Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Run Your Race

Today’s Scripture
    "…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…" (Hebrews 12:1-2, NKJV)

It’s easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us. When we see someone who’s more talented, better looking or has more gifts, instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes we feel inferior and think, “I’ve got to catch up to them.” The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it’s a never-ending cycle.

There will always be someone ahead of us. But it’s a very freeing thing when you realize, “I’m not competing with you. I don’t have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself. I don’t have to keep up with my co-worker. I don’t have to be a certain size. No, I understand that I’m not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I’m going to be the best me that I can possibly be.”

Friend, that’s an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be, that’s when you’ll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,
    I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.
    Amen!

~Lynn Robinson
  • Prayer to Live in Sympathy with Others

Blessed Lord Jesus, who wept with Mary and Martha when their brother Lazarus had died, may I ever take your love and sympathy for humanity into my heart. As Paul prayed in Romans, “May I rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep.”

Soften my heart towards all, heavenly Lord, my enemies and my friends, my family and those who offend me. May I see the humanity of all my fellow men, rather than their sinfulness, and replace the fist of criticism with the opens arms of Christian love. By your grace, Lord Christ, I dare to ask your help in overcoming my hard heart,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture Today: Matthew 5:20-26

“For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. . . .
  • You Are Priceless

Today’s Scripture
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made…" (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

A few years ago, I was having dinner with some people in their home. I noticed some paintings on the wall. To me, they weren’t very impressive. In fact, some of them looked like they had been painted by a child. They were abstract and modern, and it appeared like paint had been just thrown here and there. But later that evening, the owner mentioned how he had paid over a million dollars for just one of those paintings. I looked at it again and thought, “Wow! That is beautiful, isn’t it?”

I found out it was an original that was painted by the famous artist Pablo Picasso. What dawned on me that night was not so much what the painting looked like, but rather who the artist was. A painting gets its value from its creator.

In the same way, your value doesn’t come from what you look like, what you do or who you know. You are a masterpiece! Your value comes from the fact that Almighty God created you. You are priceless!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for creating me and instilling value in me. I receive Your love for me. I receive Your strength and power to be all that You’ve called me to be in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • For Those Who Have Died, and Those Who Mourn

Almighty God, Father of all mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal graciously, I pray you, with those who mourn, that casting every care upon you, they may know the consolation of your love and the safety of those who have departed this life in the faith and fear of Christ.

And look after all such souls, I pray, (and especially _______________), that they may be reunited with their loved ones when Christ gathers the faithful to him. In the hope and faith of the resurrection, I give all of my confidence to you and you only, oh mighty God, that you will bring all of your saints to rest, where there is neither sickness, nor sorrow, nor sighing, but life and joy everlasting.

Amen.
  • The Land of Hope

Today’s Scripture
    “...my flesh also will dwell in hope.” (Acts 2:26, ESV)

Where are you dwelling in your heart today? In other words, what are you expecting to happen in your life? What kind of attitude do you have? If your thoughts are stuck and you’re focused on what’s wrong or what’s not working, then it’s time to make a move! It’s time to pack up your belongings and move out of the land of discouragement. It’s time to move out of the “Not-going-to-happen” subdivision and move out of “Can’t-do-it-ville.” It’s time to pack your bags and move into the land of hope, faith and expectation!

Every time you catch a negative thought--instead, dwell on God’s promises, it’s like you are packing your bags. Every time you declare God’s faithfulness, you are taking a step in the right direction. The Bible says that those who hope in the Lord will never be put to shame. As you turn your focus toward Him, you are dwelling in the Land of Hope—a land where His peace, blessing and victory reside.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. Thank You for taking me to the land of hope! I choose to set my mind on You, knowing that You are faithful. I release the past and invite You to fill me with Your peace, blessing and victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for Goodness (based on Psalm 1)

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of your law, so that we might know our sin, and your Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short: Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and let me never replace the truth which you have put into my heart with the clever words of men. Through Christ I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Today's Scripture: Matthew 5:21-26

. . . So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
  • Just Ask

Today’s Scripture
    "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7, NIV)

Is there an area of your life that you need God’s help in? A lot of times, it’s easy to think that we’re not supposed to ask for too much, but the Scripture encourages us to go to God with all our needs. He longs to give you the desires of your heart and pour out His favor and blessing on you.

In fact, the apostle James said, “You have not because you do not ask” (James 4:2). When you step out and ask for God’s favor, His blessings and His increase, you are activating your faith. And when you pray, ask Him to search your heart and mind. See if there is any unforgiveness that is blocking your prayers and affecting your relationship with Him. The other person may have been wrong, they may have hurt you deeply, but there is nothing on this earth that is worth losing your peace with Almighty God.

Today, when you pray, choose forgiveness and don’t let anything stand in the way of the good things God has in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I humbly come to You and surrender all that I am. I ask that You pour out Your favor and blessing on me. Show me Your goodness and love and position me to be a greater blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Thinking God’s Thoughts

Today’s Scripture
    “No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit.” (1 Corinthians 2:11, NLT)

When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God’s Spirit becomes one with us and makes His home in us. His thoughts and power dwell in us. One of the ways God empowers us is through our thinking and our imagination. He wants to direct our thoughts because our thoughts set the direction for our lives. If we think God’s thoughts, we will get God’s results.

How do we know which thoughts are God’s? Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the Word of God will make it clear. When your thoughts line up with His promises, you can be sure that you are thinking His thoughts!

Today, choose to focus on God’s Word which is His thoughts. Let Him empower you through your union with Him. Meditate on the Word and confess His promises over your life. Think God’s thoughts and see His results in your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I submit my mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to align myself with Your Word. Thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and empowering me to live the life of victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Forget the Former Thing

Today’s Scripture
    "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." (Isaiah 43:18, NIV)

Too often, people spend so much time and energy dwelling on the past, dwelling on mistakes, or dwelling on disappointments. They don’t even realize that their focus is keeping them from moving forward in life. But in order to fully experience God’s blessings, you have to let go of those past hurts. You have to forget the former things to make room for the new.

God has a new beginning in store for you, and the way you prepare for it is by getting rid of the old. Don't spend time focusing on where you’ve been; spend time focusing on where you’re going. When you “forget the former things,” it means you’re not worried about the past anymore. You don’t allow it to dictate your future. You may remember past events, but you don’t feel the pain like you used to. You’ve opened your heart to receive God’s healing.

Begin today by declaring that your past is over! Forget the former things and receive the restoration and victory God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for the life of blessing and victory You have prepared for me. I choose to forget the past. I choose to forgive. I choose to open my heart to You and receive everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Sunday

O God, who for our redemption gave Your only begotten Son to the death of the cross, and by His glorious resurrection delivered us from the power of our enemy: grant us so to die daily to sin, that we may evermore live with Him in the joy of His resurrection.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 1:11-19
    The Creation of the Plants and Stars

And God said, 'Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.'

And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day. . . .
  • Handpicked by God

Today’s Scripture
    "...[in His love] He chose us in Christ [actually selected us for Himself as His own] before the foundation of the world, so that we would be holy..." (Ephesians 1:4, AMP)

Before you were ever born, before the very foundation of the earth, God knew you, planned for you and chose you! He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life; maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued. But remember, God won’t ever overlook you! In fact, He handpicked you. He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself.

Meditate on this truth today: You are God’s most valued possession. You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He has given you the gifts and abilities that you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the treasure He’s placed within you.

Remember, you are handpicked by God and nothing can change His love for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for loving me today. Help me to understand Your love so that I can show Your love to those around me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Confidence

My God, I am filled with fear, fear of the power of the world, fear of other men, fear of death; even though I profess confidence in my forgiveness and the eternal life you have promised to all who confess the name of Christ Jesus, I fear.

Forgive me for my imperfect faith, I pray; by the power of the One who had perfect faith, forgive me. And strengthen me, O Holy Spirit of God, strengthen me by the truth of your Word and the power of conviction, that I may fear only the power of God and walk through this day in perfect peace.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 5:29-30

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."
  • Dwell in Safety and Trust

Today’s Scripture
    "In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." (Psalm 4:8, AMPC)

All throughout Scripture, God has promised to be your Protector, Defender, your Strength, your Shelter and so much more. Even when the storms of life come against you, as long as you are dwelling in Him, you dwell in safety and trust—nothing can take away your peace and joy.

What does it mean to dwell in Him? One of the definitions of the word “dwell” means to keep your attention directed toward something. The more you keep your attention directed toward God, the more you will know Him, and the more confidence you will have in Him. When you focus your heart and mind on the Word of God and declare His promises over your life, you are dwelling in Him. When you lift your voice in worship and give Him glory and honor, you are dwelling in Him. When you spend time meditating on Him and connecting with Him through prayer, you are dwelling in Him.

Are you facing a difficult situation? Give your attention to the Father. Do you need His peace and protection? Focus your heart and mind on Him. As you dwell on Him, you will see His goodness, and you’ll live in peace and victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for Your promise of peace and safety in my life. I choose to give my attention to You. Have Your way in me and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
    In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
    In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
    In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
    When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
    When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
    When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
    When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
    When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
    Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.
    Amen.

~Anonymous
  • Prayer for Holiness

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, do not permit vanity, self-love, sensuality, carelessness, nor anger to rule over me and steal me from Thy love, O my Lord and Creator, all my hope! Do not leave me without a portion of the blessed eternity. Grant also that I may follow Thy Holy example, that I may submit to the authorities placed over me. Grant me the clean soul, the simplicity of heart that makes us worthy of Thy love.
    Amen.

https://dailyprayer.us/daily_devotion.php?day=4433

Scripture for Today: Matthew 5:31-32

“It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
  • He is a Rewarder

Today’s Scripture
    “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

God is a rewarder! Notice this verse doesn’t say that God rewards those who “deserve” it or have “earned” it. It doesn’t say that God rewards those who act perfectly and never make mistakes.

No, God’s blessing isn’t based on our performance, it’s based on our faith—our belief in Him and His goodness. In fact, one verse says that He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness.

Spend time today meditating on His goodness and dwelling on His faithfulness. Read His Word and spend time in the Psalms. Praise and thank Him for all He is doing and what He will do in your life. Let His Word shape your thoughts; and remember, He is a rewarder! Because He is good, He wants to bless you when you earnestly seek after Him!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for filling my heart and mind with faith. You are good, and You are a rewarder. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You have blessings in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • The God Kind of Faith

Today’s Scripture
    "And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20, ESV)

Faith is all around us. People have faith in so many different things: faith that a friend will be true, faith that your job is taking you on a certain career path, faith that the chair you are sitting on is going to hold you up!

Faith is simply believing in something. But there are different kinds, or levels, of faith. I've discovered two kinds of faith—a delivering faith and a sustaining faith. Delivering faith is when God instantly turns your situation around. When that happens, it's great. But I believe it takes a greater faith and a deeper walk with God to have sustaining faith.

Sustaining faith is when God takes you through the difficulty. You are filled with doubt, anxiety, fear, and bitterness. But when you know that God is in control, and even if you go through the difficulty, you know He will take care of you. You can say, "God, I don't care what comes against me, I don't care how long it takes, this thing is not going to defeat. I know that You loved me and gave Yourself for me. As long as You are for me, that's all that matters."

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, today I humbly open my heart to You. Use me for Your glory and have Your way in my life. I choose to believe in You and invite You to believe through me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life.

Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 5:33-37

"Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black.

Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil."
  • Right this Way!

Today’s Scripture
    “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” (Psalm 37:23, KJV)

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord! Many people today might find it difficult to see themselves as “good” in the eyes of God, but did you know that in the original Greek, this word means “strong” like a warrior?

In other words, when you stand strong, when you are willing to fight the good fight of faith, you are giving God something to work with. He is ordering your steps. He’s making a way when there seems to be no way. He’s clearing a path for you, and He is delighting in you. That means He is pleased with your attitude of courage. He is pleased that you are taking a stand for what is right. He is pleased that you are putting Him first place and relying completely on Him.

Remember, God loves your passion for Him. He loves it when you come boldly to His throne of grace. He is honored when you stand and fight the good fight of faith. If you are facing difficulty today, know that God wants to lift you up and give you His strength. Receive it by faith today. Dig your heels in knowing that He is ordering your steps; and when God is leading you, He’s always leading you in the path of victory!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for giving me Your supernatural joy and strength. I choose to stand strong in You no matter what is going on around me. I choose Your ways and thank You for ordering my steps. I bless You and praise You for Your goodness and faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for God’s Help

Lord God, Enlighten what is dark in me,
    Strengthen what is weak in me,
    Mend what is broken in me,
    Bind what is bruised in me,
    Heal what is sick in me,

Revive whatever peace and love that has died in me.
    Restore me, Father God, as you would have me,
    That I may better serve you
    And show your Glory to all the world.
    In the name of Christ, I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 5:38-42

"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.”
  • Enter with This

Today’s Scripture
    "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name." (Psalm 100:4, NKJV)

What an amazing privilege we have to enter boldly into God’s presence. Scripture says that we can come to His throne of grace and receive His mercy. Because He loves us, He has given us unlimited access to Himself 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. But notice that today’s verse tells us that we shouldn’t just come any old way to God. We shouldn’t come empty-handed to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. What can we bring? What do we have that’s worthy of Almighty God? Our praise. Our thanksgiving. Our worship. We are to enter His gates with an offering from our hearts of adoration because He is worthy!

Praise isn’t just about singing songs on Sunday mornings. Praise is the expression of gratefulness to Father God for Who He is and all that He has done. Praise gets God’s attention. Praise is a powerful tool in the life of the believer because God inhabits our praises! When we enter His presence the right way, He enters our circumstances; and when God shows up, the enemy must flee! Today, enter into His gates with thanksgiving and open the door for Him to move on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I come to You today with thanksgiving in my heart. I enter into Your courts with praise. Today I declare that You are good, and Your mercy endures forever! Have Your way in me by the power of Your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Faith

Give us, Lord, a lively faith, a firm hope, a fervent charity, a love of you. Take from us all lukewarmness in meditation, dullness in prayer. Give us fervor and delight in thinking of you and your grace, your tender compassion towards us. The things we pray for, good Lord, give us grace to labor for: through Jesus Christ our Lord,
    Amen.

~ Sir Thomas More, 16th century

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: John 2:1-1

On the third day there was a wedding at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus also was invited to the wedding with his disciples.

When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

Now there were six stone water jars there for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. And he said to them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the feast.” So they took it.

When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now.”

This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. And his disciples believed in him.
  • Dream It, Believe It, Live It!

Today’s Scripture
    "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..." (Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Learning to walk in the destiny God has for you is a process. The first step is to get a vision, a clear picture from God that you can see. The next step is to trust Him – to believe in faith that it will happen. And then finally, you take a step of faith and live out what God has promised no matter what your circumstances or people around you have to say. First you dream it, then you believe it, and then you live it. Every dream I’ve ever received from God has followed this same pattern.

We see in scripture that even the great men and women of the Bible walked through this process. They had to overcome doubts; they struggled on their journey, but they held fast to what God said knowing that He is faithful to complete what He started in us!

Today, if you are having a hard time believing that what God has promised will come to pass, understand that you are in a process. Don’t empower doubt with your words. Instead, keep declaring that He who promised is faithful! Keep the vision in front of you knowing that it is for an appointed time. Dream it and believe it because it won’t be long until you are living the blessed life God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for choosing and equipping me to fulfill my destiny. I receive Your promises by faith knowing that You who began a good work will be faithful to complete it in my life. Thank You for Your peace and guidance every step of the way in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Forgiveness

Lord, I have betrayed you by following my own way; I have denied you by fearing to follow yours; and I have mocked you by not taking your death seriously. I sometimes feel like I am lost. Let your forgiveness find me. Hold me in your strong arms and give me your new life. Live in me and with me this day, that I may by your power find forgiveness and be made ever anew, reborn from above, living fully in your Spirit every minute. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray,
    Amen.
  • Continually

Today’s Scripture
    “I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Psalm 34:1, KJV)

When you wake up in the morning, do you expect the goodness of God in your life? Do you set the tone of the day for success, favor and blessing with your words?

Scripture tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. That’s why it’s so important to declare praises to God all throughout the day. Things may be bad all around you, people may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don’t let that spirit rub off on you. The worse it gets, the brighter you’re going to shine.

The good news is that no matter how you feel, no matter what’s going on around you, you can choose your words. There’s nothing that can stop you from constantly speaking His Word!

Today, be determined to set the tone for your day, week, month and year by continually praising God and speaking words of faith over your future. Remember, when you put God first, He promises to honor you. He will pour out His favor on you and lead you into life, health, strength and blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness at all times in Jesus’ name. Amen!”
  • No Condemnation

Today’s Scripture
    "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:1, NKJV)

Jesus came to break the curse of sin, shame and condemnation in our lives. He came so that we could see things the way God sees them. Do you know how God sees you?

He sees you as valuable. He sees you as strong. He sees you as capable, talented and trustworthy. The voice of condemnation says exactly the opposite. Condemnation is a loss of value. It’s the accusing voice of the enemy that says, “You’re not good enough…you’ll never be good enough...you’re a failure.”

Condemnation is never from God. The Bible tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. When you embrace and declare God’s truth in your life, you activate His power to overcome the voice of condemnation.

No matter how you may be feeling, wake up every morning and declare that the Greater One lives in you. Declare that you are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Declare that He loves you and has called you according to His purpose. Choose to see yourself as valuable, the way God sees you. Embrace His truth so that you can overcome condemnation and live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for setting me free from condemnation. Thank You for believing in me and filling me with Your vision for my life. Help me to see my life the way You see it in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Thirst for God

Lord God, I have tasted your goodness and it has satisfied me, yet it has made me thirst for even more. I am so painfully aware of my need for even more grace than I now enjoy; and even when I do not want more, I am ashamed of my lack of desire. I want you completely, mighty God, and I want to want you even more than I do.

Fill me with longing for you; make me even thirstier. Show me your glory, I pray, so that I may know you always better and better, growing in my faith and love. From your infinite mercy, begin a new work of love within me this moment. Say to my soul, ‘Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away.’ And give me grace to rise up and follow you, from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.
    Amen.

~ adapted from a prayer of A. W. Tozer

<click here for link>

Today's Scripture: Matthew 5:43-48

"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.”
  • What Can God Do Through You?

Today’s Scripture
    ..."The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!" (Judges 6:12, NKJV)

Many people feel inadequate to do anything for God. But God doesn’t see you as inadequate. He sees you as complete, lacking nothing in Him!

In the Scripture, Gideon was hiding out from his enemies. He was afraid and didn’t feel equipped to do what God called him to do. Gideon was focused on his circumstances and his limitations, but God was focused on what He could do through Gideon. Gideon felt weak; God saw him as strong. Gideon felt unqualified; God saw him as competent to do the job. Gideon felt insecure and full of fear; God saw him as fearless and full of boldness. Sure enough, when Gideon obeyed God, against all odds, he ended in victory!

You may feel that you’re average. You may think you’re ordinary, but God sees you as a champion. He believes in you and regards you as a strong, courageous, successful, overcoming person. You may not see yourself that way, but that doesn’t change God’s image of you. God still sees you exactly as His Word describes you.

Dare to start seeing yourself as God sees you—as a victor!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for giving me a spirit of boldness. Thank You for giving me a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. I yield myself to You. I yield my heart, my mind and my whole being. Have Your way in me and lead me into Your victory in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer of (St.) Thérèse of Lisieux

O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of Christ Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to His infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of His Merciful Love.

O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Acts 14:8-18

In Lystra there was a man sitting who could not use his feet and had never walked, for he had been crippled from birth. He listened to Paul as he was speaking. And Paul, looking at him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, said in a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet.” And the man sprang up and began to walk.

When the crowds saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates; he and the crowds wanted to offer sacrifice. . . .