Forum Topic

Seasonic PSU users pasok.....

• Yup, sine wave UPSes here are priced ridiculously. If they weren't I would have bought one a long time ago. As is, I haven't ruled out getting a UPS, since I'm almost done building my rig (only a gaming mouse is missing) but my interest is admittedly not very strong. If I'm gonna buy one, I'll just get a stepped wave UPS knowing that the chance of issues with the PSU (a Seasonic MII12 EVO 750W) is low. My lack of interest is mainly because power interruptions/fluctuations in my area in Q.C. are rare. They only occur predictably during times when there are strong thunderstorms, in which case it's advisable to shut down the PC rather than continue using it (a temptation, especially when one has a UPS) because of the chance of lightning strikes.
  • I've been also wanting to buy a UPS for a long time, but I got turned off by the risk of incompatibility with active PFC PSU's.

The cheapest APC UPS with true sine wave output I have seen is the Smart-UPS SMT750i which costs around Php 20K but refurbished units may be cheaper. Either way it is still too expensive for my needs. Factor in the cost of replacing batteries every 4-5 years and the cost greatly outweighs the benefits in my case.

So what I do instead is just set the PC to not power back on when there is a power outage. Setting this in the BIOS and getting a servo AVR with power on delay mechanism helps in minimizing the risk of damage due to the sudden power surge after a brownout. I just wait for the power to be stable before turning the PC back on. The downside though is you lose any unsaved data if you were working on something.

That's one advantage notebooks have over desktop PC's... built-in UPS hehe :-)
  • got my replacement psu, bnew sealed
  • Bumili ako ng FSP 800VA ups a couple of years ago. Hindi siya compatible sa Seasonic s12 620watts, powering Core i5, GTX 960, 2 sata hdd. Shutdown agad ang PC kahit alisin ko ang videocard at monitor sa ups. Tried connecting to my laptop and Samsung 40" LED TV and working naman ang ups. Pero after a month nagkaroon ng single pink vertical line yun led tv. Binenta ko agad yun ups within a week after buying it and compatible naman siya sa certain FSP psu accdg. to my buyer.

Expensive ang pure sinewave ups. For the meantime for budget conscious we can opt for combination of avr with time delay (Tronix brand could suffice) and surge protector. Regarding surge protector Panther brand; look for BPS certified (PSP 1210, 0211dahil yun lang ang meron Varistor component. Usual models only come with line filter.

I hope magkaroon tayo ng detailed list ng compatible UPS>PSU combination.
  • Regarding surge protector Panther brand; look for BPS certified (PSP 1210, 0211dahil yun lang ang meron Varistor component. Usual models only come with line filter).

Thank you for sharing this... very useful information. Sa Panther website ito yung nakita ko na BPS Certified:

<click here for link> >> 2 pics per post so link nalang :-)

Looks like walang varistor yung Panther surge protectors na gamit ko ngayon, line filters lang...
  • Yes, so far so good naman yun rig ko after 2 and 3 years with those surge protectors. What I like about Panther is that there are no overvoltage (in milliseconds) when unplugging and playing with the switches, unlike some Huntkey.

Eto kaka receive ko lang kanina ng serviced surge at avr. Maybe yun voltage spikes na nakikita via cdrking multimeter invalid reading. Sa true rms meter nila stable naman ang output ng Panther avr. 100php lang ang siningil sa varistors at switch replacement ng avr maybe because twice ko na silang pinuntahan at first case nila yun avr ko. Sa avr naman recalibration ginawa nila due to rapid clicking noise.

• kind of disappointed with Seasonic, less than 6 month palang, nagkaproblem na,perwisyo pa, ang mahal mahal eh, bigla na lang ayaw mag start, replaced with an old psu, the system started, brought to PCHUB Gilmore, for some reason, started working again, went home confused, reconnected to the same system all fine till after 6 days, happened again, wont start normally, replaced again with my old PSU, everything ok, troubleshoot the psu again, with green wire and black wire jumper, work for sometime, but wont boot the board, start then shutdowns, then, completely no power, returned again to PCHUB Gilmore, to my surprise its working again, just left it there and ask them na dalin na nila sa manufacturer para sila na magtest, Malolos pa ko, 2 times ako pumunta sa kanila, for a pricey shitty PSU! by the way my PSU is a G series 550watts

-- edited by melquimagcaling2 on Nov 12 2017, 07:37 PM
  • ^ I don't think that it's your psu that has a problem. I would rather think na may mali sa other components mo that is causing the problem. For sure babalik lang yan psu mo from the distro.
  • How would my other PC components be the problem? My PC is working fine now with my old thermaltake 500watts psu.

Also <click here for link> seems to be the same problem
  • Tsambahan na lang talaga.. like sa mobile Phones.. Samsung at Iphone na superior sa mobile phones nag kaka factory defect din ^_^

It doesnt mean na #1 or #2 brand na.. hindi nangangahulugan na wala kang factory deffect.. magkakaron at mag kakaron yan ^_^

luckyly yung sa server na nilagay ko dipa na tsambahan. wag naman sana... : )) Seasonic G550 din.

• melquimagcaling2 Send Message View User Items on 12 Nov 17 @ 07:35 PM #
    kind of disappointed with Seasonic, less than 6 month palang, nagkaproblem na,perwisyo pa, ang mahal mahal eh, bigla na lang ayaw mag start, replaced with an old psu, the system started, brought to PCHUB Gilmore, for some reason, started working again, went home confused, reconnected to the same system all fine till after 6 days, happened again, wont start normally, replaced again with my old PSU, everything ok, troubleshoot the psu again, with green wire and black wire jumper, work for sometime, but wont boot the board, start then shutdowns, then, completely no power, returned again to PCHUB Gilmore, to my surprise its working again, just left it there and ask them na dalin na nila sa manufacturer para sila na magtest, Malolos pa ko, 2 times ako pumunta sa kanila, for a pricey shitty PSU! by the way my PSU is a G series 550watts

Any update sa PSU mo sir? Ganyan din prob ko ngayon, minsan mag boboot loop or hindi talaga mag boboot. Tried reseating everything RAM and GPU, na-reset ko na din yung BIOS ayaw pa din. Pero bigla na lang mag boboot after some time. Prime 750w sakin.
  • jclubigan

Wala pa Sir eh, 2 - 3 weeks daw processing, so after lang ng 2-3 weeks na ako tawag to follow up.
  • mga idol ask ko lang po, san po ba pwede ipa-RMA mga seasonic products? and kelangan pa po ba ng resibo ng store pag dinala doon o kahit yung unit with box nalang?
    kind of disappointed with Seasonic, less than 6 month palang, nagkaproblem na,perwisyo pa, ang mahal mahal eh, bigla na lang ayaw mag start, replaced with an old psu, the system started, brought to PCHUB Gilmore, for some reason, started working again, went home confused, reconnected to the same system all fine till after 6 days, happened again, wont start normally, replaced again with my old PSU, everything ok, troubleshoot the psu again, with green wire and black wire jumper, work for sometime, but wont boot the board, start then shutdowns, then, completely no power, returned again to PCHUB Gilmore, to my surprise its working again, just left it there and ask them na dalin na nila sa manufacturer para sila na magtest, Malolos pa ko, 2 times ako pumunta sa kanila, for a pricey shitty PSU! by the way my PSU is a G series 550watts

sad to say ganyan din 520w ko haha, tinyaga ko yan for 2 years then nung totally dead na saka ko lang napa RMA, bali kapag di sya nag boboot nag bblinking yung keyboard.

kaya antipid namin nun sa kuryente kapag di nag oopen pc ko pinapabayaan ko nalang, after a few hours nag ook din

my Seasonic G550 Gold is 3 years+ now. No issues so far. Baka lemon yung napunta sayo sir.
  • @Esdeath

Good for you sir, but they are a reputable brand, researching in the internet, they have the same issues, most notably in their G series, even within this thread, several have the same problem. its a kind of problem that irritates, its just not dead, it works sometimes then sometimes it doesn't! It would be better off that it just died, nah, it have to live again when you brought it in for warranty! hence wasting your time and money! But i do agree that even the greatest brands have lemons, but hopefully they address the issue.

-- edited by melquimagcaling2 on Nov 26 2017, 03:11 PM
  • Hello guys, may alam pa ba kayo kung saan makakabili ng Seasonic na mga 400 to 450W lang, wala na ako makita dito sa TPC at shops. Baka may nakita pa kayo kung saan pa pm nalang {kung hindi pwede ipost dito.)
  • ^
    Try contacting Helix , I guess?
  • Hey guys I've been experiencing some problems with my psu. I've stated the RMA process through helix technologies and created a support ticket 5 days ago. Until now there still has been no response even though it stated that they would be one within 24 hours. I have tried contacting their Facebook page and also their email but also no response. Any advice guys ? Thank you
  • Hey guys I've been experiencing some problems with my psu. I've stated the RMA process through helix technologies and created a support ticket 5 days ago. Until now there still has been no response even though it stated that they would be one within 24 hours. I have tried contacting their Facebook page and also their email but also no response. Any advice guys ? Thank you
    Mag rereply din yan. hintayin mu lang or baka busy lang. tawagan mu sila sa Landline.. if gusto mu talaga ng rush.
  • Feedback on my Seasonic GS 550, PCHUB just called me that they will just give me store credits since Seasonic determined that its a faulty product, but since they don't have a replacement, they just decided to use store crediting! But, problems, i have no plans on buying on a PC part right now, i'm more focus more now on consoles (xbox). Do i have the right to demand for a refund, since the item i bought to them gave me additional cost and burden than the price i originally bought it. I was originally planning on selling the unit if it returned to me or is replaced. Any thoughts?
  • Feedback on my Seasonic GS 550, PCHUB just called me that they will just give me store credits since Seasonic determined that its a faulty product, but since they don't have a replacement, they just decided to use store crediting! But, problems, i have no plans on buying on a PC part right now, i'm more focus more now on consoles (xbox). Do i have the right to demand for a refund, since the item i bought to them gave me additional cost and burden than the price i originally bought it. I was originally planning on selling the unit if it returned to me or is replaced. Any thoughts?
    DTI ang maasahan mu jan.. mag demand ka muna kay PChub ng refund.. "syempre" di sila papayag... kase nga walang cash refund..

but in your case.. pwede mu naman i reason yun kay DTI "like" wala ka nang tiwala sa item na binebenta nila...
  • Thanks Sir xXxYoWxXx
  • Palagi po brownout dito sa ligar namin. Siguro on e a week mag brobrownout. Tapos ung brownout pa patay sindi. Ano po marerecomend nyo sa pc ko avr, ups o surge protector. Psu ko po seasonic s12II 530w po. Thanks sa reply
  • Mag UPS ka na sir, APC para may home service warranty, 1000VA + need mo.

-- edited by melquimagcaling2 on Jan 02 2018, 09:16 AM
  • Mag UPS ka na sir, APC para may home service warranty, 1000VA + need mo.

Magkano po ba ung ganyan sir? May mas mura pa ba na option? Di naman po ako heavy gamer. Pinoproblema ko lg baka masira ung PSU kasi ung kuryente dito pg ng brownout ng flufluctuate. Tapos biglang ng papatay sindi. Ok lg khit i off ko muna temporary ung pc di ko nmn masyado need ng extra power.
  • nasa 10k, sir! Yung akin 650VA lang kaso ala pa 10 seconds patay agad, 650watts PSU ko, pero sa wattage calculator ang need ko lang eh 300watts max. 650VA supposedly can handle it, but unfortunately, hindi kaya, mas maganda talaga nas 800 - 1000VA
  • @BoyHapo

Best option sana yung UPS with built-in AVR feature, true sine wave output, and matagal ang hold-up time. Problem lang may kamahalan din kasi ang UPS na may ganun features, especially yung may true sine wave output.

Sometimes may incompatibility din ang UPS sa mga PSU with active PFC (tulad ng Seasonic) kapag hindi true sine wave ang output nila. So baka may instance na pag nag switch to battery power ang UPS, mag restart ang PC mo or may weird noise galing sa PSU like a buzzing or humming sound. Take note na hindi ito nangyayari palagi and case-to-case basis lang.

Kung masyado mahal ang UPS, suggestion ko go with Panther surge protector + good servo AVR na may power on delay. Then set mo sa BIOS ng PC mo na kapag may loss of power dahil sa brownout, hindi siya automatically mag turn-on kapag na-restore ang AC power.

Usually ang nakaka-damage sa PC ay hindi yung biglang loss of AC power, pero yung biglang bumalik ang AC power dahil mataas ang voltage or may power surge. So to be safe, kapag nag brownout hayaan mo lang mag power down ang PC. Then wait a few minutes before powering up again the PC kapag tingin mo stable na ang kuryente.

Yung surge protector will help protect your PC from power surges, while yung servo AVR naman will protect your PC from fluctuating voltage (for example nag fli-flicker yung lights niyo sa bahay). Unfortunately hindi sila mag protect against loss of AC power tulad ng UPS, pero kahit papaano may added protection din sila.
  • Mga sir yung seasonic g750 ko po bought on January 30 2016 at nagloloko na po ganung ganun po yung problem nila on off automatic minsan magagamit ng mga ilang oras tapos on off na naman under warranty pa po ng seasonic paano po ba magpawarranty ng seasonic psu?

Maraming salamat po...

-- edited by Squall_2798 on Jan 06 2018, 09:56 AM
  • pa warranty mo na yan, phaseout na yang series na yan, may problema yata talaga yang series na yan