Forum Topic

Apple TV Users Thread

• For £20 ok pa ba brand new Apple TV for 3rd generation? Pang Plex and WebTools lang
  • Wow tagal nang dormant nito... I’m still contemplating on getting one! 4K version na.
  • You should.. it’s my goto streaming box. Sa Pinas 3rd gen gamit ko sa bahay. Here ung 4k. No brainer ‘tool’ when you’re fully vested in the Apple ecosystem. Plus years of support compared to android. Course pirates will always hate on Apple’s ‘walled garden’ but for me, it’s one less thing to worry about. Disadvantage lang you can’t use a vpn app to access content from other regions. That’s the one setback for me.

-- edited by wickwire on Oct 22 2020, 04:39 AM
  • I’m waiting kung may bagong lalabas in a few months. Main reason for buying is because my smart TV isn’t smart enough for AirPlay. Gusto ko mag Fitness+.
  • Android tv user here.. from Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire stick 4k/4k max then migrated to Apple tv 4k 2nd gen.
    So far everything works since all the apps I need from android tv dati meron naman sa apple tv like BBC iplayer, All4, and more.
    Ang hindi lang gumagana properly is the Plex app since I can't stream my Dolby Vision movies. Subscribing to Infuse seems to fix it though.
  • Android tv user here.. from Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire stick 4k/4k max then migrated to Apple tv 4k 2nd gen.
    So far everything works since all the apps I need from android tv dati meron naman sa apple tv like BBC iplayer, All4, and more.
    Ang hindi lang gumagana properly is the Plex app since I can't stream my Dolby Vision movies. Subscribing to Infuse seems to fix it though.
  • Disadvantage lang you can’t use a vpn app to access content from other regions.

@wickwire - aray ko, VPN is life pa naman
  • aray ko, VPN is life pa naman

SmartDNS is the key. Using Getflix with Apple tv since I got one last year. No issues access US and UK apps on my end.
  • Got an Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen) in 2021. Okay naman. My Dolby Vision films work on Plex. Now contemplating on getting another one, 'yung 3rd Gen para may Atmos na.
  • My Apple TV 2nd gen has issues with some longer VP9 and AV1 encoded 2160p videos when played back using the Infuse app. The video gets stuck while the audio plays fine. I suspect the A12 SoC struggles to handle these types of video files because the built-in media player of my LG C1 OLED TV can play these videos fine since its SoC has hardware acceleration for AV1 and VP1 decoding while the Apple TV does not and relies on software decoding per my research.

I wonder if the Apple TV 3rd gen with it's A15 SoC has enough processing power to playback these types of videos properly even with software decoding in Infuse.