Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Be a Person of Integrity

Today’s Scripture
    “I will walk with integrity of heart within my house...” (Proverbs 4:23, NIV)

Solomon said, “A good name is worth more than great riches.” Your reputation is one of the most valuable things you have, and it is built on the foundation of your personal integrity. A person of integrity does the right thing when no one is watching. You can have talent, determination, and vision, but without integrity, you won’t reach your full potential.

Where does it start? In today’s Scripture, David was saying, “Starting in my private life, when I could compromise, give in to temptation, cheat people, instead I’m going to do the right thing. I’m going be a person of excellence and show God that He can trust me.” He went on to say, “I will not look at anything impure. I won’t watch things that are going to poison me. I will not have anything to do with crooked dealings, things that are shady, not ethical.”

Your name is too important to let it become tarnished by not having integrity.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that down at the foundation of my life I can be a person of integrity, someone who’s true to You no matter what. Thank You that as I honor You, You are a shield of protection to me. I will not let small things keep me from Your big blessings. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer at Daybreak (by Archimandrite Sophronios)

O Lord Eternal and Creator of all things, who with your unknowable goodness called me to this life; I have no life, no light, no joy or wisdom, no strength except in you, O God. I entreat you, teach me to pray aright. Purify me from all taint of flesh and spirit. Bless this day which you give to me, your unworthy servant.

By the power of your blessing enable me, throughout this day, to speak and act to your glory with a pure spirit, with humility, patience, love, gentleness, peace, courage and wisdom. Let me be always aware of your presence. By the power of your love, grant me to hold fast to that which is good. Preserve me from every word or deed that corrupts the soul; from every impulse unpleasing in your sight and hurtful to my fellow man, my brothers and sisters.
    This in Christ’s name, I pray,

Amen.
  • He Gives You His World

Today’s Scripture
    “Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion...” (Isaiah 30:18, NIV)

Do you ever think about the way your heavenly Father feels about you? He’s been thinking about you a long time. Jesus says, “It is the Father’s good pleasure to the give you the kingdom.” He doesn’t say, “Okay, you’re here, and I have to take care of you, but you’re a pain.” No, you’re not a burden to God.

You’re not inconveniencing Him. You’re the apple of His eye. He’s saying to you, “I can’t wait to give you My world.” His world is big, abundant, full of favor, joy, peace, and opportunity. He’s going to take you places you never dreamed, open doors bigger than you’ve imagined, and bring talent out of you that you didn’t known you had. He loves showing you favor, doing things that amaze you, making you stand out. He takes pleasure in giving you His world.

Stir your faith up, believe big, pray bold prayers, and dream God-sized dreams that honor Him. Keep Him first place.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your heart of compassion that longs to be gracious to me. Thank You that it is Your pleasure to give me the kingdom, to give me Your world. I am taking the limits off You and expecting to be surprised by Your goodness and love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • For the Holy Spirit

Send, we beseech you, Almighty God, your Holy Spirit into our hearts, that he may direct and rule us according to your will, comfort us in all our afflictions, defend us from all error, and lead us into all truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, world without end.

Amen.
  • Counted by the Creator

Today’s Scripture
    “Isn’t it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these “nobodies” to expose the hollow pretensions of the “somebodies”?...” (1 Corinthians 1:27, MSG)

In Luke 9, when Jesus fed the five thousand, they only counted the men. They didn’t count the children or the women, who were regarded as second class, less than back then. Yet it was a small boy, the least likely among the crowd, who brought the lunch that fed the crowd. God uses people that other people don’t count.

Could it be that you’re not reaching your highest potential because you feel like you’re not counted, you’re lacking in some area, now you’re not expecting anything good, not pursuing your dreams? No, you need to have a new perspective. You’re a prime candidate for God to show out in your life. You may feel weak, but God wants to show Himself strong. You may feel like the least likely, but God wants to do something so amazing in your life that it will astound the people around you. You’ve been counted; you’ve been qualified. What God spoke over your life will come to pass.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that even if others discount me, You count me, and You are the only One who really matters. Thank You that You have qualified me to do what You have destined me to do. I believe that You will take what I have and multiply it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Matthew 5:43-48 - The Hardest Obligation of a Christian

"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?"

Prayer: “The Soul of Christ”

Soul of Christ, be my sanctification,
    Body of Christ, be my salvation,
    Blood of Christ, fill all my veins;
    Water of Christ’s side, wash out my stains;
    Passion of Christ, my comfort be;
    O good Jesu, listen to me;
    In thy wounds I fain would hide,
    Ne’er to be parted from thy side;
    Guard me, should the foe assail me;
    Call me when my life shall fail me,
    Bid me come to thee above,
    With thy Saints to sing thy love,
    World without end.

Amen
  • Lay Aside the Weights

Today's Scripture
    "...Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28, NLT)

Sometimes it’s as though we’re carrying all these heavy bags around—a bag of guilt, another bag with all the mistakes we’ve made, then we add on a bag full of regrets. We go through life carrying around all of these bags, then we wonder why life is a struggle, why we’re tired, why we can’t accomplish a dream. It’s because you weren’t created to live with guilt, condemnation, and shame.

The Scripture tells us to “lay aside the weights that can easily entangle us.” It’s time to lay aside those weights of guilt and shame and regret. It’s time to get rid of that baggage. This is a new day. The accuser has held you back long enough. Nothing you’ve done in the past is too much for the mercy of God. You are redeemed. You are restored. Shake off the guilt and the accusing voices and receive the gift of righteousness in Christ Jesus and rest for your soul.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that I can come to You and unload all the weight of heaviness, regrets, feelings of unworthiness. I am laying aside all those heavy bags and receiving Your gift of righteousness. I will rest in Your love and mercy and forgiveness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
    In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
    In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
    In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
    When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
    When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
    When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
    When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
    When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
    Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Amen.

~Anonymous
  • Prayer To Keep Christ in Mind During the Day

Oh Lord Christ, it is so, so very difficult sometimes to keep you at the front of my mind and in the center of my heart, to let you guide my thoughts and actions during the pressure and rush of the day. Much of the time I completely forget you; I act from my own mind and heart, living in this world. It is so bad on some days that I will rush through whatever prayers I say, or fail to read your Word with any conviction.

This is not how I want to live. Please, Lord God, so fill me with your Holy Spirit that I have you in mind with my every thought and act. Lead me to take that first step every day to open my Bible, and to fold my hands and close my eyes. Let me put you first, Lord God, and realize that the pressures of the world are illusory: but your Word is forever.

Amen.
  • Use What You Have

Today's Scripture
    "...Then the LORD asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth?... Is it not I, the LORD?." (Exodus 4:11, NLT)

When God told Moses to go and tell Pharaoh, “Let My people go,” Moses said, “God, I can’t do that. I don’t speak well. I stutter.” Moses was saying, “God, I don’t have what it takes. You didn’t give me that gift. I’m afraid.”

He kept making excuse after excuse until the Scripture says, “God became angry with Moses.” He was angry because Moses saw his gift as not enough. He’s displeased when we’re not using what He’s given us, when we’re making excuses, discounting our gifts. God said to Moses, “Who made your tongue?” He was saying, “Moses, I created the universe. I flung stars into space. You didn’t get shortchanged. You’re not lacking anything.”

God would not ask you to do something if He hadn’t already given you what you need. Quit saying, “If I was as gifted or good looking as they are, I could do something great.” No, take the talent you have and develop it. If you’ll use what you have, God will give you more.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for the gifts and the talents You put in me. Thank You that I don’t have to have what I think is a big gift for You to use me in a great way. I will be faithful to develop what You’ve given me and trust You to give me more as I increase it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Exodus 10:1-11 - The Eighth Plague: Locusts

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go in to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may show these signs of mine among them, and that you may tell in the hearing of your son and of your grandson how I have dealt harshly with the Egyptians and what signs I have done among them, that you may know that I am the Lord.”

So Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh and said to him, “Thus says the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, ‘How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me? Let my people go, that they may serve me. For if you refuse to let my people go, behold, tomorrow I will bring locusts into your country, and they shall cover the face of the land, so that no one can see the land.’

‘And they shall eat what is left to you after the hail, and they shall eat every tree of yours that grows in the field, and they shall fill your houses and the houses of all your servants and of all the Egyptians, as neither your fathers nor your grandfathers have seen, from the day they came on earth to this day.’” Then he turned and went out from Pharaoh.

Prayer For a Sense of Wonder at God’s Creation

Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder. Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of your universe. Delight me to see how your Christ plays in ten thousand places, lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not His, to be the father through the features of men’s faces. Each day enrapture me with your marvelous things without number. I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all.

Amen.
  • Ask for Help

Today's Scripture
    Admit your faults to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. (James 5:16, TLB)

It’s easy to hide things in our lives and let people see only what we want them to see. All the heroes of faith in the Scripture had their weaknesses and failures. Everyone has issues.

If you’re still struggling in an area today, there is no shame in asking for help. Sometimes we think we’re supposed to be perfect, so we can’t let anybody know we have a bad habit, an addiction, or a struggle. We would be embarrassed if others knew.

Today’s Scripture tells you to not let shame keep you isolated. Real healing begins when we get honest. There are some things that you can’t overcome on your own. You need to find somebody to stand in faith with you, a person of integrity whom you can trust to walk with you through it. There’s something about getting it out in the open. Don’t let the fear of what other people think keep you from your miracle.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that You didn’t create me to hide my faults and weaknesses and be isolated. Help me to find someone whose integrity I trust to stand in faith and pray with me. I want the healing that comes with being honest and bringing my issues to the light. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer For Racial Harmony

God and Father of all, in your love you made all the nations of the world to be a family, and your Son taught us to love one another. Yet our world is riven apart with prejudice, arrogance, and pride.

Help the different races to love and understand one another better. Increase among us sympathy, tolerance, and goodwill, that we may learn to appreciate the gifts that those of other races bring to us, and to see in all people our brothers and sisters for whom Christ died. Save us from jealousy, hatred, bitterness, and fear, and help us to live together as members of one family at home in the world, sons and daughters of one Father who live in the liberty of the children of God; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.
  • Just One Good Break

Today's Scripture
    The LORD will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. (Psalm 138:8, NLT)

Sometimes we don’t see how we can accomplish our dreams. We don’t have the connections, the resources, the experience. It might not look as though it’s going to happen, but what you don’t realize is that you don’t need a hundred things to go right—just one touch of God’s favor and doors will open that you couldn’t open. Just one good break, one right person, one phone call, one healing, one contract, and what seemed impossible will suddenly become possible.

Today’s Scripture says the Lord will work out His plans for your life. You don’t have to work it out. You don’t have to struggle and worry and try to fix every problem, straighten out every enemy, and make things happen in your own strength. You can live from a place of peace, knowing that God has lined up the breaks you need.

Get up every morning with the expectancy that He’s going to surprise you.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that just one good break, just one person, just one promotion, just one touch of Your favor can make the impossible suddenly become possible. Thank You that I can stay in peace. I believe that you are working out Your plan for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Exodus 10:12-20

The Eighth Plague: Locusts

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over the land of Egypt for the locusts, so that they may come upon the land of Egypt and eat every plant in the land, all that the hail has left.” So Moses stretched out his staff over the land of Egypt, and the Lord brought an east wind upon the land all that day and all that night.

When it was morning, the east wind had brought the locusts. The locusts came up over all the land of Egypt and settled on the whole country of Egypt, such a dense swarm of locusts as had never been before, nor ever will be again. They covered the face of the whole land, so that the land was darkened, and they ate all the plants in the land and all the fruit of the trees that the hail had left. Not a green thing remained, neither tree nor plant of the field, through all the land of Egypt.

Then Pharaoh hastily called Moses and Aaron and said, “I have sinned against the Lord your God, and against you. Now therefore, forgive my sin, please, only this once, and plead with the Lord your God only to remove this death from me.”

So he went out from Pharaoh and pleaded with the Lord. And the Lord turned the wind into a very strong west wind, which lifted the locusts and drove them into the Red Sea. Not a single locust was left in all the country of Egypt. But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the people of Israel go.

Prayer for Today

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and always.

Amen.
  • It’s in the Unknown

Today's Scripture
    “Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. (Matthew 14:29, NLT)

When Jesus came walking across the stormy sea in the darkness of night, Peter was the only disciple who had the courage to walk on the water to Him. One can imagine the other disciples saying, “It’s too dangerous! Don’t go!” But when Jesus told him to come, Peter stepped out into the unknown and walked on water. He didn’t let what was familiar and comfortable in his life keep him from getting out of the boat and becoming who he was created to be.

You can’t play it safe your whole life and reach the fullness of your destiny. What God has in store for your future is going to boggle your mind—the places He wants to take you, the people you’re going to influence, the dreams you’re going to accomplish. Don’t let the what-ifs talk you out of it. “What if I fail? What if they say no?” You’ll never know unless you try—it’s in the unknown.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that the stormy seas and waves of my life are no problem for You. I choose to obey You quickly. Help me not to overthink things, but trust Your leading in my life. I declare that I am willing to step out of my comfort zone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Walk with Christ Today

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your Word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Oh blessed Holy Spirit, nudge me, remind me throughout my day, again and again, for I know I will find freedom in obedience to your Word. I pray, show me what I need to focus on, right now and wherever the day might take me.

Change my vision. Embolden me to practice what you reveal to me, for I am confident of the blessings that come from life in harmony with your Word. My life is yours: I give it to you, of my own free will, and pray you to take it up and show me your path. In the name of Jesus, I pray this with all my heart,

Amen.
  • Count it All Joy

Today's Scripture
    Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. (James 1:2–3, NKJV)

We’d love to not have any pain, suffering, bad breaks, betrayals, or loss, but that’s not reality. Difficulties will come, and pain is a part of life, so keep the right perspective: there is purpose in your pain. If everything were always easy, we wouldn’t be prepared for our destiny.

In the tough, dark times, God is getting you prepared. He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. Every struggle is making you stronger. Every difficulty is growing you up. You may not like it, but every painful season is developing something in you that can be developed only in the tough times. That difficulty is an opportunity to develop character, to gain a greater trust in God. If God allowed it, He knows how to bring good out of it. Don’t just go through it; grow through it and keep a good attitude.

Count it all joy, knowing that this pain is going to lead to your gain.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that there is a purpose in the pain I experience whether I understand it or not. Thank You that You are preparing me and making me stronger and growing me up. I declare that I will count it all joy and overcome whatever I face. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • "Because Of You"

Because you picked me up, when I struggled to get through.
    Because you healed my heart, when it was thrown and shattered.
    Because you gave me hope, when it seemed so out of reach.
    Because you filled me with peace, when chaos flowed through my veins.

Because you showed me the light, when there was only darkness.
    Because you gave me comfort, when my voice cried out in pain.
    Because you reassured me, when the doubts screamed in my head.
    Because you kept me going, when there seemed nowhere to go.
    Because you sustained me with strength, when weakness became all I knew.

lighthouse, light unto the nations
    Because you came and stayed, when everyone else turned around and left.
    Because you gave me a purpose, when life seemed so pointless.
    Because you restored my happiness, when life seemed to snatch it away.
    Because you filled this emptiness, when the void echoed with loneliness.
    Because you helped me let it all go, when I gripped the tightest to hold on.
    Because you showed me the beauty of life, when the world showed me nothing but hate and corruption.
    Because you gave me a better life, when the old one fought to come back.

Because I am nothing without you, nothing but a hopeless being.
    Because only You could tear down my wall of pride, and instead build it back up with love and humbleness.
    Because of all this, I give you my life Lord.

I will put all my fears and failures in Your hands, my worries that consume me, my pain that destroys me.
    You were always there, even when I rejected You.
    Because of all You are, my life, oh God, is yours.

Amen.

~ Jacqueline Burciaga
  • Connect with the Right People

Today's Scripture
    A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking. (Luke 5:7, NLT)

In today’s Scripture, because Peter obeyed Jesus’ instructions to try again after having fished all night and caught nothing, he was blessed with favor and caught so many fish that his net began to tear. But notice that he had so many fish that his partner’s boat was also full of fish. When you’re connected to someone who’s favored, as they increase, you will increase from their overflow.

There are blessings that belong to you that are attached to people whom God has put in your life. If you’re not seeing any fish, evaluate whom you’re connected to. You need to disconnect from relationships that are not producing any increase and connect with people who are seeing favor. You need people who are taking new ground, who think and dream bigger than you, and who will expand your vision and thinking for the new things God has in store. Look around and find the favor connections in your life.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for the people whom You’ve brought into my life to recognize, to respect, and connect with. Help me to be wise and honor them, sow into them, learn from them, and partner with them. I believe that You are taking me higher. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples.

Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love.

Grant me the Spirit of Fear of the Lord that I may be filled with a loving reverence toward You;

the Spirit of Piety that I may find peace and fulfillment in serving You, while serving others;

the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation;
    the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know You and know myself, and thus grow in holiness;

the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your truth;

the Spirit of Counsel that I may choose the surest way of doing Your will, seeking first the Kingdom;

Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may aspire to the things that last forever;

Teach me to be Your faithful disciple. Animate me with Your Spirit in every aspect of my life, today and throughout the week to come.

Amen.
  • When Offenses Come

Today's Scripture
    “Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come…” (Matthew 18:7, NIV)

Today’s Scripture says offenses and betrayals will come—loss, bad breaks, things we don’t understand. It’s painful enough when it happens, but if you make the mistake of going around feeding the hurt, feeding the offense, you’re giving life to bitterness, resentment, and discouragement.

Don’t feed the self-pity or what didn’t work out. Don’t relive the hurts. You can’t feed your history and feed your destiny at the same time. What’s happened to you is over and done. Quit thinking about how you were raised, what you didn’t get, who hurt you, who you lost—that’s history, that’s behind you. You have to starve the doubts, starve the negative comments people have spoken over you, starve the guilt and condemnation.

You can’t go into a new season if you’re always looking back at the old. Now do your part and keep feeding your faith, your hopes, your dreams, and you will step up to a new level and see those dreams come to pass.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that when I face offenses and hurts that I’m surrounded by Your favor. Thank You that the path of the righteous gets brighter and brighter and that my best days are still out in front of me. I believe and declare that You always cause me to triumph. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • George Washington's Monday Morning Prayer

O eternal and everlasting God, I presume to present myself this morning before thy Divine majesty, beseeching thee to accept of my humble and hearty thanks, that it hath pleased thy great goodness to keep and preserve me the night past from all the dangers poor mortals are subject to, and has given me sweet and pleasant sleep, whereby I find my body refreshed and comforted for performing the duties of this day, in which I beseech thee to defend me from all perils of body and soul.

Direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the lamb, and purge my heart by thy Holy Spirit, from the dross of my natural corruption, that I may with more freedom of mind and liberty of will serve thee, the ever lasting God, in righteousness and holiness this day, and all the days of my life. In the name of Holy Christ, I pray,

Amen.

~ From the Prayer Journal of George Washington
  • Be Filled with Good Things

Today's Scripture
    He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (Psalm 103:5, NLT)

The reason some people aren’t young and strong in their spirit and vibrant and passionate about life is that there’s no room for God to fill them with good things. All the space is taken up with negatives. Worry will make you weak. Living stressed out will make you old and take your passion. Being bitter, angry, and resentful will shorten your life.

Is God trying to fill you with joy, confidence, and creativity, but there’s no room? If you empty out the negative, God will have room to fill your life with good things. Instead of hanging on to bitterness after someone does you wrong, say, “God, I forgive them. I let it go.” You didn’t just forgive; you made room for God to give you beauty for ashes. When you empty out worry, you’ll have peace in the midst of the storm. Empty out discouragement, and He’ll fill you with joy. He’ll fill you with good things.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for the promise that You fill my life with good things. I choose to empty out the worry so You can fill me with peace, to empty out the discouragement so You can fill me with joy. I believe that You will keep me young and strong in spirit. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Please help me pray for the issuance of my last pay and bonus from my last work. Thank you God!
  • I pray for one more chance. Thank you Inay.
  • Thank You Jesus

Oh dear sweet, loving Jesus: How often I forget that it is because of You that I live. You made all of us from the very dust that You created. Then You did the most wondrous of all things, You made us in Your image and You breathed life into us. I join those praying with me today in thanking you for our lives, and we pray that You continue to sustain us each day. From Your heavenly place accept our prayers and our praise.

Amen.
  • Prayer to Gain and Share Wisdom

Lord, there is so much that I don’t know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom and understanding that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others.

Amen.

<click here for link>
  • Rest from Your Enemies

Today's Scripture
    He removed the foreign altars and the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles... No one was at war with him during those years, for the LORD gave him rest. (2 Chronicles 14:3, 6, NIV)

King Asa of Judah inherited a kingdom that was filled with idolatry. His father had passed down compromise, mediocrity, and dysfunction. But Asa understood that just because something negative is passed down doesn’t mean you have to continue it and let it limit your life. He smashed the pagan shrines and altars, and because of it, the Lord gave him rest from his enemies.

If you want rest from that bad attitude, that addiction, or that low self-esteem that most likely was passed down to you, you have get rid of it. Be an Asa and say, “I’m not going to let this anger rule my life. I’m going to pull that stronghold down and smash it. I’m not going to put up with this anxiety and insecurity. I’m removing these limitations. I’m living in peace. I’m going to enjoy my life.” When you make a decision that enough is enough, God will begin to give rest from your enemies.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that I don’t have to be defined by the past, by what was passed down to me or the mistakes I’ve made. Thank You that I can take a stand and remove anything that is holding me back. I will be the difference maker and break the chains. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Rest from Your Enemies

Today's Scripture
    He removed the foreign altars and the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles... No one was at war with him during those years, for the LORD gave him rest. (2 Chronicles 14:3, 6, NIV)

King Asa of Judah inherited a kingdom that was filled with idolatry. His father had passed down compromise, mediocrity, and dysfunction. But Asa understood that just because something negative is passed down doesn’t mean you have to continue it and let it limit your life. He smashed the pagan shrines and altars, and because of it, the Lord gave him rest from his enemies.

If you want rest from that bad attitude, that addiction, or that low self-esteem that most likely was passed down to you, you have get rid of it. Be an Asa and say, “I’m not going to let this anger rule my life. I’m going to pull that stronghold down and smash it. I’m not going to put up with this anxiety and insecurity. I’m removing these limitations. I’m living in peace. I’m going to enjoy my life.” When you make a decision that enough is enough, God will begin to give rest from your enemies.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that I don’t have to be defined by the past, by what was passed down to me or the mistakes I’ve made. Thank You that I can take a stand and remove anything that is holding me back. I will be the difference maker and break the chains. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”