May He bring us home rejoicing
    once again into our doors.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Declare His Deeds

Today’s Scripture
    “Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.”(Psalm 40:5, NIV)

God has wonderful things prepared for your future! Even though you might be facing some circumstances that seem unfair, or things aren’t going the way you planned, God’s good plan still remains. Even when life isn’t fair, God is always fair. He is always working behind the scenes on your behalf to move you forward into the destiny that He has prepared for you.

Remember, in order to keep your life moving in the right direction, you need to keep your thoughts, heart and words moving in the right direction. The best way to do this is by declaring His wonderful deeds! When you start recounting all the ways God has blessed your life, just like the psalmist, you’ll find that His goodness goes beyond what you could ever imagine.

Right now, take a moment and think about all the goodness in your life. Declare His deeds and focus your thoughts on Him. Keep your words and thoughts going in the right direction so you can keep moving forward into the abundant life He has promised you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I declare Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for blessing me beyond my comprehension. You alone are worthy of all the praise, glory and honor. I bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Benediction

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and always.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • This One Thing

Today’s Scripture
    “...I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.”(Philippians 3:13, NLT)

Are you focused on forgetting the past? Many people don’t fully understand what that means. They wonder, “How can I forget something that’s happened to me?” But one definition of the word forget is to “disregard intentionally or to overlook.” What this verse is saying is that you have to choose to disregard your past so that it doesn’t keep you from moving forward. That means the good and the bad. Even our past victories can sometimes keep us from rising higher. If we don’t let go of the old, we’ll never be able to embrace the new.

It doesn’t matter what’s happened in your history, it’s time to forget what lies behind. Make the choice today to look forward. Trust that God has a better future in store for you. Trust that He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. As you forget what lies behind and press forward, you will see the abundant life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I choose to forget the past today. I don’t want anything to hold me back from the good future You have prepared for me. I choose forgiveness and ask that You help me by Your Spirit to press forward in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • For Peace

Holy God, from whom all thoughts of truth and love and peace proceed, and whose Son is rightly called the Prince of Peace; kindle in the hearts of all men the fire of longing for peaceful existence so powerful that they may never long to do violence against another.

Guide with pure wisdom those who guide the nations of the earth and the many factions who may find disagreement, that your kingdom may go forward in tranquility and goodness, free of hatred and hostility, until the earth is filled with knowledge of your love. In the name of Christ, I pray,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • He Holds You In His Hand

Today’s Scripture
    "Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you...I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand…"(Isaiah 41:10, AMPC)

We all face situations in life that feel out of control. During times like these, it’s easy to get discouraged and allow fear to creep in. Instead, why don’t you focus on the fact that God is holding you in the palms of His hands! There is nothing too difficult for Him; nothing’s impossible; nothing is beyond His ability. When God holds you in His hands, you are safe; you are cared for. In His hands, there is victory. In His hands, there is strength. In His hands, there is provision. In His hands is everything you need.

No matter what you may be going through today, you can trust that God is for you. Instead of getting down and depressed over your circumstances, look up and get a vision of God turning that situation around. Let faith rise in your heart and focus on His favor, promotion and blessing. As you keep your heart and mind focused on Him and choose to obey His Word, you’ll see those supernatural breaks that will launch you further ahead than you ever thought possible because He holds you with His victorious right hand!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for helping me and holding me in Your victorious right hand. I choose to trust You even when things don’t make sense, even when things seem beyond my control. I release my cares to You knowing that You work all things together for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Forgiveness

Gracious God, our sins are too heavy to carry, too real to hide, and too deep to undo. Forgive what our lips tremble to name, what our hearts can no longer bear, and what has become for us a consuming fire of judgment.

Set us free from a past that we cannot change; open to us a future in which we can be changed; and grant us grace to grow more and more in your likeness and image, through Jesus Christ, the light of the world.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Fulfilling the Law of Christ

Today’s Scripture
    “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”(Galatians 6:2, NIV)

When we live in peace and unity, it pleases God. When we love and serve others, putting their needs above our own, we are honoring Him. When we carry each other’s burdens, we are fulfilling the law of Christ, which is to love others.

What does it mean to carry each other’s burdens? There are many ways to reach out to people and help shoulder their load, so to speak. Just by giving an encouraging word or smile, you can help lighten the load for someone. When you pray and intercede for others in their day of difficulty, you are helping to carry their burdens. Maybe there are other ways to help the people around you. Maybe you can pay for someone’s groceries or give someone cash at the gas pump. Anytime you help others and reach out to those in need, Scripture says you are directly lending a hand to God Himself.

Today, look for ways to lighten the load for the people around you. Be a burden lifter. Remember, in God’s kingdom what you sow, you shall reap. When you help others, God promises to repay you. He’ll pour out His victory and blessing on you all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I want to fulfill Your law of love by serving and helping others. Show me how to be a blessing to the people around me so that I can help carry their burdens in Jesus’ name. Amen.”