Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Use the Power of “But”

Today’s Scripture
    “...LORD, how they have increased who trouble me!... But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head...”(Psalm 3:1, 3, NKJV)

In today’s Scripture, David was saying, “God, my enemies are multiplying.” He not only had other armies trying to stop him, but his own son Absalom was trying to take the kingdom from him.

David could have thought, I can handle people from the outside trying to take me down, but now it’s my own son. I’m done. This could have been David’s end. But after David stated the hard facts, he took it one step further and said, “But You, O Lord, are my shield.” Notice that David added the “but.” “I’m having a lot of trouble, but the Lord is my shield.”

What’s the message? Don’t let the enemy have the last word. Always add the “but.” “The medical report doesn’t look good, but the Lord is my healer. “A coworker did me wrong, but God is fighting my battles.” “I went through a loss, but God has beauty for ashes.” Every time something negative happens, answer back with a “but.”

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for being a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head. Thank You that the enemy doesn’t have the last word when something negative happens to me. I will use the power of “but” and see Your promises come to pass. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE I am special and extraordinary. I am not average! I have been custom-made. I am one of a kind. Of all the things God created, what He is the most proud of is me. I am His masterpiece, his most prized possession. I will keep my head held high, knowing I am a child of the most high God, made in his very image. This is my declaration.

Psychologists say our self-worth is often based upon what we believe the most important people in our lives think of us. For children most likely that would be their parents. For adults, that could still be a parent, a spouse, a friend, or a mentor.

The problem with this philosophy is that people can disappoint us. They can say things or do things that bring heartache and pain. If we're receiving our value only from those who hurt us, we'll likely feel less and less valuable over time. Sooner or later they will say something that cuts like a knife, or they will show by their actions that we're not really that important.

The key to really understanding and maintaining a true sense of value is to let your Heavenly Father be the most important person in your life. Base your sense of value on what He says about you.

When you make mistakes some may criticize and make you feel guilty, like you're all washed up. But God says, "I have mercy for every mistake. Get up and go again. Your future is brighter than your past."

Others may make you feel like you're not talented, you're not attractive, or you don't have anything special to offer. But God says, "You're amazing. You're beautiful. You're one of a kind."

People may disappoint you and reject you, even say things that can wound your spirit. If you're receiving your value and your worth only from them, you'll go through life feeling inferior, insecure, with little self-worth. But if you will learn to receive your value from your Heavenly Father and listen to what He says about you, then you'll feel accepted, approved, redeemed, forgiven, confident, and secure. You will feel extremely valuable and that's exactly the way God wants you to be.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "You are God's masterpiece." Do you realize a masterpiece is not mass-produced?

You didn't come off an assembly line. You're not average. You're not ordinary. You've been custom-made. You are one of a kind. God created you in His very own image. He looks past all those other things and He looks right at you and says, "There's my masterpiece. That's my son. That's my daughter. That's what brings the most joy to my heart."

Let your Heavenly Father be the most important person in your life.
  • Prayer For Unity

Heavenly Lord, let me always remember that the Holy Spirit who guides and protects me is the same Spirit who guides and protects all Christians. We are one in your Spirit, and the differences that divide us are the work of Satan. He is powerful in the world, Lord; and only you are strong enough to protect us against him.

Let me always seek unity. Let me call on your Spirit for power when I feel separated from my brother or sister, the power of reconciliation, that we might find the unity and harmony in which you have commanded us to live. Let me never think that the Spirit conforms to my individual personality; but let me seek to conform myself to the one true Spirit of God. In Christ’s name, I pray.

Amen.
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you.

Amen.

Scripture Today: Exodus 3:16-22
    Moses and The Burning Bush [4] - The Lord Charges Moses
  • The King is Looking for You

Today’s Scripture
    “...Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table...”(2 Samuel 9:7, NIV)

Mephibosheth was the grandson of King Saul. His father was Jonathan, David’s best friend. But when Saul and Jonathan were killed in battle, and with the enemy coming to wipe out Saul’s family, young Mephibosheth was crippled in an accident. He ended up living in exile for many years in a poor, run-down city named Lo Debar, barely surviving, with no family and no way out. But one day King David remembered his friend Jonathan and discovered that Mephibosheth was alive. He sent soldiers to look for Mephibosheth, then brought him to the palace to live as royalty and restored his family’s land.

Perhaps you feel stuck in your own Lo Debar. The good news is, the King is looking for you. He wants to restore all that belongs to you as His child—the freedom, the joy, the peace, the victory, the abundance. He wants to pay you back for the unfair things that have happened. There is a seat for you at the King’s table.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me and looking for me because You want me to have all that belongs to me as Your child. Thank You that You found me and brought me to live with You in Your palace forever. I will gladly take my place at Your table. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE I am equipped for every good work God has planned for me. I am anointed and empowered by the Creator of the universe. Every bondage, every limitation, is being broken off of me. This is my time to shine. I will rise higher, overcome every obstacle, and experience victory like never before! This is my declaration.

God has equipped and empowered you with everything you need. You don't have to struggle and try to make things happen. It's already in you: the strength, the creativity, the ideas. God's already lined up the right people. He's already given you the breaks you need by anointing you with oil, His blessings and grace.

When I was growing up, I'd play football on the beach with a bunch of my friends. Back then I'd put Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil all over my body to keep from getting sunburned, but it turned out to help my game, too. I'm already kind of fast, but with that oil, nobody could tackle me. Big guys twice my size would grab me but I'd slip right out of their hands. I had an advantage. I was all oiled up.

That's the way it is when you walk in your anointing: things that should bring you down won't. Maybe you were laid off from the job. You should feel discouraged, but instead you stay in faith and you end up finding a better job.

Maybe your discouragement is due to a relationship that came to an end. You should feel bitter, but instead you stay in faith and God opens up another door to a better relationship. When you face tough times, remind yourself, "I've been anointed for this. I will not be negative. I will not lose my joy. I will stay full of praise. I know God is in control, and I believe He can take what was meant for my harm and turn it around and use it to my advantage."

If you do that, then one day you will look back on your life and realize that you made it through difficult times through the anointing God put on you. He gave you strength when you didn't think you could go on. He gave you joy when you should have been discouraged. He opened up a door when you didn't see any way out. Now you can look back and say with me, "Where would I have been if it had not been for the goodness of God in my life?"

God can take what was meant for my harm and turn it around and use it to my advantage.
  • Prayer To Know God

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still.

Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, “Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.” Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.

Amen.

~ A.W. Tozer
  • <click here for link>

Prayer To Love Lost Souls

Lord Jesus, I want to love with Your love those souls that are withering or lost. Enable me to remove any prejudices, judgments, and assumptions from my heart so that I may see them as You do: glorious and beloved children of the Father who have the opportunity for eternal life with Him. Remind me that You love them as much as You do me, and that at some point, You used someone to revive me as I withered and to bring me into Your flock when I was lost.

Amen.

Today's Scripture: Exodus 3:13-15
    Moses and The Burning Bush [3] - The Name of God
  • You Have a Defender

Today’s Scripture
    “...He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly...”(1 Peter 2:22–23, NLT)

When Jesus was on the earth, He went around doing good, healing the sick, lifting the fallen. He did nothing wrong, but He was misunderstood, criticized, belittled, ridiculed, and falsely accused. How did He respond to protect His reputation? Read today’s Scripture. He didn’t waste His time trying to prove to His critics that He was the Son of God. He just kept being His best, trusting His Father to settle His cases.

We all have people who come against us and make negative comments about us. We spend too much time worrying about what they think, trying to defend ourselves and prove to people who we are. Why don’t you put your reputation in God’s hands? He said He will defend you, and He will vindicate you far better than you can vindicate yourself. You don’t have to retaliate, get even, prove that you’re a nice person, or convince them to change their mind. God can do it better than you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the example that Jesus showed in His response to insults and false accusations. Thank You that I don’t have to waste my time and energy trying to prove who I am or change what others think of me. You are my defender. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE God's supernatural favor over my life. What I could not make happen on my own, God will make happen for me. Supernatural opportunities, healing, restoration, and breakthroughs are coming my way. I am getting stronger, healthier, and wiser. I will discover talent that I didn't know I had and I will accomplish my God-given dream. This is my declaration.

In the Bible, God promised Sarah she would have a child. At first she didn't believe it. She thought she was too old. I love what God said to her in Genesis 18:14: "Sarah, is there anything too hard for the Lord?"

God says that to each one of us. "Is there anything too hard for Me?" Do you think your dreams are too big for God to bring to pass? Do you think your relationship is too far gone for God to restore? Do you think you just have to live with that sickness the rest of your life?

No, get a new vision today. Put on a new attitude. God is saying, "I am all-powerful. I can turn any situation around." It doesn't matter what it looks like in the natural world. He is a supernatural God.

The Amplified Bible puts it this way, "Is there anything too wonderful for the Lord?" God says, "If you'll take the limits off Me I'll amaze you with My goodness. I'll not only meet your needs, I'll take it one step further. I'll give you the desires of your heart" (2 Corinthians 9:8-9 NIV). One translation says, "the secret petitions of your heart." These are your hidden dreams, those secret desires, those promises that you haven't told anybody about. It's just between you and God. Know this today--God wants to bring your secret petitions to pass. Will you get a vision for it? Will you put your faith out there?

Sometimes we think, God has bigger things to deal with than me getting this business off the ground, or taking this trip overseas to see my relatives. I can't bother God with that. That's not important enough.

No, it's just the opposite. God is the one who puts the dream in your heart. Parents love to do good things for their children. They love to make their day. I want you to get a revelation of how much your Heavenly Father is longing to be good to you. He wants to amaze you with His goodness.

When you believe, it sets a series of events into motion. God wants to give you the desires of your heart. I believe even right now, because you're in faith, because you're saying, "Lord, I believe," God is arranging things in your favor. He is lining up the right people, the right opportunities. In the coming days you will see supernatural increase, explosive blessings.

God is the one who puts those dreams in your heart.... He wants to amaze you with His goodness.
  • Sunday Prayer of Praise to God’s Glory

Heavenly God, you are the King eternal, immortal and invisible. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God; the same yesterday, today, and forever.

In times long past did you lay the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands: Yet they will perish, but you will endure; yes, all of them will grow old like a garment, as a coat you will change them, and they will be changed; but you are the same, and your years will have no end.

You alone are God, and do not change; and because of this, we may hope to be preserved. Are you not from eternity, O Lord our God, our Holy One? The everlasting God, even the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, who does not faint nor grow weary? There is no searching out your understanding, mighty Lord, but by our praise we may glorify your Holy Name, now and all our lives.

Amen.
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for Deliverance

Dear Lord, grant me, I beseech you, your divine helping grace. Endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering. I flee to you, my only hope and refuge, for relief and comfort, trusting to your infinite love and compassion; that in due time, you will deliver me from all the trials of this life and turn my distress into comfort. I rejoice in your mercy. I exalt and praise your holy name, oh Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and forever.
    Amen.

Doxology

Now to him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present ourselves blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever.

Amen.

Scripture for Today: Ephesians 1: 5-12
    Praise His Glory
  • Remember What God Has Done

Today’s Scripture
    “...You may say to yourselves, ‘These nations are stronger than we are. How can we drive them out?’ But do not be afraid of them; remember well what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt...” (Deuteronomy 7:17–18, NIV)

The Israelites were headed toward the Promised Land, but they were up against nations with huge armies that were stronger and more skilled in warfare. The Israelites had just come out of slavery and were just trying to survive in the desert. They were very discouraged when Moses spoke these words to them: “Don’t be afraid. Just remember what God did to Pharaoh.”

If you’re going to overcome obstacles, if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to learn to remember. On a regular basis, we should go back over the major victories in our life. When you face tough times and your dream looks impossible, just remember. Go back and replay your victories. Relive the times God made a way. When you’re constantly thinking about how He’s protected you, vindicated you, and promoted you, not only will faith rise in your heart, but that attitude of expectancy will allow God to do great things in your future.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the strength that rises within me whenever I remember what You have done in my life. Thank You for the countless times You made a way when it seemed there was no way, and You opened doors that seemed closed. I will not be afraid. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE I am grateful for who God is in my life and for what He's done. I will not take for granted the people, the opportunities, and the favor He has blessed me with. I will look at what is right and not what is wrong. I will thank Him for what I have and not complain about what I don't have. I will see each day as a gift from God. My heart will overflow with praise and gratitude for all of His goodness. This is my declaration.

Whenever I talk to people who have had life-threatening experiences, whether from an illness, an accident, or some other challenge, without fail they talk about how they have come to appreciate each and every day more than ever before. They don't take a minute for granted. They see every day as a gift from God.

We have to realize that our lives could be gone in a moment. There are no guarantees that we will be here at this time next year. Learn to live each day to the fullest. Don't complain. Don't focus on what's wrong. Be grateful for the opportunity to experience each day.

Things may not be perfect. You may have some aches and pains. You may have some adversity. But in the big scope of things your life could be a whole lot worse. And really, you need to live every day like it could be your last.

I heard somebody say, "If you only had an hour to live, whom would you call? What would you say? And what are you waiting for?" Don't take for granted what God has already given you.

You may not realize it but we are living in the good old days. I'm convinced twenty or thirty years from now you will look back and say, "Those were some great times. I remember when I was just a young man. I remember when his brother still had some hair!" These are the good old days.

I used to play basketball with a young man, a strong athlete, who began having problems with one of his eyes. He went to the doctor and was told that he had a form of cancer that threatened his vision in the eye. As you can imagine he was devastated. He could not believe it. Then, he went in for surgery and his doctors found that he didn't have cancer. Instead, they found an unusual fungus, which they were able to remove. His vision was saved. When my friend woke up from the operation and heard the good news he said, "This is the greatest day of my life!"

Think about it. He didn't just win the lottery. He didn't just earn a big promotion. He didn't just buy a new home. He simply learned that he would continue to have the vision he'd always had.

He told me, "now every morning when I get up I look around on purpose. I stare at my children. I go outside and I look up at the leaves. I take time to pick up an acorn and I'll just stare at it." Because he almost lost his vision, seeing has now taken on a whole new meaning. He appreciates it in a much greater way.

You need to live every day like it could be your last.
  • Prayer for God‘s Protection

Heavenly Father, I live in your shelter. You are my refuge and my fortress. You are my God, in whom I trust. Deliver me and all those who love You from the dangers of the world, both the physical dangers that can crush our bodies and the deadly pestilence that can lay waste to our souls. Cover us with your mighty wings and protect us with your steadfast shield, and we will not fear the terror of the night or the perils of the day.

The world in its darkness curses you, the only truth, the only love, the only salvation; it seeks to destroy us by force, by sarcasm, by seduction, by compromise. But if a thousand fall to the lies of the world, if ten thousand should fall away, it will not affect me. For I have made you my dwelling place, O God. You have sent your angels to guard the faithful. On their hands, they bear us up, that no stone shall strike our foot, and no viper strike our heel.

Deliver me, O Lord, for I hold fast to you even in my fear. No temptation or power of earth can separate me from your love. You answer me when I call to you; you protect me because I call on your name. You have satisfied me with long life and salvation. All praise to the God of Jacob, all praise to Jesus Christ.

Amen.
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for Renewal

O God, who for our redemption gave your only-begotten Son to the death of the cross, and by his glorious resurrection delivered us from the power of our enemy: Grant me and my fellow saints so to die daily to sin, that we may evermore live with him in the joy of his resurrection. Stir up in your Church that Spirit of adoption which is given to us in Baptism, that all Christendom, being renewed both in body and mind, may worship you in sincerity and truth; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

Amen.
  • Prayer For Miracle Power

Heavenly Father, I open my heart wide to receive the love of God. As I receive God’s love as universal supply, all my affairs are healed. I realize and accept the healing power of the Universe as love, and I allow the healing power that is love to penetrate my life. I readily accept the healing power of love in my life and I know that as love, God is my limitless and abundant supply made manifest. I feel the outpouring of God’s love in my body and mind. I feel God’s love in my affairs, and I know all is well.

Amen.
  • Get the Right Image

Today’s Scripture
    “...If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you...”(James 1:5, NIV)

God is not keeping a record of all your faults. Sometimes we think He’s in heaven, watching to catch us. “I saw that failure. Let me write that down. I heard that comment. Gabriel, put a star by that one—that was really bad. I’ll have to withhold My goodness.”

No, God is not a faultfinder. He’s not an accuser. He doesn’t go around saying, “You knew better and still failed, so you’re on your own.” God is not waiting for you to perform perfectly and then He’s going to show you His goodness. He is full of mercy. He’ll show you favor that you don’t deserve.

When you have the right image of God, you know that He’s for you, that He’s not basing His goodness toward you on your performance but on His grace alone. Then all the guilt and the condemnation have to go. God will give you the power to overcome anything that’s holding you back.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are not a faultfinder, but You are full of mercy. Thank You that You are not waiting for me to perform perfectly and then You’ll show me Your love and goodness. I believe that You will empower me to become all You created me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE God's supernatural favor over my life. What I could not make happen on my own, God will make happen for me. Supernatural opportunities, healing, restoration, and breakthroughs are coming my way. I am getting stronger, healthier, and wiser. I will discover talent that I didn't know I had and I will accomplish my God-given dream. This is my declaration.

In the Bible, God promised Sarah she would have a child. At first she didn't believe it. She thought she was too old. I love what God said to her in Genesis 18:14: "Sarah, is there anything too hard for the Lord?"

God says that to each one of us. "Is there anything too hard for Me?" Do you think your dreams are too big for God to bring to pass? Do you think your relationship is too far gone for God to restore? Do you think you just have to live with that sickness the rest of your life?

No, get a new vision today. Put on a new attitude. God is saying, "I am all-powerful. I can turn any situation around." It doesn't matter what it looks like in the natural world. He is a supernatural God.

The Amplified Bible puts it this way, "Is there anything too wonderful for the Lord?" God says, "If you'll take the limits off Me I'll amaze you with My goodness. I'll not only meet your needs, I'll take it one step further. I'll give you the desires of your heart" (2 Corinthians 9:8-9 NIV). One translation says, "the secret petitions of your heart." These are your hidden dreams, those secret desires, those promises that you haven't told anybody about. It's just between you and God. Know this today--God wants to bring your secret petitions to pass. Will you get a vision for it? Will you put your faith out there?

Sometimes we think, God has bigger things to deal with than me getting this business off the ground, or taking this trip overseas to see my relatives. I can't bother God with that. That's not important enough.

No, it's just the opposite. God is the one who puts the dream in your heart. Parents love to do good things for their children. They love to make their day. I want you to get a revelation of how much your Heavenly Father is longing to be good to you. He wants to amaze you with His goodness.

When you believe, it sets a series of events into motion. God wants to give you the desires of your heart. I believe even right now, because you're in faith, because you're saying, "Lord, I believe," God is arranging things in your favor. He is lining up the right people, the right opportunities. In the coming days you will see supernatural increase, explosive blessings.

God is the one who puts those dreams in your heart.... He wants to amaze you with His goodness.
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
    In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
    In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
    In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
    When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
    When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
    When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
    When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
    When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
    Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Amen.

Anonymous
  • Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you.

Amen.

dailyprayer.us
  • <click here for link>

For Unity

Heavenly Lord, let me always remember that the Holy Spirit who guides and protects me is the same Spirit who guides and protects all Christians. We are one in your Spirit, and the differences that divide us are the work of Satan. He is powerful in the world, Lord; and only you are strong enough to protect us against him.

Let me always seek unity. Let me call on your Spirit for power when I feel separated from my brother or sister, the power of reconciliation, that we might find the unity and harmony in which you have commanded us to live. Let me never think that the Spirit conforms to my individual personality; but let me seek to conform myself to the one true Spirit of God. In Christ’s name, I pray.

Amen.

Scripture Today: Exodus 3:16-22
    Moses and The Burning Bush [4] - The Lord Charges Moses
  • Break Out of the Mold

Today's Scripture
    Hezekiah trusted in the LORD, the God of Israel. There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before him or after him. He held fast to the LORD and did not stop following him…And the LORD was with him; he was successful in whatever he undertook. (2 Kings 18:5–7, NIV)

Hezekiah’s father was King Ahaz of Judah, who set up idols for the people to worship and closed the doors of the temple. He didn’t honor God, and the nation went downhill and became very poor. Hezekiah was raised in an environment of compromise, defeat, and mediocrity. He could have turned out like his dad and adapted to that environment, but when he became king, the first thing Hezekiah did was to reopen the temple. He turned the nation back toward God.

You may be in some kind of limited environment. If Hezekiah were here today, he would tell you, “You can break out of the mold. You can be the difference maker. You can be the one who sets your family on a course to honoring God, a course of blessing, favor, and victory.”

Recondition your mind, start thinking better, believing that you’re a can-do person, knowing that you have seeds of greatness, and you too will break barriers that you thought were impossible.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that I can break out of the mold and be a difference maker. Thank You that I can live a life that honors You and is a blessing to my family. I declare that I will not live a life of compromise, but rather one of favor and victory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE that God has a great plan for my life. He is directing my steps. And even though I may not always understand how, I know my situation is not a surprise to God. He will work out every detail to my advantage. In His perfect timing, everything will turn out right. This is my declaration.

The Scripture talks about how all of our days have been written in God's book. He's already recorded every part of your life from the beginning to the end. God knows every disappointment, every loss, and every challenge. The good news is your story ends in victory. Your final chapter concludes with you fulfilling your God-given destiny. Here's the key: When you go through a disappointment, when you go through a loss, don't stop on that page. Keep moving forward. There's another chapter in front of you, but you have to be willing to walk into it.

Sometimes we focus too long on trying to figure out why something didn't work out the way we wanted, maybe why a marriage didn't last, or why we weren't given a position we worked hard for. You may not understand everything you've been through. But if you'll just keep pressing forward, not letting the bitterness take root, you will come to a chapter in your future that will pull it all together, a chapter that will cause it to make sense.

A girl loved to put together puzzles when she was a little girl. Every couple of weeks her parents bought her a new puzzle to work on with her. Sometimes it would take them two or three days. Invariably, they would find a piece of that puzzle that didn't look like it fit anywhere. After trying every option they could think of, placing the piece here and there without finding a fit, they would usually come to the conclusion that the manufacturer must have messed up. Maybe they'd included an extra piece by mistake or dropped in a piece from a different puzzle. Every time that happened, though, they will discover as the puzzle came closer to being finished that there was a perfect place for that "extra" piece. What was the problem earlier? All the other pieces weren't together yet.

The same might be true for you and your life. You may have issues or challenges that you don't understand. You're wondering, "if God is so good, why did my life turn out like this? Why didn't I get that promotion? It just doesn't seem to make sense."

Yes, that's true on its own, but it's because you have pieces to your puzzle that have not yet come together. If you will stay in faith, before long you will see how every setback, every disappointment, even a loss, was simply another piece of your puzzle. You may also discover that if this issue or challenge had not happened you would not have become connected to the great things God had in your future. You may not see it yet, but God has the right pieces to make your puzzle fit together. That puzzle may not make sense right now, but don't be discouraged--there's another piece coming that will pull it all together.

When you go through a disappointment... don't stop on that page.
  • Glory to God

Glory to You, Lord God, bringing from the depth of the earth an endless variety of colors, tastes and scents;
    Glory to You for the warmth and tenderness of the world of nature;
    Glory to You for the numberless creatures around us;
    Glory to You for the depths of Your wisdom, the whole world a living sign of it;
    Glory to You: on my knees, I kiss the traces of Your unseen hand;
    Glory to You, enlightening us with the clearness of eternal life;
    Glory to You for the hope of the unutterable, imperishable beauty of immortality;
    Glory to You, O God, from age to age.

Amen.
  • Forgiven Much

Today’s Scripture
    “...I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love...”(Luke 7:47, NLT)

Jesus was at a Pharisee’s house when an “immoral woman” came in and poured a jar of expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet and began to wash them with her tears and her hair. The religious leaders were shocked that Jesus would allow this “sinner” to touch Him. But though she had made a mess of her life, she loved and longed to please Jesus. When she took one step toward God, He showed her mercy and said, “Your sins are forgiven.”

That’s the God we serve. Maybe you’ve made a mess, and now you think, God will never help me. No, God is not judging you based on what you’ve done. He looks past the outside, past the mistakes and failures, and He looks at your heart. The question is, is your heart turned toward Him? As it was with this lady, when you call out to God, you’re going to see His favor, restoration, and mercy.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for looking beyond my performance and seeing my heart. Thank You for forgiving my mistakes and failures and messes. I’m shaking off the guilt and condemning thoughts and believing that You will show me Your favor and restoration. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • I DECLARE that I will ask God for big things in my life. I will pray bold prayers and expect big and believe big. I will ask God to bring to pass those hidden dreams that are deep in my heart. If certain promises don't look like they will happen, I will not be intimidated and give up. I will pray with boldness, expecting God to show Himself strong, knowing that nothing is too difficult for Him. This is my declaration.

A lot of times we think we're not supposed to ask for too much. After all, we don't want to be greedy. We don't want to be selfish. I have people tell me, "if God wants me to be blessed, He'll bless me. He's God."

But that's not the way it works. God expects us to ask. James 4:2 says, "You have not because you ask not." If you're not asking for God's favor, His blessings, His increase, then you're not releasing your faith.

I know people who do ask, but they pray such small prayers: "God, if You'll just give me a fifty-cent raise." They act like they are inconveniencing God.

"God if you will just help me survive this marriage," they say. No, dare to ask big.

Jesus put it this way, "According to your faith it will be done unto you." That means if you pray little you will receive little. But if you learn to pray bold prayers, and big prayers, and expect big, and believe big, it allows God to do big things in your life.

If you learn to pray bold prayers it allows God to do big things in your life. You may have a dream deep down on the inside, but you've never asked God for it. It's not wrong to ask. It's not selfish to ask. God expects us to ask.

The Scripture says in Psalm 2:8, "Ask of Me and I will give you the nations." God is saying, "Ask Me for big things. Ask Me for those hidden dreams that I've planted in your heart. Ask Me for those unborn promises that may seem unlikely to happen in the natural."

In your quiet time--when it's just between you and God--dare to ask Him for your deepest hopes, your deepest dreams. It may seem impossible, but just be honest and say, "God, I don't see how this could ever happen, but I have a dream to start my own business. God, I'm asking for You to help." Or, "God, I'd love to go back to college but I don't have the time. I don't have the money. God, I'm asking You to make a way."

Dare to ask God for your greatest dreams, your greatest desires.
  • Prayer for Those Suffering from Addiction

Dear Lord, we come to you and we pray for all those who are struggling this day. We ask in the name of Jesus, that you be with each person who is struggling with addiction, whether it be alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, food — sometimes it’s more than one at a time.

Lord, you are our deliverer. We can do anything through Christ who strengthens us, if we will only take the first step. I pray that you will give every addicted person the courage to face up to their problems and to have a strong desire to change.

I pray that you will remove all outside influences that hinder them from coming clean and which (or who) perpetuate their addictions. We ask in Jesus’ name that you will bind the enemy and that you will put your angels about each person to protect them tonight from themselves and from the things that keep dragging them down. Lord, I know many self-medicate so they won’t have to deal with the pain in their lives. I pray that you will give them the courage and strength to face down their demons and hurts, and to clean out the wounds once and for all, so they can be free to be the person that you’ve called them to be, to be free from the sickness and pain that keeps them in bondage.

We ask for healing in families torn apart by addiction. We ask for protection for those family members that are in harm’s way because of a loved one’s addictions. Lord, everyone suffers in a family where there is addiction. Please pour out your grace, mercy and healing power on each person who has been affected by someone with an addiction.

May the chains be broken today, Lord. Set the captives free and begin the healing that only you can bring. Bring hope, mighty God: Give each a vision of what life can be like for a person freed from pain and addiction. Lord, for every need spoken or unspoken, we ask for your provision.

Amen.
  • When You Run Out of Strength

Today’s Scripture
    “...The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you...” (1 Kings 19:7, NIV)

The prophet Elijah had just gone from one of the greatest victories of his life to running away in defeat at the death threat of Queen Jezebel. He was sitting under a tree so depressed that he didn’t want to live. He said, “God, I’m done. It’s over.” He’d just seen a great miracle, but now he was tired of standing strong in faith.

Maybe you’ve been doing the right thing, praying and believing, but you’ve lost your drive. You may not have given up on life but given up on your dreams. Here’s the good news: God doesn’t condemn us or disqualify us or write us off when we get tired. God sent an angel to cook and feed Elijah once, and then a second time to strengthen him. That is what He’ll do for you. He’s going to cause blessings to chase you down. He’s coming a second time to push you into the fullness of your destiny..

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your provisions all along my life journey. Thank You for Your promise of coming to me a second time to renew me with strength and breathe new life into my dreams. I believe that You are coming again to cause blessings to chase me down. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Mercy

Heavenly Father, true God, who sent Your beloved Son to seek the wandering sheep, I have sinned against heaven and before You; receive me like the Prodigal Son, and clothe me with the garment of innocence, of which I was deprived by sin. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner, in the name of Christ.

Amen.