Forum Topic

Unified Laptop/Notebook/Netbook Users Thread Part 2 (NO Trading Allowed)

• mga sir need ko malaking help nyo.

may nabili kasi ako na Asus K555L ang specs nya

Core I5 5200U
    4 gb ram
    geforce 940m
    1 tb hdd

ang problem ko ay ang hirap hanapan ng driver nito. tapos pag i iinstal ko yung nvidia display driver nag eeror
    sabi need muna daw i install yung Intel Driver. ano po kaya yung intel driver na tinutukoy? di ko kasi alam
    eh.
    sana matulungan niyo ako. salamat.

Any update bro regarding sa issue nung driver? Nahanapan mo na ba or wala pa din? Planning to get this laptop also.

Additional question... is this ok for games na nasa low to medium ang settings lang like GTA V, Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc.? Kakayanin ba mga bossing? Thanks!
  • Mga sir ask ko lang if there's a way to install latest display drivers from amd site instead of installing outdated drivers provided by the manufacturer (hp)? Ngayon ko lang to natanong pero sobrang outdated na ng display driver ko. Parang 2011 driver pa ata tong provided ng hp. Everytime I install amd's display driver. Di nadedetect yung gpu ko. At nagiging driverless ang laptop ko. Nagtitiis lang ako sa lumang driver na to kasi no choice ako. I hope someone can help me in this case. Thank you so much. :)
  • It's probably because ots obsolete already, hence both AMD and HP do not release updated drivers.
  • I just bought an ultrabook equipped with i7 skylake processor as my travel buddy/mobile workstation, the problem is hindi ko rin pala maiwasan maglaro ng games during idle times or pag nasa hotel lang. Now I'm contemplating on purchasing a Dell XPS 9550(i7 6th gen + 960M), available ba siya to any local store sa atin?
  • @mrm,elman

boss naayos ko na po bale need pala ng iinstal din yung intel graphics driver.. usually kasi 1 graphics driver lang ang need. di ko kasi kabisado ang laptop.

1 more question pa mga bossing.

plano ko mag upgrade ng ram bale may built in na 4gb ram na itong laptop tapos gusto kong ma enable yung dual channel. pwede ba ko bumili ng 8x8gb = 16gb dual channel na ram para ma enable ko yung DC or need talaga same ram tulad ng 4gb sa laptop ko.

-- edited by martinM2 on Apr 21 2016, 09:43 AM
  • sa gaming decent na rin for online games like dota 2, cs go kaya. sinubukan ko sa dying light playable sa low settings. fallout 4 naman kaya i custom high. need nga lang ibaba ng husto ang resolution para maging playable.
  • ActualCannibal:

I want to ask if there are available parts as of 2016 for this laptop?

It would depend on a few factors. The SODIMM would have a replacement, certainly.

I understand that a market exists for refurbished / cannibalized notebook parts in the region, though the actual supply is off-country. In order to find out, it would be prudent to inquire among the repair boutiques at the tech centers in Greenhills or Gilmore about spare parts. They may often speak about "ordering" the parts which may surprise you.

I have a feeling, however, that supply for the more common notebooks is available, whereas supply for the less common would be problematic.
  • mastercritic82:

magkano ba usual rate ng pa repack sa battery ng laptop?

masyado na kasi maiksi o mabilis runtime sa paggamit ng laptop ko gamit battery.

Is this for your W110ER?

Anywhere from 750 to 2500 bucks, assuming they even have similar cells in stock to repack the battery with. Remember that aside from the quality of cells used in the repacking, the knowledge and ability of the battery technician in correctly resetting the battery's circuit is crucial.

I was able to get an A43-G73 battery repacked for my ROG G73JW-XA1 through favors from an old friend. It cost me almost just as much as a replacement battery -- I suppose it would be different for a Clevo-based battery pack.
  • gameguard025:

Mga sir ask ko lang if there's a way to install latest display drivers from amd site instead of installing outdated drivers provided by the manufacturer (hp)? ... Everytime I install amd's display driver. Di nadedetect yung gpu ko.

Unlike NVIDIA who employs a unified architecture for drivers, AMD separates generations of its own architectures; and thus, it also does the same for its drivers. So it is likely that while your GPU isn't supported by the latest Catalyst drivers, it may be supported by one of the Legacy drivers in their archives. Sadly, there will be no further updates to these drivers: <click here for link>

If you're using Windows 10, Catalyst 15.7.1 is recommended for any GPU from the Radeon HD 5000 Series and up, but its capabilities are practically stunted for most OEM implementations. The same goes for anything Microsoft digitally delivers via Update.

For any older mobile GPU under Windows 10, Catalyst 13.x.x is recommended. Particular version varies by GPU implementation. Remember that full, explicit windows 8 / 10 support is not a requirement but would be useful for high usage stability.

Also, you'll need to consult the manufacturer whitesheets to understand if the GPU is still supported in a proprietary OEM fashion. This usually prevents AMD from whitelisting your particular GPU in their drivers' "supported" list.
  • martinM2:

plano ko mag upgrade ng ram bale may built in na 4gb ram na itong laptop tapos gusto kong ma enable yung dual channel. pwede ba ko bumili ng 8x8gb = 16gb dual channel na ram para ma enable ko yung DC or need talaga same ram tulad ng 4gb sa laptop ko.

It all depends on the MCU of the CPU. This would include the PPM, if you are using a Haswell CPU and later.

If you can replace the currently installed SODIMM and if the MCU supports the capacity, power and speed requirements of the new RAM kit, then it should be fine.

However, since the 4 GB SODIMM currently installed (either soldered or inserted) is from the vendor, it would be wise to at least match both the power and speed (including CAS Latency) specifications of that SODIMM when buying new SODIMMs or RAM kits. Number of chips and banks may be difficult to match for soldered RAM, but it would help to come close to these as well.
  • @Nelko - I've downloaded old drivers from AMD. Somewhere in 13.X driver but it no luck. The driver doesn't detect my laptop's GPU. I'm just using windows 7. I can deal with obselete AMD drivers than using this catalyst 8.XX driver provided by HP. The drivers in AMD site doesn't work at all. Maybe I could try using other OS. Thanks for the help. :)
  • gameguard025:

Perhaps if you could enumerate the notebook model you are using with SKU if possible. And the particular GPU you lack drivers for.

I have a suspicion that it is likely (and purposely) not supported by AMD's Legacy drivers because it was not cleared by the manufacturer for general reference drivers -- like Sony did for its VAIO notebooks before it handed over their computer manufacturing arm to the VAIO Corporation.

You're welcome. And I apologize if prior solutions did not work for you.
  • Which is the better laptop?

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro

Intel Core i7-4720HQ
    GTX 960M 2 GB
    8 GB RAM
    1 TB SSHD
    15.6" 1080p FHD IPS
    52 WHr battery
    2.3 kg, 2.3 cm
    PHP 49,999

Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Intel Core i5-6300HQ
    GTX 960M 4 GB
    8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD
    15.6 FHD 1080p IPS
    74 WHr battery
    2.7 kg, 2.5 cm
    PHP 47,600
  • @Nelko

thanks! pero bale ang cpu ko kasi is 5200u broadwell nag research ako nalaman ko na 16gb max ram support
    , ddr3L 1333/1600 siya. pag nag salpak ba ko ng memory na 16gb ram + 4gb built in memory na nito =? gagana ba or mag lilimit lang siya ng 16gb kumbaga parang ma d disable yung sosobra sa limit.
  • martinM2:

Since a Broadwell ULV is used, the notebook will have no more than 4 banks (2 slots) for RAM SODIMMs. This means you cannot have 4 GB of RAM + the 16 GB of RAM from your kit because there are only 2 slots to occupy. You can either have 12 GB of RAM or 16 GB of RAM. However, if the 4 GB RAM is soldered onto the board, then you can only add 8 GB of RAM more; thus limiting your RAM to 12 GB only.

1st slot: 4 GB
    2nd slot: 8 GB

or

1st slot: 8 GB
    2nd slot: 8 GB
  • G752 users.. anong bag gamit niyo? Wala akong mahanap eh. Hindi kasya sa usual 17.3" laptop bag. Looking for one, preferably briefcase type pero wag sana masyadong bulky. Thanks
  • Good evening mga bossing,
    Ask lang po kung anong magandang laptop na 20k+ lang? Gagamitin pang-work at home, thank you in advance!
  • @Nelko - I just want to update you regarding on my laptop. I successfully installed a graphics driver for my laptop. I've downloaded Leshcatlabs driver. And it worked! I've installed windows 10 in my laptop and its working flawlessly. :) Thanks again for the inputs earlier. :)
  • @nelko

thanks naka pag upgrade na ko gskil 4gb ddr3L ang binili ko.
  • Mahirap mahanap yung Asus K455 na may i7 + 940m so I'm running out of ideas.

Budget is 45k +/-

14" ang required size.

Ngayon lang ulit ako nag hahanap ng laptops at parang shet, ano tong i7 6500u, bakit feeling ko luging lugi ako sa specs na to. hahaha

-- edited by Riesig on Apr 26 2016, 09:39 PM
  • @Riesig

14"? Sayang pera sa specs ng mga 14" sa price range mo.

Dell 7559 sana.

May mga Y40 ata sa price range mo pero luging-lugi ka.
  • i_ras:

G752 users.. anong bag gamit niyo? Wala akong mahanap eh. Hindi kasya sa usual 17.3" laptop bag. Looking for one, preferably briefcase type pero wag sana masyadong bulky. Thanks

Ever tried looking at the CaseLogic 18? I'm pretty sure that could fit an oversized ASUS. I've seen it house a GX700 and a GT80S. It won't be too bulky, but it will catch people's attention as it is larger than most bags.
  • mischa:

Good evening mga bossing,
    Ask lang po kung anong magandang laptop na 20k+ lang? Gagamitin pang-work at home, thank you in advance!

What is the basic nature of the work? At 20 grand, there's likely to be a marginal performance gap that may be crucial to certain types of work -- especially those that deal with multiple websites powered by Silverlight or Flash.

This issue holds true for the brand new options available. Second-hand options should offer more performance headroom.
  • gameguard025:

I just want to update you regarding on my laptop. I successfully installed a graphics driver for my laptop. I've downloaded Leshcatlabs driver. And it worked! I've installed windows 10 in my laptop and its working flawlessly. :)

That's good to know. I was about to suggest custom drivers, but I didn't think it wise until I knew what the GPU was exactly.

martinM2:

thanks naka pag upgrade na ko gskil 4gb ddr3L ang binili ko.

I'm glad everything worked out fine.
  • Reisig:

Mahirap mahanap yung Asus K455 na may i7 + 940m so I'm running out of ideas.

LA or LB? I'm pretty sure I've seen a 024T SKU of the K455LB for sale yesterday via one of the resellers here on TPC. I'm not sure if that's the exact SKU you're looking for, though.

Ngayon lang ulit ako nag hahanap ng laptops at parang shet, ano tong i7 6500u, bakit feeling ko luging lugi ako sa specs na to. hahaha

Maybe because an SoC doesn't exactly sound like it promises much in performance. However, trust in its technological triumph. Its safeguards and feature sets are the most advanced in the consumer market, and it is one of the first SoCs to support DDR4.

Even as an SoC it performs better than its previous non-SoC contemporaries (within the ULV family) in both CPU and iGPU departments, although the actual lead gap between the latest predecessor may not justify the cost of purchasing one.
  • good morning! purchased this in the us :). two thumbs up for 7559! salamat sa feedbacks dito :)

-- edited by ridethewind on Apr 28 2016, 08:36 AM

-- edited by ridethewind on Apr 28 2016, 08:52 AM
  • i need advice po. kasi iam choosing between asus rog g551jw-cn262t vs asus rog g551vw-fy212t
    sa benchmarks kasi na nakikita sa net mas lamang yng i7-4750hq compare sa i7-6700hq, and some says for now mas ok daw yung ddr3 ram compare sa ddr4 ram. ano kaya mas ok na piliin ko sa dalawa? or may marerecommend pa po ba kayong mas ok na laptops na nasa 70k php price range. salamat po

-- edited by KariXXV on May 01 2016, 12:52 AM
  • @KariXXV
    Kung ako sayo, dun nako sa 6700 since parehas lang ng GPU saka mas future proof DDR4 and the CPU is 2 generations ahead.
  • may naka dell xps 15 9550 po ba dito?
  • pa-advice po sana ako. Im planning on buying a laptop. Una kong nagustuhan is ung xps 13 e mukhang malabo makahanap ng ganyan na medyo mababa presyo so im currently looking for an alternative. Also, should i go for an ultrabook? May nakita ako dito na UX305 na i5 5th gen. Ok kaya un for 55k? For work kasi like programming and stuff. First work ko kaya wala ako idea sa workload ng mga gagawin. Kaso gusto ko din kasi makapag 2k16. I know nmn na d kaya ng ultrabook so ano ba masmaganda? Mag inspiron 7995 na i5 nlng ako? Or ultrabook nlng? Parang hirap kasi magkarga ng 15inch laptop araw araw e. Salamat. Isa pa pala kaya ba ng gtx 960m ung 2k16? Haha.