Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Declare Your Freedom

Today’s Scripture
    You have been set free from sin…"(Romans 6:18, NIV)

July 4, 1776 was the day America declared independence from Britain, but the battle for freedom went on until 1783—seven years later. Even though they declared their freedom in 1776, they had to stand and fight for many years before the British would accept and recognize the United States of America.

In the same way, we have to be determined to stand against the opposing forces in our lives. We have to declare our freedom from addiction, poverty, sickness and lack. We have to stand and fight until we fully experience that freedom and peace that God has promised.

I love what the early colonists did once they signed the Declaration of Independence. They read it out loud in public. They published it in the newspaper. They spread the word. They continued to declare and celebrate even though they were in the midst of the battle.

Whatever battle you may be facing today, declare that you are free. Declare that you are an overcomer. Celebrate the victory that is on its way! As you stand strong and declare your freedom, you will experience His victory and you will live in true freedom all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me free in every area of my life. I declare today that nothing can hold me back. I declare that I am free from sickness, poverty, lack and addiction. I declare that You have set me free and thank You for freedom in every area of my life."
  • For Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life.

Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • New Provision

Today’s Scripture
    And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."(Philippians 4:19, NKJV)

When the people of Israel were in the desert on the way to the Promised Land, God gave them manna to eat. That was good. It sustained them for a while, but it wasn’t permanent provision. Eventually, the manna stopped coming. The people had to move forward, and then God gave them quail. They were so excited. That fed them for a while, but it was also temporary.

See, God gave the Israelites temporary provision on the way to the Promised Land where they would have permanent provision. The fact that God had something much greater in store for their future is what kept them moving forward. God could have sustained them with manna or quail, but God is a god of increase. He works in seasons, and He always has something better in store.

Don’t get stuck in a rut and think that one way is going to last forever. Instead, stay open and be willing to change, make adjustments, make corrections or try something new. If the “manna” stops coming, don’t get upset. Just keep moving forward and be on the lookout for the new provision God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, You alone are the just and faithful God! Thank You for always providing for me. Thank You for leading and guiding me. I trust that You have good things in store for my future and choose to keep my eyes on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • For Holiness

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, do not permit vanity, self-love, sensuality, carelessness, nor anger to rule over me and steal me from Thy love, O my Lord and Creator, all my hope! Do not leave me without a portion of the blessed eternity. Grant also that I may follow Thy Holy example, that I may submit to the authorities placed over me. Grant me the clean soul, the simplicity of heart that makes us worthy of Thy love.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Open the Door to Blessing

Today’s Scripture
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might…"(Ecclesiastes 9:10, NIV)

When you give 100 percent effort, and you do it to the best of your ability because you’re honoring God, you will have His blessing. That means it will be easier, it will go better, and you will accomplish more. That’s why no matter what we do, we should give it our best. This is especially true even in the little things.

For example, when you’re doing the dishes or mowing the lawn, don’t drag around all sour and frustrated. Mow with enthusiasm, as though you’re on a mission from God! With every step, thank God that your legs work. Thank Him that you’re healthy and strong. At the office, don’t do just enough to get by. You’re not working unto people, you’re working unto God. Do it with your whole heart. When you volunteer at church, don’t wake up and think, “Awe, man. Why did I volunteer? I want to sleep in!”

No, serve Him with all your heart because that’s what honors God. When you honor God, He’ll honor you. He’ll give you His life, peace, health and blessing now and forevermore!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I choose today to serve You with my whole heart and do everything to the best of my ability. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Dedication

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Amen!
  • Open the Door to Blessing

Today’s Scripture
    Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before..."(Philippians 3:13, KJV)

We all go through disappointments, setbacks and things that we don’t understand. Maybe you prayed for a loved one, but they didn’t get well. Or maybe you worked hard for a promotion, but you didn’t get it. You stood in faith for a relationship, but it didn’t work out.

One of the best things you can do is release it. Let it go. Don’t dwell on it anymore. If you go around wondering why things didn’t work out, all that’s going to do is lead to bitterness, resentment and self-pity. Before long, you’ll be blaming others, blaming yourself or even blaming God. You may not have understood what happened. It may not have been fair. But when you release it, it’s an act of your faith. You’re saying, “God, I trust You. I know You’re in control. And even though it didn’t work out my way, You said, ‘All things are going to work together for my good.’ So I believe You still have something good in my future.”

There is power in letting go of the past and the frustration of trying to figure everything out. When you release your questions, you are saying, “God, You are in control. I trust You.” And when you put your hope in God, that’s when He can heal your heart and lead you forward into His path of blessing.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Help me to forgive and release the past. Heal my heart and restore my soul. Show me the good plan You have for my future as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Amen!
  • Prayer to Live this Day with God

Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you that I can see or hear your Word this morning. Let me give thanks all day for what I have, especially your eternal love, and forgive me this day when I go astray, by my thoughts or actions; my only aim is to please you, to know and do your will. Guide my every step.

Help me to live this day with wisdom and discretion so that I may not fall short of your glory. Protect me from danger, both in the world and in my attitude. Give me the gift of a clear mind, that I might hear the quiet voice of your Spirit. Help to massage away resentments and blame for things gone by, that would eat my energy and poison my mind; but instead, help me to look to the moment, to what I can do, to work for the future.

And let me never become frustrated where I lack control of events, for you are in charge, not me; and I put my entire faith in your power, your knowledge, your plan for humanity.

Your are my leader and my coach, Lord. I am on your team. Help me to keep this in mind for just today, in Christ’s name I pray,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • It Has a Great Reward

Today’s Scripture
    Do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward…"(Hebrews 10:35, NASB)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer than you thought? Many times people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their answer come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today; your answer is closer than you think! If it seems as though things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It always seems darkest just before the dawn appears.

Remember, you serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. And just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain when she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise.

While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and your reward is coming!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to continue believing until I see Your promises fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • The Gracious Hand of God

Today’s Scripture
    For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them."(Psalm 44:3, NKJV)

Have you ever thought about the fact that the victories you saw in your past weren’t just your own doing? When you made it through a difficult time, when you received an unexpected break, when things turned around for no reason, it was because God favored you. You wouldn’t be where you are if the gracious hand of God was not on your life!

Now you may not have as much education as somebody else. But that’s okay. You have an advantage. You have this favor factor. Maybe you don’t come from the most influential family. That’s all right. God’s favor can take you where you cannot go on your own.

Deep down you have to know there is something about you that is indefinable. It can’t be measured, can’t be put on paper, and can’t be explained. Other people won’t be able to figure it out. All they know is that you have it. There is something about you they like, something that causes you to succeed. That’s the gracious hand of God.

Today, let this truth sink down deeply into your heart. Don’t be discouraged by what you can see; be encouraged by what you can’t see! Put your shoulders back and go out with faith and confidence knowing that His gracious hand is upon you!

A Prayer for Today
    "For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them."
  • Amen!
  • The Greatness of His Power

Today’s Scripture
    ...and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power."(Ephesians 1:19, NKJV)

Paul prayed that we would understand the exceeding greatness of God’s power for those who believe. Notice the power is only activated when we believe. That means right now the Creator of the universe is just waiting to release healing, restoration, favor, promotion and abundance. The only catch is that we have to believe.

I think about Mary, the mother of Christ. When she was a teenager, the angel appeared to her and said, “You’re going to have a child without knowing a man, and He will be the Son of God.” Her first thought was, “That’s impossible. That’s never happened before. That defies the laws of nature.” She said to the angel, “How can this be?” He answered back, “The Spirit of the Lord will come on you and cause it to happen.”

I love the way Mary responded. She didn’t argue with him. She didn’t try to talk herself out of it. She simply said, “Be it unto me even as you have said.” That’s the way we need to be to activate God's power in our lives.

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for exceeding greatness of Your power. Help me to see, to know, to recognize Your hand at work in my life. I choose to believe and open the door for You to have Your way in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Stay Above Strife

Today’s Scripture
    Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out."(Proverbs 17:14, NIV)

Too often, people fall into the trap of strife. Someone says something that rubs you the wrong way, and before you know it, there is tension, quarreling and division. The Scripture tells us that strife opens the door to “every evil work.” It’s the enemy’s greatest trap to keep people from living in victory. But you don’t have to fall into the trap of strife, you can rise above it.

Today’s verse says that you can simply drop the matter before it turns into something bigger than it needs to be. You don’t have to sink down to somebody’s level and argue with them and try to prove that you’re right. You weren’t put on this earth to correct everybody around you.

If you are going to be all that God’s called you to be, you have to learn to stay above strife. Instead of letting disagreements pull your relationships apart, look for common ground to draw you closer to the people in your life. Look for peace. Look for ways to be a blessing. Stay above strife so you can enjoy your relationships and experience the blessing He has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, I choose to stay above strife. I choose to honor You by seeking peace in my relationships. Empower me to walk in love and be an example of Your light everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • If Only

Today’s Scripture
    "The one who guards a fig tree will eat its fruit…"(Proverbs 27:18, NIV )

It’s easy to get stuck in the trap of thinking that if only your circumstances would just change, then life would be better. You might think, “If I got a new job, or a new house or had better friends, then I would really be happy.”

But I’ve learned that oftentimes, God changes us before He changes our circumstances. We are thinking, “If only my circumstances would change,” when God may be thinking, “If only your attitude would change!”

Today, if you’ve been thinking, “If only,” it’s time to turn your thoughts around. Don’t allow negative thinking to direct your attitude or affect how you treat others. Instead, begin to thank God for what He has planned for you. Bloom where you are planted. Tend to what God has placed in your hand. If you will focus on what you have instead of focusing on what you don’t have, then God can bless you, multiply you and lead you forward into the destiny He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and grace upon my life. Today I choose to turn my thoughts around and focus on what You have placed in my hands. I will be faithful, knowing that You are faithful, and that You have a good plan in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Where Strength and Joy are Found

Today’s Scripture
    Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary."(1 Chronicles 16:27, AMPC)

Do you need more strength and joy in your life? The Scripture tells us that in God’s presence there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace, fullness of victory—the most abundant and complete! That’s where you’re refreshed and restored.

And when you have His joy, you have His supernatural strength. There’s nothing that can come against you when you are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord. Notice this verse says that strength and joy are found in His sanctuary. One translation says they are found “where He is.” And do you know “where He is?” His Spirit is alive in every believer, and in His Word, He promises that He inhabits, or manifests, in the praises of His people.

That means when you begin to praise and worship God, either corporately in a church setting or privately in your personal time, God is there. You are in His sanctuary. Anytime you feel depleted or overwhelmed, just begin to sing a song of praise to Him. Declare His goodness and faithfulness. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. He’ll fill you with His joy and strength so that you can live as an overcomer all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I bless You today. I thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your strength and joy. I praise and worship You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Hidden in Him

Today’s Scripture
    "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock."(Psalm 27:5, NIV)

What an amazing promise we have that when we seek God and serve Him with our whole hearts, He will hide us in His shelter. That means you can be so connected to God that you are invisible to the enemy! You are hidden in Him! No matter what is happening around you, you can have strength, confidence and rest. Challenges may come your way, but you won’t be worried about them. You know that, ultimately, things are going to work out for your good. You know that no weapon formed against you shall prosper.

People may be talking, trying to make you look bad, but you don’t even give it a second thought. You know that your future is too bright to be distracted. You know they don’t control your destiny. You just keep on being your best, walking in integrity, meditating on the Word and worshiping throughout the day so you can stay hidden in Him!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I surrender every area of my life to You. Mold me into Your image and keep me hidden in You. I bless You and praise You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Walk Through

Today’s Scripture
    "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me."(Psalm 23:4, NLT)

We’ve all been in seasons of life when we feel like things aren’t going our way, or we’re not where we want to be. In these times, it’s tempting to let discouragement and doubt come in and take away the peace and excitement you once had.

You may be in one of those seasons right now, struggling to truly be happy where you are. But this is not the way God wants you to live. He tells us in scripture that even in the difficult times, He is with us. Even when you can’t see a way out, He will make a way through. Even when things don’t turn out the way we planned, He has a plan to turn things around for our good.

The key is to not get upset about your circumstances. Instead, be determined to walk through to victory. Declare by faith that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. Declare by faith that you are rising higher. Keep standing, keep believing and keep hoping because God has a bright future in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You today giving You all that I am. I ask for Your peace in the midst of the storm. I ask for Your strength to stand strong, knowing that with You, I will walk through every adversity in Jesus’ name. Amen!"
  • When Things Are Out of Control

Today’s Scripture
    "Good sense makes a man restrain his anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression or an offense."(Proverbs 19:11, AMPC)

Every day, we have opportunities to get upset, be frustrated or get offended. Maybe you had plans that didn’t work out, or someone was rude to you at the office. Maybe you were doing something that should have taken one hour, and it ended up taking three. Life is full of inconveniences, but even though we can’t always control our circumstances, we can control our reaction. I heard somebody say, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.”

We should always go out each day with a positive attitude, full of hope and expecting God’s favor. But at the same time, we should recognize that most days are not going to go exactly as we plan. Remember, we were created to live in peace. Peace is our position of power. If you get stressed because you got off schedule, or upset because your child wouldn’t eat his breakfast, or frustrated because somebody offended you, what you’re doing is giving away your power. Instead, make the decision to release those offenses and disappointments so you can live in peace and enjoy the day as the blessing God prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, today I release every care, concern, offense and disappointment to You. I choose to keep the peace that You have given me. I look forward to today knowing that You are with me, leading me in victory in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Accept His Timing

Today’s Scripture
    "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."(Galatians 6:9, NKJV)

I’d love to tell you that if you stay in faith, if you believe, then God will always answer your prayer within 24 hours, or at least within the first week. But we know that’s not reality. God promises He will be true to His word, but He never puts a time frame on it.

In fact, He tells us that we need patience to see the promises come to pass. Sure, it would be a lot easier if God told us when we were going to get well, when we would meet the right person, or when our child would straighten up. But the truth is, that wouldn’t take any faith. It takes faith to say, “God, I don’t know when You are going to do it, but I trust You enough to believe that You will do it, that the answer is already in my future.”

Today and every day let this be your prayer: “God, give me the grace to accept Your timing.” That means you’re asking for God’s strength, His supernatural empowerment to stand strong while you are waiting. Choose to keep believing, choose to praise Him, and choose to accept His timing knowing that He is faithful and has untold blessings in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your hand of favor, blessing and mercy on my life. You are good and faithful. Because of that, I trust You. I trust Your love, and I trust Your timing in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Constant Gratitude

Today’s Scripture
    "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"(1 Chronicles 16:34, ESV)

What are you grateful for today? Are you grateful for His love, mercy and kindness? Are you grateful for the sun that shines and brings us a new day? Are you thankful for the gift of eternal life?

Gratefulness is a powerful force in the life of the believer. No matter what may be happening in the world around you, you can always find something to thank God for. Gratefulness and faith go hand in hand. When we are grateful, it shows that our faith is in Him. We can thank Him for what He's done in the past and what He will do in the future!

Remember, faith pleases God; it causes Him to move on your behalf. Work to develop an attitude of constant gratitude and give thanks to the Lord for His goodness. As you do, you’ll experience His mercy and loving-kindness in greater ways and move forward into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I declare my thanks to You for all You have done in my life. Help me see Your hand of blessing as I continually acknowledge and praise You for all You have done in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • A Flood is Coming

Today’s Scripture
    ...He sends forth [rains], and they overwhelm the land or transform it."(Job 12:15, AMPC)

Sometimes on the news, the weatherperson will announce that we’re under a Flash Flood Warning. That means conditions are ripe for possible flooding. Water could get out of its normal boundaries. It could overflow and increase in such a way that drainage and bayous are overwhelmed.

Just like that weatherperson, I’m here to announce that you’re under a Flash Flood Warning today. Conditions are just right. You’ve honored God. You’ve been faithful. You’ve passed the test. Now God is saying, “There’s about to be a flood of My goodness, a flood of new opportunity, a flood of healing, a flood of goodness that breaks to where you are overwhelmed with My favor. It’s beyond your expectations. It puts you into overflow.”

Today, get ready! Get your expectancy up. Be on the lookout for His goodness because a flood of favor is coming your way. When God opens up the floodgates of His divine power, nothing can stop it!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for flooding me with Your goodness, favor and mercy. I set my heart and mind on You today, and I’m ready to receive every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Amen!
  • Lord, please keep everyone safe.

Keep me and my family safe while on the road.
    Amen!
  • Prayer For God’s Guidance

Heavenly Father, in you I live and move and have my being: I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the cares and occupations of my life I may not forget you, but may remember that I am ever walking in your sight; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • It is Finished

Today’s Scripture
    His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life…"(2 Peter 1:3, NIV)

It’s easy to get stuck in life thinking you’ve reached your limits. But God wouldn’t have given you a dream without giving you the ability to accomplish it. You have everything you need. Many times the problem is that it’s buried inside. It’s hidden treasure. You have gifts and talents that you’ve not tapped into yet. There is potential that is waiting to be released.

When God laid out the plan for your life, He deposited in you the skill, the wisdom, the creativity; everything you need to fulfill your destiny. Now here’s the key: it’s not what you have in you that matters; it’s what you get out. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to tap into that hidden treasure. Now the challenge is, “don’t die with the treasure still on the inside.” You have something to offer this world that nobody else can offer. You are unique, one of a kind. You are anointed to be you. Be confident in who God made you to be, knowing that you have what it takes to step into the fullness of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I thank You that You will complete what You’ve started in my life. Today I choose to put my trust in You knowing that a shift is coming. I declare that Your will be done in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen!"
  • Thank You Jesus

Oh dear sweet, loving Jesus: How often I forget that it is because of You that I live. You made all of us from the very dust that You created. Then You did the most wondrous of all things, You made us in Your image and You breathed life into us. I join those praying with me today in thanking you for our lives, and we pray that You continue to sustain us each day. From Your heavenly place accept our prayers and our praise.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • The Gracious Hand of God

Today’s Scripture
    The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day."(Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

No matter what is happening in your life today, you have a reason to be excited about your future! If things seem dark right now, know that the dawn will soon appear.

The key is to remember that you are not here by accident. You have a purpose and destiny from God to fulfill, and He's not finished with you yet. Your best days are not behind you; your best days are out in front of you. God is a God of increase. He has greater things in store for your future than you have experienced in your past. His dream for your future is so much bigger than your own. He wants to take you places you’ve never dreamed and open doors you’ve never imagined. He wants to bring talent out of you that you didn’t know you had. He wants to increase you and cause you to be a greater blessing to the people around you.

Today, get your hopes up and get excited about your future! Begin to thank Him for what He has in store. Keep standing, keep believing and keep moving forward because God has explosive blessings in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I trust that You have good things in store for my future. I choose to keep my eyes on You no matter what’s happening in my circumstances. I know that You are faithful, and I receive the blessings that You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • For the Presence of God

O God, be present with me always, dwell within my heart. With thy light and thy Spirit guide my soul, my thoughts, and all my actions, that I may teach thy Word, that thy healing power may be in me and in all the saints of thy church universal.

Amen!
    ~ by Philipp Melanchthon, 1550

<click here for link>