Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• For the Presence of God

O God, be present with me always, dwell within my heart. With thy light and thy Spirit guide my soul, my thoughts, and all my actions, that I may teach thy Word, that thy healing power may be in me and in all the saints of thy church universal.

Amen.

(by Philipp Melanchthon, 1550)
  • Love Covers

Today's Scripture
    Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8, NLT)

In relationships, we all have disagreements, tension, and stress. When we do, we need to step back and remember that love makes allowances for other people’s weaknesses. Love covers a wrong done to it. You have to rise above these petty things that are pulling you apart.

Give people room to have a bad day. When they’re rude, don’t respond. Be an eagle and rise above it. Life is too short for you to live at odds, being contentious, arguing over things that don’t matter. Some people have to have the last word in every argument. Don’t be hardheaded. Let it go. Quit wasting your energy. You have a destiny to fulfill. You have an assignment to accomplish. Those are distractions trying to pull you off course. Zip it up and let the other person be right. You may know they’re wrong, but it doesn’t matter.

Don’t waste your valuable time on something that’s not moving you toward your purpose.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for loving and approving me just as I am. Help me to do the same with others and seek the best for others. I ask You for the deep love that covers offenses and weaknesses so that I can honor You in everything I do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Thanks for the Gifts of This Life

O God, I thank You for this day of life:
    for eyes to see the sky
    for ears to hear the birds
    for feet to walk amidst the trees
    for hands to pick the flowers from the earth
    for a sense of smell to breathe in the sweet
    perfumes of nature
    for a mind to think about and appreciate
    the magic of everyday miracles
    for a spirit to swell in joy at Your mighty presence
    everywhere.
    Amen.
  • It’s Under Your Feet

Today's Scripture
    For he “has put everything under his feet.” (1 Corinthians 15:27, NIV)

How we see our difficulties very often will determine whether or not we get out of them. When you face challenges and things come against you, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and start thinking, This is never going to work out. I’ll just have to learn to live with it.

That kind of thinking not only pushes you down, but it stops God from working. It’s going to attract fear, worry, and doubt. Many people settle for mediocrity. You have to change your perspective. If you’re going to live in victory, you have to see every sickness, every obstacle, and every temptation as being under your feet.

It’s no match for you. It’s not going to keep you from your destiny. It’s already defeated. God is going to use it as a stepping stone to take you higher. It’s just a matter of time before you break through to a new level.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that Your Word says that You have put all things—every sickness, obstacle, and temptation—under my feet. Thank You that I don’t have to just learn to live with it or put up with it. I declare that all of these challenges are under my feet. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Do God’s Will

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Thy will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance.

Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever,

Amen.
  • Prayer for the Sick

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve thy sick servants, and give thy power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that those for whom our prayers are offered may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in thy loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

Amen.

Anonymous
  • Join the Dance

Today's Scripture
    As they danced, they sang: “Saul has slain his thousands, and David his tens of thousands.” (1 Samuel 18:7, NIV)

King Saul had been happy running his race until David started getting more praise than him. From that moment on, Saul never looked at David the same way and ended up losing his throne over it. What was his problem? He couldn’t handle somebody getting ahead of him. Saul got distracted and spent months and months trying to kill David all because he wasn’t comfortable with who he was.

Maybe like Saul, you’re at the one thousand level but you have a friend who’s at the ten thousand level. The real test to see if God can promote you is: Can you celebrate people who pass you by and stay focused on your race? Can you celebrate what you’ve accomplished? Our attitude should be: “God may have made me to be a one thousand-level person, but I’m going to be the best one thousand-level person you’ve ever seen. I’m going to become all God has created me to be.”

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for the amazing people You have brought into my life, and thank You that You’ve made me amazing as well. Thank You that I am not competing against others but simply running my own race. I celebrate who You have made me to be. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer of Praise

Glory to Thee, transfiguring our lives with deeds of love,
    Glory to Thee, making wonderfully Sweet the keeping of Thy commandments,
    Glory to Thee, making Thyself known where man shows mercy on his neighbour,
    Glory to Thee, sending us failure and misfortune that we may understand the sorrows of others,
    Glory to Thee, rewarding us so well for the good we do,
    Glory to Thee, welcoming the impulse of our heart's love,
    Glory to Thee, raising to the heights of heaven every act of love in earth and sky,
    Glory to Thee, O God, from age to age.

Amen.
    ~ Gregory Petrov
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
    In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
    In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
    In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
    When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
    When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
    When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
    When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
    When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
    Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Amen.

Anonymous
  • When You Pray

Today's Scripture
    “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way.” (Daniel 10:12–13, NLT)

In the Scripture, Daniel prayed and asked God for something, but nothing happened. Day after day went by, no sign of it. Three weeks later, an angel showed up with the answer and said, “From the moment you prayed, God sent me with the answer, but there were forces in my way that stopped me.” God had to send another angel to fight through the forces of darkness.

There are blessings that have your name on them—promotion, businesses, a house, healing, a spouse, a baby, restoration—that you’ve been believing for. There are forces trying to hold back what you’ve been praying for. God is about to release what’s been held up. Stay encouraged; it’s on the way. Just imagine God breaking the way wide open through those forces that are holding it back. You’re going to see what God promised. What has your name on it is on the way. All the forces of darkness cannot stop it.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who rules over the forces of darkness that try to hold back the blessings I am believing for. Thank You that You are breaking the way open right now. I believe You are releasing me into favor and new levels. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Sunday Prayer for Forgiveness

Almighty Father; I enter your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from you and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me; the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong; and the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy on me, and forgive me for all my sins against you and against others. And teach the grace to forgive others to all who ask for it, through the grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ,

Amen.
  • Show Your Scars

Today's Scripture
    Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!” “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed. (John 20:27–28, NLT)

After Jesus’ resurrection, Thomas had declared that he wouldn’t believe unless he felt the wounds in Jesus’ hands and side. When Jesus appeared to Thomas, He held out His hands and said, “Touch My scars.” Thomas fell down and said, “Lord, I believe!”

Maybe somebody needs to touch your scars to believe. Maybe they need to hear your story of how God brought you through the sickness, through the divorce, through the mistake or loss. Don’t hide your scars; show your scars. Your scars can inspire someone else to believe. There’s healing in your scars.

When you see other people who are wounded, do like Jesus did and tell them, “Touch my scars.” Let them know that what God did for you, He can do for them. When they hear how God healed you, restored you, and blessed you, that will breathe new life into their spirit. God didn’t show you mercy just for your sake; those scars are for somebody else.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for the scars that Jesus bore in His hands and side for my redemption. Thank You for healing me of the wounds that I have had. Help me to show my scars and use my scars to encourage others of what You can do for them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Morning

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day,
    Help me to follow you in every way.
    Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do;
    Let me help others, as you help them, too.

Help me to be honest, don’t let me play games,
    Help me to grow, yet still stay the same.
    Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor;
    Give all - not just part.

Help me to love others, my family, my friends,
    Bless all of my foes, help me make amends.
    Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let
    Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best,
    Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest.
    Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day,
    Often to thank you, often to pray.

Amen.
  • A Place of Protection

Today's Scripture
    “The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.” (Exodus 12:13, NIV)

In the last plague that God sent on Egypt in order to get the Pharaoh to let the people of Israel go free, God told Moses that the Israelites should mark their doorposts with a lamb’s blood so that the death angel could “pass over” their houses and spare them from the death of all the firstborn of Egypt. You can imagine how careful they were to follow the exact instructions.

Today, have you put the blood of the Lamb of God over your house, so to speak? When you say, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord,” in effect you’re putting that blood over your doorpost. God says no harm will come near your dwelling. When you’ve accepted the sacrifice of Christ’s salvation, you’re in a place of protection. No weapon formed against you will prosper. Because of the blood of the Son of the living God, there’s a blood line that the enemy cannot cross.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that I am covered by the blood of Jesus. Thank You that I have Your protection over every area of my life and family. I believe that You have put a blood line of protection around me and no weapon formed against me will prosper. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Build Up the Wall of Self-Control

Today's Scripture
    Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls. (Proverbs 25:28, NKJV)

When you let your feelings control you—anger, impatience, lust, a negative attitude—your walls of defense are down. The enemy can come in and run your life.

God has given us self-control. Quit saying, “I can’t stop it. It’s too hard.” You have the ability, but self-control is like a muscle—if you never discipline yourself to walk away when you feel like taking the easy way out, then your self-control muscle is very weak. You have to start exercising it by saying no to your flesh. You have a destiny to fulfill. But as long as you are controlled by these ordinary impulses, God can’t release the amazing things He has in store for your future.

Spiritual maturity has nothing to do with how many years you’ve been in church or how long you’ve known the Lord. It has everything to do with what kind of fruit you are displaying. Are you ruling over your emotions?

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that one of the fruit of the Spirit working in me is self-control. Thank You that I don’t have to be a slave to feelings that have tried to control me for years. I believe that as I say no to the flesh, I will reach my highest potential. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Treat Others with Courage and Grace

Lord, this day and forever, may I have the courage never to be afraid of anyone. May I have the generosity to bear ill-feeling toward no-one. Lead me to live in such a way as to treat others in the same way as I would like to be treated. Inspire me never to be violent in thought, word or action, and lead me to conquer evil with goodness.

Amen.

<click here for link>
  • To Find God’s Beauty in Nature

It is the Holy Spirit who makes us find joy in each flower, the exquisite scent, the delicate color, the beauty of the Most High in the tiniest of things. Glory and honor to the Spirit, the Giver of Life, who covers the fields with their carpet of flowers, crowns the harvest with gold, and gives to us the joy of gazing at it with our eyes. O be joyful and sing to Him: Alleluia!

Amen.

<click here for link>

Meditation

“You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.”

~ Jim Rohn
  • You’re Not on Your Own

Today's Scripture
    “When the Lord brings you into the Promised Land, as he soon will, he will destroy the following seven nations, all greater and mightier than you are.” (Deuteronomy 7:1, TLB)

God was about to take the Israelites into the Promised Land, but there were seven nations in their path that were bigger, stronger, and more powerful than the Israelites. Moses didn’t know what they were going to do. In the natural they could never defeat them. But God told them, “You don’t have to fight this in your own strength. I’m going to go before you and clear the path. I’m going to defeat your enemies so all you have to do is walk in and take the land.”

We all face situations where the odds are against us. It’s easy to think, This sickness…this debt…this addiction…these people coming against me are much more powerful. Don’t worry. God is going before you right now clearing the path. He’s making things happen that you couldn’t make happen. On your own you may be outnumbered, but you’re not on your own. The God who controls the universe says He will take care of your enemies.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that You’re defeating my enemies, and You’re bringing me into my Promised Land. Thank You that You’re going before me right now and clearing the path and doing what I cannot do on my own. I believe that the victory is on the way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Negative Chatter

Today's Scripture
    “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.” (John 14:1, NKJV)

With social media, so many people can hide behind being anonymous and say hurtful, critical things to try to make you feel small, unattractive, and not good enough. At times it may seem as though there’s a campaign against someone, but it’s usually just a handful of bullies, haters, and envious people. You can’t stop that from coming, but you can ignore it. Let it bounce right off you.

The trick of the enemy is to try to deceive you into thinking about it all the time, and then it contaminates your life. Don’t let the poison in. Don’t even bother to read it when it gets negative. Don’t call a friend and ask them what someone might be saying about you. Don’t let your heart be troubled; let God take care of it. You don’t have to defend yourself. God is your vindicator. Just run your race. Stay focused on moving forward, and He will take care of the rest.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that You are my vindicator, and You will protect my reputation as I keep on honoring You. Help me to let any negative chatter bounce off me and not read it or listen to it. I believe that You will handle it Your way. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer To Keep God in Mind This Day

Lord, let me begin this day in devout meditations, in joy unspeakable, and in blessing and praising You, who has given me such good hope and everlasting consolation.

Lift up my mind above all these little things below, which are apt to distract my thoughts; and keep it above, until my heart is fully resolved to seek You every day, in the path where Jesus has trod before me.

Amen.
  • Freedom from Depression and Fear

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness and I feel my weakness and helplessness, give me the sense of Your presence, Your love, and Your strength. Help me to have perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power, so that nothing may frighten or worry me, for, living close to You, I shall see Your hand, Your purpose, Your will through all things.

Amen.

<click here for link>
  • Prayer To Show Christ’s Love Today

Oh Holy God, who has commanded us to love one another without fail, purify my soul. Let your Holy Spirit empower me throughout this day, to be obedient to the truth at every moment, so that I might love my brothers and sisters earnestly, from a pure heart.

And let me always remember that I have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of your Son; born again into a life of perfect love, obedience, and service. And if I am confused or do not know what to think or do, let me think of your Son, Jesus Christ, and ask myself what He would have done. For I will follow him even to the point of suffering and death, confident in his resurrection and the eternal reward for those that do follow him in sincere belief.

Amen.
  • Live Guilt-Free

Today's Scripture
    So give yourselves humbly to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7, TLB

Today’s Scripture tells us to resist the enemy. To resist means to not agree with what he’s telling you, but rather to believe what God says about you. When you hear him whisper, “You’re all washed up. You’ve made too many mistakes,” the way you resist it is to answer, “No, thanks. God’s mercy is bigger than any mistake. My best days are still in front of me.”

Don’t assist the enemy; resist him. When he tells you, “You don’t deserve to be blessed. Look what you’ve done,” resist him by declaring,” I am the righteousness of God. I am forgiven. I am redeemed.” When the enemy says, “Well, you blew it. You knew better, and now you’re guilty,” tell him, “There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I asked God for forgiveness, and He not only forgave me, but He doesn’t remember it. I’m going to live guilt-free, confidently, securely, holy, blamelessly, righteously, and honorably in Jesus’ Name.”

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that when the accuser tries to dump a load of guilt on me, I can say with authority, ‘Condemnation is not acceptable here. Jesus paid the price.’ I am far from perfect, but I will not drag yesterday’s failures into today. I am forgiven. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer To Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way.

I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those who don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I’m feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ’s name, I come to you,

Amen.
  • Do Not Despise Small Beginnings

Today's Scripture
    “Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin.” (Zechariah 4:10, NLT)

When David went out to face Goliath, all he had was a slingshot and five smooth stones. It looked insignificant, ordinary, and certainly nothing special. But God breathed on him, and he defeated Goliath and became the king of Israel. All Moses had was an ordinary stick, something he found on the ground, yet when he picked up that rod and held it in the air, the Red Sea supernaturally parted. Samson was surrounded by a huge army. All he had was the jawbone of a donkey. But he picked up that jawbone, God breathed on him, and he defeated a thousand men.

Don’t despise the day of small beginnings. Don’t look at what you have and say, “I can’t do anything great. I don’t have a lot of talent.” If you’ll use what God has given you, He will multiply it. He will not only bring your dreams to pass, but He will do more than you can ask or think.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that You rejoice to see me use what You have given me, and You will bring the increase as I trust in You. Thank You that a slingshot and five stones are enough to bring down a giant. I believe that nothing can keep me from my destiny. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • How Badly Do You Want It?

Today's Scripture
    Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. (Daniel 6:3, NIV)

How badly do you want that promotion at work? Badly enough to get to work early, to do more than what’s required, to take that extra course online to sharpen your skills? If not, you don’t want it badly enough. You have to stand out in the crowd.

Today’s Scripture says that Daniel “distinguished himself.” He was so excellent in his work, so skilled, so sharp, and had such a great attitude that he stood out among all the other young men. The king gave him a position of great leadership. It doesn’t say, “God distinguished Daniel, made him stand out, made him excel.” It says that Daniel distinguished himself. He was willing to do what the other young men wouldn’t do. It wasn’t so much that he was more talented or more gifted; it was the fact that he wanted it more than they did.

The question is, how big is your want-to?

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for the gifts and talents and seeds of greatness that You’ve given me. Thank You that I have the opportunity to distinguish myself and become all You created me to be. I’m going to take steps to grow. I’m going to come up higher and excel. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • To Live in God's Presence

Dear God, I know you are with me now. I know you are with me any time I call on you, or even think about you. Let me remember, every minute of every day, that you are with me, watching me, ready to help, protecting my soul even when the things of this world give me pain.

Let my every minute be lived in your presence. Let my every action be an offering of love to you. Let my every word be a prayer.

Amen.

<click here for link>
  • Young at Heart

Today's Scripture
    A relaxed attitude lengthens a man’s life; jealousy rots it away. (Proverbs 14:30, TLB)

No matter what age you are, you can be young at heart, full of faith, energy, and creativity. Your spirit never ages. It doesn’t have to get old and grouchy. You can stay young in spirit. The way that happens is to give no place to the negative.

Get in a habit of emptying out any offenses, knowing that God is in control and will do what He promised despite what comes against you. Empty out the worry and anxiety. If you made a mistake, empty out the guilt. If you didn’t do your best, empty out the regret. If you were upset because you didn’t get the credit you deserved, empty out the self-pity. If you had a bad break, and you don’t understand why, empty out the questions. Don’t try to figure it out.

If you get good at emptying out the negative every day, you’ll be strong, vibrant, full of faith, and full of joy.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that I never need to get old in my heart, and that I can stay young and vibrant in my spirit. I choose to empty out the worry, mistakes, and offenses and let negative things go. Fill me with joy to overflowing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Speak to Your Mountain

Today's Scripture
    The tongue has the power of life and death. (Proverbs 18:21, NIV)

Words have creative power. They can be very helpful like electricity. Used the right way, electricity powers all kinds of good things. But electricity used the wrong way can harm or even kill you. It’s the same way with our words. Whether we speak positive or negative words, we will reap what we sow. If you’re always speaking words of defeat and failure, you’re going to live in a pretty miserable world. Use your words to change your negative situations and fill them with life.

The Scripture clearly tells us to speak to our mountains. Maybe your mountain is a sickness, a college debt, or a floundering business. Whatever your mountain is, speak to that obstacle.

The Scripture says, “Let the weak say, ‘I am strong!’” Start calling yourself healed, happy, whole, blessed, and prosperous. God is a miracle-working God. Stop talking to God about how big your mountains are and start talking to your mountains about how big your God is!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the creative power that You give my words to change my life. Help me to give my faith a voice by speaking words of life and blessing over myself and my future daily. I declare that You are greater than any mountain I face. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Morning

Oh Lord, most heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought me to the beginning of this day; I give you thanks for my creation, preservation, and all the blessings of my life. Grant that this day I fall into no sin, neither run into any kind of danger; but that all my doings, being governed by your will, may be righteous in your sight. Through Christ our Lord, I pray.

Amen.

<click here for link>