Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• To Walk in the Path

Dear Lord, I don’t know who or what will cross my path today. But I do know that You are my rock and my fortress. You are my shield and my strong tower. Help me to anchor myself to You today. Teach me how to stand strong in You and choose only Your way today. Help me walk by Your truth and not my feelings. Help me to embrace anything that comes my way as an opportunity to see You at work and as opportunity to point others to You. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ,

Amen.
  • Increase in Favor

Today's Scripture
    And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man. (Luke 2:52, ESV)

Did you know that one way our faith is released is through our words? There is a connection between speaking God's favor and receiving His favor. You can increase in favor. It's not enough to just believe you have favor or expect favor; you have to take it one step further and declare favor.

Every day you should declare, I have the favor of God. I have favor on my business, my finances, my family, and my health. When you speak something out, you're giving it the right to come to pass. When you're in a difficult situation, instead of complaining about it, you need to declare, the favor of God is turning this around.

His favor is bringing healing, freedom, vindication, and victory into my life. It's one thing to think it, but when you declare it, things begin to happen in the unseen realm. You've hoped, you've prayed, you've believed that's good but it's time to start speaking favor.

A Prayer for Today
    Father, thank You for the gift of Your favor that I can freely receive and increase in. Thank You that Your favor is endorsing me, bringing me to prominence, and taking me to new levels. I believe and declare that Your favor is bringing me whatever I need at this very moment. In Jesus Name, Amen.
  • Grow Through It

Today's Scripture
    I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.' (Isaiah 46:10, NIV)

Sometimes we look at the painful times in our lives when we're hurting, we're lonely, we're undergoing medical treatment and think they can't be a part of God s plan.

You have to trust that even then, God doesn't make any mistakes. He's already designed your life down to the smallest detail. God didn't promise that there wouldn't be any pain, suffering, or disappointment. But, He did promise that it would all work out for our good.

The key is what you do in your times of pain. Difficulties, heartache, suffering they don't leave us the same. If you go through a divorce or a legal battle, or if you have a friend who betrays you, eventually you will get through it, but you will be different.

You can come out bitter, or you can come out better. You can come out with a chip on your shoulder, or you can come out with a greater trust in God. My challenge is, don't just go through it; grow through it.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that there is a purpose for whatever pain comes my way, and You only allow what You know will work for my good. Thank You that though I may not understand it now, You will use it to shape my life for the better. I believe I will grow through it. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Exodus 20:1-3,The First Commandment

And God spoke all these words, saying:
    “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.”

Prayer for Faith During this Day

Holy God, I am weak, and sometimes the way grows fearsome; for this world is filled with evil, hiding at every corner, ready to steal my precious joy in You, craving to destroy my soul. Help me to keep my faith today, through every trial and doubt I face. Stay close to me; Holy Spirit, abide in me and make your presence known in everything I see and do. Give me strength the whole day through, mighty God, in the name of Christ I pray,

Amen.
  • Eagles or Crows?

Today's Scripture
    Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:9, NIV)

God has put favor connections in your life people who have what you want, who are further along. Are you overlooking them? Or are you intimidated by their success so you hold back?

God put them there so you could connect. If you will honor them and learn from them, then because you're connected to someone with more favor, more influence, and more vision, that favor will flow down to you. You will see new doors open, influence in greater ways, and promotion that you couldn't have reached on your own. It will come because of a favor connection.

You cannot hang around with chickens and reach your destiny. You can't spend all your free time with crows, people who complain, or with turkeys, people who have accepted mediocrity. You need people who are soaring like eagles, people who are taking new ground, people who are out of debt, people who think bigger than you, and people who are exposing you to levels that you've never seen.

A Prayer for Today
    Father, thank You that You have already lined up these favor connections for me. Thank You for the people You've set in place to help me go further. Help me to disconnect from people who are hindering my growth and to connect with people who are favored. In Jesus Name, Amen.
  • Today is the Feast of Saint George!

Traditional Prayer of St. George

Almighty God, who gave to your servant George boldness to confess the name of our Savior Jesus Christ before the rulers of this world, and courage to die for this faith: Grant that we may always be ready to give a reason for the hope that is in us, and to suffer gladly for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Amen.
  • Remember Your Dream

Today's Scripture
    May he grant your heart's desires and make all your plans succeed.(Psalm 20:4, NLT)

We all have dreams we're believing for, but we may have hit some setbacks. Our dreams can get buried under discouragement, past mistakes, rejection, failure, and negative voices. It's easy to settle for mediocrity even when we have all this potential buried inside.

Your dream may be buried, but it's still alive. It's not too late to see it come to pass. The key to reaching your destiny is to remember your dream. What has God put in your heart? What did you used to be excited about? Why do you think it's too late, it's too big, or it's not possible? Get your passion back. You haven't missed your opportunity or had too many bad breaks. Stir up your faith. God is going to resurrect what you thought was dead.

You may have tried and failed, but dreams that you've given up on are going to suddenly come back to life. God has the final say. He hasn't changed His mind.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You put in my heart. Thank You that I can stir up my faith and know that You can resurrect what I may have thought was dead. I declare that it is never too late to see my dreams come to pass because You have the final say. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Exodus 20:4-6
    The Second Commandment

"You shall not make for yourself a carved image — any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

Penitential Prayer

My Lord God, creator of all that is, king of all who live, mighty in power and abundant in love beyond human imagination; I enter your presence in the sorrow of my sins against you, confessing all that I have done against your holy Word. I have offended you; I have harmed my neighbor; I have harmed myself. My attempts to hide my sin from others and to rationalize it to myself are futile: For you know all things.

I admit the sin I have tried to hide. And where I still cannot admit it, I ask your Holy Spirit to show it to me. I confess and deeply repent the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused to you, to others, to myself.

Forgive me for all of my sin, merciful God, through the mystery of salvation, by your grace that came through your only Son, Jesus Christ. From the bottom of my heart, I swear my love for Him. He is my Lord and my Savior, and I cast myself utterly upon your mercy in His name.
    Amen.

<click here for link>
  • It's All in the Plan

Today's Scripture
    In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will. (Ephesians 1:11, NIV)

It's easy to go through life wondering how things are going to work out, hoping we make the right decisions, and being stressed over our finances. You don't have to worry about your future. Your life is divinely orchestrated. God has already laid out the plan.

The apostle Paul says God is working all things according to His will. It's not according to who likes you, how much talent you have, what family you come from, or even how many mistakes you make. It's according to His will. He is behind the scenes not only directing your steps, but directing the steps of the people you need. He's not just in control of your life, He's in control of your circumstances.

Nothing happens randomly. You are not at the mercy of setbacks. You don't have to get upset because a door closed. God wouldn't allow it if it wasn't on your blueprint. It's not going to keep you from your purpose; it's leading you to your purpose.

A Prayer for Today
    Father, thank You for Your promise that You will work out Your plans for my life. Thank You that I can stay in peace knowing that You are working behind the scenes and directing the outcomes. Help me to be patient and know that You are bringing me into my purpose. In Jesus Name, Amen.
  • Hymn to God

I bending my knee
    In the eye of the Father who created me,
    In the eye of the Son who purchased me,
    In the eye of the Spirit who cleansed me,
    In friendship and affection.

Through Thine own Anointed One, O God,
    Bestow upon us fullness in our need:
    Love towards God,
    The affection of God,
    The smile of God,
    The wisdom of God,
    The grace of God,
    The fear of God,
    And the will of God
    To do on the world of the Three,

As angels and saints do in heaven;
    Each shade and light,
    Each day and night,
    Each time in kindness,
    Give Thou us Thy Spirit.

Amen.

* John 3:1-8 *
    Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit. . . .”
  • Single Day Turnaround

Today's Scripture
    And Pharaoh declared to Joseph, I, the king of Egypt, swear that you shall have complete charge over all the land of Egypt. (Genesis 41:44, TLB)

After thirteen years of being imprisoned in Egypt for a crime he didn't do, there was nothing in Joseph's circumstances that looked as if he would ever accomplish his dream of ruling a nation. But one day Joseph was called before Pharaoh to interpret Pharaoh's dream, and Pharaoh was so impressed that he made Joseph the prime minister of Egypt.

On the previous day, if you had told Joseph this would happen, he would have said, Are you kidding? Don t you see these bars? You may be in an unfair situation that seems as though it's never going to turn around. You don't need everyone to be for you; you just need the right people to be for you.

God has already lined up people in positions of influence who will open doors you couldn't open and bring you opportunities and promotion that you didn't see coming. As was true for Joseph, you don't have to find them, they will find you. It is the hand of God in your life.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that what so often looks like trouble or a setback is really Your hand moving me toward Your purpose. Thank You that what's unfair is going to push open doors and bring opportunities I could never experience without it. Help me to be patient while You work things out. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Psalm 143:1-2, 7-8

Hear my prayer, O Lord,
    Give ear to my supplications!
    In Your faithfulness answer me,
    And in Your righteousness.

Do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
    For in Your sight no one living is righteous.
    Answer me speedily, O Lord;
    My spirit fails!

Do not hide Your face from me,
    Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
    Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
    For in You do I trust;

Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
    For I lift up my soul to You.
  • Keep It on the Outside

Today's Scripture
    If you are angry, don't sin by nursing your grudge. Don't let the sun go down with you still angry get over it quickly. (Ephesians 4:26, TLB)

It's okay to feel anger, to feel hurt, to feel disappointment, but it's not okay to let those feelings stay. You can't take them in so close to your heart that that's all you think about, and you wake up the next morning upset, wanting to pay somebody back, not excited about your future.

If you keep thinking about it, reliving the hurt, and dwelling on what they said, you're allowing it into your heart. You have to guard your heart from that. Keep it on the surface, on the outside don't bring it into the secret place of your heart. When you face opposition, trouble, and bad breaks, that's when it's easiest to let anger and bitterness in.

In those times when you don't understand it, come back to the place of peace, the place of trust. Don't let what's outside get inside. Your heart needs to stay positive, hopeful, peaceful, and at rest. Keep God on the throne.

A Prayer for Today
    Father, thank You that there is a secret place in my heart where You dwell and where I can abide in peace. Help me guard against all the negative things that try to get in. I can't stop the circumstances around me, but I will stop the anger and bitterness from getting in me. In Jesus Name, Amen.
  • Prayer of Penitence

Almighty God, who does freely pardon all who repent and turn to Him, now fulfill in my contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace; forgiving all my sins, and cleansing me from an evil conscience; through the perfect sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord. And turn my heart to your will at every moment, I pray.

Amen.
  • Take the High Road

Today's Scripture
    And Laban said to him, Please stay, if I have found favor in your eyes, for I have learned by experience that the LORD has blessed me for your sake. Then he said, Name me your wages, and I will give it. (Genesis 30:27 28, NKJV)

For many years Jacob worked for his father-in-law, Laban, who lied to him, cheated him, and treated him unfairly. Jacob could have walked away in anger, but he took the high road and kept being his best, and Laban's livestock increased abundantly because of the favor on Jacob's life. But when Jacob finally decided to leave, Laban begged him to stay, offering him whatever wages he wanted.

You may have people who haven't kept their word to you. They don't value who you are. Don't be offended. Be a Jacob and keep doing the right thing. They may discount you now, but there will come a time when they recognize they are blessed because of you, and they'll do anything to keep you. When Jacob left, he was not only a very wealthy man, but he left with the respect and the honor that he wasn't given for many years.

God is your vindicator. If you stay on the high road, He'll make it up to you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You see everything that has happened to me. Thank You that I can let go of every unfair thing and forgive quickly before bitterness can come in. I declare that You are my vindicator, and You will make my wrongs right. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Dedication to Service

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus’ name, I pray,

Amen.

Scripture for Today: Galatians 5:19-26

"But when you follow your own wrong inclinations, your lives will produce these evil results: impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, spiritism (that is, encouraging the activity of demons), hatred and fighting, jealousy and anger, constant effort to get the best for yourself, complaints and criticisms, the feeling that everyone else is wrong except those in your own little group—and there will be wrong doctrine, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild parties, and all that sort of thing. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control; and here there is no conflict with Jewish laws.
  • Say No

Today's Scripture
    For the one who sows to his flesh, will reap from the flesh ruin and destruction, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
    (Galatians 6:8, AMP)

When we sow to the Spirit, when we do the right thing when it's hard, we're going to reap blessings, favor, increase, abundant and eternal life. But if we keep giving into our fleshly, carnal desires, doing whatever we feel - I feel lazy, so I'm taking a sick day. I feel like compromising, so I'm giving into this temptation. I feel like staying up all night and being on the internet, so I'll skip classes tomorrow you'll only reap ruin and destruction.

But when you discipline yourself to take the high road, when you tell your flesh no, you're sowing to the Spirit. It may not happen overnight, but if you keep making those choices, a great harvest is coming. The next time your feelings tell you to get upset, to be offended, or to compromise, just say, No, you're not my boss. You don't control my life. I'm going to do what s right and become all I was created to be.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can choose to be disciplined and say no to the flesh and its desires. Thank You that every day I can take my feelings off the throne and allow Your Spirit to control my life. Help me to sow to the Spirit and do what's right. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done.

Amen.
  • What's in Your Future?

Today's Scripture
    How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. (Psalm 31:19, NIV)

Sometimes we act as though God has a limited supply of favor, but He has unlimited resources. When God laid out the plan for your life, He put in it everything you need to fulfill your destiny. He's already lined up the right people, the right breaks, favor, and increase. If you keep honoring God, you'll come into a stored-up blessing at the right time. You won't have to go after it; it will find you.

What God has destined for you can't go to anyone else. When you understand this, it takes the pressure off. You don't live frustrated, wondering when a dream is going to come to pass, worried that a problem is not going to work out, or jealous because a friend got a promotion. You stay in peace knowing that what has your name on it isn't going to go to anyone else. You know your time is coming. You know that God will get you to where you're supposed to be.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the abundance of good things You have stored up for me. Thank You that when I keep You first place and honor You, blessings will chase me down and overtake me. I believe my times are in Your hands, and You have some surprises in my future. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for Those Troubled by Sin

Holy god, Lord most gracious!
    Rebuke me not in your anger, nor chasten me in your wrath!
    Holy you have called me to come to you.
    I feel unworthy, for I have failed you again and again.
    I feel like running away, yet you keep calling me.
    Have mercy on me, and all of us, O God.
    Have mercy!

Holy God, Father most gracious!
    Rebuke me not in your anger, nor chasten me in your wrath!
    Heal me from my sin, for I am troubled.
    Deliver me for the sake of your steadfast love.
    My sins trouble me, O God.
    I am troubled by how they have hurt others.
    I am troubled by how they have hurt myself.
    Your ways are right! O righteous God!
    And whenever I have failed to follow them
    I have found out how right they are.
    Have mercy on me, O God.

Holy God, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    have mercy on me for the sake of your Son,
    who died to free us from our sins.
    To you be honor and glory!

Amen.
  • The Reward of Integrity

Today's Scripture
    A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. (Proverbs 22:1, NIV)

Your reputation is one of the most valuable things you have. You can have great riches and yet be despised, looked down on, and seen as shady. But when you're a person of integrity, other people say, I can trust them. They always do the right thing. They're honest, fair, and consistent. They don't talk one way and live another way.

Your name is too important to let it become tarnished by not having integrity. A life of integrity will take you much further than being dishonest and manipulating. You can't fudge on your taxes or turn in an exaggerated expense account and expect God's favor. You may gain some material things, but you lose with God. He controls the universe. There's a lot we can get away with, hide, manipulate, and exaggerate. People may not see it, but God does. Anything you gain without integrity won't be what it should have been. Be honest. Be trustworthy. Be a person of your word.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are not limited to seeing me as other people see me. Thank You that You see my heart, and You know my faithfulness to You. Help me to live a life of integrity. I want my life to stand out as one who brings You praise. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer: The Love of Christ

Oh holy Christ, I thank you and love you for seeing who I really am. You know things about me that I don't even know myself, for you see with the clear eye of God, and not through the psychological tangle of human emotion and self-deception as others see me and I see myself. I most especially thank you, I fall upon my knees in gratitude, that you love me despite all of the sin and ugliness you see in me. You can see my beauty and heart, also, though, and love me as nobody else possibly could.

Like a father, you love me. Like a perfect brother, you love me. Knowing that you see me so clearly, and yet love me enough to suffer torture and death to save my soul, transcends my comprehension. I would be sick with shame, except that you have forbidden it, and by the power of God forgive my wrongdoing.

I give myself to you wholly, freely; every part of me blesses you. Take me to your bosom, holy Christ; let me live your love and reflect your light, that others may see a dim reflection of your magnificence in my lowly life, and that despite my many grievous faults, I might please you by doing better today, and every day. And this I vow: I will try, at least once today, to take a step closer to you, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.
  • Release Your Faith

Today's Scripture
    When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me! (Mark 10:47, NIV)

When a blind beggar named Bartimaeus heard that Jesus was passing by, he started to shout, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me! Technically, Jesus was the son of Joseph and Mary. Bartimaeus called him the Son of David, which was the Old Testament messianic title, because he recognized Jesus as the Messiah. When he cried out to Jesus, he was saying, You are my Messiah, my deliverer, my healer, the Most High God. Have mercy on me! Jesus stopped in His tracks.

I can imagine Him thinking, Here's someone who knows who I am, someone who believes I have all power, someone who's expecting My goodness. His faith is real. When Jesus healed Bartimaeus, He said what He's also saying to us, Your faith has made you whole. Your faith is going to turn things around, open the right doors, and bring unexpected favor. Keep expecting it. God is passing by. Release your faith. It's going to happen sooner than you think.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that just as You restored the sight of Bartimaeus, You can do the impossible in my life. Thank You that I can bring You the desires of my heart. Help me be bold to ask You for the big things only You can make happen and to release my faith. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Sunday Prayer to Christ

Oh Christ, you are continually worshiped in heaven and on earth, in all times and at all hours; you are patience, compassion and mercy; you love the righteous, you have mercy on sinners, and you call all men to salvation, promising them all things to come:

Receive my prayers, this Sunday, as I celebrate Your resurrection; make my life conform to your will; sanctify my soul and body, order my thoughts, and give me victory in all trials and sadness, both today and in the week to come; protect me and bless me, and all of those who worship you this day, so that we may come to unity of faith and knowledge of your glory. For you live and reign, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, God now and forever,

Amen.

<click here for link>
  • Stop the Leak

Today's Scripture
    The start of a quarrel is like a leak in a dam, so stop it before it bursts. (Proverbs 17:14, MSG)

One of the biggest challenges we all face is getting along with other people. We have different personalities, different temperaments, and come from different backgrounds. When somebody doesn't agree with us, or they're doing what we don't like, it's easy to quarrel with them, try to straighten them out, and prove our point. Before long we're at odds, mad at each other, and offended. You can feel the tension and stress. What's happened? We've allowed strife in.

When we let our guard down and say things that are disrespectful, hurtful, and demeaning, we damage our relationship and open the door to strife. That's why the Scripture says, Give no place to the enemy. Strife can't just come in whenever it wants; you have to open the door. To never have an argument or say a wrong word is not reality, but when we allow strife to become common we're constantly arguing, saying hurtful things, being disrespectful, we're headed down the wrong path. Stop strife before it bursts and tears relationships apart.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the promise of blessedness when I take the high road and am a peacemaker in relationships. Give me wisdom to know when to keep my mouth closed and overlook something that bothers me. I recognize the destructive power of strife and give no place for it. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Thanks for God’s Mercy

O Lord, you are compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. You have not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is Your lovingkindness toward those who fear You. As far as the east is from the west, so far have You removed our transgressions from us.

All glory, all thanks be to You, wonderful God, who has by Your Son put away our sin, and cleansed us, that we might dwell with You forever.

Amen.
    adapted from Psalm 103
  • Remember Your History

Today's Scripture
    He replied, The LORD, before whom I have walked faithfully, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success. (Genesis 24:40, NIV)

When Abraham was old and close to death, he told his assistant to travel back to his hometown to find his son, Isaac, a wife. The assistant asked him how he would know if it was the right girl, and Abraham was saying, "Don't worry because I have a history with God. I've seen His faithfulness over and over down through the years. I am confident it will happen. I have walked with God and seen His goodness."

Instead of wondering if something's going to work out, worrying about your health, or stressing out over your finances, remember your history with God. Look back at what He's done. As Abraham did, you'll see times when God brought a promise to pass that looked impossible, He provided when you didn't see a way, He showed you mercy and turned a situation around. Whatever you face, keep walking in faithfulness and be confident that He will do it again and make your journey a success.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that Your hand has been upon my life in so many ways. Thank You for the countless things You have made happen for my good that I could never make happen. I believe You are protecting me and will make my journey a success. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Where Is Your Focus?

Today's Scripture
    For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you. (2 Chronicles 20:12, ESV)

King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah were surrounded by three major armies. They could have panicked, but instead Jehoshaphat called people together to pray. He didn't deny the facts or act like the problem didn't exist. He admitted they were powerless, but he followed it up with, "But our eyes are on You, God. You are all-powerful."

When you keep God on the throne, you'll be in peace when you could be panicked. You'll be praising when you could be complaining. God told Jehoshaphat to march toward the enemy, and he appointed singers of praise to walk ahead of the army. The Lord worked a mighty victory, and they didn't even have to fight.

Your problems may look too big, and you may be powerless, but you have the "Most Powerful Force" in the universe on your side. Keep God on the throne. You may not know what to do, but when your eyes are upon Him, He'll make a way where you don't see a way.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are in control of all the situations in my life, and You are fighting my battles. I choose to guard my mind from worrisome, anxious thoughts that trap me in negativity and discouragement. The throne of my life is reserved for You. In Jesus Name, Amen.”
  • Ancient Prayer: Jesus Wash My Feet

Jesus, my feet are dirty. Come even as a slave to me, pour water into your bowl, come and wash my feet. In asking such a thing I know I am overbold, but I dread what was threatened when you said to me, “If I do not wash your feet I have no fellowship with you.” Wash my feet then, because I long for your companionship.
    Amen. (by Origen of Alexandria, 220 A.D.)

Prayer for Devotion

I pray to you, dearest Jesus, for all the graces I need to know you, to love you and serve you faithfully unto death, and to save my soul. Give me a tender and fervent devotion to your sacred passion by which I was redeemed, venerating you each day in prayer, and teach me how to unite sorrows and sufferings of my life with your own.

Amen.
  • Don't Go by Your Circumstances

Today's Scripture
    Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety? (Genesis 17:17, NIV)

Sarah was over ninety years old when she gave birth to Isaac. This is way too old in the natural, but we serve a supernatural God. He can make a way where you don't see a way. Don't talk yourself out of your dreams. Don't give up on what God promised you. You can still give birth. You can still meet the right person, still start your own business, still go to college, and still break the addiction. That seed is alive in you.

Here's the key: You can't judge what's in you by what's around you. All of Sarah's circumstances said, You'll be barren your whole life. You're too old. No woman your age has babies. It's impossible. If she had believed that lie and let that seed take root, the miracle birth would never have happened. You can draw in the negative with your doubt or you can draw in God's blessings with your faith. Don't let what you see around you cause you to give up on your dreams.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I am not limited by my circumstances. Thank You that what surrounds me does not determine the seeds of greatness You have placed within me. I believe that the supernatural plans You have for me are going to take me where I could never go on my own. In Jesus Name, Amen.”