Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Think on These Things

Today’s Scripture
    “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”(Philippians 4:8, NIV)

God wants you to be blessed in every area. The Bible says that Jesus came so that you and I could have life more abundantly, but it all starts in your thinking. That’s why the scripture tells us very clearly what we should be thinking about—things that are noble, right, lovely, pure and praiseworthy.

In other words, when a thought comes to your mind that you’re never going to be successful, replace it by saying, “Father, You said in Proverbs that if I would put You first, You would crown my efforts with success. You said in the Psalms that You surround me with favor like a shield. You said in Deuteronomy that Your blessings would chase me down and overtake me!” That’s how you take every thought captive, one thought at a time!

Today, refuse to allow any negative thoughts to take up space in your mind. Fill your heart and mind with the Word of God and open the door for His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your truth which sets me free. I choose to meditate on Your goodness and dwell on the right things. Help me to keep my heart and mind set on all that is pure and lovely in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer: Light My Path

I come to you, my God, asking that your Spirit guide me in prayer. Lead me to complete devotion in my moments spent with you, Lord, for your Son has told us to come to you and I want to do so, not halfway, but with my full heart.

I know from Him that prayer is for the good of all. For you, because it is your commandment; for myself, because you love me as no other and want to fill me with goodness; for other people, for I want to love them in ways that are not in my nature and can only do if your power shines fully through my existence.

You have sent us your Holy Spirit; let me know Him in all times and in all places and in every cell of my being. When I am confused, the Spirit will bring me wisdom; when I am angry, peace; when I am afraid, comfort. When I have puffed myself up with pride, the Spirit will gently dissolve my self-deception, so that fear and greed and foolishness will melt away and I will know you, and the security and peace of the only truth on earth: the love of Christ. Let this be, Lord, I pray. Light my path.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 7,1-10.

When Jesus had finished all his words to the people, he entered Capernaum.
    A centurion there had a slave who was ill and about to die, and he was valuable to him.
    When he heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and save the life of his slave.
    They approached Jesus and strongly urged him to come, saying, "He deserves to have you do this for him,
    for he loves our nation and he built the synagogue for us."
    And Jesus went with them, but when he was only a short distance from the house, the centurion sent friends to tell him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof.
    Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed.
    For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it."
    When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith."
    When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.
  • @Kabron

thanks! :)
  • Open Your Heart

Today’s Scripture
    “...whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”(Luke 7:47, NIV)

Forgiveness is such a powerful gift from heaven above. It’s like a door on our heart. When we choose to forgive, it opens our heart so that we can receive everything God has in store for us. But when we hold onto unforgiveness, bitterness and resentment, it closes up our heart and keeps us from moving forward.

The scripture tells us that if we don’t forgive others, God cannot forgive us. That’s because the door on our heart is closed. If forgiveness doesn’t go out, forgiveness can’t come in. But when we choose to forgive, we open our heart so we can receive His forgiveness and allow His love to flow freely through us. Forgiveness increases our capacity to receive!

Today remember, people will let you down, they will hurt you and disappoint you. Don’t let the actions of others block your relationship with the Father by holding unforgiveness. Instead, choose to forgive so that you can increase your capacity to receive everything He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for forgiving me and setting me free. Today I choose to forgive others so that I can have room in my heart to receive Your forgiveness and love. Thank You for setting me free in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Amen
  • Prayer for Mercy

Heavenly Father, true God, who sent Your beloved Son to seek the wandering sheep, I have sinned against heaven and before You; receive me like the Prodigal Son, and clothe me with the garment of innocence, of which I was deprived by sin. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner, in the name of Christ.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Go To The Place of Blessing

Today’s Scripture
    "Depart from here and turn eastward and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordan..."(1 Kings 17:3, ESV)

In the Scripture, the prophet Elijah was living in a certain city. God said to him, “Leave this place and go down to the brook Cherith for I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.” When he got to the brook, every morning just like clockwork, the ravens brought him food. He had his provision; a prepared blessing. Here's the key: Elijah didn't have to try to find the ravens. He just had to get to where God wanted him to be and the ravens found him.

In the same way, there is a place where God has commanded you to be blessed. Everything you need to fulfill your destiny has already been laid up for you—provision, favor, abundance. The real question today is, will you do what's required to get to your place of blessing? Elijah could have said, “God, I don't want to leave. I like it here. My friends are here.” But if he had stayed, he would have missed where he was commanded to be blessed.

Are you willing to do what God is asking you to do today? Listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit inside, follow His leading, and enter into the place of blessing!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for leading me to a place of blessing. Thank You for sustaining me and empowering me to fulfill Your call on my life. I choose to follow Your leading so that I can be in the place You’ve called me to in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Rise Up!

Rise up, oh children of light, and let us give glory to the Lord, who alone can save our souls. O Lord, as you withdraw sleep from the eyes of my body, grant me wakefulness of mind so that I may stand before you in awe and sing your praises worthily, all of this day.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Provision In The Wilderness

Today’s Scripture
    "I will open rivers in desolate heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water..."(Isaiah 41:18, NKJV)

There’s a lady in our church who is a single mom. Her family has gone through a lot of struggles. For years she was barely making it, but every Sunday she and her two sons would be at Lakewood. She stayed faithful during her “wilderness” season because she knew she was headed to her Promised Land.

This lady's son, from the time he was a little boy, always said that he was going to get a scholarship to go to college. He could have thought, “We’re poor. I’m at a disadvantage.” But this single mother taught her sons that God is a God of abundance, that He can make a way when we don’t see a way. Her son graduated number two in his high school. He received not one scholarship, but nine scholarships totaling over 1.3 million dollars. His undergraduate, his master's and his doctorate degrees are all paid for at Georgetown University.

Friend, remember, God is no respecter of persons. Whatever you are believing for, whatever provision you need in the wilderness, know that He is faithful. He will provide streams in the desert and provision for you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for providing streams in the desert. Thank You for refreshing me in the wilderness. Thank You for providing all my needs according to Your riches in glory as I stand in faith and stay faithful to You in Jesus’ name. Amen"
  • Prayer To Spread Cheer

Holy God, as I stumble through this life, help me to create more laughter than tears, dispense more cheer than gloom, spread more joy than despair. Let me remind those I meet that our final existence will be total joy, and that we may taste this joy through the Spirit even today.

Never let me become so indifferent that I will fail to see the wonder in the eyes of a child, or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged. Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people, make them happy, and forget momentarily all the temporary unpleasantness in their lives. And in my final moment, may I hear You whisper, “When you made My people smile, you made Me smile.”

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 7,36-50.

A Pharisee invited Jesus to dine with him, and he entered the Pharisee’s house and reclined at table.
    Now there was a sinful woman in the city who learned that he was at table in the house of the Pharisee. Bringing an alabaster flask of ointment,
    she stood behind him at his feet weeping and began to bathe his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them, and anointed them with the ointment.
    When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, that she is a sinner."
    Jesus said to him in reply, "Simon, I have something to say to you." "Tell me, teacher," he said.
    Two people were in debt to a certain creditor; one owed five hundred days' wages and the other owed fifty.
    Since they were unable to repay the debt, he forgave it for both. Which of them will love him more?"
    Simon said in reply, "The one, I suppose, whose larger debt was forgiven." He said to him, "You have judged rightly."
    Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? When I entered your house, you did not give me water for my feet, but she has bathed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
    You did not give me a kiss, but she has not ceased kissing my feet since the time I entered.
    You did not anoint my head with oil, but she anointed my feet with ointment.
    So I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven; hence, she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little."
    He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
    The others at table said to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?"
    But he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
  • Prospering In Everything

Today’s Scripture
    "They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper..."(Psalm 1:3, NRSV)

Large trees represent power, majesty and stability. Have you ever noticed the difference between a tree planted by the water and a tree far away from water? The tree next to the water is much more healthy and vibrant. Its fruit and blossoms are more beautiful.

In the Scripture, the Word of God is compared to water. When you are “planted” in the Word of God, your spirit is fed, and you grow strong just like the tree planted by the water. Trees planted by the water will yield fruit at the right season and will not lose strength. Today’s verse tells us that those who love and obey the Lord will prosper in whatever they do.

Do you want to prosper in your relationships? Seek God’s Word regarding relationships. Do you want to prosper in your health? Seek God’s Word about healing. Do you want to prosper in your finances? Seek God’s Word regarding finances. As you seek God and His Word and follow His commands, you will grow strong and prosper in everything you do!

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank you for your Word which is truth and refreshing water to my soul. Thank you for teaching me to seek you in all that I do. I trust you today and choose to commit my every decision to you so that I can grow strong like the tree planted by the water. In Jesus' name, Amen."
  • For Guidance in Bringing Others to Christ

Oh Heavenly Father, who has promised to send us a Spirit to lead us, if we but listen and hear his presence in the bustle of life, I pray for your direction and guidance in becoming a disciple of your word. Teach me to spread your truth, to anyone I might see who might be able to hear it. Let me always reach out and show your love to the world through my every action. I pray,

Holy Spirit, show me your path in this wayward world. Mold me by the model of your Son, and let me every day approach nearer to his perfect service. Let me, too, be a fisher of men. Show me how; teach me to help guide others to you, both in my words and in my deeds. In the name of Christ, I pray,

Amen!
  • He Uses Our Difficulties

Today’s Scripture
    "That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong..."(2 Corinthians 12:10, NIV)

We all face difficult situations. Somebody isn’t treating you right, or your business is not growing, or maybe you’re single and still haven’t met anyone. It’s easy to get frustrated and anxious. You don’t understand why it’s taking so long or why things haven’t changed.

But here’s a key: just because it’s an uncomfortable place doesn’t mean it’s not where you’re supposed to be. God uses difficulties to do a work in us. We grow in the tough times. That’s where your character is developed, where you learn to trust God and persevere, and where your spiritual muscles are made strong.

God will not allow a difficulty unless He has a divine purpose for it. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to make up your mind, “I’m not going to live frustrated because I am uncomfortable. I’m not going to be upset because things are not happening on my timetable. I’m not going to fight against everything that I don’t like.” Instead, believe that God is doing a work in you. Believe that He has the best for you. And see yourself moving forward in the victory He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I give You my questions, frustrations, concerns and doubts. Have Your way in me. I trust that You are at work in every difficult situation in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • For Those in Distress

I pray to you, Master, be our helper and defender. Rescue those of our number in distress; raise up the fallen; assist the needy; heal the sick; turn back those of your people who stray; feed the hungry; release our captives; revive the weak; encourage those who lose heart. Let all the nations realize that you are the only God, that Jesus Christ is your Child, and that we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.

Amen!

!from a prayer by Clement of Rome (@ 96 A.D.)

<click here for link>
  • Prayer To Live in Union with Christ

Loving God, I am just beginning to realize how much you love me. Your son, Jesus was humble and obedient. He fulfilled your will for him by becoming human and suffering with us. I ask you for the desire to become more humble so that my own life might also bear witness to you. I want to use the small sufferings I have in this world to give you glory.

Please, Lord, guide my mind with your truth. Strengthen my life by the example of Jesus. Help me to be with Jesus in this week as he demonstrates again his total love for me. He died so that I would no longer be separated from you. Help me to feel how close you are and to live in union with you.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • The Heritage of the Believer

Today’s Scripture
    “No weapon formed against you shall prosper...”(Isaiah 54:17, NKJV)

As a believer in Jesus, you have certain privileges because you belong to Christ. When you chose Him, God put a blood line around you that the enemy cannot cross. As long as you’re keeping Him first place, you have a hedge of protection, a hedge of favor, a hedge of mercy surrounding you like a shield. When difficulties come, God says that because you’re His child, because you honor Him, even though that problem has formed, in the end it is not going to prosper. When it’s all said and done, it’s not going to harm you. God is going to turn it around and use it to your advantage. That’s your heritage as a believer!

Notice it doesn’t say that we’ll never have problems. No, life is full of difficulties. The promise God is making to us is that when things do come against us, because you’re in covenant relationship with Him, you can stay in peace knowing that it is not going to prosper. God has already paved the way for you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your many promises. I choose today to accept Your truth which sets me free. I declare by faith that no weapon formed against me shall ever prosper in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer For a New Day

Lord, the newness of this day
    Calls me to an untried way;
    Let me gladly take the road,
    Give me strength to bear my load.
    Thou my guide and helper be —
    I will travel through with Thee,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 8,16-18.

Jesus said to the crowd : "No one who lights a lamp conceals it with a vessel or sets it under a bed ; rather, he places it on a lampstand so that those who enter may see the light.
    For there is nothing hidden that will not become visible, and nothing secret that will not be known and come to light.
    Take care, then, how you hear. To anyone who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he seems to have will be taken away."
  • Your Mistake Is Not Bigger Than God

Today’s Scripture
    "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."(Jeremiah 29:11, NKJV)

Oftentimes, I hear people say, “I’ve just blown it so many times. I had this major setback. I don’t see how I could ever get to where I’m supposed to be.”

We have to realize—our mistakes aren’t that powerful. Our mistakes aren’t too big for God. He’s not up in the heavens shaking His head saying, “I never dreamed they would do that. They’ve ruined My plan.”

No, God knew every mistake we would ever make. He knew every wrong turn, and He’s already prepared a new route. He already has your detour figured out.

Scripture says that God knows the end from the beginning. If you’ve made some mistakes, the good news is that He has already planned a way to get you back on track! Just come to Him with an open and humble heart. Let Him wash you clean and make you new. Your mistakes aren’t bigger than God. He loves you and has a good plan in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for choosing me and accepting me beyond my mistakes. Thank You that the blood of Jesus cleanses me and makes me new. I invite You to have Your way as I submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer of Supplication

Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me, for I am poor and needy. Without you, I have nothing. I pray that this day I will have food, and shelter, and be free of pain and fear. If it is not your will for me to suffer, Lord, I pray that I will not. And above all, cleanse my soul of sin, that I might someday be free of all pain and evil; for, whatever I may bear in this life, I have faith and hope in the life to come, through your goodness and mercy. In Christ’s name, I pray,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • He is Strong in You

Today’s Scripture
    “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness...”(Romans 8:26, NLT)

Sometimes, people get distracted by what they consider to be a disadvantage or weakness in their lives. It may be something about their personality or looks that they don’t like. Or, maybe they’ve been through an unfair situation: a divorce, a bad business deal or a bad break. We all have things that can feel like disadvantages; things that make it harder on us. It may even be a physical handicap, and you can’t get around like you used to.

But just because you have a “disadvantage,” just because you’ve been through a tough time doesn’t mean you’re supposed to sit back and settle where you are. God still has something great for you to do! He wants to show Himself strong in and through you, and He’s given you His Holy Spirit to equip you in this life.

Today let the Holy Spirit help you when you feel weak. Let Him empower you with truth that will set you free. Stay in faith and don’t get negative toward yourself or your future. Let God take what you think is a liability and turn it into an asset! Let Him take what you think is a disadvantage and turn it around to be an advantage! Remember, you are more than a conqueror today and every day because He is strong in you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I give You all that I am. I invite You into the weak places in my life so that You can turn them into strengths. Thank You for working in my life and filling me with faith and expectancy in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Thanks for Life

O mighty God, I was born a weak, defenseless child, but Your angel spread his wings over my cradle to defend me. From birth until now Your love has illumined my path, and has wondrously guided me towards the light of eternity; from birth until now the generous gifts of Your providence have been marvelously showered upon me. I give You thanks, with all who have come to know You, who call upon Your name. Through Christ I pray,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • The Same Spirit

Today’s Scripture
    "And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you..."(Romans 8:11, AMPC)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit makes His home inside you. That’s the same Spirit and the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. That resurrection power can bring back health, strength and life to your physical body, and it can bring back life to your hopes and dreams. In fact, it can bring life to any area that may seem dormant on the inside of you!

The next time you feel overwhelmed by sickness, challenges or despair, remember, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you! You may have been burdened by an addiction, fear, worry or sickness, but there’s nothing that can stand against the power of God! Rise up and declare by faith, “He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I am restored and healed because the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in me!”

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me perfectly. I want to know You more, and I want to know Your love. I receive it by faith today and ask that You show me Your ways and fill me with Your peace as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer For All Who Minister in Christ’s Name

Almighty God, the giver of all good gifts, in your divine providence you have appointed various orders in your Church: Give your grace, I humbly pray, to all who are called to any office and ministry for your people; and so fill them with the truth of your doctrine and clothe them with holiness of life, that they may faithfully serve before you, to the glory of your great Name and for the benefit of the church of all faithful people, now and until the end of days.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Kindness and Goodness

Today’s Scripture
    "See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek that which is good for one another and for all people..."(1 Thessalonians 5:15, AMP)

In Galatians 5, the Scripture talks about the nine fruits of the Spirit or the spiritual qualities that manifest in our lives when we allow Him to work in us. The more we invite God to move in our hearts and follow His Word, the more those characteristics will manifest in us.

Kindness and goodness are two of those fruits of the Spirit. The Scripture tells us that His kindness leads people to repentance. In other words, kindness advances the kingdom of God. The more kindness and goodness we show other people, the more we are acting like God. The Bible also tells us that what we sow, we shall reap. When we seek to do good to others, we will reap goodness in our own lives in return.

Today, look for ways to show kindness and goodness to the people around you, even when they aren’t kind to you. Don’t repay evil for evil. Take the high road. Bless those who wrongfully use you. Seek to do good, show kindness, and you will see it come back as a blessing in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for displaying Your character through me. I choose to show kindness and goodness so that I can honor You with my thoughts, words and actions all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind.

Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Angels Move On Your Behalf

Today’s Scripture
    "Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word..."(Psalm 103:20, NIV)

Did you know that when you speak words of faith, angels are dispatched to move on your behalf? The Scripture tells us that God gives His angels charge over us. That means, when God hears you declaring His Word, He says to the angels, “Do you hear My child speaking words of faith? He believes I can do great things. Angels, I have an assignment for you. Go to work and begin to turn the situation around.” And the angels obey His Word!

If we could pull back the curtain on the unseen realm, we would see a host of angels and heavenly beings watching over us. That’s why it’s so important to guard what we say because with our words, we either open a door for God and His angels to move on our behalf, or we open a door for the enemy and the forces of darkness.”

Make the decision today to only speak words of faith and life over you, your home and your family. Declare God’s Word and His promises and let your words set the angels into motion to help you fulfill the destiny God has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for the relationships in my life. Help me find creative ways to connect with the people I love. Help me to walk and live in a spirit of unity as You commanded in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • PAAANO DAPAT HARAPIN ANG MGA MATITINDING PAGSUBOK

Sa mundong ito, may mga pagkakataon na ang nadarama natin ay kaligayahan o kasiyahan. Lalo pa nga at wala tayong mga malulubhang suliranin at natutugunan ang mga pangangailangan o baka lumalabis pa ang nagagamit sa ating pang-araw-araw na pamumuhay. Matatag at maayos na nakapamumuhay ang ating sambahayan, at payapa tayong nakapaglilingkod sa Diyos. Sa gayon ay maligaya na tayong nabubuhay.

Subali’t hindi sa lahat ng panahon ay maaliwalas ang takbo ng ating buhay. Sa hindi inaasahang pagkakataon ay dumarating sa atin ang mabibigat na pagsubok o ang mga bagyo ng buhay. Kung tayo ay nakaharap sa malubhang suliranin, papaano natin ito pakikitunguhan at pakikiharapan? Dapat ba natin itong ikagitla o ipagtaka? Ano ba ang ipinagpauna na ng mga Apostol na ating mararanasan?

Ano ang maaaring dumating sa buhay naten?

I Pedro 4:12
    “Mga minamahal, huwag kayong mangagtaka tungkol sa mahigpit na pagsubok sa inyo, na dumarating sa inyo upang kayo'y subukin, na waring ang nangyayari sa inyo'y di karaniwang bagay.”

Sa hindi inaasahang pagkakataon ay maaari nating maranasan ang mahigpit na pagsubok. Ang mga halimbawa ay: biglang pagkawala ng trabaho, pagtatakwil ng mga mahal sa buhay, pagkakasakit ng malubha kung kailan nagdaraan sa kahirapan, pagdating ng malubhang kalamidad o aksidente, pagkamatay ng magulang, asawa, o anak na siyang tanging nagtataguyod ng kanyang sambahayan. Hindi ba’t napakahigpit na pagsubok iyan? Ang sabi sa atin, huwag tayong magtaka.

Bakit itinutulot ng Diyos na maranasan natin ang iba’t ibang mga matitinding pagsubok?

I Pedro 1:7 MB
    “Ang ginto, na nasisira, ay pinararaan sa apoy upang malaman kung talagang dalisay. Gayon din naman, ang inyong pananampalataya, na higit kaysa ginto, ay pinararaan sa pagsubok upang malaman kung talagang tapat. Sa gayon, kayo'y papupurihan, dadakilain, at pararangalan sa Araw na mahayag si Jesu-Cristo.”

Ang pagsubok ay gaya rin ng eksamin para malaman ang ating kapasidad o kakayahan. Sinusubok tayo ng Diyos hindi dahil sa hindi tayo kilala o hindi alam ng Diyos ang ating kakayanan, kundi upang makilala natin ang ating sarili o mahayag kung sino talaga tayo, kung ano tayo kay Cristo. Baka kaya lang tayo nakasasamba o nakatutupad ng tungkulin ay dahil sa maginhawa o maaliwalas ang ating buhay. Papaano kung dumating na sa atin ang mga bagyo ng buhay, naranasan natin ang matinding kahirapan, mga mabibigat na pagsubok o kahadlangan? Sasamba pa rin kaya tayo? Tutupad pa rin kaya tayo ng ating tungkulin? Kaya may pagsubok. Hindi natin ito maiiwasan sapagka’t kailangan ito upang maipahayag natin ang ating katapatan sa ating Panginoong Diyos. Kaya huwag tayong magre-react na may diwang mapaghimagsik kung may mga pagsubok na dumarating. Huwag magdaramdam o sisihin ang Panginoong Diyos at ang pakikiisa kay Cristo. Huwag sasama ang ating loob na sasabihing, “Bakit nangyayari sa akin ang mga bagay na ito? Ako naman ay nananalig kay Cristo.”

Papaano dapat harapin at pakitunguhan ng mga kapatid ang mga matitinding pagsubok na nararanasan sa buhay?

I Pedro 4:13
    “Kundi kayo'y mangagalak, sapagka't kayo'y mga karamay sa mga hirap ni Cristo; upang sa pagkahayag ng kaniyang kaluwalhatian naman ay mangagalak kayo ng malabis na galak.”

Magalak tayo hindi dahil sa tayo ay nahihirapan o napipighati, kundi dahil sa buting idudulot ng ating paghihirap at pagtitiis dahil kay Cristo o sa ating pagsunod sa Kanya. Sapagkat kung mahayag na ang kaluwalhatian ng ating Panginoong Jesucristo (sa ikalawang pagparito) ay magagalak naman tayo ng malabis na galak, sapagka’t makakabahagi tayo sa kaluwalhatian na kaniyang tinamo.

Subali’t sinong nagdaan sa mga pagsubok ang makikinabang? Kailan magiging sa ikabubuti ang mga pagsubok na ating nararanasan?

Santiago 1:2-4 MB
    “Mga kapatid, magalak kayo kapag kayo'y dumaranas ng iba't ibang pagsubok, sapagkat alam ninyo na lalong magiging matatag ang inyong pananampalataya matapos ninyong pagtagumpayan ang mga pagsubok na iyan. At dapat kayong magpakatatag hanggang wakas upang kayo'y maging ganap at walang pagkukulang.”

Kung sa kabila ng pagsubok na dumating sa atin ay nanindigan tayo sa panig ng Diyos; Hindi tayo nanlupaypay, nanghina, o umurong sa paglilingkod sa Panginoong Diyos; Ang buting idudulot ? lalong tatatag ang pananampalataya.

Totoo ba ito sa pangyayari? Opo. Sino ba ang tunay na matatag sa pagdadala ng tungkulin? Hindi ba ang nagdaan sa maraming mga pagsubok at bagyo ng buhay at nakapanindigan? Ang dapat sikapin, maging matatag hanggang wakas, na anuman ang mangyari ? maghirap na kung maghihirap, masaktan na kung masasaktan ? ay hindi tayo bibitaw sa ating paniniwala kay Cristo, sa ating mga tungkulin, bagkus ay itataguyod natin ito hanggang sa wakas.

Bakit kailangan sa mga kapatid na masanay na harapin at pakitunguhan ang iba’t ibang pagsubok sa buhay?

Juan 17:11 MB
    “At ngayon, ako'y papunta na sa iyo; aalis na ako sa sanlibutan, ngunit nasa sanlibutan pa sila. Amang banal, ingatan mo sila sa pamamagitan ng kapangyarihan ng iyong pangalan, pangalang ibinigay mo sa akin, upang sila'y maging isa, kung paanong tayo'y iisa.”

Kailangan nating patunayan na tayo ay kaisa ng Panginoong Jesucristo at ng Panginoong Diyos. Kaya tulad ng Panginoong Jesucristo, ang dapat na laging naghahari sa ating pagkatao ay kung ano ang kalooban ng ating Panginoong Diyos.

Ano ang nasa sanlibutan na hindi maiiwasang sagupain nating mga hinirang?

Juan 16:33 MB
    “Sinabi ko ito sa inyo upang kayo'y magkaroon ng kapayapaan sa pakikipag-isa sa akin. Mayroon kayong kapighatian dito sa sanlibutan; ngunit laksan ninyo ang inyong loob! Napagtagumpayan ko na ang sanlibutan!"

May kapighatian sa sanlibutan: pagdurusa, mga hirap, at tiisin. Hindi natin maiiwasan ang mga ito. Dapat na matuto tayo na ito’y harapin. Maling mali na dahil sa mga hirap at tiisin ay hindi na tayo sasamba, uurong na tayo sa ating mga tungkulin kay Cristo. Kung wala na ba tayo o nagbitaw na sa ating tungkulin ay hindi na ba tayo maghihirap o hindi na ba tayo magtitiis? Baka mas lalo pa ang mga hirap at kasawian na ating mararanasan sa labas ng ating pananampalataya.

Ang payo sa atin, lakasan ang loob upang mapagtagumpayan din ang sanglibutan. Ayaw ni Cristo na tayo ay maduwag, matakot, o panghinaan ng loob. Kung napagtagumpayan ng ating Panginoong Jesucristo ang sanlibutan, magagawa din natin na ito ay mapagtagumpayan sa tulong niya at ng ating Panginoong Diyos. Ang totoo, hindi naman sa lahat ng panahon ay mapipighati tayo. Bakit hindi sa lahat ng panahon?

Saan ba ang tunay na pagkamamamayan ng mga hinirang ni Cristo?

Filipos 3:20
    “Sapagka't ang ating pagkamamamayan ay nasa langit; mula doon ay hinihintay naman natin ang Tagapagligtas, ang Panginoong Jesucristo.”

Naglalakbay at nakikiraan lamang tayo sa mundong ito. Ang ating destinasyon at tunay na bayan ay doon sa langit, ang Bayang Banal na siya nating tunay na tahanan. Kaya huwag nating ilagak ang ating puso sa mundong ito, huwag nating ubusin ang ating panahon sa mga bagay na panlupa lamang. Baka dahil lang sa hanapbuhay ay pababayaan na natin ang pagsamba o mawawala tayo dahil sa maling paraan ng pag-aasawa. Huwag din tayong paakit o patangay sa mga bisyo at kalayawan. Sa halip, lalo nating pagtapatan ang ating pananalig kay Cristo, lalo tayong maging masunurin sa lahat ng mga utos ng Diyos sa atin. Matiyaga nating hintayin ang pagbabalik ng ating Panginoong HesuCristo.

Ano ang ipinangako ng ating Panginoong Jesucristo sa kaniyang mga hinirang na hindi natin dapat malimutan?

Juan 14:2-3
    “Sa bahay ng aking Ama ay maraming tahanan; kung di gayon, ay sinabi ko sana sa inyo; sapagka't ako'y paroroon upang ipaghanda ko kayo ng dakong kalalagyan. At kung ako'y pumaroon at kayo'y maipaghanda ng kalalagyan, ay muling paririto ako, at kayo'y tatanggapin ko sa aking sarili; upang kung saan ako naroroon, kayo naman ay dumoon.”

Umakyat si Cristo sa langit, hindi dahil inabandona na niya tayo o pinabayaan. Tapos na ang kaniyang misyon sa lupa, naitatag na niya ang kaniyang simbahan at nagbuwis siya ng buhay upang tayo ay matubos sa ating kasalanan. Naroroon siya sa langit ngayon upang ihanda ang ating magiging tahanan. Nakaupo siya sa kanan ng Diyos upang ipamagitan pa tayo sa ating mga pananalangin at pangangailangan.

Bakit tiyak nating maaasahan ang pangako ng ating Panginoong Jesucristo? Ano ang kaniyang hiniling sa Ama bago siya umakyat sa langit?

Juan 17:24
    “Ama, yaong mga ibinigay mo sa akin ay ibig kong kung saan ako naroroon, sila naman ay dumoong kasama ko, upang makita nila ang kaluwalhatian ko, na ibinigay mo sa akin: sapagka't ako'y iyong inibig bago natatag ang sanglibutan.”

Si Cristo ang unang-unang nagnanais na tayo ay makasama niya sa langit. Hindi ba ang marapat ay tayo ang lalong magnasa na makasama niya sa langit?

Ano ba ang katangian ng pamumuhay doon sa tahanang inilalaan niya sa atin?

Apocalipsis 21:2, 4
    “At nakita ko ang bayang banal, ang bagong Jerusalem, na nananaog mula sa langit buhat sa Dios, na nahahandang gaya ng isang babaing kasintahan na nagagayakang talaga sa kaniyang asawa.”
    “At papahirin niya ang bawa't luha sa kanilang mga mata; at hindi na magkakaroon ng kamatayan; hindi na magkakaroon pa ng dalamhati, o ng pananambitan man, o ng hirap pa man: ang mga bagay nang una ay naparam na.”

Hindi ba napakasarap na mamuhay doon sa bayang banal. Sa mundong ito ay hindi natin maiiwasan ang mga hirap at tiisin sa pagtataguyod natin ng tunay na paglilingkod sa Diyos. Nguni’t huwag tayong mawalan ng pag-asa. Matibay ang pangako ng ating Panginoong Jesucristo. Magbabalik siya, kukunin niya tayo, tatapusin niya ang ating mga paghihirap at papalitan niya ito ng kagalakang walang hanggan.

Subali’t ano ang inaasahan sa atin? Mahalin natin at pakaingatan ang ating pananalig kay Cristo. Anuman ang bigat ng pagsubok na ating maranasan ay hindi tayo dapat bumitaw sa ating tungkulin. Hindi dapat na magkusang magpatiwalag sapagkat sa ganito ay tinatalikuran na natin ang ating Panginoong Diyos.

Nguni’t sa ganang sarili lamang natin ay hindi natin kayang pagtagumpayan ang mga pagsubok. Tayo’y mga tao lang na may hangganan at lipos ng mga kahinaan. Kailangan natin lagi ang tulong ng ating Panginoong Diyos at ng ating Panginoong Jesucristo. Nakahanda Sila na tayo ay tulungan at damayan. Ang totoo, ang Panginoong Diyos ay nakikinig at inaantabayanan tayo na dumulog at dumalangin sa Kaniya.

Ano ang ating kailangan? Ano ang bumabagabag sa atin? Hindi na ba natin makaya ang mga tiisin? Litong-lito na ba tayo sa bigat ng mga suliranin na ating nasasagupa? Napapagod na ba tayo at gusto nang sumuko sa hirap ng pagdadala ng buhay? Nagkakasakit na rin ba kayo at binabagabag ng maraming alalahanin sa buhay? Lumapit tayo sa Diyos at magmakaawa na sana ay tulungan Niya tayo sa ating abang kalagayan at makatawid tayo dito sa masamang sanlibutan.