Forum Topic

Greasemonkey Script for TPC

• @r8dhex

Hi. I like the script you made. Can you make the script specially in cloning the ad to auto delete the old ad?

Thanks.
  • ^ I thought about it, but I\'d rather not do it for now.

- don\'t want to accidentally introduce bugs that delete data
    - full-time job, not much time to maintain the code
    - need to add the check if clone was successfully created, before delete (currently clone only gives you a pre-filled form)
  • I have tapermonkey installed in google chrome. Tipid EX no longer working :(
  • @r8dhex,

If you do decide and update the program, please inform me. I\'m willing to donate for the time and use of the script. Very helpful and useful app:)

Thanks.
  • ^ sorry ppl, busy with my day job, I only noticed today that TPX not working. Let me see what\'s wrong. sensya na
  • any updates?
  • gumagana pa ba ito?
  • gumagana pa yung ibang function.. :)
  • mga sir napapagana nyo pa po ba ito sa firefox,
    nakaload naman sa greasemonkey at naka enable pero hindi lumalabas yung mga functions.
    kahit yung tipid ex sidepanel options wala.
    may kailangan ba akong tweak na gawin para magamit ulet.

sa chrome naman ok po sya.
  • Hi all,

For those who are still hoping for an update for the scripts, I regret to say that I don't foresee myself having enough time to update the scripts. For a long time, I had planned to update it, but real life and work does not leave me with much free time anymore.

Now that TipidPC has started modernizing the site, I would have to rewrite a lot of the tweaks. However, in the end my scripts will still just be hacks that will eventually break when any of the parts change (TPC, browsers, greasemonkey, etc.)

For those who liked the tweaks, it would be a lot better in the long run if we suggest it to the TPC team, now that they seem to be back in active development. This way everyone would benefit, not just greasemonkey users.

Thanks
  • hey guys. saw this thread just now. what functionality were you trying to cover with the greasemonkey scripts? if it's something really urgent/essential, i can have a look and implement it as a feature. as long as it doesn't spam the site, and can be considered fair usage.
  • Hi Jaydee,

I'll try to list the tweaks, from my notes:

- on these pages itemmanager.php, useritems.php, itemsearch.php, catalog.php : type-as-you-go filtering for the lists, can filter on price (lessthan, greaterthan), and name (contains text, or doesn't contain text with the - sign). For multipage lists, ability to trigger loading the next few pages into the current page (so as to filter as one set)

- Forums : Mute/Hide user (personal ban/ignorelist), first/last page buttons. Permalink to post (I see it's already there). Images autosized to fit, if oversized (this might already be fixed). CODE tags and formatting. Scroll to top button.

- Item page: If on user's own item, a button to copy the contents and open a "New Item" page with the copied contents.

- other small things : Actual link on prev/next buttons, instead of JS, so as to be middle-clickable, open in new tab, etc. Collapsible sidepanels. Advanced search as an additional side-panel. Links in items and forums expanded to show the actual URL, instead of <click here>. Bare URLs (not wrapped in URL tags), are converted to links.

The rest are mostly layout tweaks, which are irrelevant now.

one thing I wasn't able to implement, but wanted to have was a way to save my advanced searches, or at least a search history.

thanks

edit: I realized that there was a previous post in this thread describing the features, <click here for link>

-- edited by r8dhex on Mar 01 2016, 11:11 AM
  • diyos ko po ang advanced/high tech pala ng ginagawa ng script mo :D anyway, i'll probably implement a few of those in the future, but as part of TPC. not promising anything though. salamat for doing this. i hope someone can pick it up.
  • btw, pwede mo ilagay sa github? para pwede mag-contribute ibang developers.
  • actually, that's a good idea. I just have to put a big disclaimer that most/none of it works as of now. I will post a link here once it's on github
  • dahil dito sa script ni ts, nagkaroon ako ng idea na gumawa ng sarili kong script.. pang newbie nga lang yung code.. :D

<click here for link>
  • @jaydee
    kahit yung filtering lang ng list malaking tulong na.

@mac9erd
    nice script pre. gamit ko ngayon sa office.. hehe
  • I have written this just few months ago, back when TPC was still using <table>s to layout contents.
    I have updated it today to make it work with the new layout and decided to share it. Enjoy!
    <click here for link>
  • As promised, here is the code, free for anyone else to continue,maintain,extend or whatever.

Note: Due to age, the code may or may not work anymore on the current versions of greasemonkey, firefox or chrome.
    <click here for link>