Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Benediction

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 27:57-66

When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him.

And Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had cut in the rock. And he rolled a great stone to the entrance of the tomb and went away. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were there, sitting opposite the tomb.

The next day, that is, after the day of Preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered before Pilate and said, “Sir, we remember how that impostor said, while he was still alive, ‘After three days I will rise.’ Therefore order the tomb to be made secure until the third day, lest his disciples go and steal him away and tell the people, ‘He has risen from the dead,’ and the last fraud will be worse than the first.”

Pilate said to them, “You have a guard of soldiers. Go, make it as secure as you can.” So they went and made the tomb secure by sealing the stone and setting a guard.
  • Called Higher

Today’s Scripture
    "...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us…" (Hebrews 12:1, NLT)

If we are going to live a victorious life in Christ, we have to be willing to deal with anything that is keeping us from being our best. It may be an addiction, a bad habit, or a hot temper. Maybe it’s not getting to work on time, not treating someone right, or having a critical spirit. God is always dealing with us about something, calling us higher. But anytime we go higher, our flesh has to go lower.

If you have an area you struggle in—and we all do—don’t ignore it. Don’t pretend it’s not there or hope it just goes away. You will never conquer what you don’t confront. If you have a problem, get it out in the open. When you have a humble attitude, in faith asking God for help, He will never let you down. If you do your part and deal with it, God will do His part and help you overcome.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for always calling me higher and to lay aside everything that keeps me from being my best. Help me to confront the areas where I struggle. I believe that with Your help, I can overcome and be victorious. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Be Close to God

Mighty Lord, I come before you today to thank You for all the blessings that You have given me. Many times my life is so full of busy work that I neglect my relationship with You, and for that I am deeply sorry. I know that You never neglect me, for if You did my very life would cease to be. Continue to pull me to Yourself, guide me in my journey, and hold me close in Your bosom until the day I come home to be with You forever. Be with me now as I gather together with this online community, in Your name, that I and all who pray with me may feel your presence among us. In Jesus precious name I pray.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 21:15-21
    ** Ishmael and Hagar in the Wilderness **

When the water in the skin was gone, she put the child under one of the bushes. Then she went and sat down opposite him a good way off, about the distance of a bowshot, for she said, “Let me not look on the death of the child.”

And as she sat opposite him, she lifted up her voice and wept. And God heard the voice of the boy, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What troubles you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is. Stand up! Lift up the boy, and hold him fast with your hand, for I will make him into a great nation.”

Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. And she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.

And God was with the boy, and he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow. He lived in the wilderness of Paran, and his mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt.
  • Same Spirit, Same Power

Today’s Scripture
    "And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you." (Romans 8:11, AMP)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit makes His home inside of you. That’s God Himself, the same Spirit with the same power that raised Jesus from the dead! His resurrection power can bring back health, strength and life to your physical body. He can restore hope and breathe life into your dreams. In fact, He can resurrect any area that may seem dormant on the inside of you!

The next time you feel overwhelmed by sickness, challenges or despair, remember, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you through Christ Jesus. You may have been burdened by an addiction, fear or worry, but there’s nothing that can stand against the power of God. Rise up and declare by faith, “He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I am restored and healed in the name of Jesus! No weapon formed against me can prosper!” Receive His truth, declare the Word, and activate His power within you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for filling me with Your power by the Holy Spirit. I choose to feed my faith by declaring Your Word. I choose to walk in Your ways and honor You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer to Share Our Blessings

Almighty God our Father, we belong to you. All that we have comes from you: Our family and friends, our health and life, our possessions and energy, our leisure and all of our abilities.

Help us to share in the blessings of giving as well as in the happiness of receiving. We ask this in the name of Jesus,
    Amen.

Scripture for Today: Matthew 28:1-10
    ** The Resurrection **

Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men.

But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.”

So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples.

And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.”
  • Guard Your Heart

Today’s Scripture
    "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." (Proverbs 4:23, NIV)

Your eyes, ears and mouth are all gateways to your heart. What you watch and listen to goes into your heart whether you realize it or not. Similar to a computer, what you allow into your heart programs your thinking and words, which ultimately determines the direction of your life.

Indeed, your thoughts determine actions, attitude and self-image. You can guard your heart by being extremely careful about what you watch and listen to. But beyond that, you have to guard your heart against bitterness and bad attitudes.

The Bible says that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. That means your words show where your heart is. Take inventory today of what you are saying, watching and listening to.

As you guard your heart and mind, the springs of life within in you will flow freely, and you will live in the abundance the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, today I submit my mind and heart to You. I choose to guard my heart and ask that You guide and direct my everyday choices. Purify me by Your spirit so that life will flow from me in every area. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
  • For the Presence of God

O God, be present with me always, dwell within my heart. With thy light and thy Spirit guide my soul, my thoughts, and all my actions, that I may teach thy Word, that thy healing power may be in me and in all the saints of thy church universal.
    Amen.
    (by Philipp Melanchthon, 1550 )

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 28:11-15

While they were going, behold, some of the guard went into the city and told the chief priests all that had taken place. And when they had assembled with the elders and taken counsel, they gave a sufficient sum of money to the soldiers and said, “Tell people, ‘His disciples came by night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ And if this comes to the governor’s ears, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.”

So they took the money and did as they were directed. And this story has been spread among the Jews to this day.
  • Prayer: To Be Filled of the Spirit

Heavenly Father, fill me with Your Spirit until I am overflowing, as the sun is filled with light, until it spills out of me and illuminates everything it my path. Crowd out the flawed thoughts of my mind with your truth and wisdom; put so much of your knowledge and fear in my heart that there is no longer room for the seductive lies of this world.

Comfort me in my pain, convict me in my transgressions, guide me when I am tested. Fill my being with energy and focus to spread your word and do your will, and, with the salvation of your grace through Jesus Christ, this will be enough for me. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 21:22-34

At about that same time, Abimelech and the captain of his troops, Phicol, spoke to Abraham: “No matter what you do, God is on your side. So swear to me that you won’t do anything underhanded to me or any of my family. For as long as you live here, swear that you’ll treat me and my land as well as I’ve treated you.”Abraham said, “I swear it.”

At the same time, Abraham confronted Abimelech over the matter of a well of water that Abimelech’s servants had taken. Abimelech said, “I have no idea who did this; you never told me about it; this is the first I’ve heard of it.”

So the two of them made a covenant. Abraham took sheep and cattle and gave them to Abimelech. Abraham set aside seven sheep from his flock.

Abimelech said, “What does this mean? These seven sheep you’ve set aside.” Abraham said, “It means that when you accept these seven sheep, you take it as proof that I dug this well, that it’s my well.”

That’s how the place got named Beersheba (the Oath-Well), because the two of them swore a covenant oath there. After they had made the covenant at Beersheba, Abimelech and his commander, Phicol, left and went back to Philistine territory.

Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba and worshiped God there, praying to the Eternal God. Abraham lived in Philistine country for a long time.
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,

I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.
    Amen!

-Lynn Robinson
  • Look Up and Listen

Today's Scripture
    Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1, NIV)

Hebrews 11 talks about the heroes of faith and all the amazing things they accomplished. They didn’t have a Bible like we do today. They didn’t have the written promises to stand on like we do. They didn’t know how it was going turn out, yet they chose to believe.

Think of David, think of Moses, think of Abraham and Sarah. They withstood hardships, endured ridicule, fought giants, overcame enemies. Today’s Scripture paints the picture of a huge heavenly stadium filled with the saints of old, including loved ones that have gone before us, cheering us on in our race.

When you’re tempted do get discouraged in your daily race and losing heart, just look up and listen up. Do you hear it? All of heaven is cheering for you. Just imagine in that heavenly stadium that people are calling out your name, saying, “Run, baby, run! Stay strong. This is your time. You are well able. Leave your mark!”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the heroes of faith whose lives help show me how to live for You and who are cheering me on from heaven today. Thank You for their messages of perseverance and overcoming hardships. Help me to run my race with purpose and strength. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • God is Listening

Today's Scripture
    Miriam and Aaron talked against Moses behind his back because of his Cushite wife…They said, “Is it only through Moses that GOD speaks? Doesn’t he also speak through us?” GOD overheard their talk. (Numbers 12:1–2, MSG)

Moses’ sister and brother, Miriam and Aaron, began to talk against Moses because he married a woman from a different nationality. They were trying to make him look bad and questioning his leadership. Notice that when people are talking about you, God hears it. He’s your defender, and He’s never lost a case. It goes on to say this angered the Lord, and He dealt with them because they had spoken against the reputation of one of His children.

God takes it seriously when someone tries to discredit you, belittle you, or make you look bad. You don’t have to get upset. God is listening. He knows how to change their mind. Sometimes He’ll cause them to be quiet; other times He’ll let them keep talking and just keep promoting you. The more they talk, the higher you’ll go. They think they’re hurting you, but they’re doing you a favor. God is paying you back by taking you to new levels.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are so aware of and intimately involved with what is going on in my life. Thank You that You haven’t left me on my own, but You step in and defend me when I need it. I am going to relax and stay at peace. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Sunday Prayer

Holy Spirit, divine Consoler, I adore You as my true God, with God the Father and God the Son. I adore You and unite myself to the adoration You receive from the angels and saints.

I give You my heart and I offer my ardent thanksgiving for all the grace which You never cease to bestow on me.

O Giver of all gifts, I beg You to visit me with Your grace and Your love and to grant me the gift of holy fear, so that it may act on me as a check to prevent me from falling back into my past sins, for which I beg pardon.

Grant me the gift of piety, so that I may serve You for the future with increased fervor, follow with more promptness Your holy inspirations, and observe your divine precepts with greater fidelity.

Grant me the gift of knowledge, so that I may know the things of God and, enlightened by Your holy teaching, may walk, without deviation, in the path of eternal salvation.
    stressed woman praying

Grant me the gift of fortitude, so that I may overcome courageously all the assaults of the devil, and all the dangers of this world which threaten the salvation of my soul.

Grant me the gift of counsel, so that I may choose what is more conducive to my spiritual advancement and may discover the wiles and snares of the tempter.

Grant me the gift of understanding, so that I may apprehend the divine mysteries and by contemplation of heavenly things detach my thoughts and affections from the vain things of this miserable world.

Grant me the gift of wisdom, so that I may rightly direct all my actions, referring them to God as my last end; so that, having loved Him and served Him in this life, I may have the happiness of possessing Him eternally in the next.

All this I ask in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, in whom I have all faith,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,

“I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,
    and I will be their God,
    and they shall be my people.

Therefore go out from their midst,
    and be separate from them, says the Lord,
    and touch no unclean thing;
    then I will welcome you,
    and I will be a father to you,
    and you shall be sons and daughters to me,

Says the Lord Almighty.”
  • You Are Not a Finished Product

Today’s Scripture
    “...Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand...” (Isaiah 64:8, NIV)

One of the worst mistakes you can make is to go through life being against yourself. Some people live with a nagging feeling that’s always telling them, “You’re not good enough. You still have that addiction. You’ll never get it right.” They’ve heard that playing in their minds for so long that it’s become normal.

You may have some areas in which you still struggle and need to improve—we all do—but being down on yourself is not going to help you do better. Keep your flaws in perspective.

God is the Potter, we are the clay. He’s the one who is making and molding you. It may not be happening as fast as you would like, but you don’t control the timetable. Will you trust Him in the process you’re in right now? Will you enjoy where you are while God is in the process of changing you?

You’re on the Potter’s wheel. God is still working on you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are the Potter and I am the clay. Thank You for where I am right now, faults and all, and that You are molding and making me. Help me to stop being against myself and simply trust You with the process for further change. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Do God’s Will

Oh Lord God, Father Almighty who created me and everything I see and enjoy, blessed and beautiful Jesus, love of my heart, bounteous Holy Spirit of God who is so kind as to be with me and comfort me whenever I ask, I thank you for all that I am and all that I have had in my life. Thy will be done, my God. I ask only that you let me know your will for me, for I am often confused or conflicted, and I seek your guidance.

Knowing your will for me, let me be anxious for nothing. And I pray for the strength, the power and the energy, to accomplish your purpose. All glory be to you, one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who was before time and will be forever,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 28:16-20
    ** The Great Commission **

Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted.

And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
  • Turning Points

Today’s Scripture
    “...So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed...” (John 8:36, NIV)

In the Scripture, Rebekah instructed her son Jacob to deceive their father. Jacob turned out to be a deceiver just like her. Jacob’s Uncle Laban had the same problem. He deceived Jacob. There was a spirit of deception in that family. It looked as though it would continue from generation to generation. But at one point, Jacob admitted he was wrong, and God changed him (see Genesis 32). That was the turning point. The curse was broken.

Some of the things you struggle with every day have been passed down to you. The dysfunction, the addiction, the low self-esteem didn’t start with you, but it can end with you. God is saying, “I’m about to break its power in your family line.” This is a new day. Freedom and wholeness are coming to your house. Put your faith out there and say, “Christ broke the power of this when He rose from the dead. It is finished in our family. We are free indeed.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that when Christ conquered death on the cross, He broke the power of every negative thing that’s trying to hold me back. Thank You that any stronghold of the enemy within our family line is being destroyed. I believe that we are being set free. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • To Keep God in Mind This Day

Lord, let me begin this day in devout meditations, in joy unspeakable, and in blessing and praising You, who has given me such good hope and everlasting consolation.

Lift up my mind above all these little things below, which are apt to distract my thoughts; and keep it above, until my heart is fully resolved to seek You every day, in the path where Jesus has trod before me. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Matthew 28:16-20

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
  • Be a Nevertheless Person

Today's Scripture
    But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” (Luke 5:5, NKJV)

Peter was an experienced fisherman and had spent all night fishing and caught nothing when Jesus told him to put out into the deep and drop the nets. It seemed illogical because in the daylight, the fish would go deeper than the nets. Peter did not deny the facts, but he said in effect, “It doesn’t make sense; nevertheless, at Your word I’m going to do it,” and he caught so many fish the nets began to break.

Practical people would have missed this miracle. People who only look at things logically, reasonably, statistically would have talked themselves out of it. God is looking for nevertheless people. When you don’t see how you can ever accomplish your dream, get your health back, or see your family restored, say, “The odds are against me. It looks impossible. I tried and it didn’t work out; nevertheless, I still believe. Nevertheless, I’m going to try again. Nevertheless, I’m going to keep praying, hoping, and expecting.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the dreams and desires that You put in me that are bigger than I can achieve. It looks too big for me; nevertheless, I know that with You all things are possible. I believe that what You have started in my life You will finish. In Jesus’ Name, Amen”
  • Prayer to Show Christ’s Love Today

Oh Holy God, who has commanded us to love one another without fail, purify my soul. Let your Holy Spirit empower me throughout this day, to be obedient to the truth at every moment, so that I might love my brothers and sisters earnestly, from a pure heart.

And let me always remember that I have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of your Son; born again into a life of perfect love, obedience, and service. And if I am confused or do not know what to think or do, let me think of your Son, Jesus Christ, and ask myself what He would have done. For I will follow him even to the point of suffering and death, confident in his resurrection and the eternal reward for those that do follow him in sincere belief.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 22:1-4

After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”

So Abraham rose early in the morning, saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and his son Isaac. And he cut the wood for the burnt offering and arose and went to the place of which God had told him. On the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes and saw the place from afar.
  • Don’t Be a Doormat

Today's Scripture
    Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts. (Colossians 3:15, NIV)

It’s easy to let people cause us to lose our peace and live frustrated. Too often, we think we have to keep everyone happy—our spouse and children, our neighbors, cousins, and coworkers—but we end up only trying to change things that only God can change. You can’t change people and make them do what’s right. You can pray for them and encourage them, but they have their own free will. Don’t let them steal your joy or make you feel guilty because you’re not meeting their demands. What they really want is to control you.

Don’t fall into the trap of codependent relationships. Be good to others, be kind, be loving, but don’t be a doormat. Your destiny is too important to let people control you. You’re not doing them a favor by catering to them. You’re enabling their dysfunction and keeping yourself from moving forward. You have to set some boundaries and let the peace of Christ—not their demands—rule in your heart. Stay at rest.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your peace and joy that rule and guard my heart as I put my trust in You. Show me where I need to put up boundaries from anyone or anything that is stealing my peace. I will stay at rest and not allow others to control me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Help Others This Day

Heavenly Lord, I pray that this day, you will continue to bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know you intimately. I pray that others will find your strength, so that they can love and help one another. I pray for those who don’t believe, that they may find you.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember the example of my Lord and Savior: to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. Remind me, nudge me, let me remember to find you when I feel like I'm pushed beyond my limits. In Christ’s name, I come to you, Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: 1 Peter 1:1-2

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who are elect exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood:

May grace and peace be multiplied to you."
  • Your Best Days Are Ahead

Today's Scripture
    So Joshua spared Rahab the prostitute and her relatives who were with her in the house, because she had hidden the spies Joshua sent to Jericho. (Joshua 6:25, NLT)

It’s easy to go through life feeling disqualified because of mistakes we’ve made, or negative things people have spoken over us, or even our own thoughts telling us how we don’t measure up.

But when God needed someone to save the Israeli spies whom Joshua had sent into the city of Jericho, of all the people He could have chosen, He chose a prostitute by the name of Rahab, someone who’d made a mess of her life. People saw her failures, but God saw her potential.

Here’s how amazing God is: not only was Rahab and her family spared, but Rahab married a Jewish man, and they and their descendants are in the family line of Jesus Christ.

God wants to make your life significant. People may have written you off, but God has written you in. He’s already qualified you, now don’t disqualify yourself. He has the final say. He says, “You’re blessed, you’re redeemed, you’re forgiven, and your best days are still ahead.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You want to bring out the very best in me. Thank You that when others try to discount me and write me off, You have already counted and written me in. I believe that You have qualified me, and my best days are still ahead. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Glory to God

Glory be to You, mighty God, for calling me into being;
    Glory to You, for showing me the beauty of the universe;
    Glory to You, for spreading out before me heaven and earth
    Like the pages in a book of eternal wisdom.

Glory be to You for Your eternity in this fleeting world;
    Glory to You for Your mercies, seen and unseen;
    Glory to You through every sigh of my sorrow;
    Glory to You for every step of my life's journey
    For every moment of glory.

Glory to You, O God, from age to age. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 22:5-8

Then Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you.” And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son. And he took in his hand the fire and the knife. So they went both of them together.

And Isaac said to his father Abraham, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” He said, “There are the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”

Abraham said, “God will provide for himself the lamb for a burnt offering, my son.” So they went both of them together.
  • He Gives You His World

Today’s Scripture
    “Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion...” (Isaiah 30:18, NIV)

Do you ever think about the way your heavenly Father feels about you? He’s been thinking about you a long time. Jesus says, “It is the Father’s good pleasure to the give you the kingdom.” He doesn’t say, “Okay, you’re here, and I have to take care of you, but you’re a pain.” No, you’re not a burden to God.

You’re not inconveniencing Him. You’re the apple of His eye. He’s saying to you, “I can’t wait to give you My world.”

His world is big, abundant, full of favor, joy, peace, and opportunity. He’s going to take you places you never dreamed, open doors bigger than you’ve imagined, and bring talent out of you that you didn’t known you had. He loves showing you favor, doing things that amaze you, making you stand out. He takes pleasure in giving you His world.

Stir your faith up, believe big, pray bold prayers, and dream God-sized dreams that honor Him. Keep Him first place.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your heart of compassion that longs to be gracious to me. Thank You that it is Your pleasure to give me the kingdom, to give me Your world. I am taking the limits off You and expecting to be surprised by Your goodness and love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Witness Boldly

O Holy One, I call to you and name you as eternal, ever-present, almighty, and boundless in love. Yet there are times, O God, when I fail to recognize you in the everyday routine of my life. There are times timidity clenches my heart and I hide my faith from the world and even from myself. Sometimes fear makes me so small that I miss a chance to express my belief. Doubts and insecurity suppress the wonderful wisdom I have learned, from your holy word, from listening to your teachers, and from the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, in the daily round from sunrise to sunset and to sunrise again, remind me again and again of your holy presence hovering near me and in me. Free me from shame and self-doubt in expressing my faith. Help me to see you in the fleeting moments of possibility and be filled with your courage and your word. In Christ’s name I pray,
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 22:9-14

When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son.

But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.”

And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns.

And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called the name of that place, “The Lord will provide”; as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”
  • Established In Love

Today’s Scripture
    "...May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love..." (Ephesians 3:17, AMPC)

There is tremendous power in love! In the same way that a tree will grow taller and stronger when its roots grow deep, you will be stronger and rise higher when you are rooted and established in love. How do you establish yourself in love? It starts by making a choice. When you choose to say yes to love, you are saying yes to everything God is because God is love! Then every day, choose to love through your actions by modeling your life according to 1 Corinthians 13.

That means choosing to be patient and kind. It means not seeking your own way, not being jealous or boastful. When you choose love, you are showing the world that God is first place in your life. The more you choose to walk in love, the deeper and stronger your roots will grow. Remember, love is the greatest thing. It is all that will last in eternity. Choose to establish yourself in love and let it be firm within you.

Let His love build security in you and empower you to live the life of blessing He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, establish me in Your love. Show me how to love others the way You love me. Thank You for setting me free and empowering me to live the overcoming life You have prepared for me in Jesus' name! Amen."
  • Prayer: Glory to God

O Glorious God, I see Your heavens resplendent with stars. How glorious You are, radiant with light! Eternity watches me by the rays of the distant stars. I am small, insignificant, but You are at my side. Your right arm guides me wherever I go.

Glory to You, ceaselessly watching over me;
    Glory to You for the encounters You arrange for me;
    Glory to You for the love of parents, for the faithfulness of friends;
    Glory to You for the humbleness of the animals which serve me;
    Glory to You for the unforgettable moments of life;
    Glory to You for the heart’s innocent joy;
    Glory to You for the joy of living,
    Moving and being able to return Your love.
    Glory to You, O God, from age to age, Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Psalm 40:4-10 (NKJV)

Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust,
    And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

5 Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
    Which You have done;
    And Your thoughts toward us
    Cannot be recounted to You in order;
    If I would declare and speak of them,
    They are more than can be numbered.

6 Sacrifice and offering You did not desire;
    My ears You have opened.
    Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.
    7 Then I said, “Behold, I come;
    In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
    8 I delight to do Your will, O my God,
    And Your law is within my heart.”

9 I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness
    In the great assembly;
    Indeed, I do not restrain my lips,
    O Lord, You Yourself know.
    10 I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
    I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
    I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth
    From the great assembly.
  • Don’t Hold Back

Today's Scripture
    “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.” (Isaiah 54:2, NIV)

You might have been raised in a limited environment. Perhaps your family members didn’t have a vision for a better future and settled for mediocrity. You have to leave behind the negative mindsets you were raised with. Leave a scarcity mentality. Leave the limitations that people have put on you and make room for God to increase you.

Be around people who inspire you, people who stretch you, people who are making a difference, not just people who are settling for the status quo.

You can be the difference maker for your family. Now, do your part and have a new mindset—an abundant mentality, a free mentality, a healthy mentality, a victorious mentality. Don’t talk yourself out of it. Don’t let circumstances discourage you.

Announce to anything that’s holding you back, “It is finished. This is a new day. I’m drawing the line in the sand. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. We will accomplish our dreams and become everything we were created to be.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can leave behind any negative mindsets and make room for the increase You want to bring into my life. Thank You that this is a new day to break free from limitations. I declare that I am lengthening the cords and enlarging the place of my tent. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Serve God

God our Father, make us to think more of what we can give to life and less of what we can get out of it. May we be mindful that we hold our gifts, our talents, our possessions, our life itself, in trust for you and the service of mankind. Save us from thinking only of our own needs and desires; and help us to remember that it is more blessed to give than receive, according to the teaching of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 22:15-24

And the angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time from heaven and said, “By myself I have sworn, declares the Lord, because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies, and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.”

So Abraham returned to his young men, and they arose and went together to Beersheba. And Abraham lived at Beersheba.
  • Strength Under Control

Today’s Scripture
    “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” (Matthew 5:5, NKJV)

When most people hear that word “meek,” many times they think of a weak, shy, reserved or timid person who lets everybody run all over them. But that’s not at all what it means to be meek. Meekness is not weakness; it’s strength under control. Meekness is like a wild horse that has been tamed. He’s just as strong, just as powerful, has just as much speed as before, but now that strength is under control. You can walk up to him, pet him, lead him around, get on him and ride him. But don’t be fooled. He has the same power, the same tenacity as before, he’s just learned how to control it.

When you’re a meek person, you don’t have to go around trying to straighten everybody out. You don’t respond to every critic. People may be talking about you, but you don’t let it bother you. You may have the power to do something about it, but you realize your time is too valuable. You don’t fall for every distraction. Instead, you keep your focus on what God has called you to do. You keep your strength and power under control so that you choose to stay in peace and move forward in the victory the Lord has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father in heaven, thank You for the blessing of meekness. I choose today to be a person of self-control. Help me to know when to speak and when to listen, when to respond and when to hold back so that I can honor You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer: To Live in God’s Presence

Dear God, I know you are with me now. I know you are with me any time I call on you, or even think about you. Let me remember, every minute of every day, that you are with me, watching me, ready to help, protecting my soul even when the things of this world give me pain.

Let my every minute be lived in your presence. Let my every action be an offering of love to you. Let my every word be a prayer.
    Amen.

<click here for link>

Scripture for Today: Genesis 23:1-9
    ** The Death of Sarah **

Sarah lived 127 years; these were the years of the life of Sarah. And Sarah died at Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron) in the land of Canaan, and Abraham went in to mourn for Sarah and to weep for her.

And Abraham rose up from before his dead and said to the Hittites, “I am a sojourner and foreigner among you; give me property among you for a burying place, that I may bury my dead out of my sight.” The Hittites answered Abraham, “Hear us, my lord; you are a prince of God among us. Bury your dead in the choicest of our tombs. None of us will withhold from you his tomb to hinder you from burying your dead.”

Abraham rose and bowed to the Hittites, the people of the land. And he said to them, “If you are willing that I should bury my dead out of my sight, hear me and entreat for me Ephron the son of Zohar, that he may give me the cave of Machpelah, which he owns; it is at the end of his field. For the full price let him give it to me in your presence as property for a burying place.”