Forum Topic

Raspberry Pi credit-card sized computer

• rumekta ko sa GPIO kasi wala ako nung adapter

GPIO FTW :D

nag extra coding ka pa for interface sa 3d printer mo? from scratch?
  • afaik, powering the rpi over GPIO doesnt offer any kind of protection, so if you do that make sure that youre providing a clean 5v power over it or else prepare for the worst.
  • afaik, powering the rpi over GPIO doesnt offer any kind of protection, so if you do that make sure that youre providing a clean 5v power over it or else prepare for the worst.

yep. though orange pi yung gamit ko(yung variant na walang microusb power) so no choice since wala ako nung adapter.
  • Patulong po... baka may naka-experience na...

Gusto kong gamitin ang RPi as VPN Gateway.. ang setup is Huawei B315-936 to connect to the net pero all connections will have to pass to RPi acting as VPN Gateway.

So setup ko ang RPi as router na rin... and inorder for wireless clients to be forced to use the VPN I setup RPI as DHCP server.

Pero when I turned off the built-in DHCP of the Huawei router, di naman makakuha ng ip address ang mga clients ko.

Sana po may makatulong... TIA
  • may gumagamit sa inyo ng raspberry pi for mining?
  • pi for mining is terrible, maybe a 1year continous mining will get you at least <$20 worth of bitcoin, I think yung gagastusin mo pa lang sa mining is aabot na mas mataas pa dyan since fullnode mining requires at least 120gb free space of storage.

but with current state of bitcoin mining, no contest na ang mga low spec miners.
  • Hi,

Marami palang gumagamit ng raspberry pi here, just to share what I did with mine, i've installed Plex Media Server, deluge and mopidy as my all in one home media server with spotify.

I attached a NAS sa kanya as my library and integrated a spotify family account sa kanya as headless system.

Using an Apple TV 3 to play the video files from the Plex Media Server installed on the raspberry pi 3 pala via PlexConnect also running on the pi.

-- edited by desperado2001 on Jun 09 2017, 02:10 PM
  • Malware on RPi? <click here for link>
  • @desperado2001

can you point me sa tutorials on getting my Spotify to play local audio files? I am using Amazon Echo Dot, and if I can link my files to my spotify account it would be great...
  • @rolandg

Not sure what you mean, can amazon echo be the spotify client or it controls another device? I could only see those options for spotify on windows. What i did with my pi is just interface mopidy with spotify, mopidy is still the one that plays my local music
  • @deperado2001

I think Amazon Echo is a spotify client dahil smart speaker na rin siya... to control my home theater I can use Logitech Harmony hub, and Amazon echo can control the hub to turn on TV, home theater, etc

but I'm also trying to set my RPi (which is running Magic Mirror) and there is an Alexa module that will allow Amazon Alexa functionality kaso di ko pa napapagana...

Once I get Spotify skill sa Amazon Echo ko, I should be able to just say "Alexa, play Never Gonna Give You up by Rick Astley"

Ang di ko lang alam is how to add my local audio files to my Spotify acct...
  • Post deleted #11958445
  • @rolandg

I think i get what you want, problem is wala pang native spotify client for the pi if i'm not mistaken.

I saw something that mopidy is able to interact with alexa voice services though. Mopidy would be the one to play your local files while spotify can still stream music.

https://apiant.com/connect/Mopidy-Core-to-Amazon-Alexa-Smart-Home-Skills

So you could add on mopidy sa pi, then if you could also interface the pi sa home theater setup for better sound quality since sya na ang magplay ng audio
  • Hi po! Question about the wifi of raspberry pi 3. How strong is it? Like cellphone-level kaya? Planning to buy one to make it a printer server para pwede online printing from both PC and cellphone. Pero medyo malayo ung printer sa router. Abot naman signal if based sa cellphone.

Also, what kind of SD card would I need for that?
  • Hi po! Question about the wifi of raspberry pi 3. How strong is it? Like cellphone-level kaya? Planning to buy one to make it a printer server para pwede online printing from both PC and cellphone. Pero medyo malayo ung printer sa router. Abot naman signal if based sa cellphone.

Also, what kind of SD card would I need for that?

decent naman range yung wifi ng RPi ko, but i can't make a direct comparison since mejo maayos yung positioning ng router ko (stairwell so it covers ground and third floor). plus it doesn't help kapag maraming wifi sa mga kapitbahay ;)

wala naman bare minimum for a microSD card although an ordinary 8GB ang recommended na starting size for distros and disk space. you can even use the fancy UHS ones, sa case ko i have a sandisk 32GB
  • im not expecting anything fantastic about rpi's wifi. Raspberyy Pi is built in mind for power efficiency so yeah, worst case scenario, hindi sya ganung kalakas, heck the rpi's wifi is using a onboard (right on the PCB) antenna, this is much worst than your smartphone's wifi which uses some sort of antenna using the case it self or a aluminum based antenna sticked to the casing inside.

quick fix though is buy a high power USB wifi. or just connect it wired.
  • may spare Pi 3 ako and gusto ko sana ilagay yun sa tsikot in lieu of the digital tv box

- would the 3.5mm to RCA jack of TV+ work with the video out of rPi3?
    - how can i shutdown the pi safely without any keyboard/mouse? thinking of using a physical button connected sa GPIO that will trigger shutdown, pero the goal is to shutdown safely without user intervention (????)
  • - would the 3.5mm to RCA jack of TV+ work with the video out of rPi3?
    - how can i shutdown the pi safely without any keyboard/mouse? thinking of using a physical button connected sa GPIO that will trigger shutdown, pero the goal is to shutdown safely without user intervention (????)

- HDMI to RCA, not sure kung meron ganitong setup locally
    - button is the way to go, or invest in an RPi touchscreen ;)
  • @particlex

1. yes gagana yung rca cable na galing sa tvplus ng abs-cbn, although yun nga lang mix yun output, alamin mo na lang dun kung ano yugn video out sa 3 plugs.

2. possible via GPIO witch scripts, but to my personal experience, naka ilang bese na ako rekta patay ok pa naman, probably because naka ext4 yung filesystem na gamit ko.

-- edited by polka on Jun 23 2017, 10:20 AM
  • @ParticleX

Just giving an idea.
    <click here for link>

-- edited by marfon on Jun 23 2017, 10:41 AM
  • im not expecting anything fantastic about rpi's wifi. Raspberyy Pi is built in mind for power efficiency so yeah, worst case scenario, hindi sya ganung kalakas, heck the rpi's wifi is using a onboard (right on the PCB) antenna, this is much worst than your smartphone's wifi which uses some sort of antenna using the case it self or a aluminum based antenna sticked to the casing inside.

quick fix though is buy a high power USB wifi. or just connect it wired.

Thanks for the tip! unfortunately, di kaya mag wired connection kasi malayo sa router/modem eh, so baka i'll have to buy a USB if it's not powerful enough. Thanks!

EDIT: btw san po kayo nkakabili ng raspberry pi components/parts? If bawal po i-discuss, pa-pm nlng po. so far sa L****a lang alam ko eh. tagal nga dumating eh.

-- edited by penatbater on Jun 23 2017, 05:54 PM
  • for casing and heatsinks, mas maganda sa lazada na lang bumili at kunin mo yung pinakamura. I got a clear case, heatsink and fan through lazada that cost less than 700pesos. kung bibilhin mo lahat yan dito baka yung 1k mo kulang pa.

else bilhin mo na lang locally. like power adapter, sd card, etc...
  • San ho makakabili ng usb wifi adapter for raspberry pi? Or any normal usb wifi adapter will work? Medyo mahina kasi ata signal ng built-in wifi ng rpi 3 eh, di abot sa taas hehe
  • ^
    Generally, any USB wifi adapter with Linux support will work on the RPi.
  • ahh ok thanks po! :D
  • no output when using the RCA cable of tvplus. confirmed cable is good. also tested on two displays same issue
  • Any ArchLinuxARM user here? May nakapagtry na po ba ng ArchLinuxARM-rpi-3-latest.tar.gz sa Raspberry Pi 3? Nagca-crash kasi sa akin, bigla na lang nagrereboot. Di ko mafigure-out kung yung OS ba o yung Raspberry ko ang may problem. 2 SD cards na nata-try ko ganun pa din. Pero kapag ArchLinuxARM-rpi-2-latest.tar.gz ang ginamit ko ok naman, di na nagca-crash.
  • Attention Makers! Want to try out the newest #ASUS #TinkerBoard? We're looking for creative individuals who want to create possibilities out of this nifty device! Two of the best projects will get an ASUS Tinker Board each. Registration until September 18, 2017.

Register here: http://woobox.com/tnnbqa

• @AsusPH, wow that's one nifty device. :) Is it available already? :)
  • @everyone I did some reaserch with ASUS Tinkerboard, and I think it's one heavy contender of Raspberry Pi 3. And the color coded GPIO pins is an amazing touch. :) What do you think guys?

-- edited by TheLibra23 on Sep 15 2017, 07:06 PM