Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• A Mark of Honor

Today’s Scripture
    “It is an honor for a man to cease from strife...”(Proverbs 20:3, AMP)

Oftentimes, challenges are merely distractions meant to keep us from pursuing our destiny.

Maybe someone in the office isn’t as friendly to you as you’d like. Maybe you have a neighbor who always parks in front of your house and blocks your mailbox.

Those things may be frustrating, but they have little significance when you look at the big picture. You can’t allow the little things to open the door to strife in your life.

In the Bible, just before David fought the giant Goliath, his brother Iliab tried to confront him.

David knew that arguing with Iliab wasn’t even worth his time and strength. He knew his real battle was with Goliath, and he didn’t want to be distracted.

He simply “turned away” from Iliab and kept his focus on what he was called to do. In our own lives today, most frustrations aren’t worth our energy. When we avoid strife, it is a mark of honor.

Today, I encourage you to turn away from strife. Keep your focus on what God has called you to do. As you do, you will live in honor, and you’ll move forward in the destiny He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your hand of victory in my life. Give me the wisdom and courage I need to walk away from strife so I can focus on the destiny You have prepared for me. I love You and bless You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Know When to Turn Away

Today’s Scripture
    "It is an honour for a man to cease from strife…"(Proverbs 20:3, KJV)

In life, many of the challenges we face are simply distractions from the enemy to keep us from pursuing our destiny.

Maybe someone in the office isn’t as friendly to you as you’d like. Maybe you have a neighbor who always parks in front of your house and blocks your mailbox.

Those things may be frustrating, but they have little significance when you look at the big picture of eternity. You can’t allow the little things to cause strife in your life.

In scripture, just before David fought the giant Goliath, his brother Iliab tried to confront him. But David knew that arguing with Iliab wasn’t even worth his time and strength. He knew his real battle was with Goliath, and he didn’t want to be distracted. He simply “turned away” from Iliab and kept his focus on what he was called to do.

Let’s follow the example of David and keep our eyes on what’s most important in life. Instead of being led away by frustrations, let’s focus on the big picture. Know when to turn away from strife and receive the mark of honor the Lord has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for Your hand of victory in my life. Give me the wisdom and courage I need to walk away from strife so I can focus on the destiny You have prepared for me. I love You and bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • The Secret Things

Today’s Scripture
    "The secret things belong unto the Lord our God…"(Deuteronomy 29:29, AMPC)

Are you going through a situation in your life that you don’t quite understand? During these uncertain seasons, it’s natural to question things in your mind. But in order to move forward, we have to look forward with our hearts. We have to look beyond the questions and continue to trust in Almighty God.

Serving God means we’re going to have some unanswered questions. You may never understand why a relationship ended sooner than you would have liked. You may never understand why you lost a loved one. You may never understand why you went through something difficult or why your prayers didn’t get answered.

But at some point, you have to decide to put your questions aside and go on with God. We have to decide to trust His character even when our circumstances don’t make sense. The Bible tells us that adversity will come, but God is the one who promises to lead us into victory. He has promised that He’s going to turn that difficulty around and use it for your advantage. He is faithful to His Word, and you can be sure that He will fulfill every promise He’s made to you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, I choose to trust You with my unanswered questions. I choose to release any doubt and confusion to You. Help me to focus on Your Word which is truth that sets me free. Thank You for Your goodness and for the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Benediction

The blessing of the Lord rest and remain upon all his people, in every land, of every tongue; the Lord meet in mercy all that seek him; the Lord comfort all who suffer and mourn; the Lord hasten his coming, and give us, his people, the blessing of peace, this day and always.
    Amen!
  • Refuse to Worry

Today’s Scripture
    "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"(Matthew 6:27)

Is there something that you are worrying about today?

To worry means to allow something to revolve in your mind over and over again. God doesn’t want you to live worried or anxious about anything. He knows that worry steals your peace and joy. It affects every area of your life.

Have you heard the saying “don’t worry yourself sick”?

That’s because worrying affects your physical body. It affects your sleep. You won’t ever gain anything by worrying; in fact, you’ll lose precious moments that you can never get back again.

The good news is that God has promised that you can have victory over worry. It starts by making the choice to trust in Him. When you cast your cares on Him, He will give you His peace.

Decide today to put an end to worry in your life. Choose to feed your faith and fill your mind with God’s promises. As you focus on God’s Word, you’ll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy; and you’ll be empowered to move forward into the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, today I choose to put an end to worry in my life. I choose to feed my faith by studying Your promises and declaring Your Word over my life. Help me to totally trust in You today and every day in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • To Serve Christ

Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous;
    Teach me to serve you as you deserve;
    To give and not to count the cost,
    To fight and not heed the wounds,
    To toil and not seek for rest,
    To labor and not to seek reward,
    Save that of knowing that I do your will.
    Amen!

~ adapted from a prayer of St. Ignatius Loyola (Catholic), 1540
  • Walk Through

Today’s Scripture
    "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me."
    (Psalm 23:4, NLT)

We’ve all been in seasons of life when we feel like things aren’t going our way, or we’re not where we want to be. In these times, it’s tempting to let discouragement and doubt come in and take away the peace and excitement you once had.

You may be in one of those seasons right now, struggling to truly be happy where you are. But this is not the way God wants you to live. He tells us in scripture that even in the difficult times, He is with us. Even when you can’t see a way out, He will make a way through. Even when things don’t turn out the way we planned, He has a plan to turn things around for our good.

The key is to not get upset about your circumstances. Instead, be determined to walk through to victory. Declare by faith that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. Declare by faith that you are rising higher. Keep standing, keep believing and keep hoping because God has a bright future in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You today giving You all that I am. I ask for Your peace in the midst of the storm. I ask for Your strength to stand strong, knowing that with You, I will walk through every adversity in Jesus’ name. Amen!"
  • If Only

Today’s Scripture
    "The one who guards a fig tree will eat its fruit…"(Proverbs 27:18, NIV )

It’s easy to get stuck in the trap of thinking that if only your circumstances would just change, then life would be better.

You might think, “If I got a new job, or a new house or had better friends, then I would really be happy.”

But I’ve learned that oftentimes, God changes us before He changes our circumstances. We are thinking, “If only my circumstances would change,” when God may be thinking, “If only your attitude would change!”

Today, if you’ve been thinking, “If only,” it’s time to turn your thoughts around. Don’t allow negative thinking to direct your attitude or affect how you treat others.

Instead, begin to thank God for what He has planned for you. Bloom where you are planted. Tend to what God has placed in your hand. If you will focus on what you have instead of focusing on what you don’t have, then God can bless you, multiply you and lead you forward into the destiny He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and grace upon my life. Today I choose to turn my thoughts around and focus on what You have placed in my hands. I will be faithful, knowing that You are faithful, and that You have a good plan in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • For Those in Pain

Holy Lord God, bless and uphold all who are sick and suffering this day. Console them with your Holy Spirit, and if it is your will, bring their suffering to a quick conclusion. In Christ's name I pray,
    Amen!
  • Retrain Your Brain

Today’s Scripture
    "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."(Romans 12:2, NKJV)

Living in victory means that sometimes you have to develop new habits. If you’ve been negative for a long time, you’ve got to retrain your thinking from “I can’t” to “I can;” from “It won’t happen” to “It will happen;” from “I’ll never get well” to “God is restoring health unto me;” from “I never get any good breaks” to “God’s favor surrounds me like a shield;” from “I’ve made too many mistakes. I’m all washed up” to “I’m redeemed and forgiven. My best days are still out in front of me.”

It’s like reprogramming a computer. Sometimes you have to wipe off the old, outdated, dysfunctional software and load in something new.

If you’ve spent your days focused on how things won’t work, it’s time to focus on how things will work out! It doesn’t matter how bad it looks, how many people have told you no, or how long it’s been that way, God has the final say. It’s not over till God says it’s over. Shake off the self-pity. Shake off the disappointment.

Let go of the old and choose to believe Him. Declare His promises over your life and see His blessing and victory as you align yourself with Him!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for the transformation power in Your Word! Thank You for giving me hope for my future. I choose to trust You, I choose to believe Your Word, and I choose to declare Your truth and watch victory unfold in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Thanks for God’s Mercy

O Lord, you are compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. You have not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is Your lovingkindness toward those who fear You. As far as the east is from the west, so far have You removed our transgressions from us.

All glory, all thanks be to You, wonderful God, who has by Your Son put away our sin, and cleansed us, that we might dwell with You forever.
    Amen!

adapted from Psalm 103
  • Transform Your Mind

Today’s Scripture
    “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...”(Romans 12:2, NKJV)

Your life will move in the direction of your most dominant thoughts. If you’re constantly down on yourself thinking you’ll never get ahead, then you won’t. But if you’ll choose to believe that you are an overcomer, that you have victory up ahead, that God has good things in store for your future; then that’s what you’ll end up with.

That’s why it’s so important to make sure our thoughts are the same as God’s thoughts. Just like a computer, whatever you allow into your mind is what will come out in your attitude and actions. The more you meditate on God’s Word, the more you will transform your thinking to be like God’s thinking.

Choose today to focus on the Word of God. Allow your mind to be renewed. As you focus on God’s thoughts, you will become more like Him, and you will see His hand of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I submit to You all that I am. I ask that You renew my mind by the Word of God so that my thoughts are Your thoughts. Transform me into Your image in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Keep Walking Through

Today’s Scripture
    “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me...”(Psalm 23:4, ESV)

Everyone faces challenges and difficulties in life. If you are going through a valley today, know that you are not alone. God is with you! He is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and He will carry you through. Remember, your challenges didn’t come to stay; they came to pass. Don’t get stuck in the valley by allowing your setbacks to become the focus of your life. Jesus endured the pain of the cross for the joy that was set before Him, and when you focus on your victory, you will be able to keep walking through your valley, too!

Shake off bitterness and self-pity today and be determined to press forward. With God on your side, no weapon formed against you shall prosper. As you keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, your challenges will become easier, and you will move forward and live the life of victory God has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for giving me strength during the difficult times. I trust that You are with me today, and I choose to focus on the victory You have in store in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Constantly Speak

Today's Scripture
    "I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises." (Psalm 34:1, NLT)

When you wake up in the morning, do you expect the goodness of God in your life? Do you set the tone of the day for success, favor and blessing with your words? Scripture tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. That's why it's so important to declare praises to God all throughout the day. Things may be bad all around you, people may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don't let that spirit rub off on you. The worse it gets, the brighter you're going to shine. The good news is that no matter how you feel, no matter what's going on around you, you can choose your words. There's nothing that can stop you from constantly speaking His Word!

Today, I encourage you to be determined to set the tone for your day, week, month and year by praising God and speaking words of faith over your future. Remember, when you put God first, He promises to honor you. He will pour out His favor on you and lead you into life, health, strength and blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    Father in heaven, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness at all times in Jesus' name. Amen!
  • Prayer for Guidance

Lord, teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain wisdom of heart. Help me do today the things that matter, not to waste the time I have.

The moments I have are precious, Lord, see that I count them dear. Teach me to number my days aright. Fill me this day with your kindness, that I may be glad and rejoice all the days of my life. Through Christ I pray,
    Amen!
  • Lacking Nothing

Today’s Scripture
    "Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."(James 1:3-4, NKJV)

God wants you to be perfect and complete, living in His abundance, and lacking nothing on this earth. That may seem like a stretch from where you are today. It may seem far off; but in an instant, things can turn around. God has set up a system of blessing for you, and it starts with His Word. The Bible says that God has given each of us a measure of faith. We all have faith, and it’s up to us to develop it. Romans 10:17 says that faith grows as we read and study His Word. Faith, in turn, produces patience, and when we allow patience to have its perfect work in us, we will lack no good thing.

Today, no matter where you are in the process, the key is to keep moving forward by reading and hearing His Word. His Word is alive. His Word will heal your heart and restore your soul. His Word will produce patience in your life so that you can move forward, being complete and lacking nothing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and directs my way. I choose to put You first place. I choose to meditate on Your Word, knowing that You are leading me in Your paths of life in Jesus’ name. Amen!"
  • Live with Me

Lord Christ, I have betrayed you by following my own way, and I have denied you by fearing to follow yours. I have mocked you by forgetting the agony and importance of your death. I am lost, O Jesus: Let your forgiveness find me. Hold me in your strong arms and give me your new life. Live in me and with me day by day, that my heart may be made anew within me, and that together we may show the world a new and better path.
    Amen!
  • What is Taking Root?

Today's Scripture
    "He answered, 'The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man'." (Matthew 13:37, AMP)

God is constantly trying to plant new seeds of victory on the inside of you. He's trying to increase you. He's trying to enlarge your vision. He wants to take you to new levels of victory.

But before you see a harvest, the seed has to take root. You have to conceive it before you are going to receive it.

In other words, before you're ever going to be successful, you've got to see yourself successful. Before you're ever going to have your dreams come to pass, you've got to look out through your eyes of faith and see them coming to pass. That's how you allow the seed to take root.

Today, I encourage you to examine your thought life. What are you allowing to take root? Are God's seeds of victory and life growing in your heart and mind, or are you nurturing seeds of defeat and despair?

The good news is that you can change your thoughts right now, this very moment. Begin to dwell on God's promises and His goodness. Let His good seeds take root in your mind and heart. It won't be long before you'll see that harvest of blessing come forth in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    Father God, today I surrender every area of mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to dwell on Your goodness and faithfulness so that the good seeds You've planted in my life will take root. Keep me close to You and direct my steps down the good path You have prepared for me in Jesus' name. Amen.
  • Refuse Bitterness

Today’s Scripture
    “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.”(Ephesians 4:31)

Bitterness is an extremely destructive force. It can seep into the depths of your heart if you choose not to forgive someone.

Scripture tells us that if we choose not to forgive others, it will even hinder our prayers. Thank God that He has empowered us to forgive and release bitterness!

It all begins with a choice. You may have been through unfair situations, but it’s not over until God says it’s over. God always has the final say. He is a God of justice. He sees every wrong that’s ever been done to you and every unfair situation.

If you will stay in faith and choose to forgive, God will make your wrongs right. He’ll bring justice into your life. Your attitude should be, “It may have been unfair. They may have done me wrong, but I refuse to get bitter. I know my time is coming.”

Choose forgiveness, honor God and walk in complete freedom in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I refuse bitterness. I refuse to allow the past to keep me stuck. Right now I forgive those who have hurt me. I pray blessing on them, that they would come to know Your truth. Father, thank You for setting my heart free today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • A Flourishing Finish

Today’s Scripture
    "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."(Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Everyone goes through seasons of disappointment or difficulty. We all have unexpected setbacks. Maybe you’re going through something right now that you don’t understand. Here’s the good news: that disappointment is not the final chapter. God never ends in a negative. If you will keep moving forward with your life, God promises that He will bring you to a flourishing finish. Not a defeated finish, a bankrupt finish, a betrayed finish, or a barely-get-by finish. No, in your future, God has a victorious finish.

That setback, disappointment or betrayal that seems like it’s working against you, God knows how to turn it around and cause it to work for you. The key is that when you’re in difficult times, don’t settle where you are. Don’t put your roots down and think that things are never going to change. No, for every setback, God has already lined up a comeback. For every injustice, He has vindication. For every disappointment, He has restoration. Right now, just begin to thank Him for what He’s going to do. Praise Him for His faithfulness. Rejoice today because He has a plan to bring you into a flourishing finish!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to cast my cares on You. I choose to trust even when I don’t understand. I choose to believe that You have a good plan and will bring me to a flourishing finish in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • It's No Surprise to Him

Today’s Scripture
    "But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph…"(2 Corinthians 2:14, AMP)

In life, we all have to deal with the unexpected. Just because we’re believers, just because we’re good people or doing the right thing doesn’t make us exempt from trouble. The scripture says, “The rain falls on the just and the unjust.”

When something unexpected happens or you find yourself facing a crisis, don’t automatically go into “panic mode” or just fall apart emotionally. Realize that the crisis is no surprise to God. It may be unexpected to you, but God knows the end from the beginning. He has solutions to problems that you haven’t even had yet. He has equipped you for every battle, and He goes before you to make your crooked places straight!

Today, instead of focusing on your problem, focus on your God. Focus on the fact that He is with you. Remember that He is walking with you, leading and guiding you to a place of peace and victory. No matter what has happened, He will take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it around for your good. He always leads us in victory. So keep moving forward knowing that He has a good plan for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, I come to You with an open and humble heart. I thank You for the victory that You have in store for me even when I can’t see it. I choose to trust You and Your goodness, knowing that You are faithful in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • He Knows How It Ends

Today’s Scripture
    "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done…"(Isaiah 46:10, NKJV)

Sometimes I will record a football game and watch it when I get home later. Most times, I already know how the game ends. I’ve talked to friends or watched the news. I know my team wins.

While I’m watching, I don’t get discouraged if my team falls behind. I don’t get uptight if it’s halftime and we still haven’t scored. I’m totally at peace. Why? I already know the outcome. The truth is that the further behind we fall, the more excited I am because that means a big comeback is on its way. I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen.

As believers, God has promised us victory. You may go through disappointments. At times, it seems like you’re far behind. But you’ve got to remind yourself, “God holds my future in the palm of His hand. He already knows the outcome. God never ends in defeat!” I’m going to come out of this better and stronger than ever before!

Remember, He knows how it ends, and it ends in peace, joy and victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, how awesome You are! Thank You for declaring victory over my life. I choose to trust Your Word, even when I don’t understand. I trust that You are good and that my end shall be in victory in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Prayer of Salvation

Most blessed Christ, I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation. No matter how weak or lowly I may feel, I will always remember your words: that those whom the earth despises — the stones that the builders rejected — have become the cornerstone of your church.

Let me be strong in faith and strong in your Spirit; for only by You, Lord Christ, may the gates of righteousness be opened to a sinner. I pray that I may be part of the foundation of your church on earth, and that by your grace, the gates of righteousness may be opened to me and to all who confess your holy name.
    Amen!
  • God's Value System

Today’s Scripture
    "Keep me as the apple of your eye…"(Psalm 17:8)

In this day and age, people are considered to be important for so many different reasons—titles, position, possessions, where you go, what you drive.
    But God’s value system is very different from the value system of the world. God cherishes and values you so much simply because He made you. You are His beloved creation—the apple of His eye; the center of His world!

If you’ve ever thought that God has too many other important things on His plate to be concerned with you and your life, know this today—you are God’s number one priority. There’s nothing you can do to be more important or less important to Him. He values you today, and your value will never change. You are significant. Your life is significant. The things that concern you, concern God. He carefully watches over every detail of your life, and there is nothing too big or too small for His attention.

Today, find peace and security in God’s love for you. Don’t be afraid to take your concerns and cares to Him. He loves it when you come to Him, and He’s ready to receive you with open arms because you are the apple of His eye!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for keeping me the apple of Your eye. I open my heart and mind to You and cast every care on You. I receive Your love for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Flourishing Finish

Today’s Scripture
    "For I know the thoughts and plans I have for you…to give you hope in your final outcome."(Jeremiah 29:11, AMPC)

God desires to see you flourish in this life. He wants to see you come out of setbacks stronger, wiser, increased and promoted. He wants to give you hope in your final outcome and see you come to a flourishing finish.

When my father died unexpectedly, all in our family was not well. We didn’t know how everything was going to turn out. We didn’t have all the answers, but we understood the principle that God never ends on a negative. Instead of getting stuck on that page, we just kept moving forward little by little, doing our best, being faithful, being good to people. When I look out today, I can see the faithfulness of God. I can say like David, “Look what the Lord has done!”

Remember, when you encounter adversity, know that God isn’t finished yet. He never ends on a negative. He has more in store for you if you will keep pressing forward. Don’t let your thoughts get stuck on the circumstances. Instead, lift up your eyes to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith. Trust that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and He will lead you into a flourishing finish!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I humbly come to You ready to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. I cast my cares on You. I cast my questions on You. I put my hope in You, knowing that You will bring me to a flourishing finish in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Prayer for Help with the Burdens of Life

Grant me, I pray, your divine helping grace; endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering and to you, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when you know it is for the best, you will deliver me from my troubles, and turn my distress into comfort, and I will rejoice in your mercy, and exalt and praise your Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
    Amen!
  • It’s No Surprise to God

Today's Scripture
    “But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph...”(2 Corinthians 2:14, AMP)

In life, we all have to deal with the unexpected. Just because we’re believers, just because we’re good people or doing the right thing doesn’t make us exempt from trouble.

The scripture says, “The rain falls on the just and the unjust.” In times when something unexpected happens, or you find yourself facing a crisis, you don’t have to go into “panic mode” or fall apart emotionally.

Remember, that crisis is no surprise to God. It may be unexpected to you, but God knows the end from the beginning. He has solutions to problems that you haven’t even had. He has equipped you for every battle, and He goes before you making your crooked places straight.

Today, focus on the fact that He is with you. Remember that He is walking with you and guiding you to a place of peace and victory. No matter what has happened, He will take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it around for your good! He always leads us in victory.

So keep moving forward, trusting in the good plan He has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    Heavenly Father, I come to You with an open and humble heart. I thank You for the victory that You have in store for me even when I can’t see it. I choose to trust You and Your goodness knowing that You are faithful in Jesus’ name. Amen.
  • Prayer for Fruits of the Spirit

O Lord Jesus Christ, give me a measure of your spirit, that I may be able to obey your teachings, to pacify anger, to pity the sinful, to moderate desire, to increase love, to put away sorrow, to cast aside pride in my accomplishments, not to be vindictive, not to fear death, always entrusting my spirit to Almighty God the Father, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, with no end.
    Amen!
  • For a Cheerful Disposition in All I Do Today

Holy God, who has filled me with the joy of your grace and salvation, assist me this day that I may do all things I am called to do without grumbling or disputing. I call on your Spirit to assist me, that I may be blameless and innocent, a child of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation.

Let me follow holy Christ and all his saints: Let me shine as a light, a beacon in a world where darkness seeks to overcome us in every thing and at every moment. And help me to hold fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ's return I may be proud that I did not strive in vain.
    I pray this not for my own glory, but in all humility before you, to whom be all glory and honor,
    Amen!
  • Switch Over

Today’s Scripture
    "Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines…yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation."(Habakkuk 3:17-18, NKJV)

We all face challenges and obstacles in this life. We all have dreams in our hearts, and at times, it looks like they’re not going to come to pass. During these difficult seasons, we have a choice. We can get negative and discouraged and talk about how things are not going to work out, or we can switch over into praise and thanksgiving which opens the door for God to move on our behalf.

A lot of times people think, “I’ll have a good attitude as soon as I get over this health issue.” “I’ll give God praise when I get through these tough times.” But that’s not how faith works.

As long as we’re negative, discouraged and focused on our problems, it limits what God can do. You’ve got to give God praise first, and then the breakthrough will come. You’ve got to change your focus first, and then things will change in your favor. Praise always precedes the victory.

Today, if you’ve been dwelling on the wrong things and focusing in the wrong direction, switch over into praise and thanksgiving. Begin to declare that God is good. Declare that He is faithful. Declare His praises and open the door to victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, today I humbly come before You, lifting You up and magnifying Your Holy Name. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I bless You and honor You for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen!"