Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Take Refuge in Him

Today’s Scripture
    “Taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!”(Psalm 34:8, ESV)

Where do you take refuge when the storms of life come? Where do you go for comfort and safety? Some people find it easy to turn to their friends, their job, or even a bowl of ice cream. There’s nothing wrong with any of those things, but God wants us to turn to Him first. He wants us to take refuge in Him. He longs to protect us, defend us and give us His strength. We serve a good God, and when we take refuge in Him, He will pour out His abundant blessing in our lives.

Taste and see that the Lord is good, and His promises are good. When you turn to God, the Bible promises that you will find rest and refuge for your soul. No matter what you may be facing today, come to the Father. He will give you His peace and strength as you take refuge in Him.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I open my heart to You. Thank You for Your peace and rest and for showing me Your hand of blessing as I take refuge in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • For the Holiness of the Church

Oh God my Father, who has always loved and protected your universal church, I pray that your Holy Spirit may fall upon all ministers, priests, pastors, bishops, and all who lead in churches; and upon all teachers of your holy Word.

Make them good and faithful stewards of your Holy Word, dear Lord. Bless them to lead us closer to you every day. Let them not be hypocrites in their actions, nor blinded by their personal bias to the truth of your teaching. Let them be strong against the pressures of the secular world, without compromise. Let them always strive for unity with all Christians, not pridefully dividing themselves from one another by the fallible doctrines of man. Raise them up, to peace and love and utter humility, that by their example your flock may be guided into the way of truth.
    Amen!
  • Keep Walking Through

Today’s Scripture
    “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me...”(Psalm 23:4, ESV)

Everyone faces challenges and difficulties in life. If you are going through a valley today, know that you are not alone. God is with you! He is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and He will carry you through.

Remember, your challenges didn’t come to stay; they came to pass. Don’t get stuck in the valley by allowing your setbacks to become the focus of your life. Jesus endured the pain of the cross for the joy that was set before Him, and when you focus on your victory, you will be able to keep walking through your valley, too!

Shake off bitterness and self-pity today and be determined to press forward. With God on your side, no weapon formed against you shall prosper. As you keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, your challenges will become easier, and you will move forward and live the life of victory God has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for giving me strength during the difficult times. I trust that You are with me today, and I choose to focus on the victory You have in store in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray,
    Amen!
  • Seeing What Is Unseen

Today’s Scripture
    “We do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.”(2 Corinthians 4:18, NKJV)

God wants you to focus on the good things He has for you, which are far greater than the things you can see around you. Unfortunately, too many people give up when they face tough times. They stop expecting anything good to happen. But the truth is, hardships and trials are really opportunities for you to go higher. Whatever struggles you’re going through right now, no matter how large or small...they are subject to change.

God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Your health may not look very good today, but it’s subject to change. You may be out of work today, but that’s subject to change. Your finances may look dismal today, but that’s subject to change! You may be struggling in your relationships or marriage, but that’s subject to change too! No matter what your circumstances might be...you can experience real positive change when you look to God.

A Prayer for Today
    God, it’s so exciting to realize that the hard circumstances in my life are subject to change. Help me to keep on trusting You as You work out Your good purposes in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
  • Prayer for Mercy

Holy God, Lord most gracious!
    Rebuke me not in your anger, nor chasten me in your wrath!
    Holy you have called us to come to you.

I feel unworthy, for I have failed you again and again.
    I feel like running away, yet you keep calling me.
    Have mercy on me and my fellow believers, O God.
    Have mercy!

Holy God, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    have mercy on me for the sake of your Son,
    who died to free us from our sins.

To you be honor and glory!
    Amen!
  • Saying What David Said

Today’s Scripture
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."(Psalm 139:14, NIV)

“I’m God’s masterpiece. I’m wonderfully made. I’m talented. I’m original. God has given me everything that I need.”

That’s what David was saying in Psalm 139. He praised God for making him in an amazing way and declared that what God had done was wonderful. Is that how you started your day?

Most people think they are being humble by putting themselves down. They say, “Oh, I’m not that talented. It was no big deal.”

But really, we should be bold like David and say, “I’m amazing. I’m a masterpiece. God made me, and He doesn’t make junk! I am equipped, I am empowered, and I am talented!”

Today, make the decision to stop putting yourself down; stop focusing on your flaws and comparing yourself to others. Your Creator says “you are a masterpiece.” It’s time to get in agreement with God and realize how much He loves you. It’s time to realize how special you are. Make the shift by changing your words and start by saying what David said!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I do praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Thank You for equipping me for every good work. Thank You for showing me Your love in a new way as I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Nasa Found That Everything The Bible Says Is True

A recent discovery by NASA sheds new light on what the Bible says, thus confirming that these biblical stories are in fact true.

According to Mr. Harold Hill, the President of the Curtis engine Company in Baltimore, also a consultant in space programs:

“One of the most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland”.

As scientists were inspecting the positions of several space objects including the Sun, the Moon and the planets and their positions in 100 and 1000 years – this is done regularly in order to prevent our satellites from colliding with the orbits of the planets.

The orbits have to be determined on time so that the space projects do not interrupt their course. During the computer calculations, a red signal put everything at a standstill, meaning that something was wrong, either with the data or the results. After the intervention of the service department, the scientist concluded that somewhere in space a day was missing in elapsed time!

Nobody could solve the issue until one Christian explained that in Sunday school they were told about the Sun standing still. Of course, no one believed, but when the man took the Bible, he opened the book of Joshua and a pretty absurd statement made a lot of sense.

They read the passage when God said to Joshua: “Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not be a man of them stand before thee.” (Joshua 10:8).

Joshua was worried because he was surrounded by the enemy, and if darkness fell, he’d be conquered. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still!

That’s right – “And the sun stood still and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is this not written in the book of Ja’-sher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven and hastened not to go down about a whole day.” (Joshua 10:13).

The scientists soon concluded that this was the missing day. They examined the computer calculations and found that the time missing was in fact 23 hours and 20 minutes, which doesn’t make a full day like in the book of Joshua.

After reading the Bible again, they saw that it said “about (approximately) a day.” Although the Bible was true, they were still missing 40 minutes which had to be accounted for, because if not, it could create problems 1,000 years from now.

The Christian then remembered something in the Bible which said that the Sun went backwards. No one believed again, but then they opened the Bible and were proved wrong.

Hezekiah was visited on his deathbed by Isaiah the prophet, who told him that it’s not his time yet. Hezekiah asked for a sign, and Isaiah asked if the Sun would go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees? Hezekiah answered: “It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees; nay, but let the shadow return backwards ten degrees.”

“And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the Lord, and He brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.”

10 degrees equals 40 minutes!

The 23 hours and 20 minutes from Joshua and the 10 degrees (40 minutes) in the 2 kings accounted for the missing day!

http://www.faithpanda.com/nasa-found-that-everything-the-bible-says-is-true/
  • For God’s Holy Church

Father of mercy, your love embraces everyone, and through the Resurrection of your Son you call me and all the members of your church into your wonderful light. Dispel our darkness and make us a people with one heart and one voice, forever singing your praise, in Jesus, the Christ, our Lord.
    Amen!
  • Your Ever-Present Help

Today’s Scripture
    "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."(Psalm 46:1, NIV)

God is always with you. That means He is present at all times - continually, perpetually, throughout all time. In your day of trouble, He promises to be a help to you. How is He your help? “Help” means something different to each person. That’s because “help” is specific to your need. If you need money to pay your bills, a chocolate cake isn’t going to be much help! But we serve a God who is very specific. And because He is always with you, He always knows exactly what you need and is always ready to provide it!

Today, are you facing trouble or adversity? Know that God is with you. Look to Him for help. Trust that He has the answer, and that He is working things out in your favor. As you continue to believe Him and follow His direction, He will lead you in the way that you should go. He will comfort you, revive you, restore you and bless you! He will be your ever-present help because He is forever faithful to His Word!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Glory to God

O Glorious God, I see Your heavens resplendent with stars. How glorious You are, radiant with light! Eternity watches me by the rays of the distant stars. I am small, insignificant, but You are at my side. Your right arm guides me wherever I go.
    Glory to You, ceaselessly watching over me;
    Glory to You for the encounters You arrange for me;
    Glory to You for the love of parents, for the faithfulness of friends;
    Glory to You for the humbleness of the animals which serve me;
    Glory to You for the unforgettable moments of life;
    Glory to You for the heart's innocent joy;
    Glory to You for the joy of living,
    Moving and being able to return Your love.
    Glory to You, O God, from age to age,
    Amen!
  • True Comfort

Today’s Scripture
    "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you…"(Isaiah 66:13, NIV)

Oftentimes when people face challenges, their natural tendency is to seek comfort in things that are familiar. It may be work, an activity or relationships; and of course, we all know about “comfort food.” But those things only bring temporary comfort. True comfort is only found in a relationship with Jesus.

According to Webster’s dictionary, comfort means to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength, hope and confidence. Turn to Him. Receive His love. Let go of things that would hold you back. Let Him heal your heart and give you strength for the future. Let Him empower you to rise up and overcome every obstacle in Jesus’ name!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your comfort and strength and empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have planned for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • File it Away

Today’s Scripture
    "Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me."
    (Psalm 131:1, NKJV)

When things happen in your life that you don’t plan, do you find yourself trying to reason it all out or look for a “file,” so to speak, in your mind to put it in? What happens when you can’t reason it out or make sense of it all?

Here’s the answer: Every one of us needs to create a file in our thinking called the “I Don’t Understand It” file. When things come up that don’t make sense, things that you can’t figure out, instead of getting frustrated or confused, put it in your “I Don’t Understand It” file and leave it alone. If you go through life trying to figure out why something bad happened or why things didn’t work out, it will cause you to become bitter and stuck in life. Part of trusting God means trusting Him when things don’t make sense because we know that His plan is always for good. We have to know that He will reveal all things in His time—even if that means in eternity.

Is there something that didn’t make sense in 2017 that you know you need to file away? Choose to trust God. Choose to keep moving forward. Know that He loves you, He is for you, and He has a great plan for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I surrender my past. I surrender my need to have all the answers, and I choose to trust You. Fill me with Your peace. Fill me with Your grace and compassion as I press forward into the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Today

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
    Amen!
  • He Wants to Surprise You

Today’s Scripture
    "If you will listen diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you...all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…"(Deuteronomy 28:1-2, AMPC)

A surprise is simply something good that you weren’t really expecting. It’s something that makes you feel special and lets you know that someone is thinking about you. Surprises bring us joy and lift our hearts. Your heavenly Father wants to surprise you and overtake you with His goodness. He wants to do things that make your life easier and lets you know how much He loves you.

The word “overtake” can also be translated “to catch by surprise.” Your heavenly Father longs to be good to you—He wants to catch you by surprise! He wants to help you accomplish your dreams and overcome your obstacles. He wants to amaze you with His goodness and mercy. We should wake up every morning with the attitude, “I can’t wait to see what God is going to do today!”

Make room in your heart and mind for what God wants to do in your life today. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. As you do, you’ll see His surprises. You’ll see His hand of blessing overtake you and bring you to new levels in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, I open my heart and mind to You right now. Fill me with Your goodness and overtake me with Your blessings. I honor You today and invite You to use me to be a blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Set Your Heart at Peace

Today’s Scripture
    "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."(Proverbs 14:30, NIV)

It’s so easy to let the pressures and distractions of life pull our thoughts away from the Father. It doesn’t take long before we are so focused on earthly things that we feel overwhelmed and all stressed out. But we weren’t meant to live anxious about life; we were meant to live in peace.

Did you know the best thing you can do for health is to set your heart at peace with God? Peace isn’t just a feeling, it’s a powerful position. Peace literally means “to set at one again.” In other words, we can be settled in our minds and hearts when we are in alignment with the Word of God. It is a position of life, strength and confidence!

Today, choose to keep your heart at peace by staying focused on God the Father. Give life to your body by staying in agreement with Him. Let His peace guard your heart so that you can be equipped to live the abundant life He has promised to you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my soul. I praise You because You are the Prince of Peace, and You give peace to my heart and mind. I choose to stay focused on You today. Thank You for guiding my every step in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • TYL for guiding and providing me a new job! Amen!
  • For Patience in Time of Suffering

Heavenly Lord, who brings the rain upon the parched earth, that our crops might feed us, and in due time makes the sun to break through the raging storm: I pray for an end to my suffering; and until that day may come, I pray, teach me patience and fortitude in my affliction. Establish my heart in you, that your strength may sustain me through my trials. Comfort me with the knowledge of the glorious life to come, and fill me with confidence in the victory of your Son, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray,
    Amen!
  • Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord.
    Amen!
  • Giant Slayer

Today’s Scripture
    “A man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men.”(Proverbs 18:16, NASB)

When people hear the story of David and Goliath, sometimes they think, “That was all God.” And yes, in a sense, it was all God; but God didn’t sling the stone. David had a role to play, too. God gave David the skill that he had to develop in order to be prepared for that defining moment.

Like David, God has put skills inside of you so that you can slay the giants in your life. You have the skills that can open new doors, skills that can lead to an abundant life, but the key is that the skills have to be developed. Every day that you spend growing, learning and improving, you’re getting prepared for that new level.

Today, while you’re waiting for that new opportunity, start sharpening your skills. Study your boss. Study your manager. Learn that position. Be able to step into their shoes. When God sees that you are prepared, then He can open new doors. The scripture says, “Your gifts will make room for you.” Keep developing your skills because there is a giant slayer in you!

A Prayer for Today
    Father, thank You for depositing in me everything that I need for victory in my life. I choose to be faithful. I choose to sharpen my skills. Help me be prepared for every opportunity You have for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.
  • Heal My Spirit

Heal me, oh Lord. Heal me in my body, for it is broken and pained from the afflictions of sin.

Heal me in my mind, for it is filled with love for the things of the world, and I suffer for my disobedience to you.

Heal me in my words, for they escape my lips in vain.

Heal me in my heart, for I too often judge others, resent others, grow angry and nurse my grievances.

Heal me in my life. Like a stupid and headstrong sheep, I have wandered from your path until I became lost in the desert of pride.

And above all, I implore you: Heal me in my spirit.

I am battle-ravaged by my sin, sick by my own will. The pure spirit you gave me is wreckage and rubble. I regret every abuse of your gifts.

Forgive me, dear Christ, and replenish me with your infinite mercy, with your pure, clear, perfect love, until I am restored to the perfect beauty and peace of soul that can be found only by your grace.
    Amen!
  • Post deleted #12050694
  • Before You Were Born

Today’s Scripture
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you…"(Jeremiah 1:5, AMPC)

Did you know that God was thinking about you before you were ever born? He knew everything about you before you were in your mother’s womb. He created you on purpose, for a purpose. He carefully planned who you would be, the color of your hair, and the color of your eyes and skin. He gave you gifts, talents and abilities to be used for His glory. He took one look at you and said, “Approved.”

No matter how you may be feeling right now, no matter who’s approval you didn’t get on this earth, know that Almighty God loves you and approves of you today. There’s nothing you can do now or ever to change that. You may be thinking, “I’ve made so many mistakes, how can God approve of me?” Understand that when God sees you, He separates you from your behavior. He may not approve of your actions all the time, but He desires to help you grow and make better choices.

Today, receive His love and acceptance. Allow Him to work in your life. Allow His love to empower and strengthen you because you are approved and equipped to live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for approving me and empowering me by Your love. I open my heart and mind to Your truth and invite You to have Your way in my life. Remove anything that would hold me back from all You have in store in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • For Understanding Truth

Lord God, let me not put my trust in the words of men, for their minds are weak and their tongues are tainted by the world; but let me test everything having to do with faith against our only true teacher, Jesus Christ, and the true Word of God that was inspired through the Holy Spirit.
    Amen!
  • Accept His Timing

Today’s Scripture
    "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."(Galatians 6:9, NKJV)

I’d love to tell you that if you stay in faith, if you believe, then God will always answer your prayer within 24 hours, or at least within the first week. But we know that’s not reality. God promises He will be true to His word, but He never puts a time frame on it. In fact, He tells us that we need patience to see the promises come to pass. Sure, it would be a lot easier if God told us when we were going to get well, when we would meet the right person, or when our child would straighten up. But the truth is, that wouldn’t take any faith. It takes faith to say, “God, I don’t know when You are going to do it, but I trust You enough to believe that You will do it, that the answer is already in my future.”

Today and every day let this be your prayer: “God, give me the grace to accept Your timing.” That means you’re asking for God’s strength, His supernatural empowerment to stand strong while you are waiting. Choose to keep believing, choose to praise Him, and choose to accept His timing knowing that He is faithful and has untold blessings in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your hand of favor, blessing and mercy on my life. You are good and faithful. Because of that, I trust You. I trust Your love, and I trust Your timing in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Renewal

Lord, I am one of your people, the sheep of your flock. I pray for you to heal those who are wounded; touch those who are in pain; clean those who are soiled; warm those who are cold; help me to know the Father's love through Jesus the shepherd, and through the Spirit.

Help me to lift up that love, and show it all over this land. Help me to build love on justice and justice on love. Help me to believe mightily, hope joyfully, and love divinely. Renew me that I may help renew the face of the earth.

Amen!
  • The Best Time

Today’s Scripture
    "The vision is yet for an appointed time…"(Habakkuk 2:3, NKJV)

The Scripture says, “The vision is for an appointed time.” That means there is a specific time already determined for the fulfillment of the desires God has placed in your heart. The appointed time is the best time! We have to trust that God can see the big picture for our lives. He knows what’s up ahead. He knows what we’re going to need, who we’re going to need, and when they need to show up. If God did everything we ask on our timetable, it would limit us because sometimes what we’re asking for is too small. Sometimes the person we think we can’t live without, God knows in ten years they’re not going to be good for us. So He is closing the door right now. Sometimes the promotion we want so badly, if God gave it to us right now, He knows it would keep us from a much bigger promotion that He has three years down the road.

Remember, God has the advantage of seeing it all. The longer I live, the more I trust Him. The more I see His hand of faithfulness, the more I know that His plan is better than my plan. Today, trust that He knows what He’s doing. Trust that He has an appointed time, and it is the best time to bring to pass His promises in your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I put my dreams, desires, hopes and longings into Your loving hands. I trust that the vision You have given me is for an appointed time. I know Your timing is best so I will praise You until I see the promise in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love.
    Amen!

From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.
  • In All Circumstances

Today’s Scripture
    "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."(1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV)

Are you giving thanks in every circumstance? This might seem like a stretch at first, especially when you are going through a season of difficulty. But notice today’s verse doesn’t say to give thanks “for” everything, it says give thanks “in” everything. In other words, no matter what’s going on, find something to be thankful for. Don’t just focus on what’s wrong in your life; focus on what God will do in your life.

When you are thankful, it opens the door for God to move on your behalf. That’s why it says “this is God’s will for you.” He wants you to be close to Him to receive His strength and power by giving thanks. That’s why we should always have the attitude that says, “God, in spite of what’s happened, I choose to be grateful. I may be sick, but Father, thank You for being my healer. Thank You for giving me great friends and family.” Or, “I may be struggling in my marriage, but God, thank You for being my restorer. Thank You for giving me another sunrise.” As you give thanks in everything, you will see God’s hand move mightily on your behalf, and you’ll come out of that difficulty better, stronger and wiser than before.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, today I choose to give You thanks in all things! I know that You are a good God, and You have good plans in store for my future. I bless You and thank You for another day to sing Your praise in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • lol