Forum Topic

Kalayaan Island (Spratly) / West Philippine Sea - AFP***

• this i am still to see. pag ang benham rise natayuan ng kahit na anong infra or matambakan ulit then i am very wrong to know the man.

what about panatag shoal, it is recently declared a marine sanctuary by duterte? now china is planning to occupy or build a monitoring station? why do we need to reach to a point that china will occupy benham rise, before you will know, that you are very wrong to know the man? at this moment china is planning to occupy or build a monitoring station in panatag shoal (scarborough shoal) now declared a marine sanctuary.

-- edited by kawawawanaman on Mar 25 2017, 08:39 PM
  • Spratlys guns for civilian use–China

SYDNEY—China is not militarizing the disputed South China Sea, the country’s premier said Friday in Australia, claiming defense equipment Beijing has installed on artificial islands is “primarily” for civilian use.

The South China Sea is a source of growing regional tension, with Beijing insisting it has sovereignty over virtually all the resource-rich waters, which are also claimed in part by several other countries, and deemed international waters by most of the world.

“Even if there is a certain amount of defense equipment or facilities, it is for maintaining the freedom of navigation,” Premier Li Keqiang told a press conference with Australia Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in Canberra. “Because without such freedom, or without stability in the South China Sea, the Chinese side would be among the first to bear the brunt of it.”

‘Civilian purposes’

China “never has any intention to engage in militarization in the South China Sea”, he said, adding installations that include airstrips and missile batteries are “primarily for civilian purposes.”

Li said aircraft and ships that transit through the South China Sea were from trading partners with Beijing, “so one can easily imagine how many Chinese interests are at stake here.”

Sydney-based independent strategic consultant Tim Johnston said the nations involved in the dispute, including China and other claimants such as Vietnam and the Philippines, were “being slightly disingenuous.”

“You build up features in the South China Sea in disputed waters, you are likely to have to defend them, which implies some degree of militarization,” he told Agence France-Presse (AFP). “We have the photographs of what looks like military installations on a number of the islands that China occupies.”

Li’s comments that Beijing did not want to restrict navigation in the South China Sea was also to be expected as no country was seeking such an outcome, Johnston said.

Instead, it was China’s need for a veto over activities in the waters that were contentious “in a region where nationalism is very raw and borders are undefined,” he said.

But he added the premier’s remarks could be interpreted as an attempt “not to exacerbate the situation,” at least for the current period.
    <click here for link>

Does China think everyone is as easily manipulated as its citizens? How can China claim that anti-aircraft guns and surface to air missiles are for civilian purposes only? I won't be surprised if someone famous in the Philippines will agree to it.
  • Philippines could share maritime resources with China: Duterte

MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte said Thursday he was open to sharing resources with Beijing in flashpoint South China Sea waters over which Manila has been given exclusive rights by an international tribunal.

Beijing claims most of the sea, including waters close to the Philippine coast, despite the claim being declared as without basis last year by a United Nations-backed tribunal.

However, Duterte said the Philippines could not exploit the natural resources on its own.

"Even if I wanted to extract everything we do not have the capital. Even the (oil) rig and everything we can't afford it," Duterte told lawyers in Manila.

"I would consider sharing it."

Duterte's predecessor Benigno Aquino had challenged China's claim to control most of the South China Sea, despite counter-claims by several other nations.

The Aquino administration in 2013 filed suit at the Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Hague. The tribunal ruled in favor of Manila last year.

However Duterte, who had taken office days before the tribunal ruling, has since reversed Aquino's policy and is seeking billions of dollars of investment and grants from Beijing.

Duterte on Thursday repeated earlier pronouncements he would not go to war with China over the disputed claims.

He said he and Chinese President Xi Jinping had agreed in Beijing last year that they would look to boost faltering trade ties that had been impacted by the sea row.

He said he also told Xi Manila would put off a discussion with Beijing on the Hague-based tribunal's ruling.

However, Duterte said the two countries would have to address the issue the moment China began to extract minerals in waters over which Manila has exclusive rights to exploit under the tribunal's ruling.
    <click here for link>
  • at wala din naman magawa ang UN para ipatupad yung UNCLOS. tapos ang sisi kay Duterte? aba ok ah

this i am still to see. pag ang benham rise natayuan ng kahit na anong infra or matambakan ulit then i am very wrong to know the man.

hindi natin lubusan kilala ang ugali niya. unless you rub elbows with him. so do not make comments as if you are close with the president.
  • @Atari...

hindi natin lubusan kilala ang ugali niya. unless you rub elbows with him. so do not make comments as if you are close with the president.

any positive assumption Sir?
  • any positive assumption Sir?

i don't want to assume like you guys do. wala din naman nangyayari. hindi naman natin talaga kilala ugali ng presidente. wala din naman tayo magagawa.
  • i don't want to assume like you guys do. wala din naman nangyayari. hindi naman natin talaga kilala ugali ng presidente. wala din naman tayo magagawa.

well running our country is not base on what character does president has, he should act base/according on our constitution/law. not the other way around.

-- edited by kawawawanaman on Mar 27 2017, 03:39 AM
  • China: Even if we're putting missiles on South China Sea islands, we're not militarizing them

China is not militarizing the South China Sea, Premier Li Keqiang said on Friday, although he acknowledged that defense equipment on islands in the disputed waterway had been placed there to maintain "freedom of navigation".

China has drawn international criticism for large-scale building in the South China Sea, although Li told reporters in Australia the development was for civilian purposes only.

"China's facilities, Chinese islands and reefs, are primarily for civilian purposes and, even if there is a certain amount of defense equipment or facilities, it is for maintaining the freedom of navigation," Li said.

China claims most of the resource-rich South China Sea, through which about $5 trillion in ship-borne trade passes every year. Neighbors Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam also have claims on the strategic waterway.

The United States estimates Beijing has added more than 3,200 acres (1,300 hectares) of land on seven features in the South China Sea over the past three years, building runways, ports, aircraft hangars and communications equipment.

The United States has conducted a series of freedom-of-navigation operations in the South China Sea, raising tensions between Washington and Beijing.
    <click here for link>

oh come on, well that is our most trusted ally.
  • Duterte plans to return to China for ‘One Belt, One Road’ forum

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, left, and Chinese President Xi Jinping shake hands after a signing ceremony in Beijing, China, Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016. Duterte was meeting Thursday with Xi in Beijing as part of a charm offensive aimed at seeking trade and support from the Asian giant by setting aside a thorny territorial dispute.

President Rodrigo Duterte plans to return China on the invitation of President Xi Jinping to attend a forum for its “One Belt, One Road” strategy, which seeks to revitalize trade networks between countries through the revival of the ancient Silk Road routes.

Duterte disclosed his plan in a speech before Filipino-Chinese businessmen on Friday, where he once more praised China for its financial assistance to the Philippines

“So I would like to thank again President Xi Jingping for being just too kind to us,” he said. “And I am going there. I was invited by the president himself, for the One Belt, One Road. It’s a very ambitious project of China,” he said.

This followed his statements in recent days that downplayed Chinese presence in Philippine waters, particularly at Benham Rise, which had raised concern among defense officials.

In his speech, Duterte also noted that China had promised a $10 billion investment initially and pledged to build two bridges in Manila for free.

He also recalled his first visit to China, where he extended his hand in friendship to Xi.

“I went to China, I said, Mr. Xi Jinping, I am here to shake your hand,” he said. “I am not asking for anything, I just want to trade with you because you seem to be far away.”

Xi, in response, told him that the Philippines’ foreign policy appeared to dovetail with what the United States wanted.

But Duterte assured him that his foreign policy would be different and that he would want to establish economic ties with Beijing
    “So I said I will adopt and then align the foreign policy,” he said. “But I would like to trade with you and please help us.”

“So it’s there,” he added. “So we’re getting a relief now from our hardships because a lot of money is coming in.”
    <click here for link>
  • The Philippine Air Force's FA-50s with tail number 007 and 008 are expected to arrive today at Clark Air Base, Pampanga. They were already sighted in Taiwan yesterday, which is the usual route of FA-50s being delivered from KAI's facility in South Korea.

• Duterte: Pumapasok na ang pera ng China

MANILA - President Duterte said his talks with China regarding trade are now starting to bear fruit.

In a speech during the ”Digong’s Day for Women” event at the Palace grounds, Duterte said Filipino products are starting to gain traction in China.

According to Duterte, Philippine pomelos and bananas are now being accepted in China and he plans to do the same in Russia, by dealing with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"Pumapasok na ang pera ng China. I think I made the correct decision to change course," he said.

The President added that he told China that even if he is not bringing up the arbitral ruling on the West Philippine Sea for now, he will have to bring it up again in the future.

Duterte said this will take place if China starts extracting minerals and natural resources from the disputed sea.

He also said he is willing to compromise in case China would suggest to divide the area.

"Sabihin ko sila, amin rin iyan, so please do not forget us when you start exploiting, kasi dalawa tayong claimant. Eh kung magsabi silang hati, eh di mas maganda na," the president said.

Duterte also reiterated his previous position that he does not want to go to war with China over the disputed area.

"I will be a very stupid president if I place the lives of the Filipinos in jeopardy," he said.
    <click here for link>

looks like they have an agreement, what will be the next part of philippines will china made an artificial island? benham rise?
  • "I will be a very stupid president if I place the lives of the Filipinos in jeopardy," he said.

anong silbi ng pagpondo sa ating militar hinde naman pala magagamet at magagampanan ang tungkulin, diba nasa batas yan to protect our people lives from Foreign and Domestic threat...
  • Duterte said this will take place if China starts extracting minerals and natural resources from the disputed sea.

He also said he is willing to compromise in case China would suggest to divide the area.

"Sabihin ko sila, amin rin iyan, so please do not forget us when you start exploiting, kasi dalawa tayong claimant. Eh kung magsabi silang hati, eh di mas maganda na," the president said.

Checkmate, tsk tsk kawawang Pilipinas...
  • i don't want to assume like you guys do. wala din naman nangyayari. hindi naman natin talaga kilala ugali ng presidente.

guys wag da mag assume. sabi sa post taas. kahit pa may statement si Pdigs na ganyan. wag daw mag assume.
    baka nag april fools joke lang si digong. LOL!
  • "Sabihin ko sila, amin rin iyan, so please do not forget us when you start exploiting, kasi dalawa tayong claimant. Eh kung magsabi silang hati, eh di mas maganda na," the president said.

Di ko pa napapanood itong speech na ito, pero wtf??
  • magichunter Send Message View User Items on 02 Apr 17 @ 07:48 PM #

Di ko pa napapanood itong speech na ito, pero wtf??

parang aso lang, bigyan mo ng buto masaya na, tsk tsk Checkmate c",?
  • Ang daming matatapang magsalita dito na gusto pumalag sa china. Baka kayo pa mauna umalis ng pilipinas pagnagkagulo. Magbigay kayo ng suggestion kung pano gagawin nyo. Kaya di agad umasenso pilipinas dahil sa mindset nyo. Sisihin lahat kay presidente. Wala tayong capabilities para magkakuha ng resources, pwede tayo makipagnegotiate sa china para doon. Di ibig sabihin nun na sasakupin ka ng ng china.
  • @6RiFtER...

hinde naman sasakupin ng China ang Pinas, pero sinasakop na nila ang South China Sea makita mo sana ang implication ng activity nila dyan sa disputed area...date malaya tayo mangisda dyan, baket kelangan pa natin permiso sa kanila para makapangisda tayo, halimbawa lang yan...

suggestion? ipaglaban ni DU30 ang ating karapatan at ang pagkapanalo natin sa kaso, di naman kelangan magpaputok tayo ng bala, sabe pa nga nya sa issue ng Benham Rise, magpatrolya tayo at kung may makita tayo Chinese ship bangain lang daw at sabihin sa kanila "Hi andito lang kame"...

suggestion? tama yun advice ni Justice Carpio, nasa batas yan, dyan nya makikita kung talagang sincere ang amerika sa kasunduan natin, kesa murahin nya, anong silbi ng ating militar, meron talaga madidisgrasya dyan, trabaho nila yan at dyan nya mapapatunayan kung talagang tutulong ang amerika at iba pang allied country...

hinde mangyayare yan WW3 between USA and China kung ang pagbabasehan ay ang South China sea issue, meron Political at Economical kasunduan yan dalawang bansa...
  • Kung ayon nga sa batas ang gagawin bakit nandoon pa din ang China? Dapat kilalanin ng China ang resulta ng arbitration case. Kaso di pa din sya mapaalis dun. Kung may nakita naman na resources ang China sa benham rise dapat makipagsosyo na lang tayo sa kanila. Meron silang makinarya para doon tapos tayo na din naman ang magbabantay para masunod yung dapat na ikakaingatan sa lugar na yun. Ang US tutulungan lang tayo nyan kung may pakikinabangan sila sa atin.
  • I might want to unlock a good many additional value when Derma Pearls happens. This is a list of normal reactions to Derma Pearls. Derma Pearls is a difficult scenario to function with Derma Pearls. Perhaps I may be very displeased germane to that. You want to avoid Derma Pearls at all costs. It is quite tight. That's how to fix a <click here for link>this has stopped working. This installment has been long overdue. It will melt the resistance.

Give this idea a whirl, "You can't have your cake and eat it as well." and I've been following you. The situation can't be hopeless. I have to get full service on this. What works on this day may not work on that day. Should a somebody could be discovered anywhere which enjoyed Derma Pearls I wouldn't be astonished.

Browse this page for more detais>>http://www.healthdietalert.com/derma-pearls/
  • hinde naman sasakupin ng China ang Pinas, pero sinasakop na nila ang South China Sea makita mo sana ang implication ng activity nila dyan sa disputed area...date malaya tayo mangisda dyan, baket kelangan pa natin permiso sa kanila para makapangisda tayo, halimbawa lang yan...

suggestion? ipaglaban ni DU30 ang ating karapatan at ang pagkapanalo natin sa kaso, di naman kelangan magpaputok tayo ng bala, sabe pa nga nya sa issue ng Benham Rise, magpatrolya tayo at kung may makita tayo Chinese ship bangain lang daw at sabihin sa kanila "Hi andito lang kame"...

suggestion? tama yun advice ni Justice Carpio, nasa batas yan, dyan nya makikita kung talagang sincere ang amerika sa kasunduan natin, kesa murahin nya, anong silbi ng ating militar, meron talaga madidisgrasya dyan, trabaho nila yan at dyan nya mapapatunayan kung talagang tutulong ang amerika at iba pang allied country...

hinde mangyayare yan WW3 between USA and China kung ang pagbabasehan ay ang South China sea issue, meron Political at Economical kasunduan yan dalawang bansa...

^ Ipaglaban ba kamo? A little too late para ipaglaban. Positioning pa lang sa umpisa hindi naman nabantayan until andun na ang china, may structure na sila. Hindi sa pinapabayaan natin, pero more like kumukuha na lang tayo ng consolation prize kesa sa totally wala tayong makuha. Si China claim nila na sa kanila na yun as in kanila at wala silang pakielam sa claim ng ibang nations. Disputed yung area. Pinaglaban natin sa international court, pero ang decision eh, "Hindi sa China yung lugar" pero hindi rin sinabing totally atin. So ano ang magagawa natin? Wala tayong resources para alisin ang structure dun, wala tayong resources para magtayo din ng structure dun. Yung Ally natin, wala din naman nagawa puro threat lang, ni wala ngang magawang sanctions. So kung ikaw ang presidente, ano gagawin mo? Salvage mo na lang kung ano ang makukuha mo kesa totally wala kang makuha.

-- edited by tech_hero on Apr 03 2017, 02:20 PM
  • So kung ikaw ang presidente, ano gagawin mo?

tyak d ako sisipsip sa china.
    d ko sasabihin wala na tayo magagawa dyan.
    d ako uutang kapalit ng katahimikan.

ang tapang nya sa media, pari, eu, adik, etc. pero sa china ang bait.
    at least sana matapang din sya kahit sa salita.
  • ^ Ipaglaban ba kamo? A little too late para ipaglaban. Positioning pa lang sa umpisa hindi naman nabantayan until andun na ang china, may structure na sila. Hindi sa pinapabayaan natin, pero more like kumukuha na lang tayo ng consolation prize kesa sa totally wala tayong makuha. Si China claim nila na sa kanila na yun as in kanila at wala silang pakielam sa claim ng ibang nations. Disputed yung area. Pinaglaban natin sa international court, pero ang decision eh, "Hindi sa China yung lugar" pero hindi rin sinabing totally atin. So ano ang magagawa natin? Wala tayong resources para alisin ang structure dun, wala tayong resources para magtayo din ng structure dun. Yung Ally natin, wala din naman nagawa puro threat lang, ni wala ngang magawang sanctions. So kung ikaw ang presidente, ano gagawin mo? Salvage mo na lang kung ano ang makukuha mo kesa totally wala kang makuha.

ang pagpapa-alis sa kanilang claimed island ay matagal na proseso yan, pero wag na natin hayaan pa na yun mga natitira ay makuha pa nila kaya ngayon pa lang ang presidente natin dapat FIRM sa ating karapatan, hinde yun mamamalimos ng barya dahil wala na tayo magagawa, pinapakita lang natin na wala na tayo dignidad

walang nagawa ang mga ally natin dahil weak ang dating administration, ngayon ipakita ni DU30 ang tapang nya, humingi sya ng tulong sa mga ally natin at dyan natin makikita kung hangang saan ang kanilang itutulong lalo na ang Amerika, kesa minumura nya, i-push nya at ng magkaka-alaman na.
  • 6RiFtER Send Message View User Items on 03 Apr 17 @ 02:09 PM - User is online #
    Kung may nakita naman na resources ang China sa benham rise dapat makipagsosyo na lang tayo sa kanila. Meron silang makinarya para doon tapos tayo na din naman ang magbabantay para masunod yung dapat na ikakaingatan sa lugar na yun.

it will never happen, Chinese pa rin ang masusunod, bibigyan lang tayo ng barya barya dyan...
  • rodriv Send Message View User Items on 03 Apr 17 @ 02:36 PM #
    So kung ikaw ang presidente, ano gagawin mo?

tyak d ako sisipsip sa china.

Simply Well Said...

-- edited by SnakeEyes416140 on Apr 03 2017, 02:45 PM
  • tyak d ako sisipsip sa china.

Yeah. Madami kang hindi gagawin, just like kung ano ginawa ng mga previous administration. Madaming hindi ginawa kaya too late para magmatapang ngayon. Apektado ang pamumuhay ng mga pinamumunuan mo, worst case scenario ay wala kang mapala.

Kaya balik tayo sa tanong ko, ano ang gagawin mo hindi sa kung ano ang hindi mo gagawin.

ang pagpapa-alis sa kanilang claimed island ay matagal na proseso yan, pero wag na natin hayaan pa na yun mga natitira ay makuha pa nila kaya ngayon pa lang ang presidente natin dapat FIRM sa ating karapatan, hinde yun mamamalimos ng barya dahil wala na tayo magagawa, pinapakita lang natin na wala na tayo dignidad

Yeah. Matagal na proseso. Willing ka bang maghirap at damdamin ang matagal na prosesong yun? Or wapakels kasi hindi ikaw ang apektado? Kung fisherman ka sa lugar na yun, payag ka ba na wala ka munang maiisda, payag ka bang hindi muna bumili or mag angkat ng mga bagay mula sa China? O baka naman yung keyboard na gamit mo ngayon ay gawang China. Teka, ano nga ba ang magagawa ko? Yung dignity, aba, magandang topic yan. Survey na lang, sino pabor sa ROTC? Tignan natin kung sino ang willing sa dignidad na yan sa ngayon.

walang nagawa ang mga ally natin dahil weak ang dating administration, ngayon ipakita ni DU30 ang tapang nya, humingi sya ng tulong sa mga ally natin at dyan natin makikita kung hangang saan ang kanilang itutulong lalo na ang Amerika, kesa minumura nya, i-push nya at ng magkaka-alaman na.

Kung alam ng admin natin ngayon na talaga suportado tayo ng US simula pa lang, di na nangyari yan. Oh wait, ano nga ba ginawa ng US para sa dispute na yan? Wala. Lol.
  • Yeah. Matagal na proseso. Willing ka bang maghirap at damdamin ang matagal na prosesong yun? Or wapakels kasi hindi ikaw ang apektado? Kung fisherman ka sa lugar na yun, payag ka ba na wala ka munang maiisda, payag ka bang hindi muna bumili or mag angkat ng mga bagay mula sa China? O baka naman yung keyboard na gamit mo ngayon ay gawang China. Teka, ano nga ba ang magagawa ko? Yung dignity, aba, magandang topic yan. Survey na lang, sino pabor sa ROTC? Tignan natin kung sino ang willing sa dignidad na yan sa ngayon.

sa ganyan pananaw mo, willing ka na maging tuta ng China habang buhay, well karamihan ay hinde...

Kung alam ng admin natin ngayon na talaga suportado tayo ng US simula pa lang, di na nangyari yan. Oh wait, ano nga ba ginawa ng US para sa dispute na yan? Wala. Lol.

iba ang Admin noon, at iba ang ngayon, pano mo malalaman kung hinde mo susubukan, matapang sana ang presidente natin ngayon pero wala eh, inuna ang pagmumura, kung kaya nya makipag-usap as China at ibigay ang hinihingi, kaya nya din sa Amerika yan eh kaso nauna ang kayabangan "Jetski daw" pero bahag naman pala ang buntot.

ikaw ba kung ma-rape at mapatay ang anak mo ng isang milyonaryo/bilyunaryo, sapat na sayo manahimik kung bigyan ka ng pera, esep esep din sa mangyayare sa future, so tuta na lang tayo habang buhay sa China yan ang tema ng pag-eesep mo.
  • ikaw ba kung ma-rape at mapatay ang anak mo ng isang milyonaryo/bilyunaryo, sapat na sayo manahimik kung bigyan ka ng pera

Hinay-hinay lang sir.
  • MANILA, Philippines (Updated 12:06 p.m.) — Vietnamese fishing vessels have reportedly been seen moored at Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal, inserting Hanoi into the post-ruling narrative of the South China Sea dispute. <click here for link>

Mabuti pa talaga yung mga vietnamese, talagang ina-assert nila yung ruling ng Arbitral ruling sa Scarborough shoals.
  • sana wak lang naduduwag ang iba dito sa atin, pero madali lang naman intindihin dahil siguro kulang lang sa kaalaman at subsob lang sa paglalaro ng games. sa games isa lang sukatan dyan, kapag malakas ka madami kang weapons at pera panalo ka. kapag kulang ka nyan talo kaya nagpapalakas ka muna.

sana iwas-iwasan natin ang games sa panahon ngayon, dahil hindi naman katulad nyan ang isyu na hinaharap natin sa WPS at benham rise.