Forum Topic

Say your prayer here or your prayer request. please respect this thread

• Prayer for Help With Finances

Dear God,

I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
    I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
    I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
    I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
    I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
    I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
    I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
    And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
    Thank you, God.
    Amen!

–Lynn Robinson
  • Nothing Missing

Today's Scripture
    “When you survey your possessions, nothing will be missing. You will have many children; your descendants will be as plentiful as grass!” (Job 5:24–25, NLT)

In the Scripture, Job experienced great losses—his children, his business, and his health. Just when he was about to give up, a friend said, “If you look to God, He will rescue and heal you. This loss is temporary. When God brings restoration, nothing will be missing.”

Later, when Job stated, “I know that my Redeemer lives,” he was declaring that God would finish what He started. Job’s thinking shifted from “this loss is permanent” to “restoration is coming, health is coming, family is coming, victory is coming,” which is what God did for Job. He not only restored what Job had lost, but God gave him twice what he had before. Just as God promised, nothing was missing.

That’s the way our God is. Don’t judge the rest of your life by what’s missing now. When God gets finished, nothing is going to be missing, large or small. Nobody will be able to tell what you went through. You’re going to come out stronger, healthier, more fulfilled, blessed, and prosperous. Your time is coming.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You are on the throne, and You are with me through every time of loss. Thank You that You can bring me out of difficulties better off than I was before they showed up. I believe that Your favor is on me and that nothing will be missing. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Sustain Faith from Boredom

Lord, sometimes I feel myself growing weary with my faith, with you, with prayer, with everything good and Godly in life. I feel a pain where before they was joy and hope. I know you do not want us to feel guilty, but how can I not feel guilty, when I admit to myself that my love for you felt stronger yesterday or last week or last year, than it does now.
    Come to me, Holy Spirit, and drive away my apathy. Forgive me for the smallness and selfishness of my mind. Take away this sense of tedium with your Word, your love, the wondrous gift of eternal life; fill me with zeal and hope, knowing that your plans for me are glorious, and all that I have or will ever have comes from you. Amen.

SRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 John 2:12-14

"I am writing to you, little children,
    because your sins have been forgiven you on account of His name.
    I am writing to you, fathers,
    because you know Him who has been from the beginning.
    I am writing to you, young men,
    because you have overcome the evil one.
    I have written to you, children,
    because you know the Father.
    I have written to you, fathers,
    because you know Him who has been from the beginning.
    I have written to you, young men,
    because you are strong,
    and the word of God remains in you,
    and you have overcome the evil one."
  • What’s in Your Plan?

Today's Scripture
    “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

God has a plan for your life, but He doesn’t show you all the details. If He showed you what He has in store, where He’s taking you, it would excite and amaze you. But if you saw what it’s going to take to get you there—the giants and Pharaohs you’ll face, the lonely nights, the betrayals, the closed doors—you would think, “I’ll just stay where I am.”

God doesn’t show us the details because He knows we would talk ourselves out of it. If you can’t figure out how something is ever going to work out, and you start getting worried, that’s a sign God doesn’t want you to know. You have to be comfortable not knowing.

When you say, “God, I don’t see a way or have the answer for how this situation can work out, but I trust You,” that attitude of faith is what allows God to do great things. He had the solution before you had the problem. Pass the test and simply trust Him.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for Your plan for my life, a plan that is full of hope and an abundant future. Thank You that You are calling me to trust You and to be comfortable not knowing how everything will work out. I believe that You are for me, and that is all I need to know. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Get Plugged In

Today's Scripture
    "When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny." (Psalm 73:16–17)

The writer of Psalm 73 was struggling to understand why God was allowing the people who were coming against him to prosper. He was discouraged. Yet he tells how in the sanctuary, he got a new perspective. He heard people thanking God and telling of His goodness. When he got around people of faith, people who knew that God was in control, that spirit of defeat and depression couldn’t stay. A few verses later, he was making bold declarations of faith.

There are some breakthroughs that are only going to happen when you are in the house of the Lord. Your faith alone may not be enough. That’s why God has ordained you to be in a community of faith, and why you need to get plugged into a good Bible-based church.

Together, we’re better. Together, we’re stronger. There’s power when your faith is connected to other believers’ faith. Before long, instead of a small faith, you have mountain-moving faith. You’re going to bloom, blossom, and flourish in the house of the Lord.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the power and breakthroughs in understanding that are released when I’m connected to others. Thank You that You ordained me to be in a community of faith so that my faith can be joined to others’ faith. Help me to get plugged in and see faith grow to the moving of mountains. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Please include me in your prayers. I feel depressed and feel like taking my own life na. Kaonti nalang talaga.....
  • Prayer for the Unfortunate

God of love, you see all the suffering, injustice, and misery which reign in this world; have pity, I pray, on whom you have created; in your mercy look upon the poor, the oppressed, the destitute, and all who are heavy-laden. Fill my heart with deep compassion for those who suffer, and hasten the coming of your kingdom of justice and truth; for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 43:26-34
    ** Joseph’s Brothers Meet with Him **

When Joseph came home, they brought into the house to him the present that they had with them and bowed down to him to the ground. And he inquired about their welfare and said, “Is your father well, the old man of whom you spoke? Is he still alive?”

They said, “Your servant our father is well; he is still alive.” And they bowed their heads and prostrated themselves. And he lifted up his eyes and saw his brother Benjamin, his mother’s son, and said, “Is this your youngest brother, of whom you spoke to me? God be gracious to you, my son!”

Then Joseph hurried out, for his compassion grew warm for his brother, and he sought a place to weep. And he entered his chamber and wept there. Then he washed his face and came out. And controlling himself he said, “Serve the food.”

They served him by himself, and them by themselves, and the Egyptians who ate with him by themselves, because the Egyptians could not eat with the Hebrews, for that is an abomination to the Egyptians. And they sat before him, the firstborn according to his birthright and the youngest according to his youth.

And the men looked at one another in amazement. Portions were taken to them from Joseph’s table, but Benjamin’s portion was five times as much as any of theirs. And they drank and were merry with him.
  • The Greatness of His Goodness

Today's Scripture
    "Oh, how great is your goodness to those who publicly declare that you will rescue them. For you have stored up great blessings for those who trust and reverence you." (Psalm 31:19, TLB)

When you look back over your life, you can see the goodness of God. There were the times when He made a way when you didn’t see a way. You were at the right place at the right time. Your health didn’t look good, but somehow it turned around. You made mistakes that should have held you back, but God in His mercy covered you. He brought you out, and now you’re blessed and fulfilling your purpose. You didn’t get to where you are by yourself. It was the hand of God. He’s been working behind the scenes in your life, pushing back forces of darkness.

What has God done in your life? Are you recognizing it, are you living amazed, filled with gratitude? Take time every day to acknowledge how great His goodness has been in your life. If you’re going to continue to go further, you need to remember that the Lord your God has brought you this far, and the Lord your God is going to keep you going.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that Your hand has been upon my life in so many ways. Thank You for the countless blessings You have brought me and for all You are going to do as You take me forward. I stand in awe of Your goodness to me, and I will not forget it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer of Gratitude

For food in a world where many walk in hunger; For shelter in a world where many lay homeless and exposed last night; For faith in a world where many walk in fear; For friends in a world where many walk alone; We give you thanks, O Lord. Amen

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 John 2:15-17

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world — the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life — is not from the Father but is from the world.

And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
  • You Have the Cure

Today's Scripture
    "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5, NIV)

One of the challenges we faced with the coronavirus was that our bodies had no antibodies to fight it. Without a cure, without a vaccine, we were at its mercy. Once you have the cure, the vaccine, you don’t have to fear the disease. But what about virus-like poisons you can’t treat with a vaccine—guilt, fear, depression, addictions. These can infect our thinking, poison our self-esteem, and make us sick with regrets, hurts, and disappointments.

The good news is that the Scripture says by the stripes Jesus received before He went to the cross, He took our guilt, our shame, and our failures upon Himself, and “we are healed.” We are not at the mercy of fear, depression, or addictions. We have the cure. The Most High God’s being for you is more than the world being against you. Don’t let the fear, the guilt, or the depression hold you down. Take the antidote. “Father, thank You that I am forgiven, I am redeemed, I am free, and I am healthy and whole.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and I can wear the crown of Your favor. Thank You that by Jesus’ stripes I am healed from all guilt and condemnation. I believe that You have provided me the cure for all that sickens me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • This Can Be Your Legacy

Today's Scripture
    “For my own honor and for the sake of my servant David, I will defend this city and protect it.” (2 Kings 19:34, NLT)

In 2 Kings 19, King Hezekiah, one of David’s descendants, was on the throne in Judah. The powerful Assyrian army was about to attack Jerusalem, and Hezekiah didn’t stand a chance. But when he prayed and asked God to help them, that very night an angel destroyed 185,000 in the Assyrian camp, and the Assyrian king went home.

Hezekiah was so thrilled, and I can imagine he wondered why God had given him such favor. Today’s Scripture answers that: “for the sake of my servant David.” This took place nearly three hundred years after David died, yet David’s legacy of seeds of obedience, seeds of helping others, and seeds of honoring God were still producing fruit in his family line.

Every time you help someone in need and make sacrifices for them to go further, you’re sowing a seed not only for you to go further, but for those who come after you in your family line to go further. They will see favor and protection because you made decisions that honor God.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the remarkable possibility that the seeds of obedience and of helping others I am sowing today can continue to bless my descendants for many generations. Help me to leave a legacy that honors You and produces good fruit long after I am gone. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for Those in Distress

I pray to you, Master, be our helper and defender. Rescue those of our number in distress; raise up the fallen; assist the needy; heal the sick; turn back those of your people who stray; feed the hungry; release our captives; revive the weak; encourage those who lose heart. Let all the nations realize that you are the only God, that Jesus Christ is your Child, and that we are your people and the sheep of your pasture. Amen.
    ~ Clement of Rome (@ 96 A.D.)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 44:1-13
    ** Joseph Tests His Brothers **

Then he commanded the steward of his house, “Fill the men’s sacks with food, as much as they can carry, and put each man’s money in the mouth of his sack, and put my cup, the silver cup, in the mouth of the sack of the youngest, with his money for the grain.” And he did as Joseph told him.

As soon as the morning was light, the men were sent away with their donkeys. They had gone only a short distance from the city. Now Joseph said to his steward, “Up, follow after the men, and when you overtake them, say to them, ‘Why have you repaid evil for good? Is it not from this that my lord drinks, and by this that he practices divination? You have done evil in doing this.’”

When he overtook them, he spoke to them these words. They said to him, “Why does my lord speak such words as these? Far be it from your servants to do such a thing! Behold, the money that we found in the mouths of our sacks we brought back to you from the land of Canaan. How then could we steal silver or gold from your lord’s house? Whichever of your servants is found with it shall die, and we also will be my lord’s servants.”

He said, “Let it be as you say: he who is found with it shall be my servant, and the rest of you shall be innocent.” Then each man quickly lowered his sack to the ground, and each man opened his sack. And he searched, beginning with the eldest and ending with the youngest. And the cup was found in Benjamin’s sack. Then they tore their clothes, and every man loaded his donkey, and they returned to the city.
  • Take the Pressure Off

Today's Scripture
    “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” (Matthew 6:34, NLT)

When we face challenges to which we don’t see an answer, many times there’s a voice constantly whispering, “What are you going to do?” With it comes the pressure to solve it, but when you’re comfortable not knowing the answer, it takes the pressure off. Somebody says, “I heard about your problem. What are you going to do?” Your answer should be, “I don’t know, but I am at peace knowing the One who does, and He says to not worry about it.”

If there’s something about your health, your marriage, or your finances that you don’t have an answer to, quit trying to figure it out. Take the same time that you would normally spend worrying and wondering about it, and use it to thank God that He’s working. Thank Him that He’s making crooked places straight. Thank Him that all things are working for your good. God is going to not just bring promises to pass, not just turn problems around, but it’s going to turn out better than you imagined.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I do not have to keep being trapped in worry about things over which I have no control. Thank You that just as You clothe the lilies of the fields, You will provide me with exactly what I need when I need it. I choose to rest, knowing that You will work it for my good. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for Peace in the World

Holy God, it seems that every time I turn on the news, the world gets a little worse each day. I know sin has ravaged this planet and that the world will lack complete peace until Christ returns. Nevertheless, you have told us to pray for our needs, and so I ask that you intervene in the world and grant us peace; and especially among those who confess Christ, but also the unsaved. Help us to find more ways to love our neighbors and show the world your goodness.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 44:14-34
    ** Joseph Demands that Benjamin Stay in Egypt **

When Judah and his brothers came to Joseph’s house, he was still there. They fell before him to the ground. Joseph said to them, “What deed is this that you have done? Do you not know that a man like me can indeed practice divination?”

And Judah said, “What shall we say to my lord? What shall we speak? Or how can we clear ourselves? God has found out the guilt of your servants; behold, we are my lord’s servants, both we and he also in whose hand the cup has been found.”

But he said, “Far be it from me that I should do so! Only the man in whose hand the cup was found shall be my servant. But as for you, go up in peace to your father.”

When Judah went up to him and said, “Oh, my lord, please let your servant speak a word in my lord’s ears, and let not your anger burn against your servant, for you are like Pharaoh himself. My lord asked his servants, saying, ‘Have you a father, or a brother?’ And we said to my lord, ‘We have a father, an old man, and a young brother, the child of his old age. His brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother’s children, and his father loves him.’

Then you said to your servants, ‘Bring him down to me, that I may set my eyes on him.’

“When we went back to your servant my father, . . . my father said to us, ‘You know that my wife bore me two sons. One left me, and I said, “Surely he has been torn to pieces,” and I have never seen him since. If you take this one also from me, and harm happens to him, you will bring down my gray hairs in evil to Sheol.’
    Adam Eve serpent 17th century - long +

“Now therefore, as soon as I come to your servant my father, and the boy is not with us, then, as his life is bound up in the boy’s life, as soon as he sees that the boy is not with us, he will die, . . . Now therefore, please let your servant remain instead of the boy as a servant to my lord, and let the boy go back with his brothers. For how can I go back to my father if the boy is not with me? I fear to see the evil that would find my father.”
  • Turn On the Power

Today's Scripture
    "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16, NKJV)

The word “fervent” in the original language is where we get our word for “energy.” It suggests the idea of it being energizing, like how electricity energizes a circuit. You can plug a light into the outlet, but if the power is not on, it’s not going to do any good.

Today’s Scripture says the effective, fervent prayer—not a weak prayer, not a lethargic prayer, not the same prayer repeated daily with no passion. But when you pray a passionate prayer, a stirred-up prayer, a bold prayer, that makes tremendous power available.

“God, I know I don’t deserve it, but if You want to, You can help me.” You’re not energizing the circuit with that prayer. Depressed prayers don’t bring any power.
    Turn it around. “Father, thank You that You’re opening doors no man can shut. Thank You that You’re bringing me into overflow and taking me where I can’t go on my own.” That prayer is an effective, fervent, passionate, courage-filled prayer. Turn on the power.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You for the power that comes when I pray to You with fervency and passion. Teach me to be effective in prayer that brings wonderful results. I believe that my prayers come before Your throne, that You’re listening, and that You’re acting on them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 John 2:18-20

Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us. But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.
  • Be the Bigger Person

Today's Scripture
    “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road, has sent me so that you might regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 9:17)

Saul was the biggest enemy of the early church. He went around having believers arrested and put in jail. Yet when Saul was at the point of his deepest need, God sent a Christian named Ananias to pray for Saul and speak to his need. In praying for Saul, Ananias did good to someone who had done great harm to his fellow believers. Saul went on to become the apostle Paul, who wrote nearly half the books of the New Testament.

You may have people like Saul in your life who have been against you for years. They may not be that menacing or vocal, but they’re condescending toward you and treat you as though you’re less-than. Will you be good to that Saul in your life even though he hasn’t treated you right? Will you show her favor when she needs what you have? Be the bigger person and bless those who have cursed you. In their time of need, don’t withhold your help. Don’t worry. God is your vindicator.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that no matter how badly I am treated at times, You are always my vindicator. Thank You that You love the Sauls who are in my life, and You are working in their lives as well as mine. I will be the bigger person and show them favor and bless them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Glory to God!

Glory to you, O mighty and glorious God, for the unquenchable fire of your grace;
    Glory to you, building your Church, a haven of peace in a tortured world;
    Glory to you for the life-giving water of Baptism in which we find new birth;
    Glory to you, restoring to the penitent purity, white as the lily;
    Glory to you for the cup of salvation and the bread of eternal joy;
    Glory to you for exalting us to the highest heaven;
    Glory to you, O mighty and glorious God, for all eternity, Amen.

~ by Gregory Petrov (1945, in a prison camp)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 45:1-8

Then Joseph could not control himself before all those who stood by him. He cried, “Make everyone go out from me.” So no one stayed with him when Joseph made himself known to his brothers. And he wept aloud, so that the Egyptians heard it, and the household of Pharaoh heard it. And Joseph said to his brothers, “I am Joseph! Is my father still alive?”

But his brothers could not answer him, for they were dismayed at his presence.

So Joseph said to his brothers, “Come near to me, please.” And they came near. And he said, “I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt. And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life. For the famine has been in the land these two years, and there are yet five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvest.

And God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant on earth, and to keep alive for you many survivors. So it was not you who sent me here, but God. He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house and ruler over all the land of Egypt.
  • Pause and Remember

Today's Scripture
    "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." (Psalm 100:4, NIV)

In the Old Testament, God commanded His people to take time out from their busy schedules to celebrate a variety of national festivals, which were times of remembrance. He wanted His people to pause and remember the marvelous deeds that He had performed for them—how He parted the Red Sea, how He brought water out of the rock, how manna came down from heaven in the wilderness. These festivals were marked by thanksgiving and joyous feasting.

Today is a special day for us to do the same—to enter His gates with an offering of thanksgiving and praise from our hearts for the good things He has done in our land, in our lives, and in the lives of our family members. Pause and remember those places and spaces in your life when God brought you victory, brought you success. When you remember that He is providing for all your needs and give thanks to God for who He is and the miracles He has done in your life, you will be transformed.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I can enter into Your presence with a heart full of thanksgiving. Thank You for providing for all my needs and doing exceedingly abundantly above all I could ever ask or imagine. I give You a sacrifice of praise for You are good, and Your mercy endures forever! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer of Dedication

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus’ name, I pray,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 45:9-20
    ** Joseph Promises to Provide for His Family **

Hurry and go up to my father and say to him, ‘Thus says your son Joseph, God has made me lord of all Egypt. Come down to me; do not tarry. You shall dwell in the land of Goshen, and you shall be near me, you and your children and your children’s children, and your flocks, your herds, and all that you have. There I will provide for you, for there are yet five years of famine to come, so that you and your household, and all that you have, do not come to poverty.’

And now your eyes see, and the eyes of my brother Benjamin see, that it is my mouth that speaks to you. You must tell my father of all my honor in Egypt, and of all that you have seen. Hurry and bring my father down here.”

Then he fell upon his brother Benjamin’s neck and wept, and Benjamin wept upon his neck. And he kissed all his brothers and wept upon them. After that his brothers talked with him.

When the report was heard in Pharaoh’s house, “Joseph’s brothers have come,” it pleased Pharaoh and his servants.

And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Say to your brothers, ‘Do this: load your beasts and go back to the land of Canaan, and take your father and your households, and come to me, and I will give you the best of the land of Egypt, and you shall eat the fat of the land.’ And you, Joseph, are commanded to say, ‘Do this: take wagons from the land of Egypt for your little ones and for your wives, and bring your father, and come. Have no concern for your goods, for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours.’”
  • Ripping-Off-the-Roof Faith

Today's Scripture
    When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” (Mark 2:5, NIV)

In Mark 2, four friends put a paralyzed man on a stretcher and carried him to a house where Jesus was teaching. In effect, they were saying, “We’re taking you to Jesus. You may not think you can ever walk again, but we are believing for you. You can borrow our faith.”

When they got there, the house was so packed they couldn’t get in. Rather than give up, they carried the man to the roof, took off the covering, and lowered him to Jesus. It says that “when Jesus saw their faith,” He healed the man. It wasn’t the faith of the paralyzed man but his friends. They lifted him, carried him, believed for him, and refused to give up. They had ripping-off-the-roof faith.

God has put people in your life strategically so you can be a friend with faith. Don’t miss the opportunity, don’t be so busy with your needs and goals that you miss carrying someone to their healing, praying for the friend who’s hurting, lifting a coworker who’s discouraged. Let them borrow your faith.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You see my faith and that You honor my faith in You. Thank You for the power of faith to carry others to their healing, to their comforting, to their encouragement. Help me to have a ripping-off-the-roof faith to share with others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Ripping-Off-the-Roof Faith

Today's Scripture
    When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” (Mark 2:5, NIV)

In Mark 2, four friends put a paralyzed man on a stretcher and carried him to a house where Jesus was teaching. In effect, they were saying, “We’re taking you to Jesus. You may not think you can ever walk again, but we are believing for you. You can borrow our faith.”

When they got there, the house was so packed they couldn’t get in. Rather than give up, they carried the man to the roof, took off the covering, and lowered him to Jesus. It says that “when Jesus saw their faith,” He healed the man. It wasn’t the faith of the paralyzed man but his friends. They lifted him, carried him, believed for him, and refused to give up. They had ripping-off-the-roof faith.

God has put people in your life strategically so you can be a friend with faith. Don’t miss the opportunity, don’t be so busy with your needs and goals that you miss carrying someone to their healing, praying for the friend who’s hurting, lifting a coworker who’s discouraged. Let them borrow your faith.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that You see my faith and that You honor my faith in You. Thank You for the power of faith to carry others to their healing, to their comforting, to their encouragement. Help me to have a ripping-off-the-roof faith to share with others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful day. Look after me and protect me throughout the day. Give me the wisdom to see and experience Your world in all its beauty. Let me experience the wonder of your creation.

Protect my family and those closest to me. Let me share with the world today, learning, growing, and contributing, and make the world a better place for all who know me, and for those who don't. Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 John 2:21-25

I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.

Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that he made to us — eternal life.
  • No Compromise

Today's Scripture
    Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned. I violated the LORD’s command and your instructions. I was afraid of the men and so I gave in to them.” (1 Samuel 15:24, NIV)

King Saul lost his throne, and today’s Scripture provides the reason. God had told him to do certain things, but he disobeyed because he was afraid of the people. God was going to take him to amazing places, but Saul didn’t want to disappoint the people. He knew the right thing to do, but he didn’t want to rock the boat. People pressured him and squeezed him into their mold. As a people pleaser, he did not reach his potential.

Don’t let somebody squeeze you into their mold. Listen to other people’s advice, but be strong and follow that still, small voice inside. Nobody can hear God’s direction for your life like you. God doesn’t give someone else more insight about your destiny than He does you. Others may have insights, but God speaks to your spirit. You don’t need their approval; the Most High God has approved you. The One who breathed life into you has accepted you. Don’t let the fear of other people keep you from doing what’s right.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that I don’t have to let other people squeeze me into their mold. Thank You that You speak to me with directions for my life, and Your approval is all that I need. I’m not going to be pressured into compromising what I know is right to do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for Forgiveness

Almighty and most merciful Father, I have erred and strayed from your ways like a lost sheep. I have followed too much the devices and desires of my own heart. I have offended against your holy laws. I have left undone those things which I ought to have done; and I have done those things which I ought not to have done; and there is no good in me.

O Lord, have mercy upon me, a miserable sinner. Spare all those, O God, who confess their faults. Restore those who are penitent; according to your promises declared to us in Christ Jesus our Lord. And Grant that I and all who confess his holy name may hereafter live a godly, righteous, and sober life; to his glory and not our own,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Isaiah 51:17-23
    ** God Promises Salvation for Zion **

Awake, awake, and stand, Jerusalem, which has drunk the cup of Jehovah's wrath. You have drunk the cup until you stagger, and drained it.

Among all the sons she has spawned, there is none to lead you; among all the sons that she has raised, none will take her by the hand.

You have received desolation and destruction have fallen, and who will moan for you? Both famine and the sword have come, and how can you be comforted?

Your sons have fainted and lie in the streets, like deer in a trap; they are full of the wrath of Jehovah, the rebuke of your God.

Therefore hear this, you afflicted, drunken with wine. Your Lord Jehovah speaks, your God who pleads the cause of his people. “Behold, I have taken the cup of staggering out of your hand, even the bowl filled by my wrath; you will drink it no more. I will put it instead into the hands of them that afflict you, that have said to your soul, 'Bow down, that we may pass by.' For you have put your back flat on ground, as flat as the street, to them that pass by you.”
  • When You Don’t Understand

Today's Scripture
    "It is God’s privilege to conceal things…" (Proverbs 25:2, NLT)

One night the teenage son of a couple we know was killed in a car accident. You can imagine how devastated and heartbroken they were. Many couples would get angry and let the tragedy sour the rest of their lives. They went through a dark time, but they came through it and explained how: “We made the decision that we weren’t going to exchange what we do know for what we don’t know. We know that God is good, that He’s loving, that He’s for us. We would not let one situation that we don’t understand cancel all that out.”

If you’re always trying to figure out why something happened, you’re going to get frustrated and bitter. If God wants you to know why, He’ll tell you why. But there are some things God doesn’t want us to know yet. If you’re going to trust God, you have to be mature enough to drop it and say, “God, I don’t have to have all the answers. You’re God. Your ways are better than mine.”

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that no matter what I go through, You are good and You love me. I leave the things I don’t understand in Your hands and know that You will reveal or conceal things according to what’s best for me. I trust that Your ways are better than mine. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Thrown Mercy

Today's Scripture
    “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” “No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” (John 8:10–11, NLT)

Jesus was teaching in the temple when the religious leaders dragged a woman caught in adultery in front of the crowd and said, “The law of Moses says to stone her. What do You say?” She was guilty, deeply shamed, without a defense. Rather than answer, “Jesus stooped to the ground and wrote in the dust with his finger.”

They may have thought He was stooping down to pick up a rock to throw, but He stooped down to throw mercy. He said, “You who are without sin, go ahead and throw the first stone.” It was dead silence until one man walked out, then another and another. It wasn’t until all the men left that Jesus stood up and spoke the words of forgiveness in today’s Scripture.

This story signifies how God will get dirty to rescue you. He’s not a God who just stays in the heavens. He’s a God who stoops in the dirt to restore someone caught in sin, shame, and disgrace. His way is to free you from guilt and release you from condemnation.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that Your love is the real love that I need to change my life. Thank You that You sent Jesus to stoop into my dirt and free me from all condemnation for my sins. I receive Your mercy now, and I believe I am free from all guilt. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

-- edited by totnaker on Mar 20 2023, 09:06 PM
  • Prayer for Morning

In the morning when I rise, I give praise to my God, who shows His glory in the sun. O Lord God, you are the source of all warmth, all light, all sustenance. You bring us out of the darkness of ignorance and the blindness of death every day, that we might remember who made us and who sustains us. Your sun is a promise, that the night of death will end and you will rise again, and with you, all who confess the name of your blessed Son, Christ Jesus.

Let me remember you when I rise and all the day, my God, every waking moment; and let me sleep each night in peace, confident that I will rise with your sun once again, in the time you have chosen for me.
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: Genesis 46:8-26

Now these are the names of the descendants of Israel, who came into Egypt, Jacob and his sons. Reuben, Jacob’s firstborn, and the sons of Reuben: Hanoch, Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi. [Names of Jacob’s other eleven sons and their children.]

All the persons belonging to Jacob who came into Egypt, who were his own descendants, not including Jacob’s sons’ wives, were sixty-six persons in all. And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two. All the persons of the house of Jacob who came into Egypt were seventy.
  • No Excuses

Today's Scripture
    "Listen! The LORD’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call." (Isaiah 59:1, NLT)

We all go through things that are unfair—people do us wrong, the company let us go, we came down with an illness. It’s easy to live with a victim mentality, thinking we’re at a disadvantage, we were shortchanged, we can’t do anything great.

We can’t love again because the last person hurt us. We can’t be happy because we’ve lost too much. As long as you accept that you’re a victim, you’re going to get stuck. Don’t use what you’ve been through as an excuse to feel sorry for yourself, to limit you, to not pursue your dreams.

You have to take the hand you’ve been dealt and make the most of it. Nothing that’s happened to you has stopped your destiny. When someone did you wrong and walked away, it may have been painful, but they didn’t ruin your life. They don’t have that much power.

With His strong right arm, God will work out His plan for you. Now do your part and be the victor.

A Prayer for Today
    “Father, thank You that this is a new day and that by Your strong right arm You are about to do a new thing in my life. Thank You that You have a way to break through the negative things that keep me stuck. I’m dropping the excuses and looking for new beginnings today. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
  • Prayer for Help with the Burdens of Life

Grant me, I pray, your divine helping grace; endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering and to you, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when you know it is for the best, you will deliver me from my troubles, and turn my distress into comfort, and I will rejoice in your mercy, and exalt and praise your Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
    Amen.

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY: 1 John 2:26-29
    ** Children of God **

I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie — just as it has taught you, abide in him.

And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.