Forum Topic

The LCD Monitors Thread: Tips, Tricks, Tweaks, New Products and Reviews

• @sleepygeepy, sir how would you rank LG 24MK600M vs the below monitors?

Php 6,460 = Samsung LS24F350FHEXXP (24-inch IPS 72Hz FreeSync HDMI)
    Php 6,700 = BenQ GW2480 (24-inch IPS 60Hz HDMI DisplayPort Speakers)
    Php 6,999 = ASUS VL249HE (24-inch IPS 75Hz FreeSync HDMI)
  • Take a look at these monitors sir:

Kung mas madalas mo ginagamit ang monitor for games and bihira ka mag edit ng photos or videos... or casual editing lang of photos and videos for social media / school work / nothing serious... pwede mo din consider ang budget gaming monitor with 144Hz refresh rate. Yung HKC M24G3F is a 144Hz gaming monitor with curved VA panel and price is very affordable at Php 6,950.

Keep in mind na budget brand ang HKC so be sure to check for dead pixels, defects, and other quality control issues. Also make sure yung shop nag-o-offer ng warranty for the monitor. But so far madami narin nakabili ng HKC M24G3F and looks to be decent and reliable.

Thank you sleepygeepy!

Follow-up question lang sir, more on content creation for youtube ginagawa ko,
    will the HKC M24G3F suffice? Nacheck ko rin sir na curved si HKC, which di ko type hehe.
    I like the ASUS VL249HE sa specs kaso wala ako makita masyado na review even in youtube. :(

-- edited by drewpogi69 on Jan 24 2020, 09:46 AM
  • @sleepygeepy

Sir marami pong salamat sa pagdiscuss ng response times and input lag! :) After po mabasa at mapanood ang iba't ibang reviews ng mga monitors na ito, mukhang doon na po ako sa ViewSonic XG2405 or ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q. Mahirap po talaga mahindi-an yung price point ng XG2405. Sana po available parehas sa Gilmore kasi doon lang po ang alam kong nagbebenta nito hehe. It's a matter of pagpili na lang po siguro between the two. Maraming salamat po, Sir! More power po! :)
  • Hello mga Sir, I'd ask for some recommendation for a monitor. Currently using a 22 inch monitor 60hz, planning an upgrade to 24inch or 27inch (1080P) IPS 144hz one. GPU is Sapphire RX 580 8GB Special Edition.

I am currently torn on 24 in or 27 in for 1080p (pixel density issues), and I have been reading some reviews and two that caught my eye and also available here overseas is the LG 27GL650F-B and the AOC27G2.

Mainly playing FPS games, Dota2, NBA and some AAA games from time to time.

Thank you in advance

-- edited by dalinker on Jan 24 2020, 05:01 PM
  • @srkid
    sir how would you rank LG 24MK600M vs the below monitors?

Ok naman ang LG 24MK600M, I feel its a bit expensive for an entry level IPS monitor at Php 7,690. Meron siyang gamer features that you normally would not see on an entry level monitor like on-screen crosshair, Black Stabilizer, and DAS mode. Not sure if anyone is really looking for those features on a low refresh rate monitor (60Hz ~ 75Hz).

What makes it worth getting is the native 75Hz refresh rate, FreeSync support, out of the box color calibration, and joystick OSD control. Also you are sure that you are getting an LG made AH-IPS panel which tend to be high quality.

Assuming we will include the LG 24MK600M in the list, then I feel it ranks somewhere in the middle because of its high price and unusual features. Might as well include the ViewSonic VX2476-smhd which is also using an LG made AH-IPS panel and has similar specs and price:

Sorted by price
    Php 7,340 = ViewSonic VX2476-SMHD (24-inch IPS 75Hz HDMI DisplayPort Speakers)
    Php 7,690 = LG 24MK600M (24-inch IPS 75Hz FreeSync HDMI)

Opinion ko lang... If I were to rank them it would be like this:

- Best in value = BenQ GW2480 for having DisplayPort + HDMI + built-in speakers (1 watt) + cable management + below Php 7K
    - Best overall = ViewSonic VX2476-SMHD for having DisplayPort + HDMI + built-in speakers (3 watt) + 75Hz refresh rate
    - Best for gaming = LG 24MK600M for FreeSync over HDMI + 75Hz refresh rate + on-screen crosshair + low input lag mode
  • @drewpogi69
    Follow-up question lang sir, more on content creation for youtube ginagawa ko, will the HKC M24G3F suffice? Nacheck ko rin sir na curved si HKC, which di ko type hehe. I like the ASUS VL249HE sa specs kaso wala ako makita masyado na review even in youtube.

Kung more on content creation then stick muna dun sa list of IPS monitors at Php 7K and below. Go for the BenQ GW2480 or the ASUS VL249HE pero among budget monitors I think mas maganda ang track record ni BenQ over ASUS. Also yung BenQ has 2 digital inputs (DisplayPort + HDMI) while yung ASUS only has a single HDMI input.

Kung kaya mo pa i-stretch ang budget a bit further, yung ViewSonic VX2476-SMHD is a very good option at Php 7,340.
  • @aedagdag
    After po mabasa at mapanood ang iba't ibang reviews ng mga monitors na ito, mukhang doon na po ako sa ViewSonic XG2405 or ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q.

Kung hindi naman issue masyado ang price difference between the two monitors, tingin ko mas maganda na yung ASUS VG259Q. You get a larger 25-inch screen and yung panel is AU Optronics AHVA which has fast pixel response times.

Dun sa initial review ng ViewSonic XG2405, the measured brightness and contrast is unusually low. You have to set the brightness at 75% ~ 100% to get 298 nits brightness and 930:1 contrast ratio. Although yung 50% setting should be good for daily use (219 nits brightness and 910:1 contrast ratio).

<click here for link>

Yung brightness is not really a problem but yung contrast is somewhat below average for IPS. What is weird is the AOC 24G2U is using the same panel and has better measured contrast on a different review (reaching as high as 1500:1). Yung discrepancy might be due to the colorimeter used but hard to say unless more reviews come out.

Before buying, try to look for a demo unit or display unit at the PC shops or malls to get an idea of out of the box picture quality. Hopefully there will be more professional reviews of both monitors and mag share sila ng recommended / calibrated OSD settings.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Jan 25 2020, 01:07 AM
  • @dalinker
    Hello mga Sir, I'd ask for some recommendation for a monitor. Currently using a 22 inch monitor 60hz, planning an upgrade to 24inch or 27inch (1080P) IPS 144hz one. GPU is Sapphire RX 580 8GB Special Edition.

I am currently torn on 24 in or 27 in for 1080p (pixel density issues), and I have been reading some reviews and two that caught my eye and also available here overseas is the LG 27GL650F-B and the AOC27G2.

Mainly playing FPS games, Dota2, NBA and some AAA games from time to time.

The LG 27GL650F-B and AOC 27G2 are good choices and I would not worry too much about pixel density ~ 27-inch size of the screen. If you mostly play games or watch movies on your monitor, the "wow factor" of having a larger screen often trumps the slight loss of sharpness due to lower pixel density. Chances are you would not mind it at all because of the immersion you get from the bigger screen.

The pixel density / 27-inch size only becomes an issue if you do a lot of reading / document editing on the monitor. The lower pixel density can make fonts and icons less sharp and look slightly soft compared to your 22-inch monitor. But on the other hand, having a bigger screen also means fonts are bigger and easier to read and will cause less eyestrain during long working sessions. Another reason you may want to stay with a smaller 24-inch screen size is if your desk space is limited and your viewing distance from the monitor is less than 2-feet away. For a 27-inch screen, ideally you should be 2-3 feet away or roughly an arm's length depending on your preference.

If you are looking at 27-inch monitors, also check out the ASUS VG279Q if available in your area. That plus the LG 27GL650F-B and AOC 27G2 are your best choices.

If you decide to stick with a 24-inch or 25-inch sized monitor then check out the AOC 24G2 or ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q. Both will still be an upgrade in screen size over your old monitor and they hit the sweet spot in pixel density for 1080p.

• Opinion ko lang... If I were to rank them it would be like this:

- Best in value = BenQ GW2480 for having DisplayPort + HDMI + built-in speakers (1 watt) + cable management + below Php 7K
    - Best overall = ViewSonic VX2476-SMHD for having DisplayPort + HDMI + built-in speakers (3 watt) + 75Hz refresh rate
    - Best for gaming = LG 24MK600M for FreeSync over HDMI + 75Hz refresh rate + on-screen crosshair + low input lag mode

Many thanks sir. Very helpful info.
  • Post deleted #12279205
  • ^ Sana maging available yan dito
  • What's the sweet spot resolution for a 27 inch monitor? Let's say for editing photos
  • I thought na maging available ang Viewsonic XG270QG last November 2019? Any idea kung kelan ito satin.
  • In need of extreme advice niyo mga sir,

Currently I am using Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT and pwede ko siya i swap to MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO pero add ako cash 5k.

If 5700XT, I can buy LG 27GL850 sa brother ko at maiuuwi niya dito sa Pinas.

if mag swap ako to RTX 2070 SUPER, pwede ko bilin at sana magkaroon ng stock dito ng Viewsonic XG270QG.

in short.

5700XT(Oct 2019) + LG 27GL850 = no need to swap+cash for GPU, to buy monitor only for 28k php
    RTX2070SUPER(Jan 2020 bought) + Viewsonic XG270QG = add 5k + swap 5700xt, monitor price most likely 35k php if mag ka local stock

GSYNC vs FREESYNC narin siya..

Sulit kaya ang gastos?

-- edited by ralphyy on Jan 27 2020, 09:14 AM
  • Hello, san po kayo bumili ng mini displayport to displayport cable locally that supports 1440p at 165hz? Ang nakita ko lang is via lazada or shopee na cable from china
  • Hello, san po kayo bumili ng mini displayport to displayport cable locally that supports 1440p at 165hz? Ang nakita ko lang is via lazada or shopee na cable from china

bilhen mo yung sa l@z@d@ ugreen ang brand , yan ang gamit ko sa laptop papuntang ultrawide monitor display , minidisplay port to display port, 300plus petot plus shipping lang yan.yung locally na nabile ko hinde gumana sa ultrawide ko na mas mahal pa

basahin mo mga reviews sa ugreen cable ng l@z@d@ kung anong feedback regarding sa cable

<click here for link>

-- edited by axelangel007 on Jan 27 2020, 03:22 PM
  • @yonsei55
    What's the sweet spot resolution for a 27 inch monitor? Let's say for editing photos

For editing photos I would say 2560x1440 at the minimum. But if you are editing photos taken from a DSLR camera or doing semi-professional work I would suggest going with 4K resolution (3840x2160).
  • @ralphyy
    in short.

5700XT(Oct 2019) + LG 27GL850 = no need to swap+cash for GPU, to buy monitor only for 28k php
    RTX2070SUPER(Jan 2020 bought) + Viewsonic XG270QG = add 5k + swap 5700xt, monitor price most likely 35k php if mag ka local stock

Hindi tayo sure kung kelan magiging available dito ang ViewSonic XG270QG. It could take months, a year, or possible na hindi na maging available sa atin kung hindi ipasok ng distro.

Also hindi din tayo sure kung ang G-Sync module na included sa ViewSonic XG270QG is AMD FreeSync capable. Chances are gamit niya yung older G-Sync module para mas affordable. But if ViewSonic decides to use the more expensive G-Sync module with HDR + FreeSync capabilities then for sure mas magiging expensive ang price ng monitor.

Kung willing ka to sacrifice yung warranty ng LG 27GL850 and trust your brother in bringing home the monitor safely, then OK narin ang Option 1. Makakatipid ka and get the monitor you want, pero at the sacrifice of having no warranty on the monitor.

Pero kung willing ka to gamble and wait for the ViewSonic XG270QG then tingin ko better option yun since may warranty ang monitor. Hindi mo naman kailangan mag upgrade ng videocard now, pwede mo naman gamitin ang RX 5700 XT muna and playable parin ang games without FreeSync / G-Sync. Upgrade nalang ulit to next generation Nvidia videocard (Ampere) kapag available na sila later this year or next year.

Personally mas prefer ko yung monitor na may local warranty, kasi medyo matagal din ako gumamit ng monitor (3-4 years and longer).

Pero kung ikaw yung type na mahilig mag-upgrade ng monitor kasabay ng videocard, then ok narin siguro in getting the LG 27GL850. Sulitin mo siya for 2 years at least, then upgrade nalang kung may problema or keep on using the monitor until masira siya. Mabilis narin ang developments sa monitor technology ngayon... so sooner or later may darating din na monitor that is better than the LG 27GL850 :-)
  • @sleepygeepy

Thanks. Decided na ako na to stick nalang ng AMD GPU. With that, freesync monitor na din. However, narealize ko nga sinabi mo na pag uwi sa monitor, nakakatakot.. hahaha.. wala ng warranty at baka masira pa during sa paguwi..

In that case, no choice ako to go VG27AQ, since I can drive my game naman ng 100+ fps. adjust nalang trace free if triple A. atleast 3years warranty pa. hindi kasi worth it FI27Q-P for its price. sayang
  • @sleepygeepy

oh my sobrang dami ng responses mo sir kudos to you!

I am currently using a razer blade 1060 mxq, then will be upgrading to rtx2060 soon. (IPS 144hz screen)

I actually tried a spectre 30uw200. Ok sya pag hdmi, pero pag mag displayport ka para ma utilize gsync, flicker ung screen, kadalasan nag bablack screen pa (doesnt happen kapag 60hz). Grabe buti nai refund ko sya. Pansin ko din masakit sya sa mata. My eyes feels tired na hindi mo maintindihan. Sobrang bright nya din, i actually set the brightness to "0" para lng maging ok sa mata. Pero wow talaga sya sa witcher 3 kapag naka DP pero looks thrash kapag hdmi gamit ko. Panalo nadin multi tasking. Hindi sya malaking screen. Para lng syang 23inch na pinahaba ng konti.

So im looking for an external monitor. I need 144hz, ung malinaw kasi 80% of the time i do accounting sa google sheet. And ayun casual gaming like witcher, tomb raider etc. Ayaw ko din maranasan ung eye strain dun sa spectre. Para kang nagdurusa habang nag trtrabaho ka.

So ito ako i am torn between these monitors.

ASUS VG279Q mga 17 to 18k IPS
    -like ko sya kasi adjustable pero might just buy a table mount
    -IPS
    -144hz
    -1ms
    -mukhang mabenta out of stock sa karamihan
    -freesync

MSI Optix Mag272 14k VA
    -165hz
    -1ms
    -HDR REady??? legit ba ito?
    -cheaper 14k lng
    -daming USB ports sa likod
    -nakaka takot lng kasi VA
    -freesync

Samsung Gaming LC27JG54 19.6k (1440p)
    -well 1440p sya
    -dunno kung ok ba itong 4ms or 8ms ito?
    -144hz din
    -parang konting dagdag na lng from asus naka 2k reso ka na, pero kayanin kaya ng 2060 ko ito waha
    -VA panel sya so ayun katakot aha

Ang setup ko dati eh acer na ultrabook then external sa samsung P2370 23inches sya, old school haha 8+ years old na ata ito pero alive and kicking pa! Mukhang ok naman ung size nya, so medyo thinking twice din sa 27inch baka sobrang laki

Ayan ung spectre waha, medyo inspired ako sa setup wars sa youtube want to build din and hopefully maka sali sakanila hehe

• Any feedback sa MSI MAG271CQR? Secondhand ko bbilihin from a friend at around 15k price point.

2k monitor
    VA panel
    27"
    144hz
  • @sleepygeepy

sir may message po ulet ako salamat po:)
  • @sleepygeepy

sir may message po ulet ako salamat po:)
  • 32" IPS 4K monitor suggestions?
  • @biskwitcompany
    So im looking for an external monitor. I need 144hz, ung malinaw kasi 80% of the time i do accounting sa google sheet. And ayun casual gaming like witcher, tomb raider etc. Ayaw ko din maranasan ung eye strain dun sa spectre. Para kang nagdurusa habang nag trtrabaho ka.

Ano yung eyestrain nararanasan mo sa monitor? Masyado ba bright ang monitor or masyado maliit ang fonts? Hindi kaya mali ang refresh rate etc? Kailangan din kasi malaman before buying another monitor at baka mangyari ulit na may maramdaman ka na eyestrain while working.

Pero dun sa monitors na sinuggest mo, I recommend the ASUS VG279Q kung gagamitin mo yung monitor for working with spreadsheets. Yung ASUS VG279Q is using an IPS panel so bright at vibrant ang colors and maganda ang viewing angles. So maganda din siya for document editing purposes. Hindi lang ako sure kung enough ang resolution niya (1920x1080) at 27-inches for your spreadsheet work. Baka better option ang 1440p monitor so mas madami ka nakikita na rows and columns.

Kung gusto mo ng affordable 1440p monitor with IPS panel, take a look at the BenQ EX2780Q. Yung price nasa Php 21.2K so hindi narin masyado nagkakalayo sa price ng monitors on your list. Baka mas magandang option ang BenQ kasi mas mataas ang resolution niya (2560x1440) which will give you a bigger working space sa desktop. Naturally expect fonts and icons to be smaller but sharper dahil sa higher resolution. So expect mo na kailangan mas malapit ang viewing distance para hindi ka mahirapan mag focus on the smaller font size.

BTW, mas mahihirapan ang GTX 1060 MaxQ ng laptop mo when playing games with the BenQ EX2780Q so mas mababa ang framerates. Suggestion ko is play games at 1920x1080 muna para mas playable ang framerates until maka-upgrade ka to a laptop with RTX 2060.

~~~~~~~~~

Some tips to lessen eyestrain with your monitor, sana makatulong...

- Make sure yung monitor and windows desktop mo is set at 144Hz refresh rate. Kapag mataas ang refresh rate, less flickery looking ang image and hindi hirap yung eyes mo mag focus sa text. Don't enable any blur reduction modes sa monitor like ELMB kasi mag-strobe ang backlight. Sometimes ang backlight strobing can cause eyestrain, headaches, or nausea so don't use it while working (only use when gaming).

- When working make sure you have enough lighting sa room or may enough ambient light. Working at night or in a dark room and staring at a monitor will cause eyestrain, especially if you have to read text and numbers for long periods.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Jan 29 2020, 12:07 AM
  • Post deleted #12279763
  • @keiopaul

Message sent
  • @sleepy thanks brother!

Would rather choose Asus Vg27AQ kesa sa BenQ? Medyo mahal sya ng onti pero ganda ng reviews. Very good din yung BenQ ha checked the s reviews din