Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Ascend

Today’s Scripture
    "Who may ascend onto the mountain of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place?" (Psalm 24:3, AMP)

Did you know that you are meant to rise high in heavenly places? You are meant to stand with God in His Holy place? But notice that in order to ascend, we have to make sure we have clean hands and a pure heart. How do we do that? First of all, only the blood of Jesus can make us clean and new. Once we receive Him as our Lord and Savior, we have to choose every day to stand against the contaminating forces of the enemy that would try to hold us down.

It all starts in our thought life. We have to guard our thoughts by guarding what we allow to influence our thoughts. We can't just watch any old thing on TV. We can't just listen to any old conversation. We have to make sure that what we allow into our minds is pleasing to the Lord because what we allow into our minds will eventually filter into our hearts. If we are going to ascend, we have to have higher thoughts; we have to have a higher way of living. Choose today to ascend so that you can partake of the blessing the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, today I choose higher thoughts. I choose higher living. Help me to guard my heart and mind so that I can live a life that is pleasing to You. I bless You today and always in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • For a Heart Open to God’s Word

God, as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.

Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always, Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture Today: Acts 16:25-34
    About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was an earthquake, so violent that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened. . . .
  • Keep No Record

Today’s Scripture
    "…and [love] keeps no record of being wronged." (1 Corinthians 13:5, NLT)

The Bible says that God is love. He doesn’t just have love, He is love. The love we have is an extension of Him. When you invite Jesus to be the Lord of your life, the Bible says that He actually makes His home in your heart.

Think about that for a minute. The Creator of the universe, who cannot be contained by anything, chose to make His home on the inside of your heart. That means that perfect love is on the inside of you. First Corinthians 13 tells us what that looks like. When we are walking in God’s love, we are patient. We are kind. Love always forgives. That means choosing to let go of bitterness, hurt and anger.

If you have a mental list of all the people who have hurt or offended you, let it go. Let His love work in you and through you today.

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for loving and setting me free. Thank You for choosing to live on the inside of my heart. Show me if I am holding on to unforgiveness in any area so that I can forgive and walk in peace and victory today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • Song of Praise (based on Psalm ????

O Lord my God, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, who am I that you are mindful of me, who are any of us that you should guide and protect us?

Yet you have made us in your image, a little lower than the angels, and crowned us with glory and honor we do not deserve. You have given us dominion over the works of your hands and put the earth beneath our feet; you have given us dominion over the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea. O Lord my God, I praise you for your gifts to me. How majestic is your name in all the earth!
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture Today: Exodus 32:30-35
    The Golden Calf

The next day Moses said to the people, “You have sinned a great sin. And now I will go up to the Lord; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.” So Moses returned to the Lord and said, “Alas, this people has sinned a great sin. They have made for themselves gods of gold. But now, if you will forgive their sin — but if not, please blot me out of your book that you have written.”

But the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me, I will blot out of my book. But now go, lead the people to the place about which I have spoken to you; behold, my angel shall go before you. Nevertheless, in the day when I visit, I will visit their sin upon them.”

Then the Lord sent a plague on the people, because they made the calf, the one that Aaron made.
  • Post deleted #12387547
  • Destined for Blessing

Today’s Scripture
    "For we are His workmanship [His own master work, a work of art], created in Christ Jesus [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, ready to be used] for good works, which God prepared [for us] beforehand [taking paths which He set], so that we would walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us]." (Ephesians 2:10, AMP)

You are destined for blessing! Are you living the good life that God has prearranged for you? Everything you need to live as an overcomer is inside of you by the power of the Holy Spirit. As a believer, there are seeds of success on the inside of you. There are blessings in store for you. If you’ll get into agreement with God in your thoughts, attitudes, words and actions, then you will be positioned to receive all of His spiritual blessings.

Choose to start your day by declaring what God says about you. Declare, “I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am healthy and strong. I have favor. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I am the head and not the tail, above only and not beneath.” Friend, when you start speaking like that, all of heaven takes notice. Your faith activates His plan for your life. Angels are dispatched on your behalf. Blessings are set in motion. Before you know it, you are living the good life He promised and moving forward into the destiny of blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for loving me and setting me up for blessing. I choose to speak Your truth over my life so that I can be all that You’ve called me to be. I honor You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • A Penitential Prayer

All-merciful Lord, have mercy upon all Your faithful, on those who are mine and on those who are strangers; on those whom I know and on those whom I know not; on the living and on the dead; and forgive all my enemies, and those who hate me, the trespasses that they have committed against me; turn them from the malice which they bear towards me, that they may be worthy of Your mercy. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner.
    Amen.

~ St. Nersess the Gracious, 12th century

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: James 1:19-26
    "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you."
  • File it Away

Today’s Scripture
    "Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me." (Psalm 131:1, NKJV)

When things happen in your life that you don’t plan, do you find yourself trying to reason it all out or look for a “file,” so to speak, in your mind to put it in? What happens when you can’t reason it out or make sense of it all?

Here’s the answer: Every one of us needs to create a file in our thinking called the “I Don’t Understand It” file. When things come up that don’t make sense, things that you can’t figure out, instead of getting frustrated or confused, put it in your “I Don’t Understand It” file and leave it alone.

If you go through life trying to figure out why something bad happened or why things didn’t work out, it will cause you to become bitter and stuck in life. Part of trusting God means trusting Him when things don’t make sense because we know that His plan is always for good. We have to know that He will reveal all things in His time—even if that means in eternity.

Is there something that didn’t make sense in the past that you know you need to file away? Choose to trust God. Choose to keep moving forward. Know that He loves you, He is for you, and He has a great plan for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I surrender my past. I surrender my need to have all the answers, and I choose to trust You. Fill me with Your peace. Fill me with Your grace and compassion as I press forward into the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Thanks Be to God

Today’s Scripture
    “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

God promises to always lead us into victory! That means, no matter what you are facing, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life.

Put some action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party.

When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback that will make you stronger and better than you ever were before!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian (350 A.D.)

O Lord and Master of my life, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Today's Scripture: John 17:20-26

“The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.”
  • Don't Miss the Season of Grace

Today’s Scripture
    "For the turning away of the simple will slay them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them." (Proverbs 1:32, NKJV)

God will never ask you to do something without giving you the ability to do it. You may get passive or complacent and think, “Yes, I know I need to do that. Maybe next week.” Well, next week turns into next month. Next month turns into next year.

When we put off what God has told us to do, we miss that season of grace. But if you’ll deal with things as soon as God brings them to light, you’ll have a special grace, a special empowerment. You’ll feel God’s enabling power helping you to do it.

Today, is there something you’re putting off? Something you know in your heart that you are supposed to do? Don’t let the season of grace pass. Don’t let complacency destroy you. Your destiny stands before you. God has something amazing in your future. Be bold; be strong. Step out in faith, be obedient, and embrace the good things God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the grace to do exactly what You’ve called me to do. I choose to step out in faith; I choose to follow Your commands. I choose to be faithful because I know that You are faithful. I love You and bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer To Spend this Day in Thankful Reverence

Holy Father, Holy God, I come before you today in reverence and awe; I am filled with humility in the face of your greatness, your majesty, your holiness, and your power. And to acknowledge my sinfulness in the face of your pure and holy presence fills me with fear.

Yet I pray boldly, for you have called me and adopted me as your rightful heir, through the sacrifice of your Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I give you thanks for your mercy with every ounce of my being, and pray that your Holy Spirit might be with me, that I might do your will in every thought and action this day; and that the work of my hands and the words of my tongue might seek your glory, and not my own.

And I promise, with your help and grace, to be fearless in the world; for if you are with me, who can be against me? Let me not hesitate to call upon you, for your power and love will see me through anything this world can bring against me. All thanks and praise be to you, almighty God.

In the name of Christ, I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture Today: Exodus 33:7-23

"When Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent, and the Lord would speak with Moses. And when all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would rise up and worship, each at his tent door.

Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent."
  • Saying What David Said

Today’s Scripture
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

“I’m God’s masterpiece. I’m wonderfully made. I’m talented. I’m original. God has given me everything that I need.” That’s what David was saying in Psalm 139. He praised God for making him in an amazing way and declared that what God had done was wonderful. Is that how you started your day?

Most people think they are being humble by putting themselves down. They say, “Oh, I’m not that talented. It was no big deal.” But really, we should be bold like David and say, “I’m amazing. I’m a masterpiece. God made me, and He doesn’t make junk! I am equipped, I am empowered, and I am talented!”

Today, make the decision to stop putting yourself down; stop focusing on your flaws and comparing yourself to others. Your Creator says “you are a masterpiece.” It’s time to get in agreement with God and realize how much He loves you. It’s time to realize how special you are. Make the shift by changing your words and start by saying what David said!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I do praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Thank You for equipping me for every good work. Thank You for showing me Your love in a new way as I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer of Resolve

I bind myself to you this day, oh Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture Today: Romans 3:9-18

"What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! We have already established that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. As it is written: . . .
  • Garment of Praise

Today’s Scripture
    "And provide for those who grieve…a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

What are you wearing today? Not on your physical body, but what’s covering your mind and emotions? Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?"

If you’ve recently gone through a hurtful or disappointing situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve. It’s important to go through that process and release the hurt to God. But the Bible also says that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness or despair. He wants to exchange your hurt for His healing. He wants to fill you with His peace and joy.

Are the garments of yesterday holding you back and weighing you down? Maybe it’s time to exchange that heaviness for His garment of praise. Maybe it’s time to release those heavy burdens. It’s time to forgive those who have hurt you and begin to praise your way to victory! Just start right now by thanking Him for the life you have today. Thank Him for the opportunities today has to offer. Thank Him for the beautiful sunrise. When you wear that garment of praise, you’ll stand strong and display His splendor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You asking that You take my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Love Others Today

Oh holy Christ, who has commanded us to love others as ourselves, and not to judge others, but to look to our own sins rather than criticizing our fellow man; I pray you to keep your words in my heart when others offend me, for they may fly from my mind when I am gripped by emotion. Many times I judge, many times I feel anger at others, many times I look down upon someone. And even when I show a smile, my heart may yet be filled with sin, anger and malice and jealousy.

I pray to you, mighty Christ, burn your love on my heart. Let me never forget the beauty and peace of loving my fellow man. Help me be sincere in choosing good over evil. Let me seek my glory in you, Lord Christ, instead of in my own image. Soften my heart so that I feel true sympathy; so that I value others just as I do myself.

May your Holy Spirit, who is with me, guide me in everything I think and do, this day, throughout the coming week, and always. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Psalm 112

"Praise the Lord!

Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
    Who delights greatly in His commandments. . . ."
  • Daily Benefits

Today’s Scripture
    "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits..."(Psalm 68:19, NKJV)

This morning when you woke up, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Maybe you have a deadline to meet or a big appointment at work. Maybe you are facing a challenge or going through a difficulty in a relationship that seems to consume your thoughts.

Today, I want to encourage you; instead of focusing on what your circumstances have to offer, focus on what God has to offer you. His mercies are new every morning, and His compassion never fails. He has victory in store for you today; He has provision in store for you today; He has joy in store for you today, and He has peace in store for you today. He daily loads you with blessing!

The key to accessing these daily benefits is setting your focus in the right direction. You can’t wait to see how you feel, what kind of mood your spouse is in, what the traffic is like, or what the stock market is doing. No, you have to choose to set your focus by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I am blessed and cannot be cursed! I know God is directing my steps; something good is going to happen to me today!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, today I choose to focus on You. I open my heart and mind to receive Your daily benefits. Show me ways to be a blessing to others and a good example of Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer of Praise and Thanks

Oh God, you know every blade of grass that grows, every sparrow that dies, every act and thought of the seven billion people here on earth. The hundred billion stars are yours and you made them, and you watch them, and the vastness of space and the countless galaxies, you know. You know my coming in and my going out, my thoughts and dreams and schemes, my countless little sins and lies, my kindnesses and my cruelties, my prayers and my curses.

Your knowledge is utterly beyond my comprehension, Lord. And yet, despite all of this, you have promised to know me, to be with me, to listen to me and help me and, if I only ask for it in the name of your Son, to forgive me when I offend you.

I praise you above all else, Mighty God; for the wonderment of your existence and the unfathomable size and complexity of your creation. And above all, my love and obedience are yours; I give them to you now and forever, in gratitude for your greatest gift, the sacrifice of your blessed Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen.
  • He Will Multiply You

Today’s Scripture
    "And I will make My covenant (solemn pledge) between Me and you and will multiply you exceedingly…" (Genesis 17:2, AMPC)

God is in the multiplication business. It doesn’t matter what your need is today, God wants to increase you! One time in the Old Testament, God simply multiplied the sound of four men’s footsteps and caused them to sound like a mighty army. When their enemies heard them coming, they took off running. There were thousands of enemy troops running for their lives, scared to death, thinking they were being attacked by a massive army when, in fact, it was just four people!

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent and your income. You don’t have to figure it all out. All you have to do is put your trust in Him. If you will release your faith and get up every day expecting God’s far and beyond favor, you’re going to see God multiply you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for Your promise to bless and multiply me. Direct my steps, keep me close to You as I increase in You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Turn My Mind to Heavenly Things

Lord Jesus Christ, who returned from this world to the Father and loved those who were here in this world, make my mind turn from worldly preoccupations to the contemplation of heaven, to despise everything transitory and to yearn only for celestial things, and to burn with the glowing fire of your love. And you, Lord, who deemed yourself worthy to wash the feet of your holy apostles with your sacred hands, cleanse also my heart by pouring in the radiance of the Holy Spirit, so that I may be able to love you, our Lord Jesus Christ, in all things and above all else.
    Amen.

11th century prayer, tr. Bernard Muir
  • Protected by Love

Today’s Scripture
    "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there." (James 3:16, NKJV)

All throughout Scripture, God commands us to love. First Corinthians tells us that love is the greatest thing. Love is all that matters on this earth, and it's all that will last in eternity.
    But did you realize that we are protected when we walk in love? When we are selfish or self-seeking, the Scripture tells us that it opens the door to confusion and every evil work. But when we walk in love, when we choose to put others first, when we choose to be patient and kind and walk in unity, we are protected by love. We close the door to the plans of the enemy in our lives.

Today, check your love walk. Read 1 Corinthians 13 and see if you emulate the characteristics of love.

Remember, love is not a feeling; it's a choice. Receive His love, walk in it, and find His supernatural grace and protection.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come before You today asking that You search my heart. Remove any selfish way in me and help me to always walk in love. Thank You for protecting me through Your promises in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer of Love

God, my Father, may I love you in all things and above all things. May I reach the joy which you have prepared for me in Heaven. Nothing is good that is against your will, and all that is good comes from your hand.

Place in my heart a desire to please you and fill my mind with thoughts of your Love, so that I may grow in your wisdom and enjoy your peace.

Amen.
  • That I may find money for me to buy a new pc
  • Hiding in the Right Place

Today’s Scripture
    "In the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock." (Psalm 27:5, NIV)

Have you ever watched children play hide and seek? They look for the best place to hide in the house or yard and wait quietly for their friend to try to find them. It’s a fun game for kids, but even as adults, we need a good place to hide from time to time.

Sometimes we need a place of refuge, we need a place of safety, and we need a place to rest when we feel overwhelmed by the circumstances of life—a place where the enemy of our soul can never find us.

The good news is that God has the perfect hiding place for you! You don’t have to hide in your job. You don’t have to hide in relationships. You don’t have to hide in food or addictions because God Himself promises to hide you! He freely offers you shelter from the storms of life any time you call upon His name.

Remember, there’s only one place the enemy cannot find you. There’s only one place where opposition cannot steal from you. There’s only one true place of safety and rest for your soul, and that is in the arms of Jesus. Know that He loves you, and He is ready to receive you when you call upon His name!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I come humbly before You giving You all that I am. Thank You for hiding me in Your shelter and keeping me safe from the storms of life. My soul finds rest in You as I seek You and praise Your holy name in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Glory to God

How glorious you are in the nature of your world, O Lord. Each day, your creatures awake to new life and joyfully sing your praises with a thousand tongues. You are the source of life, the destroyer of death. By the light of the moon, the night birds sing, and the valleys and hills lie like wedding garments, white as snow. All the earth is your promised bride awaiting her spotless husband. If the grass of the field is like this, how gloriously shall we be transfigured in the coming of your kingdom! How splendid our bodies, how spotless our souls! All praise to you for your power and mercy, now and forever,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Today's Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10-13, 17 (ESV)

"I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. "
  • He Wants to Surprise You

Today’s Scripture
    "If you will listen diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you...all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…" (Deuteronomy 28:1-2, AMPC)

A surprise is simply something good that you weren’t really expecting. It’s something that makes you feel special and lets you know that someone is thinking about you. Surprises bring us joy and lift our hearts. Your heavenly Father wants to surprise you and overtake you with His goodness. He wants to do things that make your life easier and lets you know how much He loves you.

The word “overtake” can also be translated “to catch by surprise.” Your heavenly Father longs to be good to you—He wants to catch you by surprise! He wants to help you accomplish your dreams and overcome your obstacles. He wants to amaze you with His goodness and mercy. We should wake up every morning with the attitude, “I can’t wait to see what God is going to do today!”

Make room in your heart and mind for what God wants to do in your life today. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. As you do, you’ll see His surprises. You’ll see His hand of blessing overtake you and bring you to new levels in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, I open my heart and mind to You right now. Fill me with Your goodness and overtake me with Your blessings. I honor You today and invite You to use me to be a blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • The Fruit of Our Words

Today’s Scripture
    “I create the fruit of the lips...” (Isaiah 57:19, KJV)

Your words are like seeds. They have creative power. In the future, we will all eat the fruit of our words. Our words are going to produce exactly what we’re saying.

That’s why it’s so important to make positive declarations over our lives every single day. We should say things like “I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am talented. I am creative. I am wise.” When we do, we are standing in agreement with God’s Word and sowing good seed. We are preparing our future for when we arrive.

Today, make sure you are sowing good seed with your words. Speak God’s Word which is truth that will set you free. Let His Word fill your heart and mind and direct your mouth with what to say. Set yourself up for success in your future and pave the way for victory with your words today!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free. Help me to guard my words and sow good seed into my future. I choose to hide Your Word in my heart. Keep me close to You and direct my steps. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
  • The Fruit of Our Words

Today’s Scripture
    “I create the fruit of the lips...” (Isaiah 57:19, KJV)

Your words are like seeds. They have creative power. In the future, we will all eat the fruit of our words. Our words are going to produce exactly what we’re saying.

That’s why it’s so important to make positive declarations over our lives every single day. We should say things like “I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am talented. I am creative. I am wise.” When we do, we are standing in agreement with God’s Word and sowing good seed. We are preparing our future for when we arrive.

Today, make sure you are sowing good seed with your words. Speak God’s Word which is truth that will set you free. Let His Word fill your heart and mind and direct your mouth with what to say. Set yourself up for success in your future and pave the way for victory with your words today!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free. Help me to guard my words and sow good seed into my future. I choose to hide Your Word in my heart. Keep me close to You and direct my steps. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for Those Who Mourn

Almighty Holy Spirit of God, bringer of all mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal graciously, I pray, with all those who mourn [and especially ___], who cast every care upon you, that they may know the consolation of your love; through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Prayr to Find Contentment

Lord of hosts, I acknowledge that Your will is good and acceptable and perfect. Yet I often find myself wrestling with it, because I have my own ideas about how to order my life and what would be best for me, my family, my friends and my career. But I know that when I try to determine the content of my life, I set myself up for disappointment, because the only criterion I can use to see how well I am doing is comparison with others. And when I do that, it leads to a lack of contentment and the temptation to covet what other people have that I do not.

I confess that it is only when I look to You to determine the content of my life that I know the contentment that comes from the realization that only You know what is really best for me, and that You are committed to bringing it about for my own long-term good.
    Amen.

~ by Ken Boa
  • Anxious for Nothing

Today’s Scripture
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (Philippians 4:6, NASB)

So many people today are living uptight, worried and anxious about the future, filled with frustration and concern. In the natural there may be good reason, but understand, that is not God’s best. God doesn’t want us to live in anxiety and frustration; He wants us to live in peace. You can find rest in Him knowing that no matter what is happening around you, God Almighty has His hand on you.

The next time you’re tempted to worry or be anxious about something, remember this verse. God invites us to come to Him. In fact, the Bible says He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. But notice, we can’t just come to Him any old way. He wants us to come to Him with a heart of gratitude and thanksgiving.

Begin by simply saying, “Father in heaven, thank You for the privilege to come before You. Thank You for hearing my prayers.” As you come to Him with an open and humble heart, He will hear you and fill you with His peace and joy all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, today I choose to be anxious for nothing. I choose to set aside my worries and concerns. I thank You for Your faithfulness to meet every need in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."