Forum Topic

LED Lightbulbs - super efficient light bulbs

• mga sir ano ba yung typical/common na socket ng bulb dito sa atin sa Pinas? E27 tama?

-- edited by piLio on Apr 26 2016, 08:15 PM
  • mga sir ano ba yung typical/common na socket ng bulb dito sa atin sa Pinas? E27 tama?

Sa screw type na socket ay E26/E27 ang common sa atin, sunod na yung E14 (candle light ang nickname)
  • nakabili na ng ganito sa quiapo ang kausap ko

isang 20w, dalawang 10w. total cost < 900 pesos.

pero bihira lang daw gagamitin so IMHO ok lang ang potentially low lifespan

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Apr 26 2016, 08:34 PM
  • Sa screw type na socket ay E26/E27 ang common sa atin, sunod na yung E14 (candle light ang nickname)

salamat
  • (candle light ang nickname)

some people call it chandelier bulb
  • may alam po ba kayo lighting fixture para sa kitchen cabinet na pagbinuksan yung pinto eh magopen yung led lights at pag sinara yung pinto eh mamatay yung led light? powered by battery?
  • you just need to buy the magnetic switch (or mechanical switch na specifically for that purpose)

-- edited by tong2x on Apr 27 2016, 11:29 AM
  • you just need to buy the magnetic switch (or mechanical switch na specifically for that purpose)

yes. another option is a motion detector like this

or on the switch not the light

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Apr 27 2016, 11:58 PM

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Apr 27 2016, 11:59 PM
  • being a poor country we really dont care much about color spectrum. CFL adoption was fast and you don't see hoarding of incandescent bulbs once they become scarce or illegal

But if you would like to see how a spectroscope analyzes a set of warm white bulbs (incandescent, CFL, cheap SMD LED, quality LED) then look at this video.

Bonus at the end is high speed video showing flickering from 3 of the 4 technologies

<click here for link>
  • we really dont care much about color spectrum. CFL adoption was fast and you don't see hoarding of incandescent bulbs once they become scarce or illegal

Based on the trending of customers who bought those kinds of bulb are usually Daylight or White ranging from 6000-6500 Kelvin (I used to be on the Housrhold to Automotive lighting business)

Either the consumers are that hardheaded or they are more comfortable on that color spectrum, at the time of Incadescent Bulbs are usually Warmlight in origin until somewhere the eve of CFL they released a Daylight version of Incadescent

CFL was fast adopted probably on the price and computation of savings or ROI was better than the old Incadescent... a good 23-24w CFL can outshine above 100w incadescent bulbs, since the boom of LED was quite bumpy due to the price factor from CFL against LED wasn't that good enough to people totally switch to..
  • Bought a 13w 1400lm Philips LED buld for P399.75 to replace a spiral 23-24w CCFL. Comparable naman ang output. Meron pa bang ibang brand na mas power efficient with the same lumens or better?
  • paano nyo dipose yun mga CCFL nyo? pinapamigay nyo ba or diretso sa basurahan?
  • Bought a 13w 1400lm Philips LED buld for P399.75 to replace a spiral 23-24w CCFL. Comparable naman ang output. Meron pa bang ibang brand na mas power efficient with the same lumens or better?

107.69 lumens / watt is already very good. You can try looking at phillips LED filament bulbs in warm white, afaik comparable sila. Otherwise its very hard to find anything above 100 lumen/w in E27 format
  • may promo ngayon libreng mcdo meal kapag bumili ng Philips light products worth 700 and 4000 above sa ACE hardware according sa facebook nila.
  • napansin ko lang po medyo mataas ang lumen ng philip compare sa ibang brand po?

any feedback regarding sa mga led lights nila?
  • napansin ko lang po medyo mataas ang lumen ng philip compare sa ibang brand po?

depende sa model. There are many models. I usually use as a benchmark 80-85 lumens per watt. That's the usual efficiency you can get from common brands that are not that expensive, such as most model series from omni or firefly.

phillips has lower end models with lower lumen/watt, and higher end more expensive model lines like the new LED filament bulbs with values > 100 lumens/watt. Nxled also has those LED filament high effiicency model lines. Although warm white only.

below that is GES which has higher end model lines that can do 96 lumens/watt

in general phillips is a good brand, just dont get their lower end model lines or their mid end model lines since usually omni and firefly can give the same lumens/watt at a lower price

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on May 21 2016, 07:40 AM

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on May 21 2016, 07:41 AM
  • 2-year warranty daw itong Philips 13watter na nabili ko, sabi ng sales person. pero walang warranty nakasulat sa box or receipt.

Mga ka-presyo nitong Philips na nakita ko sa Ace Hardware ay either mas mataas ang wattage with similar lumens or mababa ang lumens.
  • then you have one of the higher end models. if it beats omni or firefly or ges's higher end models in the specs or price then get it
  • yun nga din po ang napansin ko 10.5 watts pero 1150 ang lumen kung tama ang pagkakatanda ko ng philip tapos naka 20% off pa po sila

-- edited by burnveejaybyford on May 21 2016, 11:56 PM
  • Mga sir, may nagamit ba dito nun Yeelight Beside lamps? Yung pwede macontrol via xiaomi app?

Plano ko kasi bumili lalagay sa room pag gabi sa pagtulog at habang nanunuod ng movies. Pa feedback naman po tsaka merun din yung Philips Hue LEd bulbs kaso mas mahal yata? Salamat po
  • I have switches at arm's length so I can turn off the electric fan, tv and lamp without getting out of bed
  • I have feet so I stand up and go flip the switches on and off at will. =)
  • as garfield the cat said, laziness is a good driver of technological innovation
  • ^I was being facetious. You should know because I followed what you posted, although on a higher level. =)

But I know what you mean. I agree.
  • Thank you for your helpful and informative comments mga sir. God bless.
  • i was joking also
  • reliable ba mga sir ung led flood lamp na may motion sensor? pano ko pala malalaman kung ilang watts kelangan sa outdoor? in sqm din?
  • reliable ba mga sir ung led flood lamp na may motion sensor?

depende sa brand

pano ko pala malalaman kung ilang watts kelangan sa outdoor? in sqm din?

not all lights have the same lumen per watt rating. Even within one brand - like GES - there are low and high end bulbs that have ratings from 60+ to 96 lumens per watt. Start with lumens and you might have an easier time

Maybe somewhere out there there are equations to solve. But for us non lighting engineer types mas mabuti to do actual tests, even with an ordinary LED light bulb first
  • reliable ba mga sir ung led flood lamp na may motion sensor?

depende sa brand

pano ko pala malalaman kung ilang watts kelangan sa outdoor? in sqm din?

not all lights have the same lumen per watt rating. Even within one brand - like GES - there are low and high end bulbs that have ratings from 60+ to 96 lumens per watt. Start with lumens and you might have an easier time

Maybe somewhere out there there are equations to solve. But for us non lighting engineer types mas mabuti to do actual tests, even with an ordinary LED light bulb first
  • Just bought this LED bulb for Php 270 and trying it out now at my work room.

So far so good... but I just want to see how long it will last before buying a couple more. I'm still deciding if it is worth changing the light fixtures in our house to accept LED bulbs (or at least CCFL bulbs). But I do want to get rid of the old fluorescent lights which are hard to maintain and finicky.