Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• From Worst to Best

Today’s Scripture
    “...with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among [the disciples] and said, “Peace be with you!...”(John 20:19, NIV)

We celebrate Good Friday each year, but on the day when Jesus was crucified, the disciples thought it was the worst day of their lives. “Tragic Friday” would have been their description. The One whom they had devoted their lives to was dead and buried in a tomb.

But a few days later, when Jesus rose from the dead, they realized that He was who He’d said He was. He had defeated the enemy and brought salvation to mankind. What they’d thought was the worst day of their lives became the best.

We all face times when a dream dies, a relationship ends, we come down with an illness—nothing about the situation seems good. It may not be good right now, but God knows how to bring it all together. You may think it is going to stop you, set you back, and cause you heartache. If you’ll stay in faith, one day you’ll look back and say it was good.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You see the big picture for my life and that You use difficulties for my good. Help me to be patient and trusting when things happen that I don’t understand. I believe that You will bring it all together for my good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE I have the grace I need for today. I am full of power, strength, and determination. Nothing I face will be too much for me. I will overcome every obstacle, outlast every challenge, and come through every difficulty better off than I was before. This is my declaration.

When the people of Israel were in the wilderness headed toward the Promised Land, God gave them manna each morning to eat. It would appear on the ground. But He specifically instructed them to gather up only enough for one day's supply. In fact, if they took more it wouldn't last. It would spoil. In the same way, God doesn't give us grace for a year at a time, a month at a time. No, every twenty-four hours God has a fresh new supply of grace, of favor, of wisdom, of forgiveness.

How will you make it through the slow season at work? One day at a time.
    How will you raise a difficult child? One day at a time.

I heard Corrie Ten Boom say something very interesting on this topic. During World War II, she and her Dutch family hid Jews from the Nazis and saved many lives. Eventually she was caught and put in prison. In the concentration camps she saw all kinds of atrocities. She even witnessed the deaths of her own father and sister. Through a series of unusual events Corrie was accidentally released and her life was spared. In spite of seeing all the senseless killings she never really became bitter. She even forgave the man who killed her family members.

Somebody asked her how she could make it through those dark days of seeing such terrible acts of hatred and still be loving and kind and forgiving. She answered that question with a story. She told how when she was a little girl, her father would take her on train rides throughout Europe. He would always purchase the tickets several weeks in advance. But he would never give her the ticket until right before they were boarding. Of course, she was a small girl, and he was concerned she might lose it or leave it at home. But whenever her father saw the headlights of the train pulling into the station he would hand his little daughter the ticket and they would step onboard together.

Corrie said to the person who asked how she could be so forgiving: "The reason you can't fathom how I could forgive the person who killed my family, how I could not be filled with bitterness and hatred, is because just like my father and our train tickets, God doesn't give us the grace we need until we're about to step onboard. But if you were to ever go through something like I went through I can assure you God's grace will be there to help you make it through the dark valleys and still keep your head held high and your heart filled with love."

Maybe right now you can't see how to overcome an obstacle, accomplish your dreams, or forgive someone who hurt you, but understand that when you get there God will hand you the ticket. He purchased it two thousand years ago on a cross at Calvary.

Now when you come to a dark valley, a difficult season, a sickness, don't worry about it. Your Heavenly Father will hand you the ticket. He will give you the grace, the strength, the favor, the forgiveness, to do what you need to do.

Every twenty-four hours God has a fresh new supply of grace, of favor, of wisdom, of forgiveness.
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for the Departed

Into your hands, O Lord, I commend the souls of your servants departed from this life and beseech you to grant them rest in the place of your rest, where all the blessed repose, and where the light of your countenance shines forever.

And I pray also to grant that my present life may be godly, sober, and blameless, that I too may be made worthy to enter into your heavenly Kingdom with those I love but see no longer: for you are the Resurrection, and the Life, and the Repose of your departed servants, O Christ our God, and unto you I ascribe all glory: to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit; now and ever, and unto ages of ages.

Amen.

Today's Scripture: Exodus 2:1-10 (The Birth of Moses)
  • Prayer to Abide with God

Dear Lord, as I come before you this morning, my spirit is filled with thanks that you have given me a life and filled it with meaning. Knowing that you have a purpose for me is such a gift as I cannot express; even when the world or my own thoughts fill me with feelings of worthlessness, I can turn to you and know, fully certain, that you are in charge and have filled my existence with meaning and purpose I cannot fully understand.

Lord Christ, you promised that if we love you and obey your teaching, you and the Father will make your home with us; I declare my love for you; and there is nothing I want more than to have you live with me, present in my life.

Help me to follow your teaching in every way; for you have given us grace, that by your death and resurrection, we may be perfect before you. Accept my love and be with me, today and always, I pray; not by my merit, but by your grace, oh Christ, oh one true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen.
  • Who’s the Boss?

Today’s Scripture
    “...For you are still only baby Christians, controlled by your own desires, not God’s...”(1 Corinthians 3:3, TLB)

Today’s Scripture describes a lot of people. If they feel like telling somebody off, feel like buying something they can’t afford, or feel like watching something they know is not good, they do it anyway. Desires and feelings will always be there. The problem is that when we give in to them, we come under their control. The more you feed those feelings—anger, self-pity, a bad attitude, a critical spirit—the stronger they grow.

The way you break free is to quit feeding them. The next time you feel like being upset, stay in peace. Put on some good praise music; think about how much you have to be grateful for. That’s feeding your spirit man instead of feeding your flesh. As your spirit person gets stronger, the flesh is getting weaker. Starve the negative emotions, and over time, they won’t control you. The sign of maturity is that you can feel the negative emotions, but you don’t act on them.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that I can choose to be disciplined and say no to the flesh and its desires. Thank You that every day I can take my feelings off the throne and allow Your Spirit to control my life. Help me to sow to the Spirit and do what’s right. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE I am special and extraordinary. I am not average! I have been custom-made. I am one of a kind. Of all the things God created, what He is the most proud of is me. I am His masterpiece, his most prized possession. I will keep my head held high, knowing I am a child of the most high God, made in his very image. This is my declaration.

Psychologists say our self-worth is often based upon what we believe the most important people in our lives think of us. For children most likely that would be their parents. For adults, that could still be a parent, a spouse, a friend, or a mentor.

The problem with this philosophy is that people can disappoint us. They can say things or do things that bring heartache and pain. If we're receiving our value only from those who hurt us, we'll likely feel less and less valuable over time. Sooner or later they will say something that cuts like a knife, or they will show by their actions that we're not really that important.

The key to really understanding and maintaining a true sense of value is to let your Heavenly Father be the most important person in your life. Base your sense of value on what He says about you.

When you make mistakes some may criticize and make you feel guilty, like you're all washed up. But God says, "I have mercy for every mistake. Get up and go again. Your future is brighter than your past."

Others may make you feel like you're not talented, you're not attractive, or you don't have anything special to offer. But God says, "You're amazing. You're beautiful. You're one of a kind."

People may disappoint you and reject you, even say things that can wound your spirit. If you're receiving your value and your worth only from them, you'll go through life feeling inferior, insecure, with little self-worth. But if you will learn to receive your value from your Heavenly Father and listen to what He says about you, then you'll feel accepted, approved, redeemed, forgiven, confident, and secure. You will feel extremely valuable and that's exactly the way God wants you to be.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "You are God's masterpiece." Do you realize a masterpiece is not mass-produced?

You didn't come off an assembly line. You're not average. You're not ordinary. You've been custom-made. You are one of a kind. God created you in His very own image. He looks past all those other things and He looks right at you and says, "There's my masterpiece. That's my son. That's my daughter. That's what brings the most joy to my heart."

Let your Heavenly Father be the most important person in your life.
  • Save Your Servant

Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me;
    For I am poor and needy.
    Preserve my life, for I am holy;
    You are my God;
    Save Your servant who trusts in You!
    Be merciful to me, O Lord,
    For I cry to You all day long.
    Rejoice the soul of Your servant,
    For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
    For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
    And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
    And attend to the voice of my supplications.
    In Christ’s name, I pray,
    Amen.

~ from Psalm 86
  • <click here for link>

Prayer of Salvation

Most blessed Christ, I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation. No matter how weak or lowly I may feel, I will always remember your words: that those whom the earth despises — the stones that the builders rejected — have become the cornerstone of your church.

Let me be strong in faith and strong in your Spirit; for only by You, Lord Christ, may the gates of righteousness be opened to a sinner. I pray that I may be part of the foundation of your church on earth, and that by your grace, the gates of righteousness may be opened to me and to all who confess your holy name.

Amen.

Scripture for Today: Exodus 2:11-22
    Moses Flees to Midian
  • Come Alive

Today’s Scripture
    “...Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live...”(Ezekiel 37:4–5, ESV)

The prophet Ezekiel saw a vision of a valley filled with bones. It was like a huge graveyard of bones from people who had died. Bones represent things in our life that look dead, situations that seem impossible and permanently unchanging. God said, “Prophesy to these dead bones.” Ezekiel started speaking to the bones, telling them to come alive. As he was speaking, the bones started rattling and coming together, morphing back into people. Finally, breath came into those bodies, and they stood up like “a vast army.”

You may have things in your life that seem dead—a relationship, a business, your health. All you can see is a valley of dry bones, so to speak. It’s not enough to just pray about it; you need to speak to it. Prophesy to those dead bones. Call in health. Call in abundance. Call in restoration. God will resurrect what looks dead. He’ll make things happen that you could never make happen.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that I can speak to the things in my life that seem dead, and You will breathe life into them and bring resurrection. I believe that as I speak words of faith, You will make things happen that I could never make happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Prayer To Live in the Joy of Faith

Almighty God, who has promised that, if we confess our sins, you will be faithful to forgive them: renew and strengthen my faith in your incomprehensible love and mercy for the penitent sinner. Free me from the burden of guilt and anxiety that the judgments of the human mind try to inflict upon me. Let me live as a forgiven soul, filled with the joy of salvation that only faith can bring. As Christ himself was faithful, even unto death, let me be truly faithful, even to the end.

I know that, as your Son suffered, I must suffer in life; but I pray that you will be with me, to comfort and assure me, even when the world and the flesh abuse me. For I know that you will bring me to an end of perfect bliss and that, even in this perilous life, I may live in joy and thanksgiving by virtue of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Amen.
  • <click here for link>

Come to Our Aid

In the morning Abraham called upon you on the mountain top and you answered him, O lover of men; and in the morning I call upon you, come to my aid and the aid of all your servants, O God, full of mercy, hallelujah, and have mercy upon us.

Amen.

Today's Scripture: Galatians 2:21
    "Rejecting Grace"
  • He’s Not Limited by Seasons

Today’s Scripture
    “...For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had...”(John 5:4, KJV)

There was a crippled man who had been lying by the pool of Bethesda for thirty-eight years. The people knew when it was the season for the angel to come. This man knew that was his window of opportunity to get well. One day Jesus came and said to him, “Do you want to get well?” I can imagine the man was confused. It wasn’t the right season for the angel to come. But Jesus said to the man, “Get up, pick up your bed, and walk.” Instantly the man was healed.

Don’t be surprised when God shows up and you aren’t expecting it. God likes to break the rules, so to speak, to do things that we can’t explain. You don’t see any way, the odds are against you. God doesn’t have to wait for the training, for the boss to like you, for the loan to go through, for the economy to improve. He controls the universe. He’s not limited by seasons.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You’re not limited by seasons, by closed doors, by disappointments, or by my preconceived ideas of how You can work. Thank You that You do things out of the box that I’m not expecting. I’m looking for Your surprises. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE I am equipped for every good work God has planned for me. I am anointed and empowered by the Creator of the universe. Every bondage, every limitation, is being broken off of me. This is my time to shine. I will rise higher, overcome every obstacle, and experience victory like never before! This is my declaration.

God has equipped and empowered you with everything you need. You don't have to struggle and try to make things happen. It's already in you: the strength, the creativity, the ideas. God's already lined up the right people. He's already given you the breaks you need by anointing you with oil, His blessings and grace.

When I was growing up, I'd play football on the beach with a bunch of my friends. Back then I'd put Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil all over my body to keep from getting sunburned, but it turned out to help my game, too. I'm already kind of fast, but with that oil, nobody could tackle me. Big guys twice my size would grab me but I'd slip right out of their hands. I had an advantage. I was all oiled up.

That's the way it is when you walk in your anointing: things that should bring you down won't. Maybe you were laid off from the job. You should feel discouraged, but instead you stay in faith and you end up finding a better job.

Maybe your discouragement is due to a relationship that came to an end. You should feel bitter, but instead you stay in faith and God opens up another door to a better relationship. When you face tough times, remind yourself, "I've been anointed for this. I will not be negative. I will not lose my joy. I will stay full of praise. I know God is in control, and I believe He can take what was meant for my harm and turn it around and use it to my advantage."

If you do that, then one day you will look back on your life and realize that you made it through difficult times through the anointing God put on you. He gave you strength when you didn't think you could go on. He gave you joy when you should have been discouraged. He opened up a door when you didn't see any way out. Now you can look back and say with me, "Where would I have been if it had not been for the goodness of God in my life?"

God can take what was meant for my harm and turn it around and use it to my advantage.
  • What God Marvels At

Today’s Scripture
    “...When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith...”(Matthew 8:10, NIV)

When a Roman officer came to Jesus and said, “One of my employees is very sick, but you don’t have to come to my house. Just speak the word, and I know he’ll be healed,” Jesus marveled at his faith. In Mark 6, it says that Jesus also marveled at the unbelief He was met with in His hometown. What’s interesting is that the people who doubted were the religious people. They were in the synagogue every week. The Roman officer wasn’t a religious person. He hadn’t been indoctrinated to think that it couldn’t happen. He simply believed that Jesus was the Son of God.

When God looks at you, what does He marvel at? Why don’t you come over into faith? You may think that you’re not religious enough, that God would never help you, but God is not looking for religion. He’s looking for people who simply believe in Him, for people who know that He can do the impossible.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for being the God of miracles and that You’re still on the throne no matter what the doubters say. Help me to believe big, dream big, pray big, and think big. I want to be one of the ones who always believes that You can do the impossible. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE unexpected blessings are coming my way. I will move forward from barely making it to having more than enough. God will open up supernatural doors for me. He will speak to the right people about me. I will see Ephesians 3:20, exceedingly, abundantly, above-and-beyond favor and increase in my life. This is my declaration.

A friend of mine always dreamed of starting his own business. Year after year he was faithful to his employer and he was always doing good things for somebody; not just encouraging people but fixing things at their homes, or giving them rides to the airport. He has a giving spirit.

A while back another friend asked him to go to dinner. He thought they were just catching up on old times, but this friend brought a proposal to start a new business. This man already owned a very successful company, but he wanted to start something new. My friend thought that he just wanted to get his advice about it and maybe get some encouragement. But he said, "No, I don't want just that. I want you to be my partner and we will split it fifty-fifty." My friend was really thrilled.

"I'd love to do that but I don't have the funds like you do," he said. "I can't put in fifty percent like you can." "Don't worry about it. I don't need your funds," the businessman said. "That's taken care of. I just want to bless you because you've always been so good to me." Now he owns fifty percent of a growing business. His dream has come to pass. What was that? He walked into a moment of favor that God had already lined up for him.

A business dropped in his lap. In the same way, God has amazing things in your future. He has doors that will open wider than you thought possible. He can bring across your path opportunity that's greater than you can imagine. You may think you've reached your limits, or that you will never accomplish your dreams, never pay off your house, and never leave anything for your children. But you don't know what God has already spoken over you. You don't know the incredible things God has coming your way.

The Bible talks about how God rewards faithfulness. Matthew 25:21 says that when you are faithful in the little things that God will give you greater things. When you remain faithful, I believe your payday is coming. God rewards those who seek after Him. If you have been faithful, if you have given and if you have served then God says: "Your payday is on its way." He is about to release a moment of favor that He already has in your future. All God has to do is speak to one person, and your whole life can change for the better.

God has amazing things in your future.
  • Prayer of Salvation

Most blessed Christ, I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation. No matter how weak or lowly I may feel, I will always remember your words: that those whom the earth despises — the stones that the builders rejected — have become the cornerstone of your church.

Let me be strong in faith and strong in your Spirit; for only by You, Lord Christ, may the gates of righteousness be opened to a sinner. I pray that I may be part of the foundation of your church on earth, and that by your grace, the gates of righteousness may be opened to me and to all who confess your holy name.

Amen.
  • <click here for link>

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness.

Amen.

Scripture for Today: Acts 10:34-43
    Peter’s Sermon
  • Prayer for This Day

Holy God, I pray in the name of Christ that you will this day increase my faith in the sweet promises of the Gospel. Give me repentance from dead works. Pardon my wanderings, & direct my thoughts unto thyself, the God of my salvation. Teach me how to live in thy fear, labor in thy service, and ever to run in the ways of thy commandments.

Make me always watchful over my heart, that neither the terrors of conscience, the loathing of holy duties, the love of sin, nor an unwillingness to depart this life, may cast me into a spiritual slumber. But daily frame me more and more into the likeness of thy son Jesus Christ, that living in thy fear, and dying in thy favor, I may in thy appointed time attain the resurrection of the just unto eternal life.

Bless my family, friends & kindred; unite us all in praising & glorifying thee in all our works begun, continued, and ended, when we shall come to make our last account before thee blessed Saviour, who hath taught us thus to pray, our Father.

Amen.

~ from a prayer of George Washington
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for Holiness

Holy God, no one can put together what has crumbled into dust, but you can restore a conscience turned to ashes. You can restore to its former beauty a soul lost and without hope. With you, there is nothing that cannot be redeemed. You are love; You are Creator and Redeemer. I praise you with my every ounce.

I fear the lesson, my God, of the fall of Lucifer, full of pride. I pray you will keep me from such a terrible fate; keep me safe with the power of your Grace; save me from falling away from you. Save me from doubt. Incline my heart to hear your mysterious voice every moment of my life and thus be led to call upon you, for you are present in every thing and every moment.

Amen.

Scripture for Today: Galatians 3:1
    Are You Bewitched? (Galatians #23)
  • Before You Let Go

Today’s Scripture
    “...I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw...”(Proverbs 24:32, NIV)

When we make poor choices, get into a relationship that we knew would not be good, or get in over our head in our spending, there’s always pain that follows. We talk about how important it is to let go of the past, to let go of the divorce, the failure, the bad break, and that’s true. But before you let go of the negative event, remember the lesson you learned from the experience. You’re doing yourself a disservice if you go through a painful time and don’t come out with what you were supposed to gain. Don’t waste the pain and go through it again.

Are you bringing pain on yourself? Are you struggling with relationships that don’t last, perhaps because you keep saying everything you feel like saying? The pain will stop if you learn the lesson and zip it up. Be big enough to say, “Here’s where I missed it, but I’m not going to do it again.”

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are full of mercy, and You always give me the grace to get through the consequences of the mistakes I make. Thank You that there are lessons in the pain that are for my good. Help me to learn and remember. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE breakthroughs are coming in my life, sudden bursts of God's goodness. Not a trickle. Not a stream. But a flood of God's power. A flood of healing. A flood of wisdom. A flood of favor. I am a breakthrough person and I choose to live breakthrough minded. I am expecting God to overwhelm me with His goodness and amaze me with His favor. This is my declaration.

In the Bible, King David needed a breakthrough when he faced an impossible situation. He and his men were up against a huge army--the Philistines. They were greatly outnumbered. They had little or no chance of winning. David asked God for help, and God gave David the promise that He would go with them and they would defeat that army.

When David and his men went out, that was exactly what happened. God gave them a great victory. David was so overwhelmed by it, he said in 1 Chronicles 14:11, "God has broken through to my enemies like the bursting forth of water." He named the place Baal-Perazim, which means, "the God of the breakthrough."

Notice, David likened God's power to the bursting forth of waters. He described it as a flood. He was saying when the God of the breakthrough shows up and releases His power it will be like a flood of His goodness, a flood of His favor, a flood of healing, a flood of new opportunity.

Think about how powerful water is: three or four feet of water can pick up a huge car that weighs thousands of pounds and move it all around. I've seen, on the news, big floods floating whole houses down the river. Nothing can stop the force of that water. Anything in the way is moved out of its path.

You may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, and dreams that appear unobtainable. But know this; when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power nothing can stop it. Your sickness may look big but it's nothing for the God of the breakthrough. It doesn't have a chance when God releases a flood of His healing.

When the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power nothing can stop it. Your opponents may look powerful. They may be bigger, stronger, better equipped, and better financed. But they don't have a chance when God opens up the floodgates of His favor. You need to be ready, not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. No, get ready for a flood of God's favor, a tidal wave of God's goodness, a tsunami of His increase.

You may be thinking "trickle" when God has an entire ocean to work with. You're thinking "stream" when God has a tidal wave. You should enlarge your vision. Dare to stretch your faith.

God wants to release His favor like a flood. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness.
  • Keep Casting Your Net

Today’s Scripture
    “...He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish...”(John 21:6, NIV)

Peter was an experienced fisherman and had been out in the boat all night. He had worked hard, used his best techniques, threw out the nets just where he thought the fish would be, again and again, hour after hour, but nothing.

Early the next morning, a man shouted from the beach to throw the net on the right side of the boat. When they did, they caught so many fish they couldn’t haul the net in. Right then, Peter recognized that the man on the beach was Jesus.

Like Peter, you may have worked hard toward your dreams, done your best, used your expertise, exhausted yourself, and come up empty. But God knows where your fish are. God is saying, “Throw out your nets one more time.” The struggle, the disappointment, and the lack were only tests. Your fish are still there. If you’ll throw out your nets again, God is going to cause those stored up blessings to find you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are the God who spoke worlds into existence, and You know how to get the fish to my net. Thank You that the opportunities, the promotions, the breakthroughs are coming. I’m going to keep believing and casting my net. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE it is not too late to accomplish everything God has placed in my heart. I have not missed my window of opportunity. God has moments of favor in my future. He is preparing me right now because He is about to release a special grace to help me accomplish that dream. This is my time. This is my moment. I receive it today! This is my declaration.

Many times we put off what we know God wants us to do. Maybe down deep God has been dealing with you about forgiving a wrong, getting back in shape, having a better attitude, spending more time with your family. Or maybe it's a dream or goal that you know you should be pursuing, such as starting a business, writing a book, joining the choir, learning a new hobby.

You know God put it on the inside but so often we make excuses that hold us back. Things like, "I'm too busy. I tried and failed. I'm not that talented. They hurt me too badly."

It's easy to talk yourself out of your dreams and goals. Too many people settle for mediocrity. But the good news is God never aborts a dream. We may give up on them. We may quit pursuing new opportunities, quit believing to overcome an obstacle. But God still has every intention of bringing to pass every dream, every promise, He put in your heart.

You may have put off taking the first step for a week, a year, or twenty-five years, but God is saying, "It's not too late to get started." You can still become everything God created you to be. But you must do your part and move off dead center. You're not too old or too young. You haven't missed your window of opportunity. The dream is still alive on the inside. You can still become everything God created you to be.

Now you should rise up in faith and say, "This is my time. This is my moment. I'm not settling where I am. I've let excuses hold me back long enough. But today, I will take steps of faith to pursue new opportunities, to explore new hobbies, to break bad habits, to get rid of wrong mind-sets. I know it's not too late to accomplish everything God has placed in my heart."

If you have this kind of attitude, the rest of your life can be the best of your life. In the Bible when Paul told Timothy, "Stir up the gift. Fan the flame" (2 Timothy 1:6 (NIV), he was saying, "Timothy, life is flying by. Get busy pursuing your destiny." You have to stay passionate about what God put in your heart. Don't let one disappointment or even a series of disappointments convince you to give up and settle where you are. I've learned every setback means you're one step closer to seeing the dream come to pass. You have to come to your closed doors before you'll ever get to your open doors. You may have tried and failed a thousand times. But you never know; number one thousand and one may be the door that swings open wide. Get your fire back.

Every setback means you're one step closer to seeing the dream come to pass. You may have been through disappointments. Things might not be the way you'd hoped they would be. Shake off your disappointment. Create a fresh new vision for your life.

You can still become everything God created you to be.
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."

In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.

In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.

In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.

When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.

When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.

When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.

When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.

When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Amen.

~Anonymous
  • Prayer for a Christian Life

O Christ, you came so that we might have life, and have it more abundantly,
    grant me, throughout this day, power in my love,
    strength in my humility,
    purity in my zeal,
    kindness in my laughter,
    and your peace in my heart at all times.

Amen.
    ~J. L. Cowie
  • <click here for link>

For Those Who Are Struggling

Heavenly Father, I pray for all my Christian brothers and sisters and for each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace to come in their hearts; I pray for love and joy to abound in their homes; I pray that they might enjoy good health, that they are not in debt, and that all their needs are met.

I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than you, Mighty God. Every battle is in your hands for you to fight, Lord. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them. In Christ’s name,

Amen.

Scripture Today: Galatians 3:2-3
    "Finishing as You Started"
  • Favor Connections

Today’s Scripture
    “...But Noah found favor with the LORD...”(Genesis 6:8, NLT)

When the great flood covered the earth, Noah’s family was the only one that was saved. It was because Noah found favor with the Lord. It doesn’t say Noah’s sons had favor, but because they were connected to Noah, their lives were spared.

The principle is, when you are connected with people who are favored, people who are further along, people who are more successful, then that favor will flow down to you. You’ll see increase and blessing because of your association.

The question is, are you connected to people who inspire you, challenge you, and make you strive to do better? Or, are you connected to people who are negative, drain your energy, and cause you to compromise? Eventually, you’re going to become like whoever you’re connected to. You need to disconnect from people who are hindering your growth and find some favor connections—people who are going places, who are at another level, who have what you dream about.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You have already lined up these favor connections for me. Thank You for the people who are ordained to help me go further. Help me to disconnect from people who are hindering my growth and connect with people who are favored. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE God is working all things together for my good. He has a master plan for my life. There may be things I don't understand right now but I'm not worried. I know all the pieces aren't here yet. One day it will all come together and everything will make sense. I will see God's amazing plan taking me places I never dreamed of. This is my declaration.

Everyone deals with disappointments and challenges that don't seem to make sense. It's easy to grow discouraged and think, Why did this happen to me? Why did my loved one not make it? Why did this person treat me wrong? Why did I get laid off?

I want you to understand that even though life is not always fair, God is fair. And He promises in Romans 8:28 that all things work together for our good.

I believe the key word is together . You cannot isolate a challenge in one area of your life and say, "Well, my whole life is ruined." That is just one part of your life. God can see the big picture. Don't be impatient. It's not over until God says it's over.

One disappointment is not the end. Your life doesn't stop because of a single setback or series of setbacks. The challenge you are facing is simply one piece of your puzzle. There is another piece coming that will connect it all. It will work together for your good.

Some people become bitter before all their pieces come together. God has promised a great plan for you. He has predestined you to live in victory. When events occur that you don't understand--hard times that don't make sense--don't let yourself be stuck there. God has more pieces coming your way.

You may feel like your life is missing something, whether it's in the area of your finances, your career, or your marriage. But all God has to do is add some to the puzzle, and your life will feel whole and complete. Those new parts may be the right people, the right opportunities, or the right breaks at just the right time.

If you will keep pressing forward, one day you will look back and see how it all played into a master plan that God had designed for our lives. You have to have a deep inner trust, a confidence down in your heart that says, "I know God has a great plan for my life. I know He is directing my steps. And even though I may not understand this, I know it's not a surprise to God. Somehow, someway, He will work it out to my advantage."

Don't be impatient. It's not over until God says it's over.
  • A Prayer of Thanksgiving

O God, who is near us always, I thank you for all the good gifts with which you have filled my life; for love that makes life beautiful, for all thoughts that uplift and gladden, for faith to believe and strength to attain, for every experience which humbles and teaches the need of you.

Let me never doubt that, having led me thus far, you will lead me to the end. I wish to serve you; show me how I can do it best. Graciously look upon me and use me as you will. And grant that I may employ all of your gifts to the end of setting forth of your glory; through Jesus Christ, our Lord,

Amen.
  • <click here for link>

Prayer For Salvation

O Lord God of Israel, who has come to all the nations through your Son, Christ Jesus, there is no god like you in heaven or earth, for you are loving and kind and you keep your promises to your people if they only have faith and seek to follow your commandments. You have fulfilled your promise to our fathers Abraham and David, who were your servants, through the mightiest and humblest of all men ever to live: the Word made flesh.

And now, O Lord our God, fulfill your promise to all who confess the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, that we may live in faith of Him, loving you and following your ways as He did, that we might be sanctified as your children and heirs.

Amen.

Today's Scripture: Exodus 3:7-12
    "Moses and The Burning Bush"