Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Think on These Things

Today’s Scripture
    “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”(Philippians 4:8, NIV)

God wants you to be blessed in every area. The Bible says that Jesus came so that you and I could have life more abundantly, but it all starts in your thinking. That’s why the scripture tells us very clearly what we should be thinking about—things that are noble, right, lovely, pure and praiseworthy.

In other words, when a thought comes to your mind that you’re never going to be successful, replace it by saying, “Father, You said in Proverbs that if I would put You first, You would crown my efforts with success. You said in the Psalms that You surround me with favor like a shield. You said in Deuteronomy that Your blessings would chase me down and overtake me!” That’s how you take every thought captive, one thought at a time!

Today, refuse to allow any negative thoughts to take up space in your mind. Fill your heart and mind with the Word of God and open the door for His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your truth which sets me free. I choose to meditate on Your goodness and dwell on the right things. Help me to keep my heart and mind set on all that is pure and lovely in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer: Light My Path

I come to you, my God, asking that your Spirit guide me in prayer. Lead me to complete devotion in my moments spent with you, Lord, for your Son has told us to come to you and I want to do so, not halfway, but with my full heart.

I know from Him that prayer is for the good of all. For you, because it is your commandment; for myself, because you love me as no other and want to fill me with goodness; for other people, for I want to love them in ways that are not in my nature and can only do if your power shines fully through my existence.

You have sent us your Holy Spirit; let me know Him in all times and in all places and in every cell of my being. When I am confused, the Spirit will bring me wisdom; when I am angry, peace; when I am afraid, comfort. When I have puffed myself up with pride, the Spirit will gently dissolve my self-deception, so that fear and greed and foolishness will melt away and I will know you, and the security and peace of the only truth on earth: the love of Christ. Let this be, Lord, I pray. Light my path.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 7,1-10.

When Jesus had finished all his words to the people, he entered Capernaum.
    A centurion there had a slave who was ill and about to die, and he was valuable to him.
    When he heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and save the life of his slave.
    They approached Jesus and strongly urged him to come, saying, "He deserves to have you do this for him,
    for he loves our nation and he built the synagogue for us."
    And Jesus went with them, but when he was only a short distance from the house, the centurion sent friends to tell him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof.
    Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed.
    For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it."
    When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith."
    When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.
  • @Kabron

thanks! :)
  • Open Your Heart

Today’s Scripture
    “...whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”(Luke 7:47, NIV)

Forgiveness is such a powerful gift from heaven above. It’s like a door on our heart. When we choose to forgive, it opens our heart so that we can receive everything God has in store for us. But when we hold onto unforgiveness, bitterness and resentment, it closes up our heart and keeps us from moving forward.

The scripture tells us that if we don’t forgive others, God cannot forgive us. That’s because the door on our heart is closed. If forgiveness doesn’t go out, forgiveness can’t come in. But when we choose to forgive, we open our heart so we can receive His forgiveness and allow His love to flow freely through us. Forgiveness increases our capacity to receive!

Today remember, people will let you down, they will hurt you and disappoint you. Don’t let the actions of others block your relationship with the Father by holding unforgiveness. Instead, choose to forgive so that you can increase your capacity to receive everything He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for forgiving me and setting me free. Today I choose to forgive others so that I can have room in my heart to receive Your forgiveness and love. Thank You for setting me free in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Amen
  • Prayer for Mercy

Heavenly Father, true God, who sent Your beloved Son to seek the wandering sheep, I have sinned against heaven and before You; receive me like the Prodigal Son, and clothe me with the garment of innocence, of which I was deprived by sin. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner, in the name of Christ.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Go To The Place of Blessing

Today’s Scripture
    "Depart from here and turn eastward and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan..."(1 Kings 17:3, ESV)

In the Scripture, the prophet Elijah was living in a certain city. God said to him, “Leave this place and go down to the brook Cherith for I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.” When he got to the brook, every morning just like clockwork, the ravens brought him food. He had his provision; a prepared blessing. Here's the key: Elijah didn't have to try to find the ravens. He just had to get to where God wanted him to be and the ravens found him.

In the same way, there is a place where God has commanded you to be blessed. Everything you need to fulfill your destiny has already been laid up for you—provision, favor, abundance. The real question today is, will you do what's required to get to your place of blessing? Elijah could have said, “God, I don't want to leave. I like it here. My friends are here.” But if he had stayed, he would have missed where he was commanded to be blessed.

Are you willing to do what God is asking you to do today? Listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit inside, follow His leading, and enter into the place of blessing!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for leading me to a place of blessing. Thank You for sustaining me and empowering me to fulfill Your call on my life. I choose to follow Your leading so that I can be in the place You’ve called me to in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Rise Up!

Rise up, oh children of light, and let us give glory to the Lord, who alone can save our souls. O Lord, as you withdraw sleep from the eyes of my body, grant me wakefulness of mind so that I may stand before you in awe and sing your praises worthily, all of this day.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Provision In The Wilderness

Today’s Scripture
    "I will open rivers in desolate heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water..."(Isaiah 41:18, NKJV)

There’s a lady in our church who is a single mom. Her family has gone through a lot of struggles. For years she was barely making it, but every Sunday she and her two sons would be at Lakewood. She stayed faithful during her “wilderness” season because she knew she was headed to her Promised Land.

This lady's son, from the time he was a little boy, always said that he was going to get a scholarship to go to college. He could have thought, “We’re poor. I’m at a disadvantage.” But this single mother taught her sons that God is a God of abundance, that He can make a way when we don’t see a way. Her son graduated number two in his high school. He received not one scholarship, but nine scholarships totaling over 1.3 million dollars. His undergraduate, his master's and his doctorate degrees are all paid for at Georgetown University.

Friend, remember, God is no respecter of persons. Whatever you are believing for, whatever provision you need in the wilderness, know that He is faithful. He will provide streams in the desert and provision for you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for providing streams in the desert. Thank You for refreshing me in the wilderness. Thank You for providing all my needs according to Your riches in glory as I stand in faith and stay faithful to You in Jesus’ name. Amen"