Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Emmanuel, God with Us

Today’s Scripture
    “Behold, the virgin shall become pregnant and give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel—which, when translated, means, God with us.” (Matthew 1:23, AMPC)

In the Bible, Jesus has many names that identify His character and tells us about who He is. One of those names is Emmanuel, which means “God with us.”

Before Jesus came, the Spirit of God resided in the temple of God, and the people had to go through many rituals to be considered clean enough to go near Him.

Now, because of Jesus, our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. When we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, He cleanses us and actually makes His home in our hearts. Jesus was the final sacrifice to purify us once and for all so that His Spirit could dwell inside of us. Now, He is always with us!

Know today that God is as close as the air you breathe! He is always with us which means His peace is always with us. His joy is always with us. His power is always with us, and His victory is always with us! The next time the enemy tries to tell you that you are alone, declare out loud that you serve Emmanuel—the God who is always with you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for choosing to make Your home in me. Thank You for filling me with Your peace and joy. I bless You today, knowing that You will never leave me nor forsake me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Failure is Not Final

Today’s Scripture
    "But I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead." (Phillipians 3:13, NLT)

Are you down on yourself today because of past mistakes you’ve made or because you’re not where you want to be in life? God knows every poor choice, every difficulty, every wrong turn you may have made, and He’s already planned your comeback! In scripture, Jonah took a detour, so to speak. It took him a little bit longer, but because he called out to God, because he believed, God not only rescued him, but God got him to his final destination.

Friend, know today that failure is not final. God always has the final say. Mistakes don’t have to keep you from your destiny. God’s plan can override every setback. Your world may be in turmoil today in a relationship, in your finances or health. But know this: not only will God rescue you; He will set your feet on a rock and lead you to your final destination in life. Remember, the promise He placed on the inside of you didn’t go away because you had some personal failures. No, that failure is only temporary but His Word remains forever! Keep hoping, keep believing because He will move you into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for Your hand of victory and blessing that is on my life. Today, I shake off the past, I shake off failure, I shake off poor choices and trust that You are restoring me and leading me into the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!"
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,
    I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.

Amen

~Lynn Robinson
  • A Christmas Prayer

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make us a people of this light. Make us faithful to your Word, that we may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.
  • Free for All

Today’s Scripture
    “...God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.” (Acts 10:34–35, NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! God’s freedom is free for everyone! It doesn’t matter what your nationality or heritage is, or who your family is. It doesn’t matter how much money you have or don’t have. God wants you free from everything that would hold you back from your relationship with Him!

God wants to pour out His abundant blessing on all who honor Him and do what is right. In fact, the Bible says in Galatians that in Christ, there is no Jew or Greek or even male or female. That means God’s not judging you based on physical conditions. He’s looking at your heart. He’s looking at the gifts He’s placed inside of you. Don’t let the enemy lie to you and tell you that God is blessing everyone else but you. Look for the ways He is pouring out blessing in your life. Thank Him for His acceptance, love and freedom. Focus on honoring Him and doing what is right, and you’ll see His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for loving and accepting me today. I choose to do what is right and honor You with my attitude, words, and actions. Holy Spirit, show me if there is any area that isn’t pleasing to You and help me live as an example of Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Luke 2:25-35

"Simeon Sees God’s Salvation"

Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. And when the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for Him what the custom of the Law required, Simeon took Him in his arms and praised God, saying:

“Lord, now let Thou thy servant depart in peace,
    According to Thy word;
    For my eyes have seen Thy salvation
    Which Thou hast prepared before the face of all peoples,
    A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles,
    And the glory of Thy people Israel.”
    And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him.

Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising again of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

A Christmas Prayer

Eternal God, this joyful day is radiant with the brilliance of your one true light. May that light illuminate my heart and shine in my words and deeds. May the hope, the peace, the joy, and the love represented by the birth in Bethlehem fill my life and become part of all that I say and do. May I share the divine life of your son Jesus Christ, even as he humbled himself to share my humanity. Bless me and the feast that You have provided for me; let me be thankful for the true gift of Christmas, your Son.

Amen.
  • Get Ready for the "New"

Today’s Scripture
    "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins and it will be spilled, and the skins will be destroyed." (Luke 5:37, ESV)

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? In order to move forward into the blessings God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. It’s time to get ready for the “new”!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you don’t understand. But let me tell you, you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why don’t you let go and take a step of faith into the new? It’s time to get a new, bigger vision; it’s time to get a new, fresher outlook; it’s time to rise up with a new attitude!
    Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, “I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me—a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Humility

Heavenly Father, who sent your Son to ride on an ass and to work as a simple carpenter: if you so humbled yourself to save me, how can I puff myself up with pride above others? Let me follow Christ's example, never to inflate myself with pride of status, of opinion, or of any of the gifts you have bestowed upon me.

Give me the grace to realize my ignorance, admit my mistakes, recognize my needs. Let me welcome good advice and sound rebuke, without defensiveness. Grant me always to praise rather than criticize, sympathize rather than discourage, build rather than destroy, and when I am angry at the ignorance of another, to recall my own ignorance and remember that we are all your beloved children. Let my hope and glory be ever in you, and not in my own vanity. This I ask in Christ's sake,

Amen.
  • He Collects Your Tears

Today’s Scripture
    "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." (Psalm 56:8, NLT)

Do you know how important you are to God? He cares so much about every detail of your life. He cares about your thoughts, feelings and emotions. In fact, what you are going through is so important to Him that He records every sorrow and collects the tears you’ve shed.

Why would God record your sorrows and collect your tears? Because everything that affects you matters to Him. He is your Vindicator. He’s keeping an account of every wrong that’s ever been done to you so that He can make up for every single one of them. He wants to restore to you everything that has ever been stolen. He wants to heal every hurt and pain.

Today, know that God cares about the things that concern you. He cares about the things that hurt you. He is close to the brokenhearted, and He wants to bring you peace and comfort. Turn to Him and receive His love. Let Him bring healing to your heart and restoration to your soul.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me and caring about the things that concern me. I choose to give You every hurt, pain and sorrow, knowing that You will make all things new in Your time in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Matthew 2:13-18 -

The Flight into Egypt and Slaughter of the Innocents

"When they [the Magi] had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.”

When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, “Out of Egypt I called My Son.”

Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry; and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men. Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying:

'A voice was heard in Ramah,
    Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning,
    Rachel weeping for her children,
    Refusing to be comforted,
    Because they are no more.'”

A Prayer to Follow the Star

Lord, may I be like the Wise Men who were guided to you by the Star of Bethlehem. Give me the wisdom to seek you, a light to guide me to you, the courage and persistence to search until I find you, the graciousness to worship you and the generosity to lay my gift before you, who is my King and my God for ever and ever.

Amen.
  • He Lifts You Up

Today’s Scripture
    "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair…He set my feet on solid ground…He has given me a new song to sing…" (Psalm 40:1-3, NLT)

Have you ever felt as though you were in a pit of despair? Just as God lifted David out, God is going to lift you out.

That depression is not the end. That sickness is not the end, and that addiction is not the final chapter. Where you are right now is not where you’re going to stay. There are brighter days ahead for you that are filled with favor, promotion and increase. \

Notice that God gives us a new song, but we have to do our part to sing that song. That means you don’t go around talking about your problems, how bad things are, or how you’re never going to make it. No, you have a song of victory! If somebody asks you how you’re doing, your attitude should be, "I refuse to dwell on the negative things that have happened to me. I’m moving forward in strength and power."

Remember, praise precedes the victory, and the Scripture tells us that God inhabits our praises. As you magnify and lift Him up, He will lift you up out of your despair. He’ll set your feet on solid ground, and you’ll move forward in joy and victory in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for lifting me up to higher places. Thank You for putting a new song in my heart. I choose to sing and be grateful today for the life of blessing You have in store for me in Jesus' name! Amen!"
  • Matthew 2:19-23

Now when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the young Child’s life are dead.” Then he arose, took the young Child and His mother, and came into the land of Israel.

But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea instead of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. And being warned by God in a dream, he turned aside into the region of Galilee.

And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, “He shall be called a Nazarene.”

A Prayer of Humility at Christmas

Jesus, the Light of the World, as I celebrate your birth may I begin to see the world in the light of the understanding you give me. As you chose the lowly, the outcast, and the poor to receive the greatest news the world had ever known, so may I worship you in meekness of heart. May I always remember my brothers and sisters less fortunate than myself in this season of giving.

Amen.
  • Prayer Makes the Difference

Today’s Scripture
    “Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church....” (Acts 12:5, NKJV)

King Herod hated believers so much that he had the apostle James killed, then he had Peter put in prison. With chains on both wrists, Peter was guarded by four squads of soldiers to make sure he didn’t escape.

Today’s Scripture says the church was in prayer constantly for Peter, asking God to somehow bring him out. While they were praying in the middle of the night, an angel showed up in the prison and woke Peter up. He was sleeping, not praying, but he had friends who were praying. The chains fell off Peter’s wrists, and they walked past two guard posts and the prison’s iron gate opened on its own accord. Peter’s life was spared.

Are you praying for others? All of your family members, friends, and relatives should be like Peters. Cover them in prayer. When you pray, Red Seas part, hungry lions can’t open their mouths, cancer is overcome, blessings rain down. Your prayer can bring an angel.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that when I pray, something powerful happens, supernatural things take place. Help me to develop a habit of praying for others and be patient and stay faithful when I don’t see anything happening. I believe that my prayers make a difference. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
  • What God Calls You

Today’s Scripture
    "Scripture and Reference: And the angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, "The Lord is with you, O mighty man of valor." (Judges 6:12, ESV)

In Scripture, God called Gideon a mighty man of fearless courage.

Gideon looked around and said, "God couldn't be talking about me. I come from the poorest family, and I'm the least one in my father's house." Gideon saw himself as weak, defeated and not able.

But God saw him as strong, confident and more than a conqueror. You may feel weak today, but God calls you strong. You may feel like a victim, but God calls you a victor. You may be afraid, but God calls you confident. You may be in debt, God calls you prosperous. You may be sick, God calls you well. You may be addicted, God calls you free.

Today, get into agreement with God. No matter what the circumstances look like, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, "God, I agree with what You call me. I’m free, forgiven and healed in Jesus’ name!”

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for loving me and calling me Your own. I choose to receive Your Word which is life, health and strength to me. Fill me with Your peace and wisdom. I set my thoughts on You.” In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • Seeing the Dream Come to Pass

Today’s Scripture
    "Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses." (1 Timothy 6:12, NIV)

One of the keys to your dreams coming to pass is to see them coming to pass in your mind’s eye first!

One of the greatest baseball players of our time told about how that all through the day he envisions himself hitting the ball. Before he gets up to the plate, he visualizes getting on base. He has a picture in his mind of himself succeeding. It’s gotten deep down on the inside of him and now he’s moving toward it.

Of course, it takes more than just visualization to see our dreams come to pass. It takes obedience; it takes prayer, and it has to be a part of God’s plan for our lives. But if you’ll keep the right pictures in your imagination, seeing yourself rising higher, seeing yourself healthy and whole, that vision is going to get deep down on the inside and set the course for your life!

When your mind is in agreement with God’s Word, it will help guide you toward your destiny!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I submit my dreams, desires and thoughts to You. Use my imagination for Your purposes. Help me to envision the dreams You’ve placed within me coming to pass. Let me bring You glory in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • John 3:1-8

There was a man named Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader who was a Pharisee. After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus. “Rabbi,” he said, “we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.”

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

“What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?”

Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’”

“The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”

Prayer for the New Year

Dear Master for this coming year
    Just one request I bring:
    I do not pray for happiness,
    Or any earthly thing —
    I do not ask to understand
    The way Thou leadest me,
    But this I ask: Teach me to do
    The thing that pleaseth Thee.
    I want to know Thy guiding voice,
    To walk with Thee each day.
    Dear Master make me swift to hear
    And ready to obey.
    And thus the year I now begin
    A happy year will be —
    If I am seeking just to do
    The thing that pleaseth Thee.

Amen.
  • Prayer of Determination for the Coming Year

Oh heavenly Father, who has created me, and preserved my life, and promised the joy of eternal life to all who come to Him through his only Son, Jesus Christ: I vow and determine to grow in my faith during the coming year, learning your holy Word, coming to you in prayer every day, and resolving to walk in all those good works which you have commanded us to walk in.

Bless me in my endeavors, dear God; if it may please you, send your Holy Spirit to always remind and correct me when I stray from your path; and renew in me, today and every day, a sense of prayer without ceasing. Let me honor you with my time, my love, my bounty, my words and deeds, as I lay up my treasure in heaven. In Christ's name, I pray,

Amen.
  • He is Your Chain Breaker

Today’s Scripture
    “Should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?....” (Luke 13:16, NIV)

Jesus saw a lady in the synagogue who had been crippled for eighteen years. She was bent over and unable to stand up. It’s interesting that He described the infirmity as a chain, that she was bound by it. He touched her and instantly she was healed.

We all have forces that are trying to hold us back, chains that restrict us. Chains of guilt—beating yourself up for past mistakes. Chains of depression—a dark cloud follows you around. Chains of low self-esteem—you never feel good about yourself.

But you were not created to be bound, whether it’s by loneliness, by shame, or by negative words spoken over you. The good news is our God is a chain breaker, and He is saying, “This is your time to be free. It is not your destiny to go through life with something limiting you.” If you let this take root, every chain that’s holding you back is being broken.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can know You as my savior, as my provider, as my healer, and as my chain breaker. Thank You that my chains are gone, and I’ve been set free. I believe that every force that has been holding me back has been broken. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,
    I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.

Amen

Lynn Robinson
  • Prayer For Those Who Suffer

God of time and of eternity, in your hands you hold the souls of the righteous, and in your heart there is room for all people; shine forth upon all who are tried in the furnace of suffering and illness, and especially on those for whom I pray today; in your grace and mercy may we know that you watch over us; bring us at the last to abide with you in love; I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.
  • Live by a Higher Standard

Today’s Scripture
    “You have been set apart as holy to the LORD your God, and he has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be his own special treasure....” (Deuteronomy 14:2, NLT)

There’s a constant pressure trying to squeeze you into being common, into doing what everyone else is doing today. Don’t let that thinking rub off on you. Today’s Scripture is saying you’re not common. You’re not like everyone else. You’ve not only been chosen by the Most High God, but He set you apart. He made you uncommon.

It takes courage to be different. It takes courage to not compromise. People will try to make you feel weak because you don’t go with the majority, you don’t party with everyone, you don’t gossip, you don’t play politics.

The truth is, you’re not weak; you’re strong. You are uncommon. People around you may be giving in to temptation, doing things you know are not the best. That’s the enemy trying to deceive you into being common. He knows that if you’re like everyone else, it will keep you from becoming all you were created to be. Don’t fall into that trap. Be uncommon.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You not only chose me, but You set me apart to be Your special treasure. I’m not going to be pressured into compromising, and I’m not going to live like everyone else. I’m going to live by a higher standard, and I believe I will see uncommon favor. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for Protection

Blessed are thy Saints, O God and King, who have traveled over the tempestuous sea of this mortal life, and have made the harbour of peace and felicity. Watch over us who are still in our dangerous voyage; and remember such as lie exposed to the rough storms of trouble and temptations. Frail is our vessel, and the ocean is wide; but as in thy mercy thou hast set our course, so steer the vessel of our life toward the everlasting shore of peace, and bring us at length to the quiet haven of our heart's desire, where thou, O our God, are blessed, and livest and reignest for ever and ever.

Amen!!!
  • Luke 2:41-52 - My Father’s Business

His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him.

Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”

And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Benediction

God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, and Spirit of God amidst us, direct our way unto you. Make us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Amen.
  • John 3:16-21 - God’s Love for Humanity

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.

Benediction

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come.

Amen.
  • <click here for link>

Prayer For Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life.

Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us.

Amen.
  • Second Chances

Today’s Scripture
    “Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.” (Jonah 3:1–2, NIV)

After Jonah’s first refusal to go and preach to the city of Nineveh, God in His mercy used a great fish to rescue Jonah from certain death. The story could have ended there, but God doesn’t want to just rescue you from your mess, He wants to give you another chance to get to where you’re supposed to be. That mistake doesn’t disqualify you. God is always going to give you another chance and another to fulfill His best plan for your life.

The second time God told Jonah to go to the city of Nineveh, he obeyed and saw God do amazing things. The point is, Jonah’s mistake did not stop his destiny. It’s not too late to become everything you were created to be. If you’ll start right where you are, honoring God, being your best, serving others, the right doors will open, the right people will show up. The good news is, you’re covered by mercy.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that when I make a mistake and cause a mess, You don’t say, ‘Too bad, you had your chance, you’re on your own.’ Thank You for Your mercy that covers me and gives me second chances. I believe You will get me to where I’m supposed to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • More Than You Can Imagine

Today’s Scripture
    “And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.” (Genesis 17:16, NKJV)

Sarah and her husband, Abraham, were very old. Sarah had been barren her whole life and not able to have children, but God spoke today’s Scripture to Abraham. When Sarah heard this, it was so unbelievable that she laughed. She was out in the desert, there were no fertility treatments or medical procedures, and she was ninety years old. Every circumstance said it was impossible, and yet it happened. God was saying, “Sarah, what I put in you is more than you can imagine.”

God is saying the same thing to you: “What I put in you is still going to come to pass. There is greatness in you. It’s much bigger than what you think.” Don’t let circumstances talk you out of your dreams and potential. You may not see how it can work out. God has ways to do it that you’ve never thought of. One touch of God’s favor will catapult you to the next level.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the dreams, the promises, the potential, the seeds of greatness that You put inside me. Thank You for the divine connections, the explosive blessings, and the supernatural opportunities You have in my future. I believe I will give birth to my dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • John 7:37-43 - Division of People over Jesus

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Some of the people therefore, when they heard these words, were saying, “This certainly is the Prophet.” Others were saying, “This is the Christ.”

Still others were saying, “Surely the Christ is not going to come from Galilee, is He? Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the descendants of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was?”

So a division occurred in the crowd because of Him.

Epiphany Prayer

O God, who by a star guided the wise men to the worship of your Son: I pray you to lead to yourself the wise and great of every land; that unto you every knee may bow, and every thought be brought into the captivity of your boundless love and forgiveness. Through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.
  • Guard Your Heart

Today’s Scripture
    “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it...” (Proverbs 4:23, NIV)

One of our most important responsibilities is to keep our hearts pure. It’s easy to let what’s on the outside get on the inside. It takes discipline to say, “I’m not going to dwell on that offense. I’m not going to feel sorry for myself because something didn’t work out.”

Maybe you need to forgive somebody, or maybe you’re still sour about a dream that didn’t work out, or maybe you’re still beating yourself up over a mistake you made. You only have so much emotional energy each day. It’s not an unlimited supply. Do you know how much energy it takes to hold a grudge, to go around offended? That’s wasting valuable energy that you need for your dreams, for your children, and for your destiny.

Life is too short for you to live offended, unforgiving, and bitter over what didn’t work out. Quit letting what’s on the outside get on the inside; start guarding your heart.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can guard my heart and keep it pure from all the negative things that try to enter in. I declare that I will not allow offenses to get inside. I want Your stream of grace to flow unhindered in and through my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Exodus 9:13-14 - The Seventh Plague: Hail

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning, confront Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me, or this time I will send the full force of my plagues against you and against your officials and your people, so you may know that there is no one like me in all the earth.

Prayer To Walk in God’s Sight

Heavenly Father, in you we live and move and have our being: I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the cares and occupations of my life I may not forget you, but may remember that I am ever walking in your sight; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.