Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Have a “No Excuses” Mentality

Today’s Scripture
    “...Don’t seek vengeance. Don’t bear a grudge; but love your neighbor as yourself, for I am Jehovah...”(Leviticus 19:18, TLB)

In the Scripture, Joseph was betrayed and sold into slavery by his own brothers, then falsely accused and put in prison. He could have used excuse after excuse to be bitter and angry, but he had a “no excuses” mentality. He kept doing the right thing when the wrong thing was happening. And in the end, he came out vindicated, promoted, and in a place of influence and respect.

People may have said things about you and done things to you that hurt and offended. Don’t waste your time looking back, nursing your wounds. Reliving what they did, thinking about what didn’t work out are distractions. Let it go and God will be your vindicator. Life is too short for you to waste another day in self-pity. It’s not always easy to get over it and move forward, but here’s the key: the pain of letting it go is less than the pain of holding on and missing your destiny.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are the God who fights my battles and vindicates me. Thank You for Your love and grace that are mine. Right now I let go of the hurts, offenses, and wounds of the past. I declare that they have no power over me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Thanks for the Animals of Creation

Oh God, I thank thee
    for all the creatures you have made,
    so perfect in their kind —

Animals like the elephant and rhinoceros,
    humorous animals like the camel and the monkey,
    friendly ones like the dog and the cat,
    working ones like the horse and the ox,
    timid ones like the squirrel and the rabbit,
    majestic ones like the lion and the tiger,
    for birds with their songs.

Oh Lord give me such love for your creation,
    that love may cast out fear,
    and all the creatures see in man
    their priest and friend,
    through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

~ George Appleton
  • Blessed Indeed

Today’s Scripture
    “...Jabez prayed to the God of Israel: “Bless me, O bless me! Give me land, large tracts of land. And provide your personal protection—don’t let evil hurt me.” God gave him what he asked...”(1 Chronicles 4:10, MSG)

The name Jabez means “pain, sorrow, suffering.” Every time someone said, “Hello, Jabez,” they were saying, “Hello, sorrow. Hello, pain.” They were prophesying defeat and failure. You can imagine how he could have let that make him feel inferior and insecure. But despite what people labeled him, he had the boldness to ask big, that God would bless him with abundance and protection. And God blessed him indeed.

Like Jabez, you may have reasons to settle where you are—what you didn’t get, what people said, the odds may be against you—but the good news is that God is for you. He can thrust you further than you ever imagined, but you have to pray bold prayers. Ask in spite of the circumstances. Ask in spite of what people are saying. Ask in spite of what the enemy keeps whispering in your ears. If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to learn this principle of asking big.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that when the odds are against me, You are for me. Thank You that nothing and no one is more powerful than You, and I can dare to pray bold prayers. I believe that You are going to bless me with abundance as You did Jabez. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • For Those in Distress

I pray to you, Master, be our helper and defender. Rescue those of our number in distress; raise up the fallen; assist the needy; heal the sick; turn back those of your people who stray; feed the hungry; release our captives; revive the weak; encourage those who lose heart. Let all the nations realize that you are the only God, that Jesus Christ is your Child, and that we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.

Amen.

from a prayer by Clement of Rome (@ 96 A.D.)
  • You Control the Doorway

Today’s Scripture
    “...My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises...” (Psalm 119:148, NIV)

Studies show that we talk to ourselves up to fifty thousand times a day. There is always something playing in our minds. The Scripture tells us to meditate on God’s promises. The word meditate means “to think about over and over.” We need to pay attention to what we’re meditating on.

Meditating is the same principle as worrying. When you worry, you’re just meditating on the wrong thing. You’re using your faith in reverse. If you go through the day worried about your finances, worried about your family, and worried about your future because you’re allowing the wrong thoughts to play, it’s going to cause you to be anxious, fearful, negative, and discouraged. The whole problem is what you’re choosing to meditate on.

You control the doorway to your mind. When those negative thoughts come knocking, you don’t have to answer the door. You can say, “No, thanks. I’m going to choose to meditate on what God says about me.”

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for giving me Your promises to meditate upon. Thank You that Your Word instructs me to think on things that are true, right, wholesome, pure, and of good report. I declare that my trust is in You alone and not in anything else. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,
    I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.

Amen!

~Lynn Robinson
  • Prayer For Mercy

Son of God, true God, who descended from the bosom of the Father, and took flesh of the Virgin Mary for our salvation, who was crucified and buried, and rose from the dead, and ascended to the Father, I have sinned against Heaven and before You; remember me like the thief on the cross, when You come into Your kingdom. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner.

Amen.

~ Nersess the Gracious, an Armenian Orthodox Saint of the 12th century
  • Release Your Faith

Today’s Scripture
    “...Your faith has healed you. Go in peace...” (Luke 8:48, NIV)

Scripture says, “Without faith it is impossible to please God.” That means you can be obedient and yet have a sour attitude and not please God. You can give, help the poor, and volunteer, which are good things we should do, and not please God.

If you’re not believing for things bigger than you can accomplish on your own, if you’re not expecting difficulties to turn around, if you’re not anticipating new levels, and thanking God that He’s opening doors you can’t open, thanking Him that He’s bringing promises to pass, then you’re not releasing your faith. You have to stir up what God put in your heart.

Maybe you’ve been praying, believing, expecting for a long time. Stay in faith; it’s going to happen sooner than it looks. Get ready because God is full of surprises. Many times He’ll do it suddenly, out of the ordinary, you didn’t see it coming. Expect His goodness, and you’ll please God.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that You are on Your throne and You are bigger than anything I am facing. I know that You work in Your own perfect timing, so I thank You that it’s on the way. I’m looking for Your goodness and Your favor today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Praise to God

O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips praise you.

Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any grievous way in me, and if there be any, return me to your path, and lead me in the way everlasting. All glory and praise be your now, and forever,

Amen.

From Psalms 63 and 139
  • We See Imperfectly

Today’s Scripture
    “...Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity...”(1 Corinthians 13:12, NLT)

We all go through painful times when we’re hurting, lonely, undergoing medical treatment, and on the surface, the pieces of our life don’t make sense. We think they can’t be a part of God’s plan.

Pain is a part of life, and it often feels like a dark place. It’s easy to get discouraged and think, God, why did this happen? You have to trust that even then, God doesn’t make any mistakes. He’s already designed your life and laid out every piece down to the smallest detail. He never said we would understand everything along the way. God didn’t promise that there wouldn’t be any pain, suffering, or disappointment. But He did promise that it would all work out for our good.

That piece that’s painful, that doesn’t look as though it makes sense—when everything comes together, it’s going to fit perfectly in place. You just can’t see it now because the other pieces are not in place.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You that there is a purpose for whatever pain comes my way and that You only allow what I can handle and what is for my good. Thank You that though I may not understand it now, the day is coming when I will see it clearly and understand. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Prayer To Be With God Today

Oh Father God who made me, open my eyes that I may see your hand in all of your works this day and most especially in those you have made in your image. Oh Lord Christ, open my heart that I may see your holy presence surrounding me; blanket me in an impenetrable luminous cloud of godly love. Oh Holy Spirit, let me hear your voice like the uninterrupted roar of a great waterfall that cannot be silenced and cannot be stopped and cannot be overcome by any temptation of flesh.

Draw my heart back to your love the instant I begin to hate. If I am proud, drown my pride in your glory. Teach me to be careful in nothing when it comes to you, Holy God, and let me know and shine forth the truth: that all things are possible in Your Son, Our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

Amen.
  • This is Real Love

Today’s Scripture
    “...This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins...” (1 John 4:10, NLT)

“Real love” is not our love for God, it’s God’s love for us. When we try to perform to gain His love, the problem is that we can never measure up. There will always be something we can’t do right, some reason we can’t feel good about ourselves. Why don’t you take the pressure off and receive real love, God’s love for you?

That’s what the lady who was caught in the act of adultery had to do in John 8. When her religious accusers walked away, failing to condemn her, Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” He didn’t say, “Go and change your ways, quit giving in to the temptation, and then I’ll love you, then I’ll be for you.” Just the opposite. He first said, “I don’t condemn you.”

Before He talked about her behavior, before he addressed the issues, Jesus made sure she knew she was the one whom He loved.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that Your love is the real love that I need to change my life. Thank You that You sent Jesus as a sacrifice to take away my sins that I might receive Your love as a gift. I receive it now, and I believe I am the one whom You love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Why Be Afraid?

Today’s Scripture
    “...For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock...” (Psalm 27:5, NLT)

David had all kinds of things come against him—people, armies, even his own family. He had many reasons to live worried, upset, and bitter. But he said, “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? Why should I be afraid?” David lived with this attitude, “God’s got this. I’m not going to worry or live in fear. He will hide me when trouble comes. He will place me out of reach.”

You may have discouraging situations and difficulties coming against you, but God has placed you out of reach. They can’t defeat you. Now do like David and remain confident. Keep your peace. You may feel like you’re surrounded by an army, but the truth is you’re surrounded by God’s favor. The forces that are for you are greater than the forces that are against you. God’s got this. He’s done it in the past, and He’s not going to stop now.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are my light and my salvation and the stronghold of my life. Thank You for Your promise of protecting me when troubles come and placing me out of its reach. I will live from a place of peace, knowing I am safe in the palms of Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I will experience God's faithfulness. I will not worry. I will not doubt. I will keep my trust in Him, knowing that He will not fail me. I will give birth to every promise God put in my heart and I will become everything God created me to be. This is my declaration.

Every one of us has dreams and goals in our heart. There are promises that we are standing on. Maybe you are believing for a child to turn around, or believing to get healthy again, believing to start a business or to be in ministry. Deep down you know God has spoken that to your spirit. He has birthed it on the inside. But so often, because it's taking a long time and we've been through disappointments, we get negative and start thinking that it will not happen.

The reason many people don't see God's promises come to pass is because they become discouraged and give up too soon. But just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean God is not working. Just because it's taking a long time doesn't mean God ran out of options. Your mind is saying, It's over. Your emotions are saying, No way. The circumstances look impossible. That doesn't mean God won't do what He said. Just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean God is not working.

God is faithful to His word. All of His promises are "Yes" and "Amen." That means if you will do your part and believe even though it looks impossible, and not let your mind, your emotions, or other people talk you out of it, then God promises in due season and at the right time He will bring it to pass. It may not happen the way you expect it or on your timetable, but God is a faithful God. It will happen.

He will not let you down. That's what He said in Hebrews 13: "I will not in any way fail you or leave you without support. Therefore we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my Helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?' "

You need to let that sink down on the inside: "I will not fail you." God is saying, "Everything will work out. I'm in complete control. I know what the medical report says. I know what the financial situation looks like. I see the people who are coming against you. I know how big your dreams are. And hear me clearly; I will not fail you. I will not let you down. I will not let that problem overtake you. I will cause you to be the overcomer."

God is saying if we will keep our trust in Him, He will always make a way even though it looks like there is no way. He will give you strength for every battle, wisdom for every decision, peace that passes understanding. God will vindicate you for the wrongs that have been done. He will pay you back for unfair situations. He promised He will not only bring your dreams to pass but He will give you even the secret desires of your heart.

Dare to trust Him. Come back to that place of peace. Quit being worried, stressed out, wondering if it will happen. God has you in the palm of His hand. He has never once failed before, and the good news is He is not about to start now.

Just because you don't see anything happening doesn't mean God is not working.
  • Know Who You Are and Aren’t

Today’s Scripture
    “...This was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders sent priests and Temple assistants from Jerusalem to ask John, “Who are you?” He came right out and said, “I am not the Messiah”...” (John 1:19–20, NLT)

John the Baptist was baptizing people and gaining a lot of attention when the Jewish leaders asked him if he was the Messiah. Without missing a beat, John said, “I am not.” It’s important to know who you are and who you’re not.

If you don’t know this, you can spend your life trying to be something you’re not. Knowing what you’re not will help you stay focused on becoming who you are because there will always be pressures to be this, to be that, to be the other. If you’re trying to be something you’re not, you’ll be frustrated. There’s no grace for it. It will be a constant struggle, like it’s always uphill. When you’re you, you activate your anointing. The anointing on your life is to be who God called you to be. There’s a favor, a blessing, a grace that is unique to your life.

Be confident in what you have. Keep being who God’s made you to be.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You have given me gifts and talents to fulfill my destiny, and they are different from what others have been given. Thank You for the blessing of being different and the privilege of making the most of what You’ve given me. I will be content. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I will speak only positive words of faith and victory over myself, my family, and my future. I will not use my words to describe the situation. I will use my words to change my situation. I will call in favor, good breaks, healing, and restoration. I will not talk to God about how big my problems are. I will talk to my problems about how big my God is. This is my declaration.

We need to pay attention to the things we say. I've known people who are always talking about how tired and run-down they are. They say it so much it's become a reality. The more you talk about negative things in your life the more you call them in. So if you wake up in the morning and feel tired and lethargic, instead of complaining, you need to declare: "I'm strong. I'm full of energy. God is renewing my strength. I can do what I need to do today."

A pastor was traveling a lot with his wife and they have been very busy visiting churches and his wife will say, "I am so tired. Look at my eyes. Can you see how red they are?" Her husband will say, "No, you look great. You look just as beautiful as ever." She knows her husband too well. "No, I don't," she'll say. "I know you. You just won't say it." She is right. The husband won't agree when she says she looks bad. He don't want to speak defeat. He want to speak victory. He often wonders what she would think if he ever said, "Oh yeah. You don't look good at all. You look so tired. Are you really wearing that?" He had to find a ride home! So, he stuck to talking with hope.

The more we talk about being tired the more tired we become. The more we talk about being depressed the more depressed we'll be. The more you talk about being overweight the more out of shape you will become. Switch over into victory. Don't talk about the way you are. Talk about the way you want to be.

There is a young lady who works as part of the staff at their church. She told the women's group that every morning before she leaves the house she looks in the mirror and says, "Girl, you are looking good today." The pastor saw her a while back and asked if she was still doing it. She said, "Yeah. In fact this morning, when I looked in that mirror I said, 'Girl, some days you look good but today you're looking really good.' "

I encourage you to be bold in the same way. Encourage yourself. Don't speak defeat over your life. Be bold and dare to say, "I look great today. I'm made in the image of Almighty God. I am strong and talented. I'm blessed. I am creative. I will have a productive day."

Encourage yourself. Don't speak defeat over your life.
  • Learn Contentment

Today’s Scripture
    “...I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound...” (Philippians 4:11–12, NKJV)

It’s good to have dreams and goals. We should be stretching our faith. But while we’re waiting for promises to come to pass, we shouldn’t be discontent where we are. When we’re unhappy, frustrated, and wondering if something is ever going to change, we’re dishonoring God. We’re so focused on what we want that we’re taking for granted and not being thankful for what God has given us.

The apostle Paul said he had to learn to be content. It doesn’t happen automatically. It’s a choice we have to make. Being content doesn’t mean that we don’t want change, that we give up on our dreams, or that we settle where we are. It means we don’t live our life always wanting something else. We see the gift in what we have right now, and we’re trusting God’s timing. We know He is working behind the scenes, and at the right time, He will get us to where we’re supposed to be.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that no matter what my circumstances are, I don’t have to live stressed and frustrated and discontent. Thank You that You are teaching me to be content with where I am and with what I have. I am trusting Your timing with my wants. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE that God is bringing about new seasons of growth. I will not get stagnant and hold on to the old. I will be open to change knowing that God has something better in front of me. New doors of opportunity, new relationships, and new levels of favor are in my future. This is my declaration.

Sometimes the very things that we fight against, the very things that we think are trying to pull us down, are actually the hand of God trying to push us into a new season. God will stir us out of comfortable situations and He'll put us in situations that make us stretch--situations that force us to use our faith. We may not like it. It may be uncomfortable. But God loves you too much to just leave you alone.

Just as God can supernaturally open doors, sometimes He may supernaturally close doors. Nothing happens by accident. God is directing each of your steps. That means if a friend does you wrong, if you go through a setback, if you lose a loved one, you can either embrace that change and God will use it to take you higher, or you can resist it and you'll end up becoming stagnant and settling for mediocrity.

Stay open for change. Don't approach change from a negative point of view. All change is not bad. It may be negative on the surface but remember, God would not allow it if He didn't have a purpose for it. He will use it to stretch you and to hopefully push you into a new dimension. You may be in a perfectly fine situation for years, but all of a sudden you will see a stirring taking place.

Maybe you thought you'd be in your job for another twenty years, but for some reason the people who were behind you are not behind you anymore. You don't have the favor you once had there. It seems like every day is an uphill battle. What is that? That's God stirring things up.

It's easy to become negative or bitter: "God, why is this happening? I thought I had Your favor." But a much better approach is to just stay open and know that God is still in control. If you will embrace that change, the winds that you thought would defeat you will actually push you to your divine destiny.

Maybe you are in a relationship, and deep down you know the person is not good for you. You know this individual is keeping you from being your best. But you may think, if I make a change I will be alone. You don't want to rock the boat. That's why sometimes God will turn the boat over. God may force you to move forward, not because He's mean, not because He's trying to make your life miserable, but because He has such a great desire to see you reach your full potential.

So at times He may cause a friend to walk away. He'll stir things up and may even allow a friend to do you wrong, because He knows if He doesn't close that door you will never move ahead. Thirty years later that person would still be dragging you down, keeping you from your destiny. God would not have stirred it up if He didn't have something better in store. Don't fight change; embrace it, and you will step into the fullness of what God has in store.

Don't approach change from a negative point of view.
  • Treasure Up These Things

Today’s Scripture
    “...But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart...”(Luke 2:19, NIV)

Mary was engaged to the man of her dreams when the angel appeared and said she was going to have a baby, the Messiah, without knowing a man.

We focus on how amazing that supernatural birth was and forget that she had to explain that to her fiancé, Joseph, who would in all likelihood call off the wedding. She had to accept the fact that for her whole life she would have to put up with shameful rumors and negative comments about who the father was. She could have easily been defensive, cynical, and bitter.

But today’s Scripture says she took in all that God had said and “pondered it in her heart.” She thought about it over and over. What she kept close to her heart was what God promised her.

When worries come, people are spreading rumors about you, or a loss happens, keep what God has promised and said about you close to your heart. You will rise above the negative.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can shut the door on the negative that comes against me and keep what You have promised and said about me close to my heart. Thank You that none of these things need move me. I believe that I will rise about the negatives. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE that I will live as a healer. I am sensitive to the needs of those around me. I will lift the fallen, restore the broken, and encourage the discouraged. I am full of compassion and kindness. I won't just look for a miracle; I will become someone's miracle by showing God's love and mercy everywhere I go. This is my declaration.

You're never more like God than when you help hurting people. One of our assignments in life is to help wipe away the tears. Are you sensitive to the needs of those around you? Your friends? Your neighbors? Your coworkers?

Many times behind the pretty smile, behind the Sunday praise, there is a person who's hurting. She's alone. His life is in turmoil. When someone is struggling, reach out. Be a healer. Be a restorer. Take time to wipe away the tears.

Your job is not to judge. Your job is not to figure out if someone deserves something, or to decide who is right or who is wrong. Your job is to lift the fallen, to restore the broken, and to heal the hurting.

Too often we become focused on our own goals, our own dreams, and how we can get our miracle. But I've learned something that is more important: I can become someone's miracle.

There is healing in your hands. There's healing in your voice. You are a container filled with God. Right now you are full of encouragement, full of mercy, full of restoration, full of healing. Everywhere you go you should dispense the goodness of God.

If you get around me you'd better get ready. You will be encouraged. You may have made mistakes but I will tell you: God's mercy is bigger than any mistake you've made. You may have wasted years of your life making poor choices, but I will tell you God still has a way to carry you to your final destination.

You may have had an addiction since you were a teenager. But I will let you know that the power of the Most High God can break any addiction and set you free. That's what it means to dispense good. You lift the fallen. You encourage the discouraged. You take time to wipe away the tears.

Jesus told the story of the Good Samaritan who was riding his donkey and he saw a man on the side of the road beaten and left for dead. He put him on his donkey and took him to a place where he could recover. I love the fact that the Good Samaritan walked so the injured man could ride. Sometimes you may have to trade places with someone who is hurting. You must be willing to be inconvenienced.

You may have to miss dinner in order to wipe away a tear. You may have to skip working out one night in order to encourage a struggling couple. You may have to drive across town and pick up a coworker who is addicted and take him to church with you on Sunday. If you want to live as a healer, you must be willing to change places with those who are hurting.

I can become someone's miracle.
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,

I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.

Amen!

~Lynn Robinson
  • Thanks and Praise

I thank You for the temporal blessings of this world — the refreshing air, the light of the sun, the food that renews strength, the raiment that clothes, the dwelling that shelters, the sleep that gives rest, the starry canopy of night, the summer breeze, the flowers’ sweetness, the music of flowing streams, the happy endearments of family, kindred, and friends. Things animate, things inanimate, minister to my comfort. My cup runs over.

Do not allow me to be insensible to these daily mercies. Your hand bestows blessings; Your power averts evil. I bring my tribute of thanks for spiritual graces, the full warmth of faith, the cheering presence of our Spirit, the strength of Your restraining will, Your spiking of hell’s artillery. Blessed be my sovereign Lord!

Amen.

~ from a Puritan book of prayers, @ 1700.
  • An Expected End

Today’s Scripture
    “...For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end...” (Jeremiah 29:11, KJV)

The Scripture says that God declares “the end from the beginning.” When God planned out your life, He started with where He wants you to end up, and then He worked backward. His plans for you are “to give you an expected end.”

The good news is that you don’t end in defeat, in failure, in disappointment, or in heartache. You end in victory, fulfilling your destiny. You can live in peace, knowing that in the end, all things are going to work to your advantage.

But there will be difficult seasons in your life when it looks as though things didn’t work out. You may be in a difficult season right now, and it may look as though your dream has died. You have to remind yourself that’s not how your story ends. The Most High God has already planned it for an expected end. If you’ll keep moving forward, He’ll weave it all together. He’s already established the end.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that in the midst of a very insecure world that I can rest in the security of knowing that my end has been set, knowing that You always cause me to triumph. I believe that You are working all things to my advantage. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I am a people builder. I will look for opportunities to encourage others to bring out the best in them and to help them accomplish their dreams. I will speak words of faith and victory, affirming them, approving them, letting them know they are valued. I will call out their seeds of greatness, helping them to rise higher and become all that God created them to be. This is my declaration.

Do you know how many people have never been told: "You are a winner"? There are most likely people in your life right now--people you work with, people you play ball with, maybe even your own family members--who are starving for your approval. They are craving for you to speak the blessing over their life.

You don't know what it will mean when you affirm them, when you give them your approval, and let them know in no uncertain terms that you are proud of them and you think they will do great things. Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone needs to be appreciated. Every person needs that blessing.

Let me ask you today, what kind of seeds are you planting in your child, in your spouse, in that friend, in that nephew? Are you believing in anyone? Are you taking an interest to see how you can make someone's life better? Listen to their dreams. Find out what God has put in their hearts. Let them know you're behind them. Give them your approval.

If you talk with any successful people they'll tell you somebody believed in them. Somebody planted a seed and encouraged them when they were down. Somebody helped them get a good break. Somebody spoke faith when they didn't think they could do it.

Thomas Edison encouraged Henry Ford. Mr. Ford was introduced to him as "the man trying to build a car that runs on gasoline." When Edison heard it, his face brightened up. He hit his fist on the table and said, "You've got it. A car that has its own power plant; that's a brilliant idea."

Up to that point no one had encouraged Mr. Ford. No one thought it was a good idea. He had just about convinced himself to give up, but along came Edison and spoke faith into him. That was a turning point in Henry Ford's life. He said, "I thought I had a good idea but I started to doubt myself. Then came along one of the greatest minds that's ever lived and gave me his complete approval."

That's what can happen with a simple vote of confidence. We don't realize the power we hold. We don't always realize what it means when we tell somebody, "I believe in you. You've got what it takes. I'm behind you one hundred percent." And really, every one of us should be someone else's number one fan. We should be encouraging them, lifting them when they've fallen, celebrating when they succeed, praying when they're struggling, urging them forward. That's what it means to be a people builder.

Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone needs to be appreciated. Every person needs that blessing.
  • Prayer to Dedicate Myself to Christ This Day

Almighty God, as I cross the threshold of this day, I commit myself Your care. Mold me in your image. In everything I say and do, let my mind be on the eternal goodness of heaven rather than the vanities of earth, meaningless pride, or the anger and envy that tear apart my precious soul.

I dedicate myself to your holiness, Oh sweet and innocent Christ, and pray that you may be with me, to check my tongue before it can speak evil and to stop my hand when it seeks to sin. I come to you as a child. I will look to you for guidance and wisdom.

Let me know the joyful feeling of having done something that pleased you; let me never feel the pain of knowing I have disappointed you. And let me live without fear, without confusion, always steady in the certainty of your forgiveness and ultimate victory, I pray,

Amen.
  • Be Happy with Who You Are

Today’s Scripture
    “...I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway...” (Romans 7:19, NLT)

Many people don’t really like who they are. They focus on their faults, their weaknesses. They’re constantly critical toward themselves. That recording of all the things wrong with them keeps playing in their mind, “You’re impatient. You blew your diet. You should be ashamed of yourself.” They wonder why they’re not happy, not realizing they have an inner war going on. It’s very freeing when you can be happy with who you are even though you have some areas in which you still need to improve.

Think about what the apostle Paul said in today’s Scripture. Even he still struggled in some areas. If he would have been down on himself, he would have never written almost half the books of the New Testament and become one of the heroes of faith. You don’t have to have it all together to do something great. If you’re waiting till you overcome every weakness and perform perfectly, you’ll be waiting your whole life.d.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that though there are areas of my life that need to improve, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I know You are changing me little by little. I believe that what You started in my life, You are going to finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • I DECLARE I will live victoriously. I was created in the image of God. I have the DNA of a winner. I am wearing a crown of favor. Royal blood flows through my veins. I am the head, never the tail, above never beneath. I will live with purpose, passion, and praise, knowing that I was destined to live in victory. This is my declaration.

It says in Romans 5:17, "We are to reign in life as kings." When God looks at us He doesn't see us defeated, barely getting by, or just taking the leftover positions. Not at all. God sees you as a king. He sees you as a queen. You have His royal blood flowing through your veins. You and I are supposed to reign in life.

Do you know what that word reign means? It means, "time in power." God said we're to reign how long? In life. That means as long as you're alive that is your time in power. You don't have a two-year term like a mayor, a four-year term like a president. Your term is to reign every single day, to be victorious, to rise to new levels, to accomplish great things. And on those days where you don't feel like a king, or you don't feel like a queen, just remember to reach down and check your pulse, and as long as you feel something beating you can say, "What do you know? It's still my time to reign."

Let that be a reminder to put on a new attitude. And sometimes you have to do this by faith. You may not feel victorious. It may not look like you're blessed. But I like that saying, "You've got to fake it until you make it." By faith you need to walk like a king, talk like a king, think like a king, dress like a king, smile like a king. Don't go by what you see. Go by what you know. There is royalty in your DNA. You have the blood of a winner. You were created to reign in life.

Too many people are living below their privileges. It's because their vision has been clouded by past mistakes, disappointments, or how they were raised. They don't feel like royalty. They don't think they could be successful and really accomplish what God has put in their hearts. But I believe today, as I'm speaking faith into you, something is happening on the inside. New seeds are taking root; strongholds that may have kept you back for years, even right now, are being broken. You need to rise up and say, "That's it. I'm not settling where I am. I know it's still my time of power. Yes, I may have taken a break for a little while but I've got an announcement. I'm coming back. I will start stepping up to who God created me to be."

Don't go by what you see. Go by what you know.
  • Prayer to Bear Witness Before the World

Let all who take refuge in you rejoice, O Lord. Let us ever sing for joy. Let those who confess your name raise up their voice, filling the air with glorious noise. Spread your protection over us, mighty God, that we who love your name may exalt you before all the people of the earth.

Let the quiet and the shy find their courage so that they may sing and shout to the sky, “There is one great God who rules over us all, and Jesus Christ of Nazareth is His only Son”.

May I be blessed to help the blind see your glory and the deaf hear your praise, lest they surely die. For they must be told: Every heart will find righteousness and eternal life in the holy name of Christ, and nowhere else. Make me your trumpet, make me your lighthouse; let me proclaim to the very end of the earth, that Christ is King!

Amen.
  • Guard Your Blessing

Today’s Scripture
    “...Your brother was here and tricked me and has carried away your blessing...” (Genesis 27:35, TLB)

Esau was the firstborn son of Jacob and knew he would receive his father’s highest blessing, which included inheritance as well as being the leader of the family clan. But his twin brother, Isaac, deceived their father into giving him the valuable blessing. Esau took the blessing for granted until it was carried away by his brother.

Sometimes we let other people carry away our blessing. We let what they say about us—their disapproval and discouraging words—keep us from who we were meant to be.

You have to put your foot down and say, “I’m not going to let people talk me out of my dreams or let a coworker make me feel inferior as though I’m not good enough. I’m not going to let a coach, a teacher, or a counselor talk me into living an average, mediocre, get-by life.”

You have seeds of greatness. You are destined to leave your mark on this generation. Don’t let anyone carry away your blessing.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the blessing, the gifts, and the talents that You have given me. Thank You for calling me to stir up my gifts, to develop them, and use them well for Your glory. I will guard what You’ve given me and walk in Your blessing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • For Courage to Speak the Truth

Holy God, whenever I am in fear that someone will be angry with me for telling the truth, let me remember that Christ did not come bearing a sword to kill his enemies, but a cross upon which his enemies would kill him. Be with me, Holy Spirit, when I am afraid to speak up against falsehood, knowing that people will be angry with me, for to follow Christ means to carry the cross.

If I know that the powerful might hurt me, I also remember that the wounds of Christ were momentary. The power of this world will fade, but your truth will remain forever and will reward me for such good and truth as I can accomplish in my life, no matter what hostility it encounters from the evil of men.

I pray you will imbue confidence in the depth of my heart, dear God, utter certainty that wounds suffered in your name will be healed forever, and rewarded in this life by the knowledge of your approval, and in the life to come by the peace of heaven. In Christ’s name, I pray,

Amen.