Forum Topic

Official PLDT Fibr thread (No piracy topics or hints)

• ^^ Ganyan yung bagong kabit namin na VDSL sa Valenzuela. Isang apply lang online tapos kabit kagad after less than 2 weeks. Hindi makaabot ng 20mbps up (around 12-15mbps) pero yung down lagpas unti sa 20mbps. Ping nga lang around 15-30ms. Kumpara sa 2-4ms sa fiber connection sa QC.
  • Any subscribers here in taguig those who don’t have internet connection right now?
  • Any of you guys, make the port forwarding work? Mine works via no-ip.com, problem is, it dosent bind after a few days. thanks!
  • @mitchb

i used noip and freedns before on tomato or banana pi which broke.

what are you using to periodically update the ip?
  • Any of you guys, make the port forwarding work? Mine works via no-ip.com, problem is, it dosent bind after a few days. thanks!
    what do you mean by "it doesn't bind"? I'm using it for more than a year now, no problem so far...
    what do you mean by "it doesn't bind"? I'm using it for more than a year now, no problem so far...

I think it's either of the two.

1. He updated his IP address on no-ip on his desktop, closed and forget.
    Days later his IP lease changes

2. He configured no-ip on his ONU or router but it is not updating for whatever reason.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Feb 20 2019, 06:33 PM
  • Post deleted #12201832
  • Same issue with netflix 720p, marami pa rin ba may problema sa netflix? Nag try ako globe hotspot nag 4k reso sya.
  • I think it's either of the two.

1. He updated his IP address on no-ip on his desktop, closed and forget.

2. He configured no-ip on his ONU or router but it is not updating for whatever reason.
    hmmmn, both scenario suggests a user error though...

for #1, that's easily fixed, by just running the client ,
    for #2, i will not suggest this option, as we can only access the 'feature' via hack (or temporary admin access)

best to have a router with a ddns-client built in or run your own client...

I, myself, am using godaddy for my domain, just use simple shell scripts to update the IP whenever it changes, and looking at my logs, it takes like 4-6months before the IP changes (I have the same IP from June to November last year), maybe he's turning off the ONU that's why the IP refreshes frequently

-- edited by baratzki on Feb 20 2019, 08:09 PM
  • @spidercards

Yes. I’m still stuck sa 720 resolution sa Netflix up to now. Haven’t received an update from netflix yet.
  • @taurexn
    parang sa pldt side yata ang problem kasi lately napansin ko lately yun speedtest ko sa mga hongkong servers ay inaabot ng 80-150ms yun ping..

Yup, even with the cable connection and open ports, same results pa rin nakuha ko (Overwatch having 160ms delay). But for now yung third option muna kinuha ko (LAN), kahit papaano mas stable naman at halos hindi na nagspi-spike. Okay na muna 'to kaysa yung sobrang tindi ng rubber banding. Thanks for the help!

-- edited by ph7z1 on Feb 20 2019, 09:36 PM
  • @all Netflix subscribers stuck at 720p resolution

Netflix contacted me and they're still investigating the issue. They advised me to tell all users experiencing this problem to call them, so they can further investigate and find a solution.

Tawag kayo sa Netflix using the app on your phone daw to report the problem.

They're aware of this thread and they will check din daw with PLDT.

-- edited by keane87 on Feb 21 2019, 02:18 AM

-- edited by keane87 on Feb 21 2019, 02:32 AM
  • Good day,

Tanong ko lang mga sir kung okay lang ba to?

Transmitted Power 3.05 dBm
    Received Power -23.09 dBm
    Operating Temperature 52.76 ?
    Supply Voltage 3.28 V
    Bias Current 17.35 mA

Kakakabit lang kahapon pero 30Mbps lang nakukuha ko sa speedtest.net and pag nag try ako mag download, nasa 1.3MB/s lang.
  • 1.3MB/s ~ 10Mbps which is the default you get, the 30Mbps you get on speed test is burst + sustain average, that will get you around 20Mbps to 50Mbps (the pitfalls of averages)

most likely hinde pa configured yung account mo, since you have the default configuration. === unless you are on plan 1699, in which you are getting the right numbers.
  • Hi baratzki,

My plan is 2899 which is the 50Mbps.
    I also have a globe internet and it is averaging 56-60Mbps / 5-6MB/s all the time.

Do I call the hotline to configure it?

-- edited by Raybong on Feb 21 2019, 05:55 AM
  • ^Mahal ata ng 50mbps mo? - sa akin 2,499 lang :)
  • Kame rin yung 50mbps namin 2899/mo :(
  • smuggy - 2499 lang ba dati pldt fibr?

Yung globe 50Mbps ko ang 2499 lang.
  • Hi guys need help kasi Lan 1 lang ang gumagana sa ONU eh kaso dalawa pc namin sa bahay, Tinry ko gawin ung sa http://192.168.1.1/internet/wan_sfu.asp para i enable ung ibang lan slots pero bumabalik lang sya sa log in. Hindi ko na natanong dun sa nag install kung pano enable ung ibang lan slots. Pag bumili ba ako ng sariling router to connect ung dalawang PC kelangan pa ba i tawag kay pldt para mag ka net? Di ko kasi alam kung pano ung gagawin hahaha. Kelangan pa ba ng waiver para dito?
  • ^

lan1 lang tlga gumagana (without waiver or hocuspocus)

bli ka na lang ng switch/router (bridge/dmz if router) if kelangan mo mas maraming ports
  • Who has contact sa installer around QC area?

Since Oct pa ko trying to secure ng PLDT dito sa bahay. Hanggang facilities checking lang lagi kahit meron naman na talaga.
  • ^

saan ka nag apply? thru hotline, business center, online or agent ?

-- edited by getside10 on Feb 21 2019, 04:22 PM
  • Hi,

Nag upgrade pala ng speed ang pldt fber ano 1899 20mbps to 25mbps. Confirm ko lang need paba ipa update sa pldt or hindi na napalo ng 21 to 23mbps speed ko ngaun.
  • Pa suggest naman po ng switch (gigabit at hindi po) na budget friendly and at the same time pwedeng ilimit yung bandwidth ng mga port po. Salamat.
  • Sino walang internet ngayon sa North Signal Taguig? Kahapon pa ko wala eh. Or may trouble shooting ba kapag umiilaw ang LOS? Tia
  • ^wag mo na ipost yang dito, if you want to know kung hindi lang ikaw yung may issue, you can just ask your fellow neighbors if they had the same issue (assuming they also subscribed on the same ISP), else itawag mo na sa customer support yan.
  • ^wag mo na ipost yang dito, if you want to know kung hindi lang ikaw yung may issue, you can just ask your fellow neighbors if they had the same issue (assuming they also subscribed on the same ISP), else itawag mo na sa customer support yan.

tumawag na ko okay naman daw sa area namin. pupuntahan na lang ng technician.
    yes, don't assume na meron ibang means of internet yung mga kapitbahay mo... :P, if ever na may issue nga sa lugar nyo, malalamang may sasagot... wala nga silang internet e...
  • day 7 of line transfer
    no update

day 8 of line transfer(today)
    documents received and confirmed(probably processed) last feb 20(day 6)

making a service order number via 171 as i type.
    reiterated again and again of non simulteanous billing wherein after this call line and bill will stop asap

3-4 days to move out(can stay here till march 5 pero wala na gamit and water/electricity(can be extended)
  • Guys, anong difference ng Google Wifi Plan vs Unli Fibr Plan? Planning to switch from Sky.

<click here for link>

-- edited by arduino on Feb 22 2019, 01:05 PM