Forum Topic

Western Digital Warranty/RMA Info

• simple lang ang warranty ng WD

1. kung binili sa shop dito, sigurado yan pde papalitan dito; pero
    2. pag binili online paktay na...gagastos ka ng 2.3k sa dhl para padala sa ibang bansa...yun ang hassle talaga...kaya hinde ako kumukuha ng WD...
  • Just to give everyone a heads-up regarding ServCare (or any other WDC-supported RMA facility just about anywhere in the world), these are the requirements that WDC wants to be met:
    WD Support / Warranty Services / End User / RMA Packaging Example Pictures
    <click here for link>
  • ^ok tnx guys. Dalin ko next sat cguro.

-- edited by ecchigo on Jan 14 2013, 08:52 PM
  • mga sir tanung lang po,. bumigay na kase ung 500gb Wd scorpio blue ko,. it came when i bought my laptop as its stock hdd,. ang tanung ko pde kaya ipa warranty iyun? nabile ko ung laptop ko nung march 2011,. bali mag 2 yrs na sya this coming march,.

maraming salamat po,.
  • ^
    Check mo muna sa WDC with the serial # kung RMA'able pa
  • ^ no limited warranty,. haha,. ^_^v
  • mga sir tanung lang po,. bumigay na kase ung 500gb Wd scorpio blue ko,. it came when i bought my laptop as its stock hdd,. ang tanung ko pde kaya ipa warranty iyun? nabile ko ung laptop ko nung march 2011,. bali mag 2 yrs na sya this coming march,.

Check the serial number in WD's website. I think sometimes (especially in the earlier years, some stock WD laptop hard drives may have WD warranty, but recently, they seem to have no WD warranty anymore, instead only the laptop manufacturer's warranty).

Case in point was a friend's Lenovo Y450 (around 2009 yata), when he brought his laptop for me to check last year (often does not proceed to Windows Vista), I diagnosed the hard disk was the problem (many bad sectors and SMART fail na yata), When I checked the serial # in WD website, I was surprised to find that the laptop hard disk bundled with that Lenovo laptop had WD warranty, unfortunately, kakalipas lang ng warranty period (he brought his laptop to me for checking around Sept. 2012, the WD laptop hard drive warranty was until April 2012 -- if only he had brought his laptop a few months earlier for diagnosing, it would have been covered by the WD warranty pa).

Actually this is the 2nd time I experienced a laptop bundled hard drive that had the hard drive manufacturer warranty (instead of just the laptop manufacturer warranty) -- yung isang beses, a friend brought his Acer laptop for me to check, we figured it was the Seagate laptop hard drive that had developed bad sectors. Even though that Seagate laptop hard drive had a sticker saying "for OEM", checking its serial # in Seagate's website indicated it had Seagate warranty. (That was my first time to RMA a Seagate hard drive --- and it was replaced by Seagate -- 5-year warranty pa yata yung dating Seagate hard drives).

• Check the serial number in WD's website. I think sometimes (especially in the earlier years, some stock WD laptop hard drives may have WD warranty, but recently, they seem to have no WD warranty anymore, instead only the laptop manufacturer's warranty).

Case in point was a friend's Lenovo Y450 (around 2009 yata), when he brought his laptop for me to check last year (often does not proceed to Windows Vista), I diagnosed the hard disk was the problem (many bad sectors and SMART fail na yata), When I checked the serial # in WD website, I was surprised to find that the laptop hard disk bundled with that Lenovo laptop had WD warranty, unfortunately, kakalipas lang ng warranty period (he brought his laptop to me for checking around Sept. 2012, the WD laptop hard drive warranty was until April 2012 -- if only he had brought his laptop a few months earlier for diagnosing, it would have been covered by the WD warranty pa).

Actually this is the 2nd time I experienced a laptop bundled hard drive that had the hard drive manufacturer warranty (instead of just the laptop manufacturer warranty) -- yung isang beses, a friend brought his Acer laptop for me to check, we figured it was the Seagate laptop hard drive that had developed bad sectors. Even though that Seagate laptop hard drive had a sticker saying "for OEM", checking its serial # in Seagate's website indicated it had Seagate warranty. (That was my first time to RMA a Seagate hard drive --- and it was replaced by Seagate -- 5-year warranty pa yata yung dating Seagate hard drives).

baka pinalitan na kasi ng mayari ang original hard drive. di mo lang natanong. di kaya?
  • baka pinalitan na kasi ng mayari ang original hard drive. di mo lang natanong. di kaya?

It's possible, pero in the case of the Lenovo, it has a Lenovo sticker on the Western Digital hard drive, I doubt na yung kaibigan ko ang nagpalit (di siya marunong magtanggal ng hard drive ng laptop).

In the case of the Seagate, possible din na nag-upgrade yung isang kaibigan ko, pero, how did they came across the "OEM" sticker on the Seagate hard drive? (di rin marunong magtanggal ng hard drive yung isa kong kaibigan), again it's doubtful na yung shop na binilhan nila ng original laptop, was the one who removed the sticker labels from the bundled hard drive and nilipat sa in-upgrade na hard disk...

Anyway, I'm just mentioning possibilities...
  • guys pde ba mag pa rma sa sm north? san shop dun? TIA..
  • ^
    Sa Makati lang ang RMA.
    Kung sa shop dun sa SM North mo binile at may warranty pa sa tindahan kung saan mo binile, pwede.
  • brian_2cool4u,

Update lang as promised:

Na-check niyo na ba yung Recertified Drive warranty ninyo, yung hanggang 2015 warranty?

I just checked mine. Nung unang kuha ko sa TPC seller dito, hanggang 2015 warranty, which is the one that appears upon checking the WD website.

Pero as mark_17 has kindly informed us, it's only temporary since WD has not adjusted the replacement drive to the actual warranty remaning period.

Ngayon I just checked the former "Nov. 2015 In Limited Warranty" Recertified Drive that I got, and now it says "June 2013 in limited warranty" na lang, which is probably the true remaining warranty period of this Recertified Drive that I got a couple of months ago.
  • Meron akong western digital my passport 500gb. Nabagsak sya ng mga knee height. Ngayun ayaw na ma detect, nagpalit na kami ng cable pero ganun pa din. Nagpunta ako sa website para ma check ang warrany period.

paano magpa-replace nito? yung data hinde na siguro importante kase almost 1 year nang nakatambak ito eh, naka get over na kami.

TIA
  • ^
    Bring your HDD here:

ServCare Solutions Philippines, Inc.
    G/F Jaka Center 2111 Urban Ave. corner Don Chino Roces Ave. Makati City
    Tel.# 02-403-1490

Just make sure you follow these guidelines below or else they may not accept your HDD for RMA

<click here for link>
  • Mga sir gud afternoon po..

I have external 1TB WD Elements na kakasira lang po..Balak ko po sana na ipa-RMA sa isang tpc member natin kaya lang sayang din gastos

and try ko sana sa Servcare para mas may peace of mind ako..

Question lang po: (sorry no time to backread) =)

1.) Is it ok kung hard disk lang po ung ibibigay ko sa Servcare? Wala na po kasi ung box and receipt sa pinagbihan ko
    including the peripherals..

2.) On the spot RMA po ba service nila or will I need to wait a few days/week?

TIA! =)

3.)
  • answer:
    1. ok lng po as long as pag sa warranty, philippines yung country para maqualify.
    2. most cases, babalikan mo sya after days or weeks.
  • My experience with servcare is good and here's some tips in claiming warranty. I always register my HD online even it has local warranty just to be sure so when i need the info, i just print the email regitration and include the docs to my HD showing that its still under warranty.

1. I called servcare ask the requirements, i did not do rma so they do the rma.
    2. Get the name of the authorized person to receive, i remember, his name is jerron.
    3. Pack the hardisk only, no cables, no official receipt included, just the email i get when i registered my HD online, do this bubble wrap from national boookstore together with Box to fit the hardisk depending on sizes.
    4. Send thru LBC cost only 240.00
    5. Call servcare for confirmation after tracking the package have been delivered.
    6. Follow up after 3 days, if available send the money thru LBC for shipping only 240 + 15, shiiping it back to you and ask for the tracking number.
    7. Wait for another 2 days upon sending you the tracking number.
    8. That's it.

I have my book 1tb with expiry until march 2014, i was surprised to get a 1.5tb with warranty until nov 2014. How lucky i am, but upon checking, all my HD is out of region, any help to change this? I never consulted this yet to servcare.

-- edited by aqui40 on Jan 31 2013, 12:48 PM
  • help po bigla nalang hinde ma detect yung WD elements ko na 500gb? :(
    tried to unplug and replug using different ports pero ganun padin.
  • @dta,

apologies for the late reply dude, yes confirmed.... yung 2015 na unang stated in limited warranty was now back to 2013..... tsk tsk tsk
  • I have a WD 750GB passport essential na mabagal na mag-read and write sira na ba to and need ko na ipa-rma?

BTW, bought this sa mall sa isang kilalang store ng computer stuffs, pero bakit nung chineck ko ung warranty online "out of region" siya?
  • I have a WD 750GB passport essential na mabagal na mag-read and write sira na ba to and need ko na ipa-rma?

BTW, bought this sa mall sa isang kilalang store ng computer stuffs, pero bakit nung chineck ko ung warranty online "out of region" siya?

sir gamitan mo muna ng WD data lifeguard diagnostic software para malaman mo kung me sira nga talaga...

regarding sa out of reion, it means hindi nya kinuha sa local supplier/distro yung unit at sa ibang bansa nya nabili kaya siguro mas mura nyang naibebenta.
  • ^I see, nag DL ako kanina and quick test lang ginawa ko. Passed naman ung lumabas na result need ko ba ung extended test para malaman kung may sira talaga? Ambagal kasi talaga maski pag delete ng files 10 yrs amf...

regarding sa out of reion, it means hindi nya kinuha sa local supplier/distro yung unit at sa ibang bansa nya nabili kaya siguro mas mura nyang naibebenta.

Actually bro, sikat nchain ng pc store ko binili to pwede ko ba ireklamo to sa kanila?

Thanks pala sa pagsagot.
  • pero sure kayo sir Philippines napili nyo na country?
    check ulit sir
    if same pa rin, then reklamo mo sa kanila

if you have a receipt mas maganda
  • "out of region"

meaning gagastos ka ng 2.5k para ipa DHL sa ibang bansa...

sux talaga...
  • Actually bro, sikat nchain ng pc store ko binili to pwede ko ba ireklamo to sa kanila?

reklamo dahil hindi sa local supplier sila kumukuha ng stocks nila?

just fyi, they are not restricted only to get their stocks from local suppliers... kahit saan puede sila kumuha kahit sa ibang bansa.

kung me warranty pa sa kanila yung external drive mo at defective nga, pa-warranty mo sa kanila.
  • pero sure kayo sir Philippines napili nyo na country?
    check ulit sir
    if same pa rin, then reklamo mo sa kanila

if you have a receipt mas maganda

yes bro, chineck ko ung profile ko and philippines ang registered country sakin.

I think I lost the receipt pero nasakin pa ung SoA ng CC ko na ginamit sa pagbili, pwede ko ba tong gamitin as proof of purchase kaya?

meaning gagastos ka ng 2.5k para ipa DHL sa ibang bansa...

sux talaga...

OMG please no lol
    reklamo dahil hindi sa local supplier sila kumukuha ng stocks nila?

just fyi, they are not restricted only to get their stocks from local suppliers... kahit saan puede sila kumuha kahit sa ibang bansa.

kung me warranty pa sa kanila yung external drive mo at defective nga, pa-warranty mo sa kanila.

Kaya nga ako nagtatanong kasi nagbasa ako sa previous page na kadalasan kaya out of region is thru online lang nabili, eh sa silicon valley ko kasi binili to kaya I assumed na philippines dapat bro. Thanks for the info anyway.

---------

Ambagal pa din ng HD ko, nade-detect pero super bagal minsan nire-require pako i-format pag sinasaksak ko.
  • Up ko lang uli

If you suspect that your HDD/s is/are having /a defect/s, bring it/them here:

ServCare Solutions Philippines, Inc.
    G/F Jaka Center 2111 Urban Ave. corner Don Chino Roces Ave. Makati City
    Tel.# 02-403-1490

Just make sure you follow these guidelines below or else they may not accept your HDD for RMA

<click here for link>
  • ayun, natapos ko ung extended test and lumabas ung message too many bad sectors. RMA na to mga sir?
  • If you suspect that your HDD/s is/are having /a defect/s, bring it/them here:

specifically, locally purchased WD harddrive... walang warranty sa ServCare ang mga Out of Region.
  • ayun, natapos ko ung extended test and lumabas ung message too many bad sectors. RMA na to mga sir?

yes kaya mabagal kasi me bad sectors... pa-warranty mo na sa store kung san mo binili kasi hindi tatanggapin yan ng local distro or ng servcare kung out of region.