Forum Topic

Raspberry Pi credit-card sized computer

• Sa RPi3 may built in BT module na. Sa latest na retropie alam ko recognized na sya. May instructions sa retropie site mismo kung pano
  • slightly off-topic: Ask lang ako sa mga Raspberry Pi users... meron na ba sa inyo nakasubok ng Asus Tinker Board?

-- edited by Laserion on Feb 20 2017, 06:55 PM
  • ^
    Hindi pa lumalabas may nakasubok na? :O
  • wala pa yatang tiner dito sa pinas or available locally

yan din ina abangan ko
  • Main advantage ng asus tinker board ay yung non-shared bus design, meaning the GPIO and the rest of the peripherals aren't bandwidth limited, plus better CPU. Magkano kaya kapag dito?

Sana merong murang SBC na x86, mahal kasi eh :p. So i can play some windows classics on a more modern machine
  • hahah... sensya na mga paps! na excite lang siguro.... I've read somewhere na maganda ang specs at unti lang daw price difference sa RPi3... balak ko sana gawin pang browse sa net watch online videos tapos hook up ko sa LCD TV if possible....

...meron ako dati yung unang RPi for media playing lang sa TV tapos nung bumaha sa amin hindi na ako ng assemble ulit to try other stuff.... kaya parang na enganyo lang ulit sa tinkerboard.....
  • ^Specs are good, but price is around double of the RPi2, IIRC.
  • mga sirs baka meron kayong copy paste lang na conf ng squid3 using debian? many thanks..
  • Lumabas na ang Raspberry Pi Zero W...

It's basically Raspberry Pi Zero pero may WIFI and Bluetooth built-in...

US$10 pero as usual may add-on shipping fees, kaya around US$20 total... bale Php 1000 pesos... kaso mas mahal siguro sa pinas
  • Madaming galing China ngayon na development boards... kaya lang hindi masyadong cheap. Search nyo lang sa Alibaba yung pfsense board. gusto ko kasi yung me at least dual gigabit lan at wifi.

-- edited by emcel on Mar 01 2017, 02:17 PM
  • Madaming galing China ngayon na development boards... kaya lang hindi masyadong cheap. Search nyo lang sa Alibaba yung pfsense board. gusto ko kasi yung me at least dual gigabit lan at wifi.

pfsense is a networking firewall... nag search ako sa aliexpress puro mga routers and network equipment ang lumitaw for pfsense...
  • Hello

ask ko lang sa inyo kung may nag order ng Raspberry pi 3 bundle with white case sa RS-PH?
    yun akin last dec ko pa nabili then sabi sa site April 3 pa dating, nung nag follow up ako sa kanila, sabi sa akin phase out na daw, yun item at lahat daw ng nag order nun eh tinawagan nila para sabihin na wala na at di na daw nila ma ship tapos binibigyan ako ng option to order a seperate item na mas mahal sa original?
  • @ducks15
    If you want a full cash refund but they aren't giving it to you, you can file a complaint in DTI.
    Unless the Terms of Agreement says otherwise, but it is your consumer right to get a full cash refund.

(Based on experience from another online retailer)

On topic though, sad that they have no stock. Wish that they could get their hands on some new RPi Zero Ws..
  • Well the RPi 3 bundle was priced lower than the individual parts, no wonder madaling naubos. Buti nakakuha na ako last year :)

Anyway, they gave you the option to change your order, otherwise go for a refund nalang
  • ^
    Im Opted for a refund, di lang kasi nila ma explain ng maayos, kausap ko yun dispatch nila and pag kaka explain nya OBSOLETE na daw yun item kaya di nila ma provide, paano magiging Obsolete eh may ibang silang Product na same spec kaso separate Product # different price, siguro na realize nila na lugi sila so kahit na na purchase mo na sasabihin na di na pwede kasi may item na pwedeng kunin
  • Hindi naman sa lugi or something. It's just that it is in a different SKU number. Kung baga may SKU number ang bundle RPi, ibang SKU number yung bare na RPi. May naka allocate na stocks for bundle. Nung bumili ako back in Sept mga nasa thousands available stocks.

Di pwede na basta basta ilipat yung bare stocks at ilipat sa bundle. It will open a whole can of problems sa inventory. My previous job dealt with logistics and supply chain so i know how it works. Mali lang wording na obsolete ng taga RS ;)
  • ^
    Yun nga, ok na sana kung na explain nya ng maayos, in my end ok lang naman sa akin sabihin na di na ako umabot sa allotted number of stock, di ko pa malalaman na di na pala ako aabot kung di pa ako nag tanong, courtesy lang sa custormer nila na nag bayad at ang iintay, well lesson learned sana ayusin nila, kay ALiX nalang ako mag check...

Raspberry Pi Zero W for 10$ Wiw

• Dubbed the "Asus 90MB0QY1-M0EAY0 Tinker Board," or (thankfully) the "Tinker Board" for short, the 8.5cm by 5.3cm computer features a quad-core Arm Cortex A17 CPU running at 1.8GHz, ARM Mali-T764 GPU, and 2GB of DDR3 memory. The most recent revision of the Raspberry Pi, the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, sports a 64-bit Cortex A53 quad-core processor. The A17 in the Tinker Board only supports 32-bit instructions.

However, the Mali-T764 GPU inside the Tinker Board is more powerful than the Broadcom VideoCore IV inside the Pi 3. There's hardware support for H.265 4K decoding instead of just 1080p, and Asus claims it pulls in almost double the benchmark score in Geekbench, which should equate to better 3D performance. Other niceties include gigabit Ethernet, support for SDIO 3.0, and swappable antennas for the built-in 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi module.

Both single-board computers are almost exactly the same size, and at first glance it appears that the GPIO pins and mounting holes are in the same positions, suggesting the Tinker Board wants to be a drop-in replacement for the Raspberry Pi.

Despite the Tinker Board's support for 4K video, it's worth noting that while you can watch any 4K videos you've downloaded/created with H.264 or H.265 encoding (also known as High Efficiency Video Coding), Netflix streaming is still off the table. Currently, only Intel Kaby Lake and Windows 10-based PCs sport the necessary DRM-decoding hardware and software to stream 4K Netflix, leaving dedicated streamers like the Chromecast Ultra or Nvidia Shield the only other option.

Asus has released its own OS for the Tinker Board, which is based upon the same Debian distribution as the Raspberry Pi OS. It also claims to be working on support for the likes of Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, and Kodi, but has offered no release date. A large part of the appeal of the Raspberry Pi is its software support and community, which is expected to grow further following the release of the PIXEL Linux desktop for x86 PCs. Asus, on the other hand, will be starting its community from scratch.

The Tinker Board is available to pre-order now, with shipping expected at the beginning of February.

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, cpu = WIN!
    Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, cpu = Broadcom VideoCore IV , LOSE!

vs.

Tinker Board = Can only support 32-bit instructions.
    Tinker Board = Mali-T764 GPU (WIN!)

Sa Pricing, Kung mas mura ang Tinker Board kesa sa Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, much better kay Tinker na ako.

May re-arm feature pa siguro saka refresher orb? Jowke lng, hehe! :)
  • pwede po ba gawing pfsense router itong rpi2 ?
  • pwede po ba gawing pfsense router itong rpi2 ?
    hindi pero pwede siyang gawing linux flavor router... kaso limited yung bandwidth niya.
  • ok thanks po
  • Raspberry Pi ay ARM processor while PFSense ay x86 processor.

You can try OpenWRT.
  • pfsense is a networking firewall... nag search ako sa aliexpress puro mga routers and network equipment ang lumitaw for pfsense...
    My bad... I was referring to mini PC that can double as a pfsense boards... anyway changing search keywords to "development board" shows a lot of Arduino based ones.
  • there's a specific arm based pfsense router available on pfsense store, and that cost 150 bucks, with that kind of price, you might as well just save for like additional 60 bucks and you get your self a full fledged low power computer that has 2 Intel NIC and a quad core based celeron processor (Asrock Ubox 110 or 111). that asrock ubox consumes upto 22watts if you use at full power (with all kB mouse and wifi etc..) but if youre using it as a firewall (pfsense) where graphic is non-existent, I can safely say that it only conumes upto 10watts and 8watts at idle, basically it consumes very similar as your standard consumer router.

-- edited by polka on Mar 07 2017, 06:26 PM
  • At last, dumating din. Guys, sino nakagamit na ng Parrot? Mas OK ba sa Kali?

• Hi..i am a new user here. It has nice specs and gradually just like the price difference would RPi3 .I intend to do more browsing the net watch online videos then hook up my TV if possible .I used to have my first RPI for media playing on TV when finished flooded us not I assemble again to try other stuff ,so it seems that only encouraged tinkerboard times.

-- edited by LulaNord on Mar 22 2017, 01:37 AM
  • tinkerboard is already pulled out from the market due to humongous amount of bugs in the software it self, they probably need more time to get the software functional.

and for browsing, well dont hold youre breath to it since rpi in "general" is slow as ass when it comes to web surfing, with rpi3, maybe its usable a lil bit but still not up to standards what you call to make it usable for web surfing.

if you want to surf on net and media player, you might as well get a compute stick or a respectable spec android stb. sorry but web surfing in rpi is not there yet specially that more and more of websites are now html5 coded.
  • Im considering orange pi...anybody has experience on it?
  • Asus Tinker Board Arrives in US
    APRIL 20, 2017, 9:29 P.M.
    <click here for link>
  • Im considering orange pi...anybody has experience on it?

I have an OrangePi Lite, pero para magpatakbo lang ng 3d printer. Note lang di siya powered by micro usb, rumekta ko sa GPIO kasi wala ako nung adapter. Yung OrangePI One ata micro usb powered na.