Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Too Busy For Joy

Today’s Scripture
    "Then God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it..."(Genesis 1:28, NLT)

Are you missing out on the joys of life because you are too busy? God called you to be fruitful; He never called you to be busy. Don't get activity mixed up with productivity. Just because you are on the go and always doing things doesn't necessarily mean that you're fulfilling God's best plan for your life.

All work and no play is not healthy. Ask the Lord to show you which areas need to be cut back and which areas need more focus. Ask Him to show you which relationships to let go of and which relationships to develop in your life. Stop allowing the unproductive areas of your life to consume all of your time, focus, and energy.

As you make adjustments to bring balance to your schedule, you will have room for the activities and relationships that bring you joy and peace.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, order my steps today. Help me to prioritize and to focus on those things that honor You and fulfill Your plan for my life. There may be relationships, commitments, and activities that I have to let go of; give me the courage to do so. I want to slow down, restore balance, and experience more joy in my life in Jesus' name. Amen"
  • Prayer for Peace

I thank you, Master and Lover of mankind, King of the ages and giver of all good things, for destroying the dividing wall of enmity and granting peace to those who seek your mercy. I appeal to you to awaken the longing for a peaceful life in all those who are filled with hatred for their neighbors, thinking especially of those at war or preparing for war.

Grant peace to your servants. Implant in them the fear of you and confirm in them love one for another. Extinguish every dispute and banish all temptations to disagreement. For you are our peace and to you we ascribe glory: to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and forever and unto ages of ages.

I pray, Lord our God, for all those who suffer from acts of war. I pray for your peace and your mercy in the midst of the great suffering that people are now inflicting on each other. Accept the prayers of your Church, so that by your goodness peace may return to all peoples. Hear us and have mercy on us.

Amen!
  • You Were Not an Accident

Today’s Scripture
    "I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb..."(Jeremiah 1:5, NLT)

God knew you before you were even born. What an amazing thought! He saw your unformed substance and said, “I have a purpose for this life. I have good plans for them!” Then He breathed His life into you and sent you through your mother and father.

They may have had issues, but that doesn’t have to stop you from becoming all that God intended for you to be. You have been handpicked by Almighty God to be here at this time in history! Sometimes we hear parents say, “We weren’t expecting this child. They were a surprise. They were an accident.”

No, that child may have been a surprise to the parents, but they weren’t a surprise to Almighty God. No child can be born without God breathing His life into them. You may think, “Well, I was unwanted. I was an unplanned pregnancy.” No, you wouldn’t be here if God didn’t give life to your seed.

In God’s eyes, there is no such thing as being illegitimate. Remember, He knew you before you were ever born! Find confidence in His love knowing that you are a person of destiny, and you are part of His mighty plan!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for choosing me before I was ever born. Thank You for knowing me and revealing Yourself to me. I trust that You are working in my life today, even when I can't see it. I stand in faith knowing that You have a mighty plan for me in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Morning

Father, as I face this new day, let me be aware of the work you have done for me as I slept. I praise you that your loving care never slumbers, but has been with me while I was least aware of it; and that you renew me and the whole world, fresh every day, preparing your plans for me.

I pray that I may seek your will this day, your plan for my life, and carry out your plan in my every action. I lay my hopes and fears on an altar before you, that your Holy Spirit may guide my hopes toward the light of your holiness, and may quiet my fears with the knowledge of your infinite peace, in total confidence that your grace will save me from the evils of this world. In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen!
  • Enter His Rest

Today’s Scripture
    "For we who have believed do enter that rest…"(Hebrews 4:3, NKJV)

God promises that there are set times in our future, but He doesn’t tell us when they will be. Your set time may be tomorrow morning at 9:47. You’ll get the phone call you’ve been waiting for. Your set time may be two years from now. You’ll get a good break and that will thrust you to a new level. My question is, “Do you trust God enough to believe that your set times are coming?” Are you willing to wait with a good attitude? Are you willing to get a new perspective?

Remember, that set time is already in your future. Don’t let the negative thoughts talk you out of it. The way you know that you’re really believing is that you have rest on the inside. You’re at peace. You know the answer is on the way. You trust that God is working things out. Today put your faith and trust in Him and enter into rest. Know that He is good, and He is for you! Your set time of favor is on the way!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I choose to enter into rest. I choose to trust You. I choose to put my faith and hope in You knowing that You are good and that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Save Me Lord

My Savior, do you invite me to share in the glory of the resurrection? Stay with me as I struggle to see how accepting the crosses of my life will free me from the power of the one who wants only to destroy my love and trust in you. Help me to be humble and accepting like your son, Jesus. I want to turn to you with the same trust he had in your love. Save me, Lord. Only you can save me.

Amen!
  • Beauty For Ashes

Today’s Scripture
    "...Give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes..."(Isaiah 61:3, MSG)

Ashes represent what's left over when everything is burned up. These ashes represent your broken dreams, your disappointments, your hurts and your pains. We all have our share of ashes.

God wants to give you beauty for ashes, but an exchange must occur. You can't hold on to your ashes and receive something beautiful. You have to lay aside the ashes and accept the bouquets of roses God has for you. If you’re going to see the beauty, you have to shake off the ashes of self-pity. You have to shake off the discouragement. We all have wounds, but He wants you to be the victor, not the victim!

Make a decision to let go of the ashes of the past and grasp the "roses" God has for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You for promising to sweep away the ashes of my past and give me something beautiful in their place. I choose to give them up to You and receive Your healing and restoration in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to be Free of Anger

Lord Christ, you taught us that anger with our brethren is a violation of your law, that it condemns us just as murder condemns us. Let me see clearly that anger is moral filth, as your servant James taught us. And yet, anger arises in my mind. [Pause to remember occasions when you have been angry recently.] I repent my anger, and ask that I be forgiven for this sin, by my faith in you.

Holy Spirit, be with me now and help me to recognize my anger instead of denying it. Teach me to forgive each and every act that makes me angry. Where I have been directly offended, grant me the spirit of forgiveness; where I have become angry over things I have seen other people do or heard them say, imbue me with such a powerful sense of acceptance that my anger will disappear. Let me remember always, Holy God, that I am not in charge of the world; You are. Give me total faith that you know what you are doing.

I pray not to live with suppressed anger, nor to deceive myself by denying my anger when I have merely suppressed it, but let it be utterly abolished within me. Grant me to live in love and peace, as my Savior did and taught us to do. Let my anger be crucified, I pray in your name, Lord Christ,

Amen!
  • Walking Through the Storm

Today’s Scripture
    “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”(Psalm 23:4, ESV)

Everyone faces storms in life where unexpected circumstances shake us emotionally or spiritually. Sometimes we have the faith to be delivered from the storms instantly; sometimes we have the faith to walk through the storms. But no matter which route you take, you can be sure that God is right there with you. He will equip you and sustain you. He will give you the grace, the supernatural empowerment, to make it through.

Today, maybe you are facing a storm and can’t quite see a way out. Maybe you’re not sure what the answer is. All you have to do is take it one step at a time by saying, “God, I know You have a good plan for my future. I know You are leading and guiding me.”

With every step you take, know that God is doing a work in your life. Know that He is with you, and He will comfort you. Keep moving forward and walk through the storm to the place of victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for walking with me through every season of life. I thank You for being a shield of protection around me, for going before me and preparing the way. Keep me close to You and give me strength as I move forward into the victory You have for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.”
  • Emphasize The Positive

Today’s Scripture
    "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning."(James 1:17, NKJV)

God is the provider of every good and perfect gift. Although you may have some obstacles in your path right now, thank the Lord for the strength He gives you to overcome them. Thank God continually for all of the gifts He showers on you, both big and small. If you wrote down all your blessings, you would fill up every piece of paper that you own, and then some! Instead of focusing on the parts of your life that are not going as planned, choose to focus on the good things that God has put in your life. Remember, God can take what is broken and make it whole again.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, help me to keep my focus on the many blessings you shower into my life every day. Thank You for giving me every good and perfect gift! In Jesus' Name - Amen."
  • Prayer of Thanks and Blessings

Father, Thank You for each and every day You have blessed us here on earth.
    Thank You for Your tender mercies.
    Thank You for giving us friends and family to share joys and sorrows with.
    I ask You to bless my friends, relatives, brothers and sisters in Christ and
    those I care deeply for, and especially those who are praying with me right now.

Where there is joy, give them continued joy.
    Where there is pain or sorrow, give them your peace and mercy.
    Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence.
    Where there is need, fulfill their needs.
    Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings.
    In Jesus' name,

Amen!
  • Dedication (from St. Teresa of Avila)

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want.

Amen!
  • Nothing Can Separate You from God's Love

Today’s Scripture
    "And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love..."(Romans 8:38, NLT)

No matter how many weaknesses you think you have, you are very special to God! You are beautifully, wonderfully and uniquely made, and you need to celebrate His handiwork in you!

Too many times, people compare their lives to others rather than looking to God's promises and celebrating what God has given them. Worrying about your weaknesses will distract you and keep you from fulfilling your destiny. Don’t waste your time looking back, reliving what you did.

You may be saying, "You just don't know how I've lived. You mean to say I'm not supposed to feel guilty and condemned? That I don't need to pay God back for all my mistakes by going around feeling bad about myself?"

Yes, that is exactly right! Jesus came so you can be forgiven and have an abundant life. So begin seeing yourself today as God sees you.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You for loving me unconditionally without holding my sins against me. Give me the power to stay on track and fulfill my destiny for this day and every day."
  • Prayer of St. Chrysostom

Almighty God, Who has given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplications unto thee and does promise that when two or three are gathered together in Thy name you will grant their requests; fulfill now, O Lord, the desires and petitions of your servants, as may be most expedient for them; granting us in this world knowledge of your truth, and in the world to come life everlasting,

Amen!
  • You Are A Champion!

Today’s Scripture
    "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."(Matthew 19:26, NIV)

Conquerors don't give up when they lose ground. They march forward with confidence knowing that they will claim victory. It should be the same with us in our daily lives. The Bible says you don't have to worry—you are an overcomer in Christ!

When worry comes against us, we can choose not to dwell on those negative thoughts. Like changing TV channels, you can change the channel in your mind from thoughts of defeat to thoughts of victory. Instead of dreading what could go wrong, meditate on God’s promises. Declare His word, “I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.” The Holy Spirit lives in you and is fighting your spiritual battles for you.

As soon as you pray, the tide of the battle begins to turn! That's why the Scriptures say over and over again that you can overcome anything. You can claim victory through Him today!

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You for Your Holy Spirit, who is fighting my battles for me. Give me the faith to hold on to Your promises and claim victory in Your Name. Instead of worrying, I will be calm and victorious in You in Jesus' name Amen!"
  • Prayer for Facing Trials

Lord, I have planned my strategies and figured out how I will try to solve my problems, yet, I have not consulted you. I am a fool, Lord; forgive me. For I know that my problems are not simply problems that were given me to solve, but also burdens that you have allowed me to bear, and that the purpose of these burdens is to show me that you and only you can lift them from me.

I cannot do it myself, great God; only by my prayer to you, can my burdens ever be satisfied. And I pray to you now, take up my burdens while I am on earth, today, just as you will take them up when I am with you in heaven.

By the grace you gave me through the sacrifice of your only Son, relieve me. May I do your will while I am alive, just as I will do your will when I am together with you again, in paradise. For there and no place else lies my salvation, and all true happiness.

Amen!
  • O' Diyos, ako po sa Iyo'y nakikiusap para sa aking mga minamahal. Para kina Tatay, Nanay at Mama Josephine, nawa ay biyayaan sila ng maayos na kalusugan nang makasama pa namin sila ng mahaba-haba pang panahon. Para sa aking asawang si Maria Teresa, nawa siya'y maging mabuting asawa, mabuting ina, mabuting anak, mabuting kapatid, mabuting manugang at higit sa lahat ay maging mabuting alagad sa Iyo. Para sa anak kong si Felizardo Vicente Articona, nawa siya'y lagi Mong pag-ingatan, ilayo sa anumang kapahamakan, disgrasya, sakit at sa mga taong magtatangka sa kaniya ng kasamaan. Nawa'y mahalin Mo po siya ng higit sa pagmamahal Mo sa akin. Para sa kapatid kong si Josey Articona, nawa'y patuloy Mo po siyang pagpalain, pag-ingatan at ilayo sa lahat ng kapahamakan. Para kay Nica Mae Orcales, nawa ang pagkatao't dangal niya ay lagi Mong pag-ingatan. Panatilihin Mo po siyang malinis sa Iyong paningin. Biyayaan Mo po siya ng karunungan sa pagpili at paggawa ng kabutihan. Ilayo Mo po siya sa lahat ng kapahamakan, disgrasya, sakit at mga taong magtatangka sa kanya ng kasamaan. Loobin Mo rin po nawa na siya'y makapagtapos ng pag-aaral. Para po kina Jaybee Orcales, Ervin Orcales, Francis, Helen, Francine, Francis Vincent Orcales, Warren, Sharina, Marian, Sasha Orcales, Melissa Magno, Arjean Mae, Kristine Mae, Katrina at Steffanie Maghanoy, nawa'y sila'y laging ipagpalain at ilayo sa lahat ng disgraysa, kapahamakan at sakit. Amen
  • God Rescues You for Glory!

Today’s Scripture
    "...I will not forget you. I have swept away your sins like a cloud. I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist..."(Isaiah 44:21–22, NLT)

Sometimes clouds don't linger. They're swept away by winds from the north or fresh breezes from the Gulf. That's what God says about your sins, weaknesses and shortcomings—they're swept away before you know it.

God is a loving, forgiving, redeeming, life-changing God. So start agreeing with God and change the image you have of yourself. Instead of telling God what you can't do, agree with what He says you can do! You can turn your entire life around if you look at yourself the way that God sees you and agree with His purpose. God is with you, so be fearless and victorious each day.

Gideon, the great hero of the Bible, thought of himself as weak, but God called him a "mighty man of fearless courage." The Bible says, "If you believe, all things are possible." Get God's vision of victory for your life. See yourself as the champion God created you to be—strong, courageous and successful!

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You for seeing me as victorious and useful. Help me to stand under Your ideas and fulfill what You have for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Hear God’s Word
    Dear God, there is only one voice that is perfect truth, and that is yours: the voice of your Spirit and the voice of your Word. Help me, I pray, to hear your voice clearly. For I tend to lose it in the cacophony.

I am filled with the sound of my own voice, with the sense of my importance and the correctness of my thought; and on top of that, I am besieged by dozens and hundreds and thousands of words and voices telling me all kinds of things.

Lead me to read your Word without listening to any voice but yours. Let me hear your truth and read your Word without adding to it or subtracting from it, without twisting it to meet the demands of my own preconceptions.

Let me not deny your Word because it is inconvenient for me; even if I cannot follow it today, let me know the truth. Where your teaching and my thoughts conflict, help me to change. Help me to set aside my prejudice, my illusions of knowledge, my rationalizations, so that I can learn; and even if I do not follow your Word perfectly, let me know where to ask forgiveness. This I ask in the name of my only Savior, Jesus Christ,

Amen!
  • Come to the Father

Today’s Scripture
    "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]."(Matthew 11:28, AMP)

Does your soul need refreshing today?

God is constantly inviting us to step away from the hectic pace of life and come to Him to find rest for our souls. Are you facing challenges in your relationships? Finances? Career?

God wants to refresh you. He wants to give you rest. Think about that for a moment. What would cause you to rest? If you knew everything was going to work out for your good, you would stop worrying. You would rest!

Even if things don’t work out the way you planned or on your timetable, you can trust that God will turn things around in your favor. Today, make it a point to be still before God. Quiet your mind of all the things on your agenda and just focus on Him.

Let Him love you, let Him speak to your heart, and let Him fill you with peace and strength each and every day??.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I come to You now and give You my cares and burdens. I thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for giving me rest for my soul and peace in my heart today in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Ash Wednesday

Almighty and everlasting God, who hates nothing you have made and forgives the sins of all who are penitent: Create and make in me a new and contrite heart, that I may begin this season of fasting and remembrance of your suffering, by truly lamenting my sins and acknowledging my wretchedness.

I pray that the ashes we use to symbolize the beginning of Lent may truly remind me that from dust I came, and to dust I will return, and that only by your victory over your suffering is it possible for me to find eternal peace and life.

I pray for the grace of Christ, that I may obtain of you, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness of all the sins of this life; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Amen!
  • Faith Comes By Hearing

Today’s Scripture
    "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."(Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Do you want more faith? Well, the good news is that your faith in God can grow and increase. Notice the Scripture doesn't say, "Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time."

It's hearing—in the present tense. Sure, God's Word can transform us in an instant, but most of the time, we need to hear God's principles over and over again before they become active in our lives. The truth of God's Word chisels away at the doubt and unbelief that's been built up over the years.

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. Get in the habit of meditating on God’s Word and dwelling on thoughts of faith, victory and hope. The more you fill your heart and mind with God’s Word, the stronger you will be so you can stand against the powers of darkness.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in Heaven, thank you for Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to you today and ask you to teach me your ways. Give me insight into your Word so that I may know you. In Jesus' Name. Amen."
  • A Prayer for Lent

Father, through our observance of Lent, help us to understand the meaning of Your Son's death and resurrection, and teach us to reflect it in our lives. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
    Amen!
  • Blessings in Sleep

Today’s Scripture
    "..for he grants sleep to those he loves."(Psalm 127:2, NIV)

The Lord longs to pour out blessings on you constantly—even when you sleep! Understand that God has His hand on your life even in the midnight hour. He wants to speak to your heart and restore your dreams. He is taking care of those things that concern you. When you cast your cares on Him and trust Him to work out every detail of your life, you'll be able to enjoy that sweet sleep that He has promised.

Make the decision today to enjoy the blessing of the Lord as you sleep tonight. Say a prayer before you go to bed and cast your cares on Him. As you allow the Lord to bless and refresh you in sleep, you'll see a tremendous change in your waking hours. You'll be more invigorated, more alert, and full of the blessing of the Lord in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for Your promise of blessing. I ask that You teach me to receive that blessing even while I sleep. I cast my cares on You and trust that You are working behind the scenes in my life. Thank You for watching over me and protecting me. Thank You for refreshing me as I sleep tonight. In Jesus' Name. Amen."
  • ^ nice name. Sorry, just had to say :)

God bless ^_^
  • Prayer for Peace

Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every human heart, that barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear and hatreds cease; that our divisions being healed, we may live together in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen!
  • Love Indeed

Today’s Scripture
    "But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth."(1 John 3:17–18, ESV)

You are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. The Lord wants to bless you today so that you can be a blessing to others. He wants to work through you to show His love and compassion. Notice this verse tells us that love isn't just about our words or thoughts, it's about our actions.

Love is about reaching out and meeting the needs of others. Sometimes meeting someone's needs is as simple as a smile or sharing a word of encouragement. There are many ways to show the love of God. Can you pay for someone's gas or groceries? Do you see a need in someone's life that you can meet?

Look for ways to put your love into action. The Bible says that it's His kindness that leads people to repentance, and the Lord wants to show His kindness in the earth through you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life. Thank You for choosing to work through me today. I submit myself and my resources to You. Show me ways to be a blessing to others so that the earth will be filled with the knowledge of Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen."
  • Prayer to Have Inner Peace in the Coming Day

Heavenly God, may I have peace within, this day;
    May I trust God that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
    May I not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
    May I use those gifts that I have received, and pass on the love that has been given to me.
    May I be confident knowing I am a child of God.
    Let this presence settle into my bones, and allow my soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. This I pray in Christ’s name,

Amen!
    (~ St. Therese of Lisieux)
  • New Garments

Today’s Scripture
    "And provide for those who grieve in Zion...a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

Do you need a new garment today? I’m not talking about a physical garment. I’m talking about what’s covering your mind and emotions.
    When you feel that heaviness and discouragement are trying to overtake you, the first thing to do is take off the old coat of heaviness and put on a new coat of praise. When you put on the garment of praise, that spirit of heaviness has to go. Sometimes you won’t feel like being grateful.

That’s why God says to offer up the sacrifice of praise. God knew it would not always be easy. You will have to dig your heels in and say, “God, I'm tired and discouraged, but I know You are good. You are good all the time, so I choose to give You praise.” Today is the day for new garments! Thank Him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet.

As this verse says, you will be called an oak of righteousness, strong and secure, and you will display the splendor of the Lord!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, I come to You today and ask that You take off my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • Dedication

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire week long. In Christ’s name I ask this,

Amen!