Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples.

Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love.

Grant me the Spirit of Fear of the Lord that I may be filled with a loving reverence toward You;

the Spirit of Piety that I may find peace and fulfillment in serving You, while serving others;

the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation;

the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know You and know myself, and thus grow in holiness;

the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your truth;

the Spirit of Counsel that I may choose the surest way of doing Your will, seeking first the Kingdom;

Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may aspire to the things that last forever;

Teach me to be Your faithful disciple. Animate me with Your Spirit in every aspect of my life, today and throughout the week to come.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Colossians 1:15-23

Christ is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.
  • He Laughs in the Heavens

Today’s Scripture
    "He Who sits in the heavens laughs..." (Psalm 2:4, AMPC)

Have you ever thought about God laughing in the heavens? Right now, God is on the throne. He’s not mad. He’s not worried about the economy. He’s not upset with you and me. God is full of joy and laughing on the throne. It goes on to tell us in Psalm 37 that He’s laughing because “He can see the destruction of the enemy coming.” In other words, the reason God laughs is because He knows the end of the story. He knows the final outcome. The good news is that you and I win. God always causes us to triumph!

Imagine watching the Super Bowl when you already know the outcome. You already know who is going to win. No matter how far behind the winning team falls, no matter how bad it looks for them, you wouldn’t get upset. You wouldn’t be worried. Why? You’ve got inside information. You know the final outcome.

That’s what God is saying to us today. When it gets tough and things don’t look like they’re going to work out, we know that with God, we are on the winning team! Today, you can laugh with Him knowing that He has favor, strength and victory in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I choose to rest and trust in You. Thank You for bringing victory in every area of my life. Give me opportunities today to share Your joy and love with the people around me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Facing Trials

Lord, I have planned my strategies and figured out how I will try to solve my problems, yet, I have not consulted you. I am a fool, Lord; forgive me. For I know that my problems are not simply problems that were given me to solve, but also burdens that you have allowed me to bear, and that the purpose of these burdens is to show me that you and only you can lift them from me.
    Man in field giving thanks at dawn - pretty - left

I cannot do it myself, great God; only by my prayer to you, can my burdens ever be satisfied. And I pray to you now, take up my burdens while I am on earth, today, just as you will take them up when I am with you in heaven. By the grace you gave me through the sacrifice of your only Son, relieve me. May I do your will while I am alive, just as I will do your will when I am together with you again, in paradise. For there and no place else lies my salvation, and all true happiness. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 37:12-24
    ** Joseph Sold by His Brothers **

Now his brothers went to pasture their father's flock near Shechem. And Israel said to Joseph, “Are not your brothers pasturing the flock at Shechem? Come, I will send you to them.” And he said to him, “Here I am.” So he said to him, “Go now, see if it is well with your brothers and with the flock, and bring me word.”

So Joseph went after his brothers and found them at Dothan.

They saw him from afar, and before he came near to them they conspired against him to kill him. They said to one another, “Here comes this dreamer. Come now, let us kill him and throw him into one of the pits. Then we will say that a fierce animal has devoured him, and we will see what will become of his dreams.”

But when Reuben heard it, he rescued him out of their hands, saying, “Let us not take his life.” And Reuben said to them, “Shed no blood; throw him into this pit here in the wilderness, but do not lay a hand on him” — that he might rescue him out of their hand to restore him to his father. So when Joseph came to his brothers, they stripped him of his robe, the robe of many colors that he wore. And they took him and threw him into a pit. The pit was empty; there was no water in it.
  • Living with Enthusiasm

Today’s Scripture
    "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace…" (Isaiah 55:12, NIV)

The word “enthusiasm” comes from the Greek word “entheos.” “Theos” is God. When you’re enthusiastic, it simply means you are full of God. When you get up in the morning excited about your future, recognizing that day is a gift and go out with a spring in your step, pursuing your goals and passionate about life, then God will breathe in your direction. Studies even tell us that people who are enthusiastic get better breaks. They’re promoted more often. That’s not a coincidence. When you’re full of passion, you have the favor of God.

Remember, God didn’t breathe His life into us to drag through the day. He didn’t create us in His image, crown us with His favor, and equip us with His power to just go through the motions of life. You may have had some setbacks, the wind may have been taken out of your sail, but this is a new day! God wants to breathe new life back into you. If you’ll get your fire back, get your passion back, the wind will start blowing once again. When you’re in agreement with God, He can cause the winds of favor to shift in your direction!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for another sunrise, another day, another opportunity to praise You and pursue the dreams You’ve given me. Help me to stay filled with Your joy which is strength so I can serve You with my whole heart in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • He Delivers You from All

Today’s Scripture
    “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.” (Psalm 34:19, NKJV)

Isn’t it good to know that we serve a deliver? You might feel afflicted today, but God is working to bring you out of that difficult situation. It may not be in the way you thought, but you have to trust that God has your best interest at heart.

An affliction is defined as the cause of persistent pain or distress. I know that afflictions can take on many forms—a sickness or hardship, a temptation, a coworker or family member. There are so many things that can come against us, but God promises in His Word that no weapon formed against us shall prosper!

Those afflictions are only temporary. Stand in faith believing that God is on your side, and you and God are a majority! It doesn’t matter what your circumstances look like, get up every morning and say, “This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. My Deliverer is coming!”

As you stand and trust the Lord, He will deliver you out of all your afflictions, and you’ll see His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father in heaven, thank You for being my deliverer. Thank You for making me righteous through the blood of Jesus. I trust that You have a good plan for me, and You will deliver me out of all affliction in Jesus’ name! Amen.”
  • Prayer that Others May See Christ in Me

O God, a violent society filled with pride seeks to despise me, for they do not know you. Turn your face upon me, O Lord, I pray, and have mercy on me, for you are full of mercy and truth. Give strength to your servant and show me a sign for good, that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed of their hard hearts, and turn to you for help and comfort, as I do. Amen.
    ~ from Psalm 86

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 Peter 5:12-14

By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it. She who is at Babylon, who is likewise chosen, sends you greetings, and so does Mark, my son. Greet one another with the kiss of love.

Peace to all of you who are in Christ.
  • Always on His Mind

Today’s Scripture
    "How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!" (Psalm 139:17, NIV)

Have you ever had difficulty receiving from God because you thought, “God has better things on His mind,” or “This isn’t that important to Him”? It may be tempting to let your mind wander in that direction, but the truth is that nothing is more important to God than you are! Every detail of your life matters to Him.

Scripture tells us that He even counts the very hairs on your head. He bottles your tears and holds them as precious. You are important to Him, and nothing that concerns you is too big or too small for God!

Today, if you’ve had those discouraging thoughts come to mind, replace them by declaring the truth of God’s Word. Declare, “God’s thoughts are precious toward me. I am always on God’s mind. He loves me, and I matter to Him.”

As you begin to replace the negative thoughts with the truth, your life will begin to change. You will see a transformation in your thinking. You’ll feel His love like you never have before; you will know Him in ways you’ve never known Him before, and you’ll experience His goodness and grace all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father God, how awesome You are! How great is Your love! Help me to receive Your love so that I may know You more. Thank You for perfecting everything that concerns me as I daily cast my cares on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Thanks for God’s Word

I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that the things which were hidden from the wise and prudent, and which many prophets and kings desired to see and could not, are revealed unto us babes in your written Word. I thank you that I have the Scriptures to search, and that they testify of Christ, for in them I can find eternal life.

I thank you, Father, for the preservation of your teachings through time. Despite the constant efforts of men to destroy or change them, through them I might find patience, and hope, and truth, and life. And having learned so much, I thank you that I can hear with my ears your wonderful works, the testimony of the earth and the spirit, like a light shining in darkness. In Christ’s name, I pray and render you thanks, Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 39:1-6
    ** Joseph and Potiphar **

Now Joseph had been brought down to Egypt, and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, the captain of the guard, an Egyptian, had bought him from the Ishmaelites who had brought him down there. The Lord was with Joseph, and he became a successful man, and he was in the house of his Egyptian master. His master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord caused all that he did to succeed in his hands.

So Joseph found favor in his sight and attended him, and he made him overseer of his house and put him in charge of all that he had. From the time that he made him overseer in his house and over all that he had, the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; the blessing of the Lord was on all that he had, in house and field.

So he left all that he had in Joseph’s charge, and because of him he had no concern about anything but the food he ate.
  • The Process of Growing Up

Today’s Scripture
    "You, therefore, must be perfect [growing into complete maturity of godliness in mind and character, having reached the proper height of virtue and integrity], as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48, AMPC)

One thing I’ve learned is that just because God puts a dream in our heart doesn’t mean it’s going to come to pass without any opposition. See, God is going to grow us up. He’s going to mature us. He’s going to prepare us to handle the promotion He has in store.

I think about Joseph in the Bible. Starting out, he didn’t have a whole lot of wisdom. He was young and immature, and God had to do a work in his life. Joseph probably shouldn’t have told his brothers about his dream that they would one day serve him! As you can imagine, his brothers were not nearly as excited about that as he was. Long story short, Joseph had to go through some things to grow up and be ready for the promotion God had in store.

Friend, it’s the same way with us today. You may have a dream in your heart that seems a million miles away, but just like Joseph, God can take you from the prison to the palace in one step. During the growing process, keep yourself focused on Him and allow Him to do His work in your life. Keep a humble attitude of faith before Him, and He will lead you and guide you into the destiny He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for working Your process in my life. I focus on You during the growing season. I humbly submit myself to You knowing that You have a good plan in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • This is the Day

Today’s Scripture
    "This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24, NKJV)

It's easy to come up with excuses to delay our happiness. All the time I hear things like, "As soon as I get out of this problem, I'll be happy." Or, "As soon as I lose ten pounds...as soon as my business grows…as soon as my child straightens up…"

No, if you don't put your foot down and decide to be happy right now, there will always be something to keep you from being happy. Let's get rid of the excuses and make the decision to enjoy life right now, today.

God never intended for us to put off our happiness. That's why David said, "This is the day the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it." He was saying, "This is the day to be happy; not tomorrow, not when the weather clears up. Not next week, when I don't have to work so hard. Not next month, when I make it through this difficult time."

No, choose to honor the Lord right now by choosing to enjoy your life. This is the day that the Lord has made!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for this day. Thank You for another opportunity to sing Your praises. I choose to set my mind and heart on You. I choose to rejoice and be glad in You in Jesus' name! Amen."
  • Prayer of Praise for God’s Comfort

How filled with sweetness are those whose thoughts dwell on Thee; how life-giving Thy holy Word. To speak with Thee is more soothing than anointing with oil; sweeter than the honeycomb. To pray to Thee lifts the spirit, refreshes the soul. Where Thou art not, there is only emptiness; hearts are smitten with sadness; nature, and life itself, become sorrowful; where Thou art, the soul is filled with abundance, and its song resounds like a torrent of life: Alleluia!
    Amen.
    ~ Gregory Petrov

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 39:6-10

Now Joseph was handsome in form and appearance. And after a time his master’s wife cast her eyes on Joseph and said, “Lie with me.”

But he refused and said to his master’s wife, “Behold, because of me my master has no concern about anything in the house, and he has put everything that he has in my charge. He is not greater in this house than I am, nor has he kept back anything from me except you, because you are his wife. How then can I do this great wickedness and sin against God?”

And as she spoke to Joseph day after day, he would not listen to her, to lie beside her or to be with her.
  • Thanks for the Life of Christ

Almighty God, I thank you for the life and teachings of your only Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He lived and walked as one of us, a mortal man who bled and felt pain, who felt anger and love, who would become tired and hungry. The world has seen no other love like this, for you willingly bore the pain of mortality, that we might be saved.

The beating, torture, and painful death that Christ suffered at our hands was a terrible thing; yet you considered his victory in overcoming that death worth the cost, so powerful was your love. I praise you for Christ’s resurrection and victory, and for his promise to all people, that he will intercede for us at our death, and bring us to eternal life.

Today I remember and celebrate His resurrection, giving all glory to Father, Son and Holy Spirit for this miracle and the redemption of our own lives. Through Christ I pray,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 Peter 1:1 and excerpts

1:1 To those who are elect exiles . . . .

1:13-15 Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct.

2:4-5 As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood.

3:13-15 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.

4:1 Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin.

5:6-11 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. . . . And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
  • This Day

Today’s Scripture
    “That day the LORD exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they stood in awe of him all the days of his life...” (Joshua 4:14, NIV)

I love the promise that God gave to Joshua. He said, “Joshua, today I will begin to make you great in the eyes of all the Israelites.” He was saying, “Today, I’m going to start releasing more of My favor, My blessings, My increase.”

But notice, there was a set time that God began to release favor in a new way.

Friend, God wants to do the same thing for you. He wants to release His blessings and favor in such a way that it makes you a great parent, a great spouse, a great leader, a great employee, a great friend, a great business person. He is saying to us what He said to Joshua, “This day, I’m going to begin to make your name great. This day, I’m going to begin to release My favor in a new way. I’m going to open doors that no man can shut.”

It is a set time of God’s favor. Get ready! Make room in your thinking. Stay open to Him and keep an attitude of faith and expectancy because this day, God has something amazing in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, I bless You today. You alone are worthy of all glory and honor. Thank You for pouring out Your favor and blessing on me. I open my heart and mind to receive everything You have in store for me this day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Really Alive

Today’s Scripture
    "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10, NIV)

A couple of years ago, I was watching the news when Captain Sullenberger successfully landed a jet airplane in the Hudson River. All 155 passengers survived. It’s known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.” A reporter asked one passenger what he thought about it all. He was soaking wet, freezing cold, a little bit frazzled, but he had this incredible glow about him, an excitement in his voice. I’ll never forget what he told the reporter, “I was alive before, but now I’m really alive.”

My question today is, “Are you really alive?” Are you passionate about the life God has given you? Do you get up every morning with enthusiasm, pursuing your dreams? God doesn’t want you to just “be alive” or just exist or endure. He wants you to be really alive! You have seeds of greatness on the inside. There is something more for you to accomplish. Get excited about what God is doing! Lift up your eyes of faith to Him. Keep hoping, keep believing, keep trusting and keep living because God has a wonderful plan in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day and live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer in Time of Trouble

Lord, in every need let me come to You with humble trust saying, "Jesus, help me."
    In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help me.
    In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trials, Jesus, help me.
    In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles, and sorrows, Jesus, help me.
    When others fail me and Your grace alone can assist me, help me.
    When I throw myself on Your tender love as a father and savior, Jesus, help me.
    When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus, help me.
    When I feel impatient and my cross irritates me, Jesus, help me.
    When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus, help me.
    Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus, help me and never forsake me.
    Amen.

~Anonymous
  • “St. Patrick’s Breastplate”

I rise today with the power of God to pilot me,
    God's strength to sustain me,
    God's wisdom to guide me,
    God's eye to look ahead for me,
    God's ear to hear me,
    God's word to speak for me,
    God's hand to protect me,
    God's way before me,
    God's shield to defend me,
    God's host to deliver me,
    from snares of devils,
    from evil temptations,
    from nature's failings,
    from all who wish to harm me,
    far or near,
    alone and in a crowd.
    Amen.

~ 8th century Irish prayer

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 39:11-18
    ** Joseph and Potiphar’s Wife **

But one day, when he went into the house to do his work and none of the men of the house was there in the house, she caught him by his garment, saying, “Lie with me.” But he left his garment in her hand and fled and got out of the house.

And as soon as she saw that he had left his garment in her hand and had fled out of the house, she called to the men of her household and said to them, “See, he has brought among us a Hebrew to laugh at us. He came in to me to lie with me, and I cried out with a loud voice. And as soon as he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried out, he left his garment beside me and fled and got out of the house.”

Then she laid up his garment by her until his master came home, and she told him the same story, saying, “The Hebrew servant, whom you have brought among us, came in to me to laugh at me. But as soon as I lifted up my voice and cried, he left his garment beside me and fled out of the house.”
  • Avoid The Trap of Fear

Today’s Scripture
    "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe…" (Proverbs 29:25, NIV)

Fear is one of the enemy's favorite tools to keep us from moving forward. The moment you make a decision to step out in faith, the enemy will immediately bring fear to stop you. He'll put thoughts in your mind such as, "What if I fail? What will others think? Maybe I don't have what it takes."

He'll do his best to use fear to try to convince you to shrink back and just stay right where you are. The Scripture tells us that fear is a spirit. It affects your emotions. But when you choose to put your trust in the Lord, no matter how you are feeling, you are combating fear. Today, don't allow fear to trap you and hold you back.

Instead, take a step of faith knowing that God is on your side. He is for you and with you, leading and guiding you in the path of victory all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, I choose to put my trust in You. I press forward in faith so I can overcome fear. I believe You have my best interest at heart and know that You are leading me in the paths of righteousness all the days of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."
  • To Do God’s Will in Our Work

O God, who hast ordained that whatever is to be desired should be sought by labour, and who by thy blessing bringest honest labour to good effect, look with mercy upon my studies and endeavours. Grant me, O Lord, to design only what is lawful and right; and afford me calmness of mind and steadiness of purpose, that I may so do thy will in this short life, as to obtain happiness in the world to come, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

~ Samuel Johnson, 1764

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 39:19-23
    ** Joseph and Potiphar’s Wife [3] **

As soon as Joseph’s master [Potiphar] heard the words that his wife spoke to him, “This is the way your servant treated me,” his anger was kindled. And Joseph’s master took him and put him into the prison, the place where the king’s prisoners were confined, and he was there in prison.

But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. And the keeper of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners who were in the prison. Whatever was done there, he was the one who did it.

The keeper of the prison paid no attention to anything that was in Joseph’s charge, because the Lord was with him. And whatever he did, the Lord made it succeed.
  • Believe, See, Receive

Today’s Scripture
    “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mark 11:24, NIV)

Has God spoken things to your heart that haven’t come to pass yet? Anytime you step out to believe God, the enemy will try to distract and discourage you in order to get you off course. But when you hold that promise in your heart, when you picture it in your mind and declare it with your words, you begin to feel more confident. You feel empowered and settled in your heart. You begin to have joy and peace because you know God is working behind the scenes on your behalf.

Today, grab hold of the promise of God and don’t let go! See it in your mind’s eye. Can you see yourself healed? Can you see yourself paying off that last debt? Can you see yourself at your ideal weight? Can you see yourself sharing the gospel with a family member or coworker? Ask the Lord to give you a vision for your future. Believe, see and receive every blessing that He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for another day to serve You. Thank You for the gift of faith. I ask that You search my heart and mind and remove anything that does not please You. Give me Your thoughts of peace and joy today so that I can learn to receive all You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
  • Prayer to Have Inner Peace in the Coming Day

Heavenly God, may I have peace within, this day;
    May I trust God that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
    May I not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
    May I use those gifts that I have received, and pass on the love that has been given to me.
    May I be confident knowing I am a child of God.
    Let this presence settle into my bones, and allow my soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. This I pray in Christ’s name,
    Amen.
    ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 John 1:1-4

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life — the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us — that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
  • Let His Love Show

Today’s Scripture
    "We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people." (1 Thessalonians 1:4, NLT)

When others look at your life, do they know that God loves you? Can they see the change in you? Do they know you are a follower of His?

Remember, the evidence is in your words and actions. The most important thing you could ever know and show is that God loves you. His love changes us. His love empowers us. His love takes us to new levels. His love gives us eternal life.

Open your heart fully and receive His love today. Then turn around and love Him in return by following His commands. Make the decision today to let His love show all over you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, thank You for loving me, for empowering me and changing me to be more like You. Have Your way in my heart so that I can be a shining light of Your love to the people around me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,

I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.
    Amen!

~Lynn Robinson
  • To Belong to Christ

Oh loving Lord Christ, so eager to die that I might live,
    I am no longer my own, but yours.
    Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will;
    Put me to doing; put me to suffering;
    Let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you;
    Exalted for you, or brought low for you;
    Let me be full, let me be empty;
    Let me have all things; let me have nothing.
    I freely and with my whole heart yield all things to your will and direction.
    And now, oh glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
    You are mine and I am yours. Let this be for eternity, I pray.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 40:1-15

Some time after this, the cupbearer of the king of Egypt and his baker committed an offense against their lord the king of Egypt. And Pharaoh was angry with his two officers, the chief cupbearer and the chief baker, and he put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, in the prison where Joseph was confined.

And one night they both dreamed, each his own dream, and each dream with its own interpretation. When Joseph came to them in the morning, he saw that they were troubled. They said to him, “We have had dreams, and there is no one to interpret them.” And Joseph said to them, “Do not interpretations belong to God? Please tell them to me.”

So the chief cupbearer told his dream to Joseph and said to him, “In my dream there was a vine before me, and on the vine there were three branches. As soon as it budded, its blossoms shot forth, and the clusters ripened into grapes. Pharaoh’s cup was in my hand, and I took the grapes and pressed them into Pharaoh’s cup and placed the cup in Pharaoh’s hand.”

Then Joseph said to him, “This is its interpretation: the three branches are three days. In three days Pharaoh will lift up your head and restore you to your office, and you shall place Pharaoh’s cup in his hand as formerly, when you were his cupbearer. Only remember me, when it is well with you, and please do me the kindness to mention me to Pharaoh, and so get me out of this house. For I was indeed stolen out of the land of the Hebrews, and here also I have done nothing that they should put me into the pit.”
  • When You Run Out of Strength

Today’s Scripture
    “...The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you...” (1 Kings 19:7, NIV)

The prophet Elijah had just gone from one of the greatest victories of his life to running away in defeat at the death threat of Queen Jezebel. He was sitting under a tree so depressed that he didn’t want to live. He said, “God, I’m done. It’s over.” He’d just seen a great miracle, but now he was tired of standing strong in faith.

Maybe you’ve been doing the right thing, praying and believing, but you’ve lost your drive. You may not have given up on life but given up on your dreams. Here’s the good news: God doesn’t condemn us or disqualify us or write us off when we get tired.

God sent an angel to cook and feed Elijah once, and then a second time to strengthen him. That is what He’ll do for you. He’s going to cause blessings to chase you down. He’s coming a second time to push you into the fullness of your destiny..

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for Your provisions all along my life journey. Thank You for Your promise of coming to me a second time to renew me with strength and breathe new life into my dreams. I believe that You are coming again to cause blessings to chase me down. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
  • Prayer for Holiness

All provident Lord, place Your holy fear as a guard before my eyes so they may not look lustfully; before my ears so that they may not delight in hearing evil words; before my mouth so that it may not speak any falsehoods; before my heart so that it may not think evil; before my hands so that they may not do injustice; before my feet, that they may not walk in the paths of injustice; but so direct them, that they may always be according to all Your commandments. Have mercy upon Your Creatures and upon me, a great sinner, I pray in the Name of Christ, Amen.

~ (St.) Nersess the Gracious, 12th century

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 40:16-23
    ** Joseph Interprets the Baker’s Dream **

When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was favorable, he said to Joseph, “I also had a dream: there were three cake baskets on my head, and in the uppermost basket there were all sorts of baked food for Pharaoh, but the birds were eating it out of the basket on my head.”

And Joseph answered and said, “This is its interpretation: the three baskets are three days. In three days Pharaoh will lift up your head — from you! — and hang you on a tree. And the birds will eat the flesh from you.”

On the third day, which was Pharaoh’s birthday, he made a feast for all his servants and lifted up the head of the chief cupbearer and the head of the chief baker among his servants. He restored the chief cupbearer to his position, and he placed the cup in Pharaoh’s hand. But he hanged the chief baker, as Joseph had interpreted to them.

Yet the chief cupbearer did not remember Joseph, but forgot him.
  • Power in His Word

Today’s Scripture
    "Your word I have treasured and stored in my heart, that I might not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11, AMP)

Did you know that the Word of God has the power to protect you and keep you from doing the things you know you shouldn’t do? Hebrews tells us that the Word of God is living and active; it’s powerful in our lives. God communicates to us through His written Word, the Bible, and He communicates with us through His spoken Word, which can come in many ways.

In Scripture, God spoke to people through a burning bush, a still small voice, and even a donkey. Today, He may speak to your heart through a friend, a worship song, or something in creation. One thing is for sure, when He does speak, your spirit knows it. There is confirmation in your inner man. God always speaks truth, and truth always sets you free!

God’s Word also protects you. When you hold His Word close to your heart, it acts like a shield around your heart. You hold His Word close to you by meditating on it, focusing on it, thinking about it and declaring it. As you allow His truth to sink into your spirit, it will empower you and change you. It will equip you to live the good life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which strengthens and protects me. Thank You for speaking truth to my heart. Help me to hear Your voice more clearly that I may live a life pleasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer of Saint Clement of Rome

You, Lord, through your works have revealed the everlasting structure of the world. You, Lord, created the earth. You are faithful throughout all generations, righteous in your judgments, marvelous in strength and majesty, wise in creating and prudent in establishing what exists, good in all that is observed and faithful to those who trust in you, merciful and compassionate; forgive us our sins and our injustices, our transgressions and our shortcomings.

Do not take into account every sin of your servants, but cleanse us with the cleansing of your truth, and “direct our steps to walk in holiness and righteousness and purity of heart,” and “to do what is good and pleasing in your sight” and in the sight of our rulers. Yes, Lord, “let your face shine upon us” in peace “for our good,” that we may be sheltered “by your mighty hand” and delivered from every sin “by your uplifted arm”; deliver us as well from those who hate us unjustly.

Give harmony and peace to us and to all who dwell on the earth throughout the day to come, just as you did to our fathers when they reverently “called upon you in faith and trust,” that we may be saved, while we render obedience to your almighty and most excellent name, and give harmony and peace to our rulers and governors on earth. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 John 1:1-4
    ** The Word of Life **

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life — the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us — that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
  • Anointed To Heal

Today’s Scripture
    "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him..." (Acts 10:38, NASB)

When Jesus walked the earth, He was on a mission. Not only did He come to die on the cross and save us from our sins, He had a mission to set people free from every kind of brokenness and oppression. He was anointed, or empowered by God, to fulfill His mission. Notice it doesn’t say that He went around doing good and healing some people. No, it says that He went around doing good and healing "all." That was His mission, and He is still fulfilling that mission in the earth today.

The Bible says that you have become an ambassador of Jesus. That means you are His representative. As His representative, you have access to the same power and authority that He has. You are empowered, or anointed, to fulfill His mission in the earth. You are anointed to do good and heal those who are oppressed by the enemy.

Is there someone in your life who needs a touch from God today? You are His hands and feet. You are anointed to do good and pray for the sick. As you reach out to others and allow God to use you, you will see His power flow through you, and you will live the life of victory God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
    "Father, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for doing good in my life and setting me free! Show me how I can be an instrument of Your goodness and healing to those around me today in Jesus’ name. Amen."
  • Prayer of Praise to Christ

Lord Jesus, You are the First and the Last, and the Living One; You were dead, but You are alive forevermore, and You have the keys of death and of Hades. You are the Lion from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David and the Overcomer. You are the Lamb who was slain and whose blood purchased for God people from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. You are worthy to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.

The kingdom of the world has become Your kingdom, and You will reign forever and ever. You are called Faithful and True, and in righteousness You will judge and wage war. You are King of kings and Lord of lords. You are the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. And You are coming quickly, and Your reward is with You. Come, Lord Jesus.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Hebrews 12:5-7

You have forgotten the exhortation, addressed to you as God's children:

'My child, do not regard the Lord's discipline lightly, or lose heart when you are punished; for the Lord disciplines those whom he loves, and chastises every child whom he accepts.'

Endure life's trials for the sake of discipline. God treats you as his child; for what child does a loving father not discipline?

It always seems painful rather than pleasant; but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Therefore, lift your drooping hands, and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not become crippled, but rather be healed. Pursue peace with everyone, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

Job 5:17-20

Behold, how happy is the man whom God reproves,
    So do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.

For He inflicts pain, and gives relief;
    He wounds, and His hands also heal.

From six troubles He will deliver you,
    Even in seven, evil will not touch you.

In famine He will redeem you from death,
    And in war from the power of the sword.
  • Raise the Standard

Today’s Scripture
    "Remind people to be submissive to [their] magistrates and authorities, to be obedient, to be prepared and willing to do any upright and honorable work." (Titus 3:1, AMPC)

What do you do to honor God? A lot of times people think, “Oh, I go to church to honor God. I read my Bible to honor God. I sing and clap in worship to honor God.” And yes, those are ways to honor God, but did you know that you also honor God when you get to work on time? You honor God when you are productive each day and respect the people who are in authority over you. You honor God when you excel in your career.

Actions speak louder than words. When you give your very best in the workplace, your whole life is giving praise to God. Showing up with a good attitude, friendly, organized, being your best—people will notice there’s something different about you. They’ll want what you have.

As believers, we should set the standard in all areas of life. People should see the depth of your character and your spirit of excellence and know that you are a child of the Most High God. Today, make the decision to honor Him in all that you do because you are His representative, His hands and feet in the earth.

A Prayer for Today
    "Father in heaven, I choose to honor You in all that I do. I choose to set the standard and do my very best. Thank You for the privilege of being Your representative. Help me to show Your love and excellence in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."