Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 19:13-15

Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

But Jesus said, “Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.
  • Get Your Hopes Up!

Today’s Scripture
    "For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope." (Galatians 5:5, NIV)

What are you expecting in life—good things? Bad things? Big things? Little things? Anything at all? God wants you to get your hopes up! The Bible says, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for." One definition of hope is confident expectancy. Did you know that you can't even have faith if you don't first have hope?

Your expectations set the limits for your life. If you never expect anything good, you're never going to receive anything good. If you don't expect things to get better, then nothing will get better. God promises to meet you at your level of expectancy. That's why Jesus said in Matthew 9:29: "According to your faith be it done to you." One translation simply says, "Have what your faith expects."

Make the decision to expect the favor of God in your life! Start expecting to overcome every challenge you face! Start expecting God to meet all of your needs! Live every day of your life filled with anticipation that God is going to bless you exceedingly abundantly above and beyond your wildest dreams!

A Prayer for Today
    "God, I want to grow in my faith this year. I believe that You want the best for me. Help me learn to expect to be blessed and face challenges with the confidence that You will see me through in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Help Others with Their Faith

Lord, I am so full of doubt and sin that I sometimes forget: There is always someone weaker in their faith than I am, some brother or sister whom I can help, someone I can support and lift up in their journey. I pray that I might be aware that my fellow saints may need encouragement and that I be qualified to give it. Let me not be critical or judgmental, but supportive and helpful to those struggling.

And I pray, let me always remember that someone might be hiding a struggle, a fear, a sorrow; let me offer words of encouragement and support freely. Let me remember that there are people who hide their insecurity behind a wall of serenity, or defensiveness, or even antagonism, to whom a word of support might make a world of difference. In Christ’s name, I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 13:14-18

The Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him, “Lift up your eyes and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward, for all the land that you see I will give to you and to your offspring forever. I will make your offspring as the dust of the earth, so that if one can count the dust of the earth, your offspring also can be counted. Arise, walk through the length and the breadth of the land, for I will give it to you.”

So Abram moved his tent and came and settled by the oaks of Mamre, which are at Hebron, and there he built an altar to the Lord.
  • Find Rest

Today’s Scripture
    "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29, NIV)

Sometimes the daily pressures of life can cause unnecessary stress. In fact, many people lose sleep worrying about things or people in their lives. But God doesn’t want us to live stressed out and overwhelmed. He wants us to live a life of rest and peace.

When Jesus walked on this earth, He took time for Himself. He got away from the crowds. He spent time with the Father. That’s how He found rest. He was gentle and humble in heart.

Do you ever notice that when you are stressed out or worrying about something, you’re less tolerant of others? You’re more likely to say something you don’t really mean. Today, God wants you to cast your cares on Him and live with a gentle and humble attitude.

When you release your burdens and follow the example of Jesus, you will find rest for your soul. You will be rejuvenated and refreshed! You will find peace in your heart so that you can move forward in the abundant life God has for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I cast my cares on You. Teach me, Holy Spirit, to have a gentle and humble attitude. Help me find rest for my soul so that I can love others the way You love me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Peace

Holy God, from whom all thoughts of truth and love and peace proceed, and whose Son is rightly called the Prince of Peace; kindle in the hearts of all men the fire of longing for peaceful existence so powerful that they may never long to do violence against another. Guide with pure wisdom those who guide the nations of the earth and the many factions who may find disagreement, that your kingdom may go forward in tranquility and goodness, free of hatred and hostility, until the earth is filled with knowledge of your love. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Revelation 7:9-17

When this was done I looked again, and before my eyes appeared a vast crowd beyond man’s power to number. They came from every nation and tribe and people and language, and they stood before the throne of the Lamb, dressed in white robes with palm-branches in their hands. With a great voice they shouted these words: “Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb!”

Then all the angels stood encircling the throne, the elders and the four living creatures, and prostrated themselves with heads bowed before the throne and worshipped God, saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength be given to our God for timeless ages!”

Then one of the elders addressed me and asked, “These who are dressed in white robe—who are they, and where do they come from?

“You know, my Lord,” I answered him.

Then he told me, “These are those who have come through the great oppression: they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. That is why they now have their place before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple.

He who sits upon the throne will be their shelter. They will never again know hunger or thirst. The sun shall never beat upon them, neither shall there be any scorching heat, for the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will be their shepherd and will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
  • Always Thank Him for Victory

Today’s Scripture
    "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ..." (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God promises to always lead us into victory? That means no matter what you are facing today, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is always on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Praise is putting action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party.

When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback, and you can plan for victory because He is leading and guiding you in Jesus’ name!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Dedication to Service

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus’ name, I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 19:16-22 (ESV)

And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.”

He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?”

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
  • Take Time to Reflect

Today’s Scripture
    "...he leads me beside quiet waters." (Psalm 23:2, NIV)

If you've ever said to yourself, "I don't even have time to think," then you know how hard it is to concentrate when you're being bombarded with noise from all sides. It can be even harder to hold on to peace when we don't make time to read His Word. God doesn't often shout to get our attention.

Instead, the Bible says that He speaks in "a still, small voice" (1 Kings 19:12), which means we need to listen closely. What can you do to put yourself in a position to hear God's voice? The key is to make time every day away from the busyness and distractions.

Find a room in your house, outside under the trees, or some other place where you can be still for a few minutes each day to spend time with Him. As you spend time with Him, He will renew your spirit and restore your peace.

A Prayer for Today
    "God, I want to find those quiet waters of peace where I can get alone with You every day and meditate on You. Thank You for wanting to speak to my heart and show me Your will. In Jesus' Name. Amen."
  • Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 19:23-26

And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”

But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
  • Keep No Record

Today’s Scripture
    "…and [love] keeps no record of being wronged." (1 Corinthians 13:5, NLT)

The Bible says that God is love. He doesn’t just have love, He is love. The love we have is an extension of Him.

When you invite Jesus to be the Lord of your life, the Bible says that He actually makes His home in your heart. Think about that for a minute. The Creator of the universe, who cannot be contained by anything, chose to make His home on the inside of your heart.

That means that perfect love is on the inside of you. First Corinthians 13 tells us what that looks like. When we are walking in God’s love, we are patient. We are kind. Love always forgives. That means choosing to let go of bitterness, hurt and anger.

If you have a mental list of all the people who have hurt or offended you, let it go. Let His love work in you and through you today.

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for loving and setting me free. Thank You for choosing to live on the inside of my heart. Show me if I am holding on to unforgiveness in any area so that I can forgive and walk in peace and victory today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • Prayer to be Reformed

Lord God, I have tried in vain to reform myself, and I have failed. Only you can truly change my heart; and I pray that you will do it, by the power of your Holy Spirit.

Make me your instrument, Holy God. Replace every prideful thought with a psalm, every angry instinct with a prayer of love and forgiveness. Let the sight of me radiate your glory, not mine; let every word that comes from my mouth be music from your harp and every thought in my mind the dove of your Spirit. Inhabit me, infuse me, reform me, that I may live only in Christ, and He in me.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Psalm 85:8-9

I will hear what God the Lord will speak,
    For He will speak peace
    To His people and to His saints;
    But let them not turn back to folly.

Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him,
    That glory may dwell in our land.
  • Observe to Do

Today’s Scripture
    “Be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:7, NKJV)

The Bible has a lot to say about prosperity. Prosperity simply means thriving, vibrant and alive. It’s a picture of vitality. When you are prosperous, you have more than enough to give to others. That means more peace, more grace, more hope, more love.

The key to receiving all these spiritual blessings is found in today’s verse. When we “observe to do” what God has commanded, we are setting ourselves up for success. We are engaging in His system of doing things; and when we do things God’s way, we get God’s results!

Today, “observe to do” what God has commanded. Invite Him to search your heart and mind and remove anything that is displeasing to Him. Put Him first because when you make Him your number one priority, you are setting yourself up to prosper wherever you go!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to put You first place in every area of my life. I submit myself to Your Word that I may follow You and be blessed in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
    In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
    In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
    In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
    When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
    When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
    When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
    When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
    When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
    Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.
    Amen.

~Anonymous
  • Prayer for Mercy

I confess with faith and adore You, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, uncreated and immortal essence, creator of angels, of humans, and of all that exists. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner. Amen.

~ St. Nersess, 12th century

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 19:27-30

Then Peter said in reply, “See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?”

Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.

But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

-- edited by TobbioX on Jun 23 2022, 08:10 AM
  • Really Alive

Today’s Scripture
    "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10, NIV)

A couple of years ago, I was watching the news when Captain Sullenberger successfully landed a jet airplane in the Hudson River. All 155 passengers survived. It’s known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.” A reporter asked one passenger what he thought about it all. He was soaking wet, freezing cold, a little bit frazzled, but he had this incredible glow about him, an excitement in his voice. I’ll never forget what he told the reporter, “I was alive before, but now I’m really alive.”

My question today is, “Are you really alive?” Are you passionate about the life God has given you? Do you get up every morning with enthusiasm, pursuing your dreams? God doesn’t want you to just “be alive” or just exist or endure. He wants you to be really alive! You have seeds of greatness on the inside. There is something more for you to accomplish. Get excited about what God is doing! Lift up your eyes of faith to Him.

Keep hoping, keep believing, keep trusting and keep living because God has a wonderful plan in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day and live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • To Love Others

Holy Lord, give me the grace to embody love for others in spite of what they say or do, and to express the sacrificial love of Jesus by treating others in the way Jesus treated me. My confidence is in You, and I will steadfastly hold fast to You rather than wringing my hands over the evils in this generation. Amen.

(~ Ken Boa)

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 20:1-16
    ** The Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard **

For the kingdom of Heaven is like a farmer going out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. He agreed with them on a wage of a silver coin a day and sent them to work. About nine o’clock he went and saw some others standing about in the market-place with nothing to do. ‘You go to the vineyard too,” he said to them, ‘and I will pay you a fair wage.’ And off they went.

At about mid-day and again at about three o’clock in the afternoon he went and did the same thing. Then about five o’clock he went out and found some others standing about. ‘Why are you standing about here all day doing nothing?’ he asked them. ‘Because no one has employed us,’ they replied. ‘You go off into the vineyard as well, then,’ he said.

When evening came the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the and pay them their wages, beginning with the last and ending with the first.’ So those who were engaged at five o’clock came up and each man received a silver coin.

But when the first to be employed came they reckoned they would get more, but they also received a silver coin a man. As they took their money they grumbled at the farmer and said, ‘These last fellows have only put in one hour’s work and you’ve treated them exactly the same as us who have gone through all the hard work and heat of the day!’

But he replied to one of them, ‘My friend, I’m not being unjust to you. Wasn’t our agreement for a silver coin a day? Take your money and go home. It is my wish to give the latecomers as much as I give you. May I not do what I like with what belongs to me? Must you be jealous because I am generous?’

So the last shall be first, and the first last.”
  • What is Taking Root?

Today's Scripture
    "He answered, 'The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man'." (Matthew 13:37, AMP)

God is constantly trying to plant new seeds of victory on the inside of you. He's trying to increase you. He's trying to enlarge your vision. He wants to take you to new levels of victory. But before you see a harvest, the seed has to take root. You have to conceive it before you are going to receive it. In other words, before you're ever going to be successful, you've got to see yourself successful. Before you're ever going to have your dreams come to pass, you've got to look out through your eyes of faith and see them coming to pass. That's how you allow the seed to take root.

Today, I encourage you to examine your thought life. What are you allowing to take root? Are God's seeds of victory and life growing in your heart and mind, or are you nurturing seeds of defeat and despair? The good news is that you can change your thoughts right now, this very moment. Begin to dwell on God's promises and His goodness. Let His good seeds take root in your mind and heart. It won't be long before you'll see that harvest of blessing come forth in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, today I surrender every area of mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to dwell on Your goodness and faithfulness so that the good seeds You've planted in my life will take root. Keep me close to You and direct my steps down the good path You have prepared for me in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Serve Jesus

I pray to you, dearest Jesus, for all the graces I need to know you, to love you and serve you faithfully unto death, and to save my soul. Give me a tender and fervent devotion to your sacred passion by which I was redeemed, venerating you each day in prayer, and teach me how to unite sorrows and sufferings of my life with your own. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 14:13-16

Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew, who was living by the oaks of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol and of Aner. These were allies of Abram.

When Abram heard that his kinsman had been taken captive, he led forth his trained men, born in his house, 318 of them, and went in pursuit as far as Dan. And he divided his forces against them by night, he and his servants, and defeated them and pursued them to Hobah, north of Damascus.

Then he brought back all the possessions, and also brought back his kinsman Lot with his possessions, and the women and the people.
  • Never Disappointed

Today’s Scripture
    "…those who hope in me will not be disappointed." (Isaiah 49:23, NIV)

What a powerful promise we have from Almighty God! When we put our hope in Him, we will never be disappointed. Of course, that doesn’t mean that things will always go our way. There may be temporary disappointments, but we will never be permanently disappointed. Somewhere down the road, God will cause it to all work out for our good. With God on your side, you will always end in victory!

Are you carrying frustration, worry or aggravation about something? That’s usually a clear sign that your hope is in the wrong place. If you hope in circumstances, it will deplete you of joy and peace. But when you turn those circumstances over to God, when you refuse to worry, when you refuse to allow the temporary things of this world to dictate your happiness, that’s when God can do a work in your life. When you trust in Him, He will make your crooked places straight; He will cause you to mount up with wings like the eagle.

Today, choose to put your hope in the Father. You won’t be disappointed. Trust Him because He is faithful. Find rest for your soul in knowing that He is good, and He has good things in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I give You every frustration, every aggravation, every difficulty. I release total control into Your loving and able hands. Speak to my heart and give me Your peace. Show me Your love as I place my hope in You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Mercy

Spirit of God, true God, who descended into the Jordan and into the upper chamber, and who enlightened me by baptism in the holy font, I have sinned against Heaven and before You; cleanse me with Your divine fire as You purified the holy Apostles with fiery tongues. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner. Amen.

Scripture for Today: Amos 5:18-24

Thus says the Lord, the God of hosts, the Lord:

"I hate, I despise your festivals,
    and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies.
    Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings,
    I will not accept them;
    and the offerings of well-being of your fatted animals
    I will not look upon.

Take away from me the noise of your songs;
    I will not listen to the melody of your harps.
    But let justice roll down like waters,
    and righteousness like an everflowing stream."
  • Open Your Heart

Today’s Scripture
    “...whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” (Luke 7:47, NIV)

Forgiveness is such a powerful gift from heaven above. It’s like a door on our heart. When we choose to forgive, it opens our heart so that we can receive everything God has in store for us. But when we hold onto unforgiveness, bitterness and resentment, it closes up our heart and keeps us from moving forward.

The scripture tells us that if we don’t forgive others, God cannot forgive us. That’s because the door on our heart is closed. If forgiveness doesn’t go out, forgiveness can’t come in. But when we choose to forgive, we open our heart so we can receive His forgiveness and allow His love to flow freely through us. Forgiveness increases our capacity to receive!

Today remember, people will let you down, they will hurt you and disappoint you. Don’t let the actions of others block your relationship with the Father by holding unforgiveness. Instead, choose to forgive so that you can increase your capacity to receive everything He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for forgiving me and setting me free. Today I choose to forgive others so that I can have room in my heart to receive Your forgiveness and love. Thank You for setting me free in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 20:17-19
    ** Jesus Predicts His Death and Resurrection for the Third Time **

And as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside, and on the way he said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem. And the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death and deliver him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day.”
  • Stir it Up

Today’s Scripture
    “Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.” (2 Timothy 1:6, NKJV)

Do you ever feel like you’ve lost your fire or enthusiasm for life? We all have times when we feel overwhelmed by pressures, but that’s when you need to stir up what God has placed on the inside of you.

Remember, there are no disadvantages with our God. You have everything you need to succeed. No weapon formed against you is ever going to prosper; you just have to stir up the gift inside. How do you stir it up? By speaking God’s truth and meditating on His word!

Start right now by simply declaring, “I am going to see God’s favor in a greater way. New doors are going to begin to open for me. Supernatural opportunities are coming my way. God is setting up divine connections for me. I’m always at the right place at the right time. I am going to overcome every obstacle and defeat every enemy. I’m going to see every dream, every desire that God has placed in my heart come to pass in Jesus’ name!”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the dreams, desires and gifts You’ve placed on the inside of me. I choose to stir up those gifts and declare what You say about me. Have Your way in my heart today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Benediction

Lord, support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then, of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 20:20-28

“You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
  • Something Out of Nothing

Today’s Scripture
    “The earth was formless and empty...and God said, ‘Let there be light’” (Genesis 1:2–3, NIV)

Do you need a miracle in your life for something that seems impossible? With man it may be, but we serve the all-powerful God, and He can create something out of nothing! He can make a way when there seems to be no way and open doors that seemed closed forever!

Genesis tells us that in the beginning, God created the heavens and earth, but before He spoke the world into existence, it was formless and void. If God can make the world out of nothing, He can take the empty places in your life and create something beautiful, too! He can speak light into your darkest hour. He can take your formless dreams and give them shape. He can resurrect your dormant gifts and talents! He can make your crooked places straight!

Remember, you are created in the image of almighty God. There’s power in your words, and there’s power when you’re in agreement with Him. Start saying what God says about your situation. Speak life to your broken dreams today. Speak hope into the hopeless places. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy because He will turn things around for you and create something out of nothing!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I trust that You are willing and able to make a way for me where there seems to be no way. Fill me with Your peace and hope. Give me a vision for all You have for me and thank you for making something out of nothing. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
  • Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 14:17-24

Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.) And he blessed Abram (Abraham) and said,
    “Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
    Possessor of heaven and earth;
    and blessed be God Most High,
    who has delivered your enemies into your hand!”

And Abram gave him a tenth of everything. And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.”
  • Beyond Critical Voices

Today’s Scripture
    "Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise…" (Micah 7:8, NIV)

Anytime you set out to do something great in life, there will be critics. If you’re going to be a great business person, coach, student, leader or employee, there will be opposition. The more success you have, the more opportunities there will be for distractions. The higher you go, the more haters will come out.

When you start stretching to a new level and pursuing what God has placed in your heart, the jealous people, the critical people, and the small-minded people come out of the woodwork and start making negative comments, but you don’t have to let that distract you.

If you are under pressure today, if the critical voices are coming against you, know that it’s because you are making a difference. Don’t let them throw you off course. Instead, dig your heels in, set your face like a flint, and say, “I will not get distracted. I will not get drawn into battles that don’t matter. It doesn’t matter what others think; it matters what God thinks!”

Today, look beyond the critics. Stand strong in adversity. Press forward to what lies ahead and win the prize of life that He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, today I choose to let go of the negative voices, offenses and hurts from critical voices. I choose to focus on You and the good plan You have for me. Give me Your peace and joy as I move forward in the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name! Amen."
  • Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, please give me the patience to make it through this busy day with all the hustle, demands and distractions of modern life. Let me find the quiet time to hear your voice and feel your calming presence. I ask this in your son's name. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 20:29-34
    ** Jesus Heals Two Blind Men **

And as they went out of Jericho, a great crowd followed him. And behold, there were two blind men sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was passing by, they cried out, “Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!”

The crowd rebuked them, telling them to be silent, but they cried out all the more, “Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!”

And stopping, Jesus called them and said, “What do you want me to do for you?” They said to him, “Lord, let our eyes be opened.” And Jesus in pity touched their eyes, and immediately they recovered their sight and followed him.
  • What is God Telling You to Do?

Today’s Scripture
    "…And as they went, they were cured and made clean." (Luke 17:14, AMPC)

One time in scripture, there were ten lepers who saw Jesus. They hollered out, “Jesus! Have mercy on us and make us whole!” Jesus could have healed them right then, but instead, He asked them to do something to express their faith. He said, “Go show yourself to the Priest, and you will be made whole.”

It’s interesting that those lepers were not supposed to be around other people. They had to live in colonies because they were contagious and considered unclean. I’m sure they debated among themselves, “Do you really think we should go? I don’t look any better. It’s just going to be a waste of our time.”

But they dared to put action behind their faith. They decided, “Jesus said if we go, we will be well. Let’s go. Let’s take a step of faith.” The scripture says, “As they went, they were made whole.”

Friend, what is God telling you to do in your heart today? Take a step of faith. Put action behind faith.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I choose to trust in You. I choose to be obedient to You. Even when it doesn’t make sense to my natural mind, I will obey You and walk by faith. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me and healing every part of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,
    I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.
    Amen!

~Lynn Robinson