Forum Topic

CCBOOT - diskless users thread

• sir pa hinge nmn po link ng ccboot with crack haba po ng thread. tnx2
  • No piracy po sir.
  • Kung pang gaming naman for 10pc clients anu po magandang specs ng clients at server? intel set up po, thanks.
  • ^

anong games specifically?
  • yung mga usual games ngayon like DOTA, NBA and LOL...
  • ^
    Client-pc
    Dual core
    4gb ram ddr3
    Gt 730 vc
    Gigabit lan

Server
    Dual core or higher
    8gb ram
    4pcs hdd or 2pcs hhd+2pcs ssd
    Gigabit lan
  • Anong difference ng Dual Core at Quad Core para sa Server?
  • Anong difference ng Dual Core at Quad Core para sa Server?

kung multi-role server mu need mu ng quad-core or higher, or if 30+ units.

29 or less at ccboot lang talaga puwede na ang dual-core.
  • nakakainis lang yung internet cafe na gumagamit ng diskless. ang bagal kasi ng performance tapos mga mechanical hard drive pa gamit ng mga loko eh di gasgas na yung platter dahil 30 systems ba naman gumagamit nun tapos pabaya pa mag maintenance.

-- edited by GerEdc22 on Jul 22 2016, 07:14 AM
  • NEED HELP

I'm actually new on Diskless and we are launching an internet cafe by Thursday. (Rushing things because of Feng Shui tips).

Anyway, I need to buy the units already and the problem is I always get different quotations and when I ask them why is this different from the other. They can't give me a specific answer other than the other one is slightly better. I'm asking for your help. Anyone who can help me.

Specs I got from a quotation that I modified a bit due to availability from the stores I'm checking.

CPU AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz We are starting with 20 Units but planning to increase to 35. As I've read from the forums, Quad Core runs better if I plan to increase my number of units. Just getting ready!

MOBO MSI A78M-E35 v2 FM2 + PCIe DDR3 Is this mobo good enough? Or do I need to get a better one? Why?

RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 1866 CL10 Is this enough?

SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 120 GB Sata3 (2PCS) I'm getting different combinations of SSD's and HDD's from different quotations. Sometimes they give me 2 SSD's with different brands or different properties. What do I really need? I'm only after a simple basic diskless system. But if you know why they give me different SSD's, please enlighten me. Thanks

HDD WD Caviar Black 1 TB This is always on the list. Mostly the only HDD, but why do sometimes they offer an additional 500 GB? Do I really need it? What for?

ATX Tecware 508BS Infinity Gaming Case What are the things I should consider for a case? Other alternatives?

PSU Corsair VS450 80+ White Is this good enough? I just looked for a similar price and wattage compared to what some stores quoted me. I don't want to overspend on something unnecessary

NETWORK Intel Pro/1000 Mt Gigabit PCI I always get two different Network Adapters. Confused with its purpose as to why they are different. I also got a different quotation wherein there's only one Network Adapter. I also got one network adapter and one dual network adapter? @.@ Confusing! Why do I need so much Network Adapters. Forgive me for I lack the time to study. I just need to assess which things to buy and I promise you I won't bother you guys for installation.

NETWORK Tp-Link TG 3468 32 GB PCIe
    AVR/APC Back-UPS BX650LI-MS 325w 650 va

To anyone who plans to help me I want to thank you in advance! Hoping that you guys would. Thank you thank you thank you!

-- edited by FlyingKick on Jul 24 2016, 10:48 PM
  • CPU AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz We are starting with 20 Units but planning to increase to 35. As I've read from the forums, Quad Core runs better if I plan to increase my number of units. Just getting ready!

for dedicated ccboot server, dual-core will suffice.

MOBO MSI A78M-E35 v2 FM2 + PCIe DDR3 Is this mobo good enough? Or do I need to get a better one? Why?

# of sata3 ports = ok
    # of pci-e (for 30+ diskless client you will be using 2-3nics) = ok

RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 1866 CL10 Is this enough?

for 20 diskless units i suggest 16gb.

SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 120 GB Sata3 (2PCS) I'm getting different combinations of SSD's and HDD's from different quotations. Sometimes they give me 2 SSD's with different brands or different properties. What do I really need? I'm only after a simple basic diskless system. But if you know why they give me different SSD's, please enlighten me. Thanks

for 20 diskless units it recommended that you use 2pcs SSD and 2pcs HDD. for 30+ diskless units you will need 3pcs SSD and 2pcs HDD.

HDD WD Caviar Black 1 TB This is always on the list. Mostly the only HDD, but why do sometimes they offer an additional 500 GB? Do I really need it? What for?

500gb will suffice for all popular OL games and a few popular offline games, but if you will be installing AAA games even 1tb might not be enough!

ATX Tecware 508BS Infinity Gaming Case What are the things I should consider for a case? Other alternatives?

this is a good enough case.

PSU Corsair VS450 80+ White Is this good enough? I just looked for a similar price and wattage compared to what some stores quoted me. I don't want to overspend on something unnecessary

i suggest get at least 500w PSU.

NETWORK Intel Pro/1000 Mt Gigabit PCI I always get two different Network Adapters. Confused with its purpose as to why they are different. I also got a different quotation wherein there's only one Network Adapter. I also got one network adapter and one dual network adapter? @.@ Confusing! Why do I need so much Network Adapters. Forgive me for I lack the time to study. I just need to assess which things to buy and I promise you I won't bother you guys for installation.

for 20 diskless units i recommend at least 2 gigabit nics.
  • @FlyingKick

CPU AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz We are starting with 20 Units but planning to increase to 35. As I've read from the forums, Quad Core runs better if I plan to increase my number of units. Just getting ready!

paki indicate na lang kung specs ng server or clients yan. 8gig 1866 ram is enough for clients pc. puro online games naman yung lalaruin dyan ng majority ng costumers. just make sure you get dual channel kit like 2 x 4gb 1866 for better gaming performance you'll get from apus.

sa server dun mo na lang taasan ang specs para di ka magkaproblema, afaik cpu , ram and hard disk ang tinataasan for diskless server, kahit di na masyado mataas video card.
  • Thank You St. Anger! I remember you from 3-4 years back then. Thanks for still being supportive in TPC Forums.

Although, I might still need some clarifications.

For SSD,
    What are the variations I should consider? And as to what they will be used for? Just so I can get a clear picture and don't get outsmarted by those sales people.

For HDD,
    You suggested 2 HDD's for 20 Units. Is it just a consideration for the storage of games? If so, is it needed to get both a black type?

For the case,
    I need a few tips as availability might be an issue on some shops. Am I looking for a case with more fans since it is a high load server? Am I looking for number of bays for the SSD's and HDD's?

For the NICS
    Since mobo's are mostly Gigabit Ready. Is it really needed to get two additional nics? Or should I just consider the number of Gigabit Ports accessible to the PC? Also, what would adding another NIC do? (This might also be the deciding factor why some sales people consider getting a better mobo).

I want to apologize for being such a lazy-ass. To be honest, I'm not. I'm just doing a lot of things lately for the shop. I'm a one man machine doing all necessary preparation from Interior Design, Engineering and Architecture of the location, Accounting of funds, Quoting necessary things for the shop, Buying them, Putting them in the site, and even the Carpentry Strategies. Hopefully you understand and I really apologize. I'm not exaggerating on anything. But really I appreciate your help. Really big help! Thanks!
  • paki indicate na lang kung specs ng server or clients yan. 8gig 1866 ram is enough for clients pc. puro online games naman yung lalaruin dyan ng majority ng costumers. just make sure you get dual channel kit like 2 x 4gb 1866 for better gaming performance you'll get from apus.

sa server dun mo na lang taasan ang specs para di ka magkaproblema, afaik cpu , ram and hard disk ang tinataasan for diskless server, kahit di na masyado mataas video card

Server po yan sir.

For the Client ko,

CPU AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz
    MOBO Gigabyte F2A68HM - S1
    RAM Crucial Memory 4 GB DDR3-1600 Gusto ko sana maghanap ng Dual Channel na 2x2 kaso hindi na ako makakita.
    ATX Any case suggestions on a 650 PHP budget?
    PSU Generic 650w
    MONITOR BenQ DL2020 LED Monitor 19.5"
    HEADSET Any good headset for internet cafe's with good sound quality and mic around 300 PHP worth?
    KMS A4tech KR-8372 PS2

Ok na rin ba to? for games such as DotA 2, Overwatch, CSGO. I'm more after sa FPS kahit mid graphics.
  • CPU AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz
    MOBO Gigabyte F2A68HM - S1
    RAM Crucial Memory 4 GB DDR3-1600 Gusto ko sana maghanap ng Dual Channel na 2x2 kaso hindi na ako makakita.

aww yun lang sir. there's a big difference in gaming when using dual channels in apus. <click here for link>
  • aww yun lang sir. there's a big difference in gaming when using dual channels in apus. <click here for link>

Yun nga eh! Parang wala na nagbebenta ng 2x2 na RAM. Problema ko kung mag 2x4 ako. Mag off budget naman ako.

Side Question lang.

May RAM specifically for DUAL CHANNEL dba? Hindi pwede basta lang ako magdagdag ng dalawang 2 GB ram.
    And automatic na ba yung DUAL CHANNEL for mobos? Or kailangan may matching feature din yung mobo for it to work.
  • May RAM specifically for DUAL CHANNEL dba? Hindi pwede basta lang ako magdagdag ng dalawang 2 GB ram.
    And automatic na ba yung DUAL CHANNEL for mobos? Or kailangan may matching feature din yung mobo for it to work.

as long as identical yun sir, automatic na mag dual channel yun sa mobo na dual channel ready. get the higher clock ram like 1866 or 2133 para mamaximize mo yung gaming performance.
  • as long as identical yun sir, automatic na mag dual channel yun sa mobo na dual channel ready. get the higher clock ram like 1866 or 2133 para mamaximize mo yung gaming performance.

Ahh ok. So kahit mga 1x2 GB ang kunin ko, possible siya mag Dual Channel?
  • Ahh ok. So kahit mga 1x2 GB ang kunin ko, possible siya mag Dual Channel?

yes sir gagana naman, pero kapos ang 2gb lalo na sa dota 2 at nba 2k16
  • yes sir gagana naman, pero kapos ang 2gb lalo na sa dota 2 at nba 2k16

Yeah. I only asked kasi bibili ako dalawang 1x2. Sana hindi ako mahirapan hanapin! Can anyone give me info kung marami pang nabibilng 1x2 GB DDR3 kahit 1600.
  • Ask ko lng po sir . kpag po mga 5 unit lang ang client mo.

Ok na po ba ang server na ito:

a4 4020 3.2ghz
    8gb ram
  • Post deleted #11724055
  • Newbie here.

Does diskless setup have a feature like DeepFreeze or Shadow Defender or do I need to set it up separately as well?
  • Hindi mo na kailangan ng DeepFreeze sa Diskless.
  • Hindi mo na kailangan ng DeepFreeze sa Diskless.

So meron na siyang ganun feature?

Thanks in advance
  • ^wala po syang ganun features po.. basa sa pagkakaalam ko ay encrypted yung mga image kaya hindi mabavirus po
  • For SSD,
    What are the variations I should consider? And as to what they will be used for? Just so I can get a clear picture and don't get outsmarted by those sales people.

usally used as image disk and writeback disk.

for 20 client, 1pc ssd for image disk then 1pc ssd for writeback. (sometimes this works up to 30+ clients) but for 30+ clients its recommended to use 2pcs ss for writeback then 1pc ssd for image disk.

For HDD,
    You suggested 2 HDD's for 20 Units. Is it just a consideration for the storage of games? If so, is it needed to get both a black type?

1pc hdd for OS, ccboot, backup files, etc. 1pc hdd as game disk.

For the case,
    I need a few tips as availability might be an issue on some shops. Am I looking for a case with more fans since it is a high load server? Am I looking for number of bays for the SSD's and HDD's?

a good mATX case with good air flow will suffice even generic case will do as long it has good air flow.

for the # of hdd/ssd bays this will depend on how many you will using, but for me i just choose 2 or 4 hdd bays since ssd has no moving parts i usually put then in the bottom part of the case.

For the NICS
    Since mobo's are mostly Gigabit Ready. Is it really needed to get two additional nics? Or should I just consider the number of Gigabit Ports accessible to the PC? Also, what would adding another NIC do? (This might also be the deciding factor why some sales people consider getting a better mobo).

what you need to consider here is compatibility of nic you are using, general rule here is same brand/model works best!

usually on-board nic in motherboards are realtech based, so if your will be adding more nic's get the same brand. BTW with the # of diskless clients you will be setting-up you will need to team 2 or more nic's.
  • Thank you so much! Big help!

I already ordered the parts tho. I'm not sure if I can change the NICS anymore. *sigh*

I just followed the suggestion on their package *seems like a bad idea*

NETWORK Tp-Link TG 3468 32 GB PCIe
    NETWORK Intel Pro/1000 Mt Gigabit PCI

Seems like I might end up with this. But I'd still try to change it if they will allow it. Any suggestion which is better?

And for the 2 or more nics suggestion, is the on-board NIC not advisable to use? Would you prefer 3 Tp-Link TG 3468 32 GB PCIe or 3 Intel Pro/1000 Mt Gigabit PCI instead?
  • Been reading some CCboot instructions lately. Seems like they prefer different NICS as to not confuse them when prepping the setup.
  • And for the 2 or more nics suggestion, is the on-board NIC not advisable to use? Would you prefer 3 Tp-Link TG 3468 32 GB PCIe or 3 Intel Pro/1000 Mt Gigabit PCI instead?

yes you can use the on-board nic, also you can team them with the Tp-Link TG 3468 if its a realtek based on-board nic.

for easy teaming i would recommend the Tp-Link TG 3468, just use the realtek teaming software. for you to team intel pro nic, you have to use Windows Server OS or a smart switch/hub. btw intel also have there own teaming software but you have to use one server-type intel pro nic to able to team intel pro cards.