Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,
    I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.

Amen!

~Lynn Robinson
  • <click here for link>

Prayer of Thanks for God’s Creation

O Lord God of Israel and God of the nations, you are the only God in heaven above or the earth below. I walk before you with all my heart. I bless your name in the morning when I rise and in the evening when I sleep, and all the day when your creation fills my eye.

Bless me to remember you this day. When I see and hear the thousand miracles of your creation, let me see them anew, recalling that you have made them, and no other; that I may live in your presence among the common miracles I take for granted. Through Christ I pray,

Amen.
  • Walk Away

Today's Scripture
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:21, NIV)

When David was a teenager, his oldest brother, Eliab, spoke to him in the most condescending, disrespectful, and accusatory way in front of others (see 1 Samuel 17:28). Rest assured that David felt like telling his brother off, but he kept his mouth closed, turned and walked away. Seeing such self-discipline, it’s no wonder God entrusted David to do great things.

You know that if you argue long enough with someone, you’re going to say things you regret later. A ten-minute argument can set the relationship back ten years. You have to learn to walk away. You’re not going to accomplish anything positive in a heated, disrespectful, contentious situation. Let them have the last word, and you keep your peace.

The Scripture says that you “overcome evil with good.” You don’t overcome disrespect with more disrespect, or overcome insult with insult, or overcome shouting with more shouting. You do it by staying respectful. You be the first to walk away.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that in every way possible Jesus overcame evil by doing good. Thank You for giving me the grace to overcome evil by doing good as well. Help me to stay respectful in all of my conversations and every situation and walk away when necessary. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for the Morning

Oh God the King eternal, who divides the day from the darkness, and has turned the shadow of death into the light of morning; I pray that this day you will incline my heart to keep your commandments, driving temptation from my mind. Guide my feet into the way of peace; that having done your will with cheerfulness while it was day, I may, when the night comes, rejoice in giving you thanks for a day lived in your presence; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.
  • Unconditional Trust

Today's Scripture
    “But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” (Daniel 3:18, NIV)

This is what three Hebrew teenagers did in the Scripture. They wouldn’t bow down to the king of Babylon’s golden idol. He was so furious that he was about to have them thrown into a fiery furnace. They said, “King, we’re not worried. We know that our God will deliver us. But even if He doesn’t, we’re still not going to bow down.” That’s unconditional trust.

You may have a lot coming against you. Perhaps, you feel as though you’re about to be thrown into a fire. This is the key: stay in faith, believe in your dreams, believe the situation will turn around, and then declare, “Even if it doesn’t happen my way, I’m still going to be happy. God, if You turn it around, or if You don’t turn it around, I’m still going to give You praise.” You live like that and all the forces of darkness cannot keep you from your destiny.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You that You are worthy of my unconditional trust. There are things in my life that I don’t understand, situations I want to see changed, but even if they never happen, I’m still going to trust You. I gladly leave these matters in Your hands. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • For Each New Morning

For each new morning with its light,
    For rest and shelter of the night,
    For health and food,
    For love and friends,
    For everything Thy goodness sends.
    I thank thee.

Amen.

<click here for link>
  • Don’t Rely on People’s Approval

Today's Scripture
    “Your approval means nothing to me.” (John 5:41, NLT)

It’s great when people cheer us on and make us feel valuable. We love when a friend compliments us or a coworker helps us on a project. God uses people to help move us toward our destiny.

But you can’t become so dependent on people that you’re trying to get your worth and value from them. It’s easy to rely on them to keep you feeling good about yourself and make you feel approved. But if they don’t give you their approval and meet your expectations, you’ll feel discouraged and inferior, and you’ll work overtime to try to win their approval. The problem is, you’re trying to get from people what only God can give. Your value, your self-worth doesn’t come from another person—it comes from your Creator.

Jesus knew better than to rely on people. What they do or don’t do doesn’t determine your worth and cannot stop your purpose. Quit depending on others’ approval and start approving yourself.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the people You’ve placed in my life to help me move to my destiny. Help me, though, not to become dependent upon their approval or try to get my value from them. I declare that I have Your approval and love, and that’s all I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

Prayer of Submission

Dear Lord,

I give you my hands to do your work;
    I give you my feet to go your way;
    I give you my eyes to see as you see; I give you my tongue to speak your words;
    I give you my mind that you may think in me;
    I give you my spirit that you may pray in me.

Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me.
    I give you my whole self, Lord, that you may grow in me, so that it is you who lives, works and prays in me.

Amen.
  • God Will Connect the Dots

Today's Scripture
    “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.” (Genesis 50:20, NLT)

God gave Joseph a dream that he was destined for greatness, but before that dream came true, he went through some very dark places. However, today’s Scripture shows how God connected the dots. Being thrown into the pit by his brothers led to being sold to Potiphar in Egypt, which led to being falsely accused and put in prison. In prison, he interpreted the dreams of the butler and the baker, which led to interpreting Pharaoh’s dream and being put in charge of the nation. Every step was divinely orchestrated and moving Joseph toward his destiny.

As was true in Joseph’s life, you have to believe that a disappointment, a betrayal, or a setback is part of God’s plan. It’s moving you little by little into your destiny. God knows what He’s doing. What looks like trouble is really the hand of God. Keep doing the right thing despite the trouble, and one day, God is going to connect the dots for you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that what so often looks like trouble is really Your hand moving me toward Your purpose. Thank You that it’s going to push me into a level of my destiny I could never experience without it. Help me to be patient while You connect the dots. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer: For a Heart Open to God’s Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always,
    Amen.

<click here for link>
  • Be Your Best Today

Today's Scripture
    This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24, NLT)

When we read about the heroes of faith, their lives seem so exciting, but the truth is that most of their days were routine. Moses experienced one miracle after another, but those involved only a few days of his life. Most of our days will be ordinary days with some exciting days. If you live from big event to big event, waiting for something exciting to keep you encouraged, you’re going to be disappointed.

Learn to enjoy where God has you right now. This is the day the Lord has made. It may be routine, but when you do the ordinary with a good attitude, that’s getting you prepared for the new things God has in store. It’s being faithful day in and day out, doing the right thing when the wrong thing is happening, staying in faith when we’re not getting our way. You won’t be promoted if you’re not being your best where God has you right now.

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for this day that You have made. Thank You that I can be faithful in the ordinary and routine, knowing that You are preparing me for the new things You have in store. I’m going to keep being my best, serving, giving, and loving right where I am. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

Good Morning Heavenly Father

Good Morning Heavenly Father, and thank You for the glory of the sun
    And thank You for the health I have to get my duty done.

I shall devote the hours of this golden day to You,
    by honoring Your Holy Name in everything I do.

I will pursue my daily art without complaint or fear
    and spend my every effort to be friendly and sincere.

I know there have been many days that I have whiled away.
    But this is one that I will try, to make Your special day.

And so once more, Good Morning Heavenly Father. And please depend on me
    because I want to honor You for all eternity.

Amen!
  • High Time

Today's Scripture
    And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. (Romans 13:11, NKJ

When God first put that dream or promise in your heart, you were excited; you told people what you were going to do. But now it’s been months, maybe years, and things haven’t turned out like you planned. Today’s Scripture says you are closer now to seeing it come to pass than you’ve ever been. You’re coming into a high time. High time is when things suddenly change in your favor, when blessings chase you down. High time is when your healing shows up, you break the addiction, you meet the right person. God makes things happen that you could never make happen.

If you’re going to see this high time, you have to wake up out of your sleep. That means to get your passion back. Start believing again, start expecting things to change, start talking like it’s going to happen. You can’t be complacent and step into the fullness of what God has in store. My question is, are you awake?

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the call to wake up, to get my hopes up, to start expecting things to change. Thank You that I’m closer to going to the next level, to seeing explosive blessings than I’ve ever been. I believe that I’m about to see this high time. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Glorious Things

Today's Scripture
    Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good. Let us see your miracles again; let our children see glorious things. (Psalm 90:15–16, TLB)

Psalm 90 is a prayer of Moses. Perhaps you can identify with his request in today’s Scripture. He was saying, “God, I’m having a tough time. I’ve had some bad breaks, but I’m asking for Your restored blessing.” When you face difficulties, do as Moses did and pray, “God, strengthen me again, heal me again, and show me Your favor again.”

Your situation may not look good. You may be facing something at your business, in a relationship, or have a health issue that you don’t think could ever work out. But God didn’t bring you this far to leave you. He can turn things around, bring a breakthrough, restore your health and happiness, and cause your business to take off. Rise up in faith and say, “God, I’m not going to give up. I’m believing to see glorious things, miracles again, the dream come to pass, the problem resolved. I know that You always finish what You start.”

A Prayer For Today
    “Father, thank You for being the God of miracles who does glorious things. Thank You for the assurance that the work You’ve started to do in my life will be brought to completion. I declare that I will not give up my trust in what You can do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

Prayer For Guidance

Mighty Lord, there are marvelous things that I do not know, nor can I comprehend: things that happen in my life, and things that happen in my friends’ lives, and things that happen in the world. I pray to be thankful when I hear of all of them, to appreciate everything that comes across my path. So often life hurts, and I get angry or upset; I do not understand, yet you ask me to be thankful for everything, and have faith.

So I thank you now, Lord, for all those occasions when I have forgotten or have been so caught up in emotions that I could not. Help me to be thankful, I pray, when the rains come on the just and the unjust, that you care so much about me, that the rains come to chasten, to build character and godliness in me. And help me to live as a mirror of your Son, so that I might reach others.

Amen.
  • Start Prophesying Victory

Today's Scripture
    Then Balak’s anger burned against Balaam. He struck his hands together and said to him, “I summoned you to curse my enemies, but you have blessed them these three times.” (Numbers 24:10, NIV)

King Balak of the Moabites offered a prophet named Balaam a lot of money to put a curse upon the Israelites. But God told Balaam, “What I have blessed, you cannot curse.” When Balak continued to press Balaam, not only did Balaam refuse, but God had him start speaking blessings over the Israelites, how they would succeed and accomplish great things.

Notice that when God puts the commanded blessing on you, it doesn’t matter what somebody else says or does. All that matters is the Creator of the universe put His blessing on you, and everything else is of no effect. They can speak defeat all day long, but here’s the key: they are powerless to change the blessing on your life. When the enemy tries to curse your future with negative words and negative thinking, do like Balaam. Start prophesying victory, prophesy favor, prophesy health, prophesy abundance. When you walk in obedience, God’s blessings will chase you down and overtake you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the commanded blessing that You have put on my life because I belong to You. Thank You that Your blessing will override any force that’s trying to hold me back. I believe that as I keep honoring You, Your blessings will chase me down and overtake me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for Faith During this Day

Holy God, I am weak, and sometimes the way grows fearsome; for this world is filled with evil, hiding at every corner, ready to steal my precious joy in You, craving to destroy my soul. Help me to keep my faith today, through every trial and doubt I face. Stay close to me; Holy Spirit, abide in me and make your presence known in everything I see and do. Give me strength the whole day through, mighty God, in the name of Christ I pray,
    Amen.

Today's Scripture: Exodus 13:17-18
    The Hebrews Depart Egypt

"When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near. For God said, “Lest the people change their minds when they see war and return to Egypt.” But God led the people around by the way of the wilderness toward the Red Sea."
  • Sing a New Song

Today's Scripture
    “Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare…Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the end of the earth.” (Isaiah 42:9–10, ESV)

In today’s Scripture, God is saying that the things you’ve been struggling with are coming to an end—the disappointment, the hurt, the bad habits. He’s about to put a stop to it and do a new thing.

But if you’re going to see the negative come to an end and God do a new thing, you have to sing a new song. You can’t go around with that same old song of who hurt me and how wrong it was. No more singing about what you can’t do and how it’s never going to work out. No, get rid of that song of defeat and self-pity and start singing a song of victory.

“I know God’s turning it to my advantage. He’s turning my mourning into dancing. He’s armed me with strength for this battle. I will lose this weight. I will break this addiction.”

Is there something you need to get over today? Make this decision: no more excuses.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are worthy of my worship and new songs of praise. Thank You that I can put the old sad songs of defeat behind me and start singing songs of victory. I declare that this is a new day, and my dreams and vision are being renewed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Benediction

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you”; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever.
    Amen.

<click here for link>
  • What Do You Want?

Today's Scripture
    “Be quiet!” the crowd yelled at them. But they only shouted louder, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!” When Jesus heard them, he stopped and called, “What do you want me to do for you?” (Matthew 20:31–32, NLT)

It seemed obvious what the blind men needed. Why did Jesus ask them? Because He wanted to see what they were believing. They could’ve said, “Jesus, we just need cash for some food.” If they had asked from a limited mentality, it would have kept them in defeat. Instead, they asked big. They said, “Lord, we want to see.” They were saying, “We know You can do the impossible.” When Jesus heard their request, He touched their eyes, and instantly, they could see.

God is asking us the same question: “What do you want Me to do for you?” Now, how you answer is going to have a great impact on what God does. Don’t say, “God, help me endure my job. Help me get by.” No, dare to ask big. “God, I want to see my whole family serve You.” “God, I want to pay off my house loan.” Ask for your dreams. Ask even for things that seem impossible.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that just as You restored the sight of the blind men, You can do the impossible in my life. Thank You that I can bring You the desires of my heart. Help me be bold to ask You for the big things only You can make happen. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer For Mercy

Beholder of all, I have sinned against you, in thought, word and deed; erase the record of my offences, and write my name in the Book of Life. Have mercy upon your creatures and upon me, a great sinner. In the name of Christ I pray.
    Amen.

<click here for link>
  • All is Well
    Today's Scripture
    “…say to her, ‘Is all well with you? Is all well with your husband? Is all well with the child?’” And she answered, “All is well.” (2 Kings 4:26, ESV)

Second Kings 4 records the story of a mother whose little boy suddenly died in her arms. Yet even when it looked unbearable, she knew that unexpected trouble wasn’t a surprise to God. She immediately set out to get her friend the prophet Elisha. Twice she was asked if her child was well, and she answered, “All is well.” She knew that God could make a way where she didn’t see a way. Elisha prayed for the little boy, and he miraculously came back to life.

We all face unexpected challenges—the loss of a loved one, a personal failure, a layoff, a sickness. It’s easy to get overwhelmed. But rather than complain and go around in self-pity, go deeper and instead have a report of faith, “All is well. God’s in control.” Then because you are rooted in the Most High God, you’ll feel the peace that passes understanding and have the strength to endure what should have taken you out.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are the Most High God who sees every unexpected and uncertain circumstance I will ever face. I declare that my peace and strength are in You, and my roots are firmly set in You. All is well today and forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

Prayer: For an Open Heart

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always,

Amen.

Scripture for Today: Job 38:1-13

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, saying:
    “Who is this that darkens my counsel, using words without knowledge? Gird your loins like a man; for I am going to ask questions, and you are going to answer me.

Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you know, who marked off its measurements? Surely you know that! Who stretched the guide string? Where were its foundations fastened, and who laid the cornerstones, while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted with joy?
  • Be Slow to Speak

Today's Scripture
    My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. (James 1:19, NIV)

When somebody gets on your nerves and you feel annoyed, you can’t just pop off and say everything you feel. You need to step back, take a deep breath, and think about what you’re going to say. Don’t speak out of your emotions and let your tongue run wild. Be disciplined and calm down. Some things are better left unsaid. You don’t have to win every argument, or comment on every situation, or set everyone straight. Even when you know they’re wrong, ask yourself, “Is this worth fighting over?” Just bite your tongue and let it go.

Do you know how many headaches you could save yourself if you would just zip it up and not make hurtful comments you’re going to regret later? It takes seconds to say it, but years later the pain may still be felt. It’s much better to be slow to speak, to think about what you’re going to say, and never damage your relationships.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your goodness, love, and faithfulness in my life. I know that my words are powerful and that I must be disciplined to not speak out of my emotions. I choose to be slow to speak, slow to become angry, and quick to let things go. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Presence of God

O God, be present with me always, dwell within my heart. With thy light and thy Spirit guide my soul, my thoughts, and all my actions, that I may teach thy Word, that thy healing power may be in me and in all the saints of thy church universal.

Amen.

<click here for link>
  • When God Shoots You Out

Today's Scripture
    The LORD took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the LORD. (Ezekiel 37:1, NLT)

In today’s Scripture, the word carried means “to shoot out, to launch forward.” It implies acceleration. As God carries you through life, it’s not always going to be routine, predictable, little by little. There are times when God is going to shoot you out and propel you years down the road. He’ll give you a break that you don’t deserve. He’ll cause you to meet the right person. He’ll turn a problem around when you didn’t see a way.

Your destiny is bigger than you’ve dreamed. You may feel as though you’ll never get to where you’re supposed to be. When God shoots you out, you’re going to make up for lost time. No person, no bad break, no unfair situation, and no organization can stop you. The doors that are going to open, the people you’re going to meet, and the opportunities that are coming your way are going to be bigger, better, more rewarding that you’ve ever thought possible.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for being a God who makes up for lost time. I believe that You will accomplish my dreams faster than I thought possible, and my future is bright because this is my time for acceleration. I believe that You will bless me beyond my dreams. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer of Penitence

Almighty God, who does freely pardon all who repent and turn to Him, now fulfill in my contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace; forgiving all my sins, and cleansing me from an evil conscience; through the perfect sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord. And turn my heart to your will at every moment, I pray.
    Amen.

<click here for link>
  • Failure is an Event

Today's Scripture
    But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:11, NIV)

In life, we’re all going to have times where we fall, make mistakes, and blow it. But too often, we get our performance mixed up with our identity. You may have failed, but you are not a failure. That’s what you did. Failure is an event. That’s not who you are. You are a child of the Most High God. You’ve been handpicked by the Creator of the universe. God is not judging you by your setbacks. Maybe you’ve blown a relationship, had an addiction, or done something you’re not proud of. Don’t let that become your identity. God’s mercy is bigger than any mistake that you’ve made.

Your sins have already been forgiven. Every mistake you’ve made and ever will make has already been paid in full. The real question is, will you receive God’s mercy? You don’t have to go around feeling guilty, not excited about your future. You are free. You are clean. You are restored.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that Your love and forgiveness for me is not based on my performance but upon the fact that I am Your child. Thank You that every mistake I’ve made and ever will make has already been paid in full by Jesus. I believe I am cleansed and free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • <click here for link>

Prayer for Ash Wednesday

Almighty and everlasting God, who hates nothing you have made and forgives the sins of all who are penitent: Create and make in me a new and contrite heart, that I may begin this season of fasting and remembrance of your suffering, by truly lamenting my sins and acknowledging my wretchedness.

I pray that the ashes we use to symbolize the beginning of Lent may truly remind me that from dust I came, and to dust I will return, and that only by your victory over your suffering is it possible for me to find eternal peace and life. I pray for the grace of Christ, that I may obtain of you, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness of all the sins of this life; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Amen.
  • Be an Open Book

Today's Scripture
    Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:23–24, NKJV)

When the father in today’s Scripture cried out, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” he was being honest and vulnerable. Jesus could have said, “Sorry, but you have doubts.” But when you’re honest with God and get down to the real you—the scared you, the lonely you, the insecure you—God will begin to change things.

We think that when we have it all together, no fears or doubts or struggles, then we can be honest with God and He will accept us. But God is not waiting for the ideal you, for the future you, for the no-doubts you, for the cleaned-up you. God is waiting for the real you. He has mercy for every mistake, grace for every weakness, and faith for every fear. Our attitude should be, “My life is an open book. God, You know everything I am and everything I’m not. Make me, mold me, and change me where I need to be changed.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You never fault me for being honest about my struggles, my doubts, my weaknesses, and my fears. Thank You that You love me as I am, and You want the real me to come to You. I have nothing to hide. Make me, mold me, and change me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”