Forum Topic

HP Pavillion dm1z (AMD-Fusion) users unite!

• yup, though nagiinstall yung driver, ang problem is yung applet that controls the bluetooth kung saan mo iinitiate yung pairing. Sa Win8 instead na bluetooth menu ang mag launch ang nagoopen ay explorer. lol.

Btw, ano pinaka-stable na video drivers sa Win 8 ang gamit niyo? Madalas kasi BSOD ko, parang related sa video/hdmi audio :(
  • I used catalyst 13.1
  • This HP DM1 plays HD videos so well and its audio quality is impressive when paired with my Grado SR60 headphone. Amazing!
  • Wow may topic pala sa DM1z, nice. Got this laptop second hand here in TPC. Installed Ubuntu 12.10, now 13.04 para ma-iba naman sa Windows, so far so good. May makakapagpa-compare ba speed-wise ng Windows 7 at Ubuntu? Di ko kasi na test Windows sa sobrang atat.
  • @rellik

It works fine on Windows 7 and Windows 8 32bit or 64bit.

I don\'t use Ubuntu or any linux distro so I can\'t provide a direct comparison for you.
  • HP DM1 + External HDD + Utorrent + Downloaded Videos & Music + Grado SR60 +USB DAC = Entertainment that is Videophile & Audiophile!

For audiophile, be sure to download FLAC files or MP3 at least 320kbps, and for videophile, be sure to download HD video files, 720p is the perfect, the bigger the file the better resolution it is. Be careful with 1080 cos usually there are black bars, you might not enjoy the full screen goodness. Then be sure that the screen brightness is set to max. Remove the battery, just plugged the AC adapter for superior power. Watching and listening to \"The Voice\" simply stunning on Grado SR60 headphones. This is a perfect personal privatized entertainment!

-- edited by valiente on May 11 2013, 06:35 PM
  • I\'ve been leaving my dm1z E350 plugged in most of the time for these two years and it seems the battery finally gave up after I left it at sleep mode yesterday.

Will observe over the night sana bumalik pa haha.
  • The screen of DM1 is 720p, sort of HDTV ready TV. Now, I was able to verify that you can really sit or watch closer to the screen than the usual SD TV or 480 signals. I can assume that if the screen is 1080 then I have to sit or watch even more close to the screen. I have not yet bought any HDTV for our family use or bedroom use because most the cable channels are still using SD signals. If we bought HDTV, we have to feed them with HD sources like 720p movies to simply appreciate its qualities. If we are simply using SD signals, we stick with CRT screens. I can\'t imagine the beauty of 1080 or full HD, wow, but I have to feed it with 1080 movies too which I think are still rare and have very big files. Now the best thing to enjoy are the 720p. If you are buying HDTV you may opt for it first. You will have many options to enjoy. Discovery Channel, National Geographic HD, AXN, etc. reality shows can be downloaded 720p HDTV in screen goodness. Watch it on HP DM1 and you will love it. But pair it with right headphones, and you will experience it way better!
  • Thread Resurrection !!

Wala kinakamusta ko lang ang mga HP Dm1z E350 niyo mga sir.

Okay na okay pa din sakin with windows 8.
  • Makapag tanong nga. Amd e450 user ako sir, maganda ba upgrade ko to 6gb or 4gb nalang? Please reply! :>
  • Hello guys! I need to re format my dm1.. Sobrang bagal na kasi and dami pop ups na lumalabas.. But i do ont know how to haha! Baka may tutorials po kau dian para sa mga mangmang na kagaya ko :-)

Btw, nakapag burn na po ako ng disks when i first got the laptop. But then again hindi ko naman alam gagwin ko doon hehe! Sana may mabait na makapag provide ng steps.

Maraming salamat po!
  • Makapag tanong nga. Amd e450 user ako sir, maganda ba upgrade ko to 6gb or 4gb nalang? Please reply! :>

4GB is enough for Win7/Win8.

Anything higher than that and wala na use unless gumagamit ka ng VMware.

Hello guys! I need to re format my dm1.. Sobrang bagal na kasi and dami pop ups na lumalabas.. But i do ont know how to haha! Baka may tutorials po kau dian para sa mga mangmang na kagaya ko :-)

Btw, nakapag burn na po ako ng disks when i first got the laptop. But then again hindi ko naman alam gagwin ko doon hehe! Sana may mabait na makapag provide ng steps.

Maraming salamat po!

Sorry di ko na maalala <2 years ago na din kasi.
    Alam ko may FAQ kami dito dati pero nabaon na sa limot.

Gamit ko lang is Windows 7 X64 OEM AIO pang install with legit serial key.
    I\'ll spare the details marami sa net.
  • ^ok sir will try to backread na lang. Thanks!
  • dm1-4000au user ako sir, pero lagi mataas cpu usage ko. And 2gb RAM ko lang, pero lagi nsa lower than 50% yung usage, ganon ba talaga yun sir? Ang hirap mag multitask minsan. TIA!
  • dm1-4000au user ako sir, pero lagi mataas cpu usage ko. And 2gb RAM ko lang, pero lagi nsa lower than 50% yung usage, ganon ba talaga yun sir? Ang hirap mag multitask minsan. TIA!

Ganun talaga.

It was faster when compared to atom pero basura naman kasi performance ng atom dati.
  • Aah ganon ba sir. If upgrade ko ba to 4gb, gawin 64-bit win8, bibilis ba siya in terms of office, browsing and gaming?

Plano ko kasing bumili ng malaking laptop kasi di kaya ng mata ko sa maliit na monitor pag multi-offices bukas.
    Kaso wala budget, kaya try ko gamitan nalang ng luma kong monitor for bigger screen para dual monitor na, merun naman ako extra so wala dagdag gastos.

Gaganda kaya performance niya pag upgrade to 64-bit 4gb? TIA ulit! :>
  • Nope hindi siya bibilis.

RAM only becomes an issue pag napuno mo to at gumamit na ng page file sa HDD.
  • Ahh ganon ba sir. Dati kasi nag ga-gaming ako and pag ganon, nag iinit siya and mag lalag hangang di na kaya nung laptop. Di naman nangyayari yun pag after reformat, pero pag nag tagal madami na programs nag kakaganon, kahit wala naman bukas (avast lang). Kasi yung sa youtube bilis naman ng gaming nila. Baka kasi sa laptop ko yung may problem.

So sir, hindi advisable mag upgrade ng ram to 4gb para makapag 64-bit?
  • 4GB is preferable.

Kahit nga 8GB okay lang. Pero hindi bibilis yung laptop.

Hindi naman babagal hindi lang din bibilis.
  • may nakapagpalit na po ba ng hdd to ssd?
  • May bago nang release yung HP. Successor siya ng Dm1z named HP TouchSmart 11. What can you say about this?
  • Seems like a downgrade for me.

lack of gigabit LAN and 3 cell battery and uses the weaker temash instead of kabini to achieve ultrathin form factor.
  • ^ Since battery efficient naman daw po yung processor, same battery life lang siya with HP Dm1z. Then, they also stated that the processors inside HP TouchSmart 11 is definitely better than its predecessor, the DM1z.

What do you mean by gigabit lan?

-- edited by jsmn on Aug 21 2013, 02:30 PM
  • Hi dm1z users, iverify ko lang kung totoo ung problem ng hinges ng laptop na ito. Madali ba talaga masira ung hinges ng hp dm1z? Ito kasi ung deciding factor ko kung bibili ako eh. TIA

-- edited by jsmn on Aug 21 2013, 03:10 PM
  • ^ Since battery efficient naman daw po yung processor, same battery life lang siya with HP Dm1z. Then, they also stated that the processors inside HP TouchSmart 11 is definitely better than its predecessor, the DM1z.

What do you mean by gigabit lan?

-- edited by jsmn on Aug 21 2013, 02:30 PM

I don\'t think it\'s fair to compare it to the old E350, E450 and Brazos 2.0

We should compare it to the current ULVs in the same price range right now and I think downgrade ito.

They should have slapped a dual Core kabini instead.

Btw, my 2 years old Dm1z 3016 doesn\'t have hinge problems.

Get an intel celeron ULV based on Ivy though much better.
    I saw a Neo for 15k with Windows 8 Core edition.

A4 1250 600points
    <click here for link>

AMD E-350
    774 points
    <click here for link>

A difference of 10 watts on the TDP and the it uses a 3 cell over 6 cell.

I trust the benches for comparison.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Aug 21 2013, 05:28 PM
  • ^ Why would HP bring a newer laptop with a lower specs? To compensate for the touchscreen? Obviously, AMD E-350 would perform better for it demands greater power. I think HP TouchSmart 11 with A6-1450 will fit my needs just right.
  • The E350 is several years older, uses older tech, a bigger nm Bulk not SOI etc etc hence it uses more electricity for the same performance.

Why they made one? I don\'t know better ask HP directly.

I wouldn\'t settle for anything less than a kabini, the idea of a low TDP brazos like performance in quadcore flavor doesn\'t really entice me.
    Nor does adding a touchscreen on a laptop.

I\'d surely get one though if we can get an 11.6\" kabini quadcore dm1z @ 18-21k same price I got my dm1z before.

Or I\'ll just get the Neo Ivy celeron for 12k without OS.

Well I can also hope that all the apps I use go with multithreading for 4 cores but its very unlikely to happen anytime soon.
  • ^A budget 11.6 inch laptop having a Kabini processor is as good as a dream. I believe midrange/mainstream laptops will get Kabini processors.

-- edited by jsmn on Aug 21 2013, 05:50 PM
  • Good performance i need for a good TDP.

The other reason is I learned that just about enough is not good enough the hard way when I got my E350.

With the same argument the A6 1450 would probably fit my needs pero it\'s only good enough.
    No headroom for the extra punch that I might need later.

On that same note, why are you fixated on temash?
  • Good performance i need for a good TDP.

The other reason is I learned that just about enough is not good enough the hard way when I got my E350.

With the same argument the A6 1450 would probably fit my needs pero it\'s only good enough.
    No headroom for the extra punch that I might need later.

On that same note, why are you fixated on temash?