Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Prayer for All People

O God, the creator and preserver of all mankind, I humbly pray to you for all sorts and conditions of humanity; that it might please you to make your Word known to them and bring your saving health to all nations. In particular I pray for the entirety of your church, in all of its many forms; that it may be guided and governed by your Holy Spirit, and that all who profess your name and call themselves Christians may be led into the way of truth.

May all of us live in that unity of spirit which our faith in Christ provides to us, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.
    Finally, I commend to your fatherly goodness all those who are ill or in distress, in their mind, body, or circumstances. May it please you to comfort and relieve them in accordance with their needs, giving them patience during their suffering, and a fortunate outcome to all of their problems. And this I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, who was always pleased to relieve the suffering of those he encountered.

Amen.
  • Come Boldly

Today’s Scripture
    “…So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most...”(Hebrews 4:16, NLT)

Many people are trying to earn God’s goodness, trying to be good enough, trying to work hard enough, thinking that then maybe they’ll deserve God’s blessings.

That’s a slave mentality. You don’t have to earn God’s love. You don’t have to work for His approval. You don’t have to pay God back for your mistakes. The Scripture tells us to come boldly to the throne of grace, not as a servant saying, “God, I know I don’t deserve it.”

If you want to put a smile on God’s face, go to Him with boldness, go to Him like you know He’s pleased with you, like you know you have a right to be there as a son, like you know He wants to be good to you. Ask Him for your dreams. Pray bold prayers. You’re not inconveniencing Him.

Jesus says, “It is the Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” God is longing to be good to you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can come boldly before You, knowing that as Your child, this is my rightful place. Thank You that I don’t have to earn Your favor or be good enough to come into Your presence. I am coming to pray bold prayers and to dream bold dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Covenant Prayer

I am no longer my own, but yours.
    Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will;
    put me to doing, put me to suffering;
    let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you,
    exalted for you, or brought low for you;
    let me be full,
    let me be empty,
    let me have all things,
    let me have nothing:
    I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things
    to your pleasure and disposal.
    And now, glorious and blessed God,
    Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
    you are mine and I am yours. So be it.
    And the covenant now made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven.

Amen.
    ~ John Wesley (1755)
  • Become a Miracle

Today’s Scripture
    “…Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well...”(1 Thessalonians 2:8, NIV)

Many people are praying for a miracle. “God, please send me a friend. God, I need help with my children. I need training. God, I need a good break.” We have to realize that we can become the miracle they need. God uses our lives to touch and encourage and bless others. God will bring people across our path so that we can be the answer to their prayers.

Take time to become the miracle. You can’t help everyone, but you can help someone. Be aware of who is in your life. Listen to what they’re saying. Is there any way that you can help? Those are opportunities to become their miracle. God put them there on purpose. It’s because you are full of miracles. There is healing in you. There is restoration, there’s friendship, there are new beginnings. You can lift the fallen. You can restore the broken. You can be kind to a stranger. You can become someone’s miracle.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You bring people across my path so I can be the answer to their prayers. Help me to listen to what they’re saying and to be available and do what I can to help. I believe that I am a miracle waiting to happen for someone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Prayer For Contentment

Heavenly Father, I have spent my life constantly wanting more. Let me be content. If I am having trouble paying my bills, let me look to those who live in cardboard shacks without clean water; if my vision is poor, let me help the blind; if my mobility is impaired, let me visit a prison filled with those who can walk and run; if I envy the young, let me pray for those who were killed by their mothers in the womb.

I too often look to those who have something I do not, or more of something I want; let me give thanks for the great bounty you have showered upon me, oh Lord, remembering in my envy and pain that all I have is a gift from you. In the name of Christ I pray,

Amen.
  • Walk in Humility

Today’s Scripture
    “...And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!”(Philippians 2:8, NIV)

Did you know that even Jesus had to humble Himself. It takes humility to walk in obedience. Without humility, Jesus could have thought, I’m the Son of God. I don’t have to put up with the way people treat Me. I’m not going to the cross.

It was humility that caused Him to not retaliate against those who did Him wrong. Because of His humility, He could spend His life serving others when He had every right to be served. Because of His humility, He could hang on the cross and say, “Father, forgive them. They don’t know what they’re doing.”

When you humble yourself and do hard things that you know God is asking you to do—forgive the person who did you wrong, honor your spouse’s request, take advice from somebody who doesn’t have your experience—your obedience will bring a blessing. As Jesus did, do what God is asking you to do. Don’t reason it out; just do it.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that Jesus was willing to come to earth as a man and then humble Himself even further by becoming obedient to the point of death. Help me to humble myself whenever pride rises up to keep me from being obedient. I want to walk in humility. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I am a people builder. I will look for opportunities to encourage others to bring out the best in them and to help them accomplish their dreams. I will speak words of faith and victory, affirming them, approving them, letting them know they are valued. I will call out their seeds of greatness, helping them to rise higher and become all that God created them to be. This is my declaration.

Do you know how many people have never been told: "You are a winner"? There are most likely people in your life right now--people you work with, people you play ball with, maybe even your own family members--who are starving for your approval. They are craving for you to speak the blessing over their life.

You don't know what it will mean when you affirm them, when you give them your approval, and let them know in no uncertain terms that you are proud of them and you think they will do great things. Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone needs to be appreciated. Every person needs that blessing.

Let me ask you today, what kind of seeds are you planting in your child, in your spouse, in that friend, in that nephew? Are you believing in anyone? Are you taking an interest to see how you can make someone's life better? Listen to their dreams. Find out what God has put in their hearts. Let them know you're behind them. Give them your approval.

If you talk with any successful people they'll tell you somebody believed in them. Somebody planted a seed and encouraged them when they were down. Somebody helped them get a good break. Somebody spoke faith when they didn't think they could do it.

Thomas Edison encouraged Henry Ford. Mr. Ford was introduced to him as "the man trying to build a car that runs on gasoline." When Edison heard it, his face brightened up. He hit his fist on the table and said, "You've got it. A car that has its own power plant; that's a brilliant idea."

Up to that point no one had encouraged Mr. Ford. No one thought it was a good idea. He had just about convinced himself to give up, but along came Edison and spoke faith into him. That was a turning point in Henry Ford's life. He said, "I thought I had a good idea but I started to doubt myself. Then came along one of the greatest minds that's ever lived and gave me his complete approval."

That's what can happen with a simple vote of confidence. We don't realize the power we hold. We don't always realize what it means when we tell somebody, "I believe in you. You've got what it takes. I'm behind you one hundred percent." And really, every one of us should be someone else's number one fan. We should be encouraging them, lifting them when they've fallen, celebrating when they succeed, praying when they're struggling, urging them forward. That's what it means to be a people builder.

Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone needs to be appreciated. Every person needs that blessing.
  • For Perseverance Today

If things get tough today, Lord — and in all hard times — let me stay motivated and calm. Let me look at how far I have come rather than how far I still have to go. Let me continue counting my blessings, not what I’ve been missing. May every day bring new chances to grow, new beautiful things to see, new plans to do, and new goals to pursue, as every new day is Your miracle day.

Amen!
  • Be “On Purpose”

Today’s Scripture
    “...Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.”(Ephesians 5:15–16, NIV)

Time is one of the most valuable commodities we have. It’s more valuable than money. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. To “redeem the time” means don’t waste it. We have a responsibility to use our time wisely.

Paul said in effect that if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to be an “on purpose” person and invest your life in what’s best for you. You know where you’re going. You’re not vague, distracted, waiting to see what happens. You’re focused. You’re making the most of each opportunity.

God has given you a present. It’s called “today.” Are you living it to the full? With purpose and passion? Pursuing your dreams? Or are you distracted? Indifferent? Just doing whatever comes along?

Make this decision that you’re going to redeem the time. Get focused. Get organized. Set your goals. Make your plans. Once this day is over, you can never get it back.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for giving me the gift of this day to live to the full. Thank You that You are calling me to invest my life in what’s best for me, to redeem the time, and to run my life with purpose and passion. Help me to make the most of every opportunity. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

COVID-19 UPDATE: We want you to know that we are standing with you during this challenging season. If you’re feeling weighed down from the news, say to God right now, “I’m turning it all over to You. I’m going to tune out the news today and turn up my praise. The Most High God is fighting my battles. God is my refuge and strength. He is my present help in a time of trouble. God is with me and for me. Amen! ”We are all in this together. These are unknown times, but we can be encouraged that as we pray and praise in the midst of the storm, our faith is strengthened, our peace increases, and we acknowledge God is abundantly present with us.
  • I DECLARE it is not too late to accomplish everything God has placed in my heart. I have not missed my window of opportunity. God has moments of favor in my future. He is preparing me right now because He is about to release a special grace to help me accomplish that dream. This is my time. This is my moment. I receive it today! This is my declaration.

Many times we put off what we know God wants us to do. Maybe down deep God has been dealing with you about forgiving a wrong, getting back in shape, having a better attitude, spending more time with your family. Or maybe it's a dream or goal that you know you should be pursuing, such as starting a business, writing a book, joining the choir, learning a new hobby.

You know God put it on the inside but so often we make excuses that hold us back. Things like, "I'm too busy. I tried and failed. I'm not that talented. They hurt me too badly."

It's easy to talk yourself out of your dreams and goals. Too many people settle for mediocrity. But the good news is God never aborts a dream. We may give up on them. We may quit pursuing new opportunities, quit believing to overcome an obstacle. But God still has every intention of bringing to pass every dream, every promise, He put in your heart.

You may have put off taking the first step for a week, a year, or twenty-five years, but God is saying, "It's not too late to get started." You can still become everything God created you to be. But you must do your part and move off dead center. You're not too old or too young. You haven't missed your window of opportunity. The dream is still alive on the inside. You can still become everything God created you to be.

Now you should rise up in faith and say, "This is my time. This is my moment. I'm not settling where I am. I've let excuses hold me back long enough. But today, I will take steps of faith to pursue new opportunities, to explore new hobbies, to break bad habits, to get rid of wrong mind-sets. I know it's not too late to accomplish everything God has placed in my heart."

If you have this kind of attitude, the rest of your life can be the best of your life. In the Bible when Paul told Timothy, "Stir up the gift. Fan the flame" (2 Timothy 1:6 (NIV), he was saying, "Timothy, life is flying by. Get busy pursuing your destiny." You have to stay passionate about what God put in your heart. Don't let one disappointment or even a series of disappointments convince you to give up and settle where you are. I've learned every setback means you're one step closer to seeing the dream come to pass. You have to come to your closed doors before you'll ever get to your open doors. You may have tried and failed a thousand times. But you never know; number one thousand and one may be the door that swings open wide. Get your fire back.

Every setback means you're one step closer to seeing the dream come to pass. You may have been through disappointments. Things might not be the way you'd hoped they would be. Shake off your disappointment. Create a fresh new vision for your life.

You can still become everything God created you to be.
  • Prayer of Resolve

Blessed Jesus, my Savior and Master, model of all perfection, I resolve — and will try this day with my full heart — to imitate Your example, to be like You: mild, humble, chaste, zealous, charitable, and kind.

I will redouble my efforts to see Your image in all those I meet and deal with this day — not only people I like — and to be as helpful to them as I would be to You. I resolve to avoid this day all those sins which I have committed heretofore and which I now sincerely desire to give up forever.

Amen.
  • Don’t Feed the Negative

Today’s Scripture
    “...No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”(Hebrews 12:11, NIV)

It can feel good to give into the temptation to watch something you shouldn’t, to gossip about a friend, to be lazy, to tell someone off. The flesh likes the easy way. The reason some people don’t grow is because they’re not disciplined to do the right thing when it’s hard. You have to be consistent. The flesh is not going to go away. The apostle Paul said, “I die daily.” Every day we have to say no to things. “No, I’m not going to watch that. I won’t be sarcastic. I’m not going to hang out with that friend. I’m not going to eat whatever I feel like.”

Remember that every time you give into that temptation, become impatient, or get offended, you’re feeding and growing the flesh. If you’ll start to not give in to the temptation, the temper, the bad attitude, you’re going to step into a new season of freedom, of growth, of favor.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are working in me and giving me the desire to obey You. Thank You that I have the power to overcome and be disciplined to do the right thing. I believe that the forces for me are greater than the forces against me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I am grateful for who God is in my life and for what He's done. I will not take for granted the people, the opportunities, and the favor He has blessed me with. I will look at what is right and not what is wrong. I will thank Him for what I have and not complain about what I don't have. I will see each day as a gift from God. My heart will overflow with praise and gratitude for all of His goodness. This is my declaration.

Whenever I talk to people who have had life-threatening experiences, whether from an illness, an accident, or some other challenge, without fail they talk about how they have come to appreciate each and every day more than ever before. They don't take a minute for granted. They see every day as a gift from God.

We have to realize that our lives could be gone in a moment. There are no guarantees that we will be here at this time next year. Learn to live each day to the fullest. Don't complain. Don't focus on what's wrong. Be grateful for the opportunity to experience each day.

Things may not be perfect. You may have some aches and pains. You may have some adversity. But in the big scope of things your life could be a whole lot worse. And really, you need to live every day like it could be your last.

I heard somebody say, "If you only had an hour to live, whom would you call? What would you say? And what are you waiting for?" Don't take for granted what God has already given you.

You may not realize it but we are living in the good old days. I'm convinced twenty or thirty years from now you will look back and say, "Those were some great times. I remember when I was just a young man. I remember when his brother still had some hair!" These are the good old days.

I used to play basketball with a young man, a strong athlete, who began having problems with one of his eyes. He went to the doctor and was told that he had a form of cancer that threatened his vision in the eye. As you can imagine he was devastated. He could not believe it. Then, he went in for surgery and his doctors found that he didn't have cancer. Instead, they found an unusual fungus, which they were able to remove. His vision was saved. When my friend woke up from the operation and heard the good news he said, "This is the greatest day of my life!"

Think about it. He didn't just win the lottery. He didn't just earn a big promotion. He didn't just buy a new home. He simply learned that he would continue to have the vision he'd always had.

He told me, "now every morning when I get up I look around on purpose. I stare at my children. I go outside and I look up at the leaves. I take time to pick up an acorn and I'll just stare at it." Because he almost lost his vision, seeing has now taken on a whole new meaning. He appreciates it in a much greater way.

You need to live every day like it could be your last.
  • Prayer for the Morning

Father, as I face this new day, let me be aware of the work you have done for me as I slept. I praise you that your loving care never slumbers, but has been with me while I was least aware of it; and that you renew me and the whole world, fresh every day, preparing your plans for me.

I pray that I may seek your will this day, your plan for my life, and carry out your plan in my every action. I lay my hopes and fears on an altar before you, that your Holy Spirit may guide my hopes toward the light of your holiness, and may quiet my fears with the knowledge of your infinite peace, in total confidence that your grace will save me from the evils of this world. In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen.
  • There Will Always Be Adversity

Today’s Scripture
    “...There is a wide-open door for a great work here, although many oppose me.”(1 Corinthians 16:9, NLT)

How do you respond when unfair situations come against you and people do you wrong? It’s easy to get discouraged and think that because it’s not working out, it’s not meant to be.

But just because you have opposition doesn’t mean you’re not in God’s will. The apostle Paul described his work in the city of Ephesus as a wide-open door of opportunity with many in opposition. Anytime you have opportunity, anytime you’re about to move forward to the next level, there will be opposition, people trying to discourage you, things you don’t understand. The people who reach their destiny aren’t moved by what’s not working out, and they don’t give up because they had a setback or because somebody did them wrong. They know God is in control, that He’s directing their steps. They know that the setback is really a setup for God to do something greater.

The adversity means the promotion, the healing, the new level is on the way.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for every open door of opportunity that You open for me. Thank You that the opposition I face is only a setup for You to do something greater in my life. I believe that You are in control and the next level is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE God's incredible blessings over my life. I will see an explosion of God's goodness, a sudden widespread increase. I will experience the surpassing greatness of God's favor. It will elevate me to a level higher than I ever dreamed of. Explosive blessings are coming my way. This is my declaration.

A friend of mine wanted to attend a major university, but he needed a scholarship to pay for his tuition. He applied many months before the school year started. Even though his grades were good enough to get into the school, he was informed that there were no more scholarships available. So, he enrolled in a junior college instead.

It looked like his dream of going to the major university was over. It looked like the situation was permanent. All the facts said it would not to happen. But just a few weeks before school was to start, the scholarship office called back and said something had opened up. Instead of offering him the two-year partial scholarship he had applied for, they offered him a four-year total scholarship; an explosive blessing.

You may think your situation is permanent. You've been in it a long time. You don't see how you could ever rise any higher. All the facts are telling you it's impossible. But God is saying today, "You need to get ready. Where you are is not permanent. I have explosive blessings coming your way. I will increase you beyond your salary. I will bless you beyond your normal income. I will suddenly change things in your life."

That's how the word explosion is defined. It means, "sudden, widespread increase." That's what God wants to do for each one of us. Suddenly. You won't expect it. It's out of the ordinary and it's not small. It's not mediocre. It's widespread increase. That means it's so amazing you know it had to be the hand of God.

That's what happened to one gentleman. He stopped by the church a while back and brought a very large donation to the ministry. It was his tithe. He said he had received an inheritance from a family member he had never met before. In fact, he didn't even really know that they were related, but this man left him a gift that thrust his family to a whole new level. He was able to not only pay his house off but he also had paid off several other people's houses as well.

I don't know about you, but I'm believing for some long-lost relatives like that. I'm believing for explosive blessings. The Apostle Paul talked about this in Ephesians 2:7 (AMP). He said that we would see "the unlimited, immeasurable, surpassing greatness of God's favor." He was saying we would see favor like we've never seen it before.

I'm believing for explosive blessings. In the real world, it may look like you could never accomplish your dreams. You've already calculated how you'll never get out of debt. You've run all the numbers--but God is saying, "You haven't seen My explosive blessings. You haven't seen the surpassing greatness of My favor. I have blessings that will catapult you years ahead. I have increase that goes beyond your normal calculations."

I've learned God doesn't always take us in normal increments. There are times He will increase us little by little. We have to be faithful day in and day out. But when you come to one of these explosive blessings, instead of going from 7 to 8 to 9, God will take you from 7 to 8 to 63 to 64. That's widespread increase!

God is saying today, "You need to get ready. Where you are is not permanent. I have explosive blessings coming your way..."
  • “St. Patrick's Breastplate”

I rise today with the power of God to pilot me,
    God's strength to sustain me,
    God's wisdom to guide me,
    God's eye to look ahead for me,
    God's ear to hear me,
    God's word to speak for me,
    God's hand to protect me,
    God's way before me,
    God's shield to defend me,
    God's host to deliver me,
    from snares of devils,
    from evil temptations,
    from nature's failings,
    from all who wish to harm me,
    far or near,
    alone and in a crowd.

Amen.

~ 8th century Irish prayer
  • Seasons of Silence

Today’s Scripture
    “...O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear; and in the night season, and am not silent.”(Psalm 22:2, NKJV)

In 1 Kings 17, after the prophet Elijah had spoken the word of the Lord to wicked King Ahab, God told him to go hide by the Brook Cherith. Elijah wanted to continue to speak to the nation, but for the next three and half years, he experienced a season of silence and waiting before going on to perform many miracles.

We all have times when we’re praying, but our prayers aren’t being answered. We’re being our best, but not getting good breaks, the problem isn’t turning around. It seems as though God is on vacation.

But the silence is not a sign that God is not working. He may not be changing the circumstances, but He is changing us. God uses the seasons of silence to prepare us, to develop our character. You’re gaining experience, maturity, and strength that you’ll need for where God is taking you. Don’t fight the silence. Keep being faithful, for your appointed time is on the way!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for loving me so much that at times You hide me and cause me to be overlooked, keeping doors closed. Thank You that You love me so much that You’re getting me prepared to go where I’ve never gone. I will be faithful in the seasons of silence. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I will put actions behind my faith. I will not be passive or indifferent. I will demonstrate my faith by taking bold steps to move toward what God has put in my heart. My faith will not be hidden; it will be seen. I know when God sees my faith He will show up and do amazing things. This is my declaration.

In the Scripture there was a man who was paralyzed. He would lie in bed at home all day long. One day he heard Jesus was in town teaching people. He convinced four of his friends to carry him on his bed over to the house where Jesus was speaking. When they arrived the place was packed and they couldn't get in. They had gone to great lengths to get there. I'm sure the four men were tired. I'm sure their backs were hurting and their shoulders were sore. They'd traveled all that way to no avail. What a disappointment. What a letdown. They could have easily become discouraged and said, "Too bad. It's not going to happen."

But not the paralyzed man: he was determined. I can see his four friends turn to take him home. He says, "No, no. We're not heading home just yet. I'm not leaving until I get my miracle." This man understood: You are closest to your victory when you face the greatest opposition. A lot of people give up too easily.

You may say "But, I tried but they told me no." "Tried to get my degree but the college was full." "I tried to buy that new home but they wouldn't give me a loan." "We tried to go to Church but the parking lot was just too crowded."

You must be more determined than that. You have to have a "never say die" attitude. If you can't get in the door why don't you try the window? If you can't get through the window why not be bold and go through the roof? That's what this man did in the Bible story.

He said to his friends, "I've got an idea. Take me up on the roof. Cut a hole in it and lower me down so I can have a front row seat there in front of Jesus." Where there is a will there is a way. They lowered this paralyzed man down on his bed, all curled up, and put him right in front of Jesus. The Scripture in Mark 2:5 begins, "When Jesus saw their faith..."

That's my question for you today. Do you have a faith that God can see? Are you doing something out of the ordinary to show God you believe in Him? It's not enough to just pray. It's not enough to just believe. Like this man, you have to do something to demonstrate your faith.

Jesus looked at the man and said, "Rise. Take up your bed and walk." Immediately, the man got up. He picked up his bed. He went home perfectly whole. But it all started when he dared to do something where God could see his faith.

There were other people in the room who did not get well. What was the difference? This man put action behind his faith. God is looking for people who have a faith He can see. Not just a faith He can hear. Not just a faith that believes, but also a faith that is visible. A faith that is demonstrated. It's one thing to pray. It's one thing to believe. But if you really want to get God's attention, put actions behind what you believe in.

You are closest to your victory when you face the greatest opposition.
  • Prayer To Walk in the Spirit Today

Holy God, in the daily journey from sunrise to sunset, remind me always of your holy presence hovering near, both within me to guide me, and surrounding me to protect me. Free me from shame and self-doubt; and help me, and all of my fellow believers, to see the myriad opportunities to walk our path in the courage, honesty, and wisdom inspired by your Holy Spirit.

Amen.
  • Why Bless Those Who Hurt You?

Today’s Scripture
    “...Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.”(Luke 6:27–28, NIV)

It’s easy to be good to people who are good to us. But what about when someone does something deliberately to hurt you? It’s easy to get bitter, hold a grudge, talk bad about them, and think about how you can get even with them.

Why would Jesus say that we should bless and do good to those who hurt us when they don’t deserve it?

Because you’re not blessing them for their sake, but for your sake. The mercy and kindness you show others is the mercy God’s going to show you. If you’re bitter and angry, you’ll get stuck. Life is too short to go through it with bitterness poisoning your life. If you’ll let go of the hurt they inflicted and live out of a place of forgiveness, out of a place of wholeness, you’ll not only feel better, but that’s what allows the Creator of the universe to go to work and take you higher.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for all the mercy and forgiveness and protection You have shown me when I’ve done wrong. Help me to do good and bless those who have done me wrong. I am leaving them in Your hands and believing that You are taking me to new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE breakthroughs are coming in my life, sudden bursts of God's goodness. Not a trickle. Not a stream. But a flood of God's power. A flood of healing. A flood of wisdom. A flood of favor. I am a breakthrough person and I choose to live breakthrough minded. I am expecting God to overwhelm me with His goodness and amaze me with His favor. This is my declaration.

In the Bible, King David needed a breakthrough when he faced an impossible situation. He and his men were up against a huge army--the Philistines. They were greatly outnumbered. They had little or no chance of winning. David asked God for help, and God gave David the promise that He would go with them and they would defeat that army.

When David and his men went out, that was exactly what happened. God gave them a great victory. David was so overwhelmed by it, he said in 1 Chronicles 14:11, "God has broken through to my enemies like the bursting forth of water." He named the place Baal-Perazim, which means, "the God of the breakthrough."

Notice, David likened God's power to the bursting forth of waters. He described it as a flood. He was saying when the God of the breakthrough shows up and releases His power it will be like a flood of His goodness, a flood of His favor, a flood of healing, a flood of new opportunity.

Think about how powerful water is: three or four feet of water can pick up a huge car that weighs thousands of pounds and move it all around. I've seen, on the news, big floods floating whole houses down the river. Nothing can stop the force of that water. Anything in the way is moved out of its path.

You may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, and dreams that appear unobtainable. But know this; when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power nothing can stop it. Your sickness may look big but it's nothing for the God of the breakthrough. It doesn't have a chance when God releases a flood of His healing.

When the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power nothing can stop it. Your opponents may look powerful. They may be bigger, stronger, better equipped, and better financed. But they don't have a chance when God opens up the floodgates of His favor. You need to be ready, not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. No, get ready for a flood of God's favor, a tidal wave of God's goodness, a tsunami of His increase.

You may be thinking "trickle" when God has an entire ocean to work with. You're thinking "stream" when God has a tidal wave. You should enlarge your vision. Dare to stretch your faith.

God wants to release His favor like a flood. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness.
  • Penitential Prayer of St. Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who hast mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of thy Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore Thee, a heart to delight in Thee, to follow and enjoy Thee, for Christ’s sake,

Amen.
  • Be Uncommon

Today’s Scripture
    “...But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”(1 Peter 2:9, NIV)

We are living in a day where it’s acceptable to compromise standards, to take the easy way out and not have integrity, to do what everybody else is doing, to go where everybody else goes, to think like everyone else thinks. It’s common. Complainers and compromisers are a dime a dozen. It’s normal. But God did not create you to be common.

God is looking for uncommon people. People who have uncommon faith, who believe for things that seem impossible. People who have uncommon commitment, who do the right thing when it’s hard. People who have an uncommon attitude that’s positive when everyone else is negative. People who have uncommon integrity, who do not give in to temptation but do what they know is best. When you make this decision to not fit in, to not do what everyone else is doing, but to be uncommon, you will see uncommon favor, uncommon strength, uncommon friendships, uncommon increase. God rewards uncommon.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for setting me apart to be Your special possession, to be one of Your chosen ones, to be uncommon. Thank You that I don’t have to let society squeeze me into its mold. I want my life to stand out as one who brings You praise. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer of Thanks and Blessings

Father, Thank You for each and every day You have blessed us here on earth.
    Thank You for Your tender mercies.
    Thank You for giving us friends and family to share joys and sorrows with.

I ask You to bless my friends, relatives, brothers and sisters in Christ and those I care deeply for, and especially those who are praying with me right now.

Where there is joy, give them continued joy.
    Where there is pain or sorrow, give them your peace and mercy.
    Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence.
    Where there is need, fulfill their needs.
    Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings.

In Jesus' name,
    Amen.
  • Amaze the Critics

Today’s Scripture
    “...When Isaac planted his crops that year, he harvested a hundred times more grain than he planted, for the LORD blessed him...”(Genesis 26:12, NLT)

During a great famine in the land, Isaac was about to move to Egypt, but God said, “Stay where you are. My favor is on you right here among the Philistines.” So despite the famine, Isaac planted his grain fields. The Philistines were already jealous of him, and his planting in dry, hard soil added to their ridicule of him. But Isaac stayed in peace. Several months later, his critics were amazed to see his hundredfold harvest.

At some point, you may be tempted to run from a situation where you face ridicule and opposition, but you do not have to leave in order to be blessed. God wants to bless you right where you are. Part of His vindication is promoting you so the opposition can see it. Your attitude should be: “They may be laughing now, but this challenge is preparing the way for God to promote me!”

God is faithful. In the end, you will have the last laugh.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the promise to bless me right where I am, even when I face opposition and ridicule. I believe that You will multiply me even in the midst of famine. I receive Your peace and rest knowing that You are faithful and will bring blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Benediction (from Colossians 3)

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Amen.
  • Always Be Your Best

Today’s Scripture
    “...But godliness with contentment is great gain.”(1 Timothy 6:6, NIV)

After David had been anointed to be the next king of Israel, he spent years taking care of his father’s sheep. David could have thought, God, what am I doing stuck with a bunch of sheep?

But David knew that God was in control, so he just kept going to work with a good attitude, grateful for where he was. Because he was content in the shepherds’ fields, he made it to the throne. He passed that test.

But if you’re not content in the season you’re in, even if your dreams do come to pass, you won’t be satisfied. Discontentment will follow you everywhere you go.

You have to train your mind to be thankful and satisfied with where God has you right now. Be content whether you have a lot or not. Content whether your children are in diapers or in college. Content whether you’re in maintenance or management. Pass the tests on your way to the throne.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can come to You with thanksgiving for all the circumstances in my life. Help me to always see the good and to be grateful for what I have now. I choose to enjoy the season I am in and not just endure it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
  • Prayer for Facing Trials

Lord, I have planned my strategies and figured out how I will try to solve my problems, yet, I have not consulted you. I am a fool, Lord; forgive me. For I know that my problems are not simply problems that were given me to solve, but also burdens that you have allowed me to bear, and that the purpose of these burdens is to show me that you and only you can lift them from me.

I cannot do it myself, great God; only by my prayer to you, can my burdens ever be satisfied. And I pray to you now, take up my burdens while I am on earth, today, just as you will take them up when I am with you in heaven. By the grace you gave me through the sacrifice of your only Son, relieve me. May I do your will while I am alive, just as I will do your will when I am together with you again, in paradise. For there and no place else lies my salvation, and all true happiness.

Amen.
  • Take Responsibility

Today’s Scripture
    “...And he said to them, “Pick me up and throw me into the sea; then the sea will become calm for you. For I know that this great tempest is because of me.”(Jonah 1:12, NKJV)

After God told the prophet Jonah to go preach to the city of Nineveh, he refused and got on a ship headed in the opposite direction. So the Lord sent a violent storm that threatened to break the ship apart.

God knows how to get our attention. When you know you’re going the wrong way, things start to fall apart. You can’t pray away the winds because you’re the reason for the storm. God loves you too much to let you miss your destiny. Fortunately, when confronted by the sailors, Jonah admitted, “I’m the cause.” Taking responsibility is the first step to victory.

As long as you make excuses for what you know is wrong in your life, the difficulties are going to continue year after year. God asks you to deal with any areas of compromise. He wants to grow you up. He has some Ninevehs for you to go to, people for you to impact, and new levels of your destiny.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You love me too much to let me miss my destiny. Thank You that You give me second chances when I go the wrong way. I choose to take responsibility and deal with whatever holds me back from the next level of my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”