Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• The Greatest Love of All

Today’s Scripture
    "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."(1 Corinthians 13:13, NKJV)

In our culture today, so many people are confused about what love is. We love pizza, movies and sports, but we also love our family or spouse. If we look to the Word of God, we see God’s definition of love. First Corinthians 13 tells us that “love is patient and kind. It does not envy nor boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It does not seek its own way, is not easily angered, and keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not rejoice in evil, but rejoices in the truth. Love believes, hopes and endures. Love never fails.”

This is how God responds to us, and this is how we should respond to the people in our lives—with patience, kindness, hope, humility and love. Scripture tells us that God is love, and His character never changes!

Today and every day, know that God loves you with an everlasting love. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He is for you and has a good plan for you. Receive His perfect love today and let Him transform you from the inside out. His love is the greatest love and will last throughout all eternity!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for doing a work in my life. Help me to be more like You. Help me to see others the way You see them and respond in love because You are love. I bless You and honor You today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Work of This Day

Almighty God, thank you for the work my hand may find this day. May I find gladness in all its toil and difficulty, its pleasure and success, and even in its failure and sorrow. I would look always away from myself, and behold the glory and the need of the world, that I may have the will and the strength to bring the gift of gladness to others; that with them I stand to bear the burden and heat of the day and offer you my work, as well as I may accomplish it, in your praise.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Let God Arise

Today’s Scripture
    “Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered...”(Psalm 68:1, NKJV)

Let me ask you today, what are you letting arise in your life? In other words, what are you focusing your words, energy and thoughts on? You might say, “Oh, it’s just so hard right now. I’ve lost some money.” “My health doesn’t look good.” “Somebody walked out on me.”

No, you’re focusing on the wrong things. You’re letting defeat, discouragement and self-pity rise up. Why don’t you turn that around and say, “God is still in control. Somebody may have walked out on me, but I know God is going to bring me somebody better.” “I may be hurting right now, but I know God is the restorer of my soul.” “I may have lost money in the stock market, but I’m not worried. I know God is my provider. He is supplying all of my needs. He is fighting my battles.”

When you start giving God glory and letting Him arise in your life, you can’t stay defeated. Your enemies will be scattered! They’ll tremble at your words of faith. Begin right now by declaring God’s goodness in your life and let Him arise so that you can move forward in the victory He has for you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I repent right now for allowing any negative, self-defeating thoughts or attitudes rise up in my life. You alone are my God, and I put my trust in You. I bless You today and always and choose to look for the good things You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for Holiness

All provident Lord, place Your holy fear as a guard before my eyes so they may not look lustfully; before my ears so that they may not delight in hearing evil words; before my mouth so that it may not speak any falsehoods; before my heart so that it may not think evil; before my hands so that they may not do injustice; before my feet, that they may not walk in the paths of injustice; but so direct them, that they may always be according to all Your commandments.

Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Higher

Today’s Scripture
    “From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”(Psalm 61:2, NIV)

Everyone goes through seasons of difficulty. We all face challenges and trials. Scripture tells us that in this world we will have trouble, but we can be encouraged today because He has overcome the world and disarmed it of the power to harm us! Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world. His ways are higher than our ways, and He has promised to deliver us!

So many times, people feel stuck in their circumstances because they are looking at them from a natural perspective. This natural perspective is limited. It’s small. It’s only a fraction of what’s really going on. But if we’ll rise up to a higher level, we will see things the way God sees them. We’ll understand His purposes and see the way to victory!

Today, if you’re feeling overwhelmed, Jesus is the rock who is high above your circumstances. When you call on Him, He will be with you. He will lead you and guide you into the higher places He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I release every care and concern to You. Have Your way in my circumstances. Have Your way in me. Help me, Jesus, to come up higher in every area of my life with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Freedom from Depression and Fear

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness and I feel my weakness and helplessness, give me the sense of Your presence, Your love, and Your strength. Help me to have perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power, so that nothing may frighten or worry me, for, living close to You, I shall see Your hand, Your purpose, Your will through all things.

Amen!

~ (Saint) Ignatius of Loyola (1537)

<click here for link>
  • Your Ever-Present Help

Today’s Scripture
    "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."(Psalm 46:1, NIV)

God is always with you. That means He is present at all times - continually, perpetually, throughout all time. In your day of trouble, He promises to be a help to you. How is He your help? “Help” means something different to each person. That’s because “help” is specific to your need. If you need money to pay your bills, a chocolate cake isn’t going to be much help! But we serve a God who is very specific. And because He is always with you, He always knows exactly what you need and is always ready to provide it!

Today, are you facing trouble or adversity? Know that God is with you. Look to Him for help. Trust that He has the answer, and that He is working things out in your favor. As you continue to believe Him and follow His direction, He will lead you in the way that you should go. He will comfort you, revive you, restore you and bless you! He will be your ever-present help because He is forever faithful to His Word!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Benediction

Lord, support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then, of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Seeing Potential in Others

Today’s Scripture
    “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”(Ephesians 6:18, NIV)

It’s easy to be someone’s friend when they’ve got it all together, when they’re walking in blessing and prosperity. Anybody can believe in people after they’re successful, after they graduate, after they’re promoted, after they get their big break.

But, people need our prayer and support the most before they get their breakthrough. They need us to look past their faults and failures and see their potential. Most times, people just need a little bit of encouragement to keep them moving forward. You may have some good advice that could save someone a lot of heartache and pain. Don’t keep it to yourself. Pick up the phone. Help them win. They may need to just hear, “I’m praying for you.”

Remember, you are the hands and feet of Jesus. When you help others rise higher, you are fulfilling His mission. Today, share your love, support and encouragement. Invest life in others, see their potential, pray for them, and together, you’ll rise higher into the blessing God has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for giving me influence with the people in my life. Thank You for equipping me to help others rise higher. I commit to pray for others and encourage people to be all You called them to be in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • For Guidance

O God, be present with us always; dwell within our hearts. With thy light and thy Spirit guide our souls, our thoughts, and all our actions, that we may teach thy Word, that thy healing power may be in us and in thy church universal.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • His Plan for You Remains

Today’s Scripture
    "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."(1 John 1:9, ESV)

No matter where you’ve been, no matter what you’ve done, realize today that your destiny supersedes your mistakes. When God designed the plan for your life, it wasn’t dependent on you being perfect, never making a mistake, or never taking a wrong turn.

No, God knew we would all make mistakes. He knows how to get you back on track no matter where you are in life. Just like there are many routes on a map, God has a plan to help you reach your destination. He has detours, shortcuts and bypasses. He has already calculated the entire route for your life.

Today, if you’re feeling like you’ve blown it, if you feel like you are too old, too far gone or too far off track, know that nothing you’ve done, no mistake that you’ve made—or ever will make—is a surprise to God. He’s already got it figured out. He’s arranged a comeback for every setback! He has grace for every weakness. He has mercy for every failure.

Receive it today and move forward with boldness into the destiny He has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the gifts and talents You’ve given me. Thank You for keeping me on track and ordering my steps. I repent today for any disobedience that has caused me to get off course. Keep me close to You always as I set my love on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer For Guidance

Mighty Lord, there are marvelous things that I do not know, nor can I comprehend: things that happen in my life, and things that happen in my friends’ lives, and things that happen in the world. I pray to be thankful when I hear of all of them, to appreciate everything that comes across my path. So often life hurts, and I get angry or upset; I do not understand, yet you ask me to be thankful for everything, and have faith.

So I thank you now, Lord, for all those occasions when I have forgotten or have been so caught up in emotions that I could not. Help me to be thankful, I pray, when the rains come on the just and the unjust, that you care so much about me, that the rains come to chasten, to build character and godliness in me. And help me to live as a mirror of your Son, so that I might reach others.

Amen!
  • The Greatness of His Favor

Today’s Scripture
    “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us...raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”(Ephesians 2:4–7, NKJV)

Oftentimes, people set their focus on what God has done in the past—how He parted the Red Sea or stopped the sun for Joshua or fed thousands of people with just a little boy’s small lunch. Yes, God has performed many amazing miracles throughout history, and it’s important that we give Him praise. But at the same time, we also have to look forward to what God wants to do in our lives today.

In today’s verse, Paul says that “in the ages to come,” God would do things that exceed anything He’s ever done before. I believe that the “ages to come” is this day and time we’re living in right now. God wants to outdo Himself in our generation! Remember, God is a God of increase! Where you are today is not where you are supposed to stay. He has greater levels of His favor and blessing in store for your future. Dare to dream big! Dare to keep a God-sized vision in front of you! Dare to take hold of every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for showing me Your love. Today I open my heart and mind to You so that I can see the greatness of what You want to do in my life. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for This Day

Today is a blessed beautiful day and I praise God for allowing me another day to be on this earth. I ask Lord that you touch those whose hearts have turned cold and no longer care. I pray that they see your way is the greater way. Thank you Lord.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Growing Your Faith

Today’s Scripture
    "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."(Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Do you desire to have more faith? Scripture tells us that faith can grow and increase. Notice that today’s Scripture doesn’t say, “Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time.” It says that faith comes by hearing—in the present tense. We have to hear the Word of God over and over again in order for it to take root in our hearts and transform our minds. Sure, God’s Word can transform us in an instant, but most of the time, our faith grows as we hear the Word of God again and again.

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. The more you hear God’s Word, the more you know Him. The more you know Him, the more you will be able to believe Him—and that’s what faith is!

Today, why don’t you choose a few Scriptures to meditate on? Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Let that truth sink down into your soul. Let the truth of the Word transform you and move you forward into the abundant life God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You more in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • My Soul Clings to Thee

When the lightning flash has lit up the camp dining hall, how feeble seems the light from the lamp. Thus dost Thou, like the lightning, unexpectedly light up my heart with flashes of intense joy. After Thy blinding light, how drab, how colorless, how illusory all else seems. My soul clings to Thee.

Glory to Thee, the highest peak of men's dreaming;
    Glory to Thee for our unquenchable thirst for communion with God;
    Glory to Thee, making us dissatisfied with earthly things;
    Glory to Thee, turning on us Thine healing rays;
    Glory to Thee, subduing the power of the spirits of darkness
    And dooming to death every evil;
    Glory to Thee for the signs of Thy presence,
    For the joy of hearing Thy voice and living in Thy love.
    Glory to Thee, O God, from age to age,

Amen!

~ Gregory Petrov, just before his death in a prison camp in 1940.

<click here for link>
  • Ask for Rain

Today’s Scripture
    "Ask the LORD for rain in the time of the latter rain..."(Zechariah 10:1, NKJV)

We all face disappointments and setbacks. Life is full of things that try to push us down. Maybe you got bad news concerning your health. A relationship didn't work out. Maybe you lost your job. It was a setback. When we face setbacks, it's easy to get discouraged or lose our enthusiasm. Too often, we are tempted to just settle where we are.

But if we're going to see God's best, we have to have a bounce-back mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don't stay down. You get back up again. It means when disappointments come, you shake them off knowing that what the enemy meant for your harm, God is going to turn around and use for your good.

When you're a bounce-back person, you know that adversity is not permanent. Weeping may endure for a night, but you know joy is coming in the morning. There is wonderful joy ahead on the other side of this trial. Keep standing, keep believing, and choose to be a bounce-back person because you are coming out better off than you were before! You are rising higher, and you will fulfill the destiny God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, mercy and favor. I ask for rain in the time of rain. I ask for increase in Your favor and blessing so I can be a blessing to those around me today and always in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • My Mom had a bad fall this morning as she got off balanced, she hit her hip on the side of the bed and her head bounced off the chair beside it. We rushed her to the hospital and all vital tests- xrays, ctscan, etc were NEGATIVE of any major injuries except for superficial ones like bruises and minor scratches. She's 86 years old and to practically be unscathed for such an ordeal's really a miracle. The Hand of God truly kept her safe. I have had my ups and downs with my spiritual journey, BUT He remained true and steadfast that He never leave us nor forsake us, sending His Angels to protect us and our loved ones. All the glory to Him our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
  • For Open Eyes

Lord Jesus, light of the world, open my eyes to notice the magnificence of creation. Open my eyes that I may always value and appreciate all who are part of my life. Open my eyes that I may be quick to notice when people are going through difficulties. Open my eyes so that I share your vision and see truly and deeply, outside of myself.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • @musicgeek

to GOD be the glory! :) we serve a faithful GOD :)
  • Let God Arise

Today’s Scripture
    “Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered...”(Psalm 68:1, NKJV)

Let me ask you today, what are you letting arise in your life? In other words, what are you focusing your words, energy and thoughts on? You might say, “Oh, it’s just so hard right now. I’ve lost some money.” “My health doesn’t look good.” “Somebody walked out on me.”

No, you’re focusing on the wrong things. You’re letting defeat, discouragement and self-pity rise up. Why don’t you turn that around and say, “God is still in control. Somebody may have walked out on me, but I know God is going to bring me somebody better.” “I may be hurting right now, but I know God is the restorer of my soul.” “I may have lost money in the stock market, but I’m not worried. I know God is my provider. He is supplying all of my needs. He is fighting my battles.”

When you start giving God glory and letting Him arise in your life, you can’t stay defeated. Your enemies will be scattered! They’ll tremble at your words of faith. Begin right now by declaring God’s goodness in your life and let Him arise so that you can move forward in the victory He has for you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I repent right now for allowing any negative, self-defeating thoughts or attitudes rise up in my life. You alone are my God, and I put my trust in You. I bless You today and always and choose to look for the good things You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer of Confession

Most merciful God, I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself; and I sorrow for these wrongful acts and omissions from the bottom of my heart.

I humbly and fully repent all of my misdeeds, and pray that for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, you will have mercy on me and forgive me, not by my merits, but by that grace that He has granted those who confess his name. And I pray that you will be in my heart and walk with me, that I might sin no more.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Chosen

Today’s Scripture
    “For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world...”(Ephesians 1:4, NIV)

God chose you before the foundations of the earth. Before the worlds were ever formed, He knew you and He didn’t create you to be average. He didn’t create you to barely get by, no, He created you to excel! Not only has He chosen you, but He has equipped you with everything you need to live an abundant life. He has deposited seeds of greatness inside every person. But in order to tap into those seeds of greatness, you have to believe and act on this truth.

Too many people today are going around with low self-esteem, feeling inferior like they don’t have what it takes. They are living a lie. As long as you have a poor self-image you’re not going to experience God’s best. In order to be all that God has called us to be, we have to see ourselves as chosen, valuable and victorious.

Today, meditate on this truth. Let it sink down deeply into your heart. Let it build confidence and security in you. As you understand your value, you’ll rise up higher and experience the life of victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for equipping me. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You in confidence and trust all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
  • Prayer For Protection of Body and Soul

Heavenly Father, I give you thanks for the protection you give me. You protect my body from the mighty forces of the universe that would kill me in an instant, with your good earth you have freely given me.

You sustain my life with air, food, water, the shining sun and the gentle rain, the rich earth that grows my food. You protect my body from disease and trauma by the miracle of healing and the wonders of science.

Most of all, I thank you for preserving me from evil, the preservation of my soul; for the enemies of my soul abound on this earth, and often, I would do the damage myself. I pray that I have wisdom sufficient to allow you to do your will, and enter me, and protect my soul from dangers within and without by your infinite power.

Let me put on your armor every day, and with your help and the forgiving grace of my savior, Jesus Christ, be kept pure, so that I may one day come before you in perfect joy.

In the name of the same Jesus Christ, I pray,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Daily Benefits

Today’s Scripture
    “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...”(Psalm 68:19, NKJV)

This morning when you woke up, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Maybe you have a deadline to meet or a big appointment at work. Maybe you are facing a challenge or going through a difficulty in a relationship that seems to consume your thoughts.

Today, I want to encourage you; instead of focusing on what your circumstances have to offer, focus on what God has to offer you. His mercies are new every morning, and His compassion never fails. He has victory in store for you today; He has provision in store for you today; He has joy in store for you today, and He has peace in store for you today. He daily loads you with blessing!

The key to accessing these daily benefits is setting your focus in the right direction. You can’t wait to see how you feel, what kind of mood your spouse is in, what the traffic is like or what the stock market is doing. No, you have to choose to set your focus by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I am blessed and cannot be cursed! I know God is directing my steps; something good is going to happen to me today!”

A Prayer for Today
    “Heavenly Father, today I choose to focus on You. I open my heart and mind to receive Your daily benefits. Show me ways to be a blessing to others and a good example of Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Benediction

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Call Out Seeds of Greatness

Today’s Scripture
    "...God…calls those things which do not exist as though they did."(Romans 4:17, NKJV)

Very often, we see potential in other people that they haven’t see in themselves. When you speak vision into them, when you tell them what they can become, you can help set the direction for their life. Your words have the power to push people into their divine destiny.

I believe that the reason some people are not living at their full potential is because no one has ever spoken faith into them. No one has taken the time to say, “Hey, you’re great at this. You have a gift here. You’re going to do something amazing!” I believe that one of our assignments in life is to call out the seeds of greatness in other people. Look around at who God has placed in your life. They’re not there by accident. Take time to study them. See what they’re good at. What are their gifts? What do they excel at? Don’t just think about it, speak vision into them. Tell them what they can become.
    Let your encouragement ignite the greatness on the inside. Help them rise up in confidence so they can be all God has called them to be!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the people You’ve placed in my life. I choose to be faithful, to speak life and call forth the greatness in them. Thank You for bringing me to new levels as I help others rise higher, too, in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • His Plan for You Remains

Today’s Scripture
    "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."(1 John 1:9, ESV)

No matter where you’ve been, no matter what you’ve done, realize today that your destiny supersedes your mistakes. When God designed the plan for your life, it wasn’t dependent on you being perfect, never making a mistake, or never taking a wrong turn.

No, God knew we would all make mistakes. He knows how to get you back on track no matter where you are in life. Just like there are many routes on a map, God has a plan to help you reach your destination. He has detours, shortcuts and bypasses. He has already calculated the entire route for your life.

Today, if you’re feeling like you’ve blown it, if you feel like you are too old, too far gone or too far off track, know that nothing you’ve done, no mistake that you’ve made—or ever will make—is a surprise to God. He’s already got it figured out. He’s arranged a comeback for every setback! He has grace for every weakness. He has mercy for every failure. Receive it today and move forward with boldness into the destiny He has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the gifts and talents You’ve given me. Thank You for keeping me on track and ordering my steps. I repent today for any disobedience that has caused me to get off course. Keep me close to You always as I set my love on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • By the Breath of God

Today’s Scripture
    "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord Almighty."(Zechariah 4:6, NIV)

In the original Hebrew, the word “spirit” in today’s verse literally means “breath.” This Scripture is saying that the breakthroughs that are coming in our lives are not going to happen just by our talent, our connections or who we know.

It’s going to happen because God breathes in our direction. God will shift the winds that blow healing, promotion and restoration our way. How are you going to get well? The medical report may say it’s impossible, but when God breathes on you, health, wholeness and restoration are headed toward you. How are you going to accomplish your dreams? You may not know the right people or have enough money or feel as though you have the talent.
    No, God is breathing and sending ideas, resources and the right connections your direction. If you will stay faithful and keep honoring and obeying God, suddenly, things will change. Suddenly, you will come into abundance. Suddenly, your child will turn around. Suddenly, you will get well. Suddenly, the breath of God will shift things in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for breathing in my direction. Thank You for restoring life, peace, health and wholeness to my body and mind. I bless You today and receive the supernatural shifts You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer of Thanks

Almighty and gracious Father, I give you thanks for the fruits of the earth in their season and for the labors of those who harvest them. Make me and all of my brothers and sisters in Christ, I pray, faithful stewards of your great bounty, for the provision of our necessities and the relief of all who are in need, to the glory of your Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

Amen!

<click here for link>