Forum Topic

Official PLDT Fibr thread (No piracy topics or hints)

• @Driz_12
    Yes sir. Nka set nga si Qos sa old speed ko. I also saw this sa support page ni Deco. Im using deco M5 sir.

Thank you everyone for your help.
  • Nasa Router din yan, anyway you can upgrade anytime sa WIFI 6 aka 802.11ax na mesh router. Lalo kung 100mbps pataas ang plan.

• PLDT ASUS WiFi 6 router plans and prices unveiled

<click here for link>
  • ^those prices are a scam lol
  • prices looks the same as retail (with monthly payment incurring interest though).
    Was contemplating getting those xiaomi or huawei WiFi6 routers for less than 5k, but when seeing the reviews that the interface is Chinese only, and with the Chinese hardware peeking at your data, the really cheapest WiFi6 router would be the TP-Link AX10, which is around 5k

perfect post, represent the whole message in one picture without the need for any explanation
    Nasa Router din yan, anyway you can upgrade anytime sa WIFI 6 aka 802.11ax na mesh router. Lalo kung 100mbps pataas ang plan.

I guess that represents most router, although I have a ~5year old TP-Link Archer C7v2, I am getting around ~120Mbps on 2.4GHz and ~400Mbps on 5GHz (not using speedtest though, just using iperf3 or simply copying files -- when using speedtest, I'm getting 100Mbps on both, since my connection is 100Mbps on LAN)

It's really down to the client's wifi chipset, the router is easy to see what speed it is capable of --
    e.g. the C7v2 is supposedly AC1750, that's 450Mbps on 2.4GHz, and 1300Mhz on 5GHz
    but that 450Mbps will not be attainable on most client devices since it needs 3 antennas to be able to get that speed, most laptop only use 1 antenna or 2, so that's 150Mbps and 300Mbps -- and with wifi, you always divide it by 2 to get the actual (max) speed, so that means that the most comment speed is around 75Mbps and 150Mbps (max), that's why I'm getting 120Mbps (it's supposedly 150Mbps, but with all the overhead and noise, it realistically maxes out at 120Mbps), with 1antenna, that's ~50Mbps

it's the same with the 5GHz band, 1300 is for 3antenna, and most will only have 2, so that's 866Mhz (again, divide by 2, you get ~400Mbps)
  • @hitler,
    Kahit wifi6 ang router or AP kung hindi naman wifi6 ang client/devices, wifi5 lang din ang gagana both on wifi router and devices.
  • ^true, the only difference if you buy a Wifi6 router is they have higher RAM capacity as well as beefy CPU as well.

though its becoming a trend for this router to have 15-20watts power consumption, to be honest mas maganda mag mesh wifi na lang kayo if your having range and speed issue tapos wired backhaul nyo na lang.
  • Guys pasuggest naman ng good router on top of our PLDT router. Will use the router as extension. Lipat kasi ako sa katabing bahay lang. 1k budget lang mga sir. Kahit 4ports lang and yung tamang lakas lang ng signal

50MBPS po pala yung plan ko..
    Thanks in advance.

-- edited by turonngayon2 on Nov 28 2020, 04:18 PM

-- edited by turonngayon2 on Nov 28 2020, 04:19 PM
  • ^
    Tenda AC10, nasa 1k yan (without shipping)
    or
    Xiaomi Router 4A 100M, nasa around 800-900 pesos yan (without shipping, ordered directly from China)

nasasayo na yan kung ano gusto mo dyan sa dalawa, both come with english and chinese version, of course both of those are Chinese version, yung English version nila is about 200-300pesos additional for their Chinese version base price.
  • ^Thank you sir.
  • Good evening sirs. I'm on PLDT Fibr Plan 1899, 30 Mbps. I'd like to ask why I still get packet loss on online games and low download speeds (specifically when downloading using Battle.net or playing CoD Warzone). However, if I use a VPN(?) like Exitlag (3 day trial), my download speed increases and packet loss disappears. Is this an issue that can be solved by calling 171?

Hopefully they don't tell me to just restart my router.
  • ^I'm on the same plan and I play a lot of Warzone. Been noticing a lot of crazy ping spikes and sudden packet loss in the past week. I'm pretty sure it's a PLDT thing. I'm gonna try to get taken off CGNAT and see if things improve.
  • ^

No issues with warzone, but bad ping sa warthunder (PC, US, 200++) and genshin impact (PC, Asia, 160+) for 2-3 weeks now.

Fixed with VPN (vpngate, free) but hassle to keep setting it up
  • @reigningacid,
    What's the process of getting removed from CGNAT? Please do update what happens if you push through sir.
  • Good evening sirs. I'm on PLDT Fibr Plan 1899, 30 Mbps. I'd like to ask why I still get packet loss on online games and low download speeds (specifically when downloading using Battle.net or playing CoD Warzone). However, if I use a VPN(?) like Exitlag (3 day trial), my download speed increases and packet loss disappears. Is this an issue that can be solved by calling 171?

And also for those having problems w on line gaming.

been on battle net for years now. calling pldt usually is a hit or miss. I mean CSRs wont understand things like lag, servers, tracert, etc. and usually all they know is to test using speedtest. Rarely will your get a csr that understands requests relating to on line games.

If ever you get a csr that fixes it. Anytime you will get that lag again or your routing might be refreshed and back to square 1. You will go through all that troubleshooting again and making those tiring calls to pldt again to have to explain things. Its tiring and itll be a never ending loop.

My suggestion that i have also been using is use a VPN. I use MUDFISH and its been working fine after all these years. LAtely lang i have to go full VPN mode to make it work properly. Its also one of the cheapest vpn.

So in overwatch (via battle net) i get connected to sydney servers which i get 200+ ping and if i get connected to singapore servers i get 90+ ping. But when i use Mudfish VPN i get 60 ping and constantly get connected to singapore servers. Problem solved and you get consistent ping. Lag spikes will always be there, kahit sa pldt meron. But consistency is the more important key.

Just go for a good vpn like mudfish and you will end your stress and get to enjoy online gaming more. :)

-- edited by tin_man on Nov 28 2020, 11:09 PM
  • Hi! So I just spoke with tech support to have me removed from CGNAT. Sabi ng agent, they need to change my ONU to a Fiber Home one. Currently kasi, I have a Huawei HG8145V5 which according to the rep is a hybrid device. Hindi daw pwede ma-configure to use a public IP.

So they created a ticket and a technician will come to swap my Huawei for a Fiber Home ONU in 24-48 hours.

How true is this, na kailangan Fiber Home yung device for you to be removed from CGNAT? Anyone else have the same experience? Thanks sa sasagot. :)
  • ^
    I have Huawei HG8145V5 too. I was on CGNAT before pero ngayon under public IP na. It just happened automatically without calling them. Btw the Huawei modem is connected to a fiberhome fibr cabinet/box.

-- edited by BCFreeman on Nov 28 2020, 10:57 PM
  • Sakin ipv6 naman yung issue, pero hg8145v5 on a fiberhome olt din, same din ng sinabi sakin. Pero ayaw palitan ng tech yung modem kasi wala naman daw problem. Tatlong ticket same resolution sinuko ko na lang. Ayaw talaga nila magpalit ng onu unless sira.

-- edited by LordStark on Nov 28 2020, 11:24 PM

• Sakin ipv6 naman yung issue, pero hg8145v5 on a fiberhome olt din, same din ng sinabi sakin. Pero ayaw palitan ng tech yung modem kasi wala naman daw modem. Tatlong ticket same resolution sinuko ko na lang. Ayaw talaga nila magpalit ng onu unless sira.

Wow. Mapapamura ako if that happens to me, since the only reason na may ticket para pumunta yung tech is to replace the ONU para matanggal ako sa CGNAT. I hope they don't waste my time.

So necessary ba talaga yung Fiber Home ONU to have you removed from CGNAT? Any Huawei hg8145v5 users here na natanggal sa CGNAT by calling 171?
  • ^ no. Im on public ip. Pag tumawag yung tech sabihin mo na ireconfig para maging public ip ka. Hopefully icontact niya yung mga taga config

-- edited by LordStark on Nov 28 2020, 11:26 PM
  • @colopatiron

I'm on HG8145V5 din & recently migrated to Fiber last Oct. Called 171 to have my CGNAT removed a few days ago. First agent transferred me to billing dept, second agent was more helpful. He told me rare daw yung nagpapalipat from CGNAT to public IP so alot of them aren't familiar with the issue

Advice nya sakin (if ever may issue ulet) is ako na daw magsabi sa agent na tawagan nya yung L2 to configure the removal
  • @mirakel

I knew it. I should have trusted my gut feeling and called that agent out for their BS.
    Now I can't even talk to a real person on 171 because of the existing repair ticket logged. Anyone know how to get around this?

When the technician does arrive, do you think they'll be able to remove me from CGNAT themselves or have someone else do it? Thanks for all the replies, you guys have been very helpful (more so than PLDC's pathetic customer service).
  • ^ well to be honest, once you get CGNAT, your sol unfortunately, not even a technician can fix that.

some people manage to convinced the technical support to get them back to public IP, so if your lucky to talk to the same person on technical support, maybe you can get out of it.

line technician that comes to your house only trained to factory reset the modem/ONU and do a basic speed test, everything else like line installation and line checking are probably one of many basics that they can do. they probably dont know what the hell is IP address and shilss, all they can say is, if the line is good and you get the proper speed on speedtest, that's considered good, if you want to escalate this CGNAT issue, you may need to talk to higher ups which is usually only reachable via 171.
  • Post deleted #12346335
  • UPDATE: My ONU was changed and now I'm off CGNAT. Naka swerte ako sa natawagan na tech support kanina. :) All good.
  • Ang swerte mo sa field tech haha. Di ko alam bat andamot sa onu ng field tech na naaassign sakin lol
  • @LordStark

As luck would have it, friend nung 171 tech support guy yung field technician in the Cainta area. Problem was resolved less than an hour after my call.
  • I hope PLDT would roll out FiberHome's HG6245N which was Wi-Fi 6 and WPA 3 support.
  • Hello po,

Totoo po bang hanggang 25mbps lang ung VDSL ?

Dati akong VDSL, kaya download ng 90+Mbps, upload 30+Mbps sa case ko
  • ^

VDSL can do 100/50 kung best case (maganda linya at malapit ka sa cabinet). Kaya pa nga 300/100 pero newer standard yan and ndi ata deployed ni PLDT yan.