Forum Topic

Tomato flashed Dual wan Router from CD-R KING (CW-5356U/CW-5358U) Read Page1

• Mga sir paturo naman kung pano setup ng pldt modem+router and my 5358u tomato router.. TIA.
  • ask lang po ano po magandang vpn na pang torrent/download/stream?
  • Mga sir paturo naman kung pano setup ng pldt modem+router and my 5358u tomato router.. TIA.

I assume na naka residential plan ka so here's you might want to do setting up your PLDT connection with your own router

- check the model of your ADSL router modem. then google it or search here in TPC how to bridge mode that particular modem of yours.
    - once the router set to bridge mode, with default configuration of the Tomato router of daking, gagana na dapat yan out-of the box,
    Take note: If you flashed your daking 535x router with official shibby firmware, I highly recommend to change your WAN MAC first since the default MAC address is blacklisted by PLDT, to fix it, go to Advance >> MAC address, under WAN MAC address, click random 5-10 times and click save, after that the router should be able to attain WAN IP address now.

ask lang po ano po magandang vpn na pang torrent/download/stream?

google na lang paps for best VPN for torrents, although I highly not recommend running VPN and Transmission client at the same time due to limited resources on the router, generally on RAM.
  • Thank you sir
  • OT. hi sir polka, i bought a dual band router and i noticed na spinlit nya yung bandwidth ko (50mbps to 22mbps for 2.4ghz and 22mbps for 5ghz) . is there any way para ma control ko to? TIA
  • ^cant help you with that, hindi ako masyado familiar sa mga wifi although in my observation, sa 2.4ghz laslas bandwidth ko so im only expecting around 30-35mbps while sa 5ghz AC naman at least na reach ko yung 200mbps internet speed ko. Sa wirless N 5ghz medyo dodgy eh, nasa 120mbs-ish lang nakukuha ko.

maybe its also worth mentioning that shared ang bandwidth sa wifi so if the wifi speed is 300mbps advertised, half of that is 150mbps is download and another 150mbps for upload, total of 300mbps, in short half-duplex ang wifi at shared yan among devices, it can also be slowed down if you connect a legacy device such as Wireless B/G.
  • ^Master @polka, Possible ba na mag-connect ako ng hdd dito para gawin ko syang storage para sa amin and gawin ko syang gawing print server via usb hub?
  • @polka

ano b suggestion mo PPPOE ko n or 1486 Bridge n lng (may wireless router ako ilalagay)

ATM setting
    may Qos ako nabasa ano kya best setting

-- edited by icedbox2002 on Feb 12 2016, 03:19 PM
  • sir @polka sa smart lte kasi naka block ang torrent so need ng vpn to bypass, balak ko din naman mag asus rt-n18u para mataas ang specs, ask ko lang pag nag run ba ako ng torrent sa router mismo ano po bang IP ang gagamitin ni transmission ung WAN ip po ba o yung VPN ip?
  • @icedbox

set this

VPI: 0
    VCI: 33
    Encapsulation: LLC
    Mode: 1483 Bridged
    QoS: UBR

Dont forget to disable WiFI and DHCP server.

@adwang

once connected ka na sa VPN your torrent traffic will also tunneled over VPN. Wala na extra config yan.

@jeff

gamit ka lang ng USB Hub ok na yan, make sure lang na sufficient ang power ng USB to power all the USB devices. Lalabas naman lahat ng connected device sa Device List ng USB.

-- edited by polka on Feb 12 2016, 06:38 PM

• patingin ng inyo.. 200gb. no cap parin si pldt
  • @polka,

Thanks sir, Kelangan pala may separate power pa si usb hub. Saan ba meron at anung brand yung durable?
  • @polka thnx

may nabili ako zyXel adsl wireless router modem p-660hw-d1 v2 para isa n lng naka-on.

ano kya best config routing or bridge p rin? PPPOE or PPPOA?

• ^pag standalone set mo sa routing, tapos set mo na yung PPPoE account mo dyan, everything else I see there is ok now. With this you will have a single unit acting as modem and a router.

pag bridge mode, just follow my previous reply, just set na lang yung mode as bridge.
  • sa experience mo sir @polka ano ma rerecomend mo po na vpn para sakin :)
  • ^im not using any VPN at all, kung meron man libre lang which you can find it on google. So no recommendation for me.
  • ^@polka, paano sir i set up yung scanner? yung print ko gumagana yung scan lang hindi :|
  • ahhh hahah booset kasi na smart LTE to sir naka block ang torrent need pa mag vpn para ma ka torrent salamat sir @polka may other way pa kaya para ma bypass to?
  • ^well you can set a VPN with selective routing, meaning you can use VPN as your torrent thing while leaving others not under VPN. Sa latest build ng shibby, yung OpenVPN has a selective routing option which is cool, you can select a IP address that only routes on VPN, eg you want your Android STB to tunnel over VPN to access Netflix. This can also be done on transmission, all you have to do is create a IP alias that is under the same subnet of your private network, then bind the transmission to use that IP alias, now use that IP alias to OpenVPN selective routing option to tunnel only on VPN.

@jeff

you need to install a different service to manage scanning capability of your printer

you need entware for this to work and then install saned

the instruction is here <click here for link>
    note: its for ubuntu but the steps should be very similar except step 4 which you can skip.
  • wow galing!! saan ko po kaya pwede makuha ang tutorial nito sir @polka? nga pala sir saan po ba maganda bumili ng asus rt-n18u saan kaya mura saka ok na po ba un o may mas much better?
  • Mode : Bridge
    Encapsulation : PPPoE
    Username : username mo
    Password : password mo
    VPI : 0
    VCI : 100
  • Pwede na ba itong 5358u + bandwidth limiter ko para walang lag ang computer shop kung magtatayo ako, o need pa ng Mikrotik + config?
  • does anyone has experience in updating a Tenda N6 router using tomato firmware? if so, what are the exact steps done?
  • ^
    download this:<click here for link>

- login to your router admin page
    - reset the router to defaults
    - extract the file you just downloaded, you will have a trx file after that
    - now go to firmware update page of your router
    - select the trx file and begin the upgrade process
    - important: have patience and wait..... it may take 10-20minutes
    - use your smartphone and monitor for wireless AP named as Tomato something if you see that, restart your computer
    - once restarted, go to tomato's admin page 192.168.1.1 default credentials is admin/admin
    - done....
  • @polka
    thanks for the detailed instructions.
    i'll follow it step by step and will update you of the outcome.
  • i read the forums in linksysinfo.org.
    http://linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/tenda-n60-trying-to-make-it-work.68404/page-2

here are the exact steps to upgrade Tenda N6 (without USB) with Tomato firmware.

EN: read this very carefully because if you do something wrong then you will brick router and the only way to unbrick your router will be serial cable!!

Official Tenda FW to Tomato:
    1) download both files for N60
    2) restore default settings!! (default ip will be 192.168.0.1)
    3) upgrade router using TendaN60-init image
    4) wait ~ 4-5 mins
    5) default ip will change to 192.168.1.1
    6) log into tomato and ERASE NVRAM
    7) upgrade router using TendaN60 image
    8) that`s all

credits to Pozdrawiam
  • Mga sir tanong lang.. may guide po ba dito kung pano gumamit ng DDNS feature nung router? D ko pa din maacess kasi yung web interface ng router ko outside my network. Pinort forward ko na yung 80 at 8080. Ganun pa din. Pero yung port 21 na aacess ko naman
  • ^you dont neet to port forward anything to access your router's admin page in WAN side.

there's a "check box" option for it, go to Administration >> Admin Access
  • ^kaya naman pala eh!!! Thank you sir polka! :)
  • pa share naman ng wifi setting nyo ang bagal sa speedtest eh 4mbps (tomato-5356u) lang pag dun sa isang router (cisco) 8mbps