Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• To Help Others with Their Faith

Lord, I am so full of doubt and sin that I sometimes forget: There is always someone weaker in their faith than I am, some brother or sister whom I can help, someone I can support and lift up in their journey. I pray that I might be aware that my fellow saints may need encouragement and that I be qualified to give it. Let me not be critical or judgmental, but supportive and helpful to those struggling.

And I pray, let me always remember that someone might be hiding a struggle, a fear, a sorrow; let me offer words of encouragement and support freely. Let me remember that there are people who hide their insecurity behind a wall of serenity, or defensiveness, or even antagonism, to whom a word of support might make a world of difference.

In Christ’s name, I pray,

Amen!
  • Normal Heroes

Today’s Scripture
    "...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."(Matthew 17:20, NIV)

Great Bible characters didn't live a life of great exploits every day. They lived most of their lives the same way you do, taking care of the day-to-day things. Take the life of Noah, for instance. It must have been a great day for Noah when the rain finally started falling and his family raced onto the ark. And it was probably the high point of Noah's life when God brought him and his family safely to dry ground after months on the ark.

But compared to the 120 long years it took Noah to build the ark, these brief chapters in his life were almost nothing. Noah had to keep his faith strong through all of those ordinary days while building the ark so that when God was ready to do something great through him, Noah was ready, too.
    What does God want to do through you? Being faithful today is another step toward discovering His best.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You for the examples of heroes in the Bible. Help me to be faithful in the things You have given me to do today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind.

Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me.

Amen!
  • Don’t let small things hold you back

Today’s Scripture
    "Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyards are in blossom."(Song of Solomon 2:15, ESV)

Oftentimes, it’s not big things that hold us back; it’s small things — especially in our finances. A few dollars a day on coffee quickly turns into hundreds. Too many credit cards become overwhelming to keep up with. That person who hasn’t balanced their checkbook in two years probably hears a little voice every time they go to write a check, “Get your finances in order.”

We have to realize that if we’re not faithful with what we have, God won’t entrust us with more. One lady told me how she hadn’t balanced her checkbook in so long that she just closed the account and opened up a brand new one. At least she took action!

I have people tell me all the time, “I’m going to start giving. I’m going to start tithing my income as soon as I make more money.” No, don’t wait until you have $1,000. Tithe on the $10 you have right now. Don’t let the little foxes spoil your finances. Don’t let another day go by without obeying God. When you set your finances in order, when you put God first in all you do, you are opening the door for His blessing. He says when we are faithful with the little, God will make us ruler over much!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, today I choose to be obedient. I don’t want to let little foxes affect my finances. I dedicate my resources to You. Speak to my heart and show me where to give. I choose to be a faithful sower and expect to reap an abundant harvest by Your Word in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you.

Amen!
  • Dear Lord Jesus, please always take good care of Felizardo Vicente O. Articona and Nica Mae P. Orcales. AMEN
  • Dear Lord Jesus, please always take good care of Felizardo Vicente O. Articona and Nica Mae P. Orcales. AMEN
  • Be Yourself

Today’s Scripture
    "Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith."(Romans 12:6, NASB)

The key to living a happy, fulfilling, satisfied life is really very simple. Just be the person God made you to be and have the courage to do what God called you to do. He has a unique and individual plan for your life, and the way to becoming a champion for God is to discover that plan and follow it wherever it may lead.

But because you are human, it's easy for you to get distracted -- many times because you're trying too hard to please other people. Of course, there are legitimate demands on your time that must be met. The good news is that these things don't have to thwart God's plans for you. Just make it your desire to follow and please Him, and you won't be thrown off the path by life's demands and distractions.

A Prayer for Today
    "Lord, please help me today to use the abilities and gifts You have given me to honor You. Thank You for not expecting me to try and be someone other than the person You made me to be in Jesus' name. Amen"
  • Prayer for Renewal

As I start this day, oh Lord, I wonder: How will this day be different from any other day? Has my faith in you grown into a stale routine, or will I grow this day, closer to you than I have ever been?

Shake me up, Holy God! Rattle the door of my cage, set off my smoke detector, ring my doorbell until I answer the door! Let me read your Word until something new sinks in; let me pray until I hear your voice, until all smugness has given way to gratitude. By the power of your Holy Spirit, renew me afresh in your Word and power, today and every day, energizing me in your great commission. In Christ’s name, I pray.

Amen!
  • He Has Mercy

Today’s Scripture
    "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."(Galatians 6:7)

Have you ever looked at a large, old tree and wondered how long it has been there? The thing to remember when you see a tree like this is that at one time, it was merely a little seed.

Just like a mighty oak tree, if you want to grow tall and strong in your faith, you must plant the good seeds of faith in your thought life through your words and water them by meditating on them so that you may reap a great harvest! Farmers may get discouraged sometimes, but they know that if they want good results, they must keep planting and watering the good seeds. Day after day, even when nothing is happening at the surface, the farmer keeps taking care of those seeds because he knows it's only a matter of time until the harvest.

This is true of you as well. Keep planting the seeds of faith and declaring what God says about you in His Word, and you'll see growth and an abundant harvest.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, You have given me the formula for success in the Bible. I pray today for the ability to keep planting seeds of faith even when I may not see any results. In Jesus' Name. Amen."
  • Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,
    You are the One I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with me in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word me Lord. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from my body.

Dear Lord, I ask you to turn this weakness into strength, suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for others. May I always trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of this suffering. Let me be filled with patience and joy in your presence as I wait for your healing touch.

Please restore me to full health, dear Father. Remove all fear and doubt from his heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through my life.

As you heal and renew me, Lord, may I bless and praise you.

All of this I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen!
  • For the Day's Work

O God, who orders all things in heaven and earth: Help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that I am your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all I do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ, our Lord,

Amen!
  • How Do You Honor God?

Today’s Scripture
    "Remind people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready and willing to do good."(Titus 3:1, AMP)

What do you do to honor God? A lot of times people think, “I go to church to honor God. I read my Bible to honor God. I sing and clap in worship to honor God.”

And yes, those are ways to honor God, but did you know that you honor God just as much when you get to work on time? You honor God when you are productive each day and honor the people in authority over you. You honor God when you excel in your career.

Actions speak louder than words. When you give your very best in the workplace, your whole life is giving praise to God. Showing up with a good attitude, being friendly, organized, just being your best—people will notice there’s something different about you. They’ll want what you have.

As believers, we should set the standard in all areas of life. People should see the depth of your character and your spirit of excellence and know that you are a child of the Most High God. Make the decision to honor Him in all that you do because You are His representative in the earth today!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, I choose to honor You in all that I do. I choose to set the standard and do my very best. Thank You for the privilege to be Your representative. Help me to show Your love and excellence in everything I do. I love You and bless You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • O' God, please bless and take good care of Felizardo Vicente O. Articona and Nica Mae P. Orcales. Amen
  • O' God, please bless and take good care of Felizardo Vicente O. Articona and Nica Mae P. Orcales. Amen
  • Prayer for Personal Conduct (from 1 Timothy)

Lord God, I pray that this day my conduct will be like that you have set for your clergy: Above reproach. May I be this day temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, and not violent, but gentle. May I never be quarrelsome, always seeking peace even in disagreement, and may my love be for you and my fellow man, not for money.

I pray that I manage my own household well. If I have any children in my charge, I pray to that I may take the time to see that they are in control and behaving with proper respect. Grant me a good reputation with outsiders, so that I will not fall into disgrace and the snare of the devil. This I pray through my Lord Christ, whose love and attention ever gave us an example of conduct,

Amen!
  • Choose Worship Over Worry

Today’s Scripture
    "...For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you."(2 Chronicles 20:12, NIV)

You can't worry and worship at the same time. When the devil brings you thoughts of worry, anxiety and fear, don't believe them! Instead, let those thoughts be a reminder to you to thank God that the answer is on the way!

That's what King Jehoshaphat did. The people of Judah were surrounded by three major armies. It didn't look as though they had a chance. This godly king was probably bombarded with thoughts of fear and anxiety. But he gathered the people together, lifted his eyes toward heaven, and prayed the simple prayer in today's verse. Jehoshaphat's prayer was answered. God told the people to march right into the enemy's camp, singing and shouting praises on their way.

Notice, they weren't worrying—they were worshiping—and God delivered them. Today, choose worship over worry and move forward into victory!

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You for Your forgiveness. I know that I don't deserve it, but I praise You for faithfully forgiving me. Help me to clear any roadblocks in my path by forgiving others, even as You forgive me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."
  • Prayer for God's Gifts

Oh Lord and Master of my life, take away from me the spirit of laziness, cowardliness, lust for power, and malicious and idle speech. But rather give me, throughout the day to come, an ample spirit of vitality and force in your service, to the benefit of your glory and the good of my fellow man. Let me act in humility, patience, and decency at all times, seeing my own error and overlooking the faults of others; and let me always know the presence of your Holy Spirit, to remind me of what I have asked, in the name of my savior Jesus Christ,

Amen!
  • Take Time to Reflect

Today’s Scripture
    "...he leads me beside quiet waters."(Psalm 23:2, NIV)

If you've ever said to yourself, "I don't even have time to think," then you know how hard it is to concentrate when you're being bombarded with noise from all sides. It can be even harder to hold on to peace when we don't make time to read His Word. God doesn't often shout to get our attention.
    Instead, the Bible says that He speaks in "a still, small voice" (1 Kings 19:12), which means we need to listen closely. What can you do to put yourself in a position to hear God's voice?

The key is to make time every day away from the busyness and distractions. Find a room in your house, outside under the trees, or some other place where you can be still for a few minutes each day to spend time with Him. As you spend time with Him, He will renew your spirit and restore your peace.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, I want to find those quiet waters of peace where I can get alone with You every day and meditate on You. Thank You for wanting to speak to my heart and show me Your will. In Jesus' Name. Amen."