Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• What Are Your Goals?

Today’s Scripture
    "...I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back."(Philippians 3:13-14, MSG)

The reason it is so important for you to set and achieve goals is that you have a unique purpose that only you can fulfill. It's kind of like building your own house--something you had better not attempt without a clear vision of your goals and a good set of blueprints, or you may wind up with some extra doors or windows and no place to put them!

God is the architect of your life. His Word is a blueprint of His hopes and plans for your life. Trust Him to help you set your goals. If you have a problem being focused and setting goals for your life, one of the best things you can do is to start writing them down, both short-term and long-term ones. It's amazing how your life can begin to take shape when you can see on paper where you want to go.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, thank You that You are the architect of my life. Give me the wisdom to follow Your blueprint and set goals that reflect Your desires for me in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Holy Spirit’s Guidance

Gracious God,
    Send your Holy Spirit to deepen my worship life.
    Open my heart to the gifts and cultures which surround my church.
    Open my heart to the people who are different from me.
    In Jesus’ name, I pray.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • The Great I Am

Today’s Scripture
    “God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.’”(Exodus 3:14, NIV)

We serve a great and mighty God! He is the Creator of the universe, the one who spoke the worlds into existence. He’s called the Great I AM, and He’s saying today, “I am everything you need. I am your strength. I am your wisdom. I am your protection. I am your provider. I am your way maker. I am your problem solver. I am your dream giver. I am your victory!”

David put it this way in Psalm 138, “Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me.” Maybe you feel like David today. You’re surrounded by all kinds of difficulties. You’re tempted to just settle right where you are. You need to get your fire back!

Instead of focusing on how big your problems are, focus on how big your God is! He is everything you need. He is the Great I AM, and He is the one leading and guiding you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I choose to focus on Your greatness today. Thank You for being the I AM—everything that I need to live the life of victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for Christ to be with Us

May the peace of the Lord Christ go with us,
    wherever He may send us.

May He guide us through the wilderness,
    protect us through the storm.

May He bring us home rejoicing
    at the wonders He has shown us.

May He bring us home rejoicing
    once again into our doors.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Declare His Deeds

Today’s Scripture
    “Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.”(Psalm 40:5, NIV)

God has wonderful things prepared for your future! Even though you might be facing some circumstances that seem unfair, or things aren’t going the way you planned, God’s good plan still remains. Even when life isn’t fair, God is always fair. He is always working behind the scenes on your behalf to move you forward into the destiny that He has prepared for you.

Remember, in order to keep your life moving in the right direction, you need to keep your thoughts, heart and words moving in the right direction. The best way to do this is by declaring His wonderful deeds! When you start recounting all the ways God has blessed your life, just like the psalmist, you’ll find that His goodness goes beyond what you could ever imagine.

Right now, take a moment and think about all the goodness in your life. Declare His deeds and focus your thoughts on Him. Keep your words and thoughts going in the right direction so you can keep moving forward into the abundant life He has promised you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I declare Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for blessing me beyond my comprehension. You alone are worthy of all the praise, glory and honor. I bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Benediction

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and always.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • This One Thing

Today’s Scripture
    “...I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.”(Philippians 3:13, NLT)

Are you focused on forgetting the past? Many people don’t fully understand what that means. They wonder, “How can I forget something that’s happened to me?” But one definition of the word forget is to “disregard intentionally or to overlook.” What this verse is saying is that you have to choose to disregard your past so that it doesn’t keep you from moving forward. That means the good and the bad. Even our past victories can sometimes keep us from rising higher. If we don’t let go of the old, we’ll never be able to embrace the new.

It doesn’t matter what’s happened in your history, it’s time to forget what lies behind. Make the choice today to look forward. Trust that God has a better future in store for you. Trust that He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. As you forget what lies behind and press forward, you will see the abundant life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I choose to forget the past today. I don’t want anything to hold me back from the good future You have prepared for me. I choose forgiveness and ask that You help me by Your Spirit to press forward in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • For Peace

Holy God, from whom all thoughts of truth and love and peace proceed, and whose Son is rightly called the Prince of Peace; kindle in the hearts of all men the fire of longing for peaceful existence so powerful that they may never long to do violence against another.

Guide with pure wisdom those who guide the nations of the earth and the many factions who may find disagreement, that your kingdom may go forward in tranquility and goodness, free of hatred and hostility, until the earth is filled with knowledge of your love. In the name of Christ, I pray,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • He Holds You In His Hand

Today’s Scripture
    "Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you...I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand…"(Isaiah 41:10, AMPC)

We all face situations in life that feel out of control. During times like these, it’s easy to get discouraged and allow fear to creep in. Instead, why don’t you focus on the fact that God is holding you in the palms of His hands! There is nothing too difficult for Him; nothing’s impossible; nothing is beyond His ability. When God holds you in His hands, you are safe; you are cared for. In His hands, there is victory. In His hands, there is strength. In His hands, there is provision. In His hands is everything you need.

No matter what you may be going through today, you can trust that God is for you. Instead of getting down and depressed over your circumstances, look up and get a vision of God turning that situation around. Let faith rise in your heart and focus on His favor, promotion and blessing. As you keep your heart and mind focused on Him and choose to obey His Word, you’ll see those supernatural breaks that will launch you further ahead than you ever thought possible because He holds you with His victorious right hand!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for helping me and holding me in Your victorious right hand. I choose to trust You even when things don’t make sense, even when things seem beyond my control. I release my cares to You knowing that You work all things together for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Forgiveness

Gracious God, our sins are too heavy to carry, too real to hide, and too deep to undo. Forgive what our lips tremble to name, what our hearts can no longer bear, and what has become for us a consuming fire of judgment.

Set us free from a past that we cannot change; open to us a future in which we can be changed; and grant us grace to grow more and more in your likeness and image, through Jesus Christ, the light of the world.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Fulfilling the Law of Christ

Today’s Scripture
    “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”(Galatians 6:2, NIV)

When we live in peace and unity, it pleases God. When we love and serve others, putting their needs above our own, we are honoring Him. When we carry each other’s burdens, we are fulfilling the law of Christ, which is to love others.

What does it mean to carry each other’s burdens? There are many ways to reach out to people and help shoulder their load, so to speak. Just by giving an encouraging word or smile, you can help lighten the load for someone. When you pray and intercede for others in their day of difficulty, you are helping to carry their burdens. Maybe there are other ways to help the people around you. Maybe you can pay for someone’s groceries or give someone cash at the gas pump. Anytime you help others and reach out to those in need, Scripture says you are directly lending a hand to God Himself.

Today, look for ways to lighten the load for the people around you. Be a burden lifter. Remember, in God’s kingdom what you sow, you shall reap. When you help others, God promises to repay you. He’ll pour out His victory and blessing on you all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I want to fulfill Your law of love by serving and helping others. Show me how to be a blessing to the people around me so that I can help carry their burdens in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer to the Holy Spirit to be with Me This Day

In utter humility, before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I come before you this morning, Eternal Spirit of God, to offer myself, my soul and body to you. I live in awe of your purity, your justice, and the power of your love.

You are the strength and light of my soul, for without you I have neither life nor goodness. I desire never to grieve you by unfaithfulness, and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against you.

Mercifully guard my every thought; and grant that I may always watch for your light, and listen to your voice, and follow your gracious inspirations. Give me grace, O Holy Spirit, Spirit of the Father and the Son, to listen first for your voice in everything I may say or do, this day and always,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • He Lifts You Up

Today’s Scripture
    "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair…He set my feet on solid ground…He has given me a new song to sing…"(Psalm 40:1-3, NLT)

Have you ever felt as though you were in a pit of despair?

Just as God lifted David out, God is going to lift you out. That depression is not the end. That sickness is not the end, and that addiction is not the final chapter. Where you are right now is not where you’re going to stay. There are brighter days ahead for you that are filled with favor, promotion and increase.

Notice that God gives us a new song, but we have to do our part to sing that song. That means you don’t go around talking about your problems, how bad things are, or how you’re never going to make it. No, you have a song of victory! If somebody asks you how you’re doing, your attitude should be, "I refuse to dwell on the negative things that have happened to me. I’m moving forward in strength and power."

Remember, praise precedes the victory, and the Scripture tells us that God inhabits our praises. As you magnify and lift Him up, He will lift you up out of your despair. He’ll set your feet on solid ground, and you’ll move forward in joy and victory in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for lifting me up to higher places. Thank You for putting a new song in my heart. I choose to sing and be grateful today for the life of blessing You have in store for me in Jesus' name! Amen!"
  • HAIL to thee, Amun-Ra, Lord of the thrones of the earth, the oldest existence, ancient of heaven, support of all things;
    Chief of the gods, lord of truth; father of the gods, maker of men and beasts and herbs; maker of all things above and below;
    Deliverer of the sufferer and oppressed, judging the poor;
    Lord of wisdom, lord of mercy; most loving, opener of every eye, source of joy, in whose goodness the gods rejoice, thou whose name is hidden.
    Thou art the one, maker of all that is, the one; the only one; maker of gods and men; giving food to all.
    Hail to thee, thou one with many heads; sleepless when all others sleep, adoration to thee.
    Hail to thee from all creatures from every land, from the height of heaven, from the depth of the sea.
    The spirits thou hast made extol thee, saying, welcome to thee, father of the fathers of the gods; we worship thy spirit which is in us.
  • To Love Others

Holy Lord, give me the grace to embody love for others in spite of what they say or do, and to express the sacrificial love of Jesus by treating others in the way Jesus treated me. My confidence is in You, and I will steadfastly hold fast to You rather than wringing my hands over the evils in this generation.

Amen!
    ~ Ken Boa

<click here for link>
  • Be Great in the Midst of Criticism

Today’s Scripture
    "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you."(Matthew 5:44, NKJV)

If you’re going to pursue greatness, if you’re going to be a great businessperson, a great teacher, a great parent or a great leader, you have to understand that not everyone is going to cheer you on. I’d love to tell you that your family, friends and coworkers will celebrate you, but that’s not necessarily the case. Some people simply can’t handle your success. As you grow and increase, as God pours out His favor on you, someone will get jealous and start finding fault. Don’t be surprised if a relative tries to belittle or discredit you. You can’t focus on making everyone around you happy or you’ll start changing and lose sight of what God has placed in your heart.

Remember, your destiny is too great to be distracted by people who are never going to affirm you. Don’t take it personally. It’s not about you. It’s their problem. Shake it off, run your race, and be great anyway.

Having greatness in the midst of criticism begins with forgiveness. Don’t hold a grudge. Bless those who curse you; pray for those who spitefully use you. As you keep doing what is right, God will honor you. He’ll promote you, and you’ll be great in the midst of criticism!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I choose to forgive those who have criticized me. I choose to bless those who have hurt me. I choose to be great because You have equipped and empowered me to be great in the midst of criticism in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Save Your Servant

Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me;
    For I am poor and needy.
    Preserve my life, for I am holy;
    You are my God;
    Save Your servant who trusts in You!
    Be merciful to me, O Lord,
    For I cry to You all day long.
    Rejoice the soul of Your servant,
    For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
    For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
    And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
    And attend to the voice of my supplications.
    In Christ’s name, I pray,

Amen!
    ~ from Psalm 86

<click here for link>
  • Trust Him with Your Dreams

Today’s Scripture
    "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives."(John 12:24, NLT)

Are you frustrated because a dream isn't happening on your timetable? It's good to be passionate about your dreams, but did you know a dream can become an idol? If that's all you think about and you're not going to be happy unless it happens your way, that's out of balance. The fact is, sometimes you have to put that dream on the altar.

Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, but when we let them go, that's when God can bring them to pass. If you'll release that frustration and not let it become the center of your attention, that's when God can begin to move. Take that same time and energy to thank God that He's directing your steps and watch how it opens the door for God to give you the desires of your heart.

We have to remember, God already knows what we want and what we are in need of. He's the One who put those desires in us. We shouldn't be consumed with trying to make things happen. Instead, a greater act of faith is to be happy right where you are! Stay open and trust God because He has good plans in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I release my dreams and desires like a seed falling to the ground. I know that You have a good plan for my future, and I trust that Your plans will unfold in every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • For a Blessing on the Families of the Land

Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who sets the solitary person in the comfort of families; I commend to your continual care the homes in which your people dwell. Put far from them, I beseech you, every root of bitterness, the desire of boastful vanity, and the pride of life.

Fill them with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness. Knit together in constant affection those who, in holy wedlock, have been made one flesh; turn the heart of the parents to the children, and the heart of the children to the parents; and fill us all with true love and charity, so that we put aside petty differences and act with kind affection and the sympathy of brotherly love; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • He Gives You What You Need

Today’s Scripture
    "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus…"(Philippians 4:19, NIV)

In 2 Samuel 12 is the story of how King David got off course with his life. The prophet Nathan was correcting him. In doing so, he reminded David of what God had brought him through. David had seen God’s goodness, favor, protection and provision down through the years. And in verse 8, God made an interesting statement through Nathan: “David, if it had not been enough, I would have given you much, much more.” In other words, “David, looking back over your life, if you were ever lacking, if you ever needed more wisdom, more favor, more protection, more finances, I would have given it to you.”

That tells us that we have what we need right now in order to fulfill our destiny. The moment it become insufficient is the moment that God will give you more. The moment it begins to stop God’s plan for your life is the moment God will intervene on your behalf. Today, be encouraged that you have what you need, and what you need tomorrow is on its way! God is closely watching your life. He is faithful and saying to you what He said to David: “If it’s ever not enough, you can count on Me. I will always be there to give you more.”

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for being my Source and Supply. I declare that my trust and hope is in You. I choose to rest in You knowing that You have provided everything I need for today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Forgiveness by Living

"O Lord, remember not only the men and women of good will, but also those of ill will. But do not remember all the suffering they have inflicted on us; remember the fruits we have bought, thanks to this suffering — our comradeship, our loyalty our humility, our courage, our generosity, the greatness of heart which has grown out of all this, and when they come to judgment, let all the fruits which we have borne be their forgiveness."

~ Prayer found by a Russian soldier
    on May 17, 1945, in Ravensbruck
    concentration camp, on a piece of
    paper pinned to the body
    of a child.

<click here for link>
  • Prayer To Find God in His Creation

Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today;
    And give us not to think so far away
    As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
    All simply in the springing of the year.

Oh, give us pleasure in the orchard white,
    Like nothing else by day, like ghosts by night;
    And make us happy in the happy bees,
    The swarm dilating round the perfect trees.

And make us happy in the darting bird
    That suddenly above the bees is heard,
    The meteor that thrusts in with needle bill,
    And off a blossom in mid air stands still.

For this is love and nothing else is love,
    To which it is reserved for God above
    To sanctify to what far ends he will,
    But which it only needs that we fulfill.

Amen!
    by Robert Frost

<click here for link>
  • Out of Season

Today’s Scripture
    “…Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert...”(Isaiah 35:6, NIV)

There are times when things aren’t going your way, business is down, the medical report isn’t good. It’s not your season. The good news is that God specializes in doing things out of season. He doesn’t wait for the perfect circumstances to line up, for you to have the training, for the right people to believe in you. He does things unexpectedly. He’ll make water pour out in your dry places and cause you to blossom out of season. What happened? God blessed you out of season.

Do you feel out of season as though you’re stuck in some area? Stay encouraged. God has you in the palms of His hands. Get ready for an “out of season” blessing, for an “it’s beyond my imagination” healing, for an “it doesn’t make sense” promotion. God is about to do something unusual, something that’s bigger than you’ve dreamed, where you’re going to say, “Wow, God! I didn’t see that coming!”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are not limited by seasons or the right conditions to be in place in order for You to do what You want. Thank You that You’re always working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that You will bless me out of season. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Meditation

“A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.”

~ Amelia Earhart

<click here for link>
  • Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you.

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • His Goodness Leads You to Him

Today’s Scripture
    "…the goodness of God leads you to repentance."(Romans 2:4, NKJV)

In the natural, when we’ve wronged someone, sometimes it’s easier to avoid them than to face the discomfort or potential rejection. Oftentimes, people have this same approach to God. Have you ever heard someone say, “If I walk into church, the roof will cave in?” They think they should keep their distance because of the wrong they’ve done.

But nothing could be further from the truth! God’s not mad at you; He’s madly in love with you! He’s waiting for you with open arms. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you’ve done; know that His goodness is what’s drawing you to Him.

Today, don’t let condemnation keep you from going to God. Trust His kindness. He wants you to experience His goodness. He wants to show you His faithfulness. He’s promised He’ll never leave you nor forsake you. Turn to Him today and let Him pour His lovingkindness out on you and empower you to live the good life that He has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for Your kindness. I come to You and repent of any sin that would keep me from You. Give me strength to live in the blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • For a Heart Open to God’s Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always,

Amen!

<click here for link>
  • Draw on His Strength

Today’s Scripture
    “But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might...”(Micah 3:8, ESV)

Today’s scripture tells us that Micah knew how to encourage himself in the Lord. He understood how to draw courage and purpose into his life. He realized the power in his words and spoke God’s truth to prepare him to accomplish all God had in store.

When we declare God’s Word and come into agreement with Him, that is faith in action! Just like salvation comes when we believe and declare what we believe (Romans 10:9–10), all of God’s truth is established when we believe and declare it. (Job 22:28). That’s how we invite Him into our lives!

Today, invite God into your life by the words you speak. Draw on His strength by declaring His Word. Declare that He is with you, and He has equipped you to overcome every obstacle you may face!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for filling me with Your power and strength. I declare that You are with me equipping me for every circumstance in this life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Rising Up

Today’s Scripture
    "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."(Isaiah 40:31, KJV)

We serve a God of increase. He wants you to continually rise up higher in Him. He wants you to know Him more so He can reveal His glory through you. He wants you to be blessed so that you can be a blessing to others. He wants to take you to the next level in every area of your life!

The “next level” looks different for each of us. For you, it may be seeing your family restored. It may be healing in your body. It may be a promotion at work or new friendships that you’ve desired. No matter what it is, know that God has your best in His heart. He desires to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond what you could ask, think or imagine. He loves to do above and beyond and show Himself strong on your behalf.

Today, meditate on the fact that God loves you so much. As you submit every area of your life to Him, He will cause you to rise up higher. He will give you strength and take you to the next level in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You giving You every area of my mind, will and emotions. I submit my desires to You knowing that Your ways are higher. Thank You for leading me and causing me to rise up to the next level in every area of life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Set the Tone

Today’s Scripture
    “I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.”(Psalm 34:1, NLT)

When you wake up in the morning, do you expect the goodness of God in your life? Do you set the tone of the day for success, favor and blessing?

It doesn’t matter what happened yesterday, last week, last month or last year; today is a new day. This moment, you have the power to make a change in your life. Things may be bad all around you. People may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don’t let that spirit rub off on you. Instead, choose to bless the Lord at all times. Let His praise continually be in your mouth.

Stay determined to set the tone for each new day by speaking words of faith over your future. Expect that your path will shine brighter and brighter each day. Enlarge your vision and make room for God to do amazing things in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me at all times. I choose to constantly speak Your praises in Jesus’ name! Amen!”